FM 2011 training view ?

Hi all,

The aim of this post is to point out a recent arrangement and layout issue with regard to training screens and panels. To do so, I have carried out a comparative presentation between FM2010 and FM2011.

FM2010 :

-Player profile and select training tab.

-Use the drop-dowm menu to create a new training schedule.

-Fill out training schedule name.

-Adjust training sliders with training diagrams right in a front of you.

760224fm_2010_10_28_22_21_08_60.jpg

-Age and condition to be read in player profile.

703214fm_2010_10_28_22_25_09_76.jpg

FM 2011 :

-Player profile to take into account required informations.

932069fm_2010_10_28_22_38_35_99.jpg

-« Ctrl+u » shortcut (useful in this case by the way, save extra time) and create a new training schedule.

955630fm_2010_10_28_22_46_14_13.jpg

-Back to player profile to select the training tab. Select the newly created training schedule using the drop-down menu. On a side note, player condition is now displayed on this screen, maybe age will be available as well in FM2012.

-Memorize training diagram as much as you can.

187187fm_2010_10_28_22_42_45_21.jpg

-« Ctrl+u » shortcut again to adjust training sliders in the appropriate menu.

-Over time during season, training history grows, player fitness have to be monitored, have a look at training diagrams, then training sliders…Memorize as much as you can useful informatiobs, go back to training screen, balance training schedules, back again to player profile to check diagram until you manage to balance training schedule as wished.

Then change player…for a whole squad !

I have roughly compared to both create and handle training schedules. As a result, it takes me about twice longer than before to create training schedule and up to 6 times longer to adjust training schedule regularly. I am doing « individual » training, so on a whole squad (first team, reserve, young team) I let you guess how much time I have to spent now on training…

Basically, what was simple, quick and efficient is now just time consuming and completely non-ergonomic. Even worse, adjust and compare training schedules with training diagrams now heavily rely on a tiresome memory exercise.

I have tried, but I can not make up my mind to use training as it is when it is just a matter of training screen arrangement ! For example, as it is shown with orange squares and rectangles, split the current training panel in 3 different areas to put related training sliders. THAT would be useful to deal efficiently with training.

It would be great as well as it is possible in other panels to be able to organize ourselves this training panel.

654489fm_2010_10_29_01_48_34_18.jpg

We are perfectly aware that most of FM players are very likely to not spend as much time on training as we do (ie they will not care that much about one more training diagram in a panel), as they may prefer to focus on other FM areas such as transfert policy, wonderkinds hunting…fair enough.

However, FM Manifest’s members are definitely not the only one dealing with training schedules and match fitness in such a way. So, have to say we are a bit disappointed regarding this particular issue which make this area of the game more frustrating than before.

Well, we hope our point was clearly and understandably made in a constructive and respectful way. We hope as well you will consider our request and find a way to « fix » this as it is simply a matter of diagram arrangement in training screens.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely.

FM Manifest staff

I'm not sure I understand the problem in its entirety...

Surely you don't need to access the player's training page to assign him to a personal schedule. Create a new one on the team page, set the workload level to your preferred level and then assign the player to this schedule.

Doesn't that work anymore on FM11?

I don't have the demo but looking at the FM11 training screen shot it looks like it should still work as easily as before. There was never a need to access the personal training page before either.

Well, the key point is

Adjust training sliders with training diagrams right in a front of you.
FM2010

But in FM2011, you can not have the training slider and at the same time training diagrams to balance your training schedule anymore. Then you have to move between 2 panels and it is a bit un-user friendly IMO.

yep, it's more than incomfortable. It's totaly unusable. At the very least, we could expecting some % level or value, for each graphics, noticed or remember , change the page and apply.

The necessity is to apply a regulation on each player before each match, to research the right value of recovery condition time, necessary to each one.

And i don't talk about the first diagram apply... It's becomes more than difficult.

Remember it's an information from Marc Vaughan Hints and Tips 2007 about the training and diagram system...

I totally agree!!

I can't understand why SIgames keep on showing us the training diagrams if we can't (or barely) use them to create specifics trainings.

So please fix it for the final version.

And if anyone is used to create its trainings for each player, please post here.

I agree. I often use individual training to get the best of my players. In 2010 it was fine with graphics near trainings' schedule but now it's really painful as you can see in the goods screens and Yaya Montana's explanation.

I see. Doesn't bother me as I never used it, but highly annoying for those who would like so.

Yes for those would like having the best compromise beetween general training volume and best condition for each player... Would like having the best performance on match and in its training possibilities in same time.

The real question is, who wouldn't like or doesn't like to have it ? :)

• SI Staff

The training schedules are generally designed to be group schedules, not individual schedules, so the design for the layouts of the new screens was from the group point of view. Realistically, training schedules would really need to have a minimum number of participants in them to be able to execute such schedules, but considering the balance between gameplay/realism that might be a bit harsh.

So given the fact that you are allowed to create training schedules that are tailored for one player only, I can understand that if you want to setup actual individual schedules for each player, it might be a bit more cumbersome in the current system. We'll see if we can do something about the player profile training section to improve this situation in the future. Thanks to the OP for the constructive feedback :thup:

The training schedules are generally designed to be group schedules, not individual schedules, so the design for the layouts of the new screens was from the group point of view.

Thanks for positiv answers too.

Howether, if theres some news design for layout, but something "general" existing before ? It's just groups segments schedule(s) for general schedule.

As well, nothin new, in a kind of "point of view".

I explain to you, our process. Directly inspired by Marc Vaughan advertising.

We had never using training schedules from fans "ready to up", for a simple reason, we haven't the same players like the others.

And your plans schedules couldn't be correct in regards of each players.

Good help and inspiration, but never answers the necessity to maintain the value or expecting to upgrad a potential, wich may be never exist, for some players that i could obtain in my own team.

It's a simply life offer, but in same time, long and numerous subjects/ posts on forum about misunderstandood and disapointed obervations by the crowd.

For proceed, we create an individual training for each players.

We'll though to take care about the match exercice will be obtain after friendlies matchs or reserve matchs.

General volume is not operativ before. Except a little part for Strenght.

During this time, we waiting to obtain the match exercice ready for moderate the general level.

So we don't touch it before to be ready or we broken the right individual player design training model.

We are waiting for 3 months ( power upgrad ) in equal sliders level.

For make sens to this Marc V. assertion, and we can observ. We suppose a dispatch and exchange beetween all actors, and some regulations by activities level beetween player's matchs in exchange with coaches capacities offers, moderate by training facilities ...for example.

During the 3 months period we just moderate the general volum just beetween each match for searching the good time for recorvery condition beetween 2 selections. Depends of rotation statut of each one.

After this period, we read the graphical column as it's the activities capacities of each one, nothin more, nothin less, and copy, the best as we can ( not easy ! if you could think about in same time could be nice too ), the same differentiel report on the training sliders.

During the season, the same methodologies are applies, to get the right condition routine, before each match, but at this point by individual cursors moderate with activities arrows in reference.

This is our calibration method. And seems working well, and satisfy the whole parts of users.

Apologizes for my poor english and thanks for your patience.

The fact to think about, anyway your choosen for the next FM generation, is the condition ratio time set.

The condition impact for performances in match is a key. How to manage it well, quickly and symply, actualy ?

Benefits for minimum number of participants as your said, is just interesting by the "concept". But it's build on false point of view. Or bad as you like.

For 3 reasons. Current abilities and potential abilities never been the same beetween 2 players.

Modern football like the diversities of capacities on each position.

And you offer a total dispatch in all of single worshop.

We understand the difficulties to satisfy everybodies and find the right mix beetween a rich details games, invit us to exploite its deep, and popular easily used.

The solution could be in general fog of war. Because if you use it, you don't know nothin about attributs, your in confidence with your staff and rules under a generic basic training schedules.

If your not ... You need to have tools for manage correctly all aspects in precision by yourself with a good board.

After all, your in front of the ambivalent domotic revolution. A philosophical dramatic theatre. How my washing machine could make a good coffee and cooking pizza in same time ?

I vote for details without reserve. But an enlarge preferences menu could simplify the dilemma.

I'm a bit of a tactics & training geek, but I haven't bothered for the demo since the 6 month time-scale is too small to see real progress. Therefore, I have to say that's a great spot and excellent analysis by the OP. Whilst I appreciate the response from Riz, it strikes me as a heck of an oversight by the SI team, and I'm not sure this can be simply fixed for a patch (although I'm not a programmer so I don't know). MY intention when I get the full game is to play one campaign for the whole year, taking a small club to glory and as part of that set up individual training schedules. It's depressing to see how much unnecessary work that will be.

What a surprise for me to read that from now on training module is designed for group training....As if we read Marc Vaughan hints and tips, he specified that best progress can be obtained from an individual training schedule !!!!

But anyway, it was and now would be logical that training levels resulted from the training shedule must be on the same screen, to be able to adjust player schedule when reading training levels.

As we see in FM2011, training levels are on an different screen than shedule...So please Riz, explain us what is training levels is used for now ? what can we do now with this graphic on this page ? it's strange the any beta-tester didn't see that anomaly....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm totally dissapointing with this view,why you change it ? If you manager team with higher reputation like Man Utd or Real Madrid you dont need to make big change ,but if you manager team with lower reputation and most is lower you need too many hours to spent it,because the most team have older player and you need to make new schedule for everyone ,if you want to take 100% from the player.If you can pls give us a code to create one more page in a player profile training workload, like FM2010. If is possible that will be a huge boost to play the game. If you think ,you give us at least 2 more patch ,maybe you understand that.I dont have enough time to play.

Do you get the idea of world of warcraft gold private realms? If you are really into it, you may get a little of it. So here we will go over the World of Warcraft private realms for you. In case you're not familiar with it, runescape gold this is a good chance for you to acquaint yourself with it right now.

Even if you start out at 70 and with massive amounts of wow gold before you even have runescape money to go do anything, you don't get all of the best gear in the game right off the bat with most private servers. You're going to have to work for wow gold or earn your gear, otherwise everyone on the server would be completely the same and the combat wouldn't even be close to fun. There definitely needs to be a system of checks and balances for the cheap world of runescape items warcraft gold players who put more effort into their game time.

Archived