Signing players for £1 a week

I've tested this with a few players now...and it seems incredibly unrealistic to me.

I have found that you can sign players for £1 a week as long as you give his agent a good enough agent fee.

Surely even though the talks with the agent would go well...the player would never agree to playing for a pound a week.

Anybody else noticed this?

Absolutely every game out there will have exploits. Its impossible to avoid. Its up to you to make the choice of playing as it is meant to be played, or ruin your own game experience by cheating. This exploit that you have found willl not be of any bother to me or to most of the other members of this forum.

Its not just the fact that its an exploit, it's more the fact that the player seems to have no input at all in the contract negotiations.

When I first noticed this I assumed that even though the agent had agreed the terms with me...I would get a message a few days later saying the player doesn't find the offer to be acceptable.

You make totally unrealistic offers to a player, with the £1 contract and high agent fees. Yet you complain about the game reacting unrealistically? It is a game after all, and if you try hard enough to "break it" you will eventually succeed. Its not human beings with human intelligence you are negotiating with. Its a bunch of code which always will have its flaws. Give realistic offers, and you will get realistic responses.

I've tested this with a few players now...and it seems incredibly unrealistic to me.

I have found that you can sign players for £1 a week as long as you give his agent a good enough agent fee.

Surely even though the talks with the agent would go well...the player would never agree to playing for a pound a week.

Anybody else noticed this?

yes so you have found you can sign players for £1 a week?

very good, just don't use it ffs!

what's the argument here? the fact that you've now told everyone you can sign players for less now or the worry that AI managers will use this exploit?

As said in my previous post...obviously this can be used as an exploit...and if someone doesn't want to use it then they don't have to.

But thats not my point.

My point is that players seem to have very little input in the contract negotiations...offering a player £1 a week is obviously an extreme...but it does prove the point.

I think a lot of people really seem to be missing the point here. If this really works, then it doesn't matter what you offer the player as wages. It should matter. If this works, then there are no greedy players in the game, there are no players willing to work for lower wages at a club they love. It means that there's absolutely no negotiation with the players whatsoever.

i found this out also, but i only played 2 weeks worth of the demo to check the features out.

i didn't see this as a bug though as i was a lower league side, but yes it could be a massive bug if this is for top end players

Archived