I've been mentioning this idea (PMI) recently in various threds. many gamers find sliders hard to manage and would like them being easier to understand. the mein problem as I see them is becouse of so many combinations. while I agree it can be hard and time consuming for understanding how sliders work, I really don't see any alternative for them. even more I think team instructions to be quite detailed and they bring decent amount of real life football features. the only two team sliders questionable to me are "creative freedom" and "time wasting". also I don't support idea of having reduced number of notches on sliders. but I'm sure timewasting would need no more then 3 notches, but this is something for other discussion.
one area that needs improvement are "player instructions". real life managers can talk to players, give them exact tactical instructions- roles and duties. here's where I believe that player sliders aren't enough and that "Player Movement Instructions" could improve tactical system hugely. it would work well in combination with sliders. so what are PMI?
"Player Movement Instructions" are simply instructions for giving us control over player movement. many will agree that player movement isn't the strong point of current match engine. one of the reasons for poor player movement are also "Arrows". I strongly support an idea of this thread, written by rashidi1: http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/6402015093
the question I was allways asking my self is; are "Preffered Moves" really a habbit player has or they are an instructions given by their managers. IMO, they are both.
so "Player Movement Instructions" could easily be a "tick box" for allready known "Movement Preffered Moves":
- Gets into opposition box
- Moves into channels
- Gets forward whenever possible
- Likes to try to beat offside trap
- Comes deep to get ball
- Arrives late into box
- Allways stays back
- Hugs line
at least one more PPM should be introduced (mostly for wingers who have this habbit/instruction):
- Moves into central positions
what would be the benefits?
- IMO player movement should be controled by mentality and "Player Movement Instructions". movement in tatical system would be simplified without arrows--> only a defensive formation would be enough.
- forward runs wouldn't be needed anymore, for the same reason (mentality and PMI)
- without arrows player's movement wouldn't be so statical and predictable.
- removing the arrows and adding PMI would bring one important thing. every formation, 4-4-2 for example would be different, which isn't the case now. standard 4-4-2 bring many variations of it IRE. so the basic defensive shape is 4-4-2 but when in posession it might transform into 2-4-4, 4-2-4, 2-3-3-2, 2-2-2-2-2, or any other combination. that's also one of the reasons why 4-4-2 is so popular and effective.
- for the same reason we would actually have to take a look at our opponents matches, (thier style) before we play. it would add realism.