+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 4347

Thread: dafuge's FM11 challenge

Amateur

The Battle of Anfield

Liverpool 1 - Hastings Utd 1

How we withstood 20 shots on goal and only conceded 1 goal is a mystery. If I'm honest I would rather have lost the game because fixtures are starting to kill my squad and we're in danger of burning out. Obviously I'm absolutely chuffed to have Liverpool coming to Hastings but...promotion is key here!

The other plus side to this result is the £700k that has come into my bank balance. I'm certain I won't be allowed to use it but nevermind eh?

Amateur

Final Day Play by Play - Extended highlights only for all games!
    All times are in Chippenham game time. Bold Items happen during the Chippenham vs Newport Co. match.

Minute 8: Dartford have gotten off to on a fantastic start. White scores in the 5th minute to give them a 1 goal lead! (Reminder: Dartford must win!)
    Eastleigh have going ahead 1-0 on a Hendry penalty in minute 6. (Eastleigh can not win)
    Dover has taken a 1-0 leader over Braintree on a Charles goal. (Dover can not win)

Minute 12: First real action in the Chippenham match. Newport Co.'s Clark has a shot on goal that is saved, but forced wide for a corner. No changes elsewhere.

Minute 14: Bagshaw picked up an injury for Chippenham. He's had to come off. Ethan Mannion is being brought in to replace him.

Minute 18: Newport Co.'s Clark finds himself in behind the defense. He fires from the edge of the box but its saved by Jansson!

Minute 20: Somehow the braintree v Dover match is behind our game by several minutes. Braintree's K. Davies has just scored in the 17th minute their to even the tie at 1. (Dover can not win)
    A great counter attach see O'Connor loft it ahead to Mannion. Mannion plays a wonderful through ball to Gibson who is behind the defense. Gibson slots it by the keeper to give Chippenham a 1-0 lead!
    (Chippenham is now in the 5th and final playoff spot)

Minute 22: Newport Co. has another attempt on goal, saved made by Jansson!

Minute 23: Newport Co.'s Reid fires a laser from the top of the box into the far corner. The tie is now level at 1-1. (Chippenham falls back to 8th)
    J. Poole Scores for H&RB to make it 1-0 over Bishop's stortford. (H&Rb can not gain +6 GD even if Chippenham win)

Minute 26: Newport Co., earns a free kick after an Adam Forshaw foul from a dangerous spot. Fortunantly it is fired well wide.

Minute 28: Knott fires in a cross looking for Mannion in the box. Its intercepted and knocked behind the goal. Corner for Chippenham.
    Knott whips the corner towards the back post. O'Connor heads it back across the goal, but its tipped over by the keeper. Another corner for Chippenham.
    The second corner finds its way into a wide open space in the middle of the box. There are no Chippenham players there and its cleared.
    Eastleigh's Ralph makes it 2-0. They are now sitting confortably in 4th position. (Eastleigh can not win)

Minute 32: Cole lobs a pass to Hubbins who is streaking into the box. Newport Co.'s Todd makes a challenge and knocks him down! Chippenham are appealing for a penalty, but none is given.
    McCabe finds an open Forshaw in the middle of the pitch. Forshaw attempts a long range shot but it is well high.

Minute 33: Newport Co.'s Mattijs gets a header on goal. Saved by Jansson.

Minute 35: H&R's Ian Hodges adds a second to make it 2-0 over Bishop's Stortford. (H&RB can't gain more than +6 GD if both win)
    Newport Co.'s clark beats his man and has a shot on goal. Jansson comes up with another important save!

Minute 37: Chippenham's Day lobs a beautiful pass to Mannion at the edge of the box. Mannion plays a through ball to Hubbin's who is making a run at the far post!. Hubbins slots it home to make it 2-1 Chippenham! Newport Co. are appealing for offsides, but the goal will stand. (Chippenham move up to 6th)
    St. Albans's McKenna has pulled 1 back to make it 2-1 Eastleigh. (Eastleigh must not win)

Minute 40: Newport Co's Clark takes another shot. It goes well wide.

Minute 43: Chippenham's Gibson takes a shot from outside the box that also sails wide.

Minute 45: Clark has another shot go wide. He has been Newport Co.'s best player by far this match. 2 minutes of stoppage time will be played.

Minute 45(+1) Mannion makes a run from midfield and gets a shot on target. Saved by the Newport Co. keeper.

Minute 45(+2) The wistle blows for half time!
    I've decided to go ahead and post a halftime update. If everything were to finish as it stands, Chippenham would finish 6th and miss out on the playoffs by GD. Amazingly, GD is all that seperates 3-8 at this point. Positions 3-8 are all level on 70 points, and GD would decide 3 of the 4 playoff positions! What a day this is going to be.

Amateur

Default Colwyn Bay - The Beginning

Colwyn Bay - Season 1 Blue Square North
    Here's me signing in.
    Apologies for my manager screenshot being done part of the way in to the season.

Started very well to the season!

Squad

Results

League Table

Amateur

HENDON DONS 2013/14 SEASON REVIEW: League 2

Squad

CUPS:
    Lost round 1 in League Cup and JPT.
    FA CUP:
    4th round draw at home against Birmingham. . Lost 0-1

BOARD SAYS MY JOB PERFORMANCE HASN'T DESERVED AN EARLY EXTENSION(1st in L2)? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT THE EFF.

My board is now 100% certified BS and I hope these a-holes gtfo soon(I was all gimme extentsion NOW so they did).

woohoo in same discussion they'll grant training upgrades. woo they suck slightly less now.

Playoff secured with 4 games to go. just need 2 points to secure promotion.

Darlington Manager tips me for promotion. GASP SHOCK what a bold statement.

Board give me an extra 725k transfer budget with 3 matches to go, and after ive been promoted. SO HELPFUL!

Record:

WINS:28
    DRAWS:8
    LOSSES:10

League Table

Key Signings:

Transfers

MC-Alan McCormack-2 years-$1500/wk age: 29(at start)
    Games Played:39
    Goals:5
    ASsists:5
    MoM:2
    AVG Rating:7.04
    Pretty much this guy was just a staple of the team.

ST- David Ball-2 years-$1900/wk age:23(at start)
    Games Played: 39
    Goals:20
    ASsists:8
    MoM:6
    AVG Rating:7.26

DC-Bailey Wright-2 years-$1900/wk age:20(when signed)
    Games Played:12
    Goals:2
    tackles/90:1.14
    MoM:2
    AVG Rating:7.04

Thoughts:

Season went as planned, except I wasn't expecting a deep run in the FA Cup.
    I went on a long run of good form, which ended abruptly, and was follwed by some less
    than stellar performances. For the most part I was fine with any top 3 position, and winning
    was fine. Did I mention how much I like that it's not only the top spot getting for sure promotion
    from here on out? Next season I will get a bunch of new guys, and expect to promote again.
    This is where it starts to get slightly more difficult, and where I feel the mindless grind to get
    here is now over and we will see a slight increase in actual difficulty.

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Awesome result KLH84, well done! Wish I had someone like Liverpool in the 3rd round, i've had to settle for Luton!

Great update Quavis, good luck for the second half.

Part-Timer
    The Future of Sports Journalism - www.somepeopleonthepitch.tumblr.com

Ridiculous, no? Especially seeing as though I'm in the BSN His profile.

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Quote Originally Posted by oldhammad View Post
    Ridiculous, no? Especially seeing as though I'm in the BSN His profile.
    Nicely done, I got him in the BSP.

Amateur

Loads of players seem to turn down higher clubs on this version. A few players have chosen me over league sides who have offered them deals too. And its not just me. I rashly offered 2 players contracts but withdrew my offer when league sides started sniffing and I found cheaper options.. and I kept getting news items saying they'd snubbed league sides over and over. Eventually they ended up going to places like Marine... Bizarre. Maybe squad status means much more in this version and they're not happy warming the bench at league clubs.

Amateur

And we are back for the second half! Chippenham lead 2-1 at the break, but it won't be enough for them to make the playoffs. With 3-8 level on points, everything is still to play for. Just about everyone in Hardenhuish Park has broken out the cellphone to try and find out what is going on around the rest of the league.

Final Day Play by Play - Extended highlights only for all games!
    All times are in Chippenham game time. Bold Items happen during the Chippenham vs Newport Co. match.

Start of the Second Half

Minute 50: Chippenham play the ball into the box and the officials whistle blows. The crowd is shouting for a penalty, but the referee has called the foul on the Chippenham player.

Minute 51: Newport Co. crosses the ball into the box. Clark makes a diving bid and makes contact with it! Chippenham keeper Jansson comes up with a fine save to stop the close range effort.

Minute 53: Word slowly filters into the stadium that lowly Dartford has scored a second goal to regain their lead over Wellingham. It is now 2-1 there. If that results stands, Chippenham would slip into the playoffs in 5th! The roar from the fans can only drive the Chippenham players to keep going!

Minute 56: Newport Co. are going to make a change. Its Gary Warren on for Chris Todd.

Minute 59: Newport Co.'s Reid plays a wonderful through ball to Mathjis down on the byline. Mathjis crosses it directly across the face of the goal, but no one is able to get to it and tap it in. Thats a lucky break for Chippenham.

Minute 60: The Chippenham manager has decided to make a change. Luke Hubbin's scored the go ahead goal for Chippenham, but has since picked up a slight knock. He leaves the field to a standing ovation and is replaced by Frederick Champion.

Minute 65: Substitute Champion has a long range shot on target from the wing. The Newport Co. Goalkeeper flubs it, but no one is able to pounce on the rebound.

Minute 66: Newport Co. are making a substition. Its Darryl Knights on for George Baldock. Clearly Newport Co. is not prepared to lose this game even though they would still make the playoffs. (AN: This is scaring me now. If something happens it will be two Dafuges challenge legends to change this, Charlie Sheringham (who scored for Dartford) and Darryl Knights.
    Chippenham have launched a breakout counter-attack! Champion makes the run to midfield and then dumps it ahead to a wide open Mannion with only the keeper to beat! His shot looks to be on target but the Newport keeper had come way off his line to cut down the angle and makes an accrobattic save!

Minute 77: Darryl Knights powers a cross in from the corner. Newport Co.'s clark is perfectly positioned for the header and its on goal! Jansson does well to tip it over the bar. On the ensuing corner the wistle has blown in the box, but its for an offensive foul and the pressure is temporarily relieved.

Minute 80: Champion has another long range shot from the wing. Again the Newport Co. keeper bobbles it and again no one is there to tap it in. Surely this must be driving the Chippenham manager insane. 1 more goal would probably settle the match for good.
    Knights leads a counter-attack for Newport Co. Clark finds himself in space at the edge of the box and fires the shot! Chippenham fans hold their breaths as it sails inches wide of the far post. Chippenham are playing with fire but not putting this one away. Can they hold on?

Bishshop's Stortford have pulled 1 back against Hampton and Richmond. If current results hold this will have no effect on whether H&R make the playoffs, but there is still time left.

Minute 82: Chippenham are going to make a change. Its Ronnie Hawkins on for Knott. Knott is clearly the better of the two, so perhaps he has picked up a knock. Of course it could just be a timewasting ploy by the Chippenham manager.
    Forshaw has a long range effort on target. The Newport Co. keeper makes the easy save.

Minute 85: Newport Co.'s Mathjis has a long range effort. The ball was curling beautifully into the corner, but a diving save from Jansson kept it out.

Minute 88: Champion has gone down and needs medical attention. The Chippenham boss looks concerned as he has already used his last sub. Champion is forced to come off and Chippenham will be a man down for the remaining few minutes of the game.

Minute 90: The chippenham crowd has suddenly gone very quiet. Something must have happened somewhere else. Ah here we go, it looks as if Dover have scored to take the lead at home against Braintree. That jumps them all the way up to 3rd and knocks Chippenham out of the playoff picture.

Minute 90(+4): The final whistle has blown! Chippenham wins 2-1. There is very little celebration around the ground though. The players are looking slightly confused. No one has the heart to tell them Dover has just scored again in the 3rd minute of stoppage time to secure their win. The season is over for Chippenham Town.

End Final Day Recap

I'm absolutely gutted. If you had asked me at the start of the day, I probably would have been happy to win and still not make the playoffs. There were just too many things that had to go exactly my way for it to happen. To have it all go right until the 90th minute, and then to lose it to something I have no control over is harsh. 6th is still a fantastic finish to the season, but right now it just all feels empty. Season recap to be posted at some point later in the day, but right now I need a drink.

Part-Timer

Unlucky Quavis, good effort!

Just beat L2 Luton 3-0 in the FA cup third round. Hopefully we get a big side in the fourth round!
    Last edited by Gypsum; 13-11-2010 at 00:13.

Part-Timer

Maybe I knew him because he's on loan at Oldham atm, so when his name popped up I was like 'oh!'

Part-Timer

For all the Colwyn Bay players, here's a preview of what I'm up to: Sexy kit!
    Last edited by fcunitedfan; 13-11-2010 at 01:00.

Amateur
    AcidBurn's Continental Dominance Challenge- Churchill Brothers - Indian National League

Seven defeats in a row and it's getting hard to envisage Chesham as eventual Champions of Europe, or even this save game making it past the first season.

Part-Timer

First pre-season friendly of the new season against Hearts, lost 4-2 but a good showing In the end we had the most possession and had a goal disallowed, really happy.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fcunitedfan View Post
    For all the Colwyn Bay players, here's a preview of what I'm up to: Sexy kit!
    Looks very promising mucker!
    If you make an away kit i'd love to use them!

Amateur

Unlucky Quavis mate, great updates though. I enjoyed reading through them. I feel your pain.

And congrats Gypsum on making the 4th round. I'm still yet to win a single cup tie. Or playoff match for that matter. I'm not enjoying knockout stuff so far on this game.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    Nicely done, I got him in the BSP.
    Cedric Evina club \o/ High Five

Part-Timer

I've drawn Reading or Swindon in the FA cup 4th round. Gutted!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Doggystyle View Post
    Looks very promising mucker!
    If you make an away kit i'd love to use them!
    I'm going to give the away kit a go, if I can find a good picture of it.

Amateur

Hello - sorry to go back to the OP, but I am having trouble dl'ing the links 1,2 or 3. I manage to save no. 2 into C: Program Files\SI\FM11\Data\Updates, but when I go into preferences - extra files there is nothing there. Any idea's? Thanks.

Part-Timer

My Colwyn Bay pre-season went badly in terms of match results. The screenshot was taken a couple of games into the season. After my first game, I was first in the league! Shame I lost my second league game, but it was a very close game.

friendlies and first two league games.

I've signed ten players so far in my first season. Here they are. They're all pretty key signings, but the player I'm happiest about signing is Michael O'Halloran.
    Last edited by fcunitedfan; 13-11-2010 at 00:54.

Amateur

2nd season, horrible start. Currently 8th, pushing for running promotions through the playoffs!

Amateur

Either Grimsby or FC United will play Chelsea in the English FA Cup Third Round.
    My heart has just sank.

Amateur

Chippenham Town Season Review - BSS - 2011/12

Media Prediction: 22nd
    Actually Finish: 6th

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We missed out on the playoffs on goal difference on the final day. 6th is a fantastic conclusion to a season that did not start well at all for me. I made many mistakes this first season as a manger and I think we are positioned well to bounce back and win the BSS next year.

Transfers Part 1 & 2 - I brought in way to many players at the start and could not get the squad to gel. As better players became available in the year, many of the guys I bought it never came close to the first team. They are all on long term contracts and will be a drag on wages until I can offload them again.

Squad

I think the squad as it stands now is good enough to secure automatic promotion next season. I will still be looking to strengthen it wherever possible in the off season if I can free up the budget to do so. I still cant get the best players available from last season to talk to me this year, so chances of the best from this next year signing right away are slim. Unless there is someone I just have to sign, I'm going to try and take it easy on new recruits (always easier said than done).

Best Players

GK
    Mr. Butterfingers / Stats vs Oscar Jansson / Stats - The stats actually make it look even closer than it was. As soon as Oscar joined us we really started to turn the season around. I had no idea what eccentricity did prior to this year, and I will never again make that mistake. Avoid it like the plague!

Defense
    Anthony O'Connor
    - A rock in the back line. His signing dramatically improved my back four and helped to stem the flood of goals we had been allowing. Defense is still a major weak point on the squad that I will be hoping to improve. I really need a lock down partner for O'Connor.

Midfield
    Rhys McCabe
    - Rhys was another late signing that made a big impact. His creativity and play making ability gave the strikers a needed boost and allowed them to flourish after he was signed.

Luke Hubbins - Luke was in-effective for over half of the season and it was completely my fault. I had used him as a wide midfielder and he didn't seem to think he should be running at people. With 15 pace, he was wasting his most powerful asset. When I moved him to the winger role and allowed him to run at the defense, he became much more effective. He will either be used again in this role next year, or possibly be moved up to ST to allow his pace to allow him to run at slow central defenders. The winger spots are weak points in my midfield that I need to improve this off season.

Strikers

Felix Gibson was my Captain and leading scorer with 18 goals. He struggled early in the season, but was much more comfortable once Rhys joined to feed him through balls. I also changed the way I was usuing him from a denfensive forward setting up the goals to a supporting target man. When he didn't have to drop quite as deep for the balls he was able to run at defenders more and created more chances.

Callum Bagshaw - When not injured Callum played best as my super sub. If i brought him on late his lack of pace didn't seem to hurt him as much and he did well. If i started him, he didn't play nearly as well. If he doesn't leave during the off season, he will be restricted to playing off the subs bench next season.

Cups
    The cups were a complete disaster for us as mentioned in my mid season update. We bombed out of both very early. While it probably help us in our late run to try and secure a playoff spot, it crushed us financially.

Finances
    I was bleeding money all season. By season end our balance was -80k. My average attendance was only around 300 until the very end of the season. The only games that saw 600+ crowds were the opener and the season finale on the last day when we had a shot at promotion. I'm hoping to stay higher in the table next season, as well as hoping to have a successful fan day to get those attendances up. I'm hoping I can sell of a few extra parts during the transfer window to raise some money. If not I will likely have to play at least a couple big money pre-season games which I do not like to do. Hopefully next year we can at least have some sort of cup run as well.

The Board

So far my board has been relatively good to me. At the start of the season they increased my maximum amount of scouts. I couldn't find 6, but at least they let me try. Later towards the end of the season, I asked for the board to allow me to scout the rest of Europe. They disagreed at first, but were talked into it. At this point I can't afford the trips, and anyone who I might find probably wouldn't sign for me. However, this will be critical in the future and I'm glad they have agreed to it so early. The final thing I asked for this season was for more coaching spots. Again they told me they didn't agree the spots were needed, but again I was able to convince them to let me have them anyways. I hope to find some new coaches for these spots in the off season.

Goals for the off season:

Offload some of the squad deadwood. Bring in 3-4 key players to strengthen the squad. Sign extra coaches to improve the training regimen.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season              League                     Final Pos.              Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12       Blue Square South             5th

Chippenham Town 100+ club

Code:
    Name (Position) League Games (Overall Games); League Goals (Overall Goals); Average Rating
    (Dates at club)

No entrants yet

Part-Timer

I'm torn between my FC United save, and my Colwyn Bay save. Both are becoming quite fun to play, but which do you all think will be a more interesting team to manage after a few seasons?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie147 View Post
    Hello - sorry to go back to the OP, but I am having trouble dl'ing the links 1,2 or 3. I manage to save no. 2 into C: Program Files\SI\FM11\Data\Updates, but when I go into preferences - extra files there is nothing there. Any idea's? Thanks.
    Make sure you put in the right folder within updates. It needs to be in updates\update-1110 (or new one if hotfix created it)\db\1110\edt\ .

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fcunitedfan View Post
    I'm torn between my FC United save, and my Colwyn Bay save. Both are becoming quite fun to play, but which do you all think will be a more interesting team to manage after a few seasons?
    My guess would be Colwyn Bay would be harder. FC united starts with a much bigger advantage due to the higher reputation as well as a big ground (which helps financially). Everyone who is playing as FC united seems to sign the people who still wont talk to me :P

However, as you are obviously and FC united fan, you may prefer to go with them. It will help keep you interested much longer long term, even when things don't go so well. In the end its all personal preference

Amateur

Amateur

I'd forgotten how much of a pain trying to find staff is in fm2011 in the BSS. Everyone wants 700+ and I can still only offer 110 lol. Would be nice if the "Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets" would automattically get rid of the stupid wage ones.

Amateur

Just beat league leaders Fleetwood 3-0! I'm second, they're still 7 points ahead after that though and there's only 4 games left. Think I'm gonna have to settle on a dreaded playoff spot again.

Amateur

Marine A.F.C.

2011/2012 Season

Media Prediction = 22nd
    Actual Position = 1st

League Table - The Blue Square North title was sealed on the final day of the season with an unconvincing 3-2 victory over Lowestoft, fan favourite Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu scoring a brace. Despite the fantastic and unexpected success, I still have some reservations about my teams ability after they began to falter towards the end of the season. Stepping up a league will be a real challenge, and i'm going to have to make some big changes. A limited wage budget may hinder my progress, however.

Highlight of the Season - Marine vs Plymouth A fantastic victory for the club, and also a big financial boost. The only drawback is seeing their kit sponsor and really craving a Ginsters pasty, which are rather tricky to get hold of in Canada :/ Managed to go 2-0 up at Wigan in the next round before falling to a 5-2 defeat.

2012/13 Season

Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction - 24th

Starting Squad - As you can see, I have once more nearly changed my entire team. I have alot of faith in my strong strike force this season. I may regret telling the board that I am expecting to win the Blue Square Premier title this season but you never know!

Captain - Oliver Nicholas Vice-Captain - Pablo Couñago

Let me know if you want to see any additional screenshots, time is fairly tight atm so its difficult to do a full update

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Quavis View Post
    I'd forgotten how much of a pain trying to find staff is in fm2011 in the BSS. Everyone wants 700+ and I can still only offer 110 lol. Would be nice if the "Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets" would automattically get rid of the stupid wage ones.
    I'm gonna drop some names of people I found. In general, I found that if I set reputation to obscure, anyone that still comes up I have at least a chance to sign. The following guys I found I consider very nice for the BSS. I've signed them long term, so I'm sure their stats will plummet lol. Both are ex-players so should appear in most peoples games.

Gary Hart - Will likely be my Str/Aerobic trainer for next year.
    John Purdie - Should be an excellent Defense/tactics coach.

Again, your milage may vary.

Edit: My new scout, found the same way as with coaches. Another ex-player. Definitely a keeper!

Andy Bott
    Last edited by Quavis; 13-11-2010 at 04:57.

Amateur

Congrats on Promotion Westothebpow!

Amateur

I've made the playoffs again. A position higher this season. 4th I finished. Fleetwood threw the title away, Stafford won the league who were below me when I said Fleetwood were out of reach. Damn my last few results.

Am not too confident considering my last 3 results.. after a tremendous run from february to early april I go into the playoffs on the back of 3 games without a win and a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Worcester.

Results (Clicky)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scooty_BAFC View Post
    I've made the playoffs again. A position higher this season. 4th I finished. Fleetwood threw the title away, Stafford won the league who were below me when I said Fleetwood were out of reach. Damn my last few results.

Am not too confident considering my last 3 results.. after a tremendous run from february to early april I go into the playoffs on the back of 3 games without a win and a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Worcester.

Results (Clicky)
    GL Scooty Prior to the final few games it looks like you were on a roll. Hopefully the lads can find that form again!
    Last edited by Quavis; 13-11-2010 at 05:36.

Amateur

Bah! I hate Playoffs!

Boo Hoo

Was all going fine until I had 2 men sent off and a player injured. Cruel.

2 years in a row. Need to go for the title next season.

Full season update will come when I've recovered from that.. probably in about 3 days

Amateur

Bah! I hate Playoffs!

Boo Hoo

Was all going fine until I had 2 men sent off and a player injured. Cruel.

2 years in a row. Need to go for the title next season.

Full season update will come when I've recovered from that.. probably in about 3 days
    Doh! Knockout games are brutal. They are hard enough with 11 men on the pitch, much less with 8! At least you got the game to stoppage time. I'm sure you'll get promoted next year.

Banned

Here's a little update for you guys on my Tootin & Mitcham save after 15 games in the first season, not doing to badly...

Amateur

Make sure you put in the right folder within updates. It needs to be in updates\update-1110 (or new one if hotfix created it)\db\1110\edt\ .
    Thanks for your reply. My folders only go upto Sports Interactive/FM11/Data/Updates, there doesn't seem to be an Update-1110. Apologies, my knowledge is limited on things like this.

Looking forward to starting this challenge, not sure which club to start with, but preferably someone with a rep of below 1000.

Part-Timer

2nd friendly, 1-4 against West Ham - played quite well, so I'm not disheartened

Banned

Just signed ex England midfield international....... (drum roll please) ...... Lee Hendrie for Tooting & Mitcham. First game so far and got a 7 rating and hit the crossbar with a 35 yard free kick.. hopefully will produce the goods.

Banned

Upto to 6th not courtesy of a 4-1 win against Eastleigh.

Check out this goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG5goNvKWbg

Amateur

A small update.

I got promoted in my first season by winning the Blue Square South league, so I'm now in the Blue Square Premier.

I've made a few new signings (all for free, as I don't have a transfer budget) and I sold my first player for £4.5K

Part-Timer

A bit of an ill tempered match!

Got a dilemma coming up. Next match i'm playing 2nd place Mansfield who are my only real competition for 1st place, but a few days later we've got Swindon in the FA cup. There's no way my first choice player will be capable of playing both. So i'm thinking of saving them for the cup. But losing to Mansfield could be a big blow to morale... decisions, decisions...
    Last edited by Gypsum; 13-11-2010 at 11:41.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    A small update.

I got promoted in my first season by winning the Blue Square South league, so I'm now in the Blue Square Premier.

I've made a few new signings (all for free, as I don't have a transfer budget) and I sold my first player for £4.5K

Gratz on promotion mate

Good luck for new season!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    A bit of an ill tempered match!

Got a dilemma coming up. Next match i'm playing 2nd place Mansfield who are my only real competition for 1st place, but a few days later we've got Swindon in the FA cup. There's no way my first choice player will be capable of playing both. So i'm thinking of saving them for the cup. But losing to Mansfield could be a big blow to morale... decisions, decisions...
    Sorry can't resist

This

Forget morale! Just get the cup money and sign some happy players!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by KLH84 View Post
    Sorry can't resist

This
    I did just that and lost 3-0 to Mansfield. But at least i've got a full strength team to face Swindon. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but with our form I really fancy our chances of an upset!

Banned

I did just that and lost 3-0 to Mansfield. But at least i've got a full strength team to face Swindon. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but with our form I really fancy our chances of an upset!
    Let us know the Swindon result.....

Part-Timer

1-0 down after 9 minutes, tap in from a cross...

We've had good pressure since, Ryan Mason chose to shoot rather than playing through our top scorer Saric, then Leven hit the side netting from range on 18 minutes...

Foley has conceded a penalty on 25 minutes, soft... Dossevi slots it in, 2-0 Swindon.

Ryan Mason picks up a knock on 35 minutes, last season's top scorer Niall Rodney comes on up front. Maybe his pace will be a threat...

A breakthrough! A corner from Foley is pressured at the near post by Leven, who forced the Swindon defender Cuthbert to put it in his own net. 2-1 after 42 minutes!

What a waste.Just before half-time Foley and Saric break down the left, but meet a dead end. We end up playing keep ball until the young winger Coleman is fed through on the right, he could cross it in to the open Rodney, but takes one touch too many and runs it out of play!

HALF TIME

Cedric Evina comes on for the disappointing Foley on the leftwingas we kick off for the second half.

Evina gets injured on 65 minutes, and on comes Sylvan-Vanterpool. Pretty uneventful half so far.

Rodney tries his luck from 30 yards and it's just over. Good move though. Encouraging.

5 minutes of normal time remaining. Switched to overload, it's all out attack now. Straight away, we break down the right, Saric cuts in and shoots from the angle but only hits the side netting!

Swindon attack on 87 minutes, but it breaks down, now we counter, good play between Rodney and Saric, who shoots from range and it whistles just over!

4 minutes of added time! The Chippenham fans scream encouragement to their players!

And surely it's all over now. On 91 minutes a cross from the left by Swindon finds Dossevi, who connects with a spectacular volley to make it 3-1. Sealing his hat-trick.

FULL TIME: Swindon 3-1 Chippenham

A disappointing result, hampered by injuries, but not unexpected. We really didn't show the form we played with most of this season. At least we kept it respectable.
    Last edited by Gypsum; 13-11-2010 at 12:36.

Amateur

I'm less than a week away from the Chelsea game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gypsum View Post
    1-0 down after 9 minutes, tap in from a cross...

We've had good pressure since, ryan mason chose to shoot rather than playing through our top scorer saric, then leven hit the side netting from range on 18 minutes...

Foley has conceded a penalty on 25 minutes, soft... Dossevi slots it in, 2-0 swindon.

Ryan mason picks up a knock on 35 minutes, last season's top scorer niall rodney comes on up front. Maybe his pace will be a threat...

A breakthrough! A corner from foley is pressured at the near post by leven, who forced the swindon defender cuthbert to put it in his own net. 2-1 after 42 minutes!

what a waste.just before half-time foley and saric break down the left, but meet a dead end. We end up playing keep ball until the young winger coleman is fed through on the right, he could cross it in to the open rodney, but takes one touch too many and runs it out of play!

half time

cedric evina comes on for the disappointing foley on the leftwingas we kick off for the second half.

Evina gets injured on 65 minutes, and on comes sylvan-vanterpool. Pretty uneventful half so far.

Rodney tries his luck from 30 yards and it's just over. Good move though. Encouraging.

5 minutes of normal time remaining. Switched to overload, it's all out attack now. Straight away, we break down the right, saric cuts in and shoots from the angle but only hits the side netting!

Swindon attack on 87 minutes, but it breaks down, now we counter, good play between rodney and saric, who shoots from range and it whistles just over!

4 minutes of added time! the chippenham fans scream encouragement to their players!
    comon chippenham!!!

Part-Timer

What!?!!

Amateur

What!?!!
    Nice to see SI haven't fixed this. Were your fans concerned? I guarantee when Liverpool beat me in the replay my fans will be slightly concerned.

If they are I'm going to do a Holloway.

Amateur

Preseason didn't go so well this season. 4 defeats to Premiership and Championship opposition and just 2 goals scored (in the one game).. hopefully our determination against BSP teams will be high! Time for the season to begin.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jmknpk View Post
    Wasn't going to purchase FM 2011, but decided to, just to do Dafuge's challenge.

So here is my profile. I'm excited to be head of Tooting & Mitcham.

Have started this challenge in FM 2009 and 2010 but never finished. Maybe this is the time to complete the darned thing.

Well after winning only one game in the first 21, I decided to just go on vacation the rest of the season. The Asst Mgr managed to win 4 and draw 4 in the second half of the season, but it wasn't enough to avoid relegation. I was discouraged to learn that the AI played the game better than myself. On the positive, the board was pleased with me up until the end, I think mostly because we got to the first round of the FA Cup. Also we managed to make money (something I struggled with in past versions of the game).

I decided to be persistent and give it another try. I'll go back to the save game where I printed my profile and just start over. I'm hoping I can do better the second time around. At least I know some players I signed who turned out decent and some who didn't do as well. I think Tooting and Mitcham is a good team to start with. They only have one coach which is decent, and have a relatively large stadium. Here goes...hopefully my next post will be announcing our promotion

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    Started a lot better than I have in League 2. We can't seem to score this year.

How many players did you bring in?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by KLH84 View Post
    Nice to see SI haven't fixed this. Were your fans concerned? I guarantee when Liverpool beat me in the replay my fans will be slightly concerned.

If they are I'm going to do a Holloway.
    They were 'slightly concerned', but proud of reaching the 4th round. Weird.

Amateur

CANVEY ISLAND 2011-2012 BSS SEASON REVIEW

Predicted position: 22nd Actual position: 10th

League Table
    Transfers
    Squad
    Finances

Well a season of mid table averageness for the gulls. Started off very well, sitting comforatably in the play off spots, before a horrid run over the christmas period saw us drop to around 16th - 17th place, when it comes to the football season, god i hate christmas! Signed a few more players during mid season and got rid of some of the dead wood, but it just wasnt enough to get us back up there fighting for promotion. I predicted we would have a poor start then push on later in the year, o how wrong was i!

Key players

1. Christian Montano - A constant goal threat all season, ending as out top goal scorer and best average rating. A great signing

2. Andrew milne - The winger had a superb season, netting 10 times and creating 7 goals, he could always turn a match on its head

3. Callum Bagshaw - Had his ups and downs throughout the season, sometimes blistering, sometimes sheer awful, but still, he deserves a place in this list, netting 14 times and a great team player.

Player of the Year - Has to go the Christian, a real threat, provided the people of essex with some wonderful moments!

Next season targets

Push on and hopefully gain promotion, get rid of more dead wood, bring in some potential and watch us romp the league........have to be optimistic don't ya

COME ON YOU GULLS!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
    We brought in a whole bunch of players and let most of our original players go on free transfers. I think on this go around I'll keep most of the team intact and gradually turn over to a team I chose.

Amateur

Carshalton Athletic - 2011/12 - cpfc207 - Season Review

Media Prediction - 22nd
    Final Position - 15th

Table
    Best Eleven
    Transfers 1
    Transfers 2

A disappointing season to kick off the challenge in the end. We made a fantastic start with a 5-1 win at Dartford and a 4-0 win over Dorchester, but then went on a horrible run where we couldn't buy a win. It picked up around the New Year, and with the mid-table teams so close together on points, it looked like we could push to reach the play-offs. However we went on another bad run and struggled to win in the last few weeks of the season and settled down in mid table.

My season report is a bit late as I've already kicked off the new season and there's only one place I'm aiming for this season, and it is top of the table. We've definitely got the quality this season.

Finances are also very healthy because of a televised friendly tournament v Championship sides in pre season and also friendlies away at Far Eastern sides which makes a fair amount of money. However I am actually allowed to do that? Is it against the rules?

Amateur

Awesome idea for a challenge... Holidaying now and hoping to get Lowestoft since they are my local club. Will update when I can

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by j4ck94 View Post
    Awesome idea for a challenge... Holidaying now and hoping to get Lowestoft since they are my local club. Will update when I can
    I got Lowestoft up a few times while holidaying, shouldn't be too difficult. Welcome to the challenge and good luck!

Banned

Welcome to the challenge.

Take a look at this thread, there is many saved games for you to choose from. They have Lowestoft too, so no need to holiday :P

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...d-(-w-Large-DB

A completely unremarkable first season. Never in danger of relegation, never in with a hope of promotion. We were losing about 10k a month, when I was well within wage budget, so I decided to get in Carl Cort and Luke Rodgers when my scout turned them up. A few of my inherited no-mark reserves will go in the summer, freeing up a bit of wage budget. Cort is very out-of-shape, and can barely last a half! Apart from those two my scout has turned up no-one except future prospects, so the side might be great in a couple of years time, but is pretty mediocre for now. Cups sucked arse.

My "best" player only made 5 starts, he's a 17yo newgen youth-teamer.

A belated manager profile.....

Franz Lamadjur profile

Amateur

What is all the complaining on the forums about the transfer system being messed up?

Amateur

Ahh brilliant, second year in BSS and the pundits have tipped us for relegation, good to know when ive just told the board i will get a top half finish......

Amateur

NANTWICH TOWN - Blue Square North 2012/13

League Table

Made the playoffs again. Lost in the playoffs again. I wont bother posting the screenie of my playoff final again. It hurts too much. Basically I had 2 players sent off and a player injured in the 90th minute after making all my subs. Had to play out extra time with 8 men. Barrow took full advantage of their extra 3 players.

Transfers

Got a few decent players in on frees. Kieran Murtagh and Sam Williams in particular were outstanding. Was way under budget for most of the season until I picked up Gifton and Taiwo late in the season as a desperate attempt to try and win promotion. Sam Williams won the Blue Square North Player of the Season award. He was also top goalscorer.

Squad

Had a bit more rotation this season but was still fairly reliant on my starting 11.

Goal of the Season
    1. Kieran Murtagh - Fabulous long range effort from Murtagh as he curls a 30 yarder into the top corner.

2. Matthew Ball - Brilliant effort from the centre midfielder as he hits a screamer from way outside the box.

3. Kieran Murtagh - Murtagh shows brilliant technique to lash a half volley into the top corner from outside the box.

Next season: I need promotion! To have been so close 2 seasons in a row hurts. I need to avoid the dreaded playoffs next time around.

Code:
    Season          League                  Position           Info
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12         Blue Square North       5th                Lost in Playoff Semi Final
    2012/13         Blue Square North       4th                Lost in Playoff Final
    Last edited by Scooty_BAFC; 13-11-2010 at 15:36.

Amateur

Thanks for your reply. My folders only go upto Sports Interactive/FM11/Data/Updates, there doesn't seem to be an Update-1110. Apologies, my knowledge is limited on things like this.

Looking forward to starting this challenge, not sure which club to start with, but preferably someone with a rep of below 1000.

Have you installed the 11.1.0 patch yet? This could be why you don't have anything in the updates folder. If you haven't, I'd suggest downloading and installing it prior to starting. The download links can be found HERE .

Quote Originally Posted by chris_bemand View Post
    CANVEY ISLAND 2011-2012 BSS SEASON REVIEW
    10th is a good start. It looks like you have a pretty solid squad to take you forward. GL for next season!

Banned

First Season Finished.

Won promotion into the Blue Square Primier after finishing 5th and winning the play off final against weston super mare 5-2. Well chuffed to get promoted in my first season.

Heres my sig to update you all

Here is print screen of final positions

BRING ON NEXT SEASON! WERE GOING UP BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amateur

OK so somehow my multi-quote failed miserably and I missed quite a few people, so here it goes again!

Quote Originally Posted by cpfc207 View Post
    Carshalton Athletic - 2011/12 - cpfc207 - Season Review
    Welcome to the challenge! Squads tend to take a lot of time to gel first season which can make it quite inconsistent. 15th isn't a horrible start and you look like you have a good core of players to build on. As far as the friendlies goes, I think its a bit of a gray area. It's not explicitly against the rules, but its looked down on by many. I personally don't like to play higher level clubs, but sometimes its necessary financially (I had to this season). I'd avoid the far east trips at this point though as thats probably quite a bit unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Robbie Earle View Post
    Welcome! I quite agree with you on the Cups, they can be a pain especially if you get unlucky in the draws early. Good prospects for the future are always nice, this challenge usually isn't a short term project

Quote Originally Posted by TugSafc View Post
    What is all the complaining on the forums about the transfer system being messed up?
    They probably couldn't sign Messi, Torres, Ronaldo, and Aguero all in one transfer window at exactly the values stated on the search screen. Heaven forbid they are all on long term contracts, happy at their clubs, and have no intention of playing for some brand new manager at a smaller club! Not to mention I'm sure they didn't go through the work of unsettling any of them and working on them through the media. TBH i haven't paid any attention to the general forums at all since release and its usually whiners. If you happen to keep up with it, and it turns out there is some reason transfer problem, please let us know.

NANTWICH TOWN - Blue Square North 2012/13
    Thanks for another good update, I enjoy reading them! You came so close last season. GL for next season, grab that automatic spot and skip the evil playoffs all together!

Banned

Just been offered the Bath job...... Reject! :P

Amateur

Just an update - I've re-installed in Steam and have put the download into the right folders as described in the OP, but when I go to preferences/extra files, the download isn't there.

Any idea's please?

Amateur

Just an update - I've re-installed in Steam and have put the download into the right folders as described in the OP, but when I go to preferences/extra files, the download isn't there.

Any idea's please?
    If you manually go into that folder what do you see? Also make sure you have gone into data/updates/update-1110/db/110/edt and not /data/db/1110/edt (which also exists), thats another easy mistake to make.

Amateur

If you manually go into that folder what do you see? Also make sure you have gone into data/updates/update-1110/db/110/edt and not /data/db/1110/edt (which also exists), thats another easy mistake to make.
    Thanks for the quick reply Quavis. Just had a look manually and when you open the db folder, there is only 1110 to choose from, which is where the file currently is.

Semi Pro

Good luck, I may wait until the next patch to start this challenge. Ever been to watch IRL?

Amateur

All sorted - Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm just starting the holidaying now - hopefully an update soon with the start of my challenge.

Part-Timer

Grimsby have risen from nowhere to challenge for 1st place, and they just beat me 2-0. They are now just a point behind me with 6 games remaining.

Amateur

All sorted - Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm just starting the holidaying now - hopefully an update soon with the start of my challenge.
    Glad you got it sorted! Welcome to the challenge

Amateur

Annihilator666 - FC United - Season 12/13 - Blue Square North

Table - League Table | Position Graph
    Squad - FC United Squad
    Transfers - Transfers Summary
    Finances - Finance Summary
    Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information
    Top Scorer - Jack Adams
    Records - Overall Records | Season Records
    Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Fantastic second season for FC United, romping to the BSN title with ease. I switched tactics at the start of the season from a flat 4-4-2 to a 4-1-2-1-2 which seemed to work amazingly well.

Also made some progress in the cups, getting to the 1st round of the FA Cup and the 3rd round of the FA trophy.

Aim for next season is to finish top-half in the Blue Square Premier.

Code:
    Season     League                      League Finish    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Blue Square North           7th              None
    2012/13    Blue Square North           1st              BSN Champions

Amateur

edindzeko's Bradford Park Avenue - Blue Square North - Season 2011/2012

Season Summary
    Media Prediction : 21st
    Actual Finish: 1st (League Table)
    FA Cup: 3rd Round
    FA Trophy: 2nd Round

What a fantastic season! Was definitely not hoping for promotion let alone win the league, but I somehow assembled a team that performed well above expectations. After some poor form early on, we went on a huge unbeaten run from September until Christmas, and despite the league being reasonably close in the end, we were pretty comfortable. I'm not too convinced by the squad's strength in depth though, made up mostly of youth players, so will need to strengthen for next season. Playing an attacking 433 has largely paid off, but I am slightly concerned by the number of draws due to conceding winning positions. Some epic giant-killing led to a great FA Cup run, before being ended in Round 3 by Huddersfield. Disappointed to be knocked out of FA Trophy against FC United though, we'd have had a good shout of winning it if we'd kept our form up.

Squad : The Bradford PA Transfer revolving door was in overdrive for most of the season, ending up buying around 35 players and getting rid of 45-ish. All free though, so finances are ok, and largely kept within the wage budget. The bestest players of the year are as follows:

Omar Koroma (Scored 17 in 36, Av Rat 7.29) The little Gambian was immense, and scored an impressive number of goals despite snapping his achilles in January. Buy of the season
    Callum Bagshaw (Scored 18 in 31, Av Rat 7.17) My Scottish scout pointed him out around Christmas time, and his goalscoring was phenomenal.
    Michael Hector (Av Rat 7.18 in 41) First choice centre back was rock solid all year.

Awards: Team of the Year (notice Ade somehow on the subs bench :P)
    Top Goalscorer: Callum Bagshaw (18 in 31)
    Highest Av Rat: Omar Koroma (7.29 in 36)
    And i got Manager of the Season

But these are only the traditional awards. To make it a bit different, I have come up with some new awards, that reward slightly more.... different achievements :P

The Joey Barton Award for Worst Discipline: Julien Cherel, as my captain was sent off in 3 consecutive games that he played in
    The Owen Hargreaves Award for Worst Injury Record: Mitchell McPike, for the depression of noticing that at half time, his condition was usually sub-50%
    The Ade Akinbiyi Award for Most Useless Player: Surprise surprise, it's Ade Akinbiyi! Scored a grand total of 2 goals in 17 appearances, so was shown the door at Christmas
    The Juninho Pernambucano Award for Best Name: Only one winner here: Guylian Ndumbu-Nsungu. The unpronouncable Congolese also chipped in with 12 goals
    AND FINALLY
    The Edin Dzeko Award for Biggest Legend of the Year. As you can probably guess by my forum name, I'm rather fond of Edin Dzeko. So the winner of the award named in his honour goes to:
    Michael Ricketts, as my only ex-England international, who I paid £250 a week to generally be awesome, and also finish the year with 13 goals. Wonderful

So, first season went very well, eagerly awaiting the BSP. Will post my next update at the end of the season. Cheers for reading my ramblings
    Last edited by edin-dzeko; 13-11-2010 at 17:51.

Semi Pro

Even though getting a draw at home against a Chmapionship side and earning the club over £100k including TV money and an away replay I think I would have preferred to lose. My squad is already paper thin and I've got injuries mounting up and with 3 games a week my players are on a rest schedule more often then they are doing some actual training.
    At the moment I'm trying to get a couple of loanees in who aren't nearly as good as I would have liked just so that I've got bodies to put into kit. I'm over budget and the board won't let me offer the wages that the decent free agents are asking for.

Still the replay should set me up OK for next season or two. Which I'll be playing soon.

Amateur

We've made it through the first half against Bolton without conceding. 0-0, we've even had a couple of shots on target.

Oof, 80th minute wonder goal and it looks like we're out. Yep.
    Unlucky but at least you held on for 80 mins against Prem opponents

Part-Timer

My loss to Grimsby and the subsequent blowing of a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 at Darlington, leaves me 1 point behind Grimsby in the title chase. Only three games remaining and I need them to slip up to avoid going through the playoffs.

Amateur

Season Review 13/14
    After an amazing start to the season we held our own fairly well throughout. Always near the top of the table and the playoffs we did a great job. Things went south as the season drew to a close with a major slide down the table in March. We managed to pick it back up in the last few games but it wasn't enough. Very disappointed to miss out on the playoffs this year.
    The board still won't find me a parent club and of course don't have the funds to get us our own ground. We were starting to pack the fans in to our 2000 capacity stadium and hopefully will see more next year for a bit of revenue.

GET ALL THE STATS FACTS AND GOSS IN THE CAREER THREAD HERE

Amateur
    Azeroth. I'm one of the few WoW addicts who play FM just as much.....

25th January 2014!! Top of the league for the first time! *celebrates*

Semi Pro

I think that my players deserve some rest after winning the 3rd round replay of the FA Cup. The player who scored the winner in injury time only signed a day or 2 before the match because 2 of my strikers are out for at least 6 weeks.
    Next up is an away trip to Blackburn, who were relegated from the EPL in the holiday year. I do have a BSS game first, but luckily no midweek game before Blackburn.

Amateur

Chippenham Pre-Season Preview - Blue Square Bet South - 2012/13

After finishing 5th and only missing the playoffs on goal difference, the goal for this season is promotion via champions spot. I have actually been good and managed to avoid signing loads of new recruits. This is mainly because no one I want will talk to me, but it's still a good thing :P Nikola Saric, who I have been chasing all year still wouldn't talk to me and has finally moved on to a new club

I have tried to take advantage of my board allowing me to scout all of Europe and dispatched scouts to some of the lower rep leagues. They are finding some great out of contract players (Championship and even a couple Prem potential), but of course none of them will talk to me yet. I will continue to monitor the situation throughout the season and attempt to grab a couple later on if I can.

Transfers In
    Cedric Evina - I have been trying to sign Cedric all year last year and he finally agreed after the season rolled over. I will be playing him as a left winger. His speed should allow him to beat the defenders down the flank and provide balls into the box for my strikers.

Sam Walker - Sam was signed to be my backup goal keeper, although he thinks he will be starting.

Keanu Marsh-Brown - I was honestly surprised this guy was willing to sign for me. My new good scout rates him as championship potential! (my first this challenge) He is another speedster with good crossing. I hope to have him dominate the right flank and provide crosses in for my strikers. Between him and Cedric, our strikers should see a good stream of balls into the box and will hopefully be even more effective this year. I was forced to give him a minimum fee release clause of 400k, but I would have an offer of that kind of value anyways

Transfers Out
    Ashley Edenborough - The last remaining player from before I took over. He had never featured in my plans and I finally got his 220 p/w off my books when his contract expired.

I am having no luck getting any of my other deadwood to move on. I have 6-8 players transfer listed, but I am not getting many offers. I have accepted several 0p offers to try and just dump the wage, but they never seem to agree on contracts with the other clubs. I am still hoping to offload these players and lower my wage budget.

Pre Season Friendlies
    With the club struggling with debt, I decided to schedule a few large money friendlies to try and raise some $$. I tried to be realistic and only scheduled people who wanted to come (suggested via friendly screen), or big clubs that are very close to my location. The biggest club that wanted to come was Charlton. However, they could only come 2 days after my fixture with parent club Swindon that I could not move/cancel. I had to settle on a friendly with their reserves at a later date (and for less $$).

Dispite needing to make a bit of money, I realize moral is too important to ruin by getting destroyed constantly during preseason. To try and minimize the moral drop I scheduled all the big games early and then resumed my normal easy games against local club sides near the end to regain our confidence.

Game 1 - Chippenham vs Brighton - 1 - 3 loss - With Brighton currently playing in league 1, I though they would dominate us. We played well however, and snatched our goal when the oppertunity presented itself.

Game 2 - Chippenham vs Swindon - 1 - 2 loss - League 1 Swindon Town is Chippenham's parent club. Despite going down 2 goals, the squad bounced back and scored from a corner late. We had the chance to equalize in the 76, but were unable to convert the penalty. It was a good performance against a better side.

Game 3 - Chippenham vs Charlton Reserves - 3 - 1 Win - Granted it was against their reserve squad, but I was ecstatic to pull off this win. We dominated much of the match and did not allow them many chances. A great preseason win

Game 4 - Chippenham vs Bristol City Reserves - 1 - 2 Loss - Even though we are locationally very close, I was unable to convince Bristol City to send their Championship level side. Even still, they have a good reserve squad and we were outplayed all game. We stole a late goal in stoppage time to make the score look close. This game ended the $$ fixtures for the preseason.

Game 5 - Chippenham vs Calne - 4 - 0 Win - This was the dominate win I was expecting. I'm a bit disappointed that all 3 shots we allowed were on target, but at least we did not concede. New signing Keanu was particularly dominate in this match. I'm looking forward to him breaking free this way during the season.

Game 6 - Chippenham vs Corham - 4 - 0 Win - Another good win. O'Connor is great in the air from corners (and no hes not set near post. I use mixed to avoid broken corners). He is still attracting attention from TNS even after I set his asking price at 100k I could use the money, but I'm really hoping a bid doesn't come in for him. I don't have a quality backup at the position and none of the quality prospects that are available will talk to me.

Game 7 - Chippenham vs Devizes - 1 - 1 Draw - The shock result of the preseason. This should have been an easy win, we dominated and did not allow them many chances. However, even though we had 18 shots, only 2???? were on target. We can't waste our chances like this in the season. To make it even worse, Rhys McCabe picked up a minor knock in the second half and will be out of action for the first month of the season. Not the way I wanted to end my preseason.

Overall, the preseason was pretty successful. Despite the money making friendlies we still managed to lose money for the month. I don't have any idea how I'm going to get back to the black without selling players. The first few weeks of the season are going to be tough as my key play maker is injured for 3-4 weeks, while his midfield partner is suspended for the first 2 games of the season from a red card on the final day of the season last year. After that things should improve and I hope we can go on a run. I think we have the quality to secure the top spot this year and that is our goal.

Part-Timer

And Grimsby do slip up, losing to relegation battlers Gateshead while I (just) beat Cambridge 2-1. Now i'm 1st, 2 points clear with 2 games to go... unfortunately, we're probably playing the worst we have all season!

(Also, i'm on 99 goals scored with 97 points!)
    Last edited by Gypsum; 13-11-2010 at 19:16.

Amateur

Canvey Island - Blue Square South 2011/12

Media Prediction: 22nd
    Actual Position: 6th

Good but frustrating season we made things so much harder for ourselves when really it should have been easy. We started off strong with more wins than defeats but unfortunately even though we were scoring goals for fun we were conceding goals for fun also especially late ones.
    The end of season run in was disappointing as we dropped too many points and unfortunately missed out on the playoffs by 1 point! There is a lot we can take out of the season as we definately performed better than expected.

Transfers: 23 Players In / 21 Players Out

Best performers:
    Alexis Nikolas
    Scott Murray
    Callum Bagshaw
    Chris Fagan

Aims for Next Season:
    Tighten up the defence.
    Clear out all the deadwood players.
    Push for a top 5 finish

Amateur

And Grimsby do slip up, losing to relegation battlers Gateshead while I (just) beat Cambridge 2-1. Now i'm 1st, 2 points clear with 2 games to go...

(Also, i'm on 99 goals scored with 97 points!)
    97 points is impressive! You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by heat02 View Post
    Canvey Island - Blue Square South 2011/12
    Great start. I know the pain of just barely mission out all too well. GL next season, it looks like you have a squad that can win it

Belated congrats to Annihilator666 and edin-dzeko on promotion! I fell so far behind doing my update and didn't see your posts the first time through.

Part-Timer

My players are knackered, and now we've got Gateshead, the team that beat our title rivals Grimsby...

Went 1-0 after 7 minutes, ended up winning 4-1! Great performance from a mostly backup side.
    Last edited by Gypsum; 13-11-2010 at 19:32.

Amateur

Great start. I know the pain of just barely mission out all too well. GL next season, it looks like you have a squad that can win it

Belated congrats to Annihilator666 and edin-dzeko on promotion! I fell so far behind doing my update and didn't see your posts the first time through.
    Thanks I hope so just won manager of the year aswell so hopefully next year will be our year.

Part-Timer

And that win was enough to win us the league as Grimsby lost again!

Chippenham are the BSP champions!

Amateur

And that win was enough to win us the league as Grimsby lost again!

Chippenham are the BSP champions!
    Congrats mate! Now to conquer the football league

Part-Timer

Crispypaul - Harrow Borough - Season 2011/12 - Blue Square Bet South

Unsuprisingly, we were predicted to finish 22nd. Eventually after a fairly rocky start, although not really in danger of relegation, we topped the table after Salisbury's form collapsed (although they still won the play-offs).

The FA cup was good - we had a fairly easy run to the 3rd round. Against Birmingham, we somehow drew the first game at St Andrews. However in front of a capacity crowd at Earlsmead we were knocked out.

We went straight out in the FA trophy.

The key players were:

Max Wright was the top scorer, for the club and in the league

Callum Bagshaw was also pretty prolific.

Christian Montano, worked well with either of the other two strikers.

Lucas Stiklakis was a rock at the back.

In other news, Chelsea won the Premiership and Blackburn (!) the FA Cup, and Wolves (!!) won the League Cup. Liverpool (!) picked up the Champions League and Marseille the Europa League. I won the Blue Square Bet South Manager of the Year award and have been linked to a ton of jobs.

Aim for the BSP - do not get relegated!

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12       BSS                 1st                       Champions, Promoted

Part-timer

Just can't keep to win a game in conference south, has anyone got any tips? I.e players, formation and tactics

Amateur

I just played a very exciting game against Charlton in the FA Cup 1st round (2012/13 season)

Billericay 4 - 2 Charlton

Charlton is 5th in League 1, so I'm very happy with the result

Amateur

New game - New attempt.

Here goes the poor supporters choice of Ashton Utd!

Amateur

HENDON DONS PRESEASON 2014/15: League 1
    All my guys want crazy contracts ugh. I also fudged up and gave a few guys new contracts for a month. That was dumb of me. Oh well.

New Budget: 240k/transfer, 38.5k per week/wage

NEW SIGNINGS:

DC-ANDY THOMPSON-15/18 scout good EPL DC-6'4 monster.-18 years old. $1900/wk 3 years*note signed before promotion wage increases so this is more now*
    DM/MC-Chris Garner-15/18 scout good EPL DM. Super fast, good finisher also.(16 pace/13 finish)-18 years old-$1600/week 3 years*see note above*
    MC-Michael O'Connor-$1900/week 2 years ok seriously last MC I'll sign. SO loaded there now.
    MR-Marek Gancarczyk-$1700/week 1 year.
    ML/MR-Jake Thomson-$1900/week 1 year.
    DL-Mike Cestor-$1300/1 year.
    DL-Scott Laird-$2300/1 year.
    DC-Ian Thornton-$8/4 years now then, $200/3 years- on August 7, 2015. 15 year old 6 foot 6, already 12 marking/13 tackling. wee

League Cup 1st round draw @ L1 Charlton-meh.

Lost all the friendlies since I only scheduled EPL teams. Kept a few games reasonable.

What I want this season:
    Ideally top 2, but top 6 would be fine. Promoting is again key here, this year I am under my wage budget. :O. Ofcourse I only have 19 1st team players so any injury will be pretty big.
    I really feel like i've brought in some good defenders, and the only position I didn't touch(and the only one that had multiple guys hurt last year) were my forwards, but I know they're good enough as long as they stay healthy.

Amateur

Started a lot better than I have in League 2. We can't seem to score this year.

Lots, I'm not one for sticking with players during the rise up. I released last season's captain, largely due to his attitude, but also because he just didn't cut it. To give you the exact figure, I signed 13 players, all on frees.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast