Steam download time on 5th Nov?

At the moment steam is saying three days and 1 hour. This would take us well into Friday (the day of release). Can anyone clarify exactly what time I can click a button to make my comp start downloading (incidentally do I have to get up and make my comp do this or will it do it automatically if i have preordered it?)

I know this might have been posted elsewhere but i cant find a specific answer from anyone - can a moderator get involved here?

Cheers

Dave

At the moment steam is saying three days and 1 hour. This would take us well into Friday (the day of release). Can anyone clarify exactly what time I can click a button to make my comp start downloading (incidentally do I have to get up and make my comp do this or will it do it automatically if i have preordered it?)

I know this might have been posted elsewhere but i cant find a specific answer from anyone - can a moderator get involved here?

Cheers

Dave

From what I understand Steam will start downloading the game to people who have pre-ordered it some time in the next couple of days but it will remain locked on you computer until 00:01 on Friday 5th Nov. In that way Steam gives you the game from the very moment it's officially available. I suspect the opening day patch won't be pre-lauch downloaded though and you'll probably get that on Friday.

Hope this covers it all for you Dave.

Yeah, i have been searching for a while to get an answer to this question - SI or SEGA, please respond.

I'll definitely purchase through steam if it means that i can download and play from 00:01 AM the 5th of nov, but will go for the boxed version if not as it'll save me about £10..

also, if it's released 00:01 am, is that London time? so 01:01 CET ?

You'll have to explain that one :/

OK, here we go!!!

Right now, it is 5pm in the UK, if I am not mistaken. In the US, it is 11am central time.

So, on Friday at midnight (or 12am) in the UK, it will be 6 hours earlier in the US...or 6pm.

Or that's the way it happened for me last year anyway.

OK, here we go!!!

Right now, it is 5pm in the UK, if I am not mistaken. In the US, it is 11am central time.

So, on Friday at midnight (or 12am) in the UK, it will be 6 hours earlier in the US...or 6pm.

Or that's the way it happened for me last year anyway.

Gotcha! My brain is travelling the wrong way around the world ;)

Archived