[FM11] [Newcastle FC] - We've got something up our Slieve (Donard)

JonnyCurrie

slievedonard.jpg

---------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Nations/Leagues Loaded:

Northern Ireland (ALL)

Ireland (ALL)

Scotland (ALL)

Wales (ALL)

England (ALL)

France (Read-only top league)

Spain (Read-only top league)

Italy (Read-only top league)

Germany (Read-only top league)

Netherlands (Read-only top league)

--------------------------------------------------------------

With the last Football Manager, I had three long saves that I spent most of my time (individually) with all year. I managed to complete the dafuge challenge with Dartford and play on for a good number of seasons. I then attempted Gundo's European Adventure Challenge with a unknown side Newington Y.C. and was making steady progress towards completing the final task when the save crashed. I wasn't going to give up easily so I reloaded and found myself at Ballycastle United - here I made the same progress (although not as much as the previous save) but by the time I had reached around 2018 I had lost interest for one reason or the other. I personally think I just starting thinking more and more about FM11 and the great new addition of DLR.

So on one hand I'm dying to finally get a club from my home country, N.Ireland, into the Champions League and become a real massive franchise. However I also wish to maybe, have some sort of a journeyman career.

I called it like this: I'll load all of the home nations and I will begin in N.Ireland. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be - either way. O and the only reason I haven't loaded the nations outside the UK & Ireland was because I legitimately don't believe I actually would myself even if I was a good manager in reality. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------

And so I tried to think about if there was any club at all, or area of this country that I wanted to give some attention to. An area maybe that I love and therefore would put effort into their club moving to the next level. I had good think about it and I remember me and the other half love visiting Newcastle in Co.Down:

town-large.jpg

Mainly for it's little seaside atmosphere and it's awesome hotel and restaurant, the Slieve Donard.

And so I decided I would like to attempt to turn around the fortunes of Newcastle FC. The only issue I had was when contemplating how to get the pyramid enabled so I could work up from Newcastle's current position, I quickly remembered that we don't have a pyramid scheme outside the first three leagues (the playable leagues in FM) in reality.

So to make things easier somewhat and for simply less hassle, I opened the editor for the first and only time with FM11 and swapped some random club in the Championship 2 with Newcastle FC. :cool:

O and just to give you the general gist of it: They're dreadful. - one or two players, no staff, some money (no debt thank god) and a tiny pitch where they attempt to play the beautiful game.

Let the fun/disaster begin!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

leaguehistory.png

Season		Nation		Club		League	           Finish	Achievements

2010/11		N.Ireland	Newcastle FC	Championship 2	   2nd		Promotion. Good run in the IFA Cup.
2011/12         N.Ireland       Newcastle FC    Championship 1     3rd          Avoided relegation. 
2012/13         N.Ireland       Newcastle FC    Championship 1     2nd          Promotion via play-off.
2013/14		N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   9th		Avoided relegation. League Cup Runner-up. Irish Cup Winner.
2014/15	        N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   6th		Avoided relegation. Antrim Shield Winner.
2015/16	        N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		Antrim Shield Winner. First qualification for the CL.
2016/17	        N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   7th		None.
2017/18	        N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   7th		Irish Cup winners.
2018/19	        N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   2nd		None.
2019/20	        N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		Antrim Shield Winner, League Cup Winner.
2020/21	        N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		Antrim Shield Winner, Irish Cup Winner, All-Ireland Cup Winner.
2021/22	        N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		Antrim Shield Winner, Irish Cup Winner.
2022/23	        N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		None.
2023/24		N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		Made the CL Group stage, unbeaten in the league.
2024/25		N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		League Cup Winner, beating FC Bayern on their own patch. 
2025/26		N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		Not coming bottom of the CL Group. All-Ireland Winners, Shield Winners.
2026/27		N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		Double over Spurs in CL. League Cup, Irish Cup & All-Ireland Winners.
2027/28		N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		Irish Cup winners.
2028/29		N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		League Cup, Irish Cup and All-Ireland Cup winners.
2029/30		N.Ireland	Newcastle FC 	Premiership	   1st		League Cup, Irish Cup & Shield Winners.

--------------------------------------------------------

Season Index:

1. Season 2010/11.

2. Season 2011/12.

3. Season 2012/13.

4. Season 2013/14.

5. Season 2014/15.

6. Season 2015/16.

7. Season 2016/17.

8. Season 2017/18.

9. Season 2018/19.

10. Season 2019/20.

11. Season 2020/21.

12. Season 2021/22.

13. Season 2022/23.

14. Season 2023/24.

15. Season 2024/25.

16. Season 2025/26.

17. Season 2026/27.

18. Season 2027/28.

19. Season 2028/29.

20. Season 2029/30.

European Championships:

Euro 2012

Euro 2016

Euro 2020

Euro 2024

World Cups:

World Cup 2014

World Cup 2018

World Cup 2022

World Cup 2026

trophies.png

County Antrim Shield - 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2026, 2030

Irish League Cup - 2020, 2025, 2027, 2029, 2030

Irish FA Cup - 2014, 2018, 2021, 2022, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030

Northern Irish Premiership - 2016, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030

All-Ireland Cup - 2021, 2026, 2027, 2029

Things are actually going pretty well at the start of our season. Unbeaten in the league, scoring goals and having good performances with the odd win against higher league opposition in the cups.

Also pretty pleased the tactic I created right from the off seems to be doing the job without any need for tweaking. :D

Should post the season write-up in the next day or so.

Halfway through my first season with Newcastle now and I have good news so far:

NorthernIrishChampionshipTwoInformation_LeagueTable.png

I must be honest however and state I feel very lucky to be sitting in this position as I feel we are purely there through firepower and a bit of luck with holding on to 1-0 wins at times.

Any takers for the only team to beat us so far? :rolleyes:

slievedonard.jpg

Newcastle FC - Northern Irish Championship Two - 2010/11

Media Prediction: 16th

Season Summary:

Long story short, I brought in a lot of players. Too many than I needed but I probably had a mild panic attack at the beginning of the season when we literally had nobody at the club. After making my tactic for the players, I continued to slightly tweak it throughout the season with both positive and negative results.

We had a good season both in the league and in also, we put in great performances against higher league opposition in the cups. The main reason for that was our strikers at times looked like they could beat any defence in the country. However on the flip side, a lot of my back-line did not do their jobs that well for most of the season and we found ourselves involved in many a 3-3 or 2-2 draw simply because we couldn't retain a lead. I also never once felt comfortable with any of the three goalkeepers I had at my disposal - all of them clearly had been spoofing about their best position after I saw all three regularly failing to catch simple balls from the air.

We sat on top of the league at Christmas and continued playing well (unbeaten in 12 at one point) until we lost a few, which in turn, became something like 6 on the bounce without a win. We slipped to 2nd place and stayed there for the rest of the season. The only reason why we stayed there was due to my strikers saving us a few times to pull out a leveller and the fact the teams below me, must not have really fancied promotion because they ended up in worse form than ourselves!

P-P-P-P-Promotion Baby!!!! :D

Steel Cup - 4th Round

Intermediate Cup - 1st Round

Irish League Cup - 2nd Round

Irish FA Cup - 5th Round

League Table/Season Position Graph - Finished 2nd

Key Players

Kieran Kane - The only defender I could really rely on. That said, he's a thug and should be locked up for some of the tackles he attempted throughout the season. Scumbag.

Simon Gribben - An excellent striker for this level. Lost his confidence completely during the last third of the season but still got a great tally.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfers

Finances

End of season manager profile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next season:

Not sure we'll be able to repeat these crazy antics next season. I would be happy to stay up and build up to a promotion within three years. That said, you sometimes can get lucky with the odd player coming in on a free, so you never can tell. I think some of our strikers will be fine at this level however. I need some better wingers and that's primarily where my targets will be in the transfer window.

elsewhereThisSeason.png

England

Premier League - Man Utd (Winners), Man City (ECC), Arsenal (ECC), Chelsea (ECC)

Relegated: Stoke, West Brom, Blackpool

Championship - Burnley (Winners), Sheffield Utd (Promoted), Middlesborough (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Millwall, Ipswich, QPR

League One - Bristol Rovers (Winners), Southampton (Promoted), Swindon (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Tranmere, Rochdale, Yeovil, Bournemouth

League Two - Gillingham (Winners), Wycombe (Promoted), Rotherham (Promoted), Morecambe (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Hereford, Cheltenham

Conference National - AFC Wimbledon (Winners), Luton (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Eastbourne Boro, Southport, Hayes and Yeading, Altrincham

Conference North - Sollihull Moors (Winners), Blyth (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Vauxhall, Redditch

Conference South - Chelmsford (Winners), Bromley (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Dorchester, Boreham Wood, Thurrock

FA Cup - Man Utd

League Cup - Everton

Community Shield - Man Utd

Football League Trophy - Sheffield Wednesday

FA Trophy - Kettering

Scotland

SPL - Rangers

Relegated: Hamilton

First Division - Falkirk

Relegated: Stirling, Cowdenbeath

Second Division - Livingston (Winners), Brechin (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Forfar, Airdrie Utd

Third Division - Clyde (Winners), Arbroath (Play-off Winners)

FA Cup - Dundee Utd

League Cup - Hearts

Challenge Cup - Morton

Ireland

Premier League - Bohemians

Relegated: Bray Wanderers

First Division - Derry City

FA Cup - Bohemians

League Cup - Shamrock Rovers

Munster Senior Cup - Limerick FC

Wales

Premier League - Llanelli

Relegated: Prestatyn

FA Cup - Port Talbot

League Cup - Llanelli

Northern Ireland

Premier League - Linfield

Relegated: Newry, Donegal Celtic

Championship One - Institute (Winners), Bangor (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Ballyclare, Glebe

Championship Two - Sport and Leisure (Winners), Newcastle FC (Promotion)

Relegated: Tobermore Utd, Moyola Park

FA Cup - Glentoran

League Cup - Glenavon

Co.Antrim Shield - Carrick

Steel Cup - Crusaders Reserves

Intermediate Cup - Institute

Mid-Ulster Cup - Loughgall

All-Ireland Cup - Glentoran

Will be less detail for these as they are just read-only so I'll just tell you the winners..

France

Ligue 1 - AS Monaco

Coupe de France - Stade Malherbe Caen

Coupe de la Ligue - O.Marseille

Trophee de Champions - O.Marseille

Germany

Bundesliga - Schalke

DFB-Pokal - Bayern Munich

Netherlands

Eredivisie - FC Twente

KNVB-Beker - AZ

Johan Cruijff Schaal - FC Twente

Italy

Seria A - Roma

Coppa Italia - Parma

Supercoppa - Roma

Spain

La Liga - Barcelona

Copa del Ray - Sevilla

Supercopa - Barcelona

European Trophies

Europa League - Juventus

Champions League - Barcelona

Hmmmmm, maybe not. Just lost 2-0 at home.

O well, next season.

EDIT: Finished 3rd :(

Which I know is actually a really good finish when we were favourites to go down but missing out on 2nd spot by only one point is a dreadful feeling.

Season update to come.

slievedonard.jpg

Newcastle FC - Northern Irish Championship One - 2011/12

Media Prediction: 14th

Season Summary:

After last seasons heroics I was definitely not expecting a repeat performance. However we did well for the majority of the season. In the league - not the cups (we hate cups now - didn't you get the memo?)

The majority of the transfers in, didn't work out. I'll hold my hands up and say I trusted my AssMan a bit too much at times with his reckoning of how good a player was before signing him. We did have however the free transfer of the season and he went on to collect the top goalscorer gong for the league.

As for the performances, there was some excellent showings and then some not-so. I have to be careful however because given our expectations for the season, the inconsistency should be something to expect. In the end we had bounced between 1st spot to 6th, to 7th and then crawled back up until the final day when a great last-minute winner away from home was still not enough to snatch the 2nd spot. A good/great season with a bitter taste left in the mouth.

Co.Antrim Shield - 1st Round

Steel Cup - 2nd Round

Intermediate Cup - 4th Round

Irish League Cup - 1st Round

Irish FA Cup - 1st Round

League Table/Season Position Graph - Finished 3rd

Key Players

Michael Husbands - Banged in 20+ goals and that's all I can ask for from a striker. Picked up the top goalscorer award too. :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfers

Finances

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next season:

A good number of players will move on. Don't get me wrong, they did okay but they aren't going to take us beyond this league any time soon. I need a goalkeeper, desperately. In fact I need two coaches, a physio and a couple of scouts too. I need more money.

I'm a greedy sod right?

Point taken.

elsewhereThisSeason.png

England

Premier League - Man City (Winners), Arsenal (ECC), Chelsea (ECC), Everton (ECC)

Relegated: Newcastle, Burnley, Birmingham

Championship - West Brom (Winners), Nottingham Forrest (Promoted), Bristol City (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Watford, Swindon, Coventry

League One - Sheffield Wed (Winners), Huddersfield(Promoted), Brighton (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Morecambe, Colchester, Dag & Red, Gillingham

League Two - Yeovil (Winners), Luton (Promoted), Rochdale (Promoted), Southend (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Chesterfield, Macclesfield

Conference National - Grimsby (Winners), Mansfield (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Bromley, Histon, Barrow, Sollihull Moors

Conference North - AFC Telford (Winners), Workington (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Hinckley, Northwich, FC Halifax

Conference South - Hayes & Yeading (Winners), Basingstoke (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Dartford, Salisbury, Wealdstone

FA Cup - Tottenham Hotspur

League Cup - Chelsea

Football League Trophy - Peterborough

FA Trophy - Darlington

Scotland

SPL - Rangers

Relegated: Inverness CT

First Division - Dundee

Relegated: Livingston, Brechin

Second Division - Stirling (Winners), Ayr (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Clyde

Third Division - Albion Rovers

FA Cup - Hearts

League Cup - Hearts

Challenge Cup - Dundee

Ireland

Relegated: Drogheda, Fingal

First Division - Shelbourne (Winners), Bray Wanderers (Play-off Winners)

FA Cup - Galway Utd

League Cup - Dundalk

Wales

Relegated: Afan Lido

FA Cup - Llanelli

League Cup - Newtown

Northern Ireland

Premier League - Portadown

Relegated: Bangor

Championship One - Newry

Relegated: H & W Welders, Banbridge

Championship Two - Coagh Utd (Winners), Annagh Utd (Promotion)

Relegated: Portstewart, Lower Maze

FA Cup - Banbridge

League Cup - Bangor

Co.Antrim Shield - Cliftonville

Steel Cup - Ards

Intermediate Cup - Dundela

Mid-Ulster Cup - Banbridge

All-Ireland Cup - Bohemians

Will be less detail for these as they are just read-only so I'll just tell you the winners..

France

Ligue 1 - Lyon

Coupe de France - PSG

Coupe de la Ligue - PSG

Trophee de Champions - Monaco

Germany

Bundesliga - Stuttgart

DFB-Pokal - Bochum

Netherlands

Eredivisie - Ajax

KNVB-Beker - Ajax

Italy

Seria A - Juventus

Coppa Italia - Napoli

Supercoppa - Parma

Spain

La Liga - Real Madrid

Copa del Ray - At.Madrid

Supercopa - Barcelona

European Trophies & World Club Cup

World Club - Barcelona

Supercup - Barcelona

Europa League - Juventus

euro.png

European Championships 2012

Hosts: Poland

Quarter-Finals:

Poland 1 - 2 Ireland

Greece 2 - 4 France

Spain 1 - 0 Italy

England 1 - 2 Germany

Semi-Finals:

Ireland 0 - 0 Germany (Ireland through on penalties)

France 1 - 0 Spain

Final:

Ireland 0 - 1 France

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ireland defying expectations there big time! :cool:

First game of the new season. Away from home. Massive underdogs. We score an own-goal in the first half and I tell them to buck up their ideas for the second.

We get back in the game with an outstanding long-range effort from Cristiano Ronaldo...*cough* I mean random back-up striker John Grant.

[video=youtube;0GJc2SEBIv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GJc2SEBIv0

slievedonard.jpg

Newcastle FC - Northern Irish Championship One - 2012/13

Media Prediction: 13th

Season Summary:

Last season was very positive despite how it finished in the end and we looked to try and at least do as well if not better this year. The start of the season saw us pretty inconsistent and lacking goals. When we did score it was spectacular and when we conceded it was a comedy festival performance from my goalkeeper and back four.

So back to the drawing board I went and reconstructed our tactics a good deal - this got things moving in the right direction. The issue with our defence never really rectified despite having (according to my AssMan anyway) at least two or three solid, leading defenders for this level. But we were scoring goals and the majority of the time if we scored, we scored three or four - which helps.

The cup competitions on the whole did not go amazingly but we managed to reach the semi-final of the Steel Cup, only to lose to Linfield's reserves and we managed to have a decent run in the Irish Cup until we met Portadown (first of four encounters.) We forced the Premiership side to a replay and did well before crashing out.

Back in the league we were doing quite well I thought but kinda out of nowhere Loughgall began to storm their fixtures list. Literally smashing everything in front of them.

In the end our consistency just wasn't at the same level. Part of the reason for this was general discontent in the Newcastle FC camp. I had fined a few players for taking the **** during a few matches and at one point they all went bananas over me daring to punish a player for being rated a 4.5! And so various chats opened and in the end the majority of key players in the side told me, rather frankly, they would be leaving at the first opportunity. So as you will see next season with the transfers - many will be shipping out.

Regardless of that however, and rather surprisingly, we did keep scoring at least and in the end had to settle for scraping the 2nd spot. Which meant a play-off decider against our Premiership equivalents - Portadown.

The match-up itself as you can imagine given the media's outlook for our season was billed as David Vs Goliath. And we ain't Goliath. The first match probably should have sealed our fate and Portadown only have themselves to blame for not scoring more. In the end we pulled a goal back - a morale boosting goal back. It finished 2-1 to them with the return leg at our gaff. Now Simon Gribben isn't one of my players of the season. He will be moving on this summer on a pre-organised move and he generally has been in my ass ever since the end of the first season I joined this club. However, he gave me and the club and pretty solid going away present and scored both goals that would take us into the Premiership.

SIMON SAYS W00T!

Co.Antrim Shield - 1st Round

Steel Cup - Semi-Final

Intermediate Cup - 1st Round

Irish League Cup - 2nd Round

Irish FA Cup - 4th Round

League Table/Season Position Graph - Finished 2nd

Play-Off Decider

Key Players

Simon Dunne - Our best defender by a mile.

John Grant - The back-up striker that scored that goal above. Yeah he turned out to be pretty useful. Picked up the top goalscorer award too. :D

Simon McGowan - Did well for us up front.

Transfers

Finances

Next season:

Will be needing fresh blood without question and hopefully I can get in the right sort of players to keep us up.

There will be no miracles this season I'm pretty certain. Solidifying our position in the best league in the country is more than a good target.

elsewhereThisSeason.png

England

Premier League - Man City

Relegated: Bristol City, Wolves, Sheff Utd

Championship - Stoke (Winners), Southampton (Promoted), Preston (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Brighton, Bristol Rovers, Sheff Wed

League One - QPR (Winners), Ipswich (Promoted), Plymouth (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Yeovil, Rochdale, Carlisle, Hartlepool

League Two - Northampton (Winners), Bournemouth (Promoted), Gillingham (Promoted), Colchester (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Lincoln, Port Vale

Conference National - Chesterfield (Winners), Hereford (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Forest Green, Hayes & Yeading, Basingstoke, Blyth

Conference North - Corby (Winners), Gainsborough (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Nuneaton, Hednesford, Worksop

Conference South - Farnborough (Winners), Welling (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Oxford City, Tooting & Mitcham, Hastings Utd

FA Cup - Bolton

League Cup - Man Utd

Community Shield - Man City

Football League Trophy - Watford

FA Trophy - Chesterfield

Scotland

SPL - Rangers

Relegated: Dundee

First Division - Inverness CT

Relegated: Stirling, Ayr

Second Division - Brechin (Winners), Livingston (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Cowdenbeath, Stenhousemuir

Third Division - Forfar, Annan

FA Cup - Rangers

League Cup - Celtic

Challenge Cup -Morton

Ireland

Relegated: Bray Wanderers, U.C.D.

First Division - Fingal (Winners), Cork City Foras (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Salthill

FA Cup - Bohemians

League Cup - Derry City

Wales

Relegated: Bridgend

FA Cup - Llanelli

League Cup - Carmarthen

Northern Ireland

Premier League - Linfield

Relegated: Portadown, Newry

Championship One - Loughgall (Winners), Newcastle FC (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Sport & Leisure, Annagh Utd

Championship Two - Banbridge (Winners), P.S.N.I. (Promotion)

Relegated: Warrenpoint, Killymoon

FA Cup - Donegal Celtic

League Cup - Glentoran

Co.Antrim Shield - Glentoran

Steel Cup - Linfield Swifts

Intermediate Cup - Linfield Swifts

Mid-Ulster Cup - Portadown

All-Ireland Cup -Derry City

France

Ligue 1 - OM

Coupe de France - Stade Rennais FC

Coupe de la Ligue - Lyon

Trophee de Champions - Lyon

Germany

Bundesliga - FC Bayern

DFB-Pokal - FC Bayern

Netherlands

Eredivisie - AZ

KNVB-Beker - FC Twente

Italy

Seria A - Napoli

Coppa Italia - Napoli

Supercoppa - Juventus

Spain

La Liga - Barcelona

Copa del Ray - At.Madrid

Supercopa - Real Madrid

World Club - Palmeiras

Supercup - Barcelona

Europa League - Palermo

Champions League - At.Madrid

slievedonard.jpg

Newcastle FC - Northern Irish Premiership - 2013/14

Media Prediction: 12th

Season Summary:

This season was bizarre. A complete mess that turned out rather good in the end. For 75% of the season we were completely outclassed in most matches. No matter if we dominated possession or defended well - we always couldn't score and let the odd goal in. It was tediously boring and depressing to watch.

I brought in far, far too many players - and subsequently many of them left within the same season after I realised half of them were pish or at best, prospects for the future (potential for 3-5 years from now is no good in a relegation battle!)

In the league we literally sat bottom, without any hope for 30 odd games of the season. In the cups, we were doing ok and working our way through the stages mostly.

Then suddenly, for whatever reason (I was tweaking tactics all season so I can't be sure if it was me or not), we began to win matches. Then we won some more matches. We ended up one of the best form sides in the division. We finished the season away to Linfield, needing a draw to guarantee we would not have to face the relegation play-off; we spanked them 5-1. I would advise most people to check the league position graph to understand what I'm talking about - I'm delighted but rather bemused.

In terms of the cups: we went out of the Antrim Shield at the semi-final stage and we managed to reach the League Cup final but went down to 10 men after one of my midfielder's nearly snapped some poor lad in half - we went down 1-0 in the end. Drug testing found no use of anabolic steroids in the player sent off - although I have my doubts. :mad:

But the best story of the season (and again, this coming after our miraculous turnaround in the league was the complete icing on the cake), we had made the final of Irish FA Cup and faced a side Donegal Celtic from the league below. Our two strikers on the day wrapped up the win and now little Newcastle, the "Seasiders" will have a crack at the Europa League qualifiers! :cool:

Co.Antrim Shield - Semi-Final

Irish League Cup - Runners-up

Irish FA Cup - Winners!

League Table/Season Position Graph - Finished 9th

Key Players

Tom Pope - The signing of the season according to those who know best. Personally think he can do much better with his goal-tally.

Martyn Taylor - Young lad from Sunderland. A good centre-back and has plenty of years ahead of him.

Carl Tremarco - Left wing-back with solid performances.

Aristote Nsiala - My best defender. Had the highest average rating of any player in the division but didn't win any award for it. Odd.

Alan McCormack - A great midfielder for this league. Came in mid-season but he was outstanding towards the end.

Transfers -- Yeah, that's what you call overkill.

Finances -- Naaat good.

Staff

Club Info -- On their favourite list finally :D

Facilities

Honours History

Next season:

Can't be as bad as last season, in terms of the start, middle and near finish we had in the league. Will be fun trying the Europa League. Need some cash into the club desperately as I can't get a youth facility built and can't even relay our pitch currently. Only way is up I'm afraid.

elsewhereThisSeason.png

England

Premier League - Man Utd

Relegated: Nottingham Forrest, Southampton, Preston

Championship - Blackpool (Winners), Bristol City (Promoted), Burnley (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Ipswich, Barnsley, Scunthorpe

League One - Brighton (Winners), Watford (Promoted), Peterborough (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Leyton Orient, Northampton, Bournemouth, Brentford

League Two - Stockport (Winners), Torquay (Promoted), Shrewsbury (Promoted), Rochdale (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Chesterfield, Hereford

Conference National - Rushden (Winners), Port Vale (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Bath, Workington, Farnborough, AFC Telford

Conference North - Histon (Winners), Glouchester (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Nantwich, Cambridge City, Lowestoft

Conference South - Hayes & Yeading (Winners), Bishops Stortford (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Maidenhead, Staines, Billericay

FA Cup - Fulham

League Cup - Man Utd

Community Shield - Man City

Football League Trophy - Watford

FA Trophy - Fleetwood

Scotland

SPL - Celtic

Relegated: Falkirk

First Division - Ross County

Relegated: Livingston

Second Division - Alloa

Relegated: Dumbarton, Albion Rovers

Third Division - Berwick, Queen's Park

FA Cup - Dundee Utd

League Cup - Celtic

Challenge Cup -Hamilton

Ireland

Relegated: Fingal, Dundalk, St.Pat's Athletic

First Division - Longford (Winners), U.C.D. (Play-off Winners)

FA Cup - Shelbourne

League Cup - Bohemians

Munster Senior Cup - Waterford Utd

Wales

Relegated: Bangor City

FA Cup - Neath

League Cup - TNS

Northern Ireland

Premier League - Glentoran

Relegated: Loughgall

Championship One - Portadown (Winners)

Relegated: Dergview, Ballymoney Utd

Championship Two - Knockbreda (Winners), Moyola Park (Promotion)

Relegated: Annagh Utd, Portstewart

FA Cup - Newcastle FC

League Cup - Dungannon

Co.Antrim Shield - Glentoran

Steel Cup - Warrenpoint

Intermediate Cup - Bangor

Mid-Ulster Cup - Coagh Utd

All-Ireland Cup - Bohemians

France

Ligue 1 - Lyon

Coupe de France - Nice

Coupe de la Ligue - Monaco

Trophee de Champions - Stade Rennais FC

Germany

Bundesliga - Stuttgart

DFB-Pokal - Wolfsburg

Netherlands

Eredivisie - Ajax

KNVB-Beker - Feyenoord

Italy

Seria A - Roma

Coppa Italia - Milan

Supercoppa - Napoli

Spain

La Liga - Real Madrid

Copa del Ray - Villarreal

Supercopa - Barcelona

World Club - Corinthians

Supercup - Palermo

Europa League - Inter

worldcup.png

World Cup 2014

Hosts: Brazil

Quarter-Finals:

Brazil 4 - 0 Ghana

Germany 0 - 2 Argentina

Denmark 1 - 0 Tunisia

Belgium 1 - 0 Portugal

Semi-Finals:

Brazil 0 - 1 Belgium (After extra-time)

Argentina 2 - 1 Denmark

3rd/4th:

Denmark 1 - 2 Brazil (After extra-time)

Final:

Belgium 0 - 4 Argentina

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Some interesting finishes there!

slievedonard.jpg

Newcastle FC - Northern Irish Premiership - 2014/15

Media Prediction: 11th

Season Summary:

Unremarkable season really. Positive in that we avoided relegation again and look to have established the club as one of the better ones in the country. Negative in that our performances were very inconsistent.

We had a crack at the qualifying round of the Europa League - we did okay, but went out accordingly. We picked up the Co.Antrim Shield early on in the season and looked to be heading for a good season from there. We had good results throughout the season but after these, we always had a shock home loss or through away a 3-0 lead away to some team. Obviously I have work to do for next season in that regard.

We made it to the semi-final of the League Cup but went out on penalties, which was acceptable. What wasn't acceptable was going out at the first hurdle, as holders, in the Irish Cup, to a side from the league below! Dreadful away performance and set the tone for the rest of the season at that point.

I ****ed off a number of players with disciplinary measures, some of which will leave this summer. I actually like this part of the game somewhat. It lets me know, quite effectively, who thinks they're too big for their boots and I can get rid accordingly.

We also took part in the All-Ireland Cup but we failed to make an impact there unfortunately.

So in the end we finished 6th in the league. Not a bad season but nothing to write home about.

Co.Antrim Shield - Winners!

Irish League Cup - Semi-Final

Irish FA Cup - 4th Round

Europa League - 2nd Qualifying Round.

All-Ireland Cup - Quarter-Final

League Table/Season Position Graph - Finished 6th

Key Players

Richard Lecky - Doesn't look like much but a really good poacher.

Aristote Nsiala - Another good season from the Welsh centre back.

Alan McCormack - Still the best midfielder I've got. The best player I've got. Injured for some time during the season. Didn't help.

Transfers -- 95% of these are 17-19 year olds who have potential to be leading stars of the division according to my scouts - they were put in the reserves and I will hopefully either make profit on them or get two or three into the first team next season. (just to put the ridiculous amount of transfers in, into some sort of context!)

Finances -- Looking better now.

Staff

Club Info

Facilities

Honours History

End of season manager profile -- Shortly after this, I managed to squeeze out an early contract extension to 2019 just for safety. :D

Next season:

CONSISTENCY.

I'll have it written on the chalk-board in the changing room.

Yes, a chalk-board. You seen our finances right? We can't afford no damn interactive white board..

elsewhereThisSeason.png

England

Premier League - Man Utd

Relegated: Burnley, Stoke, Blackpool

Championship - Leeds (Winners), Newcastle (Promoted), Leicester (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: QPR, Doncaster, Crystal Palace

League One - Barnsley (Winners), Ipswich (Promoted), Millwall (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Exeter, Walsall, Stockport, Torquay

League Two - Brentford (Winners), Bury (Promoted), Northampton (Promoted), Tranmere (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Stevenage, Grimsby

Conference National - Chesterfield (Winners), Gateshead (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Kidderminster, Macclesfield, Cheltenham, Bishop Stortford

Conference North - Barrow (Winners), Southport (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Altrincham, Aston Utd, Marine

Conference South - Ebbsfleet (Winners), Bath (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Weymouth, Hampton & Richmond, Kingstonian

FA Cup - Aston Villa

League Cup - Everton

Football League Trophy - Millwall

FA Trophy - Welling

Scotland

SPL - Celtic

Relegated: Ross County

First Division - Dundee

Relegated: Alloa

Second Division - Livingston

Relegated: Berwick

Third Division - Airdrie Utd

FA Cup - Rangers

League Cup - Dundee Utd

Challenge Cup - Falkirk

Ireland

Relegated: U.C.D.

First Division - Monaghan Utd

FA Cup - Shamrock Rovers

League Cup - Shamrock Rovers

Wales

Premier League - Neath

Relegated: Goytre

FA Cup - Neath

League Cup - Carmarthen

Northern Ireland

Premier League - Glentoran

Relegated: Crusaders, Portadown

Championship One - Bangor (Winners), Donegal Celtic (Play-off Winner)

Relegated: Larne, P.S.N.I.

Championship Two - Queens University (Winners), H & W Welders (Promotion)

Relegated: Lower Maze, Dungiven

FA Cup - Distillery

League Cup - Cliftonville

Co.Antrim Shield - Newcastle FC

Steel Cup - Newcastle FC Reserves

Intermediate Cup - Warrenpoint

Mid-Ulster Cup - Killymoon

All-Ireland Cup - Sligo Rovers

France

Ligue 1 - Lyon

Coupe de France - Lyon

Coupe de la Ligue - Lyon

Trophee de Champions - Lyon

Germany

Bundesliga -Dortmund

DFB-Pokal - FC Bayern

Netherlands

Eredivisie - Ajax

KNVB-Beker - Feyenoord

Johan Cruijff Schaal - Ajax

Italy

Seria A - Juventus

Coppa Italia - Palermo

Supercoppa - Roma

Spain

La Liga - At.Madrid

Copa del Ray - At.Madrid

Supercopa - R.Madrid

World Club - Barcelona

Supercup - Inter

Europa League - Koln

Champions League - Inter

slievedonard.jpg

Newcastle FC - Northern Irish Premiership - 2015/16

Media Prediction: 11th

Season Summary:

This season was quite odd. I didn't get the consistency I wanted really. We never looked like a stable performing side that could be depended on to either score or keep a clean sheet. But thankfully, in my good fortune (admitting with any hesitation), the rest of the teams in the division seemed to be having the kind of issues.

Apart from retaining the Antrim Shield our cup performances were completely dire and really embarrassing in the case of the Irish Cup which is just (like last season) unacceptable given we won the bloody competition two years ago, when in (first XI wise) a worse position than now.

But we did get a few wins and we began to pick up points. We made it to the summit and then towards the end we drifted off the top spot. Going into the final game of the season against leaders Linfield, we had to win (and hope the other side very close to the top didn't take full points.) The match was very close and in the end, a goal from a striker, who will be moving on without any doubt due to his incredibly disgusting attitude and level of inconsistency, was enough to give us the win. Him scoring made the win a bit of a slap in the face to myself somewhat. We got some luck and we ended up sitting on top by a point. And hey presto! Six years after I took over, we are Champions of N.Ireland! :)

Co.Antrim Shield - Winners!

Irish League Cup - 3rd Round

Irish FA Cup - 5th Round

League Table/Season Position Graph - Finished 1st

Key Players

Jon Jacobs - The best of bad bunch of defenders. Don't get me wrong though, he has potential just like the rest of the unit at the back.

Paul Smith - A good midfielder for the future and popped up with a great goal from 40+ yards, in an important match near the end of the season.

------

Transfers

Finances

Staff

Club Info

Facilities

Honours History

Next season:

Need to retain the title first and foremost. But we will get a big help financially if we can go against logic and actually beat some teams in the Champions League qualifiers. Linfield have just turned professional. We need to in the next few years if we are to begin matching the bigger sides in N.Ireland.

Archived