FM11 - Continental Dominance Challenge

The Aim

The aim of this challenge is to win every continents equivalent of the Champions League. This will mean that you will have to download at least one created league to play in the Oceanic Champions League. You will need to win the following competitions to complete the challenge.

1. OFC Champions League(Oceania){optional}

2. Asian Champions League

3. North American Champions League

4. African Champions League

5. Copa Libertadores

6. European Champions League

Where to download New Zealand file from?

I got mine from here there are loads of leagues from all over the world to download and really customize your experience.

Change of Rules

Due to the amount of people experiencing crashes when using a New Zealand downloaded league I have decided that the O-League is an optional part of the challenge. This means you can complete the challenge by winning the other 5 champions league tournaments.

Downloadable Leagues - Due to crashes when playing I recommend downloading and testing New Zealand leagues available in the editors forum

The Rules

1. Must start unemployed

2. Must start with a reputation of Sunday League, Automatic or semi-professional

3. Do not use FMRTE or Genie scout or any other 3rd party editors.

4. Must accept one of the first 2 jobs offered to you.

Options

1. Keep us up to date with your progress.

2. Attribute masking can be on or off.

3. You can load as many leagues as you want or the minimum of one from each continent

4. You can win the competitions in any order you want.

5. National management is encouraged but totally optional.

6. Player naming and any other type of advice is encouraged in the thread.

7. It would be extremely helpful if you can link me to any created leagues you use in your set up so I can place them in this opening post.

This challenge was a reasonably good success on FM10 as it was posted quite a fair bit after the game was released. I am hoping to get twice as many people involved as last year on FM10 only myself and pathtoamen succeeded in completing the challenge hopefully there can be more this season.

My Career Thread for FM10 where I completed the challenge is in the careers forum. I can highly recommend people update their game in that forum of course keep us updated in this thread as well. I highly enjoy the use of that forum and a bit of shameless advertising feel free to check out my thread in there.

I started this challenge after reading about it in the FMS forum. At the time I was not enjoying FM as much as I have in the past but experiencing the new leagues I had no idea about was great fun so hopefully when people do start to get bored of FM they can give this challenge a go.

Good luck people.

Hall of Fame

I will post any progress of the people winning the trophies over the course of the challenge.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to know, I have just started so gives me more time than last years game. Hopefully a few more people will give it a go at some point.

Just holidaying through to make sure the files from 2010 that appear to work aren't storing up problems for later then I'll get started.

Can't seem to get a job in NZ with anyone but Auckland at semi-pro rep with your file, so debating whether to start elsewhere (so everyones game doesn't begin 'so i arrived in lovely auckland', although egyptian 2nd division doesn't especially appeal....

...so perhaps I'll just go to Auckland, that picture you put in the careers forum looks so tempting :p

I'm about to start this one, but I'm not sure how to add the NZ-league. Can I import the xml-file or how does it work?

You download the file from the first post and then go to Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011 then if there isn't a folder called 'editor data' there just make one and put the xml file in there.

Once you've done that just boot up the game and when you go to start a new game you should have an extra bit at the bottom of the pop up "Editor Data Files 1 enabled (1 in total)" and NZ should appear under oceania in the country list as you set up the game.

If you want to disable it later just go to the screen where you select which countries you want in your game and in the top left corner is a tab "Select Editor Data Files" where you can untick the NZ file to disable. Hope this helps and enjoy the challenge.

I have done step one by winning the OFC Champions League with Auckland City which is very easy to do. Finding it impossible to get another job so looks like I will be staying at Auckland for the time being. Anyone who starts in New Zealand should try to sign Totori first he is a goal machine at this level.

I have done step one by winning the OFC Champions League with Auckland City which is very easy to do. Finding it impossible to get another job so looks like I will be staying at Auckland for the time being. Anyone who starts in New Zealand should try to sign Totori first he is a goal machine at this level.

Which rep did you start on Acid?

Allrigth! I've started my conquest for glory around the world and I decided to follow in your footsteps and have just played my first league-match as manager of the great Auckland City.

profileq.th.jpg

Update will follow when my first season is completed.

Allrigth! I've started my conquest for glory around the world and I decided to follow in your footsteps and have just played my first league-match as manager of the great Auckland City.

profileq.th.jpg

Update will follow when my first season is completed.

Nice to see someone starting the challenge, good luck dude Auckland City is the place to be.

AcidBurn, what are the roster restrictions in that New Zealand file you have? Because I'm playing as Auckland City and I signed some U23's but the game isn't recognizing them so I'm kind of screwed. :(

No restrictions on the one I am using, I signed a couple of players under 23 and they played a few times. Only negative thing about the one I use is 2 yellows equals a one match ban.

Think I might have a go tinkering with this NZ file because some of it is just wrong, as the rules from the NZFC last season have suspensions as 4 yellows = 1 match ban, 6 = 2, 8 = 3, 10 = 5. That would be easy to sort out if you just wanted to edit the file yourself and reupload it Acid.

Anyway, back on topic, I've started a game and can only repeat Acidburn's recommendation for Totori, he is deadly at this level.

Think I might have a go tinkering with this NZ file because some of it is just wrong, as the rules from the NZFC last season have suspensions as 4 yellows = 1 match ban, 6 = 2, 8 = 3, 10 = 5. That would be easy to sort out if you just wanted to edit the file yourself and reupload it Acid.

Anyway, back on topic, I've started a game and can only repeat Acidburn's recommendation for Totori, he is deadly at this level.

I thought it was wrong but to be honest I never noticed until the end of the first season, I am also useless with the editor if you do sort things out let me know and I can replace the file with one you have done if that's okay.

This looks interesting: The ASB Challenge Series.

The ASB Challenge Series, which features the Wellington Phoenix reserves taking on ASB Premiership clubs across New Zealand in eight winner-takes-all clashes

http://www.nzfc.co.nz/index.php?id=1342

Would be nice to play in FM11 :)

I saw that when I was looking round on the internet and thought it would be very very cool to play on FM.

I'm going to have a go at this challenge now, great idea AcidBurn!

Cool good luck dude, just be aware of the problems with the New Zealand file not being that up to date. Going to wait for a proper one to be released as I am not fully confident to make changes and such. I find it more than playable though as New Zealand and OFC Champions League are the easiest to win.

AcidBurn, I've already started this challenge as Auckland City. It's part of my big career game. :)

No idea whether I'll finish this challenge or not though, I tend to stay at clubs for a long time if you haven't from my FM10 career games... :p

Good to see you taking part, I would have tried out your Asian one but the masked player attributes rule puts me off. I have noticed your slight attachments to clubs in you FM careers.

There could be a problem with this challenge if you do not load enough leagues, it might just be my game but my manager reputation has not increased at all despite two league wins and two O-League wins.

My first two seasons with Auckland are over and the results as follows:

Leaguetable 2011

leaguetable2011.th.jpg

Leaguetable 2012

leaguetable2012.th.jpg

O-League 2012

oleague2012.th.jpg

No surprises there. But it seems just as difficult for me to get another job as it was for you, AcidBurn.

And due to lack of machinepower, I have only loaded the best league in Argentina, Mexico, Spain, Egypt, Australia and NZ.

I am wondering about leaving New Zealand until further on and starting somewhere else. I think there might be a bug with the created leagues stopping the manager reputation from going up. Has yours risen at all since the start of the game?

Going to have a real crack at this challenge this year. Started with a rep of Sunday League footballer and loaded leagues from:

USA

Brazil

England

NZ

South Africa

Australia

I was offered a job from Winners Park in the First Dvision Inland which is one below the top but also the lowest. A transfer budget of 4,500 has been given and my assistant believes we can achieve midtable. There are only 9 teams in the division but 36 games and our media prediction is 7th. Will update at the winter break!

Here is my profile:http://img717.imageshack.us/i/profilecou.jpg/

Here is my starting squad:http://img683.imageshack.us/i/squado.jpg/

Good luck dude, I will be reloading and starting my game again next week. I will not do New Zealand first as I think the reputation thing is very annoying.

Can you let me know how your manager reputation is developing as you play the game?

Maritzburg United 2010/2011 (South Africa)

Decided to restart this challenge.

This time I've started in South Africa and was accepted as manager of Maritzburg United. They play in the South African Premier Soccer League and are media-predicted 14 out of 16.

So this does not seem to be as easy as Auckland City was. But I hope to prove them wrong.

The squad seems OK for now. Small stadiumcapacity though (7895)

Notables in South Africa: Hristo Stoichov is manager of Mamelodi Sundowns.

Top two teams qualify for the African Champions League

I am not confident enough to make myself one I am sure someone will release on at some point. I will just start the challenge again but start somewhere that is not New Zealand and pop there to finish the O-League later in the game.

I just wish I could make it myself.

Valin sent me one with the yellow card rules and it has two transfer windows in a one week one mid season and one from 30th June until start of season. He has also edited in an U-20's league to stop players being unused.

I am not sure what the real transfer window rules are to be honest. You can upload it as well so we have two, that would be very helpful.

Got to thank cletus and Valin for making the changes to the files. Maybe I was unlucky with the reputation thing or maybe I just needed more leagues loaded.

I started today as manager of Hereford going to try and build up my reputation and then move on not sure where to. Hereford doesn't look as nice as Auckland though lol.

Got to thank cletus and Valin for making the changes to the files. Maybe I was unlucky with the reputation thing or maybe I just needed more leagues loaded.

I started today as manager of Hereford going to try and build up my reputation and then move on not sure where to. Hereford doesn't look as nice as Auckland though lol.

From the sound of what cletus changed/added they should be pretty much the same, I just hope they work ok... and thats weird as Hereford always offered me a job with the other file but I declined as I usually had 2 offers from NZ which I'd applied for by then.

I am thinking of starting in New Zealand but having England down to league two loaded. I think with English nationality I could get a job there once I pick up the O-League, my only worry is that it will not work out and once again I will be left with wasting time on the game.

Maritzburg Utd 2010/2011 Update

What a first halfseason in South Africa!

Considered underdog in almost every game, but we showed them, did we:

After 15 out of 30 matches we're holding 3. place just 1 point behind

leaguetable2010.th.jpg

And thats not all. Have just won my first trophy: The South African Knockout Cup and 489.000 euro (doubled the balance)

knockout.th.jpg

Looking forward to the rest of the season

lol, might have to if this doesn't work. That or start somewhere else.

It isn't ideal I know but I suppose one alternative for the time being may be to start with a higher reputation in New Zealand but limit yourself to taking jobs you feel would be realistic for what you've achieved.

Maritzburg Utd 2010/2011 Update

What a first halfseason in South Africa!

Considered underdog in almost every game, but we showed them, did we:

After 15 out of 30 matches we're holding 3. place just 1 point behind

leaguetable2010.th.jpg

And thats not all. Have just won my first trophy: The South African Knockout Cup and 489.000 euro (doubled the balance)

knockout.th.jpg

Looking forward to the rest of the season

Nice one that's a great start to the season.

I am thinking of having a little experiment, start in New Zealand then add another manager to a few league two teams retire the created manager and see if I would be accepted for the job if that goes okay I can start again. I love starting in New Zealand as it gets one part of the challenge done straight away.

Archived