Game file size

Hi gents,

Just a quick question. Does the game file size have a direct impact on how slow the game will run in the future, i.e. if i have 2 games, 1 with a file size when first loaded up of 10k and then another with say 15k. Will the 15k game run slower in the future than the 10k?

Basically what im trying to get at is, is the file size when first saved almost a look into the future on how slow,unresponsive the game will become later on?

Loading / Saving operations will take longer, but since you only do that like 1 every session, it doesn't really matter much.

Game speed wise, I never really encountered any slowdowns, as the major time consumingness comes from matches processing, which is determined only by the amount of leagues you selected. This will pretty much remain stable from the first match you play, up until the last match you play in 204x. :)

This is true as long as your PC has enough RAM to keep everything running smoothly. Once the game running consumes more RAM than you have, it starts swapping, and then you'll run into huge slowdowns. However, you need to have a lot of data loaded before you run into this. (assuming you dont have like 1GB)

Once the game running consumes more RAM than you have, it starts swapping, and then you'll run into huge slowdowns. However, you need to have a lot of data loaded before you run into this. (assuming you dont have like 1GB)

The no of leagues/players are similar. AFAIK Older match reports start to get deleted from the saves after a season.

Where does that extra data comes from??

There once was a program that 'cleaned' savegames. Things like player history (goals, injuries, transfers, ...) are stored, as well has other league data. I'm not sure if all replays are cleaned up and when, but I know this was also a thing that could be cleaned.

This program is known from older versions of Football Manager. FM Savegame Cleaner 2009 is an application, thanks to which some unnecessary information will be deleted from your save. After loading the game, this program searches for data that can be cleaned automaticly (e. g. history of the games, players, injuries, managers' achievements).

Archived