+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,600 of 4347

Thread: dafuge's FM11 challenge

Amateur

HENDON DONS PRESEASON REPORT: 2016/17
    English Premiere Division

Notes:

Wigan has enquired about both of my young goalkeepers.

On that note both of the goalies want an improved deal(and received one)

Goal=avoid relegation=$10.25mill transfer/82k wage(already spending 103k uuuuuuugh), might kill transfer budget only if I can sign more guys.

New transfer budget=6million. Wage budget=165k/week. Now I can sign some new faces. Thank goodness.

Going to be great being able to scout wherever I want too now.

5000-1 odds to win it all. Still too poor of odds.

It looks like i'll be signing lots of spanish players cause so many good spanish players. Like none of them are terrible.

New Signings:

MC: Renaud Cohade-18.25k/week-2 years-good epl mc. mmk then
    Offered contract to Cosmin Vlad-Leading EPL MR(20/20 scout)-17 years old-950k transfer. Man City and Chelsea also involved. ugh.
    DL: Hamdani Kamal-Comoros DL who is projected to be a decent LB. 19 years old. $600/week
    Everywhere Midfielder: Peter Whittingham-31 year old everything guy, $5250/week 2 years. neat.
    DL: Jack RObinson-22 years old. Well since my awesome transfer target chose someone else(meanie), he'll step in for 4 years $9250/week. GOOD EPL LB.
    omgomgomg Cosmin Vlad selected Hendon over Man City and Chelsea. omgomgomg.
    A(MR):Cosmin Vlad-$950k transfer from VIllareal. 17 years old. (20/20 scout) states LEADING EPL MR. $2100/week 3 years. what a steal for me.
    DLC:Javier-Spanish free transfer. Turned down NINE other teams to sign me with for $12000/week for 4 years (20 potential scout) lists as LEADING EPL DL. Already GOOD EPL DL.
    ST: Oscar Bolanos-$4400/week. 3 years. Another Spanish player. Projected to be a good epl striker. Appears to be more of a setup guy atm though. Touted as the next David Villa. whoa.
    DC: Jose Vincente- Turned down three Spanish clubs. (20/20) scout says LEADING EPL DC. 19 years old, $6500/week 3 years. 6'6" 15 marking/tackling beast.
    ML: Andres- Turned down 5 other teams. 20 years old. (20/20) scout says LEADING EPL ML. $9500/week 4 years.
    current wages at 147k. ooh.
    DRC: Paul McShane-30 y/o workhorse defender. 2 years $4500/week.
    ST: Benik Afobe-23 year old 16 pace/14 striker to replace Saric, plus I noticed I only had like 4 strikers. 4 years $3600/week.

Things should get very interesting quite soon!

Goals/Thoughts:
    Stay up.?? This was basically a perfect off season for me to legitimately build up for the future, while hopefully being able to stay up in the future. My main concerns are my goalies and my strikers, and if they can play well staying up should be fine. If last year is any indication, I should hover around 17th with brief jumps to as high as 14th, and falling to 19th. I really just hope there is at least one team that is just terrible(like Plymouth was last season.) So yeah Year 1 of the 5-6 year plan has now officially begun.

*gulp*

Another blanket thanks to everyone for giving me things to browse and read late at night when there is nothing on tv(like right now ), and may success stories be aplenty, and congratulations spread around for all to enjoy.

Part-Timer

Looks like I'll be ending up around 14- 15th again in my second season at Croydon Athletic. Somehow I'm into the FA Trophy final though
    I do really well at cups but super average in general :\

pickemgenius Show us a list of the league. Curious who is in the league

*edit* I got 13th! PB!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Quavis View Post
    Mitsuko: Glad to see you manged to avoid relegation! It gets much better once you can offload the deadwood and bring in some more of your own players. The league table in your season is amazing. The top 6 teams have incredible point totals. I finished on 77 points last season which was good enough for 3rd and I would barely have slid into the last playoff spot. If you can only bring in a couple guys for next season, I'd work on strengthening the back four. I've always found that its much easier to defend first than it is to try and chase a game where you are already down a bunch of goals. Welcome to the challenge and thanks for the update!
    Well I got rid of over half of my squad...and yet my board gave me less wages than last year, so I was still spending too much! So I had to sell my £725 a week striker (vastly overpaid).

Started this season with 3 defeats, but we've scored in all of them. I just need to try and get another center back and a winger and things should be ok.

Oh and this was the goal that ultimately kept me up last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqHsu-gKyng :P
    Last edited by Anti Spiral; 23-11-2010 at 10:36.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Quavis View Post
    Ridleys: A good solid season in the BSP, clear from relegation Matt Upson looks like quite the player, I hope you can hang onto both him and Borini. Good luck next season!

Annihilator666: Wow what the season! Congrats on both the League Championship and the JPT trophy. Good luck in league 1!

Jaffa: Congrats on promotion! Another loaner? *smacks* we were doing so well this year without them lol. Congrats on the Villa draw! 4 promotion spots and only 2 relegated...god I miss league 2. 14 goals from a DC?? Quit abusing the corner glitches! J/K 10 out 10 in is just as realistic as everyone getting promoted this fast :P Thanks for another great update! Goodluck in League 1.

Darren1983: Congrats again. Now the pressure is all on me to make sure the 3rd times the charm still works lol. Thanks for the extended update
    I'm not aware of any corner glitches in this version..I avoid the tactics help forum like the plague to be honest. IMO if you use someone elses tactics etc, why even bother playing the game?! I've been using the same corner free kick setup since year dot - IE play to best header of the ball

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Had a decent start in the Championship. We're only 15th after 6 games but i've been really pleased with our performances, and we just got a 4-2 win over Crystal Palace which will boost confidence. We've also got through to the 3rd round of the League cup despite fielding my backup players. Next we face Liverpool! Echoes of our epic FA cup match a few years back, but they might not be underestimating us this time!

Part-Timer

Croydon Athletic - Blue Square Bet South - 2012/13
    Last Season was a building season and I guess we're still going. Got 13th which was ok considering my terrible start to the season, but won the FA Trophy which was awesome and gave me much needed funds

League Table
    League Positions Graph

FA Cup - Not to bad getting to thtie first round but schooled by Sfd Wed once there.

FA Trophy
    - My team were exceptional during these games. This title run seemed to coincide with my team having a win streak, so that helped. Took me to the trophy

Squad - Still going......need some decent depth to the team and maybe a star midfielder? not sure yet

Transfers - Some decent pickups, Mooney and Maxted 2 great prospects. Unloaded Andy Blackburn who was whining and got a nice 22k for him

Key Player Profiles

David Mooney - Goal Scoring machine! did his knee halfway through the season and didn't get another start though :\

James Gilpin - Decent GK who was the only member of the original team. Got an offer of 20k for him and it was to hard to turn down. My backup GK was whining about no game time and he is great too so all good

James Gibb - Still a classic and stepped up when Mooney was injured for the second half of the season. Mooney got back in time to play off the bench in the last game of the season, the Trophy match. :\

Lloyd Evans - going strong and captaining like a champ

Career Overview

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 14th nil
    2012/13 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 13th FA Trophy Win

Next Season

Want to really step it up and have a go. Need to have a good start though, that crippled us towards the end of last season

Part-Timer

LOL just picked up Robbie Fowler as a scout.

Part-Timer

And in my next game, I just beat Leicester 5-2 away. One of my new signings Fabbiani got a hat-trick, including this beauty! It doesn't look like getting goals will be a problem this season!

Amateur

I'll edit this post later with screenshots (At work) but a nice short end of season 2011/2012 review:

Northwich - Blue Square Bet North - 2011/12

League:

<Insert Picture>

Squad:

<Insert Picture>

Transfers:

<Insert Picture>

In my first season with Northwich I finished 7th and lost out on the playoffs on a goal difference of 2 goals, my best signing was Poole (striker) and Neil Quashie (found him in the free transfers and he's turned out to be a star player). I didn't get very far in the FA Cup or the FA Trophy as it took a long time for my new squad to gel and I was near the relegation zone for the first 10 games.

Next Season:

Try to manage the wage budget and get that in check, clear out some of the older players (try bring in some young talent for the future on lower wages) and push for the play-offs in the new season.

Only problem with signing a whole new team and backup is that I went crazy and I'm now £1000 a week over my wage budget and I'm trying to sell players but it's really hard in this version, does anyone have any tips?
    Last edited by Millsy; 23-11-2010 at 13:56.

Part-Timer

Talk about history repeating... lost 3-2 to Liverpool in a cup match AGAIN! And yet again, it was a cracking match.

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Finally! Our fourth win of the season comes against Wigan. 14 games in and I've won 4. Not good.

Amateur

2013/2014 Blue Square Premiership - Tooting & Mitcham United

Tooting and Mitcham's first season in the Blue Square Prem and it started with a bit of a disaster, in the pre-season i sent out my scouts to scout all the free transfers in the game but i didnt realise that the list was 3000+ players long. lets just say that even now my scouts are still working through the list of players!!

so what this meant was that i couldnt really scout for new players so in the close season i only brought in 2 players a Liberian Striker Abe Donzo and a Journeyman Winger Craig Westcarr. My honest aims at this point were just to struggle through the season, concentrate on the Fa Cup when it arose to clear funds and maybe sell some high performing players so that next season i could have a fresh start with a decent bank balance.

What instead happened was utter domination, i won my first game 4-0 and remained top until 10 games to go where I was 16 points clear of 2nd place, at this point i went on manager holiday as i was pretty certain i wouldnt be caught but i think my assistant manager is a bit rubbish as i lost 6 out of the 10 games but luckily maintained a 3 point gap to win the league ahead of Crawley!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Z7t7SQBWFv...600/league.jpg

player wise my new striker was amazing netting 31 in 35, he was backed up by last seasons high performers, wingers Ansah-Owusu and Evina and my captain and rock Derrick Williams.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Z7t7SQBWFv...season%2B3.jpg

so i'm officially a League Club, i think a cull of my players is in order and hopefully i can hire a scout to look at players as my two scouts are still working through the list from last year!!

Amateur

Congratulations on the promotion Shocker7, but your report begs one obvious question.....WHY ON EARTH go on holiday?? madness, enjoy the good times pal cos you wont be able to holiday when your struggling

Part-Timer

Gorramit! David Mooney, my #1 striker had 6-7 months off at the end of last season. Second game in, fractured ribs, 2-3 months

Amateur

Damnit, my game just crash dumped...hope I haven't lost much

EDIT: I lost my whole pre-season - bugger!
    Last edited by Jaffa; 23-11-2010 at 13:37.

Amateur

FC United of Manchester - Blue Square Bet north - 2011/12

A decent season. Was hoping i could get in the playoff, but my team wasn't good when i wanted them to be.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

It was really up and down this season.

FA Cup - 2nd qual. round - Lost to Witton

FA Trophy - 2nd round - Lost to Bury

Squad

Key Player Profiles:

Mike Norton - Topscorer with only 13 goals.

Jerome Wright - 11 assists.

Anton Blackwood - An average rating on 6.95 as the highest in the squad. That is too low!

Career Overview

Code:
    Season     League                   Position  Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Blue Square South        15th       n/a
    Next Season

Improve my defence and get a good striker.
    Playoff.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    Finally! Our fourth win of the season comes against Wigan. 14 games in and I've won 4. Not good.
    What division are you in now Jordan?

Part-Timer

Kazpeer good start. Better than my first 2 lol

Amateur

I think I have a centre back fetish or something, I keep signing promising young centre halves...help with the afore being seeked

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    What division are you in now Jordan?
    Championship. Wigan dropped down a while back.

In other news, I've actually managed to win three in a row

I've also managed to make some much needed wage cuts, to battle the massively declining finances.
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 23-11-2010 at 15:48.

Part-Timer

Championship. Wigan dropped down a while back.

In other news, I've actually managed to win three in a row

I've also managed to make some much needed wage cuts, to battle the massively declining finances.
    Oh, right. I'm Championship too. The step up isn't quite as drastic as I expected, getting some decent results even though i'm not too happy with my squad.

Amateur

Oh, right. I'm Championship too. The step up isn't quite as drastic as I expected, getting some decent results even though i'm not too happy with my squad.
    I started quite badly, but appear to have sorted that out. 6 wins in a row, with 18 goals scored in them. Cole & Carroll are finally gelling.

Part-Timer

I started quite badly, but appear to have sorted that out. 6 wins in a row, with 18 goals scored in them. Cole & Carroll are finally gelling.
    Carroll is at Liverpool in my game, so that's quite a signing! The most famous player I got is Robbie Keane. But the best signing has been Cristian Fabbiani, he's fantastic to watch.

Amateur

Carroll is at Liverpool in my game, so that's quite a signing! The most famous player I got is Robbie Keane. But the best signing has been Cristian Fabbiani, he's fantastic to watch.
    Keane's just took over at Blackburn on mine.

Also, just beaten Huddersfield 3-0. Things are going well

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Congratulations on the promotion Shocker7, but your report begs one obvious question.....WHY ON EARTH go on holiday?? madness, enjoy the good times pal cos you wont be able to holiday when your struggling
    i just wanted to finish the season before i went to bed!!

Amateur

2 goals conceded in the first half in the season opener. Both on freekicks

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by sheeshy View Post
    And make that 16 from 16. Board are furious!
    Sacked. I'll be back /Arnie.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by sheeshy View Post
    Sacked. I'll be back /Arnie.
    Damn, unlucky!

Part-Timer
    Last edited by Gypsum; 23-11-2010 at 19:25.

Part-timer

Been trying to get Hendom for quite some time, might end up going for someone else as I did Hendon on FM09 and Bradford Park Avenue in FM10, maybe Worksop Town as they play in orange which is nice hehe

Amateur

Just accepted a loan offer for Tamir Cohen from Maccbi Tel-Aviv.

325k Loan Fee
    100% Wages Paid
    1.2m Future Fee

Not bad considering he's had 6 games and cost me nothing.

Third Team

Obviously I ain't going anywhere, but being linked to a higher job for the first time is flattering.

Amateur

Is that the retro skin Edgar? If so where did you get it?

Scratch that...blonde moment!

Amateur

Over the Xmas hump and now it looks like i could still challenge for a play off place, sitting in 12th now but 5 games unbeaten 15 points from second place, that being said only 10 points from a relegation spot as well. But still 15 games to go so all to play for!

Amateur

I have the issue with this game that I want to play with backgrounds enabled, but all the default skins have white text so I cant see writing on the backgrounds, especially on the squad screen...anyway hohum bah humbug etc..

Part-Timer

My fixture congestion is horrible. Just about to play our fourth game in 8 days.

... and I won it 5-1 away. Bring on more fixtures I say!
    Last edited by Gypsum; 23-11-2010 at 21:18.

Part-Timer
    Ramos - Manager of the Psychotic Teddy Bears

I have NEVER EVER been linked to any other job in FM history nor offered one! Amazing.

My opening season with Banbury Utd is going unbelievabley well.

Nov 19th Just won 2-0 at Maidenhead in the FA Trophy 3rd Rnd Qual to maintain our unbeaten season. We top Conf Sth and have also won 2-0 at Torquay in the FA Cup 1st Round. Torquay sat 4th in League Two. In the second Round we've been drawn away to Crawley.

Part-Timer

Quick mid-season update from me.

After a bad start we have seemed to found form and currently 3rd and just 4 points off 1st in league 1. Was hit by injuries to key players early on so I think that was the main problem. I think if I can keep my key players fit we could mount a challenge for the title if we keep this form.

Missed quite a few of my transfer targets with them joining other league 1 teams and doing well for them which is a kick in the teeth but doing well with basicly the same squad of players as last season.

Main thing that is worrying me is our finances. 2.47mil in the red

Quickly on to better news.........

Norwood has been a FK god this season as well as the heartbeat of the team.

http://youtu.be/cbryRYBiXso

A early contender of GOTS maybe
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 23-11-2010 at 21:32.

Amateur

anyone else having problems with players not closing down the opposition, just backing of them constantly and letting them play in front of them, and also players not chasing balls, so i mean like a ball rolls in front of them say a clearance from a corner and they kinda just stand there and look at it until one of the opposition goes for it then they might possibly try and chase it then? is like they dont see it until someone else is chasing it.
    If any of the above makes sense, dont know how to explain it any better! might have to try and find a clip.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    Main thing that is worrying me is our finances. 2.47mil in the red
    Holy crap! Oh well, keep up your good form and nobody will care!

Amateur

Just beaten 20th place Staines to open up a 9 point gap on the relegation zone at the beginning of February. Hoping this result will give me enough breathing space.

Part-Timer

I just realised that my backup goalie is dubbed the next Peter Shilton! Not bad eh!?

Amateur

Couple of January transfers in.

Michael Carrick (Free) and Javier, a regen RB from Valencia, who I got for 110k.

Amateur

I've had a slow start to my L1 campaign, 2 wins 2 draws and 4 losses leaving me sitting 16th. All is well however as my expectation is set to "avoid relegation" so a season to build wouldn't be amiss to be honest.

I didn't stick by what I said about transfers either...I couldn't resist signing young prospects aswell as a few first team players.

I'm so weak

Amateur

Lovely, into the 5th round of the FA Cup after a 3-0 win over Preston

Amateur

9 games unbeaten, closed that gap to 5 points. no chance of wining the league, Gateshead storming it 19 points above me. But play off place is a real possibility

Amateur

I can't buy a win at the moment. I have some good players though so I reckon if I can see this season through, add a couple more next season and move a few on, I'll be definitely a contender. We all know the feeling of knowing you definitely aren't up to scratch in an area, in my case ML and a DR definitely needed.

Third Team

This is squeaky bum time.
    Last 3 games are:
    Dartford (a)
    Salisbury (a)
    St Albans (h)

eek!
    Last edited by edgar555; 23-11-2010 at 23:48. Reason: forgot link

Amateur

still unbeaten in the league but my FA trophy dreams have come to an end with a sound thumping from crawley, so many tired players couldt field the full squad and tbh am concentrating on that play off spot more! Up to 6th now!

Amateur

I'm slowly progressing through the seasons, I honestly don't understand where you lot get the time to play so much!

Anyway, i'm in February of the 2nd season, just witnessed this rather spectacular own goal!

Currently 9 points clear at the top of BSP. I'll do my usual end of season update.

Part-Timer

haha just played Welling 3 times in a week
    FA Cup - 1-1
    BSS - 3-0
    FAC Replay 1-0
    2nd place at the start of december! oh yehhhh

Amateur

Truro - Blue Square Bet South - 2011/2012 Season Review

Manager Profile

I decided to give this challenge a try. I reloaded maybe 30 times before I got a team that I was satisfied with.

Media Prediction: 22nd

It was evident that I had a lot of work to do to make this team competitive. I signed 22 new players and let go 9 (transfers). I started the season horribly by conceding 4 penalties in my first two games…it was going to be a long season. We got our stuff together and was in a playoff position a bit before the midway point but then went on a winless streak of 7 games and went down to 16th position and never recovered. By the end of the season, I still didn't have a set starting XI in place (squad) and we finished off strong but had to settle for 15th position. (final table)

Key Players

It's kind of hard to pinpoint the reason for your succes when you didn't really have success but there were a few standouts.

Dan Smith: not the most talented winger but he had a few game changing moments and seemed to play at his best when I really needed him to

Porya Ahmadi : our leading scorer with 13, hopefully he can build on that next season

Aims for next season

It's pretty simple really, I want promotion to BSP. It certainly won't be easy but I think I just need to limit my signings to a couple key areas and I'll be ok. My team seems to have finally blended so I'm optimistic.

Part-Timer

what ive noticed with the lower rep teams is most of them start with only about 2k for wages. Just need to stick in there until your chairman raises it then ask for another raise
    I started with 2k a week and after 2 season am not at 5.2 a week

Part-Timer

Has anyone seen any 3d kits go up for teams around this level?
    Would love Croydons strip to be correct

Amateur

sorry if this is not allowed, i dont know.. but if you are looking for a second challenge, or a new one.. please have a look

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...37#post6179137

Semi Pro

I've not been able to play much recently, but I'm loving the boardroom conversations.
    So far I've got:
    1. An increase in youth recuitment that'll be finished at the end of the season,
    2. An increase in the number of coaches and now I've got everything at a minimum of 3 stars (but mostly 4 or 4 and a half)
    3. An increase in the number of scouts (not that I'm able to find any more decent scouts that'll join Wealdstone)
    4. An increase in physios, 4 in total but I've only signed a 2nd one.
    5. The ability to send scouts to anywhere in Europe, but due to the lack of decent scouts at the club I've only got the single coach in France. I'll see if I can free up another scout and send him to Spain.

I'm still under my wage budget and I've made quite a few new signings. I would like to be able to offer more money to backroom staff as most of the decent ones are about £50 per week above the maximum the board will let me spend.

Not bad for a team new to the BSP.
    I've got 3 of the new regens out on loan to get them first team football and will try to send a 4th out as soon as he's back from injury.

Amateur

well due to a crash last night before i went to bed it seems i will have to play my game with Crawley in the FAT again. As i lost it originally 4-1 i am going to play my youth/back up players in a hope of recreating this loss but also giving my first Xii a much needed rest!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jsar View Post
    well due to a crash last night before i went to bed it seems i will have to play my game with Crawley in the FAT again. As i lost it originally 4-1 i am going to play my youth/back up players in a hope of recreating this loss but also giving my first Xii a much needed rest!
    despite this managed a 1-1 draw and now have to have a replay!

Amateur

for the replay have fielded just my under 18's squad! this should be a massacre.

Amateur

for the replay have fielded just my under 18's squad! this should be a massacre.
    Almost a right upset here, my youngsters scored first, Crawley scored late in the 2nd half and then took untill the final minuets of Extra time to finish me off!!

Amateur

Promising crop of youngsters then Jsar?

Amateur

nope they are all terrible!! are just the standard Regens not purchased any of them!! so not entirely sure what happened. every single one of them is in the "not good enough for chippenham" camp!

Amateur

wehay, what do you know - I've won 2 in a row moving me up to 13th... I feel dizzy it's so high!!

Part-Timer

nope they are all terrible!! are just the standard Regens not purchased any of them!! so not entirely sure what happened. every single one of them is in the "not good enough for chippenham" camp!
    I haven't had a single good player come through my youth system yet. I've expanded my recruitment network, but that just meant we got more bad players! But i've got a youth academy now, so maybe the next lot may include someone special.

Amateur

I haven't had a single good player come through my youth system yet. I've expanded my recruitment network, but that just meant we got more bad players! But i've got a youth academy now, so maybe the next lot may include someone special.
    me neither but to be fair im still in the BSP and in my second season so shouldn't be expecting any stars!
    on another note am now with in touching distance of the Playoffs and 5 games to go.

2nd - 76
    3rd - 75
    4th - 75
    5th - 73
    6th (me) - 71

Part-Timer

Well, i'm in 2017 and I would have hoped for at least one youngster rated at more than 1 star. I actually found a decent 15 year-old with no previous club who is the closest thing I have to a youth product.

Good luck in the playoff race Jsar!

Amateur

I remember in previous years challanges that at some point in the first 2/3 years their was a sudden influx of Caribbean youth players of surprising ability. This still happen?

Amateur

Damn this is close, im still unbeaten but cant close that 2 point gap. the two closest to me have easy run in with bottom of the table clubs. I am facing 2 mid tables and the already promoted 1st place Gateshead

Part-Timer

I remember in previous years challanges that at some point in the first 2/3 years their was a sudden influx of Caribbean youth players of surprising ability. This still happen?
    Not that i've noticed. But it seems they've made a few changes with newgen distribution for FM11, so they probably stopped that.

Amateur

Not that i've noticed. But it seems they've made a few changes with newgen distribution for FM11, so they probably stopped that.
    Shame i remember getting some awesome youths back in my FM09 Chippenham save that way

Part-Timer

Croydon Athletic - Blue Square Bet South - 2013/14
    Finally had a good start to the season and made some ground on the teams. Getting a solid squad which I like and the wins followed. Stuggled with fixture congestion around Xmas but a strong finish made it to #1 with a few weeks to go.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

FA Cup - Great run but were shown the door at Brisbane Road by LO from the L1

FA Trophy
    - Won it last year and wanted to go out early this year. did just that

Squad - need to fill gaps now

Transfers - Mooney, Gilpin and dead weight gone.

Key Player Profiles

David Mooney - Probably my most frustrating player. Out for half the season last year, Starts this season and Out for 6 weeks, good form, out for 6 weeks. Asked to go so listed and sent to Swindon for 9k

James Gilpin - Started to have some bad shockers so I replaced him and sent him out the door.

James Gibb - Bit long in the tooth but still scores. Young crop coming through will see him off soon

Reece Fleet - Fantastic Middy who scores and directs well

Career Overview

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 14th nil
    2012/13 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 13th FA Trophy Win
    2013/14 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 1st Promotion to BSP

Next Season

See how we do in the BSP, get some more cash flowing and maybe sign a star striker. *fingers crossed*

Amateur

Got tomorrow off work, so its definitely going to be a FM day ;D Watch this space!

Semi Pro

Well, i'm in 2017 and I would have hoped for at least one youngster rated at more than 1 star. I actually found a decent 15 year-old with no previous club who is the closest thing I have to a youth product.

Good luck in the playoff race Jsar!
    I've got a DC in my U18s who's rated at 3 star for potential. I've not signed anyone for the U18 and the regens I have signed I've kept in the first team squad just in case they get upset at being put into the reserves or U18s.
    I'll actually give him a shot with a pro-contract when he turns 17 and see what happens.

Part-Timer

Shame i remember getting some awesome youths back in my FM09 Chippenham save that way
    Yeah I think it stopped on FM10 as I never seen any. On FM09 with Afan Lido in the Welsh league I had a few of the Islanders. Best was a GK from the British Virgin Islands Who became one of the best in the World.
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 24-11-2010 at 14:18.

Amateur

despite a 4-0 drumming to Gateshead in the last game of the season we did enough to scrape in at 5th place. Play offs here we come. Time to get some more redbull and concentrate!

Part-Timer

The debt has been restructured with a 2.4mil loan. 22kper/month till 2025. Just 300k in the red now. The added payments are going to make things worst. May have to sell one or more of my better players.

Part-Timer

despite a 4-0 drumming to Gateshead in the last game of the season we did enough to scrape in at 5th place. Play offs here we come. Time to get some more redbull and concentrate!
    GL in the play-offs

Amateur

just noticed i only made the play offs on GD lol. Lost 1-0 in the first leg of the play offs not a good start!

Amateur

and we are through to the final thanks to Grimbsy scoring to own goals!!

Part-timer

Finally got Hendon after 2 days of reloading, I did want Bashley but considering there is zero chance of that happening I had to settle for my old club Hendon as I loved being them in this challenge on FM09, will get some screenshots sorted out later and post a pre-season update

Part-Timer

How about this goal by Lee McEwan!!! He's been a star this season. When I signed him he was a striker, but after retraining him as a winger he's been brilliant. Even through our recent form slump he's been superb.

Third Team

This season seems to be heading in the wrong direction aswell. I'm not sure why I'm having so much difficulty this year, usually manage to achieve promotion in the second or third season, but I'm still a relegation contender in my second season.

FA Cup third qualifying round replay to play now, with an easy (famous last words) game if I get through.

edit: Which we won...somehow!

They equalised with 5 mins to go to send us into extra time, with one of my defenders going off injured I would be down to 10 Men. I then scored, yay...but then the goalscorer decided to get himself sent off for fouling the opposition keeper. :I

epic match
    Last edited by Anti Spiral; 24-11-2010 at 15:40.

Amateur

well couldnt put it off any longer, had a bath, did the washing up and the hovering but finally had to bite the bullet and press continue and play the Play off final.

2-2.
    We won on Penalties 2-4!!!

Third Team

Amateur

NO! NO NO NO!

First time on FM11... my save corrupted. It was going so well too

Fortunately, my backup save went back to the middle of January, just before the Norwich game, but I've lost about 2 months.

At least I had the backup.

Part-Timer

NO! NO NO NO!

Fortunately, my backup save went back to the middle of January, just before the Norwich game, but I've lost about 2 months.

damm. Think I better make a back-up now.

Amateur

Managed to beat Preston again in the FA Cup 4th Round. 1-0 this time, Andy Carroll scoring. Got Newcastle AGAIN in the 5th Round.

Subs Bench

NO! NO NO NO!

This is why I have a weekly autosave - happened to me too many times last year not to do it this year

Third Team

I'm starting to like my new left back.

Goal 1 - Youtube says it was Simmonds goal, but it was quite clearly Neil Jenkins goal.
    Goal 2

Part-timer

In true Hendon style my first signing is a Bulgarian, Georgi Yordanov I believe was even one of the Bulgarians I had back in FM09 whilst playing as Hendon so when I see his name on the free transfer list I quickly offered him a trial in order to be able to offer a contract and thankfully he was happy to join the club, now to sign the rest of the squad as I love a total restructure in the first season if I can

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by darren1983 View Post
    This is why I have a weekly autosave - happened to me too many times last year not to do it this year
    Consider me changing to that right now.

Subs Bench

My first season in BSP has taken a massive down turn, after 18 games I was just 3 points offthe play offs in 8th place now i'm 17th and on a 10 game winless run and dont know how to stop it!

Amateur

CHIPPENHAM TOWN FC
    SEASON 2 - 2012/13
    PREDICTION - RELEGATION
    FINAL RESULT - 5TH PROMOTION VIA PLAYOFFS

THE SEASON

The season started badly with me losing 7 friendlies in a row in pre-season all by large margins, including both a 5-0 and 6-0. This obviously didnt build confidence for the start of the season propper so a run of 8 losses and 1 win for the first 9 games was unsurprising.
    But then we AFC Wimbledon came to town and a freak 7-0 win changed our fourtunes for the better. A run of 17 games unbeaten in all compitiions was to follow carried us from relagation battlers to the heady hights of a safe mid table 12th position. We had another woble in December due to lack of fitness and injuries seeing us only win one game out of 5 over the Xmas month. The new year though saw us go on another terrific run losing only 2 games between 1st January and the end of the season.

Playoffs

These where a tight affair with me only scrapping through to the final via 2 own goals from Grimbsy in the second leg of the tie. The Final was a tense affair. The first half both teams canceled each other out with no goals scored. We went a bit more attacking in the second half and where punished 7mins in, but managed to get one back 10 mins later and what we thought was the winner 15mins after that. But Sub Kenny Lunt pulled an equaliser out of the bag in the 91st minute. Extra time followed which was a drab affair due to the tired legs of both teams. The dreaded penelty shoot out followed and the preasure was all to much for Grimbsy who only slotted to of theirs home allowing Graham Burke to put Chippenham into League 2

League Table | Positions Chart

Avrg Ratings

Top Scorer

My goals this season where spread pretty thinly among all of my strikers and their was no clear favorite with all of them starting roughly 20 Games and having similar chances off the Bench. But young striker
    Chrisiano Kisuka
    Was definatly the cream of the crop scoring 19 times in total including 5 in the famous 7-0 victory over AFC Wimbledon

Bizzarly my second highest scorer was Cpt Chippenham

Top 5 Players

1.John Scarborough
    Cpt of the team and "Mr Chippenham" simply put if he performs the team performs, was a star player last year and continued this year. Not only a rock at the back but contributed 10 Goals to the good this season and was the 2nd top scorer! He is the Heart of the team, not sure he is going to cut it in L2 but have offered him a new contract anyway as i just cant let him go.

2. Scott Neilson
    Joined the team mid season as a replacement for Sam Mir, struggled in his first few games and
    didn'treally break into the team proper until after the Xmas break.

3. Graham Burke
    Often used as an impact Sub Graham notched up 9 goals from the left wing and was lucky enough to score the penalty that put Chippenham into league 2.

4. Chrisiano Kisuka
    All that needs to be said about this lad has been said already above.

5. Arnaud Mendy
    If John is the heart of the team then Arnaud is definatly the brain, involved in breaking up every threatening move or starting every attack this guy didnt put a foot wrong for 99% of the season, a red card in the last game before the play offs meant he missed out on the semi finals and an unlucky injury saw him missa trip to Wemberly

Code:
    Season          League          End Position                   Achievements
    2011-12          BSN 3rd       Promotion via playoffs
    2012-13          BSP 5th       Promotion via Playoffs
    Last edited by jsar; 24-11-2010 at 17:32. Reason: Seemed to accidently deleted #1

Amateur

in the season review John Scarborough had highest Avrg rating in the BSP! nice

Third Team

I really hate Ebbsfleet.

They've now knocked me out of both the FA Cup and the FA trophy in consecutive years, plus I've lost to them all 3 times I've played them in the league.

Amateur

Anyone up for creating a list of everyones current standings? I'd do it myself if I had more time/wasn't so lazy...

Amateur

Welcome to this years challenge then Spurs, and congratualtions to Jsar on the promotion.

Amateur

Just beat Newcastle 1-0 in the FA Cup 5th Round. 3 in 2 for Uriarte.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by westothebpow View Post
    Anyone up for creating a list of everyones current standings? I'd do it myself if I had more time/wasn't so lazy...
    I used to do this years ago but it started taking me hours to update. Bit of a shame we lost the website really. Even the domain has expired now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast