Boast about a negative....Biggest defeat.

This thread is inspired by the many comeback and biggest win threads. i was on an amazing run in the new season with manutd played 8 won 8 with 1 goal conceeded. Arsenal played 6 won 2 with 2 draws and 2 defeats. We meet at old trafford, i take the lead and then they smack 5 past me. My boys look shell shocked. 1-5 icon_frown.gif

This thread is inspired by the many comeback and biggest win threads. i was on an amazing run in the new season with manutd played 8 won 8 with 1 goal conceeded. Arsenal played 6 won 2 with 2 draws and 2 defeats. We meet at old trafford, i take the lead and then they smack 5 past me. My boys look shell shocked. 1-5 icon_frown.gif

While top of the premiership, I lost 7-2 to Arsenal, in a match which they had only 9 shots.

My goalie didn't make a save until we were 5 down.

The keeper for that match, who had been first choice up to this point, only played another 30 more minutes for the club (in which he conceded 3) and was quickly shipped off at the next opportunity.

In retrospect, it's a team effort, and I was maybe a bit harsh, but I was pretty arsed off.

I've probably (almost certainly) lost by more than 5 goals at some point, but that one was definately the most memorable.

My biggest defeat until now has been 5-0 away at Giuseppe Meazza with Barça. It was a group stage match in the CL. Incidentally, I went on to defeat that same Inter in the final, coming back from being a goal down 3 times to smack the 4-3 winning goal past their GK in the +90th minute (just before injury time). It was a sweet revenge for my biggest thrasing ever, and one of the most exciting, satisfying moments ever in a FM. icon_smile.gif

I just lost 0-7 to Villa as Leicester, my team was filled up with 4's I also had a 2 and a 3 and a 5. I Fined all 11 players 2 weeks wages and only 2 of them thought it was it was unfair.

For some reason my team collpases totally against 4-2-3-1, my season so far is pretty decent I'm 9th with a media prediction of 17th, no cash and no wagebudget so I havent been able to signt a single player this season.

My worst ever result on FM was probably my first game on my FM07 Oxford City save. On the first day of the season, playing promotion hopefuls Newport County, who had a team chock-full of Man United loanees, I was hammered 7-1. Bot my first and substitute goalkeepers got sent off with 30 minutes left and I was destroyed, with Danny Galbraith hitting 6.

Amazingly however, I won on the last day of the season to sneak into the final playoff spot, at the expense of... Newport County! They missed out on goal difference (they would have had to beat me 10-1 to overhaul my final position), so in hindsight, it could've been worse.

unbeaten in around 6 games with barnet, attempting to get into the playoffs we came up against bury, struggling near the bottom and a team who we had always had trouble with (we lost 5-0 at their place in my first season)... i was confident but we were 1-0 down at half time... i asked the assistant for advice and he told them they were letting the team down, fair enough...

so at full time: barnet 0 bury 7

the "letting the team down" teamtalk NEVER works... not with small teams anyway... at 6-0 down i had to employ time wasting tactics to limit the final scoreline because we had been so bad

Not on this version of FM but still a painful day for me.

I was West Ham (15 seasons down the line) and in the champions league final against Inter. They got a man sent off in the first ten minutes and I went in 3-0 up at half time. I pressed continue and sat back for a relaxed second half.

Final score?

West Ham 3 Inter 7. Every shot, and I mean every shot, they had went in. Two from corners, two thirty yard screamers and three super solo goals from an amazing Italian regen with a name I cannot pronounce.

Gutted icon_frown.gif

I have a new Biggest defeat, well not sure how big it was but I just lost the FA cup to Liverpool by 2-1.

The winner, scored by Torres, got the silent treatment from the FA afterwards. It kinda sux to lose the final on goal that should have been dissallowed. Gutted!

icon_frown.gif

I lead 2:0 as Lvp against Man Utd and was playing wonderful football, and all of a sudden Paul Scholes decided to score 2 long range shots, and in the end we lose 5:2 despite having more shots on goal...

Biggest win: Foxes Vs Watford

I scored 5 yes 5 in the 1st half with michael MIFSUD scoring 4! (He has scored 22 in 27 league games currently!)

This was only my 2nd game in charge, but i seemed to just score every time i went forward!

However, i only scored one in the second half.

Once i beat Notts Co 11-0 in pre-season! icon14.gif

I tried a season Kevin Keegan-stylee as Newcastle manager. The games against Sunderland and Boro were insane.

Sunderland (H) 6v2 Win

Sunderland (A) 5v1 Loss

Boro (H) 7v1 Win

Boro (A) 6v0 Loss

I was using the Enigma tactic from CM Frenzy which gives loads of chances bu is terrible sometimes icon_biggrin.gif and it was pre patch so maybe that helped.

I think I lost to Arsenal 9v3 but still managed a European position, was relegation fodder next season though icon_frown.gif

My record defeats on my current game are both 7-1 losses. One was an 4th round away FA cup match against Fulham who were in the EPL and I was still in the BSP. The other defeat was embrassing, my first season in the Championship a League cup first round at home against Port Vale struggling in League 2. I dropped the goalkeeper who didn't play a first team game for another 11 months icon_smile.gif.

I've had plenty of other total thrashings but there the only games I have conceeded more then 6 goals. The team seems incapable of losing by a close margin, I refuse to shutup shop even if 2-3 goals down and always try to salvage at least a point. The team is definately better going forward then defending, just because my scouts refuse to find any quality defensive talent.

Archived