Not offered contract?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kkboy80:

lol, i hate this baord confidence makes fm08 very unenjoyable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

definitely the worst new feature of FM2008

I saved this from early in this game. Talk about illogical...

http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/5/12/1/f_boardconfidm_919a487.jpg

Then there is my confidence page before I was canned tonight for winnign EPL and making the CL semis:

http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/5/12/1/f_nocontra...aa00b3.jpg&srv=img29

Cut off is me winning the Community Shield, also.

According to the "logic" of this engine, the silly league cup and FA cup are equally as important as the league and CL?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChelseaPhilly:

I saved this from early in this game. Talk about illogical...

http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/5/12/1/f_boardconfidm_919a487.jpg

Then there is my confidence page before I was canned tonight for winnign EPL and making the CL semis:

http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/5/12/1/f_nocontra...aa00b3.jpg&srv=img29

Cut off is me winning the Community Shield, also.

According to the "logic" of this engine, the silly league cup and FA cup are equally as important as the league and CL? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, I was also inducted to the Hall of Fame this year after winning EPL again. This is truly moronic. I am also playing the patched version!

I won all competitions with arsenal in the first season.now in 2011 and just won treble.its end of may now and still there is no sign the board is gonna renew my contract.im worried because i`ve been collecting a lot of good young players in my arsenal team..do you guys reckon they wont renew my contract? icon_frown.gif

and ChelseaPhilly,did they offer you a new contract in the end?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by erroneus:

and ChelseaPhilly,did they offer you a new contract in the end? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope! I got sacked. I have a saved game I am going to replay. There are 6 games left plus the semi-final of the CL. I want to see what happens if I win the CL too.

Either way, this is crazy. SI really f'd this feature up.

Board Confidence is a good idea, but it's screwed at the moment. Seeing as I can tell the board what I expect to achieve in the league, surely I should be able to do the same with the cup competitions.

It bugs me that my board hassle me for the rest of the season when being knocked out of the League Cup when all I wanted to do was blood some youngsters. I need to be able to prioritise the competitions, as do the board. At the moment, they are all treated equally, which we all know isn't the case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mimland:

So last version people were totally upset about the board not taking cups into consideration now people are upset that they do. Not really a way to win for SI here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on now... would you ever get fired for winning the EPL, going to the semis of the Champions League, and getting put into the Hall of Fame? All for only only halfway through your league cups with your backups? I went out to other big clubs, also. Its not like Blackpool beat Chelsea. The big EPL sides couldn't care less about those tournaments when the other items are on the table.

It is a ridiculous "feature" that needs to be altered immensely. Once again, like so many other areas, SI did next to no testing. This is a new part of the game and it completely ruins it. This is one of the big things.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mimland:

So last version people were totally upset about the board not taking cups into consideration now people are upset that they do. Not really a way to win for SI here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you really think that there's no midpoint between not taking into account the cups at all and sacking people for not reaching their goals in the league cup?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChelseaPhilly:

EPL champ and Champions League semi-finalist. Managed team for 5 years and won lots of hardware. The board was upset about my performance in the league cup and FA cup.

Are you for real? Uh, I think we have a *slight* issue here... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they wanted some cups instead of a motherboard icon_razz.gif

• 1 month later...

I try not to whinge about features that are not really well implemented, but this contract renewal business is a bit frustrating.

In year one I win the EPL with ManUtd, win the League Cup, lose in the final of the FA Cup and make the Semi-Final of CL.

In year two, it is a rough year and finished 6th in the EPL, lost in the 3rd round of FA Cup, but I won the Community Shield, League Cup and won the CL - I knocked off Chelsea and Arsenal along the way which pleased the fans.

All throughout the season the Board was pleased that I was achieving the two year plan. Then after winning the CL, suddenly they are less than satisfied with how the club is fairing in competitions.

At the end of year two my contract doesn't get renewed.

I don't play FM as much as I used to and to get into a game and start enjoying it only to have that happen kind ****es me off. You don't win Champions League and not get a contract renewal - EVER.

Actually, upon looking into it a bit more, I think this is more like a bug than "poorly implemented feature." By winning the CL, my team automatically as "Holders" for the next year's CL, but the board is saying that they are disappointed that the club has only qualified for the EURO Cup.

That's a bummer for me.

Archived