FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

bigeuro.png

Welcome to the fourth season of the Big Euro Nation Challenge, this year sponsored by iacovone, Lower Leagues Rule & rlipscombe in place of founder JoseRR.

The challenge runs similarly to many of the other popular challenges seen in the CSE forum (see dafuge's, Gundo's, Rancer's and Razor's) in that the aim is to guide a previously unplayable club from one of the below chosen league's to the top of the domestic and European food chain.

The Possible Countries

France

Spain

Italy

Portugal

Germany

Scotland

Turkey

Addition

Russia

Last season there were three new leagues added to our challenge as Holland gained promotion, Turkey grew in League Reputation and was displaced from Gundo's, and we decided that Scotland could bring a whole new challenge. With the changes this season in reputation the Dutch have become a bunch of hasbeens and hence dropped into Gundo's Challenge, but a change in fortune has seen the Russian Leagues climb into our Challenge, so a complete one for one swap has occured. Now you are able to play the Big Euro challenge in Eastern Europe. If you choose to manage in Scotland you should holiday for one year (as per usual) and then select the team that finished rock bottom of this league.

Saved Games (holidayed):

I will add these as soon as I have some of them.

Nation     - Save Date -

France     - 19th June     - [url="http://www.filefront.com/17475867/11.06.19 France.fm"]Save[/url]
Italy      - 29th June     - [url="http://www.filefront.com/17476815/11.06.29 Italy.fm"]Save[/url]
Russia     - 26th December - [url="http://www.4shared.com/file/mhuT5jly/Russia_Holiday.html"]Save[/url]
Turkey     - 19th June     - [url="http://www.filefront.com/17477825/TurkeyReset.fm/"]Save[/url]
Germany    - 19th June     - [url="http://www.mediafire.com/?yhu4clbargntbff"]Save[/url]
Spain      -  7th July     - [url="http://www.fileserve.com/file/QD7GyFH"]Save[/url]

Portugal   - 23rd June -

Scotland - Queens Park - [url="http://rapidshare.com/files/428986097/Scotland_Challenge.fm"]Save[/url]

League Reset Dates:

Based on FM10, a list of all the league reset dates are shown below. If you have found any changes to this, please let me know.

Old ones are in Italics, I will update as I continue them.

France - 20th June
Italy - 30th June
Germany - 20th June
Russia - 27th December
Spain - 10th July
Turkey - 20th June[i]
Portugal - 23rd June
Scotland - ?[/i]
[/Code]

[b]

The Rules - Playing[/b]

Load a game with all the available divisions within the nation you selected only (only one nation is allowed).

A large database should be ticked (although you are free to choose a medium or small database option if you wish). Any official SI patch may be used, but no other edited databases can be used for this challenge.

You may also go into 'custom' database and add 'Players from Top Clubs' from any continent just Europe, or all if you choose. And also it is suggested you add "All Players Based in" the nation you are playing with as this can add up to 50% more players.

Attribute masking should be enabled, with no additional players from any nation loaded.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

Add yourself as an unemployed manager, the details are not important at all, as you will not use this man to manage your club.

Go on holiday until the reset date of your chosen nation, this shouldn't take that long, perhaps about an hour. Saving on the day before this date may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this.

Retire your unemployed manager. Add a new manager, the options are up to you but 'past experience' must be set to the lowest possible which is 'Sunday league footballer'. I have no issue with the chosen nationality of your manager - in fact I would suggest that choosing the nationality that fits your chosen country to manage in would be the fairest option.

Then choose to take over any club which has been promoted to the bottom playable league of your nation.

You must now manage this club to the national top division title, then progress to be champions of Europe. This doesn’t have to occur in the same season, just with the same club. Should you be sacked at any point during the game, you may either re-start the challenge with a new team and a new save game, or you may wish to continue on your current save game, taking over a club at the end of the season under the same rules as before.

There are no restrictions on parent and feeder clubs, and you must be able to scout a player before you buy them - you don’t have to actually scout them, just that the option is available. You may also sign players you can attract to the club via a trial. If an Agent offers you one of his players then you do not be able to scout them, and can then sign them.

The use of any external utilities and editors (Such as Genie Scout or FMM) are prohibited.

[b]The Rules - Posting[/b]

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion of tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Please use screenshots for any aspect of your game you wish to share - this is actively encouraged!

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile as soon as you join your club.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread, we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including at least a screenshot of a league table and the clubs transfer page. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier to pick out.

[b]How to Post a Screenshot[/b]

• While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).
  • Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image
  • Save the file as a JPEG
  • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack
  • Post the direct Url to the image here.

Alternatively use ALT + F9 in game saves a screenshot to your user data folder.

Finally I would like to wish everyone taking on this challenge the best of luck on a long and hard journey to managerial success!

FM10's thread was a massive success and huge improvement on the FM08 & FM09 version in both participation and atmosphere. As core members for every year, [i]LLR and rlipscombe[/i] would like to add that we are here to help for the new challengers and hope everybody that participates contributes considerably to the thread. There is nothing better than getting immersed not only in your own game but providing the encouragement to other people's attempts too. Remember we are all fighting the same battle - to defeat the AI (and uncover fabulous newgens!) - therefore it goes without saying that any form of cheating will be severely chastised. Don't do it! We have had an incident in the past, lets not see it again - it spoils the challenge for the hard workers in here. :)

[b]Kits[/b]

I have made some of these already, but have also had a slight struggle finding what some of the lower league clubs kits actually look like, but if anyone wishes to request a kit made for their club I am willing to do it, if you can provide a picture of their kit that will help a lot, but if not then basic design with a logo & Sponsor details will get it made for you. (I don't promise these immediately, but given time), I will also link to the other 2010/11 kits for the regular leagues in our challenge, once I find them.

Away we go :cool:

PS - 6 Hours Early and steam unlocked for me...so here we go!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am loading the holiday games as we speak, I am going on holiday for a season in each of the leagues available if anyone requires them, the loss of Holland and the addition of Russia is due to changes in the Reputations (Also the Rep system is now based on three digits so we have all leagues 145 or above)

No idea of the reset date yet, but I would guess around same as last season, best bet is to holiday to a week before and save every day as you advance towards it...I shall be heading to Italy, but I am tempted by a jaunt in Russia at some point as well, I want to take on those huge Moscow & St Petersburg clubs.

Good evening folks - or should I say Buonas Noches, as Unión Deportiva Pájara Playas de Jandía announce their new manager. The unproven Spanish manager '>Pete Harmer, is taking his first steps in management. The first question asked of the board was how a Spanish manager came with such an English name. The answer? Well, Mr Harmer's father is indeed English, however, he has a Spanish mother, and he has always considered Spain to be his home.

So, what situation has he taken on. Well, Pajara Playas, is a small club on the island of Fuerteventura (pop. 74,983), in the Canary Islands. Founded in 1997 the club has a 3,100 capacity all-seater stadium and adequate, youth, corporate and training facilities and a synthetic pitch.

The municipality of Pajara (the south-east peninsula of the islands) population 16,279 is dominated by mountains, but also has abundant farmlands and has churches with Aztec influenced stonework.

Fuerteventura was first settled by settlers from Africa, but is the oldest of the volcanic Canary Islands, it is thought to be 20 million years old.

The board have given me £9K to spend, and expect me to battle against relegation. There are no members of staff and the chairman is willing to listen to offers for the club.

Well this has caught me on the hop!! great intro LLR as expected. As he says i am happy to help where i can.

can't wait to get the game tomorrow and assuming it works (please!!) i think i'll be off to Italy. Love the introduction of Russia this year (i tried to get it last year) and i'll be there for sure at some stage.

Good luck everyone.

If anyone else can create save games on the day prior to the reset date in leagues this would be great as well. I am running with the below set-up

Large Database

All Players based in *Nation*

Players at Top Clubs in Europe

I believe this is the best way to have both a large number of players and a good spread across the top of Europe when we eventually get there.

Edit: As a side, Italy gets 9 teams at the end of season 1 as only 4 teams are relegated from the Serie C2 after sooo many teams were put out of the league in administration this year. Then the leagues are filled back to 18 teams each from the 15 they have been relegated down to.

Relief across the small island of Fuerteventura as their new manager gets a win under his belt. It looked like it might be a long season when they went in at half time in their first game 5-0 down, but they scrapped well in their second and came away from rivals Lanzarote with a 2-1 win after a last minute goal from the Pajara boys.

Ouchies PRDH, 5:0 at halftime in the first game is not a good look, I am looking for a team in Italy as we speak... Thinking Darfo Boario is a great option...

It certainly isn't. Fortunately they seem to be thrashing everyone else too.

That's a great name certainly. Will they ever surpass Savona (or Domegliara)?

Jono Newton's Darfo Boario Adventure

US%20Darfo%20Boario.gif&t=1

The Beginnings

Jono Newton has been signed on as the newest manager at Darfo Boario in the Italian Serie C2A, he has said that he aims to take the club to the top of Europe and will be doing his best from day one to make his team better than their 16th place predicted finish.

Founded in 1937, Darfo Boario are a professional club they play at Comunale which has a capacity of just 1950, and very basic facilities. They are affectionately known as I neroverdi and have a Fierce rivalry with Como. They have never won a competition, but are currently having their most successful run.

We have been given 7.5k p/w for wages, and a transfer budget of 6k. (Personally I will probably put all of this into wages).

Nice to see this thread active the night of release, again :)

I'm a bit sad to see Holland go, but it should spread interest in the threads out a bit, which is nice to. I'll probably try Holland at some point this year, but I'll start somewhere in here. No idea where yet. Got the game installed, but I'm working on an assignment I wanna finish before I start playing.

LLR - An interesting point has been raised in Dafuge's challenge. What's the position on players offered to us by agents and players who have the same agents as some of our players?

Any answer to this? I'd say it should be ok, without knowing more about how it works than how it sounds.

Went with the delightfully named Entente Sportive Viry-Châtillon. Its in Paris anyway. Squad seems pretty decent as they bought most of them in before I took over, right after winning promotion from the CFA. As such, I haven't bought anyone in. The squad is pretty big as well (around 26) so I have sent my scout, former French international and Roma fullback Vincent Candela looking for young players.

That's probably it, just a typo. Been searching google for reset dates and 27th of December seems to be Russia for older games at least. :)

I'm making some saves myself atm (still no idea where I'm going). Doing Russia now, so I'll confirm once I know.

*edit*

Yea, it's like that. And Gilbsters save is 26th Dec to, just downloaded it and checked.

The "Approximate Player Count" worries me a bit.

Setup:

- All divisions in the nation

- Custom database - Large

- Top Clubs from each continent

[b]NATION[/b]		[b]WPBiN[/b]		[b]WOPBiN[/b]
----------------------------------------
Italy 		41,000		23,000
Spain 		27,000		16,000
Russia		19,000		13,000
Germany		18,000		16,000
France 		18,000		16,000
Turkey 		16,000		13,000
Portugal	15,000		14,000
Scotland 	13,000		13,000
-----------------------------------------
WPBiN - With Players Based in Nation
WOPBiN - Without Players Based in Nation

A game in Italy will have 3 times the amount of players as one in Scotland. Even 14,000 more than Spain. And adding players based in Scotland when choosing Scottish leagues does nothing at all :confused:

Well, holidaying in Scotland as we speak. Let's see what happens here. I hope to, for the first time, get this challenge done. The most I did was last year in Algeciras (Spain), where Imanaged to take them to La Liga, but the lack of a new stadium (the council wouldn't even let me expand the 9,000 stadium) made for a very poor economic situation, and that was the end of it. I stopped at 2040 with just survival in la Liga.

We'll see, i'll post as soon as I have a team!

Just check the fixture list for the lowest division and put sometime right after the last game Twellman24. It doesn't really matter when reset is since there's no promotion/relegation Scotland. You know which team is bottom after the last game is played :)

Archived