I have bought the game through gamesplanet as a digital download. Gamesplanet is not like Steam, there's no application keeping your games up to date. So I've tried to download and install the patch but I get a message saying there's no dvd.
The only way to fix this is to reinstall the original version of the game, which has an activation mechanism called Byteshield. What should I do?
I had the same issue. Try installing the new patch then following these steps:
1) Go to the Football Manager 2011 install directory
2) Locate ByteShield.ini – open in Notepad
3) Delete all but the Top 2 Lines of data – you should be left with the following (on
4) Save the file
5) locate the file 'profiles.xml' and delete this file
6) locate a file like xxxxxxx_sg_fm_10rc_decryptmod.lib (where xxxxxxx is the username you used to register) – if no file – skip to 8)
7) Delete file
8) Double click the FM.exe file
9) Enter your username/password
10) Accept any dialogue prompts (will prompt to move active activation)
11) Play game