+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Signing players for £1 a week

Amateur

Default Signing players for £1 a week

I've tested this with a few players now...and it seems incredibly unrealistic to me.

I have found that you can sign players for £1 a week as long as you give his agent a good enough agent fee.

Surely even though the talks with the agent would go well...the player would never agree to playing for a pound a week.

Anybody else noticed this?

Aston Villa Researcher

Probably best to post this in the bugs forum.

Youth Team

thats crazy, maybe il do it t rooney and hold him to ransom

Amateur

I would tend to agree. But I guess that would be at the level of not getting much and playing football because you love it. EG Conference north and south. Rather than for £250,000 a week and the love of money eg Premier league

Amateur

And this is going to be in the retail version. Hahah,

Amateur

Absolutely every game out there will have exploits. Its impossible to avoid. Its up to you to make the choice of playing as it is meant to be played, or ruin your own game experience by cheating. This exploit that you have found willl not be of any bother to me or to most of the other members of this forum.

Amateur

Its not just the fact that its an exploit, it's more the fact that the player seems to have no input at all in the contract negotiations.

When I first noticed this I assumed that even though the agent had agreed the terms with me...I would get a message a few days later saying the player doesn't find the offer to be acceptable.

Amateur

You make totally unrealistic offers to a player, with the £1 contract and high agent fees. Yet you complain about the game reacting unrealistically? It is a game after all, and if you try hard enough to "break it" you will eventually succeed. Its not human beings with human intelligence you are negotiating with. Its a bunch of code which always will have its flaws. Give realistic offers, and you will get realistic responses.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by CRCameron View Post
    I've tested this with a few players now...and it seems incredibly unrealistic to me.

I have found that you can sign players for £1 a week as long as you give his agent a good enough agent fee.

Surely even though the talks with the agent would go well...the player would never agree to playing for a pound a week.

Anybody else noticed this?
    yes so you have found you can sign players for £1 a week?

very good, just don't use it ffs!

what's the argument here? the fact that you've now told everyone you can sign players for less now or the worry that AI managers will use this exploit?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Smeemi2009 View Post
    And this is going to be in the retail version. Hahah,
    if knowledge serves me correct i'm pretty sure all games get released with some kind of cheats and exploits you can choose to use

doesn't mean you have to does it?

Amateur

I can seem to get this to work. How much do you normally give the agent?

Reserves

Clearly an 'exploit'. If you like realism, just don't do it. But as said, post it in the bugs forum - I'm sure SI didn't intend it!

Part-Timer

what player was it though? does seem easy to just pay agents more to get the wages down maybe needs to be adjusted.

Amateur

As said in my previous post...obviously this can be used as an exploit...and if someone doesn't want to use it then they don't have to.

But thats not my point.

My point is that players seem to have very little input in the contract negotiations...offering a player £1 a week is obviously an extreme...but it does prove the point.

Reserves

I think a lot of people really seem to be missing the point here. If this really works, then it doesn't matter what you offer the player as wages. It should matter. If this works, then there are no greedy players in the game, there are no players willing to work for lower wages at a club they love. It means that there's absolutely no negotiation with the players whatsoever.

Amateur

i found this out also, but i only played 2 weeks worth of the demo to check the features out.

i didn't see this as a bug though as i was a lower league side, but yes it could be a massive bug if this is for top end players

+ Reply to Thread