Annoyances - staff salaries and job applicants

I usually manage Newcastle United, not because I support them but for the reasons of support. A large fan base, decent facilities... potential. Okay, a massive debt too but I overlook that ;)

It's always annoyed me in FM how little you can offer some staff. It's a Prem club, I've offloaded loads of players yet I struggle to sign semi-decent staff. In FM'11 this has become an even bigger problem. Does anyone else find this a pain? It's almost as if every other area of FM has been looked at but the staff wage offers are stuck in 1975.

What makes it even more painful is throwing out the job adverts. I'm trying to rebuild the backroom staff and ask for applications for all roles. I was after Solskjaer from Man U originally but he wasn't interested in talking to my club. But he applies for the vacant position of Assistant Manager... I'm told I can negotiate with him but when you try he announced he's not interested in talking to you. Brilliant :)

Other than that, thoroughly enjoying the new game thus far. Of course I've been preparing my club for the past two hours and haven't played a match yet but that's normal, right? :D

Archived