+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: dafuge's FM11 challenge

Amateur

I pay mine around £200 (I can only offer £240 though).

Amateur

Decided to go for FC United like I did on 09

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6...profileatt.png

There is my profile picture, now to just get down to the scouting, trialing and wheeling and dealing of the unknown players, exciting it will be.

Anyone know any decent staff etc?

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    is said to be very excited about his new project, and hopes to bring unprecedented (ok, I know, not really Dafuge!) success to Tooting - who knows, he might get the Freedom OF Tooting one day!
    Bravo... *claps*

Semi Pro

Any guidelines on the use of YouTube clips now that it's possible? Should we link to them rather than posting them direct? Is their use encouraged? If so, how much...what do people think?

Semi Pro

Any guidelines on the use of YouTube clips now that it's possible? Should we link to them rather than posting them direct? Is their use encouraged? If so, how much...what do people think?
    Personally I would prefer links.

Amateur

ANyone shed any names on Assistant Managers they signed? Strugglign with it at the moment

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I'm guessing that, like pictures, linking to them rather than embedding them in the thread would be better, otherwise the thread will become deathly slow very quickly.

Amateur

Anyone had Concord Rangers come up yet?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    I'm guessing that, like pictures, linking to them rather than embedding them in the thread would be better, otherwise the thread will become deathly slow very quickly.
    Yeah that I kinda guessed - how much are people envisaging them being used? I mean you could go the whole hog and give highlights for every game in the season, but.....

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    what's with the spanish league?
    The league rules seem to have changed, meaning it is two yellows for a ban instead of five. SI have said they will fix it but we do not know if it will be save game compatible, or how soon that will be.

Semi Pro

Yeah that I kinda guessed - how much are people envisaging them being used? I mean you could go the whole hog and give highlights for every game in the season, but.....
    Well its up to you I guess. If you want to go the whole nine yards and report every single game, you can do that. I just think season reviews would get clogged up with stuff people doesn't read/watch.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Booth View Post
    Controversially Holiday Woman is holidaying away for me now, lets face it she's never going to get a job even as a former international.. its not real football is it now..

Myself and DuckmanLUFC networking this game up. Look out for some profile posts coming shortly

Love the picture

Amateur

Any tried the Twitter thing yet? Is it working?

Amateur

Well its up to you I guess. If you want to go the whole nine yards and report every single game, you can do that. I just think season reviews would get clogged up with stuff people doesn't read/watch.
    I would say big games, such as important cup games/promotion games/etc would be worthy of youtube videos. I'll probably have my own goal of the season competition, like most clubs do.

Amateur

My current plan is to do it for cup games and playoffs, and use a goal by the player for the player review section I do, also I will do it as links I just wanted to see how it embedded it.

Very cool over all though imo.

Amateur

How are the odds of a Canvey Island popping up? I am really interested in playing them this year.

Amateur

Cheers Dafuge! Going to be a real challenge doing this in a two player setup

World Cup Winner

Links to goals are very much encouraged, embedded ones I'm not too keen on as they slow the thread down for me.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Nice one, advertised for a coach, and one of the guys who applied for the job would not discuss a non-playing role, not even as a player/coach.

Amateur

So yeah.... I'm still trying to find staff. I was randomly offering contracts to just about everyone. I always negotiaged to 1p to see how far they would drop their origional offer. I just had someone accept my 1p negotiation.... on a full time contract. No idea whether he will come back and accept, but it was still a successful negotation.

Something seems horribly wrong with that, either that or someone else must love Chippenham town and be willing to volunteer tons of time (my scouts are probably some of the hardest worked people on the planet :P )

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieManPat121 View Post
    How are the odds of a Canvey Island popping up? I am really interested in playing them this year.
    My original plan was to go with Canvey after taking them to the Premier League title on FM10 (though falling short in Europe) but I got bored of waiting for them to show up.

Semi Pro

So perhaps highlights of really crucial games, plus a couple of the best goals?? Something like that?

Semi Pro

Nice one, advertised for a coach, and one of the guys who applied for the job would not discuss a non-playing role, not even as a player/coach.
    I had that too in the demo and even wrote a bug thread for it, but apparently it hasn't been fixed. It just doesn't make sense. Why would he even apply for the job in the first place then?

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Frustratingly, I have to wait until tomorrow to get my hands on Fm2011! But i'm looking forward to getting started with this challenge. YouTube clips could really add something to the end of season summarys.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    3 games in with fc united won 2 drew 1 so far so good
    How many saves are you starting jackripper? ;)

Amateur

So perhaps highlights of really crucial games, plus a couple of the best goals?? Something like that?
    I would think so, it took about 5mins for that 40 second video to encode for me, so if you wanted to do more that times it going to kill you ingame time or make your season report take hours to finish.

Seems its best reserved for important stuff.

Youth Team

Holidaying at the minute, but then I'm going to start. Torn between Matlock and Halifax at minute, think I'll go for Halifax though.

Youth Team

Holidaying at the minute. Torn between Matlock and Halifax at minute, think I'll go for Halifax though.

Part-Timer

Hmmm, just lost 7-0 to Inverness in my first friendly. Squad needs a bit of work methinks.

Amateur

Anyone recommend any players yet?

Amateur

Everyone the same for me.

They either want to be a player, or player coach. so when i offer just coach, they want a ridiculous amount. SI have messed this area up this year. So hard to find a coach that will sign.

Edit: On the plus side, though, Mo Camara just signed for me as left back - as in, Mo Camara the ex Wolves player. Aha, 36, not that good but oh so very experienced.
    Last edited by Satio; 05-11-2010 at 23:00.

Amateur

Is there no minimum wage anymore? I just finally started looking at players to compile my shortlist. I randomly entered a few discussions with unattached players who I thought would have 0 interest (just based on the stats i can currently see - haven't scouted anyone yet), not only did they talk to me, but the wage demands seem way low. Is anyone else seeing this?

Part-Timer

Lost count of how many time I've reloaded in hope of getting Colwyn Bay but seems the same ones keep coming up each time and only a few below 1000 have shown.

May have to give up soon

Amateur

Well I think I will go with North Ferriby this season. I reserve the option of restarting with Canvey if it pops up though.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8...rofilepers.png

Amateur

could really use a few ass man names?

Amateur

Well I think I will go with North Ferriby this season. I reserve the option of restarting with Canvey if it pops up though.
    I'm aiming for Concord Rangers, so I may be reloading for a while, so Canvey will probably pop up in that space of time... It appears to be the race for Canvey Island at the moment!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    I'm aiming for Concord Rangers, so I may be reloading for a while, so Canvey will probably pop up in that space of time... It appears to be the race for Canvey Island at the moment!
    I haven't seen either and I'm still reloading.

Amateur

Tooting and Mitcham (who have been promoted with me) seem to be signing everyone at the moment. Having a good pre-season but have just had my first barney with a player I'm transfer listing.

Amateur

I haven't seen either and I'm still reloading.
    I've set myself a deadline of 12am to get them, or I'm going as FC United... so like last year, I'll end up being awake till 5am reloading

Semi Pro

I've set myself a deadline of 12am to get them, or I'm going as FC United... so like last year, I'll end up being awake till 5am reloading
    My son will probably wake me up in about 6 hours, so it won't be long before I'm turning in.

First Team Squad Member

Well have my squad sorted and am hoping this boy will fire me to glory http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...Attributes.png

Amateur

whats annoying me most right now is staff. Send an advert for coaches, get replies from youth coaches. Which is fine, but when you apply for a coach job and then will only discuss youth coach contracts or a standard coach contract with ridiculously high wage demans, its really gunna **** me off.

Amateur

Well. I've had a good pre-season with six out of six though the opposition wasn't much to write home about. First game is away to Woking and already their manager is bitching about me. Off to be now, but tomorrow this is so on! Good luck everybody.

Semi Pro

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8...rofilepers.png
    Here you go A Canvey Island save.

Amateur

You've just made midgetram VERY, VERY happy.

Semi Pro

Always remember this thread.

Semi Pro

You've just made midgetram VERY, VERY happy.
    who where what when?

Amateur

who where what when?
    Mate of mine who played as Canvey in the FM10 thread. He asked me to let him know when Canvey popped up

Semi Pro

Mate of mine who played as Canvey in the FM10 thread. He asked me to let him know when Canvey popped up
    Aaah right. Well tell him to enjoy it

Amateur

Always remember this thread.
    Any chance this could be put on the OP? ;)

Amateur

Loving the new media and opposing manager interactions, really fun going off on them.

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

On Holiday as we speak, cant wait to get going on this again,

Just have no idea who i want to be

Amateur

Talking

Finally gave up and settling for FC United. If anyone gets a Concord Rangers save, please upload it to the saves thread.

Manager Profile

Lets get this show on the road.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jsar View Post
    Holidaying as i type, got Chipenham to the premier for the last year but then got stuck in an yoyo situation and in the end gave up, might go for them if they come up again.
    Either way has to be a Sub 1000 rep team, its the only way real men play!
    got the damn holiday bug so ended up in July 1st, not the end of the world but no teams i wanted and cat reload due to the late start so trying again!

Amateur

shouldnt post when had a few beers thats a CANT not a CAT

Amateur

After 5 hours.. I gave up and settled for the lowest club I came across: Bansbury.. They got a neat logo, so it's alright.

Here we go!

Jsar: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...32#post6078532

There's a June 24th save there also

Amateur

Based on people's posts my chances of getting Windsor & Eton seem pretty slim.

Ok I'm in as the manager of Ashton Utd - And already I've got the board to agree to a feeder club and extra coaches

Amateur

Alright for some, Michael. I've got the same board, they agree to no such thing. Probably because I released players, they didnt like it and they didnt like the amount of compensation I had to pay out either ha.

Got one of my quickest goals so far, 23 seconds.
    Last edited by Satio; 06-11-2010 at 00:27.

Third Team

Have managed to get FC United save. Going to try tomorrow for a Burscough one for a bit. If not, FCUM it is. Can't now as I have to get ready to go out.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Matt6 View Post
    Based on people's posts my chances of getting Windsor & Eton seem pretty slim.
    Pretty slim to say the the least but you never know ;). Been reloading for a few hours now and only had a few under 1000

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    Pretty slim to say the the least but you never know ;). Been reloading for a few hours now and only had a few under 1000
    I really want them as they are local to me, and a good challenge considering their reputation.

Amateur

What's the lowest rep team anyone has got loaded so far?

Amateur

mine was 950, Kendal. Look at the save game thread for more save game files.

Aha, I just got a funny news item after commenting on a manager, and I quote:
    Is there life on Mars?

Speaking to a journalist from thenonleaguefootballpaper.com, current manager John Rambo insinuated that life on Mars was more likely than Nicky Law winning any trophies this season.
    When I saw the title in my news items, I got well confused.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

That's brilliant

Just won my opening league game, although a staggeringly inept linesman almost robbed us of it. At 1-1 in the second half, we swung a corner into the box, it was headed back across goal to my striker, who nodded it in. At all times from the delivery of the corner, to the header across goal, to the scoring header, Worcester had two defenders and their goalkeeper glued to the goal line, yet my striker who nodded it in was flagged offside. Luckily we picked ourselves up, got ahead in the last ten minutes and then Worcester's 'keeper gifted us a third in injury time with an own goal

Amateur

The usual squad reshape from me. 19 ins, 20 outs. Signed a few people I went to school with too, always a bit of fun.

Amateur

Chesham or Banbury I think, with 900.

Amateur

Bring it on!! Going to stick with tradition and go with Tiverton Town who were my first challenge team back in '09. Rep's a bit higher but it looks like most teams available are going to be up that end of the scale.

Lanthal Rowning, Manager.

Amateur

After viewing 1036 profiles and histories, 139 players were selected to undergo further review..... I can't wait until I have proper scouts to do the initial filtering in the future :P Now then, does anyone have some scouts I can borrow to sort through these 139? I need the best 20 or so within the week so we can get this season moving!

Amateur

After a draw and a win at the start of the season, I thought things might go well. Another four games later and I sit on no more wins, just four defeats. A re-think in strategy tomorrow.

Is it just me, or are there a lot of fouls and yellow cards being handed out?
    Last edited by Satio; 06-11-2010 at 01:39.

Amateur

Im struggling to find any decent goalkeepers

Amateur

Face pack is out for anyone who was waiting.

Amateur
    Azeroth. I'm one of the few WoW addicts who play FM just as much.....

FC United - 11/12
    David Pitt - Manager Profile

Let's get things underway!
    Last edited by evry1sfavedave; 06-11-2010 at 02:09. Reason: Date correction

Part-Timer

After a few hours and many reloads Colwyn Bay finally decided to show up.

Colwyn Bay - Large db & Top players for all Continents loaded

Amateur

Decided to have a go at this challenge this year. Don't have a clue what I'm doing as I've never managed a lower league team before so could be interesting how this turns out. Grabbed the save on the 24th so I didn't mess up the setup and decided to go with Kingstonian.

Manager Profile screenshots:
    http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...gstonian-1.png
    http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...gstonian-2.png

Amateur

You sir are a miracle worker. And now I present a new Canvey Island manager:
    http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8...rofilepers.png

Part-Timer

After trying to get prtscr to work with fn, alt and ctrl I found out it only works when FM is in window mode so I don't know why it's not working in full screen as I just get the page of the browser up. Anyone got a fix for that I would be very grateful to know.

Manager Profile

Welsh Wizard - Colwyn Bay - BSN - 2010/11 - Pre-season

Being only 35miles away and in Wales it was my first choice.

Looking at the squad improvements are needed but nice to see recognisable players like Michael Lea, ex-Man United youth player and Jon Newby, who had a brief spell at my home town club and managed 0 in 11 which was not his longest spell without a goal to say the least

Predicted to finish 22nd but told the board to expect a mid-table finish. Now to get some staff and better players. Wish me luck ;)

Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 06-11-2010 at 03:59.

Amateur

Ugh, searching for coaches took forEVER. Really hard to find someone that'll sign for the measley bucks that is still half decent...

Thankfully i got a Physio of 11 with no effort and I started with a scout.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TugSafc View Post
    Im struggling to find any decent goalkeepers
    The only 'keeper available with Tivvy at the beginning is a bloke with 17 eccentricty and that's about all he has going for him. I'm going to be trialling about 20 odd keepers I think but I reckon a pomeranian would do a better job between the sticks than what I have currently...

Amateur

Back after a season's hiatus...

Manager Profile

Once again going for the hometown club. This time instead of the mighty Witton Albion- its The Trickies (ridulously over-rated, though Im sure it won't stop me stuffing it up). Still the locals are known to be sane, considered, intelligent people- so Im sure they'll have lots of patience.

Last edited by Surferosa; 06-11-2010 at 04:44.

Amateur

FC UTD.

Going to see if I can keep up with you guys.

Good Luck.

Amateur

Here is my first good signing (well, *I* think he's good, anyways.) As far as 'keepers go he's one of the best I've seen. There's also a bloke called J Mimms who isn't half bad either.

Amateur
    AcidBurn's Continental Dominance Challenge- Churchill Brothers - Indian National League

Despite having a full-time job, a five-month old baby, and a seriously crappy laptop, I'm going to give this a go, using Welsh Wizard's Chesham save. Expect an update every four-and-a-half years...

Amateur

Tiverton Town 10/11 Pre-season

Well, we had a pretty good pre-season run to be honest. I signed a bunch of players to make the team one that will at the very least stay up but hopefully be a mid to high table contender.

The three big games we had in pre-season were to our Affiliate clubs with the following results:

2-3 Plymouth (coming back from 3-0)

3-1 Torquay

2-0 Exeter

I was already having a serious look at Ryan Limb but he sealed the deal with his cracking goal against Plymouth which he backed up with a goal and an assist in the game against Torquay and an assist via a rebound off the keeper after a brilliant breakaway run against Exeter allowing Dinsmore to score. I'm hoping for big things from him.

First game of the season was a 1-1 draw with Maidenhead and our season ticket sales are 94 up from 75.

Amateur

Tonbridge Angels here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthal View Post
    Here is my first good signing (well, *I* think he's good, anyways.) As far as 'keepers go he's one of the best I've seen. There's also a bloke called J Mimms who isn't half bad either.
    I too was looking at Mimms. But I then found this Liam O'Brien fella and he looks pretty sweet to me. And he has tonnes of potential too according to my crappy coach (didn't want to pay for a specialist scout so found a decent coach with decent scouting instead).

Tommy Amos seems like a decent find as well. 11 pace = mental in this league.

Brought Elvis Hammond is as well, who's got a Ghana cap. I actually feel sorry for the poor bloke - this has gotta be a low point in his career.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthal View Post
    Ugh, searching for coaches took forEVER. Really hard to find someone that'll sign for the measley bucks that is still half decent...

Thankfully i got a Physio of 11 with no effort and I started with a scout.
    My physio is only 6 (the physio attribute, not 6 years old ), do you reckon he's worth upgrading? He's not gonna tell me he's not good enough to fix a broken leg is he?

Amateur

O'Brien looks alright but I start to squirm when the eccentricity gets over 10. I like sane goalkeepers.

Amos looks like the business. He should prove a handful at this level.

Amateur

Default Hendon

HENDON DONS

Did this last year and loved it, so i'll get involved here this time.

Starting with Hendon(save file actual had Ashton, Hendon, and Harrow all 1000 reps)

Time to start hiring/scouting/selling/signing a bunch of players/staff. *wow physio is @15, nice*

I'd be shocked if I don't get these guys promoted this year, of course I expect to start out a bit rough.

Amateur

Yep, the Dafuge challenge is definitely back. Proof - I've just had the most nerve-wracking first game of the season since the 2010 challenge.

Altrincham v FC United
    Altrincham 1 - 0 FC United - James Sinclair (22)
    Altrincham 2 - 0 FC United - Michael Twiss (31)
    Altrincham 3 - 0 FC United - Michael Twiss (47)

Looked pretty grim, so I took Sami Ameobi off and put Omar Koroma on 50 minutes, as well as 2 other subs. This happened...

Altrincham 3 - 1 FC United - Omar Koroma (51)
    Altrincham 3 - 2 FC United - James Poole (68)
    Altrincham 3 - 3 FC United - James Poole (79)

Whilst I admire the comeback, I'd appreciate if my players did that STRAIGHT AWAY!

Semi Pro

I've still doing the reloading dance. Man this reminds me of last year where I spent 3 days reloading.

I decided against using a "public" savegame with Chippenham. I want my very own

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Don't think my strikers were at their best in my second lead game, against Blyth. 15 shots, 3 on target Took a 93rd minute goal to snatch us a point.

Amateur

I decided to start my first try at this challenge with Truro [ profile 1 , profile 2 ] . Three months ago i had a savegame with Truro i promoted them from level 7 [using SuperBladesman's great work on expanding the English league] to the Premier League when my save got corrupted enjoyed very much the time i played with them.

Semi Pro

Howarth goal

A screamer from the big man up front!! Shame its only a friendly

Amateur

Howarth goal

A screamer from the big man up front!! Shame its only a friendly
    "Take a boooow son".

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Marine has its very own Jamie Carragher impersonator. Hassan Bacchus has now scored own goals in two consecutive games, including this beauty against Alfreton. Thankfully we went on to claim the win, as late goals are so far the order or our day. In my three games so far we've had a 95th minute winner, a 93rd minute equaliser and an 87th minute winner.

Amateur

That was a cracking own goal Terk. Just magical.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by sheeshy View Post
    new PC - check.
    Weekend off - check.
    Game - ch...DAMN IT
    Holidaying now

Amateur

I'll give a published attempt at this this year ..... chosen my most local team of Matlock FC.

Hopefully I've managed the link adding bit correct at first attempt ................ ?

http://img38.imagefra.me/i3b6/voiceo..._eda_u8zfe.jpg
    Last edited by TheMadMonk; 06-11-2010 at 10:42. Reason: Didn't manage the Image link until 3rd attempt !!

Amateur

Marine has its very own Jamie Carragher impersonator. Hassan Bacchus has now scored own goals in two consecutive games, including this beauty against Alfreton. Thankfully we went on to claim the win, as late goals are so far the order or our day. In my three games so far we've had a 95th minute winner, a 93rd minute equaliser and an 87th minute winner.
    That's almost a good finish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast