Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

Welcome to Gundo's challenge for FM11, with the introduction of Dynamic League Reputation changes, it certainly gives this challenge a fresh different outlook than past versions.

The History

Gundo's European Adventure Challenge was first introduced as an alternative to the dafuge challenge back on FM06 after I had a brainwave one evening. It is essentially a 'small club to big club challenge' but just has a different name, I like to be different you see.
;)
It has unearthed some true diamonds - player-wise over the years, to name just one - the Swedish/Polish youngster Patrik Burda was just magical for many of us on FM06 and 07. In truth it's the participants of the challenge that make it what it is, with stories of success and some of failure. Hopefully the challenge will be around for many more versions yet.
:thup:

The Aim

To take a small club who where previously unplayable in the game from the lower leagues to their Domestic League Title and Champions League crown (doesn't have to be in the same season). I realize it's not an easy challenge, but should be a lot of fun trying.

The Set-up

European Leagues you can't use:
England
France
Germany
Italy
Portugal
, Russia
Spain, Turkey
and *Scotland.

League reputations -
Eligible nations below the line:
England          185
Spain            183
Italy            172
Germany          170
France           160
Russia           145
Turkey           145
Portugal         145
--------------------
[b]Greece           142
Netherlands      140
Ukraine          135
Belgium          130
Switzerland      122[/b]
[i]*Scotland         122[/i]
[b]Romania          120
Austria          120[/b]
[b][i]Israel           115[/i][/b]
[b]Denmark          115
Serbia           114
Norway           110
Poland           110[/b]
[b]Czech Republic   105
Croatia          105
Slovenia         100
Slovakia         100
Hungary          100[/b]
[b]Sweden           100
Finland          98
Belarus          92[/b]
[b]Iceland          90[/b]
[b]Bulgaria         85[/b]
[b]Ireland          60[/b]
[b]N. Ireland       50[/b]
[b]Wales            35[/b]

Getting started

Load a game with all the available divisions within the nation you have selected; only one nation is allowed.

NEW
You are free to use a Large, Medium or Small a database and
you are permitted to load all players from your chosen nation however
No
additional players from any other nation should be loaded.

Attribute masking should be enabled.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

Add yourself as an unemployed Manager (hol_man); the details are not important at all.

Then go on holiday until the new seasons teams are generated (each country will be different). An example:
Norway
's is: 20th January. (Hint - saving the day before on 19th January for
Norway
, should give you a better choice of teams by being able to quit and reloading the game). This shouldn't take that long either. A list of rough dates for your relevant nation will be listed below.

League re-set dates

Austria
- 23rd June.

Belarus
-
14th February.

Belgium
-
30th June.

Bulgaria
- 29th June.

Croatia
- 20th June.

Czech
Republic
-
30th June.

Denmark
- 5th July.

Finland
- 7th January.

Greece
- 19th June.

Holland -
7th July.

Hungary
-
20th June.

Iceland
-
5th
January.

Ireland
- 5th January.

Israel -
20th June.

N.Ireland
- 19th June.

Norway
-
20th January.

Poland
-
30th June.

Romania
- 1st July.

Serbia
- 9th July.

Slovakia
- 1st July.

Slovenia
- 1st July.

Sweden
-
1st December.

Switzerland
-
20th June.

Ukraine
- 18th June.

Wales
-
20th June.

These dates are taken from FM10, dates
underlined
have been confirmed as being correct for FM11 by other Users.

Then retire your original manager profile.

Add a new manager, the options/details are up to you but 'past experience'
must
be set as 'Sunday League Footballer' or if that reputation isn't available then you must then select 'Automatic'.

I understand that choosing your nationality may have an effect later on, but I trust people will be sensible with this, I would expect people to use their own nationalities/second nationalities.

Take over one of the newly promoted clubs to the lowest playable division within your selected nation. If you are not sure about which clubs have been promoted simply check last seasons league table and the new clubs will obviously be the clubs not in it. To make completely sure that the club is eligible, check the club's history of league positions, it should be blank for the previous season.

It is completely up to you which club you choose, although please appreciate that some clubs may be easier to manage than others. example; Some clubs will have a full squad of players and staff, while others won't. Also some will have higher reputations than others making it easier to sign players ect. So choose wisely. The nation you've chosen to manage in will affect difficulty too.

It is now up to you to manage your chosen club to their domestic title and to win the UEFA Champions League.

You are
not
permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; whereby then you can either take over a newly promoted club to the lowest playable division next time the reset date comes round or simply quit your current save and start over.

Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the challenge.

There are no restrictions on assigning feeder/parent clubs.

Scouting Guidelines

You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.
NEW.
If an agent offers you a player, it is ok to sign the player.

No
external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be un-edited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything in-game are encouraged, as are youtube clips of matches ect. I will advise you to put video clips as links only though and not as a direct click and play type.This will keep the thread fairly clutter free and make browsing it quicker.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's Personal screen on the date you take control at your new club.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success or failure). So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Thanks for everyone's input recently, muchly apreciated.

Good luck on your European Adventure!
:cool:

*Courtesy of
Quackje
you can now play

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word of warning for Bulgaria.

I'm not sure if this is only Bulgaria because theres another bug report of a similar thing that isn't related to any nations. I get this every time I try to continue crump. Which happened just after I broke a load of records for biggest win, games won in a row etc... (someone else reported a crash dump continuing after this) and just after Bulgarian cup draw, I don't know which it is but I'm stuck which is annoying as you can see how well it was going.

Also Gundo, one change to the rules you should add for signing players. I was offered a Zambian guy by his agent who seemed pretty decent, kinda along the lines of staff members recommending players that was new last year.

Looking good. :thup:

I'll definitely be trying this one sometime this year. The addition of Holland is especially interesting. That is if the promotion system for that league works from the start now. If dynamic league reputation works well I'd be tempted to try one of the really low rep. leagues to at some point.

Good luck all!

Ok then here I am, the proud new manager of SC Young Fellows Juventus in the Swiss Challenge League. We play in the black and white stripes of our giant Italian namesakes and at the Utogrund with a capacity of 2850 (600 seated).

My chairman has kindly provided me with just over £5K for transfers and allowed me around £300 a week leeway in the wage budget. work to be done.

Good luck all!

Bridgend Town - Principality Welsh Premier - 2011/12

Transfers - The original team needed a total overhaul. Think I may have gone a bit overboard, there was one extra signing not shown on the screenshot.

Competitions

League - Table - To come 2nd in my 1st seasion was quite remarkable and was in the title hunt right up till the last game of the season, if the team didn't have to gel as much at the start of the season then we may have won. Euro Cup will do for a tester in Europe.

League Cup - 1st Round - I was outclassed, it was a deserved loss so I hope I can perform better in the league cup next season.

Welsh Cup - Runners Up - I was unlucky, I literally threw everything including the kitchen sink but I couldn't muster a equalizer.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year

Calvin Davies was top scorer with 13 goals for the season.

Craig Garside had most assists with 11.

Jack Abraham won fans player of the Year.

The youth prospect for next season is Neil Jones who has the potential to be a decent player in the Welsh Premier but there are better players in his position so it will be hard for him to get games unless there is an injury crisis.

Expectations

To continually improve domestically and don't perform too badly in the Euro Cup.

The stadium is having a terracing installed which will give the club 4320 seats but this has put us in debt and now have a loan of £160k which is being paid £1.5k a month.

For the new season, no transfer budget and same wage budget but have got a couple of players in the weakest positions but looking for similar results.

Season     League         Cup              Euro    Achievements
2011/12    2nd           Runners Up         N/A    Euro Cup Qualifcation  

I'd say that's okay, surely it can work like that in real life? I know some Icelandic teams do this, at least get the players in on trial based only on recommendations.

Btw, confirmed in the other thread that the reset date is still january 5th :thup: I've started, will work on getting some screenshots up sometime next week as I'm not playing until then

mag man takes charge at USV Eschen/Mauren in the Swiss Challenge League

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Not the team I wanted but interestingly they are from Liechtenstein and so it could mean I have some interesting your prospects over the years. Pretty short opening post but I will write up something more detailed next week.

I'm not entirely sure the challenge is possible with Eschen/Mauren. I looked into before and I'm sure they coded it so that you couldn't get into champions league via Swiss places with Vaduz (part of the real life arrangement Vaduz had when they were promoted to the superleague). I'm not sure if they extended the hard coding to all Liechtenstein clubs but its likely they did.

On further research it looks like Vaduz are in the Europa League even though they are in the challenge league, I guess this is because of the Liechtenstein cup which isnt in the game that gives them access.

Would be gutted to never be able to play in the champions league but I think I am going to crack on with it.

Bridgend Town - Principality Welsh Premier League - 2012/13

Transfers - I didn't have much wage budget to work with so I decided on strengthing the full back positions which were weaknesses the season before.

Competitions

League - Table - We won the league but not before messing it up in the last few games, I needed 1 win from 3 games to secure title but 2 draws ended up being enough. Next season I want to secure it better but its start and hope I can start making money from the champions league.

Euro Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round - I was out of my depth alot but I kept it below 10 and managed to score twice so it wasn't too bad.

Welsh Cup - Winners - I should have won it more comfortably but a win is a win at the end of the day.

League Cup - Winners - A tough battle and managed to sneak it, always feels good getting one over the full timers.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the year for the 2nd year running.

Calvin Davies was top scorer with 20 goals (14 league goals).

Jack Abraham collected most Assists with 17. He had a brilliant season overall as he collected Player of the Year, Young Player of the Year as well as Fans Player of the Year. Long may it continue :thup:

Previous youth Prospect Neil Jones made 1 appearance in the cup but ended up getting injured for 4 months. He is now rated at 1.5*/4*.

New prospect is Nathan Thomas - he will go in straight as my number 2 keeper for the season. He is currently rated at 0.5 */3 *. This is mainly due to lack of wage budget again.

Expectations

Same domestically and enjoy the experience of the champions league.

I need to do well overall as the Welsh League has dropped to 282nd in the rankings and is now rated ar 0.5* but the other teams seem to be weaker as well so it looks like its up to me.

No money to upgrade the facilities, so maybe a few years down the line I will be able to.

2011/12    2nd           Runners Up        N/A     Euro Cup Qualifcation
2012/13    1st           Winners           2nd Ql  Domestic Treble 

OK, so Paco Salillas takes over Belarussian...Belaruss...the team from Belarus, Livadia Dzerzhinsk, the only semi-pro team in the Second Division. A full squad and 180k Euro in the bank (less than 10% of that for signings), but no staff whatsoever and a 1,000 fans stadium.

So, we'll see how it goes. For the purpose of this challenge, I've attached a link of where the Belorussian (thanks Google) league stands as of today.

Also, kind of annoying that the league runs from April to November; if/when we get to Europe, that will most likely play a huge part in how we do.

Oh well. Here we go!

Cheers Quack!

So, my best player is a 39 year old striker. And I just told the press I was bringing sexy football back to the team. Great.

Edit: And his name is Sergey Sergei.

And my keeper is the only one who can throw free kicks. So he is going to do a lot of running back to goal. Good luck with a speed of 2 and pace of 3.

Ia it OK to post videos of goals now that we're able and it is faster to do so? Just wondering. I won't do it often, but I feel this one needs to be addressed!

So my goalkeeper, the on;y one who can throw the free kicks in the team (with an amazing 10 in free kicks), did this in our last friendly against a first divison:

[video=youtube;X7WprIUVVEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7WprIUVVEs

Hail Kostyukevich! And against his old team!

Alright, given I completed Dafuge's and the San Marino Double Challenge in '07, and Dafuge's again in 09 as well as setting records in the Give Youth a Chance Challenge (although didn't complete it as my computer was stolen!) in 09, it's time for another challenge, and whilst Wales has the lowest reputation 'main league' I coudln't resist Nth Ireland's super low reputation Second Division, which makes the Blue Square N/S look like the EPL!

Now just to pick a team, let's see what the lowest rep, lowest facilities club I can find is... wish me luck!

Back in the game.

Meet the new manager of Szeged in the Hungarian division II East.

The team has just turned semi pro, so all the players are currently on amateur contracts. So, with no players contracted, and no staff, it gives a chance to build from the start.

I decided to sign four of them, and found this promising youngster in the youth team.

Have a Ł3900 pw wage budget, a Ł7500 transfer budget and an 8000 capacity stadium. Let the challenge begin.

My view on posting goal videos is I think its best if you put the link to the video, same with screenshots so this page stays quite clean and quick. I'm all in favour of there being videos in updates, it can help tell the story.

Gundo, just wanted to let you know that Belarus League reset date is February 14th (as stated in the first post).

Here is my holidayed save:

Intro

- small database, loaded all players from Belarus (3000 players total)

- holidayed until February 13th, 2011

- LINK.

gorodeya.jpg

FC GORODEYA

Matković takes Gorodeya hot-seat as they start their adventure. The three year old club is definetely No.1 favorite for relegation this season, can the Croatian manager save them from it?

Just a quick update after finishing up my transfer business and playing my first game:

Picked up a few bargains and released a good amount of deadwood, quite happy with my squad now really though truthfully I have no idea if they are good enough to compete in this league :(. My ass man seems to think so anyway. . .

After my first game in charge, I'm not quite convinced.

We were absolutely crap and were turned over at home with ease. Hopefully thats just a team gelling issue. . .

Bridgend Town - Welsh Principality Premier League - 2013/14

Transfers- This was to continue to strengthen the team so I can have a better impact on European competition. George Evans is also one for the future as he has 5* PA which means he could become a leading forward in the Welsh premier.

Competitions

Welsh Premier League-Table - This is becoming easier as the other teams bar the full timers are becoming weaker. Unfortunately the semi-pro teams are relying on the players coming through the academy mainly.

Champions League - 2nd Qualifying - All I can say is Ouch!! We were demolished 5-0 in the 1st leg but we were much better in the 2nd losing 3-2.

Welsh Cup - Winners - Tough game but a win is a win, especially with TNS having 2 of the top 3 scorers in the league.

Welsh League Cup - Winners - Easier then expected, but winning is always a plus no matter what the situation is.

Players/Awards

I wonManager of the Year for the third year running.

George Evans was top scorer with 12.

Jack Abraham had most assists with 15 and won Fans Player of the Year for the 3rd season running.

Jeff Williams won Young Player of the Year

The youth prospect for the new season is Mark James.. I am going to look at training him to play left midfield as I don't use wing backs. He has 2.5* pa so he can become decent.

Next Season

Get better quality players in, continue to win domestically and improve performances in Europe. (Welsh Prem is ranked 417th)

I have a £6 transfer budget and a £3.3k wage budget to work with.

Financially, Bridgend are £166,388 in debt so could do with the champions league money to get me in the black or better yet a chairman with a bit of money who has the same ambition as me.

2011/12    2nd           Runners Up        N/A     Euro Cup Qualifcation
2012/13    1st           Winners           2nd Ql  Domestic Treble
2013/14    1st           Winners           2nd QL  Domestic Treble 

Thats enough for a couple of sandwiches there!

Looks quite simple to be the best in Wales, now is the hard bit. Which isn't a surprise when I look at some of your players, I struggle to find anything good about your midfielders except they have ok physical. I agree, that guy is a winger hes delusional to think he can defend :D

Archived