+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,600 of 4347

Thread: dafuge's FM11 challenge

Amateur

Congrats on promotion KLH84. The young keeper (Tim Flower's son) looks brilliant.

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Hastings Utd
    Season 2 - 2012/13 – Blue Square Premier
    Prediction - 24th
    Actual - 4th

Going into the season i was expecting a season of struggle and was hoping for survival and not much beyond that, I kept the ins and outs to a lower level than the previous year but we still did some good business, We started out poorly, and after about 20 games we were sat in 20th Place and it looked like a long hard season was instore.

But, our form began to pick up and we found ourselves within touching distance of the play offs with about 15 games remaining, we needed to close a gap of about 7 pts to last Play Off Place. I thought that this would be just to far out of our reach and over the next few weeks it became increasingly frustrating as we hit our best form of the season but struggled to make up the ground as the teams around us were matching us point for point and we couldnt reel them in.

Then with about 8 games to go, things started to go our way, we began to climb the table until we claimed our 1st weekend in the play off places after 40 games gone.

So 6 games left and needed to retain our form and stay in with a shout, needless to say we then lost our next game and drew the next to fall back to 7th,

It all came down to the last game of the season, 2 Play Off spots already filled and the other 2 could be filled by any 2 teams from 5, we needed a win big time,

90 minutes later and after a 2 - 0 away win over Kettering, we had secured 4th Spot and a crack at the Play Offs.

Stevenage awaited in the Semi's and this proved fairly straightforward, 0 - 0 at home in the first leg had me a little worried, but we came out fighting in the 2nd and a 2 - 1 victory sent us to Wembley.

The Final against Macclesfield was a tense affair, we bossed the game but just couldnt find that finishing touch, 90 mins came and went and still it was 0 - 0,

Extra Time was a none event as both teams tired and so to Penalties, Where Adam Street wrote his Name in Hastings History, 3 consecutive Penalty Saves from macclesfields first 3 kicks took the pressure of the lads as they stroked home all 3 of our kicks to take a 3 - 0 victory in the Shoot Out, Cue crazy celebrations and the realisation we were in the football league,

Two consecutive promotions, but now the hard work really starts

Blue Square Premier Table
    League Position Graph
    Transfers
    Squad
    Finances

The Cups provided some light relief and we managed to get to the 3rd round of the FA Cup and a home draw with Wolves, never really threatened an upset as we were dispatched 2 - 0 but the TV Revenue was very useful

Top Players

Strangely, Not one player really stood out, was certainly a team effort, but mentions are needed for the solid spine of the team that got us there

Adam Street - GK - Solid All Season, Capped by Canada and save 3 Penalties in the Play Off Final Shoot Out

Elton Monteiro - A Rock at the Back, Came into his own in the run in

Jamie Edge - Solid Defensive Midfielder stuck his foot in and passed it simple

Reece Hands - The Silk to Edge's Steel, Deep Lying Playmaker, got better as the season got older

Nikola Saric - Top Scorer, but very hot and cold, Also suffered with injuries through out the season which really stopped him from getting going

Next Season

Aim for next season can be summed up in one word - Survive

Career Overview

Code:

Season League League Finish Achievements

2011/12 Blue Square South 1st Promoted/Champions 2012/13 Blue Square Premier 4th Promoted/Play Off Winners

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on promotion, PVentress

My season update will be coming soon.

Amateur

edindzeko's Bradford Park Avenue - Blue Square Premier - Season 2012/2013

Season Summary
    Media Prediction : 24th
    Actual Finish: 1st (League Table)
    FA Cup: 3rd Round
    FA Trophy: Semi Final

WE ARE UP...AGAIN! And not only up, but as champions too! Quite simply, unbelievable Jeff! We made another slow start, fast becoming a trademark, but we kept on being able to grind out 1 goal wins, with some excellent performances mixed in too. I strengthened the team considerably from last year, a lot of dead wood thrown out, and some exciting youngsters signed. Keeping the same 433 paid off, I don’t know what it is but so far it’s been virtually unbeatable! And we managed to cut out the concession of winning positions to draws, simply by losing more instead, but am slightly concerned by our disciplinary record - 117 yellow cards. Decent FA Cup run again, ended by Championship Newcastle, and my reserves fell at the penultimate hurdle in the FA Trophy. Still, can hardly complain about this season.

Squad : Around 20 in on free transfers and 35 out. Dundalk did us a large favour by buying several for a total of 100k. Having made a loss of 150k last year, decided to keep wages down, so finances are ok. Superstars of the year were:

Nikola Saric (Scored 18 in 40, 29 ASSISTS!!!, Av Rat 7.45) Wow. Just wow. Heaven knows where I’d be without my talismanic Bosnian striker. Scored or created 47 goals in 40 appearances. Incredible.
    Davide Somma (Scored 30 in 42, Av Rat 7.35) Was a little surprised that he chose to join us in the BSP, but was a revelation playing as target man. Finished top goal scorer.
    Thomas Bendiksen (Av Rat 7.24 in 43) The Norwegian chose us over Championship Hull. Fantastic deep lying playmaker, ran the midfield.

Awards:
    Top Goalscorer: Davide Somma (30 in 42)
    Highest Av Rat: Nikola Saric (7.45 in 40)
    Most Assists: Nikola Saric (29 in 40)
    And a 2nd consecutive manager of the season award for me

And now, the awards for the unsung, or simply rubbish players of the year:

The Joey Barton Award for Worst Discipline: Krisztian Timar. What is it with my captains’ penchants for red cards? 3 for the season was quite impressive.
    The Owen Hargreaves Award for Worst Injury Record: Vincent Pericard, for snapping his achilles and putting him out for 6 months. Although as you will see below, maybe not the worst thing to happen...
    The Ade Akinbiyi Award for Most Useless Player: Vincent Pericard. Two goals in 16 before aforementioned snappage led to a boot out the door in January.
    The Juninho Pernambucano Award for Best Name: Oguzhan Ozyakup. Shame that his performances couldn’t match the quality of name, leading to sale in January.
    The Edin Dzeko Award for Biggest Legend of the Year: Only one contender this year, Nikola Saric. Simply for his amazing contribution to the team, and hopefully for future seasons too. Quick mention too for Omar Koroma, now icon-status for the club, who chipped in with another 7 goals.

So, after two whirlwind seasons, the football league is sure to be a big step up. I hope we can adapt to the changes, but the focus for next year is most definitely survival. Wish me luck!

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Cheers Terk

Hoping to hear some similar good news from you in the near Future

Amateur

On a side note - when/if you feel your players arent training 100% as they should be -> private chat -> development -> training level -> you need to step up your level of ..... ---- then BOOM - watch their stats increase

Amateur

Congrats KLH84, PVentress and edin-dzeko. Hopefully I can emulate your BSP success in my second season.

I'm still in May after my first season (season 1 review on page 15) and I'm struggling with wage demands.

I have 200k in the bank thanks to winning the FA Trophy and in mid-May I asked the board for a higher wage budget, and they bumped it from 3.9k to 4.3k, which is rubbish! Will they re-assess at the end of June/July or something?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dons View Post
    On a side note - when/if you feel your players arent training 100% as they should be -> private chat -> development -> training level -> you need to step up your level of ..... ---- then BOOM - watch their stats increase
    Cool, I hadn't tried that.

Do you ever get a bad reaction from them? At this low level, I'm relying on good free transfers for success so I'm not too bothered about training levels tbh. Once I reach League 1 and am struggling for cash, training good youngsters will be important though I reckon.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by wriches View Post
    Cool, I hadn't tried that.

Do you ever get a bad reaction from them? At this low level, I'm relying on good free transfers for success so I'm not too bothered about training levels tbh. Once I reach League 1 and am struggling for cash, training good youngsters will be important though I reckon.
    Had bad reaction a few times, but rarely. Players do know if they trained well or not (player -> training -> training levels) Should they state, they disagree and they have trained well - telling them, that they need to remember you pick the team, does the trick

Amateur

Congrats KLH84, PVentress and edin-dzeko. Hopefully I can emulate your BSP success in my second season.

I'm still in May after my first season (season 1 review on page 15) and I'm struggling with wage demands.

I have 200k in the bank thanks to winning the FA Trophy and in mid-May I asked the board for a higher wage budget, and they bumped it from 3.9k to 4.3k, which is rubbish! Will they re-assess at the end of June/July or something?

Thanks man, and very best of luck in the BSP

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Damn Christmas fixture congestion is a pain in the arse!

Amateur

Congrats to all those who gained promotion while I was away! Welcome to all of the newcomers to the challenge!

wriches: you should be able to re-adjust your wage balance on june 25th, the official start of the next season. Congrats on winning the FA trophy, I think you might be the first this year to win that one.

jodans: nice cup run.... but you were knocked out in the 4th round which sorta ruins your game for me sorry

Part-Timer
    Ramos - Manager of the Psychotic Teddy Bears

Just took the manager's job at Leamington and after just a week there was a very quick board takeover. The skinflints naturally didn't invest!

Well I have the week off work so it had to be done.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    now i have a picture of 22 turkeys running around on a pitch after corn thanks!..

Amateur

I must be a bit odd, I love the Christmas period. Typically by then I've already managed to get knocked out of all the cups so fixture congestion for me isn't to bad :P Everyone else still has horrible fixture congestion so I can use my rested players to move up a few spots!

Amateur

2nd season in with Evesham United.

Just got them promoted from the BSP. League 2 football here we come!

Finished 3rd, but ended up winning the playoffs 8-2 in semis and 2-0 in final vs Newport Co. Scored 122 goals this season, though gave up 72.

Montano had 44 for me.

Low rep Evesham United with their 600 now in League 2! We also made it to the FAT final where we lost 3-1.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by timers View Post
    2nd season in with Evesham United.

Just got them promoted from the BSP. League 2 football here we come!

Finished 3rd, but ended up winning the playoffs 8-2 in semis and 2-0 in final vs Newport Co. Scored 122 goals this season, though gave up 72.

Montano had 44 for me.

Low rep Evesham United with their 600 now in League 2! We also made it to the FAT final where we lost 3-1.
    Congrats! But where are all the screen shots of the progress?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Marine FC
    2012-13
    Blue Square Premier

Leauge
    My aim in our first season up was obviously to simply avoid relegation; however, we began well with a 3-0 win over AFC Wombles. We bounced around for a long time between the lower play-off places and upper mid-table (we never dropped lower than 11th) but after we'd got over the effects of the forum curse, we climbed in style. The second half of the season saw us string together a few runs of six or so games unbeaten, and our home form in particular was outstanding, second only to league winners Grimsby.

The play-off picture had been tight through most of the season, but as Grimsby pulled away we held our place in the top five, and should have secured second place in the league, but an 89th minute equaliser from York on the last day of the season allowed Hartlepool to overtake us.

That meant a play-off semi final against Crawley, who had beaten us 3-2 in both our league meetings over the season. We played brilliantly in the first leg, coming away from their place with a 2-0 win, but managed to throw it away at home, nerves getting the better of us as we put in an abject performance and got our asses handed to us. Crawley went on to beat Hartlepool 3-0 in the final and book their place in League 2.

League Positions Graph

Cups
    I wanted to throw myself into the cups this season, as I know from experience with Canvey that a good run, particularly in the FA Cup, can be a financial life saver. We got into the second round and grabbed a tie at St Mary's against Southampton. We lost the match 6-0, but more importantly we made in the region of £200,000 from the gate receipts, money which was very welcome and put us firmly back in the black.

I wanted to take a stab at winning the FA Trophy, and we whipped both FC Halifax and AFC Telford before coming up against Mansfield in the second round and losing 2-1 at Field Mill.

Transfers
    Another season of plenty in and plenty out, we made a couple of significant sales (Christian Montano and Neil Byrne) that helped us financially. I was pleased with the capture of some players released by Premier League clubs, namely Cedric Evina and Charni Ekangamene whilst the late season signings of Kevin Amankwaah and Exodus Geohaghan got us through a little period of injury worry as squeaky-bum time hit.

Terkleton's Top 5 Players
    5. Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu - Last year he finished 2nd on this list, and he perhaps would have finished higher this time around had he not suffered with a few niggling injuries, or the form of Charni Ekangamene. Played an important role in the side whilst Bagshaw was out injured and proved he remains a good goalscorer even at a higher level than the BSN. Earned his contract extension for next season.

4. Andy Parry - Same place as last year for the goalscoring defender. He sat out the first few games as Patrik Poór got his chance, but Parry soon got his opportunity and became the first choice in our back line. Suffered a bit from yellow card fever (15 bookings in a season is too many, and he'll miss the first three games of next season because of it) but his prowess in the air was required as we tended to get caught out down the flanks this season and we needed someone good enough to challenge opposition forwards.

3. Charni Ekangamene - Didn't score for about his first twelve or thirteen games in the side, but the former Man Utd youngster eventually did find the net and then couldn't stop. Forced Ndumbu-Nsungu out of the side and struck up an excellent partnership with Callum Bagshaw, but also showed himself to be the king of the solo goal, on three or four occasions this season taking a ball thirty or so yards from goal, dribbling into the penalty area and then guiding a shot past the 'keeper. Clearly the Lionel Messi of the Blue Square Premier.

2. Sofiane Zaaboub - A player with plenty of experience, we picked him up after Southend released him and we never regretted it. A few had expressed concerns that he tends to be a bit outspoken, but he was nothing other than a gentleman and his assist count shows how crucial he was in our play. We played a lot on the counter attack this season, hitting sides fast on the break and he was a great help, often sliding in the perfect ball for Bagshaw or Ekangamene. His ability to play well on the right flank and cut inside also gave us another option to change things about.

1. Callum Bagshaw - There was never any doubt. He is a real confidence player, and his morale is massively fragile, but when he feels good there is no one in this division can stop him. He missed a chunk of the season with an ankle injury and a broken nose, but played whenever he was fit and didn't let me down. His record in a Marine shirt now reads 86 games, 44 goals, 27 assists, and next season he will surely become the first to enter our '100 Club', and will be very deserving of the honour.

Marine FC Goal of the Season
    3. Sofiane Zaaboub (vs Salisbury, 16th January)
    How do you break down two banks of four in defence? Belt one from the edge of the area into the top corner of the net. A perfect example of what Sofiane offered us when he cut inside from the right flank.

2. Callum Bagshaw (vs Fleetwood, 25th August)
    A beautiful twenty yard pass, a well timed run, lovely control and a superb finish across the goalkeeper. Or, in other words, how to hit a team on the break in one easy lesson.

1. Andrew Mitchell (vs York, 29th December)
    What better to warm the heart on a wet December day in Yorkshire than to see Andy Mitchell pick up a loose ball on the edge of the area and curl a shot with pinpoint accuracy round two defenders and the goalkeeper and into the far corner of the net. Special.

Next Season
    Not too much expectation, another run at winning the FA Trophy, a good run in the FA Cup and promotion. Simples.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season              League                     Final Pos.              Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12       Blue Square North             2nd               Promoted via play-offs
    2012/13       Blue Square Premier           3rd              Lost in play-off semi final

Marine FC 100 Club*
    Code:
    Name (Position) League Games (Overall Games); League Goals (Overall Goals); Average Rating
    (Dates at club)

No entrants yet

Managerial Record
    Code:
    Season     Games     Won      Lost     Drawn     For     Against     Win %
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12      51           29         9          13        112        67         56.86
    2012/13      54           30        13         11        124        80         55.55

Total          105          59        22          24       236       147         56.20

*This is a feature tracking those who have played 100 or more games for me at Marine. With goalkeepers, the league goals (overall goals) figures are replaced by clean sheets.

Amateur

Congrats! But where are all the screen shots of the progress?
    Okay, just for you. Here is the league table.

I've already begun the next season friendlies, but it was a great season.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PVentress View Post

Hastings Utd
    Season 2 - 2012/13 – Blue Square Premier
    Prediction - 24th
    Actual - 4th

Going into the season i was expecting a season of struggle and was hoping for survival and not much beyond that, I kept the ins and outs to a lower level than the previous year but we still did some good business, We started out poorly, and after about 20 games we were sat in 20th Place and it looked like a long hard season was instore.

But, our form began to pick up and we found ourselves within touching distance of the play offs with about 15 games remaining, we needed to close a gap of about 7 pts to last Play Off Place. I thought that this would be just to far out of our reach and over the next few weeks it became increasingly frustrating as we hit our best form of the season but struggled to make up the ground as the teams around us were matching us point for point and we couldnt reel them in.

Then with about 8 games to go, things started to go our way, we began to climb the table until we claimed our 1st weekend in the play off places after 40 games gone.

So 6 games left and needed to retain our form and stay in with a shout, needless to say we then lost our next game and drew the next to fall back to 7th,

It all came down to the last game of the season, 2 Play Off spots already filled and the other 2 could be filled by any 2 teams from 5, we needed a win big time,

90 minutes later and after a 2 - 0 away win over Kettering, we had secured 4th Spot and a crack at the Play Offs.

Stevenage awaited in the Semi's and this proved fairly straightforward, 0 - 0 at home in the first leg had me a little worried, but we came out fighting in the 2nd and a 2 - 1 victory sent us to Wembley.

The Final against Macclesfield was a tense affair, we bossed the game but just couldnt find that finishing touch, 90 mins came and went and still it was 0 - 0,

Extra Time was a none event as both teams tired and so to Penalties, Where Adam Street wrote his Name in Hastings History, 3 consecutive Penalty Saves from macclesfields first 3 kicks took the pressure of the lads as they stroked home all 3 of our kicks to take a 3 - 0 victory in the Shoot Out, Cue crazy celebrations and the realisation we were in the football league,

Two consecutive promotions, but now the hard work really starts

Blue Square Premier Table
    League Position Graph
    Transfers
    Squad
    Finances

The Cups provided some light relief and we managed to get to the 3rd round of the FA Cup and a home draw with Wolves, never really threatened an upset as we were dispatched 2 - 0 but the TV Revenue was very useful

Top Players

Strangely, Not one player really stood out, was certainly a team effort, but mentions are needed for the solid spine of the team that got us there

Adam Street - GK - Solid All Season, Capped by Canada and save 3 Penalties in the Play Off Final Shoot Out

Elton Monteiro - A Rock at the Back, Came into his own in the run in

Jamie Edge - Solid Defensive Midfielder stuck his foot in and passed it simple

Reece Hands - The Silk to Edge's Steel, Deep Lying Playmaker, got better as the season got older

Nikola Saric - Top Scorer, but very hot and cold, Also suffered with injuries through out the season which really stopped him from getting going

Next Season

Aim for next season can be summed up in one word - Survive

Career Overview

Code:

Season League League Finish Achievements

2011/12 Blue Square South 1st Promoted/Champions 2012/13 Blue Square Premier 4th Promoted/Play Off Winners
    how do you get the cool Backround (the Grass effect) and faces in your game? i have Elton as well but he is a faceless dude for me

Amateur

heh cheers Timers. It's not just for me thu, part of the fun is tracking progress, looking over finances, squads etc. For me personally its the same joy to look over BSN/S or BSP as well as PRM

Amateur

Unlucky Terk

Make up for it with the Title next season

Amateur

I use the Retro skin after downloading from Steam,

And the Face's are from a face pack i downloaded from the skinning Thread

Amateur

Terk: Thanks for another great update! That must have been a tough loss at home in the play-offs Out of curiosity, what pre-match speech did you give the guys? I always hear people saying playoffs and cup finals should be "For the Fans!", but any time I've ever used that, the match has turned into a disaster. Congrats on making it back into the black as well, even if it meant getting thumped! I was surprised not to see anyone in the 100+ club yet, but I guess with it only being season #2, you'd have to have played every game and not had injuries, ect. Bagshaw should make for a fitting first though! Hes been great for quite a few people this year. GL for next season and keep us posted!

Amateur

jsar: Grass effect is the special "retro skin" steam users got this year. I tried it and its cool sometimes, but its a bit over the top in some places. The faces are likely from the mega face pack, which can be found in the skinning section of this forum.

edit: I'm blind and PV had already beat me and posted this.

Amateur

@terk Unlucky mate - great update as well

My Hastings team is now home to the sons of both Tim Flowers and John Moncur. I'm collecting children (which sounds slightly off I know)

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Damnnnn Terkledawwwwg!!! When you finally get promoted, I'm doing THIS.

Amateur

anyone else finding fitness to be a big problem? i am finding by about 60mins half my team is at 60% and having to sub people off or lose performance and even then can only replace 3 of them so last 20 mins of the game i am constantly conceding!

Amateur

CHAMPIONS! We have won League 2 with a game to go. And we clinched it in style, with a 5-0 win over Kidderminster. First Trophy of this year's challenge

Amateur

FMS Moderator Emeritus

@PVentress & KLH84, cheers for the support and glad you enjoyed the update.

@Quavis, I was gutted after the play-off defeat. I got a message pre-match that we were expecting a record crowd and so I thought 'for the fans' would be an appropriate team talk to give, but evidently it had the effect of making the players completely freeze. We couldn't have been more outplayed. It was easily our worst performance of the season, and the absolute worst time for it to happen as well. As for the 100 club, I'm pretty sure James Gilpin would have made it had he not spent three months of the season injured. I expect to have two or three players inducted at the end of next season.

@swinburn, one of my favourite moments in Scrubs. I'm holding you to that

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    @swinburn, one of my favourite moments in Scrubs. I'm holding you to that
    Been meaning to learn it for ages now, I'm now going to have to, and film it

Amateur

Interesting offer from the board - what to do, what to do....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jsar View Post
    anyone else finding fitness to be a big problem? i am finding by about 60mins half my team is at 60% and having to sub people off or lose performance and even then can only replace 3 of them so last 20 mins of the game i am constantly conceding!
    Perhaps your traning schedule is too hard? or you just don't have enough players to cover all postions and rest some from time to time?

Amateur

I am starting to get a little concerned!!!!!!

Just finishing off pre-season before my first attempt at League 2 and so far my little Hastings team have managed to outplay 3 championship sides in friendlies!!!!

I am not usually one to complain about this sort of thing, just that whenever my pre-season goes this well, the season usually starts poorly

oh well, enjoy it while it lasts

Part-Timer

Do you lot normally do mid-season updates, or should I just post a season review at the end of each season?

Amateur

@Terk: Thanks for the feedback. That is sorta what I feared. The "For the Fans!" selection is definitely on my DO NOT TOUCH list now. It never seems to work, and when it doesn't, it fails miserably. Will be great to start seeing that 100+ club fill up

@PV: I think part of the change is that the AI now doesn't always playing its best squads in friendlies/unimportant cup ties. I've noticed a lot of people see to be further in cups this year as well that I think this explains. Fitness also seems to make a huge difference in the preseason. I'm glad your starting off well though. Hopefully it can translate into a good early season! That is usually where I end up floundering.

Amateur

Perhaps your traning schedule is too hard? or you just don't have enough players to cover all postions and rest some from time to time?
    well training i havent changed since i started so is on what ever the default is, is saying that the workload is acceptable. Am mainly playing the same people each game so i guess i dont have much cover for rest periods, especially with the 5 or 6 injuries im carrying atm

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fcunitedfan View Post
    Do you lot normally do mid-season updates, or should I just post a season review at the end of each season?
    Its entirely up to you. Many of us love to read the updates and they give us the chance to feel involved in your game. The more updates the better IMO! However, updates can be very time-consuming, we understand that its not always easy to stop playing to keep us all updated.

The story is the best part of this challenge for me. Its not about winning it or even completing it, (At current rate I'll likely never win the Prem :P ) but the journey along the way.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Interesting offer from the board - what to do, what to do....
    I got that this season as well. As nothing other than title challenge was going to up my wage budget I left it as it was at 'battle against relegation'. Always nice to see a new feature pop up though

Semi Pro

How about this for a piece of backroom advice

It's actually wrong; a point will do it or Farnborough failing to win against Braintree.
    Right matchday now!

Amateur

It's time. FA Cup Final. FC United v Blackburn Rovers. I'll do updates on here.

6 - Church comes close but is brilliantly denied by Sebek.
    7 - Crap. 1-0 to Blackburn, ball bounces off Sebek and into the next. O.G Sebek.
    16 - Boselli heads over from a Guthrie free kick.
    17 - Sebek with a brilliant save to deny Bennett. Taylor clears off the line.
    29 - Church volleys just over the bar, but is caught offside. It's all Blackburn at this point, not a single chance for us.

HALF TIME. Other than Blackburn's early domination, from 30 minutes onwards, it was a pretty dull first half. Hopefully we can turn that around in the second.

57 - Nothing. This game is dull as anything. I feel sorry for the 90k in attendance.
    60 - Rory Fallon booked.
    62 - Tudor-Jones booked.
    73 - OH MY GOD. Something happened. Saric brought down in the penalty area by Jens Toornstra, and is sent off! We have a penalty! Tudor-Jones to take...
    74 - TUDOR-JONES SCORES! He slots it in the bottom right. 1-1! GAME ON!
    78 - Olsson booked.
    83 - Holy crap! Benteke gets on the end of a deflected free kick and Sebek saves out of nowhere. We're still in it... just.
    88 - Olsson shoots and the ball deflects JUST over the crossbar. We're getting far too lucky. The defence need to shape up, like they did against Spurs.

END OF 90. It's into Extra Time. This is getting far too nervy.

91 - Fabio Borini booked.
    96 - This game is awful. Boringboringboring.
    101 - Ajose hits it off Saric's head. The most entertaining thing to happen since the 74th minute.
    102 - Benteke misses a sitter.

HALF TIME IN EXTRA TIME. Snoozefest.

106 - Lee Wallace booked.
    110 - TWATBAG LINESMAN! Ajose scores but is ruled offside! That's been our first real chance of the game...
    119 - Ronald Zubar booked. This looks like it's going to pens. Awful game.

FULL TIME IN EXTRA TIME... Penalties it is. Time for a new post.
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 15-11-2010 at 23:28.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good luck, swinburn

Semi Pro

I got the 3 points and crowned Champions with 5 games left to play

I was going to bed, but I want to stay up to see updates of swinburn's FA Cup Final, come on FC United.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Quavis View Post
    Congrats to all those who gained promotion while I was away! Welcome to all of the newcomers to the challenge!

wriches: you should be able to re-adjust your wage balance on june 25th, the official start of the next season. Congrats on winning the FA trophy, I think you might be the first this year to win that one.
    Ah ha, no board ultimatum required yet then! Thanks a lot for the heads-up.

Amateur

HENDON DONS SEASON REVIEW: 2014/15
    npower League 1

*random notes*

haha ManU Boss says Andy Thompson showing potential. I signed Thompson on a free from ManU. sweet.

playoff spot secured with 6 games left. I'm barely in 2nd and ive lost once in the second half so far.

had to win last gameday against MK Dons to promote for sure. Won the game 2-0

Squad

Media Prediction: 24th
    Actual Position: 2nd

RECORD

WINS-28
    LOSSES-9
    DRAW-9

League Table

BEST SIGNINGS:

Transfers

Andy Thompson: DC, signed 3 years $2400/week. Age: 18(at start)
    Games Played: 39
    Goals: 5
    Tacklers/90: 1.89
    MoM: 6
    Average Rating:7.37

Michael O'Connor: MC, signed 2 years $2400/week Age: 26 at start
    Games Played:36
    Goals Scored: 1
    Assists: 14
    MoM: 1
    AVG Rating:7.09

James Gray: ST, signed 2 years $2500/week Age: 22
    Games played: 44
    Goals: 19
    Assists: 6
    MoM:3
    Avg Rating: 7.16

CUPS:
    Lost rd1 in LC.
    Won JPT.
    Lost in 3rd round in FA Cup.

BEST WIN:

2-0 win final game day for promotion.

Worst Loss:

0-2 loss at home against Bradford.

Thoughts:

This was a lot harder, cause every loss was huge. You had to win literally every game to be in promtion zone.
    Thankfully Middlesbrough choked down the stretch after having a big lead (even over 2nd) and dropped to 3rd.
    Of course me losing a few games down the stretch wasn't fun either. I think we're getting a new stadium next year(finally)
    so this 2000 seat one won't hinder my $$$ any more. ugh. So this year was indeed a lot tougher. At least EPL teams want
    my young MC and DC (both are studs) . Next year I expect promotion again. I should be able to get more good frees this preseason.
    Last edited by pickemgenius; 15-11-2010 at 23:20.

Part-Timer

Just sold one of my star players this season, ex-Man Utd youngster Dean Bailey, for £350k (+50% of his next transfer). Didn't want to sell him, but I thought i'd get a good price for him before the chairman jumped in and accepted less! Nice little turnover for a free signing who was only with us for half a season.

Amateur

Right guys... Penalty Shootout time. Updates in this post... here we go. Blackburn to go first.

Wallace scores! 1-0.
    Tudor-Jones hits the post! 1-0.
    Bennett misses! Saved by Sebek. 1-0.
    Shimmin misses! Robinson saves. 1-0.
    Hoilett scores! 2-0.
    Dawson misses! Over the bar. 2-0. This isn't looking good.
    Nelsen misses! Sebek saves us! Still 2-0.
    Borini scores! 2-1! If he missed, that was us out! But there's hope!
    Zubar misses! Sails over the bar! Still 2-1. We're still in it!
    Saric scores! 2-2! We're back in the game!
    Olsson misses! Sebek saves again! Still 2-2!
    McCrory misses! Off the bar. 2-2. I'm losing hope.
    Guthrie scores. 3-2.
    Ifil scores! 3-3! He keeps us in it!
    Maynard MISSES! WE HAVE THE CHANCE TO WIN IT!
    Ajose SCORES! AJOSE SCORES! AJOSE SCORES! WE HAVE WON!
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 15-11-2010 at 23:39.

Amateur

Just had an amazing 1-1 at home vs Blackburn in FA Cup

I smell money in the bank on the replay

Amateur

Terk: Unlucky man. Anyone who even gets into the BSP playoffs in season 2 using 1024x768 resolution deserves a medal!

I just couldn't do that. I'm on 1920x1200 and I still struggle for room with all my match detail boxes. It's really useful being able to monitor your players' motivations during minute-by-minute, and your opponent's.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    Right guys... Penalty Shootout time. Updates in this post... here we go. Blackburn to go first.
    I don't know you but I'm so nervous.

Good luck.

Zubar misses! Sails over the bar! Still 2-1. We're still in it!
    Saric scores! 2-2! We're back in the game!
    This is fribbing amazing.

Olsson misses! Sebek saves again! Still 2-2!
    McCrory misses! Off the bar. 2-2. I'm losing hope.
    Is this real life?

Maynard MISSES! WE HAVE THE CHANCE TO WIN IT!
    Ajose SCORES! AJOSE SCORES! AJOSE SCORES! WE HAVE WON!
    Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh. What? Seriously???????????????????????????????????????
    Last edited by wriches; 15-11-2010 at 23:40.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Terk: Unlucky man. Anyone who even gets into the BSP playoffs in season 2 using 1024x768 resolution deserves a medal!

I just couldn't do that. I'm on 1920x1200 and I still struggle for room with all my match detail boxes. It's really useful being able to monitor your players' motivations during minute-by-minute, and your opponent's.
    My good monitor is bust and I don't have the cash to replace it. It does make it more work on this size of screen, but I'm used to it again now.

Amateur

Just sold one of my star players this season, ex-Man Utd youngster Dean Bailey, for £350k (+50% of his next transfer). Didn't want to sell him, but I thought i'd get a good price for him before the chairman jumped in and accepted less! Nice little turnover for a free signing who was only with us for half a season.
    Wow, nice move! Yeah I tend to just set the values high enough I'd accept them so the board doesn't get in my way. Then if the offer is good enough they go . He must have some potential though as his stats don't look the greatest. I'll bet you miss him on free kicks the rest of the season though :P

Amateur

well just noticed my physio had left OPPS! could by why my fitness is a problem! so signed a new one with physiotherapy of 14! that should help a bit with my injuries i hope!

Amateur

ajose scores! Ajose scores! Ajose scores! We have won!
    nicky ajose nets the winning penalty!

Amateur

How can you play at 1920 x 1200??? There is sooooooo much wasted space on the FM UI. It would just be a big empty screen. I play most games at 1920 x 1200, but FM has to be played windowed.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Big congrats, swinburn. Can't quite believe a L2 side have won the FA Cup

Semi Pro

Well done swinburn, first big cup won in the challenge this year.

Amateur

FA Cup Final Win

I'd like to state, for the record, that I just played the WORST FA Cup final game EVER. It was so ****ing dull!

Amateur

FA Cup Final Win

I'd like to state, for the record, that I just played the WORST FA Cup final game EVER. It was so ****ing dull!
    Got to love the stats on that screen shot. You have 3 shots, but 4 on target

Amateur

How can you play at 1920 x 1200??? There is sooooooo much wasted space on the FM UI. It would just be a big empty screen. I play most games at 1920 x 1200, but FM has to be played windowed.
    I play windowed but maximised, so it's around 1920x1150. There's a fair bit of empty space on player profiles but all the other screens are fine. FM08 used to be really bad on 1920x1200, but now most screen have 3 columns of stuff (like the News etc) so it uses the space pretty well now.

The 3D engine in this is ridiculously inefficient though. I only get slightly higher FPS than in Crysis.

Part-Timer

Wow, nice move! Yeah I tend to just set the values high enough I'd accept them so the board doesn't get in my way. Then if the offer is good enough they go . He must have some potential though as his stats don't look the greatest. I'll bet you miss him on free kicks the rest of the season though :P
    He had a 7.43 rating for me, so he was more than good enough for League 2, but I didn't expect a Championship side to come in for him! My scout now reckons he has Premier league potential!!! Lets hope so, then my 50% sell on clause could be awesome!

Amateur

Big congrats, swinburn. Can't quite believe a L2 side have won the FA Cup
    Me neither. How many of us do we need to get him banned from the challenge?

Amateur

Got to love the stats on that screen shot. You have 3 shots, but 4 on target
    Agreed. But look at their shots I was completely outplayed.

Amateur

NO! You can't take my life away from me

Haha

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I don't know, but I reckon we should start the campaign. He's embarrassing the rest of us

Amateur

I don't know, but I reckon we should start the campaign. He's embarrassing the rest of us
    Don't worry Terk. I'll embarrass myself next season, when I get battered in the Europa League.

Amateur

He had a 7.43 rating for me, so he was more than good enough for League 2, but I didn't expect a Championship side to come in for him! My scout now reckons he has Premier league potential!!! Lets hope so, then my 50% sell on clause could be awesome!
    I always hate it when my scouts get better report cards on players who have left than I could get while they were still at my club :P Premier League potential would have been very sweet! Almost too bad you couldn't have kept him now. At least you go the 50% sell on Do you remember what your scouts were showing him as before he had signed for you?

Amateur

Everyone... I have a confession to make.

Owain Tudor-Jones' penalty was controversial. Michael Lustig revealed after the match he thought the penalty decision was harsh. So, I could have won the FA Cup in unfair circumstances.

Amateur

Following 1-1 at home vs Blackburn, I reckon they didnt want to use their subs anymore - They trounced my "9 man" team 4-0

I wannabe jordanswinburn, so i also can beat Blackburn

Amateur

Following 1-1 at home vs Blackburn, I reckon they didnt want to use their subs anymore - They trounced my "9 man" team 4-0

I wannabe jordanswinburn, so i also can beat Blackburn
    Haha, unlucky dude. How much money did you get out of it?

Amateur

Not as much as hoped for. Had tv at home and made around 200, and another 150 at replay - still good thu, went from red to black

Part-Timer

FECK!!! I just typed a huge review of my season half way through, then accidentally clicked the back button while changing tabs! I'd typed loads as well! DAMN IT!!

Amateur

Let's take early predictions. How long will I last in the Europa League?

Part-Timer

I always hate it when my scouts get better report cards on players who have left than I could get while they were still at my club :P Premier League potential would have been very sweet! Almost too bad you couldn't have kept him now. At least you go the 50% sell on Do you remember what your scouts were showing him as before he had signed for you?
    It was nothing out of the ordinary, maybe 4 star and League 1 potential. But the club was in a bit of a financial state, so I just had to cut my losses really. They only offered £150k and a friendly first off, so i'm pretty pleased with the negotiations.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Seriously struggling for staff again this summer. This inability to get people down to a wage I can offer is frankly ridiculous.

Amateur

Seriously struggling for staff again this summer. This inability to get people down to a wage I can offer is frankly ridiculous.
    I sort of agree. Staff in general has been too easy to get the last few years. I'm glad its harder to recruit very good staff down in the lower leagues. HOWEVER, it needs to be easier to filter out people who won't sign for more than we can offer. Sorting through 1500 staff to find the 10 guys who might actually sign for 100p/w is ridiculous.

If you haven't already, try filtering for obscure staff. They will almost always sign for you. Finding someone decent that level is much harder though.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I sort of agree. Staff in general has been too easy to get the last few years. I'm glad its harder to recruit very good staff down in the lower leagues. HOWEVER, it needs to be easier to filter out people who won't sign for more than we can offer. Sorting through 1500 staff to find the 10 guys who might actually sign for 100p/w is ridiculous.

If you haven't already, try filtering for obscure staff. They will almost always sign for you. Finding someone decent that level is much harder though.
    I agree that it should have been made harder, but it's gone too far, imo. For instance getting people applying for my ass man job who either have no interest in entering into negotiations with me or want £2,500 per week when the highest I can offer is £240 per week. Very frustrating.

Cheers for the search tip. Quickly found an ass man and a coach willing to sign

Amateur

FC United of Manchester
    Season 1 - 2013/14 - League Two
    Preseason - Media Prediction: 24th
    Great Unexpectations

Club Info

Our first season as a professional club. I didn’t expect much from this season. The board wanted me to attempt to avoid relegation, and quite unusually, that’s what I went for.

The Season
    This season was, well, perfect. The league went pretty well, it took a while, but we ended up majorly exceeding expectations and grabbing first place, and in style too, with a 5-0 win over Kidderminster. But this season, it wasn’t about the league, it was all about one thing and one thing only.

The Epic Cup Run
    It was unbelievable, nothing else can be said about it. I’m just going to post every game.

FA Cup 1st Round

FA Cup 2nd Round
    FA Cup 2nd Round Replay

FA Cup 3rd Round
    FA Cup 3rd Round Replay

FA Cup 4th Round

FA Cup 5th Round
    FA Cup 5th Round Replay

FA Cup 6th Round
    FA Cup 6th Round Replay

FA Cup Semi Final

FA Cup Final

League Two Table | Position Graph

Transfers | Squad

Confidence | Finances

League Awards

League Two Manager of the Year
    Jordan Swinburn

FC United Awards

Fan's Player of the Year
    Fabio Borini
    Once again, Borini takes this award. Last year, I said I wanted the team to become more than just Borini, and we did just that. Didn't stop him being the best player of the season though. Top stuff from the youngster.

Top Scorer
    Fabio Borini
    25 goals in 46 games this year. Nowhere near as many as last year, but this season, the goals were more shared out between Borini, Fallon, Saric and Fredericks, who all broke into double figures.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)
    Winning the FA Cup.

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)
    Nick Ajose
    Nick Ajose was one of four players considered for this award. Borini wasn’t available for selection after winning it last season. Ajose, as well as Fallon, Saric and Tudor-Jones, played fantastically throughout the season. He didn’t always get games, but when he did, he made them count. The most important of those being when he slotted home the winning penalty in the FA Cup Final penalty shootout.

The Tomorrow's World Award (Future Star)
    Stuart Cheek

Goal of the Season
    Saric v Chelsea

Next Season

Stay up. That’s the main one. I’ll never manage to recreate that cup run again, not for a while anyway. The other aim is to try and at least win ONE game in the Europa League, just one. It’s going to a be a tough season.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12         Blue Square North         4th           Promoted – Playoffs
    2012/13         Blue Square Premier       5th           Promoted – Playoffs
    2013/14         League 2                  1st           Promoted – Champions/FA Cup Winners

Amateur

Let's take early predictions. How long will I last in the Europa League?
    You'll probably win it knowing you. :P

And not quite FA Cup success.. but I'm delighted nonetheless. It's third time lucky, I've won the Blue Square North! Fairly comfortably too.

Amateur

Big question. The board will settle for no less than a mid-table finish this season in League 1. If I take that, I'll get a £5m transfer budget and a £49.5k wage budget. However, if I was to up the expectations, I'd get...

Top Half - £6.75m/£56k p/w
    Promotion - £7.25m/£58k p/w
    Title Challenge - £8m/£59k p/w
    Winner - £8.5m/£61k p/w

Which one should I take?

Third Team
    Jamie Mackie/Alejandro Faurlin enthusiast.

I would stay the biggest difference that would benefit you there would be to do top half, that amount of money will mean you should cruise that league.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jack.browne View Post
    I would stay the biggest difference that would benefit you there would be to do top half, that amount of money will mean you should cruise that league.
    +1. There's obviously a big difference between Top Half and Promotion but there isn't much difference in the budget for those two. But £1.75m and 6.5k p/w extra is pretty significant.

I have to say, objectively speaking, Borini is a rather attractive chap.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

This is not how my second BSP season was supposed to start. I've promised the board promotion, but we've begun the season with three awful performances, from which we've somehow managed to scrape two points.

Part-Timer

I'd go top half, then you've got the extra funds and a better chance of meeting the boards expectations.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Our level of performance so far this season has been horrifying. Two away draws and two home defeats so far The squad hasn't changed much over the summer, really I couldn't identify that many players who would strengthen the squad and who actually wanted to join us, so I don't think it can be much of a squad gelling issue. The last game, a 1-0 defeat against Burton which could have been a 10-0 defeat, featured only one player who wasn't at the club last season.

Amateur

Awesome transferage: Just signed Jamie Edge on a free transfer! Reasons why this is awesome:
    1. He's good, free, on £90 p/w and I needed a DMC
    2. He plays for Arsenal IRL, who I support
    3. Arsenal signed him from Cheltenham Town, where I used to live
    4. His surname is Edge
    5. He has a cool face
    Need I say more?

Amateur

Our level of performance so far this season has been horrifying. Two away draws and two home defeats so far The squad hasn't changed much over the summer, really I couldn't identify that many players who would strengthen the squad and who actually wanted to join us, so I don't think it can be much of a squad gelling issue. The last game, a 1-0 defeat against Burton which could have been a 10-0 defeat, featured only one player who wasn't at the club last season.
    Hmm. Second season syndrome perhaps? What formation are you playing?

I wouldn't be surprised if the BSP strengthens each season, given the number of quality players available on free transfers. Ideally the league should stay around the same standard each season, but if the players are available and the managers in the BSP are clever enough to find them, then maybe that doesn't happen.

Amateur

I've just made my first two signings of this season, and it's fair to say I'm in a different league to my rivals when it comes to the transfer market. The first signing, Frederic Veseli (currently of Man City youth IRL) has had a year on loan at Bury before joining (then Championship) Brighton, and spending 2 seasons with them, including helping them to their Premier League year. So he should be rather good.

My second signing is one that surprised me quite a bit. He's seen by my coaches as a 5* player. He's going to be playing alongside Borini this year. His name is...

Michael Chopra.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Hmm. Second season syndrome perhaps? What formation are you playing?

I wouldn't be surprised if the BSP strengthens each season, given the number of quality players available on free transfers. Ideally the league should stay around the same standard each season, but if the players are available and the managers in the BSP are clever enough to find them, then maybe that doesn't happen.
    We've been playing a pretty solid 4-4-2, though of course strategy and style change depending on who we're facing in any given game. I think it's likely that we've been found out a bit tactically, that sides are aware of how to defend against our quick break now, so I'm going to have to try a few tweaks to see if I can get us going again.

What is seriously annoying me though is that all summer I've been turned down by players when I'm offering them first team football, in favour of them signing for less money for BSS and BSN sides. Have some ambition, lads.

Amateur

More and more signings coming in. Now, I like a big strike force, usually I have about 5 or 6. Last year I had Borini, Fallon, Saric, Sordell, Knowles and occasionally Ajose.

This year, I've upped the game. 6 strikers. Borini, Fallon, Saric, Michael Chopra, Zavon Hines, Caleb Folan.

Other transfers so far include James Perch, Jonathan Walters and Dennis Cagara.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

w00t \o/ A win \o/

Changed back to the sort of game we played in our BSN campaign, a higher defensive line, pressing high up the pitch, although this time with wingers pushed forward to make a 4-2-2-2/4-2-4 formations and the players responded wonderfully with a 3-0 win over Newport County. An 18 year old newgen striker that I picked up from Arsenal in the summer bagged his first two goals for the club

Amateur

More and more signings coming in. Now, I like a big strike force, usually I have about 5 or 6. Last year I had Borini, Fallon, Saric, Sordell, Knowles and occasionally Ajose.

This year, I've upped the game. 6 strikers. Borini, Fallon, Saric, Michael Chopra, Zavon Hines, Caleb Folan.

Other transfers so far include James Perch, Jonathan Walters and Dennis Cagara.
    You've got some strong Championship players there. Chopra, Folan and Hines must be on a few bob?

Amateur

NANTWICH TOWN - Blue Square North 2013/14

League Table

Woohoo! After 2 horrible failures in the playoffs I managed to win the league at the 3rd time of asking. Comfortably too. I had 2 losses right at the end when the league was all sewn up so I was mixing it up a bit. Otherwise it could've been even clearer. Had a few strange results. Only 1 of my 8 defeats was against a team in the top half, that being Nuneaton who beat me 5-4 near the beginning of the season. Bottom side Droylsden did the double over me!

Positions Graph

Believe it or not I started the season horrifically inconsistent. Despite having an amazing squad for this level so I thought I couldn't seem to string any wins together. But all of a sudden it just clicked and we rose to the top and never looked back.

Transfers

My lowest amount of signings in a season so far. But all were outstanding for most parts. Darryl Duffy (old screenshot I know but I'm too lazy to do a recent one) in particular tore the league apart. He scored 36 goals and made 22 assists in all competitions.

Squad

Can't complain about anyone in the squad. My first choice 11 were all superb and whenever I needed to call on any backups they fitted straight in no trouble. At this point I'm expecting my squad to remain very similar in the BSP.. although that might change if I find some freebies I just can't say no to.

First time I've mentioned the cups since starting this challenge. For a good reason.. it's the first time I've won any cup matches. In the FA Cup I reached the 2nd round beating BSP Port Vale and League 2 Morecambe on the way. Eventually Hereford beat me 2-1 at their place.

FA Cup Results

In the FA Trophy it was slightly less successful but I still reached the 2nd round beating BSP Barrow on the way before Wrexham dumped me out 3-1. The Wrexham match got postponed twice so I ended up playing it in the middle of a horrible cluster of games in January. League took priority so I rested a few for the Trophy game. That's my excuse anyway.

I don't have a proper goal of the season award this time around because out of my 100 or so goals scored in the season, hardly any were particularly good ones. Here's 2 that stood out enough at the time for me to save them though:

Darryl Duffy - First time I've had a player score with a chip on this game. And it came against higher opposition in the FA Cup.

Soloman Taiwo - Long range effort from Taiwo after a neat breakaway.

Next season: With this squad plus 1 or 2 introductions I should probably have a chance of another promotion. But I'm tactically inept so I'll settle on a mid table finish. Finances also need improving. But I always struggle with finances until I'm in the football league so I'll worry about them later.

Code:
    Season          League                  Position           Info
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12         Blue Square North       5th                Lost in Playoff Semi Final
    2012/13         Blue Square North       4th                Lost in Playoff Final
    2013/14         Blue Square North       1st                Promoted as Champions

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    @Roseboy64

I am enjoying both
    Managed to do that yeah and got to January now.

Third Team

Managed to climb from mid-table to just outside the playoffs now. 12 points off the leaders.

Amateur

I don't know, but I reckon we should start the campaign. He's (Jordan Swinburne) embarrassing the rest of us
    I, on the other hand, am taking a sort of perverse pleasure in making the rest of you look good. At the very least I think I'm the only person who has confessed to being out of my depth managing clubs at any higher level than a Primary School team.

After relegation in my first season, I am now with my second club.

I applied for the job and was given it quite legitimately, and they are a newly promoted club in the 2012/13 season. I have to say, it's very refreshing to be working with a board that look beyond such petty things as my past record, abysmally low reputation and questions such as 'How do you pronounce the name of your dinky little club?'

Anybody can achieve 3 straight promotions and an FA Cup win, but the taste of victory will be all the sweeter for me.
    Last edited by vikeologist; 16-11-2010 at 04:39.

Amateur

I've just realised how many ex-City players I have in my squad. Veseli, Henshall, Ibrahim, Nimely, Rusnak, Elabdellaoui. You'd think I was some sort of City fan or something

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by vikeologist View Post
    Anybody can achieve 3 straight promotions and an FA Cup win, but the taste of victory will be all the sweeter for me.
    Can I start following Vikeologism?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jsar View Post
    I've only got one win in Blue Square South while I'm active, but I think I've got fitness under control. I went out and found a coach with a good (8) fitness rating. My club can't afford a fitness coach, but I get 2 coaches and I assign that coach to strength and aerobic. I also try to sign players with a 10 or higher stamina. Sometimes I need to settle for some with an 8 or maybe lower, but I try to avoid those if at all possible. Early in the pre-season I set individual training schedules that focus primarily on strength/aerobic, gradually cutting these back as the season approaches. And I have many friendlies. Wear the players out in the pre-season, but it seems to build their endurance for the regular season.

I haven't done it, but I saw a note in the manual that a physio with a high fitness rating can also help.

Anyway with a combination of these things I don't have too much trouble with fitness. Most players starting out at 98-100% can finish the match above 70% and be ready for next week's match.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast