+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WAY too many disallowed goals

Amateur

Default WAY too many disallowed goals

Here's a question - how many times do you see the ball being put into the back of the net in real life only for it to be disallowed? Sometimes off corners maybe but not that often imo. And also if there's a foul etc... then players don't kick the ball into the net for fear of being yellow carded for kicking ball away/timewasting etc...

I think SI have got this wrong - the amount of times I'm up celebrating only to read the dreaded... 'but the linesmans flagging' aaarrrggggghhhhh

Don't think it happens that much in the real world - any thoughts?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dutch3723 View Post
    Here's a question - how many times do you see the ball being put into the back of the net in real life only for it to be disallowed? Sometimes off corners maybe but not that often imo. And also if there's a foul etc... then players don't kick the ball into the net for fear of being yellow carded for kicking ball away/timewasting etc...

I think SI have got this wrong - the amount of times I'm up celebrating only to read the dreaded... 'but the linesmans flagging' aaarrrggggghhhhh

haha, i had this 4 times in 1 match.

the game ended 0-0

i wasn't happy lol.

Part-Timer

Since playing Defoe as a Poacher I've had many disallowed goals, but before that had very few.

Semi Pro

i haven't seen this happen at all yet, but it does happen irl. If a player doesn't know they're offside then they will have a shot. If the referee blows his whistle too late then you see it happen very often irl.

Reserves

i don't think i have even had a disallowed goal yet and i am about 12 games in.

Amateur

So far played 18 games and can only recall a couple of moments.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dutch3723 View Post
    It's pretty easy to tell the difference. A real goal immediately has the flashing background.

Just watched MOTD, which had a few, and one or two that *should* have been disallowed. But sure, the game's linesman/referee could be a bit faster.

+ Reply to Thread