Where has assistant advice gone??

In 2010 you sometimes got their feedback and sometimes you didn't.

I raised this as a bug here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/159707-Assistant-advice-on-transfers

and was told that was what's supposed to happen.

Looks like it's been removed for good now which I think is daft.

:(

Agree. whats the point of having an ass man if he wont give advice?

Perhaps you could get his advice before opening contract negotiations with them?

I mean in the old system did you think he came bursting into the Board Room as you were penning a contract screaming "Don't do it boss, he's shiiiiiiiiiiite!". Or perhaps he was stood outside the window with a cheeky wee grin, giving you the thumbs up as you were were signing the contract?

"Sorry Mr. Beckham, it has suddenly come to my attention that my assistant Terry over there thinks you are a terrible player. Sorry to have dragged you all the way down here for nothing. If you'll just leave my pen on the table as you leave, that'll be grand."

You could exploit the system before by hiring a 20/20 judging ability assistant manager and then offering contracts to unattached players that you otherwise wouldn't be able to scout. The assistant would somewhat accurately tell you whether the player was going to be a superstar for you, when in reality there was no way he would know as the player was either out of your scouting area, or you simply hadn't bothered to scout him. I hope that makes sense.

Perhaps you could get his advice before opening contract negotiations with them?

I mean in the old system did you think he came bursting into the Board Room as you were penning a contract screaming "Don't do it boss, he's shiiiiiiiiiiite!". Or perhaps he was stood outside the window with a cheeky wee grin, giving you the thumbs up as you were were signing the contract?

"Sorry Mr. Beckham, it has suddenly come to my attention that my assistant Terry over there thinks you are a terrible player. Sorry to have dragged you all the way down here for nothing. If you'll just leave my pen on the table as you leave, that'll be grand."

Use your imagination. The old system assumed that you discussed it with your ass man beforehand. this new system is idiotic. IRL, a coach has hundreds of real hours to watch players train and play in matches. We FM coaches have no such opportunities. We need the advice of our staff to make more intelligent decisions.

You could exploit the system before by hiring a 20/20 judging ability assistant manager and then offering contracts to unattached players that you otherwise wouldn't be able to scout. The assistant would somewhat accurately tell you whether the player was going to be a superstar for you, when in reality there was no way he would know as the player was either out of your scouting area, or you simply hadn't bothered to scout him. I hope that makes sense.

You would be only partially correct.

He would also give you advice on players in your scouting area and even on your own club. The braintrust at SI havent done anyone any favors. all this will do is drive even more folks to FMRTE. A very shortsighted choice by SI.

You would be only partially correct.

He would also give you advice on players in your scouting area and even on your own club. The braintrust at SI havent done anyone any favors. all this will do is drive even more folks to FMRTE. A very shortsighted choice by SI.

How does that make me only partially correct? You could exploit the system. That statement is correct.

If I fired up a German Third Division team that only allowed scouting in central Europe, prior to this change I could manually go through all the South American clubs offering contracts to players to see what my 20/20 assistant manager thought of them. I could then sign the players he stated would be superstars on frees. I always assumed this was exactly the reason that the feature was removed.

How does that make me only partially correct? You could exploit the system. That statement is correct.

If I fired up a German Third Division team that only allowed scouting in central Europe, prior to this change I could manually go through all the South American clubs offering contracts to players to see what my 20/20 assistant manager thought of them. I could then sign the players he stated would be superstars on frees. I always assumed this was exactly the reason that the feature was removed.

So what??

The best way to deal with that so-called exploit is not to do it. I had never even thought of that. And you could always just use FMRTE. A person who did that is pretty stupid.

This takes away a helpful feature in dealing with contract negotiations. Apparently you arent aware that SAF signed that Portuguese striker sight unseen based solely on the word of ex ass man Queroz?

It was an absurd gaming decision. Scouts arent the only staff that can and do have opinions on players.

So what??

The best way to deal with that so-called exploit is not to do it. I had never even thought of that. And you could always just use FMRTE. A person who did that is pretty stupid.

This takes away a helpful feature in dealing with contract negotiations. Apparently you arent aware that SAF signed that Portuguese striker sight unseen based solely on the word of ex ass man Queroz?

It was an absurd gaming decision. Scouts arent the only staff that can and do have opinions on players.

Uh, isn't that already a feature in the game? My backroom staff are constantly recommending me players. It's so excessive that it frustrates me.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure you can tell your assistant manager to scout a player, which is essentially a more comprehensive version of the feature you want returned.

Finally, unless your assistant manager is better than all your scouts at judging a player, then why do you even care? Just scout the player with one of them. It's absence isn't really a big deal.

Finally, unless your assistant manager is better than all your scouts at judging a player, then why do you even care? Just scout the player with one of them. It's absence isn't really a big deal.

To you it isnt a big deal. Its just a moronic gaming development decision. Apparently, SI have never heard of a word called 'options'. This is a feature that the gamer should decide whether to use or not.

To you it isnt a big deal. Its just a moronic gaming development decision. Apparently, SI have never heard of a word called 'options'. This is a feature that the gamer should decide whether to use or not.

If you think about it though, the situation with Bebe (I think that's who you're referring to) doesn't really apply. Under the old system you had to make a bid for a player, have that bid accepted, and then be in the process of negotiating a contract to view that little piece of advice from the assistant manager.

Basically, Ferguson would have had to bid the millions of pounds, have it accepted, receive Bebe's demands, and only then get Queroz's advice for it to mirror the old feature in FM.

If you think about it though, the situation with Bebe (I think that's who you're referring to) doesn't really apply. Under the old system you had to make a bid for a player, have that bid accepted, and then be in the process of negotiating a contract to view that little piece of advice from the assistant manager.

Basically, Ferguson would have had to bid the millions of pounds, have it accepted, receive Bebe's demands, and only then get Queroz's advice for it to mirror the old feature in FM.

You are right..although Ive heard the actual fee was less than a million??

IMO, the game should be as optional as possible. on the player page, all the attributes (including hidden ones) should be available. At game start, a player should be able to decide how many (or how few) he or she wants to see. Some people would like to play with no attributes showing.

For scouting, the player should decide whether they want fewer, normal, or more player reports.

For staff interaction/advice the player should be able to decide between none, average, or much.

Notice that none of these options affect the ME or AI at all. Its just how much info you want; sometimes depending on how busy you are and how much time you actually have to play the game.

I would also like an option to allow the AI to cheat to make the game harder. No one had been able to create an AI that can fairly compete with a living breathing human. Allowing the AI access to things the human cant see would make the game more challenging.

IMO, allowing as many ways as possible to play the game would allow for a far wider variety of players to further enjoy the game.

Use your imagination. The old system assumed that you discussed it with your ass man beforehand. this new system is idiotic. IRL, a coach has hundreds of real hours to watch players train and play in matches. We FM coaches have no such opportunities. We need the advice of our staff to make more intelligent decisions.

Surely the new system assumes you discuss it with your assistant manager behorehand by making you ask him to compile a report?

That is really the whole point of scouting networks.

It certainly means more checking of the info in scout reports in FM11.

Personally I always thought it was a bit strange that the ass man would have a worthy option without actually seeing the bloke play.

As it is I would like to see a condensed opinion in the 'make offer' page from the scout who scouted him. If not scouted then I'm not too bothered that the ass man comment has gone. I think it should be one of those features that could be enable or disabled.

Archived