+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,900 of 4347

Thread: dafuge's FM11 challenge

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    I took a decision this summer. Last year our climb up the table was down to playing really very dull football, falling into the stereotype of English football, hitting up to the big man early and exciting exactly no one. But if that's what it takes to succeed in this challenge, then I don't want it. We're going to do this by playing good football or not at all. This could all backfire spectacularly, but I'm not interested in climbing up the leagues if it means watching boring football. I want to be excited.

My prediction for this season is that we'll survive in League 2, but probably finish bottom half.
    IRL I obviously appreciate attractive footie, but nothing ever looks attractive to me in the 3D view TBH, so I'm fine with lumping it. In fact, I love lumping it in this game - which is probably my frustration of watching Arsenal over-pass it every week coming out.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by wriches View Post
    IRL I obviously appreciate attractive footie, but nothing ever looks attractive to me in the 3D view TBH, so I'm fine with lumping it. In fact, I love lumping it in this game - which is probably my frustration of watching Arsenal over-pass it every week coming out.
    I play the game in the 2D view (better for tactical analysis) and then re-watch the goals in 3D to see if any are worthy of the goal of the season.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    I play the game in the 2D view (better for tactical analysis) and then re-watch the goals in 3D to see if any are worthy of the goal of the season.
    Ah right. I've tried doing the same, as I hate the 3D. I prefer 2D, not so much for tactical analysis, but more because the 3D looks so rubbish. If you watch in 2D, you can at least imagine it more realistically in your head.

But I continue to use 3D as I can't not use something new when it's just there! Pathetic really.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by edgar555 View Post
    deadfncat: how did you use Mooney?
    Poacher I think? cant really remember.

Semi Pro

CityAndColour - Worksop Town - 2011/12 - Blue Square North

Final position: 9th

A frustrating season to say the least. Sitting 4th after 23 games, I then went eight without a win, including six without even scoring a goal. From thereon in it was a battle to find consistency, with every loss plummeting morale which made it hard to string together a good run. In particular I had a torrid time trying to set up a defence, with so many goals coming from poor positioning, lack of awareness and just general sluggishness.

I switched my approach to 'fluid' in the last month of the season and saw a big improvement in my play, and a 3-0 win at Eastwood to finish the season (and prevent them making the play-offs) gives me some hope for next season.

Best performance in the cups was making the first round of the FA Cup, where I lost away to Oxford City (after having my team decimated by injuries, suspensions and fixturing). I didn't bother to check who I would've got in the second round.

Key players

Bally Smart

My best player. Down the left or right, he created numerous chances and scored the odd one himself. Went past defenders for fun.

Thomas Gregg Lopes da Silva

Attributes-wise, he's my worst striker, behind Rene Howe, Danny Uchechi and Fabrice Otshudi, however, he seemed to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time consistently. Three of my four strikers hit double figures, while Uchechi missed large chunks with injury.

Nathan Rooney

Was solid in a deep play-making role. Central midfield was a position I struggled to get any consistency with.

-----

2011-12 - Worksop Town - 9th - Blue Square South - No achievements

-----

Anyway, have brought in some good players for next season - transfers - and also David Perkins at the end of last season, so I definitely have the squad to win the division. Have started well too, winning my first four games without conceding, scoring 11 in the process.
    Last edited by CityAndColour; 29-11-2010 at 18:08.

Part-Timer

Croydon Athletic - nPower League 1 - 2017/18

At 40-1 to win the title, the bookies didnt think we had a shot.
    The cup runs for us this year were rubbish, but we were unstoppable in the League. Consistantly beat teams bigger than me to keep within range of the playoff spots. Nearly missed out on one at the end there but snaked in.

Playoffs!
    Croydon Athletic vs Rotherham
    npower League 1 Playoff Semi Final Leg 1
    The Keith Tuckey Stadium, Thornton Heath Att: 3000
    Rotherham got off to a good start with a quick goal from Oliver Banks. We stuck in and had heaps of shots but couldnt put any away. Rory Patterson struck in the 52nd minute and Swedish import Philip Lindskog took us up three minutes later. We held on and took a 2-1 lead into the second leg

2-1

Croydon Athletic vs Rotherham
    npower League 1 Playoff Semi Final Leg 2
    Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield Att: 14889
    2 early goals to Rotherham and out we were behind already. Craig Lindfield was taken down in the box in injury time before the half and slotted it in easily. We were really down but Rory Patterson gave us some hope in the 64th when he scored a screamer. Many chances and misses later, we walked away 2nd best and watched Rotherham moved onto the next stage.

1(3)-3(4)

League Table
    League Position

FA Cup - Played Brighton again in the first round. Had a 4-2 lead at home but gave away two easy goals to make it 4-4. Lost the replay 3-0 in a bad game.
    League Cup - Out in the first round 0-2 to Bristol.
    Johnstone's Paint Tropy - Third time lucky wasnt going to be. Had a comfortable win against Hereford away but then lost 1-2 in a bad game against Southend.

Squad -

Transfers -

Key Player Profiles

Simon Locke - I need a replacement in the future. Locke does well but crumbles under pressure in the big games.

Mattia Bertelli - Getting better. Learnt English and Finishing increased. Just signed a new contract

Danny Duncan - Got the Captain's Armband this season and played great football. Scored a bunch of goals again

Mircea Bacila - Getting offers from everywhere but I'm trying to hold onto him. An amazing player but still no English!

Lucas - Cracking Brazilian AML. Scores a ton of assists but no English as well :\ speaks 3 other languages though!

Career Overview

Code:
    Season    Team                          Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      14th                    nil 
    2012/13    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      13th              FA Trophy Win
    2013/14    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South       1st              Promotion to BSP
    2014/15    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet Premier     2nd              Promotion to League 2
    2015/16    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             9th               JP Trophy Winner
    2016/17    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             3rd               JP Trophy Winner/Promotion to League 1
    2017/18    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             6th                 Playoff Semi Final Loss

I applied for a job as the Holland under 21s coach about 5 years ago. Just got a reply.
    The Board finally decided to let me upgrade something. New facilities! Now I need to find out what type of prostitute the chairman likes so I can convince him to either build a new stadium or majorly expand my old one.

Next Season

Get some more young guys in.
    Money money money. Really need this fkn stadium upgrade.
    Maybe see if I can go for a playoff spot again
    Last edited by deadfncat; 28-11-2010 at 03:22.

Part-Timer

davidbowie I think that odds are done off your team reputation.
    Maybe its like when a crap team has a good run and you KNOW its going to end soon
    :P

Amateur

Hednesford 2013-4 Update

Code:

Season         League                Finish   Other Notes
    Bradford Park Avenue
    2011/2012    Blue Square North        21st      23 League games without a win followed by 9 wins in 17 games not enough to survive.
    Hednesford
    2012/2013    Blue Square North        1st       League Champions with 5 games to spare
    2013/2014    Blue Square Premier      1st       League / Cup Double
    So, yes, I won the Blue Square Premier and the FA Trophy double.

But that was a side issue to my main focus this season. I had a monkey on my back, an axe to grind, a chip on my shoulder.

Not the relegation in my first season with Bradford PA. That’s history. I’m over it.

No, the reason that I spent the whole season angry was last year’s Manager of the Year vote.

You would think that winning the league by (I don’t remember the exact figure, but it was somewhere in the vicinity of) 200 points would have won me the recognition of my fellow managers. It did not however. I didn’t even finish in the top 3. I had to realise that my record on the pitch was insufficient. The 2013/14 season was to become

The Season of Love

As Coleridge said, ‘All men, even the most surly are influenced by affection’. I suppose I hadn’t realised what sensitive little souls my fellow managers were, but this season, I was there for them. When we thrashed them, I supplied a shoulder to cry on. When they were looking stressed on the sidelines, I gave them a shoulder massage. Brief is life, but love is long.

The upshot,

Suck my Manager of the Season trophy

Anyway, must run. I have to change my phone number to stop the annoying BSP non-entities ringing me. I don’t have time for them anymore. I’m Football League now.
    Last edited by vikeologist; 28-11-2010 at 12:54.

Part-Timer

Haha classic stuff vike. Congrats on promotion
    Im playing my second season in L1 and getting thrashed. 8 games in 5 points ;\ 0 wins

Semi Pro

Well the media have pretty much jumped on Bally Smart now, annointing that he must be stopped before the last six games now. His performances are still pretty good, but his morale has dropped to 'very poor', despite the team having won 11 of its first 13 league games.

I should pretty much sell him now, shouldn't I?

Amateur

Football Manager 2011 Season 4 Update
    Toooting & Mitcham United Season 4 League 2

so my first year in the football league and I was hoping to comfortably avoid relegation as my new signings were pretty uninspiring and not enough to push for promotion. On a positive note we made the change to a professional club and the news that we would receive £280k in tv rights meant we had a chance to get the clubs bank balance in the black

Transfers

a tad bit disapointing Danish Regen Issah Adu looked promising and Serrano a young spanish playmaker also looked ok but the other 4 were just journeymen/squad fillers

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z7t7SQBWFv.../transfers.jpg

Cups
    really bad, only progressed through one match in each before being dispatched by higher league opposition. only benefit was a record gate receipts of £60k against Oldham in FA Cup 2nd round

League

does it get closer than this?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z7t7SQBWFv...600/league.jpg

sigh 1 point.

Players

Bagshaw was the star scoring more this year then the previous 2 years combined, Donzo and Ansah-Owusu dropped due to the morale issue where they get targeted as dangermen and lose the plot. Adu was pretty decent for an 18 year old and Smith had a good year where he forced himself into the first 11.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Z7t7SQBWFv...1600/stats.jpg

next year promotion!!

Amateur

Canvey Island End of Season Summary 2015/16 - Fifth Season

Media Prediction: 17th
    Actual Position: 13th

With the good form we ended with last season and the results we got in pre-season I had high hopes of promotion this season. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way, we had the best defence in the league by a country mile, played lovely passing football that made teams jealous but we couldn't do the most important thing which is score.
    We were sitting 6th halfway through the season purely due to the inconsistent form of the teams around us, a change of formation and we were scoring but conceding more which saw us drop down to 13th after losing 6 games in a row and this is where we stayed until the end of the season.
    This was a very frustrating season with 11 red cards and conceding 9 penalties which was bound to make my blood boil.

Transfers: 15 In, 21 Out - Managed to get some money for 2 players for a change as we added £37.5k into the club coffers.

Best Performers of the season

John Coar - Was recommended by my scouts as a potential Premiership player and he turned down 22 clubs incl. Newcastle to sign for us. He was a threat throughout the season and his pace scared the life out of defenders.

Marko Maletic - Marko can be frustrating a times but I have learnt the more you play him the better he gets. Another player expected to be able to play in the Premiership one day. Scored 11 goals in 23 starts this season and will be my main striker next year.

Alan McCormack - Another good season for McCormack when the strikers don't score he will. A great playmaker whos attitude towards ref can let him down at times.

Daniel Pappoe - Signed on a free after his release from Bolton, this giant totally dominated the defence and was consistent throughout the season. Even kept my captain out the team who has been amazing the last two seasons.

Aim for Next Season:
    Clear out the deadwood
    Control the wage budget
    Another push for promotion

League Finishes
    2011/12 6th BSS
    2012/13 8th BSS
    2013/14 1st BSS
    2014/15 8th BSP
    2015/16 13th BSP

Amateur

I finished my 2015-16 season with a 12th placed finish in my first season in L1. I'm a tad gutted with that to be honest as I was 5th with 4 games to go and looking possible for a playoff place. I then went and lost 3 of the last 4, only managing a draw in the other game. I'm a bit disappointed and I really can't summon the energy to do a full season update....so I'm not doing one.

Next season? Do better

Career Overview
    Code:

Code:
    Season          League          End Position          Achievements
    2011-12          BSN                 2nd              Promotion via playoffs
    2012-13          BSP                 7th
    2013-14          BSP                 1st              BSP Champions
    2014-15          L2                  2nd              Promoted
    2015-16          L1                  12th

Another Canvey save....

I was 16th in BSS in my first season, but hopeful that my youngsters would mature and perform in 2012/13. They didn't. We finished in the same position, with the same WDL record, just a few GD better off; 16th is flattering, as we only escaped relegation on the last day. Nothing else of interest happened!

2013/14 was more encouraging. My youngsters really did start to perform, and combined with a slightly more potent strikeforce than Carl Cort(!) we had a decent season, finishing 6th. We are a hot or cold team - we had as many draws in cup competitions as in the league, where we either hammered teams or got completely out-played, with no regard to home/away or league position.

BSS league table

Our form slumped most in the new year, as players got tired from a good run in the FA Cup. We struggled through to the 4th round, only getting past Redbridge and L2 Tranmere (2 pens) without needing a replay, then got drawn to PL leaders Liverpool. Somehow managed a 0-0 at Anfield before losing 3-0 at Park Lane. Admittedly we played their invalid reserves and Spanish U14 team, but the gate receipts have made us comfortable for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Canvey finances

Unfortunately my scouts can't find anyone decent to buy, and Cedric Evina and my first-choice centre midfield pairing have got delusions of needing £500 a week and are leaving, so we might actually be worse off next season!

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Haha, good stuff, Vikeologist. Another brilliant update!

Does anyone know how I can stop my goalie from punting the ball upfield at goalkicks? He's a really good young player, but I avoid playing him because he gives the ball away so much by kicking it long where my other goalie doesn't. I just want him to knock it short to a full back or something.
    Last edited by Gypsum; 28-11-2010 at 11:50.

I don't understand how everyone does so well first season? As things stand I'd bite your arm off for avoiding relegation with my Hastings team. Annoying thing with Hastings is that at the start of the season loads of good players leave because they're unhappy, which is obviously not my fault because I wasn't manager before. See what I mean? On reading some posts in here, think I've made a mistake in not concentrating on full time contracts, now most players won't discuss a new one because they have only recently signed one. Will try in January. Also, tactics wise, don't even go there :P I've no idea this year, I'm sticking to a boring 4-4-2, big man, small man up top and just relying on advice from my assistant manager saying X, Y or Z should be closed down, tight marked, shown onto weaker foot. I've signed some really good prospects and decent players (I think) so I'm just gonna stick at it, try and stay up this season and hopefully, once the players have gelled or whatever, we can kick on from there! Any advice wouldn't go a miss, though

Amateur

I have been using a 4-5-1 formation pretty from about 1/2 way into my first season and it seems to work pretty well.
    And make sure in the match preparation that they are working on getting used to your tactic as well.
    Have found especially in the BSS and the BSP that having corners set up correctly makes a big difference as well, had a lot of goal coming from set pieces so is worth spending a little while playing with those settings
    Last edited by jsar; 28-11-2010 at 12:08.

Part-Timer

5 games left in the season and i'm sitting top of the Championship by 4 points. Yet, we're losing our lead by getting so many draws. My players need to snap out of it!

EDIT: Ah, the inverse curse worked. Beat Bolton 3-0 and eveyone played well. Refreshing!
    Last edited by Gypsum; 28-11-2010 at 12:32.

Third Team

thezogsageordie: Don't worry you aren't the only one. Admittedly i wasn't battling relegation but I've got at least another season in BSS. I'm using a bog standard 4-4-2 and its doing alright. Keep the faith mate

Part-Timer

thezogsageordie part time contracts seem like a waste of time. you might have to waste a bit more money on them to sign, but you get a lot more work out of them and more progression with training. Staff part time you may as well not bother. Scout is going to spend half his time scouting for you and the rest chatting up some bird down at the pub! At 11 on a Monday morning!
    I spent 3 seasons in the BSS trying to get my squad right. Hard work

Third Team

I wouldn't normally show off a friendly but this gives me confidence we are very much heading in the right direction. Dominating a league 2 side

Amateur

I beat Celtic 3-0, Sheff Utd 2-0 and Hearts 2-1 (aswell as wins against lower rep sides) during the course of my pre-season and I was bouncing thinking I'd do well! Lost 3-0 to Notts Co. first game out, and then scraped by Gateshead 5-3 in the LC 1st round. Recently relegated Leeds Utd at home now...anybody wanna guess the score I get whacked by? :P

EDIT: Drew 1-1, Whilst I'm happy with the score, I'm annoyed I had *4* players stretchered off.....can I swear?
    Last edited by Jaffa; 28-11-2010 at 13:17.

Amateur

People, I'm coming to play, I could not continue yesterday, several players have left the reservation, one of the owners, I'm still early in the season.

Part-Timer

Just secured automatic promotion to the Premiership with 3 games remaining, back of the net! Now to secure the top spot!

And we've won the Championship with one game remaining. After a patchy run of form, we really picked up when it mattered winning our last two games 4-0 and 3-1.
    Last edited by Gypsum; 28-11-2010 at 14:16.

Amateur

Thumbs down

A horrible pre-season by Sutton United!

- A horrible preseason. This was what the fans witnessed Sutton Utd. The results were not good. In the first game against a weak team Staines, everyone expected to win the Sutton. However, the team, too bad, succumbed and lost 1-0. Then a tougher opponent, but "weak." The reserves of Blackburn's Premier League. The team played their worst game, taking a "slap" as we say here in Brazil, losing 2-5. In the third game, we face the St. Albans. We made a lousy first half and could not react, losing 2-1. In the last game against Guiseley very weak, we could lose the game. 1-0. Balance - 4 games, 4 defeats.

HTML Code:
    http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8896/prtemporadahorrvel.png

- However, we made signings that might be useful. Check out the exits and entries below:

Amateur

Hey, for the first season, goalkeeper Sam Ashton United FC looks good, I'm about to hire him, the attribute of his output is 20 here, could be good.

Part-Timer

We did well at the end of season awards. I got manager of the year, much of my squad was in team of the year, and of course Nilmar won goal of the season. Which was a bit of a forgone conclusion when you score like this!

Third Team

CityAndColour - Nathan Rooney is indeed awesome at lower levels. Managed to get in Micheal Fornasier and Vermijl from Man Utd after they were released. Almost had Tunnicliffe too who has good Prem potential but his wages were too much. Unambitious board. >.< Most I could offer was 3300/wk and he wanted 5k. So want to buy him though if I can as I think another team snapped him up.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed and I really can't summon the energy to do a full season update....so I'm not doing one
    I thought that was a pretty decent season tbh mate! Can understand the disappointment of just missing the playoffs though, but a solid season in League 1 in just season 5 is pretty good in my book.

First Team Squad Member

AFC HORNCHURCH SEASON REVIEW 2015/16 BSP

Media Prediction: 24th

Final Posistion: 8th

Story Of The Season

Table: http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...n_Stages-2.png

Graph: http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ositions-2.png

Well what an crazy season that was! If you look at the graph you will see how up and down it was, we started off with 3 striaght wins then went 8 games without a win and looked to be involved in a real relegation scrap, however in November I had a slight tweak in me tactic, I was playing a 4-4-2 with AMR and AML but think it was found out so made it slightly narrow and dropped my MLC to DMLC and played around with certain players role's and that started an upturn in form, after a few games of players getting used to the change we went on to a 7 game win streak (club record) to shoot up the table and into play off conention. However every time we got into the playoffs we dropped points and in the end thats what cost us in our push. However with a couple of tweaks and new players I do think we can really for it next season.

CUPS
    I hate cups! move along still nothing to see

AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON

Score more, let in less. Get in slightly better players

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by thezogsageordie View Post
    I don't understand how everyone does so well first season?
    In general, I reckon you're gonna be less likely to post updates if you haven't done well. So there's probably a lot of strugglers out there who aren't posting

A couple of tips, if you don't mind:
    1. Sign loads of players. A squad size of around 30 players is essential for me in the first few seasons. You need two in every position purely because of fitness, and another 7 or 8 to cover injuries. Further, it's difficult to tell at such a low level which players will be good, so get plenty in and you can afford to discard a few. Also, players handle the media and pressure differently. With a squad of 30, it doesn't matter if you have a couple who buckle under the pressure - just drop them.
    2. Play another FM11 game or FML to play around with tactics.

Part-Timer

Gypsum's Chippenham - End of season update - 2017/18

"Nilmar from inside his own half... GOAL!!!!"

Championship
    Media prediction - 15th
    Final position - 1st / League table

We started the season strongly and never really let up as we held 1st place from the 7th game to the final one. We built up a 10 point lead near the middle of the season (this 7-3 win over Millwall being the standout result), and although that ebbed away towards the end as we had a number of draws, we always looked good for the championship.

Club information;

General squad info

Transfers

Average league attendance: 11129 (11887 capacity)

Star players;

Andre Onguene - AML - Signed as a free agent in the summer, Andre had a wonderful season for us. The former Man City prospect was sensational down the left wing for most of this campaign, with 9 goals and 21 assists to his name.

Lee Brooks - DC - Now in his third season with us, Brooks continues to improve with every season. His short injury spell towards the end of this season proved how intergral he was to this team, and he finished the campaign with a 7.34 rating.

Lee McEwan - AMR - Also in his third season with Chippenham, McEwan has matured into one of the league's most dangerous wingers. His 17 goals this season speaks volumes about his contribution to the team.

Cristian Fabbiani - ST - After a stunning debut season wih Chippenham, Fabbiani managed to repeat his success this term. His 23 goals made him the third highest scorer in the Championship and secured his place as a Chippenham fan favourite.

Goals of the season;

1 - Nilmar v Reading - You have to see it to believe it. As Chippenham defend a reading attack, the ball is cleared to Nilmar near the edge of the centre-circle in his own half. The Brazilian striker turns, sees the keeper off his line and blasts it in from well over 50 yards! Unbelieveable goal, which won the Championship Goal od the Season.

2 - Fabbiani v Leicester - A stunning 35-yard free kick blasted home by Fabbiani.

3 - Rinaldo v Southend
    - A beautiful left footed shot from well outside the area curls in off the post.

Code:
    Year                  League                           Position                                   Achievements
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12               BSS                               2nd                                       Playoff winners
    2012/13               BSP                               1st                                       FA cup 4th round
    2013/14               L2                                2nd        
    2014/15               L1                                6th                                       FA cup 6th round       
    2015/16               L1                                1st        
    2016/17               C                                 8th                
    2017/18               C                                 1st

Aims for next season;

Survival, obviously! And some level of financial stability. I'm sure the squad will need a lot of strengthening to compete at a Premiership level, so it will be interesting to see how much money we get to spend and what sort of players will be available to us. There's plenty of dead wood in the squad to get rid of now and hopefully i'll be able to replace them with young players with potential. That's the aim at least, but you never know what will happen!

Amateur

Largest ever win, shockingly as i play half a team from my ressies

Part-Timer

Think i've found a bit of a bug in the Parent/feeder club system. Even though i'm in the Premiership, and Swindon are in the Championship, they are still trying to send me players on loan!

Amateur

Gypsum: Awesome season, awesome goal.

In FM10, wasn't it the case that you could only get a new season every 20 years? In which case, you getting a new stadium at such an early stage in the game must be bad?

First Team Squad Member
    To be an Arsenal fan you have to be a masochist

I lost two games in my save so do I replay to get the same results or shall i just take the next result as I have tried replaying but I am at my 6th replay and I am not drawing I am either winning or losing.

Not losing the match but the games got lost
    Last edited by SJ234; 28-11-2010 at 21:28.

Part-Timer

Gypsum: Awesome season, awesome goal.

In FM10, wasn't it the case that you could only get a new season every 20 years? In which case, you getting a new stadium at such an early stage in the game must be bad?
    I don't know, it'll be interesting to see how it works out. I wouldn't say the new stadium was a bad thing at all though. I would assume that a new stadium would be built with a view for future expansions, if so it's not a problem.

Part-Timer

Oh, what the ****!!! Just had a crash dump and lost a load of pre-season transfers!

Phew, it wasn't as bad as I first feared as a lot of the the transfers are in negotiation. Still lost a load of scouting info though.
    Last edited by Gypsum; 28-11-2010 at 22:30.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    Oh, what the ****!!! Just had a crash dump and lost a load of pre-season transfers!

Phew, it wasn't as bad as I first feared as a lot of the the transfers are in negotiation. Still lost a load of scouting info though.
    Good to hear you didn't lose as much as first feared, still any data lost is a bad thing with this game! Trying to remember all the details etc, or just having to go through all the motions again...

Seems to be a lot of crash dumps with this years release, although I've not had one myself yet. Anyone aware of any particular reason for these, or is it unknown / unconnected events ??

Amateur

My first League 1 Season is going well, currently sitting second midway through October! Also had an amazing result in the League Cup, beating Chelsea 2-0 at home! Sadly in the next round I was defeated 4-0 by Man City, but we can forget about that one! Jake Cassidy though is a player I can only reccomend, scored 12 goals in 9 games so far, doing phenomenally

Part-Timer

Gypsum that goal was nuts!!!
    Im trying to get a new stadium but they will never fkn let me. So I'm sinking further into debt. If I hadnt sold 2 players for nearly a mil combined I'd be well into the red right now

Amateur

In general, I reckon you're gonna be less likely to post updates if you haven't done well. So there's probably a lot of strugglers out there who aren't posting

A couple of tips, if you don't mind:
    1. Sign loads of players. A squad size of around 30 players is essential for me in the first few seasons. You need two in every position purely because of fitness, and another 7 or 8 to cover injuries. Further, it's difficult to tell at such a low level which players will be good, so get plenty in and you can afford to discard a few. Also, players handle the media and pressure differently. With a squad of 30, it doesn't matter if you have a couple who buckle under the pressure - just drop them.
    I actually disagree with this. You should have a few at least usable players already on your squad at the start. You should be able to get a decent scout(s), and not all players attributes are 100% hidden so you can do a bit(see: A LOT) of weeding out yourself to try and find players to fit your scheme. Like if you use a poacher forward you can just go to the free agent screen and do a search for something like At Least 13 pace. Then you scout those guys and see who has a higher finishing attribute and sign one or two of those guys. And just find a few more important attributes for your other players. Remember it is your job to put your players in a position to succeed, and your job to find players that fit your system. The first few seasons are just a complete grind. Now go out, attack the league full bore, and get that promotion you deserve.

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

FC United of Manchester
    Season 5 - 2015/16 – Championship
    Preseason - Media Prediction: 21st
    Reaching The Promised Land

Club Info

We’re not predicted too well this season. 21st in fact. Didn’t stop me from trying to overachieve though. The board wanted to avoid relegation, and I went for mid-table.

The Season

Quite a successful season. Didn’t start off particularly well, but the squad gelled perfectly. Andy Carroll and Carlton Cole were utter beasts up front. Great FA Cup run. The only downsides were our League Cup run and finances.

FA Cup

FA Cup 3rd Round | FA Cup 4th Round | FA Cup 5th Round

FA Cup 6th Round | FA Cup 6th Round Replay | FA Cup Semi Final

FA Cup Final

The League

Playoff Semi Final (1) | Playoff Semi Final (2)

Playoff Final

Championship Table | Position Graph

Transfers | Squad

Confidence | Finances

League Awards

Championship Manager of the Year
    Jordan Swinburn

FC United Awards

Fan's Player of the Year
    Andy Carroll

Top Scorer
    Andy Carroll
    29 goals in 51 games. The winner of Carroll v Cole. Absolutely instrumental in our promotion. He quickly became a fan favourite and scored some very, very important goals. Pretty much the star of the show.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)
    Getting to the FA Cup final and only losing on pens.

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)
    Andy Carroll
    See above.

Goal of the Season (Decided by Midgetram)
    3rdUriarte v Newcastle
    2ndFabio v Norwich
    1stCohen v Newcastle

Next Season
    Once again, stay up and attempt to overachieve. Bring some good guys in and strengthen for another European run. Main priority is to get Uriarte in permanently.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12         Blue Square North         4th           Promoted – Playoffs
    2012/13         Blue Square Premier       5th           Promoted – Playoffs
    2013/14         League 2                  1st           Promoted – Champions/FA Cup Winners
    2014/15         League 1                  3rd           Promoted – Playoffs
    2015/16         Championship              4th           Promoted – Playoffs
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 29-11-2010 at 00:32.

Amateur

Can anyone get on to my Squad and Position Graph links?
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 29-11-2010 at 01:11.

Part-Timer

jordanswinburn congrats good season. Links work for me

Anyone know what would cause this with a name? Am I missing a font pack or something?

Third Team

Well you labelled them wrong.

Highlights of the game which won me the BSP.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Well you labelled them wrong.[/URL]
    They're all right. For me, the Position Graph takes me to one of those TalkTalk "Sorry, the page you were looking for cannot be found" pages. The Squad one takes me to http://photobucket.com/findstuff/?httpstatus=404 :S

Part-Timer

Having made the prem and we have changed our style of play to a more attractive way. More flair in the team etc. Even the defenders are scoring overhead kicks.
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 29-11-2010 at 01:11.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    They're all right. For me, the Position Graph takes me to one of those TalkTalk "Sorry, the page you were looking for cannot be found" pages. The Squad one takes me to http://photobucket.com/findstuff/?httpstatus=404 :S
    Work for me but labelled wrong.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deadfncat View Post
    jordanswinburn congrats good season. Links work for me

Anyone know what would cause this with a name? Am I missing a font pack or something?
    Cheers, good Sir.

Isn't that the long lost letter Zog?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    Work for me but labelled wrong.
    Which ones?

Nevermind... found it.

Part-Timer

Croydon Athletic - nPower League 1 - 2018/19

At 40-1 to win the title, the bookies didnt think we had a shot.
    Not a very good season and im not 100% sure why. Oh well back to the drawing board and lets see what we can do for next season.
    Only decent thing to happen all season really was a League Table
    League Position

FA Cup - Really tough game against BSP Corby in the first round then an easy win at home to Macclesfield which the team really needed. Going into the third round we got lucky and drew BSP Tamworth, Only to go down 0-2
    League Cup - Did pretty well here I thought, until we drew Stoke and didn't even get the luxury of a home game. I thought we played excellently against a solid Premier League team
    Johnstone's Paint Tropy - Bad Bad Bad

Squad - From early the next season so Chitti and Kamasz are gone.

Transfers - Picked up Ryan Chitti from Corby and Dimitri Kamasz pretty cheap and they were insanely good. Dunno what going going on and Tottenham offered me insane money for them both, which I coudln't turn down.Also Signed another Romanian to help score goals

Key Player Profiles

Simon Locke - Started to let in a few this season. He won't be here next season

Mattia Bertelli - Getting better. Will be the first alternate of the strikers, depending on what formation I play

Danny Duncan - Excellent as always and I'm currently telling everyone to get lost as he is mine

Mircea Bacila - Still great and helping my Romanians learn English. Somehow I have 4 of them now lol!

Lucas - Doing pretty well. Learnt Basic English and seems to score more goals now. Maybe he is better at sledging the keeper?

Career Overview

Code:
    Season    Team                          Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      14th                    nil 
    2012/13    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      13th              FA Trophy Win
    2013/14    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South       1st              Promotion to BSP
    2014/15    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet Premier     2nd              Promotion to League 2
    2015/16    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             9th               JP Trophy Winner
    2016/17    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             3rd               JP Trophy Winner/Promotion to League 1
    2017/18    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             6th                 Playoff Semi Final Loss
    2018/19    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             13th                  nil

Still no Stadium upgrade and as you can see, we really need it.
    Apparently the board tried to expand the stadium last season without me asking and it was denied by the stupid Croydon council. WHO DO I HAVE TO PAY OFF AROUND HERE????

Look what lowly team got into the BSS

Next Season

As I'm writing this I am already 5 games into the new season. I was tired and grumpy last night and didnt want to do it after a bad bad season.
    I have got some new players in and sold the 2 big namers, but they were only here for 6 months anyway.
    I want to have a shot at promotion this season and try and win either the JPT again or get high in the FA Cup.
    We REALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY need a new stadium. Have played 4 regular season games so far this season and sold every seat at all of them so far :\

Amateur

I'm playing now (I finished playing) and everything is difficult. Dolinajec is the better team but the team lost two and won one, we're at 16, the four positions of relegation. But since I came to be in 20th place.

Third Team

Bolton are willing to offload a Championship quality striker to me but his wage demands are too much. Want his wages upped by times 6 to drop two divisions.

Amateur

Part-Timer

Cheers, good Sir.

Isn't that the long lost letter Zog?
    Its just annoying because It looks dumb and he is one of my better players

Part-Timer

Just played my ninth game of the season and got my first win :\
    I dont know what it is about the League 1 but it kicks my butt

Part-Timer

Just played my ninth game of the season and got my first win :\
    I dont know what it is about the League 1 but it kicks my butt

Amateur

Started this challenge with Sutton United, will post updates of how I get on. Signed a ton of players on frees so far, going to play an attacking 4-4-2. Hopefully I can avoid relegation and show a bit of potential.

Part-Timer

_Shift Welcome to the challenge and good luck

Semi Pro

Now the media have stated my other winger is the player to stop.

League leader in assists, MOTM awards and average rating, not to mention a 10-point lead at the top of the table, yet his morale immediately drops to very poor.

Just ridiculous.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Breno dos Santos View Post
    I'm playing now (I finished playing) and everything is difficult. Dolinajec is the better team but the team lost two and won one, we're at 16, the four positions of relegation. But since I came to be in 20th place.
    Breno, It's nice to have a Brazilian fellow-mamanger. I don't know what Dominajec is. Is it Michal Dolinajec?

I thought maybe it was a translation. In China (where I live) there are real problems with translating foreign names, because the sounds don't really exist here. For instance Hednesford (my club) would be 赫德内斯福德 which you'd pronounce Hè dé nèi sī fú dé.

We love you Hè dé nèi sī fú dé, we do. (popular song sung on football terraces in the UK)

I think I'll stick to English.

Breno (still). Have you ever taken a club from the bottom to the top in the Brazilian leagues. It's really tough, because there are about a hundred clubs in the third tier, and only 4 of them get promoted. I did it, but only because I started off with the biggest reputation club in the third tier, and it still took me 3 years because the 16 group winners and runners up go into a cup, and only the semi-finalists get promoted. Doing it with a newly promoted team, as with this challenge, would be a nightmare.

Don't give up. You won't miss the beautiful women, steak, sunshine, carnivals, sexy dancers, wonderful scenery and coffee forever.
    Last edited by vikeologist; 29-11-2010 at 09:50.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by The_shocker7 View Post

Amazing result!

Are you an MMA fan?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deadfncat View Post
    Its just annoying because It looks dumb and he is one of my better players
    You asked in the bugs section?

Part-Timer

Just got another pre-season crash dump. Only lost a pre-season friendly this time, but i've never had two this close before.

Part-Timer

You asked in the bugs section?
    Haha didn't even think about it. Been too busy playing this and moving house.
    I just got here and the internet that has been connected here is 18mbit adsl and its always been painfully slow. I ****ed about with it all day and couldnt work out wtf was wrong with it.
    There was no filter on the cable tv box line. DONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    full speed again now can upload full res pics etc. woohoo

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    CityAndColour - Nathan Rooney is indeed awesome at lower levels.
    He's a gem - changed his role to a box to box midfielder on support setting and he's been superb. His ratings are probably good enough for L2, although poor physicals may prevent him having an impact any higher up. Still, he's only 20 and I have him on a full time contract, so there's room for improvement. Plus an influence rating of 16 tends to mean when he plays well, the team follows.

Also seems to score quite a few belters from range.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by The_shocker7 View Post

Did you have to do it against my beloved Bristol Rovers?

Part-Timer

Sure did! I hate Bristol, they kick my butt all the time :\

Amateur
    A small hole outside Dublin called Blessington

Finally got a game of this going. I've gone with Ashton United.

I've managed to bring in some decent players including experienced set piece magician Darren Barnard. Should have enough to stay around mid-table and build for a bright future at Hurst Cross

Amateur

The team has played seven games in Blue Square South. I play very slowly, so the delay (half hour is a game). So far my performance is 3 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses, and I'm in 12th place. The team will face Lewes, companion split in the FA Cup My greatest challenge is to increase team morale, and Michal Dolinajec been playing well and can help the team. We have suffered eight goals and nine goals. We can still improve.

Part-Timer

Fitzaay Good Luck! Cant support you though, I hate all teams who are Red/White in any sport
    :P

Part-Timer

Sitting third in the Premiership. Easy, easy, easy!

...ok, so it's only after one game, but it was a good 2-0 win over Burnley. The small issue of travelling to Man Utd up next!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by pickemgenius View Post
    I actually disagree with this. You should have a few at least usable players already on your squad at the start. You should be able to get a decent scout(s), and not all players attributes are 100% hidden so you can do a bit(see: A LOT) of weeding out yourself to try and find players to fit your scheme. Like if you use a poacher forward you can just go to the free agent screen and do a search for something like At Least 13 pace. Then you scout those guys and see who has a higher finishing attribute and sign one or two of those guys. And just find a few more important attributes for your other players. Remember it is your job to put your players in a position to succeed, and your job to find players that fit your system. The first few seasons are just a complete grind. Now go out, attack the league full bore, and get that promotion you deserve.
    I wasn't suggesting to disregard attributes, of course they're the most important thing in a player (although I wouldn't be looking for pace in a Poacher too much). But the lower the player's ability, the more a hidden stat is going to hinder them. Or it maybe not even a hidden stat - you may just handle a private chat or press conference badly. And secondly, the majority of people are used to playing with top teams - particularly people who are new to the challenge, such as the person I was advising. When you're used to looking at players with 16+ everywhere, it can make it harder to differentiate between good and bad players in the lower leagues.

Now starting, cant get my screenshot to work but going for Truro City My Local team

Third Team

Absolutely wriches, my biggest struggle first season was figuring out how good is good at this level.

Amateur

My problem is always that by the time I get to league football and see all those glowing 10+ ratings I lose my mind and overpay middling players....

Amateur

Last game of the season as Truro, 2nd in the Blue Square Premier, 3 points behind leaders Bournemouth. I gain a 4-2 victory, but they manage a 2-1 win over Macclesfield, so it's the play-offs for me. 2nd time in 3 seasons.

If it was any other season, I'd have gone up. Bournemouth finished with 100 points. 97 for me.

Semi Pro

CityAndColour - Worksop Town - 2012/13 - Blue Square North

Final position: 1st

Probably the most dominant season I've had on any version of the game. After making really only two changes to my tactic - changing the team's philosophy to 'fluid' and changing a central midfielder from a DLP to a B2B - we played some stunning football. Kicking off the season with a 5-0 win at Bury Town, we won 23 of our first 30 games to open up an unassailable lead, and despite the usual dip in form when trying to officially clinch the title, we still won 30 of our 42 league games.

The football itself was just outstanding. Slick passing, incisive runs and lethal final balls delivered plenty of goals, while dominance in the middle of the park meant my defence was not left with a lot of work. Most goals I conceded came from corners or free-kicks from wide areas.

Lost in the FA Cup fourth round of qualifying to Chesterfield, while lost in the fourth round of the FA Trophy to Histon.

I was named Manager of the Season.

Key players

Bally Smart / Jeffrey Monakana

Absolute dominance from my two first-choice wingers. Smart notched up 20 assists to lead the league, while Monakana ran a close second with 17, also throwing in 12 goals, 11 MOTM awards and the league's best average rating. Far too good for this level and they toyed with most defences.

Monakana also won the league Player of the Season award.

Thomas Gregg Lopes da Silva / Rene Howe / Gary O'Shea

Lopes da Silva is just a natural goal-scorer. He doesn't really create, he doesn't really get involved in the build-up play, but he is always in the right place at the right time. Played a lot of his football off the bench but still repeated his performance as top scorer.

Howe played the deeper role and still had a very good season with eight assists to go with his 16 goals. O'Shea also scored 13 with 10 assists, as all three strikers had good campaigns.

Craig Campbell / Derek Niven

Campbell, picked up after being released by Ipswich, slowly worked his way into the first team until he was a fixture at the end, as Rooney tapered off. Seven goals a great return as well, while my skipper Niven was very consistent, despite picking up a lot of bookings.

Patrick Ada / Adrian Manchester / Jake Bidwell

Ada and Manchester formed a very good central pairing, while former Everton junior Bidwell was better than his rating suggests at left-back. The first season on FM11 I've been able to get any sort of defensive consistency, although dominating possession so much probably had a lot to do with that.
    -----

2011-12 - Worksop Town - 9th - Blue Square South - No achievements
    2012/13 - Worksop Town - 1st - Blue Square South - Champions

-----

I'm not sure whether the fluid approach worked just because I had the best squad in the division, and may falter in the BSP, but there's only one way to find out. Monakana and Smart should continue to play well at the next level, and my strikers and midfield are certainly good enough, so it will probably just be a case of keeping what I've got and adding a couple more defenders. If I can start well I don't think a play-off spot is out of the question.

Gilles Sunu was signed right at the end of the season, which gives me four good strikers and another option down the right.

Amateur

Sitting third in the Premiership. Easy, easy, easy!

...ok, so it's only after one game, but it was a good 2-0 win over Burnley. The small issue of travelling to Man Utd up next!
    Enjoy it, it doesn't last. I'm currently sitting in 19th place, albeit a game behind, on 9 points... despite drawing the first game against Liverpool 2-2 and the next game against Arsenal 0-0. Other than my other draw to Fulham (which was an incredible comeback from 2-0 down), I've lost every other game since my last two. 2-1 against West Ham and 4-1 against Aston Villa (Keirrison was AWESOME)

In Europe however, it's not so bad. Lost the first game 2-1 to Rubin, beat Trabzonspor and Vit. Setubal 2-1 and just drew 1-1 with Vit. Setubal. Sitting quite nicely in 2nd place with 7 points.

Amateur

Lost in Play-off Semi Finals. Absolutely gutted, facing 3rd season in BSP.

Semi Pro

I haven't been posted here for a while but I am still ongoing with Chippenham. Currently we are 1st in BSS after 33 matches.

Third Team

I'm into the final of the FA Trophy after a great win away at Cambridge! I just wish we'd been as good in the BSS, as we're 99% likely to face a 4th season there. Although this cup run will help our finances.
    Last edited by Anti Spiral; 29-11-2010 at 19:21.

Part-Timer

Enjoy it, it doesn't last. I'm currently sitting in 19th place, albeit a game behind, on 9 points... despite drawing the first game against Liverpool 2-2 and the next game against Arsenal 0-0. Other than my other draw to Fulham (which was an incredible comeback from 2-0 down), I've lost every other game since my last two. 2-1 against West Ham and 4-1 against Aston Villa (Keirrison was AWESOME)

In Europe however, it's not so bad. Lost the first game 2-1 to Rubin, beat Trabzonspor and Vit. Setubal 2-1 and just drew 1-1 with Vit. Setubal. Sitting quite nicely in 2nd place with 7 points.
    Well I lost 4-1 to Man Utd, then drew 1-1 with Fulham, lost 2-0 to Arsenal and beat Everton 4-2. The only disappointing performance so far is the latter part of the Man U game, so it's not looking too bad. But I think the second half of the season will be the real challenge once injuries and suspensions begin to pile up.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by austinmackay View Post
    My problem is always that by the time I get to league football and see all those glowing 10+ ratings I lose my mind and overpay middling players....
    Haha. I think I'm suffering from that issue right now in League 2.

Amateur

Well I lost 4-1 to Man Utd, then drew 1-1 with Fulham, lost 2-0 to Arsenal and beat Everton 4-2. The only disappointing performance so far is the latter part of the Man U game, so it's not looking too bad. But I think the second half of the season will be the real challenge once injuries and suspensions begin to pile up.
    I've slipped into 18th after losing 3-1 to Everton. Bad times.

Semi Pro

I can think of worse ways to start life in a new division.

Part-Timer

Ah, come on!!! Was just cruising to a 1-0 win over Aston Villa at home, then in the 95 minute they hit a cross in, it's going straight to my keeper who is completely unchallenged... AND HE FUMBLES IT, only for their striker to turn it in. Such a good team performance too, what a shame.

But, in better news, we dominated the first Young player of the month awards, all 3 guys from Chippenham. The brilliant Lee Brooks won it, and the other two were my new signings. Love it when the young players do well.
    Last edited by Gypsum; 29-11-2010 at 20:42.

Amateur

Just drew 1-1 with Spurs and 1-1 with United. Lavly

Chelsea next though. In other news, I've been offered the Burnley job. 15m transfer budget. REJECT.

Amateur

My first Job Offer rather than speculation

Amateur

OH YES! FC United 3 - 2 Chelsea!

2-0 down, then Keirrison scores 2 to equalise. 89th minute winner from Jordan Henderson. OH YES.

Third Team

After 3 seasons and about 12 board room meetings...they've finally let us have a parent club! woohoo

Semi Pro

With 10 matches to go, I've just won BSS. I will see if I can start the build for next season already.

Amateur

Just beat Luton in the FA Cup 2nd round, and have drawn Everton at home for the 3rd round

Stupid PC crashed, and now i have Wigan. Luckily for me experience has told me to save after every game!! Really didnt fancy replaying the Luton game as it was defiantly luck not judgment that had got me through!
    Last edited by jsar; 29-11-2010 at 21:36. Reason: crashing PC

Third Team

Finished 17th in the BSS, not sure I can be bothered to do a write up this season

Amateur

Another Keirrison hat trick! First was against Aston Villa, this one against WBA. He's already scored 3/4 goal of the season contenders.

Amateur

I think my Kendal team have started to hit their stride now... just awesome!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    Finished 17th in the BSS, not sure I can be bothered to do a write up this season
    Hang in there, sometimes you just can't get the luck to run your way mate! Post it up, and I'm sure some of these guys (and gals?) might be able to give you some pointers if you'd like.

Try to take apart the season in the details - what actually went wrong? Tactically outclassed? Trying something too fancy? Too simple? Wrong kind of players? Leaking goals? Not scoring enough? Lots and lots of questions you need to ask to try and pin-point exactly how to turn it around. In the end, it will make you a better manager as your understanding of the game's dynamics increases.

Amateur

Another Keirrison hat trick! First was against Aston Villa, this one against WBA. He's already scored 3/4 goal of the season contenders.
    Class act eh?! Hope you have a good backup just in case, last thing you want to become is a one-man team. Not that I'd wish that on anybody, hopefully all will continue well!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by naylinski View Post
    Class act eh?! Hope you have a good backup just in case, last thing you want to become is a one-man team. Not that I'd wish that on anybody, hopefully all will continue well!
    Don't need to worry about backups I have John Guidetti, Andy Carroll, Carlton Cole, Alex Nimely and our record signing Francisco Javier Uriarte

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast