Football Manager 2011 - Hit Or Miss ????????

Football Manager 2011 - Hit or Miss ????????  

429 members have voted

1. 1. Football Manager 2011 - Hit or Miss ????????

• Hit
    • Miss
    • Too early to comment
    • Haven't bought the game yet

With the majority of people not having the game then the results of this poll are going to be pretty meaningless. I mean what's the point in my clicking have not bought the game yet?

Lets get some market research - without people having tried the product - sounds logical!!! I don't mean to be harsh but just give it time!!!

With the majority of people not having the game then the results of this poll are going to be pretty meaningless. I mean what's the point in my clicking have not bought the game yet?

Hopefully people are intelligent enough to restrain from voting until they've played it for a good 10+ hours.

Hopefully people are intelligent enough to restrain from voting until they've played it for a good 10+ hours.

Then why have options that apply to some people now that will be different tomorrow? If there were options hit and miss, or too early then fine.

I simply can't believe this. I was going to game all night, but now I wont.

When I play matches (with commentary) and there is a goal, the replay is shown in the background!!!!! The same happens when I click on replay a goal (when clicking on the minute number)!!!!! Then I have to be quick enough to switch screen before the goal has been shown!!!!!!

This, embarresing, problem has been going on for years... Let's see if I'm in the mood for FM tomorrow...

Ps. The agent part hasn't wow'ed me up yet... Seems to me I have to waste alot of time negotiating contracts... But what the heck, it's apparently a "realistic" add to the game...

Pps. Great to see the 3D has been improved alot. SI has really stepped up here compared to recent versions, despite having a long road to go until it's "perfect"...

I simply can't believe this. I was going to game all night, but now I wont.

When I play matches (with commentary) and there is a goal, the replay is shown in the background!!!!! The same happens when I click on replay a goal (when clicking on the minute number)!!!!! Then I have to be quick enough to switch screen before the goal has been shown!!!!!!

This, embarresing, problem has been going on for years... Let's see if I'm in the mood for FM tomorrow...

Ps. The agent part hasn't wow'ed me up yet... Seems to me I have to waste alot of time negotiating contracts... But what the heck, it's apparently a "realistic" add to the game...

Pps. Great to see the 3D has been improved alot. SI has really stepped up here compared to recent versions, despite having a long road to go until it's "perfect"...

The game will be perfect after the feb patch

I had two games I was going to alternate between tonight: Barcelona and Ireland. The La Liga bug means I'm not going to play La Liga and there's a minor bug which means I'm not going to manage at International level either (I can't organise friendlies for next year). Bit disappointed tbh, but I'm going to take the opportunity to manage in a league I've never managed before.

In the past, I have always bought FM when the game releases but due to real life circumstances last year, I did not have time to pick up FM 2010 until some time in the middle of this year. It was a rather refreshing experience, playing an FM game fully patched up right off the bat.

However, when I got news of FM 2011's impending release a while back, I had honestly not felt any hesitation in waiting for the 11.3 patch to be delivered before buying FM 11 at that time. Reading about agents and the improved player interaction, coupled with the anticipation of certain improvements and tweaks to the match engine, got me chomping at the bit whilst waiting for the demo to arrive.

Alas, the demo crippled my enthusiasm when after playing it some, I was quickly irritated by the quirks of player interactions, things like players getting oddly devastated at being shifted to the Reserves squad when they stand absolutely no chance of being in the First Team in real life (Emilio Martinez of Arsenal, this has been documented quite a lot on the forums I know), players tossing their dummies out of the pram when being assigned a world-class tutor (Lansbury rejecting Cesc as a tutor, seriously?). Hence, I decided to simply wait for the game to be released and read the first impressions of others before making my purchase.

Thus, it is rather disappointing for me to read of a lot more oddities being experienced by others. Granted, a lot are not what you would classify as 'game-breaking bugs', but experiencing them can only take away from the immersion factor which I personally feel is important to me enjoying my game. The yellow cards situation in Spanish leagues, the TV mode widgets constantly switching between home and away, the inadequencies of the player interaction resulting in one seeing an awful lot of "I had better walk away before I say something I regret", stuff like these are pushing me further and further away from the "Add to Cart" button unfortunately.

I know FM 11 will be a certain hit once it is polished up more, and seeing as my FM 10 purchase had been rather recent and my current save on that is getting to that exciting time where the majority of players are now newgens instead of real world ones, I guess I will hold back on buying FM 11 till at least after the Christmas patch.

------------------------------------------------------

TLDR version: Haven't bought the game yet. :D

Archived