8.02 Patch Wish

I doubt this will happen but it is something I would be very happy if it was included.

When you start a new game after downloading the patch, I wish you could pick to start at the end of January, with the real results included.

You could take over England knowing that your job is to recover from the Euro 2008 disappointment.

Take over Manchester United and see if you can keep them on course.

Take over Fulham to see if you can avoid relegation.

Take over Barcelona to try a catch Real Madrid.

Play the real Euro 2008, with the real groups.

Try to win the Champions League with AC Milan or Liverpool, knowing that the league is out of reach.

I just think that this would be very fun.

I doubt this will happen but it is something I would be very happy if it was included.

When you start a new game after downloading the patch, I wish you could pick to start at the end of January, with the real results included.

You could take over England knowing that your job is to recover from the Euro 2008 disappointment.

Try to win the Champions League with AC Milan or Liverpool, knowing that the league is out of reach.

I just think that this would be very fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bradley Richards:

I just think that this would be very fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you just gave someone on SI a heart attack. icon_biggrin.gif

I think that would require a quicksave with all current stats from matches and leagues all around the world fixed like they are now.

Sounds like a lot of work imo. icon_eek.gif

I would be very happy to see all known bugs fixed or at least most of them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rimm!:

you used to be able to do his on the old cms by picking leagues which started in jan (for example sweden) but choosing to manage in england. why not just go on holiday for 4 months? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can do this by picking to start with the Brazil league, but pick to manage in Europe, but if you do this you don't get the real results. I have done this a couple times already and England make it into Euro 2008 every time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bradley Richards:

Patches should concentrate on making the game work properly. Data updates are irrelevant, I cannot understand why people worry so much about the data. As soon as you start your game you depart from the data thats there at the start anyway.

It won't happen, licensing issues prevent it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wazzerphuk:

It won't happen, licensing issues prevent it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I figured it would not happen for a reason like this. Just a Dream.

No this is a poor idea.they should spend their time fixing the many bugs in the game as soon as possible

I often start in January, as others have said just have Brazil as a playable league and you can chose Jan as a start date. It may not be real results but you can look at the league tables and try and steer someone from relegation. I often try and get promoted from a relegation position.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaticsLegend:

Fix the bugs that will do me. Oh and that controversy rubbish that happens in every game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say 90% of games in real life have some kind of controversy, whether it be a penalty claim, red card(or lack of), offside goals.

Just yesterday Rangers had 3 potential penalty claims, one of which was given, but the asst referee wrongly flagged the fouled player offside , so the ref gave a free kick the other way instead.

Almost every game I watch at least one side thinks they should have won a penalty. I just ignore the media interaction when it comes to controversy, though I think it is quite realistic, I also find it a pain in the ass.

GIVE ME BACK MY STADIUM EXPANSION! That's what I would like.... charged me 16million to expand St. James' to 62000, meanwhile lowering capacity to 40-something, fine.

Expansion comes along, play liverpool, have a nice 61939 crowd.... then save, exit, but next time I play (a 4-0 win at home vs man u I must say), oooh back down to 52387.... WHAT????? ARGH, very annoying. and now I'm gonn ahave to use a nasty 3rd party app to give myself that money back. NOT IMPRESSED. But I guess these things happen. icon_frown.gif

My wish list:

1) Fix MLS problems, including declining ability and supply of out-year draftees, fixture shifting, 'key man' availability, and being able to offer a player to other teams to drum up interest (as well as being able to trade up or trade down in draft order).

2) Rationalize player demands, so that you don't have a player asking to be placed on transfer list one week, asking to be removed the next week, and demanding to be put back on one day after that.

3) Is it possible to have AI teams learn to take "no" for an answer on transfer/trade offers?

4) I know that the media always look for controversy in a game, and to that extent, it could be realistic to have such a question after every match, but when you only have four or five possible responses, and they never vary, and one of them you never use because it might get you suspended, then what is the point? Please either expand the list of possible outcomes (probably not doable in a patch) or reduce the number of incidents (definitely doable in a patch).

I never understood the controversy thingy on penalties. Maybe offsides could be wrongly given, and then we could see the replay with an "offside line", so we could make up our minds, but what's the point of having a controversial penalty/red card comment when you can't be sure of anything that's happened? I mean, the defender could have punched the attacker, or it could have been the other way around, and it looks the same in the 2d pitch...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toon07:

GIVE ME BACK MY STADIUM EXPANSION! That's what I would like.... charged me 16million to expand St. James' to 62000, meanwhile lowering capacity to 40-something, fine.

Expansion comes along, play liverpool, have a nice 61939 crowd.... then save, exit, but next time I play (a 4-0 win at home vs man u I must say), oooh back down to 52387.... WHAT????? ARGH, very annoying. and now I'm gonn ahave to use a nasty 3rd party app to give myself that money back. NOT IMPRESSED. But I guess these things happen. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you patch your game this won't happen.

The Third kit s**t sorted out where you gotta create a new database cause the 8.0.1 database dont allow a lot of the third kits to show.Currently i only done all the english teams.Cause it would take to long to sort every team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal4life:

I would to have a feature where you can encourage your players to get citizenship if he is eligible(spelling). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree this would be good

grant should encourage cudicini to get english citzenship so we would have a decent keeper

Also i would like like SI to sort out The Shots on goal because I will have 15 shots on goal and 10 on target and will not score and when the other team has one chance they score and by the end of the match they may only have 5 shots on target and have beaten my 3-0 but I don't think SI are listening to us so what is the point in asking this

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fabioke:

please fix the regen problem its ruining my game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What regen problem? I've found FM08 to have pretty good regens. All of them seem to be pretty balanced and stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> What regen problem? I've found FM08 to have pretty good regens. All of them seem to be pretty balanced and stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could be the low CA for regens some people are complaining about, which I haven't really notice because I don't know how to look at it.

Or it could be the fact that 70% of regens have high long-throw att, something I do notice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

Just yesterday Rangers had 3 potential penalty claims, one of which was given, but the asst referee wrongly flagged the fouled player offside , so the ref gave a free kick the other way instead.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now you know how every other spl team feels playing against them most the time icon_smile.gif

What if the clubs can create youth camps via the board room screen, like adding a feeder club. Then the board will reply with possible countries and you have to pick one.

Then throughout the season you can get a message:

'(your assistant) has found a prospect in your (country) youth camp. Do you wish to sign him?'

Then you have the options of view scout report, offer trial and offer contract.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevsback:

BOARD CONFIDENCE - SORT IT OUT ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This!

Playing a 3 player game, my mate was Man United. When he took over, he was told to win the League at the end of a 2 year plan. The Idiot only went and won it in the first season, and came 3rd in the second season.

the board was very upset he hadn't met there demands (I guess winning the league a season early upset them) and was not given a new contract.

The shots on goal problems need fixing too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonythetiger891:

an editor for the North American versions would make my game worth the money. I feel sort of cheated to be honest with you. I dont think i'll buy from SI again unless someone either makes one or SI make one available with the patch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm playing the north american version of the game (worldwide soccer manager 2008) and it came with a data editor.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevsback:

BOARD CONFIDENCE - SORT IT OUT ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed Boards unhappy with my performance because of the teams cup performance, they were knocked out of the cup 4 months before I joined the team.

1. A better defence, so I dont get 52 shot on goal.

2. Fix average goalkeepers ability to become worldclass in these type of game.

3. Let my players score a longshot ones in a while please ? icon_frown.gif

4. Fix direct freekicks - they always hit the wall.

5. Fox the weather in Italy, 8 out 10 games its raining or crazy storm.. dont you just love how the ball fly in the air ? icon_frown.gif

One think that i would love to be fixed is the one on one problem, whenever a player comes towards the goalie, the player always hits it straight at him, doesn`t lob him or bend it round him like you see a lot of players do, there are other issues but that`s the main one.

Things I'd like fixing:

1. Regens... 1 in 100 are good, rest are rubbish

2. One on one's are so messed up

3. Super keepers

4. Having to wait ages when a play gets injured in game and it shows you it, mostly when you make tactical changes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal4life:

I would to have a feature where you can encourage your players to get citizenship if he is eligible(spelling). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thirded.

Nothing more annoying than getting yourself some wonderkid, sending him off to Belgium for 3 years only for the imbecile to not take on EU citizenship.

Put an option how to make substitution. A choice between the on going match(like fm08) or stop match (like previous versions of FM) because I personally this prevents me from playing the game at all.

Also If i choose for my assistance manager to do the team talks I do not need to see what my AM chooses.

Tranfer negotiation (when selling a player that must be at least someone interested, that is what happens in real life. Also if we gamers (we as Managers) want to buy a player we have to put a few more million to buy the player we want to, that same should happen when a club want to buy A player from our squad.

be nice to have the boards confidence and such like making sense......i got a new chairman,he wanted me to reach various stages of competitions,win the league etc,which i have,all within a couple of years,and yet the confidence in me is low because i didnt reach the long term targets in the timescale specified......but i actually exceeded the targets within the timescale specified,which makes no sense

Archived