Reading everyone's problems is really putting me off!

I'm waiting for my copy of FM111 which i ordered from play! but honestly its putting me off playing it... Why are there so many problems people are experiencing?? what's going? seems to me STEAM is the major concern! but then again the BOXED version is just as bad! why are there so many bugs SI? it seems like the most buggiest release of FM11 to date!!!

i hope i didn't feel this way, as i was REALLY looking forward to finally begin playing a long and epic career but i'm afraid all this stuff might ruin it for me!

• Administrators

To be fair, most of the people experiencing problems were partly due to activation issues with digital distributions.

There were occasionally some problems with people trying to download the patch using Internet Explorer, but this problem doesn't happen with Firefox browser (this is something we are looking into).

Again, since you are getting the boxed version, you shouldn't have these problems - very easy to put in the Steam code from the back of the manual into Steam and away you go - and don't forget to visit the Manager's Room and link your Steam account :D

Even then, if you don't like Steam, you can play by installing offline option, which requires the disk in the drive to play.

Hope this helps. :)

Edit - You can download the boxed version from a direct link on the announcements' page, or by using a torrent.

The games great, think about how many people play it and how many are complaining about stuff. Also a lot of the complaints are helpful ones for SI to try and resolve something, very few are saying it's ruining the game for them.

Well...apart from that one guy that said because Tim Cahill can't head/jump he can't play the game because it's runined it for him.....I think I just saw his dummy fly past the window! :)

Steam is far from being the problem... but the Direct2Drive is... the game is not downloadable and nobody can get an activation code. Which is totally ridiculous.

But it's trendy to moan about FM bugs when it goes out ;), so I think everything will be ok... I guess... I don't know... cause I preordered at D2D...

Other peoples problems should not put you off. I personally have never had a single issue with installs, crashes etc.. I an IT engineer and look after my PC. The problem with most users will be and i see this often, they're computers have alsorts of crappy software on there and everything is a mess. If these guys re-imaged there computers, ensured that all drivers are upto date and that they PC spec meets the requirement then they would have no issues.

Well, duh - obviously almost everyone on this forum is going to moan about the problems they are having with FM. Do you ever see people creating threads titled 'The latest FM is great and works perfect!'

Don't be put off by a bunch of whining people, who in most cases are experiencing problems, which are completely unrelated to the game itself, but rather their hardware, internet connection or faulty dvd.

For every one moaning person there is a hundred, who are now playing the game and enjoying it.

About the 'buggiest' release - heard that in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Just be patient.

Well, duh - obviously almost everyone on this forum is going to moan about the problems they are having with FM. Do you ever see people creating threads titled 'The latest FM is great and works perfect!'

Don't be put off by a bunch of whining people, who in most cases are experiencing problems, which are completely unrelated to the game itself, but rather their hardware, internet connection or faulty dvd.

For every one moaning person there is a hundred, who are now playing the game and enjoying it.

About the 'buggiest' release - heard that in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Just be patient.

points well made! now to see if i actually get my game today from PLAY.COM!

To be fair, most of the people experiencing problems were partly due to activation issues with digital distributions.

There were occasionally some problems with people trying to download the patch using Internet Explorer, but this problem doesn't happen with Firefox browser (this is something we are looking into).

Again, since you are getting the boxed version, you shouldn't have these problems - very easy to put in the Steam code from the back of the manual into Steam and away you go - and don't forget to visit the Manager's Room and link your Steam account :D

Even then, if you don't like Steam, you can play by installing offline option, which requires the disk in the drive to play.

Edit - You can download the boxed version from a direct link on the announcements' page, or by using a torrent.

Thanks i shall try steam first the CD!

I posted a thread yesterday thanking SI for making great improvements in the Editor. But I am having crash dump issues that make the game very hard to play. Now it might be an issue that is specific only to me. But I dont think its fair to say Im whining and it must be do to something in the patch as the demo worked perfectly for me.

I'm waiting for my copy of FM111 which i ordered from play! but honestly its putting me off playing it... Why are there so many problems people are experiencing?? what's going? seems to me STEAM is the major concern! but then again the BOXED version is just as bad! why are there so many bugs SI? it seems like the most buggiest release of FM11 to date!!!

i hope i didn't feel this way, as i was REALLY looking forward to finally begin playing a long and epic career but i'm afraid all this stuff might ruin it for me!

Along with all the other answers remember that only a fraction of FM fans come on these forums. Even then the %age of those on here with problems is tiny if you think about it. Also the moaners will always out, those that don't have issues are too busy enjoying the game to come on here.

Until I discovered these forums in 2006 (i think) I'd never patched a game and never even noticed what people would deem to be bugs. Play your game with an open mind, you may enjoy it. And if you do have issues, you know that if you post it here in the right place SI peeps will see it and hopefully resolve it.

Release time is always the same every year.

it seems like the most buggiest release of FM11 to date!!!

As far as I know this is the first ever release of FM11 ;)

On a more serious note, I have not played the game yet but I have to say there seems to be very few game play bugs being reported at all this year. A few minor ones but no biggies.

Most of the problems have been installations, and they are usually quickly resolved

I wouldn't like to be around you when you got a problem an actually had the game.

Purchased mine on Wednesday night, the patch automaticaly applied itself last night and it's all systems go for me. This was all through steam.

I have noticed down the years, that I don't notice any bugs unless I come on here, and then see what other people are getting and I look for myself. Bad bad thing to do. It's like reading the medical books at home, if you get my drift?

I am having a whale of a time with no errors found as yet. Apart from the match graphics of course, but apparently it is meant to look like that!!! If it wasn't for pesky work Id be playing it now!!

I guess there is no experience quite like your own. Give it a go, you may find it installs first time and you love it. If so post back. You'll find its normally a minority with issues who will of course make a post. The rest will be too busy playing

what is the managers room?

Archived