Real Madrid in the demo?

I played them twice as Manchester United and got ripped to shreds :(

I lost at home 3-1 and away 4-0.

Has anyone managed to beat them?

It just shows that Man Utd aren't as good as they used to be lol.

Serioulsy though, i haven't played them yet as i'm in the championship but I bet someone out there has beaten them.

Try with Alcorcón :D

i remember watching that game. arguably one of the biggest shocks in football (the away leg)

and yeh Real Madrid you would think would be unplayable with the side they have, but its only last few games we've started to see the real Real

They always are and always will be it Real Madrid only 2nd in the world of football to Man United.

Barca were better than them last season. Real are doing better in the league this season though.

Don't think United are 2nd considering they didn't even win the Prem. They're on a bit of a downward slope too.

I managed to beat them home and away in Champions League Group stage with United. Only new signings are Srna and Montolivo. Used a 4-5-1, and just paid a lot of attention to individual player instructions and opposition instructions. For all those saying United are a spent force in the game, its 11th December and I'm unbeaten in all competitions and four points clear in the league with a game in hand...

As Real, I managed to create a good replica of Mourinho's tactics and won every game in the league. I drew Inter in the CL, when I beat them at home and lost away. I would suggest that the attriubtes assigned in Fm marry up quite well with real life.

i remember watching that game. arguably one of the biggest shocks in football (the away leg)

and yeh Real Madrid you would think would be unplayable with the side they have, but its only last few games we've started to see the real Real

sorry to go a bit off topic but seriously, everyone saying how good Real are playing etc, who have the played? We have played, and beaten, Valencia (were undefeated at the time and playing fantastic) and just flogged Sevilla 5-0! Maybe when Madrid have played someone a bit better than Malaga, you can see how 'good' they really are.

Sorry again

Barca were better than them last season. Real are doing better in the league this season though.

Don't think United are 2nd considering they didn't even win the Prem. They're on a bit of a downward slope too.

While I agree that United aren't the side they were in years gone by I cannot believe anybody would say this. I think we all need to remember that United are still the biggest club in the world. No club is bigger than Manchester United and this isn't something that can change overnight.

Primarily the fact that in the modern game no team has been able to maintain the kind of success that United have had for such a prolonged period of time. I feel fan base is also a factor, world-wide United are the most supported club. These two things go together in making them the biggest club in the world for me.

Primarily the fact that in the modern game no team has been able to maintain the kind of success that United have had for such a prolonged period of time. I feel fan base is also a factor, world-wide United are the most supported club. These two things go together in making them the biggest club in the world for me.

Prolonged period of time? If you mean on and off for 15 years then fair enough but they havent dominated every competition for 15 years. Liverpool 70s/80s were much more 'dominant'

interesting. Id agree on the fan base but not on the success. Real Madrid and Barcelona have had alot more success than Utd which you can see clearly in that Utd have won 60 competitions compared to Madrids 72 and Barcas 71, i agree Man Utd have had great success, but to say "no team has been able to maintain the kind of success that United have had for such a prolonged period of time." is far from accurate, you need to compare the club throught history, not just the last 15 years.

While I agree that United aren't the side they were in years gone by I cannot believe anybody would say this. I think we all need to remember that United are still the biggest club in the world. No club is bigger than Manchester United and this isn't something that can change overnight.

i'm pretty sure he means on a downward slope in terms of the quality of players and their ability to compete with the other big sides. Surely even a man utd fan would have to agree they've fallen in that respect and are continuing in that direction, at least for now anyway.

I would agree that Liverpool's domination was excellent however I would consider 11 premier league titles since 1992/1993 as dominant wouldn't you? Also I consider United's youth policy to set them apart from the rest. Going back to the busby babes and more recently Fergie's fledglings. The way the club has churned out these young players year after year has to be credited. Young people are given a hard time but United have always placed their trust in youth. United also were never given the credit they deserved for winning the league 3 years in a row.....not only once but twice.

i'm pretty sure he means on a downward slope in terms of the quality of players and their ability to compete with the other big sides. Surely even a man utd fan would have to agree they've fallen in that respect and are continuing in that direction, at least for now anyway.

As I said they have declined in the last couple of years however I believe this has happened before and eventually Alex Ferguson builds yet another title winning side. The so called "experts" were very quick to say that the "balance of power was shifting." It sickens me that pundits are so keen for United to be overtaken as the dominant force. Anyone that writes off United and Fergie is often made to look very silly, I am sure we all remember Alan Hansen's comments of 1995.

I played them twice as Manchester United and got ripped to shreds :(

I lost at home 3-1 and away 4-0.

Has anyone managed to beat them?

It's the Jose Mourinho effect. :D

What does he call himself?

" I am the special one "

" It's my team, they are great becuase they are my team, simple! When i leave they will do rubbish, because i am great. " XD

how many players in man utd are from the youth team at the moment?

welbeck, cleverly, giggs, scholes, neville, evans to name but a few have been at the club since a very young age. To question United's youth policy would be very silly, i could name young players they've produced all night.

the way you are talking is like man utd produce the best youth players and are the only team to give their youth a chance. Take barca for example, we have, valdes, puyol, pique, xavi, iniesta, busquets, bojan, jeffren, thiago, muniesa all in our 25 man squad and all from our youth team.

I would agree that Liverpool's domination was excellent however I would consider 11 premier league titles since 1992/1993 as dominant wouldn't you? Also I consider United's youth policy to set them apart from the rest. Going back to the busby babes and more recently Fergie's fledglings. The way the club has churned out these young players year after year has to be credited. Young people are given a hard time but United have always placed their trust in youth. United also were never given the credit they deserved for winning the league 3 years in a row.....not only once but twice.

You had a nice stock of youth players who all came through togther, just like Ajax did in the past, and Barca had recently, etc. Calling a youth system that has brought through only Johnny Evans and Danny Welbeck in the past decade, a credit is probably stretching it a bit far.

City have turned out more Premiership players from its Academy than any other team in the past 10 years; a grand total of about 35 IIRC

welbeck, cleverly, giggs, scholes, neville, evans to name but a few have been at the club since a very young age. To question United's youth policy would be very silly, i could name young players they've produced all night.

O'Shea, Brown and Gibson also floating around the 1sr team squad.

Utd also have a talent for producing players of Premiership quality: Frazier Campbell, David Jones, Kieron Richardson,Ben Foster and Ebanks-Blake etc.

As I said they have declined in the last couple of years however I believe this has happened before and eventually Alex Ferguson builds yet another title winning side. The so called "experts" were very quick to say that the "balance of power was shifting." It sickens me that pundits are so keen for United to be overtaken as the dominant force. Anyone that writes off United and Fergie is often made to look very silly, I am sure we all remember Alan Hansen's comments of 1995.

the difference is ferguson is close to retirement now, will he be around to rebuild them? Not that i think there just going to fade into the background but its never a sure thing that they will remain as dominant as they have been.

the way you are talking is like man utd produce the best youth players and are the only team to give their youth a chance. Take barca for example, we have, valdes, puyol, pique, xavi, iniesta, busquets, bojan, jeffren, thiago, muniesa all in our 25 man squad and all from our youth team.

not to mention countless others in other top leagues, like fabregas and reina who have both been two of the top epl performers in recent years.

I didn't say they were the only team to give youth a chance. The busby babes were the first real set of good young players to play together for years and years. The club get these players together at a young age and they turn into a "family." I would consider the likes of: Beckham, giggs, scholes, butt, phil neville and gary neville to be amongst the greatest players that the premier league has ever seen. Therefore I think there is a case for saying that they do produce some of the best young players, I'm not saying they are the only club that do it.

I didn't say they were the only team to give youth a chance. The busby babes were the first real set of good young players to play together for years and years. The club get these players together at a young age and they turn into a "family." I would consider the likes of: Beckham, giggs, scholes, butt, phil neville and gary neville to be amongst the greatest players that the premier league has ever seen. Therefore I think there is a case for saying that they do produce some of the best young players, I'm not saying they are the only club that do it.

did you honestly just say that phil neveille is one of the greatest palyers the premier league has ever seen?!

look, i see your points, i just feel that other clubs have had more sucess over a longer time, produce more quality/give more youth a chance. This whole conversation came from you saying "no team has been able to maintain the kind of success that United have had for such a prolonged period of time." I think this is not even close to being accurate but you are as welcomed to your opinion as i am to mine, im sure this thread will be closed soon anyway

first off how many world cup winners in that familly manu team giggs scoles beckham etc an pique could argue learnt from manu an barca

an phil neveile post is silly what gives everton ide sell him in secounds real life an in game he is poor tread was bout real not manu or barca

Archived