Who Finds FM08 too Easy

I actually found managing Man. United pretty easy. Since then, though, I've found managing Nottingham Forest quite challenging. More so than I anticipated. And my efforts at Perth Glory in my other save have me teetering on the verge of a sacking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

super cup glory? what cup is that? and when u aded yourself as a manager, what did u set as your previous experience? if you said ex-profeesional national player or whatever, then it defo will be easy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume he was referring to the European Super Cup, which is played out between the winners of the Champions League and the UEFA Cup.

I think it's quite harder then 07, half a season with Rovers (10th place) with no transfer founds. can't tell, exactlly. don't play it at the moment, waiting for the patch icon_rolleyes.gif . I like to play slow game with many leagues and countrys, watching my matches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sandbach Star:

read above as i put my simple tatics there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It can't be that simple though, surely it must have taken you hours and hours to perfect?

I would love to learn Master Sandbach - it has taken me years to get Sutton from Blue Square South to to of Cola League 2.

..but all I need is wing backs, attacking wingers, a defensive mid, and attacking mid....brilliant...if only the last England manager had known this!! Hopefully the new bloke does, maybe he has read this thread..

Any 1 can come on here & claim took rushden & diamonds to champions league glory in 3weeks - but without screen shots to back up claim - i'm afraid i will remain a non-believer

He's also from Sandbach (which is just down the road from me) which makes me all the more sceptical, lol

Dodgy breed them lot lolololol

It’s like when you come out of an exam. There’s always some smirking pr@t pretending they waltzed it and telling everyone they should have referred to Plato’s theory of the forms when answering the question about the mediaeval notion of the king as ruler “dei gratiaâ€.

Here, its some eight year old who think they’re being original by claiming to have taken over Sudbury AFC and won every league in the game (including ones they didn’t even have loaded, they’re THAT good), the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Champions League (it usually end with the phrase “…and the Champions Leagueâ€) in the first two weeks of the game. Only had to press “continue†twice and they’d won the lot.

BS merchants, the lot of ‘em.

When they get a bit older, they’ll no doubt be able to get any women on the planet ten seconds after meeting them. “That new Bond girl…I’ve ‘ad ‘erâ€.

If you find the game too easy there are a plethora of ways in which you can make it more difficult. It's if you find the game too difficult that it is a problem!

I used to love managing PSV Eindhoven back in CM01/02, but we were way to dominant in the Eredivisie so I added a second manager the next time to manage Ajax as well. That gave me an infinite challenge since only one of them could ever win the title.

If he finds it so easy playing in an honest way (ie: no editors or scout programs) then do Dafuges Challange and stick to LLM rules:

No feeder clubs (as they are not permitted by the English FA, this is a mistake by SI)

You can only buy players that you can scout.

You should start with no extra players loaded. Have upto large data base only and Sunday League Exp.

In fact go read the LLM rules: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/54219217/m/419200124

Dafuge's challange: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5402079792/m/6142046153

Go do these, post screenies in Dafuge's (not LLM they will kill you!) as proof, then come back and say the games easy!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesy247:

If he finds it so easy playing in an honest way (ie: no editors or scout programs) then do Dafuges Challange and stick to LLM rules:

No feeder clubs (as they are not permitted by the English FA, this is a mistake by SI)

You should start with no extra players loaded. Have upto large data base only and Sunday League Exp.

In fact go read the LLM rules: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/54219217/m/419200124

Dafuge's challange: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5402079792/m/6142046153

Go do these, post screenies in Dafuge's (not LLM they will kill you!) as proof, then come back and say the games easy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good post icon14.gif.

Playing by LLM rules is NOT easy and I found the the dafuge challenge was a bit of a non event for me this year pecause of the ridiculous players that are sent to the lower leagues on loan. You can of course simply take a feeder club yourself but it just didn't seem right to me, (and is against LLM rules because feeder clubs are outlawed in the UK).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesy247:

Go do these, post screenies in Dafuge's (not LLM they will kill you!) as proof, then come back and say the games easy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good post icon14.gif.

Playing by LLM rules is NOT easy and I found the the dafuge challenge was a bit of a non event for me this year pecause of the ridiculous players that are sent to the lower leagues on loan. You can of course simply take a feeder club yourself but it just didn't seem right to me, (and is against LLM rules because feeder clubs are outlawed in the UK). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ridiculous players mean good or bad? I started a game under dafuge's challenge with 1 player and new regens, and no staff (that involves no scouts to look for players). As any welsh scout was appointed to work for me, I had to play each week with lots of grey players. Any player loaned from a parent club was good icon_razz.gif

Btw the easy part of the challenge is that those regens were amazing. They were told to be players for BSP, but the fact is that 2 of them have played in the senior wales team, another one is good of L1 and a couple are nice L2 players.

With those players promotion was easy for years

When starting at any newly promoted BS club you should sign a scout and assistant asap before you sign any players.

This then gives you the option of scouting the country your playing in and then the option of filtering your finds through your assistant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You can only buy players that you can scout.

You should start with no extra players loaded. Have upto large data base only and Sunday League Exp. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do these rules exist?

Is this sort of game enjoyable, i usually start games with championship or legue 1 teams but am thinking about starting game with gateshead

I started unemployed and after successful stint at New York am about to get Nottm Forest back where they belong and in the Premiership (from L2 in successive seasons).

I find it easier than previous versions as the ME bugs mean I tend not to use real life tactics, but ones that work in FM.

Hopefully this will be blown out of the water in 8.0.2.

There must be a serious lack of imagination amongst FM players if every time someone complains it is too easy and they need a challenge they get directed to dafuge's blindingly obvious challenge!

Personally I haven't played FM08 long enough to see if it is easy or difficult, but there's not much danger of my Whitley Bay game being too easy for the moment since I have a team of mostly 16 and 17 year olds and am trying to use tactics based on what I would want in actual football rather than considering how the match engine works.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

I find it easier than previous versions as the ME bugs mean I tend not to use real life tactics, but ones that work in FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could cut the bold text out and use it in any discussion of ANY version of CM or FM. This is not new to FM08.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Hopefully this will be blown out of the water in 8.0.2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And there's been this comment whilst waiting for a patch since the year dot as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

I started unemployed and after successful stint at New York... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

George, I'm just curious...how long did you wait at the start (in game time) before you hooked on with New York? And what experience level did you start with?

Archived