+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,300 of 4347

Thread: dafuge's FM11 challenge

Amateur

An FM game without the Dafuge thread would be like Fish without Chips.......whilst they will both surive without each other it would just never quite seem right ever again!

It has to be done I'm afraid mate! Easily the best challenge setup on the game for people to enjoy.

Amateur

cant wait till FM12 to start this again, i agree with the others an FM game without a Dafuge Challange would be terrible!!

Part-Timer
    Ramos - Manager of the Psychotic Teddy Bears

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Dealing with the finances in the lower league is hard work though, I usually end up in huge debt
    Me too. In fact even when winning the Premiership the 1st time around I'm usually in debt. The chairmen however, have no problem pumping money in to clear debts as long as you're successful. If you're not being successful then expect a 10 point deduction and administration.

Part-Timer

I cant wait to get another team going once 2012 is released
    plz bring the challange back for another year! It is the most enjoyable one for sure

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deadfncat View Post
    I cant wait to get another team going once 2012 is released
    plz bring the challange back for another year! It is the most enjoyable one for sure
    totally agree! have done this every year for well i dont rememeber how long now and is by far the most enjoyable way to play FM

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Gotta say it wouldn't be CSE without the challenge, it's the major save I always look forward to doing and I want to see if I have the same success as I did on FM11.

Part-Timer

I keep opening this thread every second day atm. So pumped for release Cant wait to see who I can play as

World Cup Winner

It looks like contracts for semi-professional clubs have been tweaked for this version, so the first few seasons might be a bit more of a challenge this year

Part-Timer

It looks like contracts for semi-professional clubs have been tweaked for this version, so the first few seasons might be a bit more of a challenge this year
    tweaked how?

World Cup Winner

If you are semi-professional then you can only offer semi-professional contracts. I've heard people mentioning pay as you play type deals as well.

Part-Timer

oh wow that doenst sound very good

World Cup Winner

I think it sounds great, anything that makes the early days harder is good in my opinion. For years I've found the lower leagues the easiest and struggled further up, maybe this will be the opposite?

Part-Timer

Yeh thats true I guess. I find the same, which is disappointing. Anything for a bit of difficulty ;)

At least get a forum post up for us on rls date please ;)

World Cup Winner

At least get a forum post up for us on rls date please ;)
    There will be a thread up on release day, but I'm at work that day so it won't be until the evening.

Amateur

can't wait for FM12 because I'll be able to use Chester FC one of my favourite clubs in the challenge

Part-Timer

There will be a thread up on release day, but I'm at work that day so it won't be until the evening.
    haha cheers bro. Yeh im the same. Probably running home to try and get it downloaded asap

Part-Timer

oh wow im so gutted right now. For some reason I thought release date was 12th, not 21st

Amateur

cant wait to take Chippenham to the Premiership again!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jsar View Post
    cant wait to take Chippenham to the Premiership again!
    I realised that due to their promotion last season, its possible to take Met Police to the top in this challenge now.
    Go the Coppers!

Amateur

Default Question re the challenge?

I have never done this challenge but will probably give it a go on FM12. Just a quick question though. I like to have a Man Utd save so am I allowed to start a save and with them and place my second manager on holiday, then after the first season, carry on as normal playing as man utd and my then new team?

Amateur

To be honest, I haven't really given it much thought. Much like this year, I'll be playing FM but not as part of this challenge as I feel I've pretty much done it to death and achieved all I can.

I was debating whether or not to start an FM12 thread, so I'd be happy to hear people's thoughts.
    Do it, please. I`m not sure whether you know it or not, but the 'dafuge challenge' has become a sort of classic event by now It would feel weird if you wouldn`t post the thread, regardless of whether you participate yourself or not. Just don`t keep us from participating

... and yes, I know I always promise to participate and drop off the grid once I signed up. I`ll try to do better next time.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by brettles1108 View Post
    I have never done this challenge but will probably give it a go on FM12. Just a quick question though. I like to have a Man Utd save so am I allowed to start a save and with them and place my second manager on holiday, then after the first season, carry on as normal playing as man utd and my then new team?
    While I can understand wanting to do that, the idea of the challenge is to make it to the top with everybody being on exactly the same footing. Running a second manager in the same save will alter the balance of the game, while also the temptation will be there to "cheat" when things aren't quite going your way. That's also why the challenge states you're not allowed to run other nations alongside the English leagues.

Amateur

Know its late but im starting this one before game comes out next weak keep me going till then will post later tonight on how i do

Amateur

Skip forward to 2016/17 and we finally have promotion from the BSS!

A massive 95 points!

Key Players: Nick Ajose & Derrick Williams.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by brettles1108 View Post
    This would slow your game down a lot, but as long as you dont do anything stupid like send all your United reserves on loan to your BSN/S team or worse still, buy them for peanuts, then I dont think you're breaking the rules .....

Amateur

I have never posted on this thread, but I partake in the challenge every year and I truly love the concept, I've done it in every game since 2007 and this is the first time I've really had a game really go long enough, I'm approaching 2050 now and completed the challenge some seasons ago.

I was both relegated from the Premier League and on the losing side of a Champions League final (on penalties to Man United), but in the end managed to succeed in all competitions.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8...historycom.png - I realise I didn't post initially so in some sense I'm not really "part" of the challenge, but my achievements nonetheless are far beyond what I have ever achieved on FM before, a season in which I won every game (bar 1 FA Cup game (again Man Utd my undoing) which I won in the replay) perhaps the crowning achievement.

I now have 5 Champions League titles (1 Runner up), 9 League titles (3 runner up), 11 League Cups (2 RU), 10 FA Cup (never lost final), 1 Europa League (1 RU), 6 Super Cups, 5 CWC and 10 Charity Shields. http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8...historycom.png

I'm more than happy to provide any more data if people want to see some of my other achievements, but I've never once cheated, I in fact abide mostly by LLM rules (no player tips, only use scouts etc.) and I thought I'd share my experiences of FM11 so far as it's been my favorite game of the series, and a welcome distraction from University work, always open in a window whilst reading and churning out essays.

EDIT: I have also never had a player earning over 49,500 per week play for me (barring a 36 year old who I signed on the basis he was the best player ever on the game and thought it would be awesome to have him for 18 months), as I strictly stick to a 50k wage cap. I've also made my side healthy profits on transfers and have had a stadium of 33500 that I'm only just about to get out of. I rarely have an over 30 in my side, and a majority of my talent is scouted from France in terms of youth. The only real disappointment is my lack of bringing through anyone from my personal youth team, in nearly 40 seasons only a couple have made more than a handful of league appearances.
    Last edited by Nuxalk; 15-10-2011 at 23:30.

Amateur

I'm currently ploughing through my save trying to reach 2045 so i can get a stadium named after me, athough I think that is the end of a 3 year planning stage. God knows how long it will actually take to build.

Anyway, I achieved the challenge long ago, and Hednesford have now won something like 10 league titles, 5 Champions leagues and God knows what else, but since confession is good for the soul, I made a few little transgressions. I think the chief one is that I forgot to untick 'add key staff' when i started, and when i realised I was about 2 sreasons into the save and didn't want to start again. I also made quite a lot of money from pre-season friendlies, which I think someone recently referred to as a cheat. Also i reload the game lods of times at the end of each season to try to get ason, which I never managed, but it did mean that most seasons a star youth player was loaded into my youth team, or a team i liked for one reason or another appeared in one of the blue square bottom leagues. For me, having youth players come thrugh the ranks is part of the fun of the game.

I guess this may mean that I cheated in some people's eyes, but it's a game. If you succeed in this challenge you are exploiting the programming in some way, be it through a tactical formation which wouldn't work in the real world or selecting staff based on data attributes, (God, I wish i could do that in real life).

I have to point out that there's hundreds of things that I would never do; for instance circumvent the scouting limitations, reload games or any of the big fat dirty cheats that I can't think of off the top of my head. I actually stick to a basic tactic that is completely lifelike, and don't tinker with set pieces to exploit gaps in the coding. In my own internal set of rules, it is these things that are against the spirit of the challenge.

Some people's records in the game are unbelievable, but we all have to play the game according to what makes us happy. If I do a challenge next year I will pay a lot more attention to the lower league rules, but even if I can now consider myself to be excommunicated, all that matters to me is that I had a lot of fun playing the game and contributing to this thread, until I completed the challenge and everybody that I kept up with either completed the challenge or (I presume) gave up.

So, to sum up, may i echo reveryone else in thanking Dafuge for this challenge and thread.

Amateur

Aye, got a stadium named after me, moving into it in the close season, 66500 seater - Not had a son yet though, doesn't fuss me too much.

Set a target of getting my main striker to play 1000 career games, he's injury prone and picks up a lot of bookings/reds - But the sole reason I've done any good in terms of sustained success.

If I have one complaint about this challenge though is that I feel I've really alienated myself from other parts of the game, I never take job offers abroad, I never manage national teams and I never start at the top level and deal with the buzz of initial expectation. Still, it is of course brilliant, and has become for me the football manager experience I have found the most rewarding, and video games rarely give me that sense of achievement, usually I play them like a hedonist.

Amateur

I have managed a couple of international sides since completing the challenge. Once you've won the championship and Champions League I guess you can do what you want.

In fact a couple of seasons ago I offered my management services (10 Premierships, 8 FA Cups, 6 Champions Leagues, 1 European Championship, Confederation Cup and World Cup - since you asked, oh sorry I must have misheard) to my favourite team Bradford City.

They gave the job to someone else. Just because I'm now 75 years old and weed myself during the interview. Age discrimination, that's what it is.
    Last edited by vikeologist; 16-10-2011 at 03:12.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by vikeologist View Post
    They gave the job to someone else. Just because I'm now 75 years old and weed myself during the interview. Age discrimination, that's what it is.
    classic :P

Ive just started a save to play around with until fm12 rls

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/888...ofileattri.png

yes, i just watched iron man :P

Part-Timer

oh wow. Started with Weymouth and im terrible! taking a few months off FM and ive lost my groove
    lost my first 5 games of the season then signed 2 great wingers. wona game 3-0 and started thinking i might be able to turn the season around
    then we lost 6-3 :\

Part-Timer

I did the challenge with Weymouth this season. really enjoyed it, never managed to win the champions league in my 20 seasons. Was runner up last season but I havent been able to continue as ill never finish it before FM12 release. Next season I will participate in the thread and post my updates. cannot wait!

Part-Timer

this time friday night ill be playing ! woowoo!

Amateur

To be honest, I haven't really given it much thought. Much like this year, I'll be playing FM but not as part of this challenge as I feel I've pretty much done it to death and achieved all I can.

I was debating whether or not to start an FM12 thread, so I'd be happy to hear people's thoughts.
    Please do.

First Team Squad Member

Def start the thread Daf - this is one of the best challenges out there!

World Cup Winner

It'll be up at some point on Friday evening.

Semi Pro

Great news, Daf. Peer pressure WORKS :-)

Part-Timer

It'd be silly for a challenge with over 4,000 posts not top be reposted, somebody else would have posted it anyway.

Part-Timer

Brilliant news. Cant wait to get going

Part-Timer

woohoo! cant wait

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

great news. Will probably run the FM12 challenge alongside the big euro Challenge.

Amateur

I think they were looking for someone with 7 Champions Leagues ;)

Amateur

Is the .ddt file required to start the challenge? Just wondering if I should start my dafuge game right at game launch or wait until dafuge posts the new thread.

Amateur

well gonna start holiday manager now and hope that the rules are pretty much the same as last year going for chippenham as that is who i always play so not worried about who else comes up in my saves so guess i dont need the full list of promotion candidates
    Last edited by jsar; 21-10-2011 at 00:33.

Amateur

AFAIK the DDT file only retained players for the tier 7 clubs. You can do this manually this year through the Database Size>Custom>specify conditions>players in division then select the 3 tier 7 divisions English Isthmian League Premier Division, English Southern League Premier Division and English Northern Premier League Premier Division). This is on the new game overview screen at set up.

Part-Timer

setting up my game right now. Thanks for the tip drmanly

Amateur

quick question @ dafuge. Does that mean I can finally manage FC United on FM12?
    Last edited by lawstraljan11; 21-10-2011 at 11:43.

Amateur

what I mean is, is dafuge making some kind of new league for the lower teams? As low as FC United are, coz I really want to play as them for a good challenge!
    Last edited by lawstraljan11; 21-10-2011 at 11:57.

Part-Timer

FC united are in the Northern Premier League Premier Division so can be played if they get promoted

Amateur

FC united are in the Northern Premier League Premier Division so can be played if they get promoted
    Yeah I read that. But is dafuge making custom league for the Northern Premier League Premier Divison? Coz that's what I thought this thread was about...

Part-Timer

no. its not about custom leagues.
    What you do is holiday for a year and see who gets promoted to the BSS/BSN. Then use one of those teams and take them to glory

Amateur

oooooh good thing I didn't wait for anything to be released. so then there is no need for me to download anything in order for me to do this? it's just about luck eh?

Amateur

Sorry my post may have been ambiguous. What I was saying was that you can now make sure that when the clubs do get promoted to the BSN or BSs they'll have the right players. You used to have to use a special file. Apologies for any confusion caused.

First Team Squad Member

Looking forward to the new thread.

I'm going to be in here for the first time in my FM career as my favourite team, St. Albans City, were relegated to step 3 last season. So, it's time for me to take on the famous Dafuge's challenge!

Amateur

Sorry for the double post but the update day is now the 24th not the 25th!! So save your game on the 23rd of June for reloads!

Part-Timer

awesome crouchy. welcome
    just waiting on dafuge to wakeup/get home from work

thanks for the update drmanly. could have been bad there :P

Part-Timer

hmmm im starting to think it may take me awhile before i see met police get promoted

if anyone sees them, please upload the save. ill do the same for any hard to get requests

Semi Pro

It'll be up at some point on Friday evening.
    I'm glad it is. All though not a regular on your challenge this year (I actually got bored with FM11), I have always enjoyed your challenge. It is the very first one I play. So a new Fm version without Dafuge's Challenge would be like to play football without boots.

Part-Timer

Good news on the 2012 challenge coming up again. Will start it on Sunday when I'm back home.

Part-Timer

I will be back for another year Who to be thats the question? Been Carshalton, FC United and Colwyn Bay the last 3 times.

Part-Timer

WB Welsh

Amateur

I've been reloading a few times and kept a few saves. No-one jumping out at me yet. Need to see the rankings. Harrow has only come up once - don't know how they fare in terms of rank

Part-Timer

haha same Lanthal.
    FC United seem to be the team that get promoted the most at the moment for me. The "rare" ones i have saved are canvey island, carshalton, hitchin, marine, redditch and worksop. maybe there are others that i just didnt notice.
    I have seen Met Police yet which is making me really sad, mainly because its nearly midnight and i should be in bed

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    I will be back for another year Who to be thats the question? Been Carshalton, FC United and Colwyn Bay the last 3 times.
    I'm hoping to be either AFC Totton or Wingate & Finchley, although as these have just been promoted to Level 7 IRL I expect that is a little optimistic.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Crispypaul View Post
    I'm hoping to be either AFC Totton or Wingate & Finchley, although as these have just been promoted to Level 7 IRL I expect that is a little optimistic.
    I havent seen either yet mate. Will shoot up a save if i do though. Hopefully if a kind soul sees Met Police one of theirs, they could put it up. Cheers

Part-Timer

Reps from the FM12 db:

Code:
    English Isthmian League Premier Divison

Team                    Rep
    ----------------------------
    Lewes                   1400
    Lowestoft               1350
    Carshalton              1350
    Hendon                  1300
    Kingstonian             1250
    Bury Town               1200
    Billericay              1200
    Tooting & Motham        1150
    Wealdstone              1150
    Harrow                  1150
    AFC Hornchurch          1100
    Margate                 1100
    Canvey Island           1100
    Wingate & Finchley      1000
    Hastings Utd            1000
    East Thurrock           950
    Cray                    900
    Horsham                 850
    Concord Rangers         800
    Met Police              800
    Leatherhead             750
    Aveley                  700

English Southern League Premier Division

St. Albans              1350
    Cambridge C             1150
    Weymouth                1100
    Redditch                1100
    Bedford                 1050
    Hitchin                 1050
    Oxford City             1000
    Chippenham              950
    Banbury                 900
    Chesham                 900
    Swindon S               750
    Leamington              700
    Cirencester             700
    Brackley                700
    Barwell                 650
    Hemel Hempstead         650
    Bashley                 650
    Evesham                 600
    Stourbridge             600
    Arlesey                 550
    Totton                  450
    Frome                   400

English Northern Premier League Premier Division

Chester                 1500
    FC United               1450
    Northwich               1400
    Stafford                1250
    Bradford PA             1150
    Hednesford              1150
    Worksop                 1100
    Marine                  1100
    North Ferriby           1050
    Matlock                 1000
    Chorley                 1000
    Nantwich                950
    Chasetown               950
    Kendal                  950
    Ashton Utd              900
    Buxton                  850
    Frickley                850
    Burscough               800
    Whitby                  800
    Stocksbridge            750
    Mickleover              650
    Rushall                 650
    Met Police will probably be nigh-on impossible to get.

Part-Timer

oo thanks for that. kinda gives me hope though.
    I ended up getting Croydon Athletic last season and they were only 700. who knows, maybe ill get lucky?
    wouldnt want to be a Frome supporter though :P

also howd u get the reps?

Part-Timer

Via the editor. If someone wants to have a look themselves, just load the db, make a Competitions search for "English", pick the league you want to check, then go to "Teams" and sort by the "Reputation" header.

Part-Timer

Chasetown, Cray, Totton and Whitby really interest me up to now but likely be impossible. Will reload quite a few times so will upload any rare ones I see.

Love the Tooton Badge

Part-Timer

Im almost at the reload point. Hope to see Banbury United appear. at 900 Rep could be a while.

First Team Squad Member

St. Albans City rated way too high. That'll change come the Xmas update!

World Cup Winner

I've only just got back from work, so it may be a little later than I'd hoped.

Will still be this evening though, although it might mean I'll start the thread without really testing it properly first.

Semi Pro

Any thoughts on the setup this year? Does the ability to add leagues on the fly change anything?

Someone mentioned something about the ddt file not being necessary this year ?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    Any thoughts on the setup this year? Does the ability to add leagues on the fly change anything?

Someone mentioned something about the ddt file not being necessary this year ?
    We've never added any leagues, so unfortunately that feature won't make any difference. Unless we go for free choice on loading leagues?

I haven't looked into the custom player retaining yet, but that may well mean the ddt is no longer needed.

Semi Pro

We've never added any leagues, so unfortunately that feature won't make any difference. Unless we go for free choice on loading leagues?
    I know. It just means that ppl have an easier way to add players/leagues. At least I think it should be mentioned in the rules that adding leagues on the fly is not legal.

I still think the challenge should be as authentic as possible, meaning the league setup should be the same as usual.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    I know. It just means that ppl have an easier way to add players/leagues. At least I think it should be mentioned in the rules that adding leagues on the fly is not legal.

I still think the challenge should be as authentic as possible, meaning the league setup should be the same as usual.
    The only difference i usually run is having australia on view only so I can see how my Brisbane Roar are doing :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast