Buying Mac Game onoine problems...

First, it would be nice to know the price of the game via Esellerate before downloading hundreds of mbs, just a rough idea would be good. Downloading over a GB without knowing the cost is a tad annoying.

Secondly if you're going to sell the game via Eselerrate it would be superb if you could stop the thing crashing and giving errors such as:

eself.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Plus the game is now incapable of activating, (on a clean user account no less). Oh well. Time to use Steam instead. (except there's noooo chance of that happening). Lost sale, Kerching!

Can I ask why you chose esellerate in the first place? Found Steam to be faultless with my mac install at the busiest time as well (bang on release time Thursday night).

Good question :) Over the past few years I decided not to buy the game before the 2nd/3rd patch as I got a little annoyed by the bugs and two years ago I found it for about £8 in the bargain bin after Christmas. However last year, due to exchange rates, the Esellerate price was excellent (a company I worked for also used Esellerate so I'm familiar with them).

I thought I'd see what I could could get it for and it turns out it's £18. So a nice little saving. I am simply unwilling to pay full whack for a game that has issues as FM does every year yet I still have a crazy loyalty to SI (SI gave me a lot of fun many years ago with CM01/02 etc etc) so rather than pirating (which is of course very easy as a Mac user) I will always pay for the game.

Esellerate is a nice option, offers the game for a somewhat reasonable price and makes me feel good for supporting a small developer (read SEGA) ;)

But whatever. Release the game, sell it as a download but please SI, make the blasted thing work. In the time it took me to sort this out I could have gone and got it for free from numerous places.

Archived