+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Where has assistant advice gone??

  1. #1

    Default Where has assistant advice gone??

    In FM 2010 when you offered a player a contract your assistant would give advice about whether it was a good signing etc!! This doesnt seem to appear in FM 2011 demo or am I missing something!

    Any help please

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    Yeah, I think this has definitely gone - it may be hidden somewhere, though, as it seems strange that they'd remove it...

    Perhaps it was done with the intention of making scouting more important?

  3. #3
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    30th October 2006
    Location
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.
    Posts
    2,756

    Default

    In 2010 you sometimes got their feedback and sometimes you didn't.

    I raised this as a bug here:

    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...e-on-transfers

    and was told that was what's supposed to happen.

    Looks like it's been removed for good now which I think is daft.


  4. #4
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard76 View Post
    In 2010 you sometimes got their feedback and sometimes you didn't.

    I raised this as a bug here:

    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...e-on-transfers

    and was told that was what's supposed to happen.

    Looks like it's been removed for good now which I think is daft.

    Agree. whats the point of having an ass man if he wont give advice?

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th June 2005
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bababui View Post
    Agree. whats the point of having an ass man if he wont give advice?
    agree .. i liked that option ;(

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Perhaps you could get his advice before opening contract negotiations with them?

    I mean in the old system did you think he came bursting into the Board Room as you were penning a contract screaming "Don't do it boss, he's shiiiiiiiiiiite!". Or perhaps he was stood outside the window with a cheeky wee grin, giving you the thumbs up as you were were signing the contract?

    "Sorry Mr. Beckham, it has suddenly come to my attention that my assistant Terry over there thinks you are a terrible player. Sorry to have dragged you all the way down here for nothing. If you'll just leave my pen on the table as you leave, that'll be grand."
    Last edited by Stotteh; 28-10-2010 at 16:58.

  7. #7
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th October 2010
    Posts
    39

    Default

    That last post made me lol. ^

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2007
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    657

    Default

    You could exploit the system before by hiring a 20/20 judging ability assistant manager and then offering contracts to unattached players that you otherwise wouldn't be able to scout. The assistant would somewhat accurately tell you whether the player was going to be a superstar for you, when in reality there was no way he would know as the player was either out of your scouting area, or you simply hadn't bothered to scout him. I hope that makes sense.

  9. #9
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stotteh View Post
    Perhaps you could get his advice before opening contract negotiations with them?

    I mean in the old system did you think he came bursting into the Board Room as you were penning a contract screaming "Don't do it boss, he's shiiiiiiiiiiite!". Or perhaps he was stood outside the window with a cheeky wee grin, giving you the thumbs up as you were were signing the contract?

    "Sorry Mr. Beckham, it has suddenly come to my attention that my assistant Terry over there thinks you are a terrible player. Sorry to have dragged you all the way down here for nothing. If you'll just leave my pen on the table as you leave, that'll be grand."
    Use your imagination. The old system assumed that you discussed it with your ass man beforehand. this new system is idiotic. IRL, a coach has hundreds of real hours to watch players train and play in matches. We FM coaches have no such opportunities. We need the advice of our staff to make more intelligent decisions.

  10. #10
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    You could exploit the system before by hiring a 20/20 judging ability assistant manager and then offering contracts to unattached players that you otherwise wouldn't be able to scout. The assistant would somewhat accurately tell you whether the player was going to be a superstar for you, when in reality there was no way he would know as the player was either out of your scouting area, or you simply hadn't bothered to scout him. I hope that makes sense.
    You would be only partially correct.

    He would also give you advice on players in your scouting area and even on your own club. The braintrust at SI havent done anyone any favors. all this will do is drive even more folks to FMRTE. A very shortsighted choice by SI.

  11. #11
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2007
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bababui View Post
    You would be only partially correct.

    He would also give you advice on players in your scouting area and even on your own club. The braintrust at SI havent done anyone any favors. all this will do is drive even more folks to FMRTE. A very shortsighted choice by SI.
    How does that make me only partially correct? You could exploit the system. That statement is correct.

    If I fired up a German Third Division team that only allowed scouting in central Europe, prior to this change I could manually go through all the South American clubs offering contracts to players to see what my 20/20 assistant manager thought of them. I could then sign the players he stated would be superstars on frees. I always assumed this was exactly the reason that the feature was removed.

  12. #12
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    How does that make me only partially correct? You could exploit the system. That statement is correct.

    If I fired up a German Third Division team that only allowed scouting in central Europe, prior to this change I could manually go through all the South American clubs offering contracts to players to see what my 20/20 assistant manager thought of them. I could then sign the players he stated would be superstars on frees. I always assumed this was exactly the reason that the feature was removed.
    So what??

    The best way to deal with that so-called exploit is not to do it. I had never even thought of that. And you could always just use FMRTE. A person who did that is pretty stupid.

    This takes away a helpful feature in dealing with contract negotiations. Apparently you arent aware that SAF signed that Portuguese striker sight unseen based solely on the word of ex ass man Queroz?

    It was an absurd gaming decision. Scouts arent the only staff that can and do have opinions on players.

  13. #13
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2007
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bababui View Post
    So what??

    The best way to deal with that so-called exploit is not to do it. I had never even thought of that. And you could always just use FMRTE. A person who did that is pretty stupid.

    This takes away a helpful feature in dealing with contract negotiations. Apparently you arent aware that SAF signed that Portuguese striker sight unseen based solely on the word of ex ass man Queroz?

    It was an absurd gaming decision. Scouts arent the only staff that can and do have opinions on players.
    Uh, isn't that already a feature in the game? My backroom staff are constantly recommending me players. It's so excessive that it frustrates me.

    Secondly, I'm pretty sure you can tell your assistant manager to scout a player, which is essentially a more comprehensive version of the feature you want returned.

    Finally, unless your assistant manager is better than all your scouts at judging a player, then why do you even care? Just scout the player with one of them. It's absence isn't really a big deal.

  14. #14
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    Finally, unless your assistant manager is better than all your scouts at judging a player, then why do you even care? Just scout the player with one of them. It's absence isn't really a big deal.
    To you it isnt a big deal. Its just a moronic gaming development decision. Apparently, SI have never heard of a word called 'options'. This is a feature that the gamer should decide whether to use or not.

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2007
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bababui View Post
    To you it isnt a big deal. Its just a moronic gaming development decision. Apparently, SI have never heard of a word called 'options'. This is a feature that the gamer should decide whether to use or not.
    If you think about it though, the situation with Bebe (I think that's who you're referring to) doesn't really apply. Under the old system you had to make a bid for a player, have that bid accepted, and then be in the process of negotiating a contract to view that little piece of advice from the assistant manager.

    Basically, Ferguson would have had to bid the millions of pounds, have it accepted, receive Bebe's demands, and only then get Queroz's advice for it to mirror the old feature in FM.

  16. #16
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    If you think about it though, the situation with Bebe (I think that's who you're referring to) doesn't really apply. Under the old system you had to make a bid for a player, have that bid accepted, and then be in the process of negotiating a contract to view that little piece of advice from the assistant manager.

    Basically, Ferguson would have had to bid the millions of pounds, have it accepted, receive Bebe's demands, and only then get Queroz's advice for it to mirror the old feature in FM.

    You are right..although Ive heard the actual fee was less than a million??

    IMO, the game should be as optional as possible. on the player page, all the attributes (including hidden ones) should be available. At game start, a player should be able to decide how many (or how few) he or she wants to see. Some people would like to play with no attributes showing.

    For scouting, the player should decide whether they want fewer, normal, or more player reports.

    For staff interaction/advice the player should be able to decide between none, average, or much.

    Notice that none of these options affect the ME or AI at all. Its just how much info you want; sometimes depending on how busy you are and how much time you actually have to play the game.

    I would also like an option to allow the AI to cheat to make the game harder. No one had been able to create an AI that can fairly compete with a living breathing human. Allowing the AI access to things the human cant see would make the game more challenging.

    IMO, allowing as many ways as possible to play the game would allow for a far wider variety of players to further enjoy the game.

  17. #17
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2007
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    657

    Default

    It says on Wikipedia that the fee was reported to be 7.4 million pounds. Or perhaps 9 million euros. Either way it was quite a bit.

  18. #18
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    It says on Wikipedia that the fee was reported to be 7.4 million pounds. Or perhaps 9 million euros. Either way it was quite a bit.

    http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/134550.aspx

    These guys say the fee was half of that..its all too byzantine.

  19. #19
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bababui View Post
    Use your imagination. The old system assumed that you discussed it with your ass man beforehand. this new system is idiotic. IRL, a coach has hundreds of real hours to watch players train and play in matches. We FM coaches have no such opportunities. We need the advice of our staff to make more intelligent decisions.
    Surely the new system assumes you discuss it with your assistant manager behorehand by making you ask him to compile a report?

    That is really the whole point of scouting networks.

  20. #20
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2001
    Location
    Farnborough, Inventor of the patented 1-4-5 formation.
    Posts
    825

    Default

    It certainly means more checking of the info in scout reports in FM11.

    Personally I always thought it was a bit strange that the ass man would have a worthy option without actually seeing the bloke play.

    As it is I would like to see a condensed opinion in the 'make offer' page from the scout who scouted him. If not scouted then I'm not too bothered that the ass man comment has gone. I think it should be one of those features that could be enable or disabled.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts