FM11 - Welsh League's to Level 5

CymruAmBythWXM

http://rapidshare.com/files/428850149/Wales_Level_5.dbc Normal

http://rapidshare.com/files/428866145/Wales_Level_5_with_Exiles.dbc Including Exiled Clubs in Welsh Cup

Welsh Leagues down to Level 5. I have also added the FAW Trophy which is contested between teams from Level 3 and below from North Wales and Level 5 and below in South Wales.

Known issues :

Ive had to add a promotion playoff between the winner of the Welsh Football League Division 1 and the Cymru Alliance, this is because only 1 team gets relegated from the Welsh Premier.

At Level 5 (South Wales section) only teams from the Gwent League, South Wales Senior League and South Wales Amatuer League get promoted in the Welsh League Division 3, this is because there are only 3 relegation places yet 7 feeder Leagues and as we all know 7 doesn't go into 3. If you're planning on playing the Pembrokeshire League for example then add a promotion place to that league and take one away from the Gwent League for example. Although I have noticed teams getting moved around between Level 5 Leagues.

I have uploading 3 versions, 1 which is the Welsh league as close to how it is in real life an another version with Wrexham, Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr in the Welsh Cup, and a 3rd version containing extra cups.

http://rapidshare.com/files/430373322/Wales_Level_5_plus_additional_Cups.dbc <--- Latest Version

The latest version contains a few more cups, namely the NEWFA Cup (North East Wales), NWCFA Cup (North Wales Coast), SWFA Cup (South Wales), WWFA Cup (West Wales) and GCFA Cup (Gwent) as there aren't many teams from Gwent in the game I've kind of combined the real life Gwent Senior Cup and the Gwent Amatuer Cup.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2E6W4MDH <--- Megaupload link for those having trouble with rapidshare

Also in response to someone adding the Exiled clubs reserves to my Welsh update and then re-distributing it I've decided to do a version like that too.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NNYCEAIQ <--- Containing Exiled reserves in Welsh Pyramid

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what made FM10 for me!! glad to see you've worked on a FM11 version! :)

Are the Welsh clubs in the English league included in the FAW cup again??? loved leading Cardiff City to Welsh cup success again!

how did you create the playoff between the winners of two different competitions? I'm trying something like that using the advanced panel but it's quite hard to figure out.

Do it on the Parent Division, go to the "Playoffs" tab then tick "Promotion playoff" then Type -> Cup, Number of teams = 2, Number of teams promoted = 1, thats what I did anyway.

To solve the level 5 promotion problems would it be possible to create subdivisions of the feeder leagues? One should be promoted from the Gwent, South Wales and West Wales affiliated leagues. Under the subdivision you could set up the playoff between the 2 South Wales leagues or the 4 West Wales leagues and so on. Then only 1 Gwent, 1 SW and 1 WW would be promoted into the 3 spots.

My local team, Brecon Corries, plays in the South Wales Senior Div 2, the club are in your edit as is the league. Div 2 isnt active at the start of the game, is it possible to make it active or will that crash the game?

As I wasnt sure if that was possible, I put Brecon Corries into Div 1 and put a Div 1 team into Div 2, but when I started the game Brecon Corries had a club worth of 2M, this happens wether the sugar daddy option is ticked or unticked. I did noting to the data but swap the teams. Is there something I need to do / not do?

I would be quite nice to start a long term game, managing the club from the town I live in.

My local team, Brecon Corries, plays in the South Wales Senior Div 2, the club are in your edit as is the league. Div 2 isnt active at the start of the game, is it possible to make it active or will that crash the game?

As I wasnt sure if that was possible, I put Brecon Corries into Div 1 and put a Div 1 team into Div 2, but when I started the game Brecon Corries had a club worth of 2M, this happens wether the sugar daddy option is ticked or unticked. I did noting to the data but swap the teams. Is there something I need to do / not do?

I would be quite nice to start a long term game, managing the club from the town I live in.

Ahh I know whats happened there, when I first did my update using the Beta I noticed the Affiliation Brecon had with Cardiff, so out of curiosity I gave Brecon a sugar daddy and world class facilities to see what kind of youth players (if any) were generated. Now when Ive released this I've forgot to change all this back to how it was, hence Brecon being valued at £2 million.

As for activating their League it would be a bit pointless at the moment as I have only created 5 of the teams from that League, probably would just be best off to swap them with someone for now.

To solve the level 5 promotion problems would it be possible to create subdivisions of the feeder leagues? One should be promoted from the Gwent, South Wales and West Wales affiliated leagues. Under the subdivision you could set up the playoff between the 2 South Wales leagues or the 4 West Wales leagues and so on. Then only 1 Gwent, 1 SW and 1 WW would be promoted into the 3 spots.

I have just looked at doing this but the editor wont let you have a sub division of a sub division.

I don't think its possible is it? I'll have a look though and see what I can do.

I'm just nit-picking, I did try and correct this myself last year but messed it all up! ha

Overall it's fair to say the accuracy of the Welsh data for FM11 is the best it's ever been throughout the FM series.

what cups?

Its suppose to contain the NEWFA Cup (North East Wales), NWCFA Cup (North Wales Coast), SWFA Cup (South Wales), WWFA Cup (West Wales) and GCFA Cup (Gwent) as there aren't many teams from Gwent in the game I've kind of combined the real life Gwent Senior Cup and the Gwent Amatuer Cup.

However I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but the Cup show up in the Editor and it says the league rules are ok however upon loading up a new game the cup's aren't there.

Strange... I'm not too up to speed with using the editor. Did you get any joy in removing reserve teams from the Welsh Cup?

Nope, I don't think its possible unless you start ****ing about with the Advanced Editor thingy, and I don't know what Im doing with that so I'm leaving it well alone. The only other way of getting around it would be to add each team individually and to be honest I don't fancy adding 400+ teams.

Nope, I don't think its possible unless you start ****ing about with the Advanced Editor thingy, and I don't know what Im doing with that so I'm leaving it well alone. The only other way of getting around it would be to add each team individually and to be honest I don't fancy adding 400+ teams.

Quite a negative response regarding the Advanced Rules.

You have a load of competitions to look through to familiarise yourself with it as SI now have some competitions in the comps.fmf file, and you can extract the contents with the Resource Archiver.

Nation Rules is great but it doesn't go far enough, which is why I refuse to download this as I don't find it realistic.

Archived