+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 2,901 to 3,000 of 4347

Thread: dafuge's FM11 challenge

Amateur

After a thrilling encounter against Colchester, we are in the JPT Final. Won 4-3, in an action packed game with 3 penalties (all to me, of which we only netted one) and a come back from 3-1 down at half time!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by naylinski View Post
    Hang in there, sometimes you just can't get the luck to run your way mate! Post it up, and I'm sure some of these guys (and gals?) might be able to give you some pointers if you'd like.

Try to take apart the season in the details - what actually went wrong? Tactically outclassed? Trying something too fancy? Too simple? Wrong kind of players? Leaking goals? Not scoring enough? Lots and lots of questions you need to ask to try and pin-point exactly how to turn it around. In the end, it will make you a better manager as your understanding of the game's dynamics increases.

Ok maybe I'll do a write up tomorrow then. It was all going so well, maybe it was the success in the FA Trophy, but it all ended wrong and I'm not sure why. I( think the most frustrating is, I never have as much trouble as I'm having, I do this every year and I've never spent more than 2 seasons in the bottom division...now I'm on my 4th and still without a top half finish,

We definitely scored enough, my defence are good I just had a massive injury crisis with left/right backs.

I'll do the pre-season for next season now and do a write up tomorrow.

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Another 4-2 win, this time over Blackburn, puts us 10th after 10 games. We concede a lot, but we score enough to keep it competitive. Not had a boring game yet!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    Ok maybe I'll do a write up tomorrow then. It was all going so well, maybe it was the success in the FA Trophy, but it all ended wrong and I'm not sure why. I( think the most frustrating is, I never have as much trouble as I'm having, I do this every year and I've never spent more than 2 seasons in the bottom division...now I'm on my 4th and still without a top half finish,

We definitely scored enough, my defence are good I just had a massive injury crisis with left/right backs.

I'll do the pre-season for next season now and do a write up tomorrow.
    Squad size is a big factor in particular for me this year. I have a first team squad (don't bother with reserves or youth other than fitness reasons) of 40 players currently. It probably started off about 25 start of season, and slowly built on it without losing too many as the season has progressed. And I haven't even finished my first season yet! However I have cover in EVERY position by a minimum of 4/5 (key positions such as CB/CM/ST by about 8!) and keep a good rotation going. HOWEVER saying that, I do not rotate EVERY player at the same time, as I have found before that it seriosusly unbalances the team and creates a difficulty in trying to keep momentum. So, for example. I will play the same starting line-up for 2/3 games at a time. Then I notice that a few players will be getting tired (usually LB/RB and DMC) and so I swap them. Then after another game, I will switch my CB/CM (and ST IF and only IF necessary). They then play a couple more games. Time now to change my LB/RB and DMC back to the original set of players. And so on.. Seems to work really well, and you can work with a pretty good 16ish players constantly rotating. When you get injuries, you have that bigger squad to fall back on.

Also, you may perhaps be right about the cup. I got to the Second Round of the FA Cup, and although I was pleased with it, it had, in hindsight, limited my ability in the league. Since I fell out of the cup (and early exit in FA Trophy helped!) I have climbed the league pretty quickly - probably because more of those "starting players" can last a bit longer and with more fresheness in the league games.

Just my two cents!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    Another 4-2 win, this time over Blackburn, puts us 10th after 10 games. We concede a lot, but we score enough to keep it competitive. Not had a boring game yet!
    You seem to share the same theory as me - keep it entertaining and the fans will love you whatever happens! Plus, score a lot and those you conceed won't matter! Following your team closely to see if this will still work at the highest level!

Amateur

Chairmen and boards do seem to have no patience in this years game, every other news item is about how X manager needs a win, or Y manager has been sacked!

Part-Timer

40 players? wowsers!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by naylinski View Post
    You seem to share the same theory as me - keep it entertaining and the fans will love you whatever happens! Plus, score a lot and those you conceed won't matter! Following your team closely to see if this will still work at the highest level!
    Exactly! Although my next run of games is Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool... I feel I may struggle here!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deadfncat View Post
    40 players? wowsers!
    Yes, but none in reserves or youth remember! And, I'm still only £533 p/w over my wage budget, which I'm constantly looking to try and get down. If I could just get rid of one player in particular that I gave too high a wage for and that hasn't even played ONCE, I would be under budget!

Part-Timer

After sitting on the bottom coming into January, I had a complete overhaul of my tactics and who I was going to play. Changed to a 4-2-2-2 and now im on an unbeatean streak of 12 games!

Part-Timer

Haha and just had what was probably my proudest moment of my team all season
    WE ALWAYS LOSE TO BRIGHTON!!!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I've updated my current stats on wriches' FM Tracker. We're sitting top of the league after 9 games, having won the last four. This playing good football idea is paying off so far

Part-Timer

Lost 3-1 to Man City. Then had an amazing game against Chelsea where we were arguably the better side, but they managed to pull it back to 1-1 in the last minute. A game which also included the best defensive clearance EVER, when Lee Brooks cleared the ball off the line with a diving header as two Chelsea players were trying to kick it. Legend! That was a valuable game tactically, as i've struggled to get my central midfielders firing on all cylinders, but now I think i've figured it out.

The problem is that now my squad is knackered, and we've got Spurs in 3 days!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    I've updated my current stats on wriches' FM Tracker. We're sitting top of the league after 9 games, having won the last four. This playing good football idea is paying off so far
    How do i join in on the tracker?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jsar View Post
    How do i join in on the tracker?
    If you PM wriches he should be able to send you a login and password details

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Having quite the nice run. 7 match unbeaten streak in the league. Good wins over West Brom, Burnley and Bristol City. Trabzonspor next in the final Europa League group game. A draw will send me through

Part-Timer

ARGHH WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY TEAM. Beat Brighton 5-0 very next game I have Luton at home and its 6-0! they get 2 red cards. Where has this form been hiding?? Danny Duncan my Captain and DEFENDER scored 3 goals!

Amateur

The stuff Dreams are made off!!

Amateur

If only i could take my Cup form into the League!

Part-Timer

Lost 2-3 to Blackpool then beat #1 team QPR 4-1
    back in form!

I'm hoping it will last until the playoffs, maybe steal a spot

Amateur

I've switched to quite a risky 4-3-3 formation.

GK - Defend
    DR - Attacking Wing Back
    DL - Attacking Wing Back
    DC - Ball Playing Stopper
    DC - Ball Playing Stopper
    DMCR - Anchor Man
    MCL - Deep Lying Playermaker
    AMC - Advanced Playmaker (Roaming)
    STL - Complete Forward
    STC - Target Man (Roaming)
    STR - Complete Forward

Got me a 1-0 win over Birmingham, where I destroyed them in the stats. 1-1 draw against Liverpool, with them equalising by a Boateng mistake. Currently 2-0 up against Arsenal too!

WE BEAT THEM! 2-0
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 30-11-2010 at 01:49.

Amateur

I hate this game. That is all.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by wriches View Post
    I hate this game. That is all.
    Whats up man?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    Whats up man?
    Ha, when I said that we were 3-0 down at home to a poor Yeovil side... but we came back to draw 4-4. So now I just sort of mildly dislike the game again

Naturally our fans are devastated that we conceded a late 4th goal... bloody idiots.

More highs and lows than Mick McCarthy on Nemesis!

Amateur

Hednesford 2014-15 Pre-Season Musings

Media prediction - 24th
    So, they’re not hedging their bets; rock bottom.

Personally I’m kind of hoping for a fairly dull season. Last year was quite stressful. Chesterfield were tough to shake off, and just as I thought we’d done so, 8 points ahead with 7 games to go, we had our lead cut to 3, courtesy in part to losing to Chesterfield at home in the key fixture. When we managed to finally limp across the line to the title with a game to spare, the feeling was more one of relief than ecstasy. The FA Trophy Final (against Weymouth from the BS South) wasn’t easy on the nerves either due to having a player sent off when we were a goal up. I’m still a nervous wreck.

Agents
    I was tempted to do a win the leagues in lots of different countries game this season (like Dafuge is, but starting off at a big club) until I played as Barcelona in the demo and realised just how much I hated the greedy agents. I knew I was going to have to deal with them at some point, but I thought I’d wean myself on gently.

With promotion to the Football League, my first player (with a year left on his contract) acquired an agent. The agent’s demands for his own fee in a new contract were modest, (he has to make a living), but also my entire transfer budget. In any case, I couldn’t afford what his client was asking, so that’s my first key player that I’ve had to sell. I was tempted to keep him for the year and let him go on a free, but he wanted to go. Note to self; renew contracts at end of the previous season.

None of my other players have got agents yet, but it’s only a matter of time, and I suspect renewing contracts will be a whole lot more expensive once they do. When did agents start appearing in droves for the rest of you?

Salaries
    The salaries that I’m have to pay new players to sign have shot up dramatically, and players that have been with me for the two promotions have accrued something in the range of 85% pay rises because of promotion and yearly salary hikes. I’m not sure how much my attendances will increase, so I wonder whether I’m about to go into the red.

Advice
    I think there’s lots of different ways to be successful in this game, but these are the guiding principles of Vikeology.

· Always pay the maximum (high) league and competition bonuses to players. I can’t imagine why anyone would do anything else. It has such a great effect on morale. I'd let them sleep with my wife if I thought it would increase morale, although I am actually a bit worried that my wife suggested it. Also, offer huge ‘Team of the Season’ bonuses to players if it will make them sign. Folks, there is no ‘team of the season’ in non-league. You might think that it’s a ‘bug’ of the game that players would ask for money that they stand no chance of earning, but are you sure? Football players really are quite thick.

· Don’t change your tactics. Set your tactics during pre-season so the players get used to them, and stick to them. Of course, you can change your ‘starting strategy’ during a game, but I essentially get my players used to how to play, and then don’t change it. I don’t adapt to the opposition, I don’t adapt to the strengths of my players. I don’t adapt; full stop. In fact I blame my relegation in the first season to the fact that I hadn’t set my tactics the way I wanted (because it was a new game, or maybe there was a bug that reset them) and changed slightly mid way through the season when we were playing quite badly. As soon as we changed, we were awful, and by the time the players were used to the slightly different tactical approach we were about 18 points away from safety. I’m sure that there are tactics that would never work, but I think the basic ones will; as long as you give them time.
    · Keep it simple. I’m sure a lot of fun can be had, designing set pieces and tinkering with player roles, but it’s not necessary.
    · When you’re winning, find someone to criticise. When you’re losing, find someone to praise. That’s not always possible to do of course.
    · Don’t believe scouts / coaches when they say that someone has the potential to play in League 1. Four months later they’ll have changed their mind. If your scouting reports are more than 200 days old, get a new one. Generally speaking, (at lower levels) I rarely sign anyone unless the report says that they must be signed at all costs, although if they’re only going to ask for £40 a week, then ‘definite purchase’ could be a pretty sweet deal. Once you get nearer the Premiership of course, the cream at the top gets considerably thinner.
    Last edited by vikeologist; 30-11-2010 at 03:04.

Part-Timer

vikeologist classic better watch your wife when you are on away trips and the injured players stay behind

Ive had this message for the 3rd year in a row. They also dont let me even talk to the board about upgrades. before we got our end of season bonus, we were 500k in the red because we cant fit people in the stadium!

Part-Timer

Croydon Athletic - nPower League 1 - 2019/20

At 40-1 to win the title, the bookies didnt think we had a shot.
    This season was a horror. Had such a horrible start and by week 22ish I was down the bottom of the ladder. I got angry and hacked into my squad, changed tactic drastically and changed keeper. It worked and after a great run ended up in 10th. I want to keep this going and get in the playoffs next season!

League Table

FA Cup - Played Sunderland in the 2nd round and lost 3-1. I was doing so badly in the league that it wasnt even a packed stadium :\
    League Cup - Bad
    Johnstone's Paint Tropy - Bad Bad Bad

Squad

Transfers -

Key Player Profiles

Jamie Neal - Stepped up as a benched Locke in my mid season blitz

Mattia Bertelli - Now the record top goal scorer for Croydon Athletic

Danny Duncan - I still dont get how he scores so many goals. He had a hatrick in one game!

Mircea Bacila - Still killing it and the offers coming in for him are creeping higher and higher

Petru Dragnea - One of my other Romanians, this guy pairs up with Bacila like a machine. Training him for DM now

Career Overview

Code:
    Season    Team                          Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      14th                    nil 
    2012/13    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      13th              FA Trophy Win
    2013/14    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South       1st              Promotion to BSP
    2014/15    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet Premier     2nd              Promotion to League 2
    2015/16    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             9th               JP Trophy Winner
    2016/17    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             3rd               JP Trophy Winner/Promotion to League 1
    2017/18    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             6th                 Playoff Semi Final Loss
    2018/19    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             13th                  nil
    2019/20    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             10th                  nil

No Stadium...It's fkn killing my finances. Had the same msg come up for 3 seasons now.
    Also had a takeover and a job scare. Takeover happened when I was doing really badly and I thought I was 100% out of a job :| Luckily it went well and I'm still here
    I just can't get over the fact that I dont have a new or expanded stadium yet. My allowed wage budget is now 55k/week. I cant even make that with a packed house!
    Next Season

I HAVE to get a new stadium otherwise I'll just keep sinking into more debt, get taken over again and my job looked at :\

Part-Timer

BTW anyone use IRC? Im usually on gamesurge if anyone wants to get a channel going and shoot the poop etc.

#dafugechallenge

Amateur

HENDON DONS END OF SEASON REPORT: 2016/17
    English Premiere Division

Notes:

Arsenal was two days after Chelsea. Man U-Chelsea-Arsenal in the span of 5 days.

Time to try and snag the ST, DC, and DR prospects from Brazil since their loans are done.

Signing Andy Thompson to a new and improved contract for three years 12.25k/week. Glad to have him sewn up.

My DR target has been downgraded from a leading to a good epl dc projection, with the same star count from the same scout. oh well. Looks like I can only sign one guy unless I get an increase which wont happen.

bah! Munich has a first option deal on my DC, DONT STEAL MY GOOD(present) and LEADING(future) DC !!! HOLY CRAP THIS GUY WANTS WAY MORE $$ THAN SCOUTS STATED/I CAN ok cool. scout was right, just ridic original demands.

3.5 mil transfer Paulinho(DC) from Palmeiras has gone through after an appeal. woo! 18 y/o, 6'2", 19 tackling, 16 pace :O 19 determination 17 bravery sweet

lol first offer from a different club is from Coventry(CH in 17th). lolnothx.

lol journalists are questioning Jose Vincentes recent performances. His last 5 games avg rating is 7.16. Sweet.

another new signing Paulinho having troubles settling in. Given time away. bleck.

3 games left in 16th. Up 9(18th-Birmingham) has played one less game than I. Last three games are BRUTAL.

Home-Aston Villa, Away-Man U, Home-Liverpool. dang.

Media Prediction: 20th
    Actual Finish: 16th

RECORD:
    Wins:9
    DRAWS:11
    LOSSES:18

Table

Half Full Squad
    Half Full Squad 2

Key Signings:

Transfers

ST: Benik Afobe
    Apps:34
    Goals:17
    Assists:7
    MoM:4
    Average Rating:7.14

Best random need signing ever. Dude is a beast. Only $3600/week(this year). Sucks that there is ONLY a 2mill min release clause. Tried to renegotiate to get that number bigger, and it wasnt happening.

ST: Oscar Bolanos
    Apps:25
    Goals:8
    Assists:6
    MoM:2
    Average Rating:7.05

Solid.

MC: Renaud Cohade
    Apps:32
    Goals:6
    Assists:5
    MoM:0
    Average Rating: 6.95

Best Win:

6-0 late season victory over Wolves(who were relegated with the loss) put me in a better position not to get relegated.

Final gameday win against Liverpool. Benik Afobe had a hat trick before half. wee not getting relegated. won it 4-0. hooray!

Worst Loss:

2-3 loss to QPR in cup play.

Thoughts:

Not too shocked. A few young players did alright. A few clearly need to grow. My Team got a bit too big for my liking but whatever.
    Benik Afobe might be the best signing in the history of the world, and hes only 23 right now.. Sick. Young goalies pretty much split the starts
    with mixed results. Training facilities and youth academy networking improving in the offseason. 14k seat stadium wont be done until next year, but
    with my amazing 350 attendance per game I managed to make 39 million this season. I wish you could just pay off that 20.5mill loan debt right NOW, but noooooo
    gotta pay it in incriments. Whatever. Next season should hopefully see some youth improvement, and similiar results placing wise.

Part-Timer

pickemgenius Go Hendon! You're paying a guy only 3600 a week in the premier league? jebus! Im in L1 and my top guy earns 3100 :\
    You fkn got a new stadium thouhg im jealous

They need to add in a function to pay off loans when you are flush i reckon.

Amateur

In my game as Northwich I got promoted to the blue square premier and i'm really stuck now, can't win or even draw, my squad is too poor for this league, I'm sitting in the bottom 3 and have lost the past 10 games, in the finances i'm -£120,000 and have a wage budget of £0.

I think i'm looking at relegation back to the Blue Square North at the minute.

Part-Timer

Millsy your chairman will probably step down soon with a deficit like that and someone will buy your team

keep at it though!@

Part-Timer

Got through my nightmare run of Premiership matches in reasonable shape... now for the lesser teams! Just beat Middlesbrough 4-0 and suddenly feel pretty confident against anyone outside of the top 6.

Also I just got offered the Chelsea job!

Amateur

After a 5-0 win against Oxford in the 3rd round, 4-1 win against Coventry in the 4th round, we get Burnley in the 5th round of the FA Cup.

24 games into the season, and I'm 7th in the league Keirrison is top scorer with 10 league goals, but John Guidetti has the most in all comps with 13.

Last edited by jordanswinburn; 30-11-2010 at 13:54.

Part-Timer

You guys are all killing it. Im barely staying alive in the L1. In the LC I beat Burnley then Wolves then was beaten soundly by Bolten, which I thought was pretty cool.
    So Inconsistant during the regular season though :\

Part-Timer

Just thought I had a crash dump during a game, fortunately it wasn't as I was 5-1 up at the time! Don't know what it was though, the message suggests a sound issue, but I play with the sound off. Just glad I got through the game, wouldn't have been happy if it had crashed!!

Screenshot

Part-Timer

Just beat top of the table Man Utd 1-0 at Chippenham stadium! Helped somewhat by them being reduced to 10 men in the first half. But still, what a result!

Amateur
    A small hole outside Dublin called Blessington

Disheartening start to life in FM11. Struggling near the bottom of BSN with Ashton, clueless tactically.

Amateur

Came from behind twice to beat M. Haifa 3-2 in the Europa League 1st Knockout Round 1st leg

And just beat Burnley 3-1 in the FA Cup 5th Round. I've got Arsenal or Everton in the 6th.
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 30-11-2010 at 16:20.

Third Team

OKI've decided against writing a season review for the year, I'll just write a short paragraph:

Tonbridge Angels - season 2013/14

Great start, 6 wins from the first 8 games. But then after a great FA Trophy run (getting to the final) our league form suffered massively and we finished 16th position. It was a massive improvement from the first 2 seasons, but very disappointing after the start we made.

Code:
    Season    League                League position    Other acheivments
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Blue Square South        19th            None
    2012/13    Blue Square South        19th            None
    2013/14    Blue Square South        16th            FA Trophy Finalists
    Already into November in new season, I pretty much scraped my whole team and started a fresh and it's working. 7th in the League, into the 2nd Round of the FA Cup (just beat Bury in the first round, hoping for a good draw).

Amateur
    A small hole outside Dublin called Blessington

Glenn Fitzpatrick - Ashton United, Season 1. (2011/12)

Blue Square North
    Media Prediction: 22nd
    Finished: 16th

We struggled at the start of the year, I couldn't attract any players in on loan which caused a lot of difficulty. We made it to the 1st round of the FA Cup where we lost in a replay to Mansfield Town AET. Things picked up when I reverted to a tight 4-4-2 and we hit a run of 5 straight wins at the turn of the year. The addition of a few welsh and Irish youngsters helped to boost our slim squad and we survived relegation reasonably comfortably. Hopefully next season I can clear away all of the deadwood and build something special at Hurst Cross!

Amateur

Out of the FA Cup after a 1-0 loss to Arsenal. We are however 3-1 up on aggregate right now against Celtic in the Europa League 2nd round. We got there after drawing 1-1 in the 2nd leg of the 1st round.

Part-Timer

Finally, a last minute goal goes in my favour as we beat Liverpool 2-1. 5 games left now and i'm sitting 10th, happily distant from both relegation and European places.

Amateur

Finally, a last minute goal goes in my favour as we beat Liverpool 2-1. 5 games left now and i'm sitting 10th, happily distant from both relegation and European places.
    Good stuff. 6 games left for me, sitting in 6th. Not going too badly for me. After our win against Celtic (4-2 on agg) in the 2nd round, we've got Porto now in the finals.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    Good stuff. 6 games left for me, sitting in 6th. Not going too badly for me. After our win against Celtic (4-2 on agg) in the 2nd round, we've got Porto now in the finals.
    Wow, nice, I thought you were flirting with relegation quite a few games into the season?

Over here, I love the game again. On a great run at the moment. Inside Forwards really are awesome

Amateur

Wow, nice, I thought you were flirting with relegation quite a few games into the season?

Over here, I love the game again. On a great run at the moment. Inside Forwards really are awesome
    All changed 10 games in. We just climbed and climbed and climbed. I put it largely down to the squad gelling and my new formation.

Third Team

Walsall and Old ham in League One.

Preston in the Championship and Liverpool and Stoke in the Prem.

Liverpool match got me my first ever sellout.

Amateur

Deafncat - That screenie you posted of a news article about your stadium (unlucky on being refused by the way) I noticed you have a dark background, why on mine when I turn backgrounds on, am I unable to see any text etc...its very annoying !!

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, note your inbox screen to mine....

As you can see, even though the skin is set to 2011 dark skin, the text is white, and the backing to the news etc is lighter...and it's like that on every screen...

Any ideas Deafncat (anyone?) ?

Part-Timer

depends on the skin. They can change the Opacity of the text boxes which makes it easier to read etc.
    I use the Flex 11 skin

Amateur

'Ave it!

This guy is on fire at the moment. I'm playing 2 strikers, both using "Move into channels", which is keeping the centre backs busy enough so that Espinal just isn't picked up when he runs infield (from AML as an Inside Forward). They seriously can't get near him.

Amateur

Ok ta Deafncat, I'll try that skin then pal

Part-Timer

Playing Barnsley and they just had 3 red cards in the space of 5 minutes. Classic!

Part-Timer

Haha Fan day and Live TV for a game against MK Dons who were on a 14 game unbeaten streak. I was on a losing streak of 5 and was huge favourites to get dumped on. 0-0 until 90+1 and i slot one in
    YES!

Amateur

HENDON DONS PRESEASON REPORT: 2017/18
    English Premiere Division

Notes:
    Tottenham approached me. nothx.

Cosmin Vlad wants a new contract. w/e. $5750/week 3 years. $80 Million Minimum Release Clause. Good.

Avoid Relegation=Goal=26.5mill+240k/week wage. SPending 183k atm. will kill the transfer budget if needed of course.

5000-1 again. neat.

was really hard to let go of William Ekong. whoa William Ekong was the first listed of ENGLAND RELEASED PLAYERS. weird. yep everyone else was terrible.

New Signings-
    MRC-Juan-5'4" pest(I hope) not flash stats, but at 4 years $1600/week with GOOD EPL potential at 22 it's certainly worth a shot. oh crap he got hurt between offer and signing. oh well ill leave this here for rememberance. WANTS 14k/week AFTER HEALED. ugh. didn't sign, left here for lulz.
    DR-Antonio-Backup DR-23 year old-$625/week 4 years. 6k transfer from Mallorca. Projected Good EPL DR. alright.
    Gk-Maunel Intxausti-projected leading EPL goalie. 17 years old. 18 years old when transfer went through. $1.5 million transfer from Osasuna. Done with GKs for awhile. $500/week 3 years. Sure this will change next year.
    MC-Fabinho-Soon to be 18 Brazilian MC is projected to be a LEADING MC and is already a good CH player. $1.7 mill transfer/ $5,000/week
    MR-Nicola Russo-21 Uruguayan MR, only projected to be Decent MR, but I love having players from everywhere and the 1.5k transfer price with a $220/week wage + stats that look better than GOOD LEAGUE 1 makes this awesome.

Thoughts:
    Current Wage Budget is at um...$151,503. Sure.... Hoping to clock in at around 15th or 16th this season, would be stoked to get 12th or better, but i'm not expecting it.
    Plan is to play like I always do. This roster is a bit smaller, which is nice for me because I hate a clustered list when trying to pick out players to play. Don't have much else to
    say other than I expect I'll need another ST since I only have 4, and my ST always gets hurt, was in the race to get Asomah Gyan for ~$6k week then a million other teams offered him and he signed for 10k/week which I gladly would've paid. Oh well. Going to continue trying to get super cheap transfers unless someone really catches my eye as I have $23 million transfer budget. Basically just stoked for next season when the stadium will be done. Apparently my training facilities are getting a double upgrade???? I totally see two of them going on at the same time. One started then the board went LOL WERE UPGRADING when there was like a week left on the current renovations. Youth recruitment getting upgraded also. Hopefully those can just continually keep getting upgraded. Good stuff everyone.

Part-Timer

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Oops I just woke up my roomate becuase I yelled so loud lol
    Getting a new fkn stadium baby! Only 12000 seater but better than nothing. Just got it after I beat Southhampton in the playoffs to take me to the Championship

Im gutted by the name though, No deadfncat stadium? :\

Part-Timer

Welsh Wizard - Colwyn Bay - Premiership - 2016/17 - Season 6

Club Info
    Facts
    Facilities
    Stats
    Squad General
    Squad Stats
    Transfers Part 1
    Transfers Part 2
    Finances Summery
    Finances Wages
    New Stadium

A mixture of youth and old players in and was/is a complete new side compared to the Championship. Did not want to let Rodrgo go but his contract was ending this season, he would not sign a new one and he had loads of forign interest.

With the stadium getting increased last season for 6 months we were getting as low as 218 which no suprise became a record in the Prem. Finances are looking healthy which is mainly down to loans.
    The new stadium will be ace.

Key Players

Ronaldo - Scored and assisted. Was the go to guy in Euro and Cups as he up his game for some reason
    Leandro Moreno - Was our leading scorer in the league and could tear defences apart with his runs.
    Alvaro Dominguez - Solid in defence and also helping up the other end with double figures in goals.

Predicted:- 20th
    Finshed:- 4th

Table
    Previous Standings Graph

Another great season and the run of championships has finally come to a end. It was mainly the big boys who could not only beat us but complete out play us so the gap seems huge.

Team Stats
    Player Stats

Quarter Finals

Results

Final - Champions

Results

League Cup

Final - Champions

Results

Other Leagues and Competitons

Champions League:- Arsenal

Aims for Next Season

1. Try to stay top 4 and maybe mount a challenge for the title
    2. Get rid of dead wood
    3. Improve Squad.
    4. Don't get embarrassed in Euro

Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions.
    2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st           Promoted - Champions|FA Trophy Winners
    2013/14         Npower League 2           1st           Promoted - Champions|Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
    2014/15         Npower League 1           1st           Promoted - Champions|Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
    2015/16         Npower Championship       1st           Promoted - Champions|League Cup Winners
    2016/17         Barclays Premier League   4th           Domestic Cup Double

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Oops I just woke up my roomate becuase I yelled so loud lol
    Getting a new fkn stadium baby! Only 12000 seater but better than nothing. Just got it after I beat Southhampton in the playoffs to take me to the Championship

Im gutted by the name though, No deadfncat stadium? :\
    Congrats on the stadium. You're going to groundshare with yourself for 2 years?

Semi Pro

Good news on the stadium deadfncat.
    What I donlt uderstand is that the last sentance says that your team (Croydon Athletic) are building the Croydon Athletic Stadium and whilst that is happening you're ground sharing with Croydon Athletic at the Croydon Athletic Stadium.

Is that soome kind of Zen?
    You'll be ground sharing with your own team at a stadium that hasn't been built.

Part-Timer

Yeh I was actually curious about that myself
    Look who made it into the BSS though! Only took them 11 years

Part-Timer

actually i probably should have MS painted an arrow onto that. I meant Bashley :P

Third Team

actually i probably should have MS painted an arrow onto that. I meant Bashley :P
    Yes you should, I had no idea who I was looking for!

Also you should log that stadium thing in the bug forum.

Semi Pro

Perhaps you could put that save up so that those people who want to play as Bashley can.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    Good news on the stadium deadfncat.
    What I donlt uderstand is that the last sentance says that your team (Croydon Athletic) are building the Croydon Athletic Stadium and whilst that is happening you're ground sharing with Croydon Athletic at the Croydon Athletic Stadium.

Is that soome kind of Zen?
    You'll be ground sharing with your own team at a stadium that hasn't been built.
    I had exactly the same message pop up when I had a new stadium, when in reality I just stayed at my old stadium until the new one was built.. It's obviously a bug.

Part-Timer

spankie good idea, might do that.

Part-Timer

Croydon Athletic - nPower League 1 - 2020/21

At 40-1 to win the title, the bookies didnt think we had a shot.
    It was the start of a new decade and with a largely unchanged team, I thought we had a chance to make it based on the fact that the team knew each other well and worked well together. We didnt start off very well though and it was looking like another season of mid table nothingness. New French keeper Jamel Bahri had massive promise, but didnt speak Englsish (WHY DO I KEEP GETTING THESE PLAYERS?) and was probably out weak link going into the season. We leaked a tonne of goals at the start of the season, but Chris George and Bertelli up front kept us in games. We beat Reading in the third game of the season 6-3 in a thriller and I had no fingernails left. It was all about streaks for us this season, as we would win 3 lose 4 win 5 lose 2. Could never really be consistant, but at least I turned the draws from last season into points. Chased MK Dons trying to snatch 2nd place and avoid the playoffs and needed them to either draw or lose in the last game and a win for me to get 2nd. I drew and they won :P Oh well, Playoffs turned out better as it was a better cash payoff which at this point I desparatley need. 600k into the red and no way out of it here with my undersized stadium and unbribable local government. Came out of the playoffs 300k in the black

Playoffs!

Here we go again

Derby (7th) vs Croydon Athletic (3rd)

Pride Park, Derby Att: 33010

We went into this game hopeful and I know the manager personally and he told me he was ******** himself. We needed some goals at least here in the away leg. A 12th minute strike from outside the box put us up early and the team was set to defend. Thats what they did and after a tough game we held the lead going into the second leg.

Derby (0) vs Croydon Athletic(1)
    The Keith Tuckey Stadium, Thornton Heath Att: 3000
    We just had to get through this as we had the lead and I knew we could score goals but keeper Bahri was under an injury cloud coming into the game. I played him, sore ribs and all and he did well. George set up a fantastic goal for Bertelli to slot in and we were coasting in the first half. Derby come back with force in the second half and scored early with a Chris Newman header bringing them back into the contest. We knew we just had to hold on and when Lee Tomlin bent a free kick in on the 90th minute, we were home.

Final
    Croydon Athletic (3rd) vs Southampton (5th)
    Wembley, London Att: 51763

This was the big one. Southhampton had beaten us twice this season and scored the second highest amount of goals (behind us by 20!).
    Southhampton hit us early on a cross and Knowles scored. We needed a quick reply and it came in the form of on song winger Lee Tomlin. Bertelli then drove the point home five minutes later to take the lead. Again we did what we have worked on all season and parked the boat. As the full time whistle came around, we were going to the Championship!

League Table
    League Positions

FA Cup - Did well to get to the third round where we played West Brom and were outclassed

League Cup -Beat Cheltenham, Burnley and Wolves on a fantastic unlikely run. Went down to a classy Bolton performance.

Johnstone's Paint Tropy - Bad Bad Bad

Squad - I'm quite happy with the squad at the moment. Need some backup wingers and maybe some backup wing backs

Transfers - Strengthened my attack with George, Freeman and Dayton. Bahri is my keeper for the future. Dave Steele is another great talent for the future. Dumped a bunch of Jerks and made heaps on Jamie Neal my old (and personally he was ****) keeper.

Key Player Profiles

Jamel Bahri - Dumped Jamie Neil as he wasnt progressing and took a shot on French/Tunisian Bahri. Only speaks French/Arabic but will be an asset in the future. Leaked goals at the start of the season, but has been getting better with the squad and was quite dependable towards the end of the season.

Mattia Bertelli - Wowsers. He is good. Maybe not Championship good though, we will have to see how he does.

Danny Duncan (C) - The Rock is doing well. Sticking it out in the back and still scoring heaps of goals off his head.

Mircea Bacila (VC)- Great Romanian DM pairing with Bacila and Rentea going on right now. The DM backup, Dragnea is Romanian too

Player of the SeasonChris George - Picked up on a free out of desparation as I had two STR down with injuries and the transfer window was about to close. This guy has been amazing and set all kinds of records for me last season. Most goals, Most assists etc. Keeping up the tradition of my best player not being English He is Welsh.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season    Team                          Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      14th                    nil 
    2012/13    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      13th              FA Trophy Win
    2013/14    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South       1st              Promotion to BSP
    2014/15    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet Premier     2nd              Promotion to League 2
    2015/16    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             9th               JP Trophy Winner
    2016/17    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             3rd               JP Trophy Winner/Promotion to League 1
    2017/18    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             6th                 Playoff Semi Final Loss
    2018/19    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             13th                  nil
    2019/20    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             10th                  nil
    2020/21    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             3rd                  Playoff Promotion

FINALLY
    When I saw this news pop up a few weeks after I had won promotion I jumped out of my chair and cheered. This also woke up my roomate and she wasnt pleased. Nevertheless I'm super excited but ****ed I have to wait so long for it. Also the name isnt great :\ I hope that in the future I am able to expand it past 20k

Next Season
    This season I just want to survive. I may holiday for a month or two as I really just want to get to the new stadium as sinking into debt due to demand wayyyy outstripping supply.
    Goals : Survive Relagation
    Do well in the Cups so I can get some cash and hopefully pump up my rep a bit more
    Upgrade training facilities if money allows
    Keep my top 5-6 players at the club and train them up more
    I HAVE to get a new stadium otherwise I'll just keep sinking into more debt, get taken over again and my job looked at :\
    Last edited by deadfncat; 01-12-2010 at 11:04.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

OK, so my Marine side seems to have developed a problem in conceding late goals at the moment. My last four league games have gone like this,

Stevenage (H), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 91st minute)
    Wycombe (A), 0-1 defeat (winner conceded in the 81st minute)
    Exeter (A), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 85th minute)
    Chesterfield (H), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 92nd minute)

That's seven points thrown away in the last four games and in that time we'd slid from 1st to 5th

Part-Timer

OK, so my Marine side seems to have developed a problem in conceding late goals at the moment. My last four league games have gone like this,

Stevenage (H), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 91st minute)
    Wycombe (A), 0-1 defeat (winner conceded in the 81st minute)
    Exeter (A), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 85th minute)
    Chesterfield (H), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 92nd minute)

That's seven points thrown away in the last four games and in that time we'd slid from 1st to 5th
    Unlucky! I had the same problem with conceding late goals to rob me of good results. So frustrating!

Despite cruising to a mid-table finish, at least my last game of the season is going to be interesting. Not so much for my team, we're 9th, a win wouldn't move us up and the team below us need to win 26-0 and for us to lose to overtake us. But we're playing relegation candidates Wolves, who really need a result to stay up. I'll be doing my best to send them down, not that I hate Wolves, but purely in the interests of competetiveness!
    Last edited by Gypsum; 01-12-2010 at 11:38.

Just started this challenge myself, and after the holiday season I got myself Truro City. Here is my profile.

Franz Lamadjur - Season update. 2014/15. Canvey Island. Blue Square South.

League table

After losing a couple of key players over the summer, I was pretty sure we'd struggle to reach 6th spot again, and I was right. Scouts couldn't find anyone to improve the squad, loan players were thin on the ground too, and the "promising" youngsters failed to achieve. Last season's run to the 4th round of the FA Cup wasn't repeated, and although we hovered around the fringes of the play-off places all season the team just cannot beat anyone above us. 3 of our last 4 games were home losses to top 5 teams, a win in one of them would have put us in the play-offs.

I'm struggling to get the strikers motivated for matches against lower opposition - they just don't want to score; my 3rd highest scorer this year was a centre-back! And then the defence capitulates against anyone half-decent; errors from keepers, 3 players running away from the ball in our 6yd box, I've seen it all this year.

I suppose I'll have to keep plugging away, hopefully some decent freebies will come up this summer.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season    Team                  Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
    2011/12    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      16th                    nil 
    2012/13    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      16th                    nil 
    2013/14    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      6th                FAC 4r replay
    2014/15    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      8th                     nil

Part-Timer

Unlucky! I had the same problem with conceding late goals to rob me of good results. So frustrating!

Despite cruising to a mid-table finish, at least my last game of the season is going to be interesting. Not so much for my team, we're 9th, a win wouldn't move us up and the team below us need to win 26-0 and for us to lose to overtake us. But we're playing relegation candidates Wolves, who really need a result to stay up. I'll be doing my best to send them down, not that I hate Wolves, but purely in the interests of competetiveness!
    aww poor Wolves :P they are friendly ones!

I just started my first season in the Championship. GETTING KILLED going to holiday for a few months. I want my new stadium badly

Part-Timer

gavrenwick welcome and good luck!

Sideshow Robbie Earle
    Domonic Samuel was awesome in my team. Hang on to him

He had more assists than goals in my team though, I used him as a winger who banged in a lot of crosses to the target man up front
    Last edited by deadfncat; 01-12-2010 at 12:52.

Cheers deadfncat! Got a bit of rebuilding to do here first, definitely looks like season one is going to be a survival themed one.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Gavski \o/ I see that even your FM alter-ego is an insufferable Geordie

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Lost four and drawn three of my last seven in all competitions. Out of the FA Cup in the first round to BSP opposition. Has anybody seen the wheels that are supposed to be on this wagon?

Third Team

So I substituted one of my players because he was at 73% and we have an FA Cup game next. He now has a poor opinion of me and wants to be transfer listed. :I

Worth a bet I'd say.

Although I can't face pressing Submit Team.
    Last edited by Anti Spiral; 01-12-2010 at 13:44.

Part-Timer

Oh god, I think I'm going to have the title of the first person relagated in this challenge
    Im been smashing through this season to get my new stadium. I skipped all the games which I knew i was going to lose 3 games left in the season and I am 10 points behind Leeds. RELAGATED

Part-Timer

Gypsum's Chippenham - End of season update - 2018/19

Premier league
    Media prediction: 20th
    Final position: 9th / League table / Positions chart

Despite a few injury and disciplinary problems, we had a pretty solid season throughout. Strangely, our fixtures were scheduled so that we played a lot of the big teams in the league in quick succession, and this may have helped us build up form against the lesser teams in the mean time. The general theme of the season was that we fancied our chances against anybody in the bottom half of the table, the EURO cup chasing teams were tricky and the big clubs were way too far ahead of us to expect a result from them, although we did manage to get 2 points out of Chelsea. Overall, our form picked up in the second half of the season, our policy of attacking at every opportunity seemed to pay off once our defence gelled enough to back us up.

Club information;

General squad info

Transfers - Obviously there are two standout signings here, Romano for £5.25m and Pisano for £12.5m who took up most of my transfer budget. As I was desperate for full-backs, these decent young players with good potential looked like worthwhile investments.

Finances - At one point in the season, our finances dipped to -£20m! But thanks to a loan and a decent premiership position we are now £9.5m in the black.

Average league attendance: 12560 (12637 capacity)

Star players;

Levan Mchedlidze - ST - Levan was signed on a free from Premiership Fulham, and turned out to be our star striker. Despite torn ankle ligaments the middle of the season, he still managed to score 14 goals with 12 assists and was a very effective targetman for us.

Lee Brooks - DC - Now in his fourth season with us, Brooks was completely unfazed by the step up to Premiership football as he had another fantastic season for us. As if his 7.21 rating wasn't impressive enough, last season's player of the year also filled in as club captain for most of the season, and was rewarded with three young player of the month awards.

Gabriele Romano - D/AMR - Signed from Montpellier for £5.25m, Romani turned out to be a fantastic player for us. Capable of playing at full-back or on the wing with great effect, the former Italian Under-21 player got a 7.15 rating for his debut Premiership season and looks to be an excellent asset for us.

Code:
    Year                  League                           Position                                   Achievements
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12               BSS                               2nd                                       Playoff winners
    2012/13               BSP                               1st                                       FA cup 4th round
    2013/14               L2                                2nd        
    2014/15               L1                                6th                                       FA cup 6th round       
    2015/16               L1                                1st        
    2016/17               C                                 8th                
    2017/18               C                                 1st
    2018/19               EPL                               9th

Aims for next season;

Hopefully I can continue to strengthen the squad with young players, transfer budget permitting. A young centre-back partner for Brooks would be nice, as would some central midfielders and a pacy striker. I'm pretty well covered on the wings. The main goal will be to phase out the older players and bring in young equivalents with good potential.

Part-Timer

Croydon Athletic - nPower Championship - 2021/22

Ok so I knew this was going to be a challenge and my heart wasnt really in it because, well, to be honest its been a long campaign and I have been pretty disheartened by the recent lack of stadium upgrade and all the frustration it caused.
    I wasnt 100% going into this season and was only given 5k/week more in wages which didnt help the cause at all either. I holidayed all the games I knew I was going to lose which was about 1/3 and ususally did lose them.
    Ended up in 23rd place and was relagated. This is ok, considering my training facilities and youth facilities are so bad, I'm ok with L1 for a season or 2 more once i have the new stadium.
    Because of holidaying and not being into this season, I wont do a proper update, but will be back with a vengeance next season
    Only good thing was that West Ham got back into the Premier League. They are my Parent Club so should send me a better loan player next season. Got some dodgy keeper this year who was worse than my backup :\
    League Table

Career Overview

Code:
    2020/21    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             3rd                  Playoff Promotion
    2021/22    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower Championship       23rd                  Relagation to League 1

Next Season

Promotion again ready for the Stadium Opening
    Also stock up the midfield
    Last edited by deadfncat; 01-12-2010 at 14:20.

Gavski \o/ I see that even your FM alter-ego is an insufferable Geordie
    What can I say? The insufferable Geordie can't help but invade upon your life at as many sections as possible. <3

Third Team

So I substituted one of my players because he was at 73% and we have an FA Cup game next. He now has a poor opinion of me and wants to be transfer listed. :I

Worth a bet I'd say.

Although I can't face pressing Submit Team.
    I lost 3-0, which was actually a lot better than I could have hoped for!

Also, my finances are in the black for the first time.

Third Team

Just had a youth academy finished. Have managed to get the board to agree to new youth and training facilities.

Part-Timer

Looking around for some new signings in the pre-season and there are a ton of good young players available. The strange thing is, most of them are from Man City, Barca or Inter. It seems like they just go around buying every decent young player available and then sell them a few years later.

Amateur

Hi i have been reading this since the fm 11 thread was up so i have decided to give it a go myself

So here I am as the manager of North Ferriby!

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...e_Personal.png

Part-Timer

Welcome to the challenge danzman, good luck!

Part-Timer

I've just signed Wayne Rooney for Chippenham!

Amateur

I've finished my season. Can't be arsed to do my report just yet, so I'll come back to it. But in short, 6th place finish and semis of Europa League.

Cracking on with the new season.

Ins: (Free Unless Stated)
    Jiri Vicek - £6.75m (Nottingham Forest) - Regen
    Vincent Kompany - £1.7m (West Ham)
    Fawzi Chaouchi
    Marcus Berg
    Gary Cahill
    Jack Wilshere
    Giuseppe Carboni - Regen

Outs: (Free unless stated)
    Lorik Cana - £500k (Tottenham)
    Ross Turnbull - £1.5m (West Brom)
    Alex Henshall - £1.5m (West Ham)
    Titus Bramble - Released

Signed all my outs for frees, and sold them for that much.

Amateur

I've just signed Wayne Rooney for Chippenham!
    Lol awesome... good luck renewing his contract though

Amateur

jordanswinburn: Wow great signings. How many England starters you got now? Carroll, Henderson, Wilshere, Cahill... any more? :\

Third Team

Just had my 100th game in management. A come from behind home draw with Staines. Not the greatest I know. But it did win us the Blue Square South with 3 games to go!! BSP here we come. Full update when I've finished the season. Probably tomorrow.

Amateur

Quavis must have been sacked

Amateur

I've decided to join you guys! I actually took part in last year's challenge with Merthyr Tydfil, although I stopped posting my progress out of laziness. Will try not to do so next time! Now off to find a club... who are the recommendations this year? FC United?

Amateur

Quavis must have been sacked
    Close LOL! Why is it that nice long holiday weekends with days off never seem to go as planned??? I played a total of 5 games on my save all during my entire time off

Currently reading through the 4 pages of stuff I've missed. Comments to come soon.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by EdSB View Post
    I've decided to join you guys! I actually took part in last year's challenge with Merthyr Tydfil, although I stopped posting my progress out of laziness. Will try not to do so next time! Now off to find a club... who are the recommendations this year? FC United?
    Welcome and good luck!

Did you complete it last year?

Just go with whichever team your heart belongs to.... ahh, how romantic

Or if you fancy a challenge, one of the low rep teams such as Leamington or Croydon will make it more difficult for the first few seasons.

Amateur

Welcome and good luck!

Did you complete it last year?

Just go with whichever team your heart belongs to.... ahh, how romantic

Or if you fancy a challenge, one of the low rep teams such as Leamington or Croydon will make it more difficult for the first few seasons.
    Thanks! I'd love to say I managed it - I had a blast, but ran out of time. Got to League One after back-to-back BSP and L2 wins. Was particularly proud of winning BSP despite 15 point administration deduction

Anyway, I'm sure you don't care about my mediocre achievements! I'm thinking Hednesford look quite good - it really depends who gets promoted, last year I didn't bother reloading and decided on Merthyr because I liked their name!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by EdSB View Post
    I'm thinking Hednesford look quite good - it really depends who gets promoted, last year I didn't bother reloading and decided on Merthyr because I liked their name!
    Haha - it does sound like a Lord of the Rings place or something. Just don't sign players for similar reasons

Amateur

jordanswinburn: Wow great signings. How many England starters you got now? Carroll, Henderson, Wilshere, Cahill... any more? :\
    Funnily enough, Carroll plays for Scotland. The only one currently playing for England is Tom Huddlestone. Other Englishmen I have are Green, Richards, Cahill, Henderson, McEachran and Wilshere. I could have Lee Cattermole coming in too, who is currently in the England squad.

On another note, this popped up in my inbox...

They're taking the **** now, surely!

Amateur

Currently in my 3rd season in the Blue Square Premier and it's getting to the point where I reckon I'm never going to get out of this league!

Third Team

This scared me for a minute.

*immediately asked my board for a new contract*

Also, I'm still in the play-off places with 12 games to go! D:

Amateur

Page 28 comments:

Terk
    : Great first season in League 2! If only you could have kept that nice little run going for the last 10 games... Boo @ loan players! Liam Moore looks great, but needs some individual training to bring up his pace! No idea how you guys can stand slow players on the wings!

Naylinsky: Don't worry about getting behind everyone. As long as you're enjoying the challenge that is all that really matters! It looks like you are off to a great start! Don't worry about the board/fans, they always find something to whine about. Thanks for the update!

Gypsum: Rather have a team of late winners than late losers (my last years team! :P)

writches: LOL @ the 25% wage increase thing. I don't mind the promotion wage increase one (partially because I've yet to trigger it :P), as its the only wage increases my players get! I always cut the yearly raises out of any contract they ask for! It does look like the 25% promotion increase is negotiable this year though (was board locked last year). I might have to try being even cheaper and cutting that down as well!

deadfncat: Good solid season in League 2. I'm glad I'm not the only one to classify anyone who doesn't want to be at the club, wants a raise, ect, as "whiny players" Congrats on the JPT win!

Ridleys: Congrats on promotion! I'm starting to hate all of you that have Borini! That playoff run gave you quite the financial boost! Congrats on turning Pro!

PV: That's still a great solid season in L1 after 3 back to back promotions. Eventually the squad will hit a wall and need some time to rebuild

deadfncat: Didn't I just see your last season post less than a page ago? I don't know how some of you fly through the seasons so fast :P Stop and watch some of your games for a change! Congrats on Promotion and winning the JPT trophy again! Also, 17 pre-season games o.O That is like half a season in and of itself. All in 90 minutes? Are you just siming the whole thing?

Welsh Wizard: Congrats on promotion again as champions and the Carling Cup. Is this even a challenge for you? Congrats on the stadium expansion! Its good to see that they are taking competition stadium requirements into consideration now. No more 4000 seat stadiums in the EPL :P

edgar555
    : 6th is a great result for season 1! Romone Rose was a star for me a couple years ago. Great to see his name come up again in this challenge. Congrats also on manager of the year!

<end Page 28 comments>

Amateur

This scared me for a minute.

*immediately asked my board for a new contract*

Also, I'm still in the play-off places with 12 games to go! D:
    Are you using Brian from the Breakfast Club as your manager profile picture?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast