How accurate is the estimated game speed ?

Reading through the threads around here i realize most of you guys will start with a database of at least 50,000 players. The thing that really bugs me is that if I select anything above 50k, my game speed rating drops under three stars (or even two), as seen in the picture bellow (22 leagues from 9 nations):

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/freeman211986/ScreenShot406.jpg

I'm running an AMD quad core 3Ghz PC with 3 GB of RAM, so the game rating seems rather low

So how accurate is it really the estimated game speed shown in the game ? I'm looking to play a 30++ seasons game and i would really hate if it became unplayable after just a short period. (BTW, i select minimum processing for all the lagues in the game, except, of course, the one that I'm playing)

• 2 months later...

I did not want to start a new topic regarding this question. How much difference it makes? Is the speed difference obvious a lot? Or is there not much difference between 5 and 3 stars, or even 5 and 1? It makes me uncomfortable when it drops under 4. Therefore all the times i create a game with a few leagues (5 or 6). My current game's estimated speed is 4.5 and I am happy with it, but I wonder how would it be if the estimated game speed were lower.

Do we know exactly what the estimate is based on? I know the game supports multi-core processors but does the Estimated Game Speed figure take that into account or is it based on CPU speed? Similarly, does it take into account the amount of RAM and such?

Obviously, as an estimate, it is exactly that and doesn't claim to be wholly accurate but I wonder whether it has been stated whether the value it produces takes into account multi-core CPUs?

I am still waiting for my copy of FM11 but on FM10 my main career game had at least the top 2 leagues loaded from Belgium, Netherlands, Scotland, Russia, Brazil, Argentina, England (to League 2), Spain, France, Portugal and Italy and for me the speed was perfectly fine. The Estimated Game Speed was around 2.5 stars on a Phenom II 965 system with 4Gb RAM. It was a little slower on my Core i3 330m, 4Gb laptop but not so much that it bothered me.

Reading through the threads around here i realize most of you guys will start with a database of at least 50,000 players. The thing that really bugs me is that if I select anything above 50k, my game speed rating drops under three stars (or even two), as seen in the picture bellow (22 leagues from 9 nations):

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/freeman211986/ScreenShot406.jpg

I'm running an AMD quad core 3Ghz PC with 3 GB of RAM, so the game rating seems rather low

So how accurate is it really the estimated game speed shown in the game ? I'm looking to play a 30++ seasons game and i would really hate if it became unplayable after just a short period. (BTW, i select minimum processing for all the lagues in the game, except, of course, the one that I'm playing)

I'm running 46 leagues, large database, 70,000 players on an AMD quad core proccessor, 2ghz, 3gb ram.

Finished my 4th season recentley, and it almost runs the same as it did during my first season, which is very well(almost flawless infact). There is a slightly noticeable speed decrease during an international tournament or international week, but it is minimal.

The computer gave me a half a star rating btw, so it's next to useless. In 25 seasons, who knows whether my save will be playable? But i am confident it will be fine in another 5 seasons.

I don't really pay any attention. For a lot of people what's slow or fast is pretty subjective. The very first time on FM 10 I added leagues on a priority basis and the speed rating dropped to the lowest even when well in the leagues and nations that I always ran and being in an expansionist mood, there would be no chance of not having. And it was fine (at least how I'm used to which may be a little slower than others) for many seasons.

Archived