How do I change a contract offer?

So you negotiate a contract with a player and then 3 or 4 days later another club puts in a contract offer for them. It was a clear run before so I negotiated a lower wage. Now I want to go back and offer the player a higher salary. However the only option I can see is to withdraw the current offer. If I withdraw the player throws a strop and doesnt want to negotiate again. How can I change what has been offered before like you could do on FM10?

I don't think you can because at the end of the conversation it says something like "That's fine, we will go away and come back when everything is finalised." So that basically is your offer and they will consider that whilst they decide to talk to other clubs. You can butter the player up by telling the press he's better than Pele and you will "do everything in your power to sign him" and that can work in your favour.

Does the player not change his demands if a club comes in a bit later? I can see this causing a lot of issues in network play. Bid for a player, offer contract, get gazumped, and there is nothing you can do about it. :( Surely in real life if a club came in and offered a higher wage the agent would go back to the other clubs and ask for more money?

Archived