+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,400 of 4347

Thread: dafuge's FM11 challenge

Semi Pro

Looks like I'm going to get relegated in my first season

This is hard. 9 defeats in a row, no wins in 14

Amateur

I am on holiday now. Last year i got to 2030 and was in the PL and then the game crashed.

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Guess who's going to The Bridge!

Drew 1-1 with Chelsea at home

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    Guess who's going to The Bridge!

Drew 1-1 with Chelsea at home
    Awesome! So many people seem to be having good cup runs this year.

Amateur

Evesham United - 2011/2012

Restarted with Evesham, due to their lowly rep of 600 and the fact my Weymouth game went kind of sour. I just didn't like where we had headed and wanted to start from scratch and build.

And boy did I do just that. I think we've all figured out by now that Fagan and Komora are simply stunning early buys in this game as a LLM. In the BSN, they were both top 2 goal scorers in the league.

Komora had 39 goals in 40 apps!! along with 16 assists, 11 MoMs and a 7.56 rating.
    Fagan had 30 goals in 42 apps!! along with 17 assists, 8 MoMs and a 7.52 rating.

Between the two of them, we just opened up defenses and bagged the goals. In league we had 102 goals, though 53 against. We pipped Alfreton on the last day, needing to win. We were tied 1-1 until the 90th minute when Koroma scored his 2nd, passing up Alfreton by 1 pt and placing first in league first season out.

Without screenshots, goals next year are to stay up like everyone always says but I really want to push for promotion straight away.
    Last edited by timers; 13-11-2010 at 22:49.

Semi Pro

4-0 down at half time to Weston Super Mare - 16th in the league. Looks like a tenth straight defeat It started so well!!!

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by timers View Post

Evesham United - 2011/2012

Restarted with Evesham, due to their lowly rep of 600 and the fact my Weymouth game went kind of sour. I just didn't like where we had headed and wanted to start from scratch and build.

And boy did I do just that. I think we've all figured out by now that Fagan and Komora are simply stunning early buys in this game as a LLM. In the BSN, they were both top 2 goal scorers in the league.

Komora had 39 goals in 40 apps!! along with 16 assists, 11 MoMs and a 7.56 rating.
    Fagan had 30 goals in 42 apps!! along with 17 assists, 8 MoMs and a 7.52 rating.

Between the two of them, we just opened up defenses and bagged the goals. In league we had 102 goals, though 53 against. We pipped Alfreton on the last day, needing to win. We were tied 1-1 until the 90th minute when Koroma scored his 2nd, passing up Alfreton by 1 pt and placing first in league first season out.

Without screenshots, goals next year are to stay up like everyone always says but I really want to push for promotion straight away.
    Did you find it difficult with weymouth? because i am

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Terras-FM View Post
    Did you find it difficult with weymouth? because i am
    With Weymouth, first season I got 12th. 2nd I got 1st and was promoted to BSP. In BSP first season, I got 2nd (lost by 1 pt) and went to playoffs where I lost. Tried it again, ending in 5th I think or possibly outside the playoff window. I started getting frustrated around this point, and I think I holidayed to get through end of season and just begin fresh. This led to me ultimately losing interest in the team and goal to take them up. It's not that I gave up because I didnt automatically get promoted, but I just didn't like current tactic (changed now) and had no stand out players to believe in going forward. Plus I always secretly felt bad that I was working with a 1100 rep team, when the real challenge always seems to be sub-1000. Finding a save game for Evesham at 600 is awesome. Taking them to BSP and gaining promotion first go is even better .

Amateur

My contract is running out and I got that 'Swinburn may leave FC United' news item, so I went to ask for an extension. This is what they said.

"Your job performance thus far hasn't deserved an early extension. We want to see more out of you to warrant us committing you to a longer term deal."
    I'm 3rd in the league, when predicted relegation, and I've took Chelsea to a replay in the FA Cup 3rd Round. Yeah, I'm not doing a good job at all...

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Well, got to halfway in my first season in the BSP now. We got to the 2nd round of the FA Cup where we got buggered 6-0 by Southampton at St Mary's, but the gate receipts brought in about £200,000 which was very, very welcome. Coupled with the fact that we managed to bring in £63,000 through selling players in the summer and didn't spend a penny on transfer fees, we're looking pretty decent financially for now. An inconsistent league season saw us start brilliantly, but of late we've been bouncing around between 11th and 7th and currently sit 9th. Unlikely to make the play-offs, but a very solid first season up.

My managerial alter ego for this challenge, Dick Smallberries, has been playing around with the twitter feature and making his own posts. You can follow him, should you wish, @DSmallberries

Amateur

Terk, how do you get the twitter thing to work? I've signed in and all, but just don't know what to do.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Terk, how do you get the twitter thing to work? I've signed in and all, but just don't know what to do.
    You can choose it to either update automatically or manually. I have it on automatic, so far the only thing the game has posted is my FA Cup defeat against Southampton. Judging by SnakeXe's twitter feed, it seems to post things like cup wins/defeats, end of season positions, club records, etc. In addition to that, under the cover of my 'alter ego' I've been making posts myself, largely about my love for Callum Bagshaw

Amateur

Firstly, @swinburnfcum - Follow, and you get to see my ugly mug (Who else is twittering their FM, coz I'm on a follow mission)

Secondly, Do I deserve that ****ing contract extension yet?!
    (Apologies for my language)
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 13-11-2010 at 23:33. Reason: Change of Twitter username

Part-Timer

Gypsum's Chippenham - End of season update - 2012/13

Media prediction - 24th
    Final position - 1st / League table / League positions chart

I was impressed with our solid start, but after the first third of the season passed, we became untouchable in this division, we were walking it. Things became more tricky when our FA cup run led to some fixture congestion. But still, our first XI fully fit were too good for the BSP. A late push by Grimsby gave us a bit of a chase, but overall we deserved to finish top of the league. Especially after bagging a total of 105 goals and 103 points in a season.

FA Cup - 4th Round - A great run in the FA cup saw us reach the 4th round. Despite missing out on a lucrative draw, I was impressed that we managed to beat three league 2 teams, two of which were very comfortable, and only lost to Championship Swindon in a close affair. The run was enough to get us out of debt, and our performances were encouragement that we could compete in League 2.

Chippenham info;

General squad info

Transfers

Finances

Average attendance: 1264

Star players;

Ignasi Miquel (DC) - The former Arsenal centre-back joined us on a free transfer in the summer, and has proven to be a colossus in both defence and attack. With an average rating of 7.51, 9 goals and 6 assists to his credit, Miquel showed what an asset he is for Chippenham.

Nikola Saric (ST) - Released from his Liverpool contract, Niko joined us as a free agent and proceeded to set the BSP alight. An astonishing 35 goals and 19 assists this season showed his class in all aspects of attack.

Steven Foley (MLC) - One of our standout stars last season, Foley has gone on to improve with the step up to the BSP. Intelligent runs and incisive passing saw him create 21 goals for his teammates.

Code:
    Year                  League                           Position                                   Achievements
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12               BSS                               2nd                                       Playoff winners
    2012/13               BSP                               1st                                        FA cup 4th round

Aims for next season;

After some comfortable cup wins over League 2 opposition, I am confident we could do well in that division with our current squad. The priority signing is a good ball winning midfielder. I think we could also do with a right back, a better strike partner for Saric and a centre-back partner for Miquel. But as usual, i'll see who's available and sign anyone good!
    Last edited by Gypsum; 13-11-2010 at 23:34.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

HOLY SH*T! What a lob by Saric for the winner. Not sure if I've missed any of your progress, are you in L2 now?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the title, Gypsum

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    HOLY SH*T! What a lob by Saric for the winner. Not sure if I've missed any of your progress, are you in L2 now?
    My thoughts exactly! That Saric goal is an early contender for my Goal of the Season! And I am indeed in L2.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

My thoughts exactly! That Saric goal is an early contender for my Goal of the Season! And I am indeed in L2.
    So the challenge not going well for you then

Amateur

So the challenge not going well for you then
    Naa, bit disappointing if you ask me. I mean, 2 consecutive promotions and a win over Chelsea at their ground just doesn't do it for me

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Naa, bit disappointing if you ask me. I mean, 2 consecutive promotions and a win over Chelsea at their ground just doesn't do it for me
    Poor show, really. If you were any sort of decent manager you'd have got the Chelsea win done without needing a replay.

Amateur

My game doesn't want to stop at 24th June
    I have tried two times and both times it continued to 1st july.

Amateur

Poor show, really. If you were any sort of decent manager you'd have got the Chelsea win done without needing a replay.
    I may not be a decent manager, but I'm one hell of a financial expert. By taking it to a replay, I brought in 45% of a 34255 crowd, £155,810 in TV revenue, and £69000 prize money. All of which helped our financial balance go from -50k to just over £1m. KERCHING!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Kazpeer View Post
    Yeah, that seems to be a problem. It jumps 7 days past the holiday point. You could either set it to come off holiday in the 17th June, in which case it should jump exactly to the 24th, or download one of the save files from this thread

Amateur

Please find enclosed a 24th June save, along with many other saves for teams.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I may not be a decent manager, but I'm one hell of a financial expert. By taking it to a replay, I brought in 45% of a 34255 crowd, £155,810 in TV revenue, and £69000 prize money. All of which helped our financial balance go from -50k to just over £1m. KERCHING!
    Kind of puts my two hundred grand from the Southampton game in the shade

Amateur

Yeah, that seems to be a problem. It jumps 7 days past the holiday point. You could either set it to come off holiday in the 17th June, in which case it should jump exactly to the 24th, or download one of the save files from this thread
    Damn you Terk! Always beating me to the punch!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Damn you Terk! Always beating me to the punch!
    I'd take your managerial skills over my internet speed any day of the week

Amateur

I'd take your managerial skills over my internet speed any day of the week
    Just lost 2-0 to Southend in the league. You sure you want them now?

Amateur

Thanks
    Im gonna try again, this time i set it to stop at the 1st june.

Part-Timer

Welsh Wizard - Colwyn Bay - BSP - 2012/13 - Season 2

Club Info
    Facts
    Facilities
    Stats
    Squad General
    Squad Stats
    Transfers
    Finances Summery
    Finances Wages

Not so many players in this season but they were very good and key players. Quite a few out to lower the squad size which forced me to use youth players more. Some money for some.

Finances are looking really good at just under 1.5mil thanks to the run in the FA Cup. Still semi-pro somehow but could change soon.

Key Players

Jamie Stephens - Made some great saves be it in the league or vs the prem teams in the FA Cup. Can't recall one mistake.

Cody McDonald - Top Scorer and assists. Could run past players or play some great through balls.

Daniel Boateng - Solid in defence.

Predicted:- 24nd
    Finshed:- 1st

Table
    Previous Standings Graph

Another great season and that is back to back championships and we are in the football league. Losses mainly down to resting players for FA Cup.

Team Stats
    Player Stats

Sxith Round

Results

Final - Champions

Results

Other Leagues and Competitons

Man United won the Prem again for 2 time in a row Arsenal were 2nd by 3 points. Man City and Chelsea took 3rd and 4th.
    FA Cup was won by Blackburn beating Wigan 3-1 in the final.
    Man City won the League Cup vs West Ham 3-1.
    Arsenal won the Champions League vs Real. 2-2p

Aims for Next Season

1. Stay Up
    2. Get rid of dead wood
    3. Improve Squad.
    4. Improve Staff

Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions.
    2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st           Promoted - Champions |FA Trophy Winners
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 26-11-2010 at 18:09.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Excellent campaign, Welsh Wizard. All you people storming through the BSP are making me look terrible

Amateur

Excellent campaign, Welsh Wizard. All you people storming through the BSP are making me look terrible
    If it's any consolation, I've stormed through without winning anything but playoffs

FMS Moderator Emeritus

If it's any consolation, I've stormed through without winning anything but playoffs
    That was my problem with Canvey on FM10, each promotion came via either the play-offs or finishing 2nd in the league. It meant that, despite taking them from the BSS to the Premier League, I didn't appear on the favoured personnel list until we won the League Cup.

Amateur

Finally! I'm deserving of the contract now!

Part-Timer

Sad news for football ;( Sir Alex Ferguson has decided to retire from football.

Mike Phelan has taken the reigns of Man United.

Just requested with the board to go FT but they did not see how it would benfit the club. They have now decided to consider it after some strong words.
    Training Facilities are also getting improved.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Finally! I'm deserving of the contract now!
    I'm a little worried about my contract situation. Was given a one year deal at the start of this season, OK we're doing a hell of a lot better than our media prediction and board expectation, but I could see the game being stupid and not giving me a new deal.

Part-Timer

Premier league management is like a merry-go-round in my game. Mick McCarthy is now Man Utd manager, despite achieving nothing elsewhere. Mancini's at Arsenal despite getting sacked by Man City. Avram Grant is Spurs manager, despite getting sacked after 9 months at Man City. Bizarre.

Amateur

Thanks
    Im gonna try again, this time i set it to stop at the 1st june.
    And it stopped at the 8th june :s.

Part-Timer
    The Future of Sports Journalism - www.somepeopleonthepitch.tumblr.com

You're meant to stop it seven days BEFORE, not after

Amateur

Hastings United FC - Blue Square South - 2012/13
    Media Prediction: 24st
    Actual Position : 3rd

Promoted again first time out, can't ask for much more. Playoffs again, again after falling early enough out of a title race. Our home record just wasn't the invincible beacon it was last year, and our defence became alot more leaky, however we scored the most in the division this year and that got us through. Will have to work on the defence to even compete in League 2.

League Table
    FA Cup
    After doing so well against Luton, I had to go and mess it up by losing my chance of a big 3rd Round payday to Hucknall.
    FA Trophy
    Looks like I won't ever be trying in this.

Transfers
    Had to up the standard to play in Blue Square Premier, having gone up, I'll have to do it again now, so there'll be lots more change.

Squad
    I would prefer to keep alot of the squad next year for stability, but we'll have to see.

Career Overview
    Season League Position Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12 Blue Square South 4th Playoff Winners
    2012/13 Blue Square Premier 3rd Playoff Winners

Next Season
    Last 2 seasons I aimed initially to stay up and ended up promoted, I'll take that again, thanks.

Amateur

I know
    But 3 times in a row it has stopped 7 days after the date i picked.

Amateur
    Azeroth. I'm one of the few WoW addicts who play FM just as much.....

FC United - BSS - 2013/14

League Table
    I can't begin to explain how bad I feel about this season. I was top of the league in Jan and stayed there for a couple of months before going on a shockingly bad run of games which ended with me finishing in 3rd, only 1 point behind 1st. So it was another attempt at the Play-offs for me, I didn't even get past the semi-finals this time, put out on penalties by Tamworth.

Top Scorer
    Same guy as last year, another great season for him. I think I shall try and sign someone better for next year just to make sure I win the extra couple of games that will get me promotion.

Star Player
    This was also going to be the same guy as when he played he was superb. Unfortunately he spent a good portion of the season out injured so I decided to pick someone who contributed throughout the year.

Short and sweet report as I have nothing much to say about this season, I just want to get it over with and crack on with next year.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on promotion, CSF

Unlucky on the poor run of form and play-off loss, evry1sfavedave

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Well that's a new one, the board have offered me the chance to change our expectations for the season. They wanted us to 'attempt to avoid relegation', unfortunately nothing less than offering them promotion will increase my wage budget, so I'll leave it as it is.

Part-Timer

Dear me, threw away a 4-1 lead at home on the first game of the season to draw 4-4... I thought I was going to win the league, too.

Amateur

Nantwich Town - 2013/14 Squad

My 3rd attempt at promotion from the Blue Square North having failed at the playoffs the previous 2 times. Do you think I've got a good enough squad this time around?

Goalkeepers
    Conrad Logan *
    Dave Parton

Defenders
    Phil Picken
    Lewis Toshney *
    Peter Gilbert
    Tom Parkes
    Daniel Boateng *
    Fraser Kerr
    Jay Simmonds

Midfielders
    Owain Tudur-Jones *
    Derek Niven
    Soloman Taiwo
    Kieran Murtagh
    Luke Joyce

Strikers
    Darryl Duffy *
    Gifton Noel-Williams
    Sam Williams
    Stefan Connor *

New signings for this season are marked with a *. Think my squads about done, perhaps another midfielder in on loan but as I only play 3 in the middle that's not too important.

May have overdone it with the screenies

Amateur

It's the last game of the first season for me at Truro, and it's the play-off final. However, I've posted this up in the bugs forum. The venue is Salisbury's stadium, that can't be right. Surely? My away form this season has been atrocious, very unfair to have to play the final at their ground. /sulk

FMS Moderator Emeritus

You should have no problem with some of those signings, Scooty. Conrad Logan, Darryl Duffy and Owain Tudur-Jones in particular would easily grace sides higher up the ladder. Hope it's third time lucky.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRedditch View Post
    It's the last game of the first season for me at Truro, and it's the play-off final. However, I've posted this up in the bugs forum. The venue is Salisbury's stadium, that can't be right. Surely? My away form this season has been atrocious, very unfair to have to play the final at their ground. /sulk
    Pretty sure it's not a bug. I believe that the club who finished higher in the league get to host the play-off final. Certainly I got a home play-off final last season and in real life I'm pretty sure that Fleetwood played their play-off final at their home ground.

Amateur

I replied in the other thread but I'll reply here aswell. Tinpot league, playoff finals are played at the highest placed team in it. Obviously being a Redditch fan you don't have to worry too much about the playoffs... Oooh that was low, I apologise..

Don't worry though, jump up a league and you'll get to play the playoff final at Wembley!

Hope you have better luck in the playoffs than I have so far, good luck

Amateur

Yeah, some real crackers! I had Tudor-Jones in League One in FM10 and he was a rock. Best of luck.

edit: cheers mate. I won the final, 2-1. Winner in 113th minute.

Amateur

well despite the chaos of this week work wise, with Black Ops and Kinect release i have finally found some time to finish my season and what a finish it was, got promoted via the play offs, full details to come tomorrow evening after work!

Chippenham are in the BSP

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRedditch View Post
    Yeah, some real crackers! I had Tudor-Jones in League One in FM10 and he was a rock. Best of luck.

edit: cheers mate. I won the final, 2-1. Winner in 113th minute.
    Congrats on the promotion! Hopefully I can follow you up this time around.

You should have no problem with some of those signings, Scooty. Conrad Logan, Darryl Duffy and Owain Tudur-Jones in particular would easily grace sides higher up the ladder. Hope it's third time lucky.
    Thanks mate! Me too. I'm getting fed up with this league.

Amateur

Truro City

Blue Square Bet South - 2011/2012

Media Prediction - 22nd

Final Position - 3rd (Play-Off Final Winners)

A rollercoaster year of horrendous away form and my top scorer essentially refusing to play for half of it, culminated in a thrilling 2-1 play-off final victory against Salisbury: courtesy of a 113th minute winner, a sublime freekick struck by my centre-back.

League

Transfers

Top Scorer - That's right, a bonafide England international...kinda

Sulky striker who scored 3 goals in the 3 play-off games to secure promotion

In other news we got to the FA Trophy Semi Final - losing 2-5 on aggregate to BSN Braintree, very disappointing.

Goals for next season
    Survive
    Sign some wicked players
    Sort out away form!!!

Season Review
    Code:
    Season		     League		League Finish	  		Other Notes
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/2012	Blue Square South	     3rd	  Promoted (Playoffs) FA Trophy Semi-Finalists
    Last edited by SuperRedditch; 14-11-2010 at 02:33.

Amateur

Well that's a new one, the board have offered me the chance to change our expectations for the season. They wanted us to 'attempt to avoid relegation', unfortunately nothing less than offering them promotion will increase my wage budget, so I'll leave it as it is.
    I had this, I was like ooooh, new feature!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post

What!?!!

Same thing happens in my game- I'm not expected to go far in the Trophy but am a challenger for the FA cup!
    Last edited by Junior89; 14-11-2010 at 05:30.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by timers View Post

[SIZE="4"]

Well done, I'm midway through my second season with Evesham and I'm still mid-table BSN! My best strikers all picked up injuries lasting months and my defence is useless as we've conceded 15 goals in our last 4 games. I'm going to have to start using a sweeper i think to emulate your success.

Semi Pro

Good to see you back on this challenge

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Quavis View Post
    Belated congrats to Annihilator666 and edin-dzeko on promotion! I fell so far behind doing my update and didn't see your posts the first time through.
    Thanks!

Preseason is killing me though. Six long-term (5 weeks or more) injuries in 4 preseason matches...

Amateur

I'm saved, my board has "re-structured" my debt and I've gone from being 700K+ in the red to 89k in the black...how the hell the 700k debt built I dont know....OK I'm over my wage budget by a tad, but blimey not a chance it was due to that

Amateur

Yup - I want to buy new referees. The ones i bribed clearly arent doing enough favours for me!

First 3 games of season 7 pts - Referee bribing went well.

Followed by - 4 defeats 1 draw. Need more bribes!

On a side note - has anyone seen "fan's day" matches yet?

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Hastings Utd

Mid Season Update - Jan 1st 2013

Season 2 - 2012/13 – Blue Square Premier
    Prediction - 24th
    Curently - 10th

Following Promotion in our first season the next step was always going to be tricky, there were plenty more ins and outs and the class of player available seemed much improved on what we had been looking at before, a new team was assembled and out we strode to take on the BSP,

Unfortunately, we started poorly and after 14 games we were in deep trouble and sitting in the relegation zone in 21st place,

A rethink of tactics and first choice eleven was needed, my star striker Danny Hoesen, who had been bought to terrorise defences couldnt hit a barn door, 32 hrs of football in a Hastings shirt before the first goal came, that took till mid december.

After a rethink and a different approach we have picked up, now we sit in 10th place and remarkably we are only 2 pts out of the play off places, so an extremely surprising tilt at the play offs may be ahead,

We have also made the 3rd round of the FA Cup and we have a home tie with Wolves in a couple of days, would have much prefered to be away as the finances are becoming a concern

All in all a poor start followed by a nice solid run of form have led to a pleasing if unspectacular first half of the season in the BSP

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Having just lost my FA Cup 3rd round tie to Wolves 2 - 0 (a great performance, and we outplayed them for periods)

I have just recieved a news item stating that i was expected to be one of the challengers for the FA Cup????????? What The ####, Im in the BSP

My Fans are also 'Concerned' following the defeat to Wolves

Has anyone else had this?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PVentress View Post
    Having just lost my FA Cup 3rd round tie to Wolves 2 - 0 (a great performance, and we outplayed them for periods)

I have just recieved a news item stating that i was expected to be one of the challengers for the FA Cup????????? What The ####, Im in the BSP

My Fans are also 'Concerned' following the defeat to Wolves

Has anyone else had this?
    Yes. Seems its a normal message - it is also usually followed by: despite loosing the team can be proud of reaching xx round.

Im "glad" i'm not the only one getting losses and draws in 90+ mins playtime

Part-Timer

Brilliant, threw away a 4-1 lead to 4-4...

Subs Bench

Firstly, @swinburnfcum - Follow, and you get to see my ugly mug (Who else is twittering their FM, coz I'm on a follow mission)

Follow me @dazza1889

Amateur

Yes Peter Webster, im in the BSS, but of course we have a chance of winning the FA Cup!

Amateur

Vikeologist's Bradford PA - End of season update - 2011/12

Media prediction - 19th
    Final position - 21st

I really thought that we'd survive. 14 points from survival after a pathetic 13 points from the first 24 games, we turned it around and were just 2 points from safety with 3 games to go. However 2 losses (each with a sending off due to tackles that 'have no place in the modern game' blah blah blah), meant that it was all over with one game left in the season. I resigned. I left the club in 20th place, but they lost the last game without me and slipped another place.

So what went wrong.

Sendings off - We had 7 red cards, and every single one of them involved our player diving in with both feet, stamping on the other player's head and urinating on them while my other players complained that the freshly appeared red card was unmerited. They were a bunch of psychos.

Funnily enough, we didn't pick up all that many yellow cards, 44, although I think 8 of those were in one game against our local rivals Guiseley, and most of the others were for complaining to referees. Very few involved tackling an opponent, rather than wandering absent mindedly around the pitch while the other team stole the ball and stormed off towards goal.

Injuries to strikers. Just as Michael Ricketts had found his Billy the Hotshot boots, he went down injured for 3 months, (as did his replacement about 20 minutes into his first game). Ricketts finished with 15 goals from 28 starts, which suggests that we may have fared better if he'd been fit for the other 18 or so games.

But apart from that, it was just a lack of confidence. Once we started winning and confidence improved we picked up 29 points from 15 games until the end of season came and our players received annonymous letters claiming that upcoming opposition players had been sleeping with their wives. I don't want to make a criminal allegation, but the handwriting did look suspiciously like that of the Guiseley manager.

FA Cup - 1st Round
    FA Trophy - 1st Round. 2-0 up, we conceded 4 goals in the last 25 minutes and lost 4-3

Code:
    Season             League        League Finish              Other Notes
    2011/2012    Blue Square North         21st               23 League games without a win followed by 9 wins in 17 games not enough to survive.
    Anyway, as a demonstration of bloody-mindedness, I'm not giving up. I have followed the challenge instructions. Hednesford have arrived in the Blue Square South (or maybe it's the North) as a new team. I applied for the job, and they gave it to me straight away. I will try another few end of 11/12 season reloads to see if Folkestone turn up, but I will be back with a second club and I will take them to Premiership glory. It's been a different and interesting season, and will just make me appreciate the relentless glory of the next few seasons.

The only thing that leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth is that Bradford PA don't have me as one of their favourred personnel. Whatever happened to gratitude?
    Last edited by vikeologist; 14-11-2010 at 13:12.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I'm guessing the whole 'expected to have a chance of winning the FA Cup' is a bug to do with the fact that the teams in question were expected to win through the qualifying rounds and that the game sees that and winning the whole thing as one and the same.

Amateur

I'm guessing the whole 'expected to have a chance of winning the FA Cup' is a bug to do with the fact that the teams in question were expected to win through the qualifying rounds and that the game sees that and winning the whole thing as one and the same.
    Tbh, i quite like the bug, it makes me think that maybe i will actually win it!............or not i just went out in the forth qualifying round, damn hampton and richmond

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by darren1983 View Post
    Follow me @dazza1889
    @DSmallberries is following.

Twitter high five

Amateur

@$*H@$S"@G&*$H$@ASF*AFHG

Whilst tidying the house up, stepdad turned the f'ing power off! I've had to go back FOUR games. Luckily, the last time I saved was just after the Chelsea game. I've played those 3 now though.

****ed off though. I still lost to Southend 2-0, but I had beaten MK Dons 2-0 and Stevenage 1-0, but ended up drawing 2-2 and losing 3-2. The only good point is that I get another chance in the FA Cup 4th. I had lost 2-0 to Wigan, now I get another shot.

I feel like if I win this, it'll be so undeserved.

Banned

GET IN!

Just beat Crewe in the First Round of the FA CUP 3-1, they are a league above us.... hoping for an easy tie next to get in the 3rd round and the big boys where the money is at.

P.s Am in the BSP at the mo in my second season, not doing to badly in 13th position after 15 odd games.
    Last edited by Hans Bwixs; 14-11-2010 at 14:01.

Banned

Just been drawn to Cheltenham away in the second round of the FA Cup... Could have been easier

Subs Bench

@DSmallberries is following.

Twitter high five
    dazza89 following *sends high five over the internet*

Amateur

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Take it where you get it, swinburn. I'm sure you'll take your fair share of bad luck during the challenge.

Just bullied my board into offering me a new two year deal. Told them that if they didn't offer me a deal we'd run the risk of falling behind our rivals

Amateur

Take it where you get it, swinburn. I'm sure you'll take your fair share of bad luck during the challenge.

Just bullied my board into offering me a new two year deal. Told them that if they didn't offer me a deal we'd run the risk of falling behind our rivals
    I shouldn't feel bad about winning haha. Good to hear your board gave in

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dons View Post
    On a side note - has anyone seen "fan's day" matches yet?
    Yea, I've had a couple.

Amateur

I know this will probably curse me, but I'm having an unbelievable start to my first season in the BSP: 6 games played, 6 wins and only 2 goals conceded.

Amateur

Has anyone seen any strange things during their management period?

For example, Gus Poyet's Brighton are in the Premier League on my game!

Part-Timer

Swindon manager Danny Wilson doesn't like me. Being my parent club, we have a pre-season friendly with them every year, and every year, Danny Wilson comes out in the media slagging me off! Apparently I am 'entirely out of my depth' and 'hard to get on with'! Probably explains why I never get any loan players!

I suppose it doesn't help that I just beat them 3-1.

Part-Timer

Ridiculous, I'm doing absolute ***** in my second season - relegation beckons, perhaps?

Amateur

Drew 1-1 with West Ham in the 5th round, and the replay is at home

Should we win, we'll face Burnley or Northampton in the 6th.

Amateur

Halfway into first season. Have to say this is an amazing striker!

Spoiler

Early season scouting

Part-Timer

Anyone not getting put in the reserve leagues dispite accepting the offer at the start of the season?

Amateur

Here's my end of season review for Evesham United 2012/13.

I brought in a completely fresh squad of players that my scouts and coaches thought were even better than the ones I had last year.
    Key signings were Anthony Atkin in goal, Steve Smith at CB, Josh Rees in CM and Nicola Saric and Davide Somma upfront. A lot of these players were rated as having potential for leagues 1 or 2 so I was expecting great things from the team.

To begin with they did. After 11 games 1 was in 1st position and the team were playing well, and then they collapsed. In the next 26 games I only won twice and we fell to 19th place. My strikers were skinning defenders but blasting the ball high and wide, my defence was ludicrously easy to play through and on 5 occasions the winning goal came from freak crosses that somehow ended up in the back of the net. After Christmas i started playing with 5 at the back which kept things tighter but meant we were scoring even less than before. The crazy thing was we were supposedly Accomplished at 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 but that did not transfer onto the pitch, my coaches tell me we get overawed by the opposition with high reputations (everyone compared with us). Apart from that I can only assume the youth of the squad contributed to the disastrous performances.

I thought I was going down but 10 points from our last 4 games kept us up and we finished in 14th. 4 places down on last year, I haven't been anywhere near the playoffs. To make things even more embarrassing Northwich Victoria, who were promoted with me have made the playoffs both seasons.

Despite this I'm not changing things much for next season, going to bring in a CB and RM, offload 5 or 6 players and pray that this season was an aberration! Unless my scouts find any quality that tempts me...

Financially the club is basically going bust - i've racked up 300k of debt despite being well under my wage limit. the board have just chopped £1000 off my wage allowance for next season! (to 2k a week) The problem is we can only get 200 through the gates for home matches which is not enough to cover the "other costs" never mind the players' wages. I'm not at all sure what to do about this.

The premier league continued to be a total merry-go-round as Chelsea and Man City both sacked their managers in November again! Roy Hodgson went to manage Fulham. Liverpool replaced Mick McCarthy with Owen Coyle. Alex Ferguson released Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov on free transfers!!

Amateur

Okay, I can beat Chelsea 3-2 and Wigan 2-1, yet I lose 6-0 to Bury and I'm currently 2-0 down to Hereford.

Amateur

1st season in the Blue Square Premier,

10 Games to go and only 2 pts off the play offs after a sensational run of form

Maybe my thoughts of survival could turn to an unexpected play off tilt after all

Fingers Crossed

Amateur

ok going to start doing my write up in the next 1/2 hour or so, how do i do that "code" type thingy that people have in their write ups?

Amateur

Marine
    Mid Season Update - Jan 1st 2012
    Season 2 - 2011/12 – Blue Square Premier
    Prediction – 22nd
    Curently – 6th

We had a slow start to the season, and we were down in 14th place after 13 games. 5 wins in our last 8 games has seen us rise up to 6th in the table, just outside of the play offs. Hopefully we can use this platform to really push on and secure a play off spot at the end of the year.

We went out of the FA Cup in the 2nd qualifying round to non-league Colwyn Bay, which was disappointing. However we are still in the FA Trophy, having beaten Blue Square Premier side Wrexham in the previous round.

Our lack of goals has been slightly concerning, with only 24 in 21 league games. This is considerably less than the other teams around us. Part of the problem has been the lack of goals from my star striker Porya Ahmadi. He has just 2 goals in 22 starts, despite all of my scouts and coaches saying he is far too good for this league. Hopefully he’ll bag a few in the second half of the season. My top scorer is currently on loan winger Harry Agombar who has 4 from 17 starts. I really need someone to step and start scoring on a regular basis.

In contrast, my defence has been solid all year. We’ve only conceded 19 goals in 21 league games, and that’s the main reason we are as high as we are in the league. Centre Back pairing Kieran Kennedy and Sam Griffiths have been my standout players so far, with Kennedy in particular looking good.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jsar View Post
    ok going to start doing my write up in the next 1/2 hour or so, how do i do that "code" type thingy that people have in their write ups?
    (CODE)Text in here(/CODE) ( and ) = [ and ]

or press the # icon when posting.

Following you now! Will post some updates aswell on twitter soon

Part-Timer

What a goal! But did he mean it?!?

Noticed something weird about this video too. It's marked up as an OG by the keeper, but in the game, it's Bailey's goal. But this straightforward header is in the game as an OG! What the hell?

Amateur

Wow. Currently 2nd place in the BSP with FC United and just got through to the FA Cup 3rd round. First round we got a struggling L1 team in Sheff Wed (the team I support) at Hillsborough and we beat them 1-0. Then we got a home game against Brentford (L1) and beat them comfortably 2-0. The 3rd round draw has just been made and we got......Man Utd at Old Trafford!

Amateur

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

I'll calm down now.

Amateur

I don't play for a couple of days, come back and you're going to win everything already. Damn you.

Well done to everyone who has been promoted over the weekend. Back to the game now - Liverpool coming to Hastings in two games. Joy of joys.

Is it my game or does everyone else have this aswell: a lot of manager get sacked. Almost 1 or 2 a week!?!?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Is it my game or does everyone else have this aswell: a lot of manager get sacked. Almost 1 or 2 a week!?!?
    There do seem to be quite of a lot of sackings and it seems to happen in phases.
    Last edited by KLH84; 14-11-2010 at 19:35.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast