Closed Thread

Thread: 8.02 Patch Wish

I doubt this will happen but it is something I would be very happy if it was included.

When you start a new game after downloading the patch, I wish you could pick to start at the end of January, with the real results included.

You could take over England knowing that your job is to recover from the Euro 2008 disappointment.

Take over Manchester United and see if you can keep them on course.

Take over Fulham to see if you can avoid relegation.

Take over Barcelona to try a catch Real Madrid.

Play the real Euro 2008, with the real groups.

Try to win the Champions League with AC Milan or Liverpool, knowing that the league is out of reach.

I just think that this would be very fun.

I doubt this will happen but it is something I would be very happy if it was included.

When you start a new game after downloading the patch, I wish you could pick to start at the end of January, with the real results included.

You could take over England knowing that your job is to recover from the Euro 2008 disappointment.

Try to win the Champions League with AC Milan or Liverpool, knowing that the league is out of reach.

I just think that this would be very fun.

Youth Team

Hmmmmm, mot for me thanks. I'm not sure I'd want half a real season, then half a fake season. We should be simulating full seasons.

Amateur

All I want from the patch is the shots on goal to goals issue sorting, one on one's fixing, make it possible to score from corners again and higher starting CA for regens.

I really couldn't care less about a data update.

Amateur
    Drifting around the outer reaches of his own mind, attempting to find something valid to say

you used to be able to do his on the old cms by picking leagues which started in jan (for example sweden) but choosing to manage in england. why not just go on holiday for 4 months?

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bradley Richards:

I just think that this would be very fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you just gave someone on SI a heart attack.
    I think that would require a quicksave with all current stats from matches and leagues all around the world fixed like they are now.
    Sounds like a lot of work imo.

I would be very happy to see all known bugs fixed or at least most of them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rimm!:
    you used to be able to do his on the old cms by picking leagues which started in jan (for example sweden) but choosing to manage in england. why not just go on holiday for 4 months? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can do this by picking to start with the Brazil league, but pick to manage in Europe, but if you do this you don't get the real results. I have done this a couple times already and England make it into Euro 2008 every time.

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bradley Richards:

Patches should concentrate on making the game work properly. Data updates are irrelevant, I cannot understand why people worry so much about the data. As soon as you start your game you depart from the data thats there at the start anyway.

Amateur

It won't happen, licensing issues prevent it.

Amateur

So you want a challenge mode based on real life results? IMO the game has an almost infinite number of challenges already

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wazzerphuk:

It won't happen, licensing issues prevent it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I figured it would not happen for a reason like this. Just a Dream.

Reserves

I'm a fan of the idea but it won't upset me when its not included.

Banned

No this is a poor idea.they should spend their time fixing the many bugs in the game as soon as possible

Amateur

Fix the bugs that will do me. Oh and that controversy rubbish that happens in every game.

Amateur

I often start in January, as others have said just have Brazil as a playable league and you can chose Jan as a start date. It may not be real results but you can look at the league tables and try and steer someone from relegation. I often try and get promoted from a relegation position.

Part-timer
    Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Planet Earth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaticsLegend:
    Fix the bugs that will do me. Oh and that controversy rubbish that happens in every game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say 90% of games in real life have some kind of controversy, whether it be a penalty claim, red card(or lack of), offside goals.

Just yesterday Rangers had 3 potential penalty claims, one of which was given, but the asst referee wrongly flagged the fouled player offside , so the ref gave a free kick the other way instead.

Almost every game I watch at least one side thinks they should have won a penalty. I just ignore the media interaction when it comes to controversy, though I think it is quite realistic, I also find it a pain in the ass.

Amateur

1) Corners to actually go in the box.
    2) Defenders/shots on goal/super keepers sorted out.

Then I'll be happy.

Amateur

GIVE ME BACK MY STADIUM EXPANSION! That's what I would like.... charged me 16million to expand St. James' to 62000, meanwhile lowering capacity to 40-something, fine.

Expansion comes along, play liverpool, have a nice 61939 crowd.... then save, exit, but next time I play (a 4-0 win at home vs man u I must say), oooh back down to 52387.... WHAT????? ARGH, very annoying. and now I'm gonn ahave to use a nasty 3rd party app to give myself that money back. NOT IMPRESSED. But I guess these things happen.

Part-Timer

My wish list:

For the game to work properly. Too much to hope for?

Semi Pro

If u want a challange play in the lower league or play Leeds.

Youth Team

My wish list:

1) Fix MLS problems, including declining ability and supply of out-year draftees, fixture shifting, 'key man' availability, and being able to offer a player to other teams to drum up interest (as well as being able to trade up or trade down in draft order).

2) Rationalize player demands, so that you don't have a player asking to be placed on transfer list one week, asking to be removed the next week, and demanding to be put back on one day after that.

3) Is it possible to have AI teams learn to take "no" for an answer on transfer/trade offers?

4) I know that the media always look for controversy in a game, and to that extent, it could be realistic to have such a question after every match, but when you only have four or five possible responses, and they never vary, and one of them you never use because it might get you suspended, then what is the point? Please either expand the list of possible outcomes (probably not doable in a patch) or reduce the number of incidents (definitely doable in a patch).

Amateur

I never understood the controversy thingy on penalties. Maybe offsides could be wrongly given, and then we could see the replay with an "offside line", so we could make up our minds, but what's the point of having a controversial penalty/red card comment when you can't be sure of anything that's happened? I mean, the defender could have punched the attacker, or it could have been the other way around, and it looks the same in the 2d pitch...

Amateur

BOARD CONFIDENCE - SORT IT OUT !

Amateur

Actually Brad has a point because the new patch would include any new transfers in January. One thing that troubles me is that it feels weird to have Jan transfers but start the game in July.

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toon07:
    GIVE ME BACK MY STADIUM EXPANSION! That's what I would like.... charged me 16million to expand St. James' to 62000, meanwhile lowering capacity to 40-something, fine.

Expansion comes along, play liverpool, have a nice 61939 crowd.... then save, exit, but next time I play (a 4-0 win at home vs man u I must say), oooh back down to 52387.... WHAT????? ARGH, very annoying. and now I'm gonn ahave to use a nasty 3rd party app to give myself that money back. NOT IMPRESSED. But I guess these things happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you patch your game this won't happen.

The Third kit s**t sorted out where you gotta create a new database cause the 8.0.1 database dont allow a lot of the third kits to show.Currently i only done all the english teams.Cause it would take to long to sort every team

Amateur

please fix the regen problem its ruining my game

Amateur

is there any news on when the patch is coming anyways?

Amateur

I would to have a feature where you can encourage your players to get citizenship if he is eligible(spelling).

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal4life:
    I would to have a feature where you can encourage your players to get citizenship if he is eligible(spelling). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree this would be good

grant should encourage cudicini to get english citzenship so we would have a decent keeper

Amateur

Also i would like like SI to sort out The Shots on goal because I will have 15 shots on goal and 10 on target and will not score and when the other team has one chance they score and by the end of the match they may only have 5 shots on target and have beaten my 3-0 but I don't think SI are listening to us so what is the point in asking this

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fabioke:
    please fix the regen problem its ruining my game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What regen problem? I've found FM08 to have pretty good regens. All of them seem to be pretty balanced and stuff.

Amateur

an editor for the North American versions would make my game worth the money. I feel sort of cheated to be honest with you. I dont think i'll buy from SI again unless someone either makes one or SI make one available with the patch

Semi Pro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> What regen problem? I've found FM08 to have pretty good regens. All of them seem to be pretty balanced and stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It could be the low CA for regens some people are complaining about, which I haven't really notice because I don't know how to look at it.

Or it could be the fact that 70% of regens have high long-throw att, something I do notice.

Part-Timer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:
    Just yesterday Rangers had 3 potential penalty claims, one of which was given, but the asst referee wrongly flagged the fouled player offside , so the ref gave a free kick the other way instead.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now you know how every other spl team feels playing against them most the time

Amateur

What if the clubs can create youth camps via the board room screen, like adding a feeder club. Then the board will reply with possible countries and you have to pick one.

Then throughout the season you can get a message:
    '(your assistant) has found a prospect in your (country) youth camp. Do you wish to sign him?'

Then you have the options of view scout report, offer trial and offer contract.

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevsback:
    BOARD CONFIDENCE - SORT IT OUT ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This!

Playing a 3 player game, my mate was Man United. When he took over, he was told to win the League at the end of a 2 year plan. The Idiot only went and won it in the first season, and came 3rd in the second season.
    the board was very upset he hadn't met there demands (I guess winning the league a season early upset them) and was not given a new contract.

The shots on goal problems need fixing too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonythetiger891:
    an editor for the North American versions would make my game worth the money. I feel sort of cheated to be honest with you. I dont think i'll buy from SI again unless someone either makes one or SI make one available with the patch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm playing the north american version of the game (worldwide soccer manager 2008) and it came with a data editor.

Part-Timer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevsback:
    BOARD CONFIDENCE - SORT IT OUT ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed Boards unhappy with my performance because of the teams cup performance, they were knocked out of the cup 4 months before I joined the team.

Amateur

board confidences and the SoT ratio..

Amateur

I just want 4 things fixed.

I want confidence sorted out as it is ruining the game

I want the fans player of the year to be someone else but the top scorer

I want defending fixed so less chances are created

I want forward to finish one on ones and score penalties.

Part-Timer

1. A better defence, so I dont get 52 shot on goal.
    2. Fix average goalkeepers ability to become worldclass in these type of game.
    3. Let my players score a longshot ones in a while please ?
    4. Fix direct freekicks - they always hit the wall.
    5. Fox the weather in Italy, 8 out 10 games its raining or crazy storm.. dont you just love how the ball fly in the air ?

Amateur

One think that i would love to be fixed is the one on one problem, whenever a player comes towards the goalie, the player always hits it straight at him, doesn`t lob him or bend it round him like you see a lot of players do, there are other issues but that`s the main one.

Amateur

Things I'd like fixing:

1. Regens... 1 in 100 are good, rest are rubbish
    2. One on one's are so messed up
    3. Super keepers
    4. Having to wait ages when a play gets injured in game and it shows you it, mostly when you make tactical changes.

Amateur

I just need new database update/

Amateur

1. The rubbish defending, therefore strikers missing loads of easy chances problem.
    2. Transfer negotiation.
    3. Board confidence.

Amateur

An option to have the news as it was previously

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal4life:
    I would to have a feature where you can encourage your players to get citizenship if he is eligible(spelling). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thirded.

Nothing more annoying than getting yourself some wonderkid, sending him off to Belgium for 3 years only for the imbecile to not take on EU citizenship.

Part-Timer

Put an option how to make substitution. A choice between the on going match(like fm08) or stop match (like previous versions of FM) because I personally this prevents me from playing the game at all.

Also If i choose for my assistance manager to do the team talks I do not need to see what my AM chooses.

Tranfer negotiation (when selling a player that must be at least someone interested, that is what happens in real life. Also if we gamers (we as Managers) want to buy a player we have to put a few more million to buy the player we want to, that same should happen when a club want to buy A player from our squad.

Amateur

be nice to have the boards confidence and such like making sense......i got a new chairman,he wanted me to reach various stages of competitions,win the league etc,which i have,all within a couple of years,and yet the confidence in me is low because i didnt reach the long term targets in the timescale specified......but i actually exceeded the targets within the timescale specified,which makes no sense

Banned

i wish if you leave a club you didn't go on their dislike 100 list.

Wenger left Arsenal in 2009 on my game due to contract running out and he went on dislike 100 list, complete ridiculousness in my opinion.

Same as if you start as your fav

Banned

favouriate club but you want to leave them for a few years then return say 5 years later it becomes impossible due to this 'feature'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Take over Fulham to see if you can avoid relegation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easy, they got Jari Litmanen.

Part-Timer

i got a few ideas

you no ronaldo always scores in real life well he never scored on fm. An also rooney is always top goalscorer on fm but he never scores in real life i think it should be changed to more like real life!

I think defenders dont get the credit on this game there never on 8 or 9 there always on 7!

Part-Timer

Also id like to add teams get more money in real life!

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grade:
    Put an option how to make substitution. A choice between the on going match(like fm08) or stop match (like previous versions of FM) because I personally this prevents me from playing the game at all.

Also If i choose for my assistance manager to do the team talks I do not need to see what my AM chooses.

Tranfer negotiation (when selling a player that must be at least someone interested, that is what happens in real life. Also if we gamers (we as Managers) want to buy a player we have to put a few more million to buy the player we want to, that same should happen when a club want to buy A player from our squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you not seen the Pause button?

Amateur

I would like to see player selection for youth tournaments to be based on year of birth not current age. In international management, I always manage both the A and U21 team. It annoys me that I can't call up players that have turned 22 even though IRL every player born after 1.1.86 is eligible to play at the 2009 tournament even though some maybe a full 23 years old by then.

Semi Pro

the original poster has a neat idea but there are too many things that prevent it from happening. someone over in the editors hideaway might be able to do that though.

Amateur

I play in Norway and my reserve team wins their league all the time and they are then given a multi-million dollar payout for winning that league.
    I also have to pay out $5-8 million for winning the Royal League because its considered a European competition by my squad bonuses.
    The squad bonuses must be fixed. This was reported way before the first patch and ignored. It kills my finances.

Amateur

Add this player is unavalible for transfer box under transfer status not set on the player transfer status screen cause i hate it when you have world class players on your team and other teams come in for them but you can only warn them off trough the media but if that box was there you could scare the other teams off by that box.

Amateur

Tweak the match engine based on what we have in 8.0 version.

I find people today are really not so honest.

Amateur

let you win some red card appeals

Semi Pro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arnoldzhu:
    Tweak the match engine based on what we have in 8.0 version.

I find people today are really not so honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why do you say that?

Reserves

I'd just be happy if I was able to load my last saved game properly, unlike 8.01, which I had to delete after it became a problem (thank goodness for backup files)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonythetiger891:
    an editor for the North American versions would make my game worth the money. I feel sort of cheated to be honest with you. I dont think i'll buy from SI again unless someone either makes one or SI make one available with the patch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The North American version ships without an editor? Err, why?

That's pretty horrible.

Amateur
    Struggling in EPL with Merthyr Tydfil 8.0.2

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chanman:
    I play in Norway and my reserve team wins their league all the time and they are then given a multi-million dollar payout for winning that league.
    I also have to pay out $5-8 million for winning the Royal League because its considered a European competition by my squad bonuses.
    The squad bonuses must be fixed. This was reported way before the first patch and ignored. It kills my finances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree. I pay 1.5M€ for winning a welsh cup, same as FA Cup!!! But winning that welsh cup gives me 150.000€ and FA final pays the other extra wages.

the problem is that I can't avoid winning welsh cup, because only worthy rival is cardiff, and I won them 3 or last 4 finals.

True_Faith

My players stats never improve, even the youth players.
    fm07 the stats changed loads.

Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My players stats never improve, even the youth players.
    fm07 the stats changed loads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mine do

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freelancer:
    Actually Brad has a point because the new patch would include any new transfers in January. One thing that troubles me is that it feels weird to have Jan transfers but start the game in July. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or when you begin the game you can select to use the .1 database then you'll have the teams from the start of the season but the patch will still have fixed all the problems.

Amateur

I want team transfer budgets to be updated and more realistic for example Nottingham Forest bidding over a million pounds each for two players when in fm you only get £150,000!

Amateur

So the issues raised in this thread are:

1) Board confidence is completely bugged, making the game unplayable realistically after 2 years
    2) Unbalanced shots to goals ratio
    3) Too many shots per game due to unrealistically poor defending
    4) Super goalkeeping
    5) One on ones not working properly
    6) Competition bonuses ruining clubs' finances
    7) The controversy problem: Absolutely no reason to have this feature as it is useless with the 2D match engine. It's basically impossible to work out for yourself whether a decision was correct or not, so all it really does is help you upset your players
    8) Future regens being rubbish

For me the worst issue is the 1st one. 2-5 together work okay, but they are terribly unrealistic and realism is what this game is aiming towards, right? All problems though.

SI have plenty on their plate and then people are suggesting more features! I would suggest that at this stage there are already too many features. Lets just focus on fixing the current problems.

Now a question: I know this is likely to be information available, but I don't really know where. When I we likely to see a fix to these problems, an 8.0.2 patch? Thanks for the answer in advance.

Amateur

For me the worst but is the "regen bug" and the screwed training system. If i play a game, i want to discover the new messi or Kompany. I don't want to wait to the age of 27 before they are good.

Most of the above and please can I get a feeder club? Trying for about 6 years now, you'd think the reigning Champions League holders could get someone as a feeder. I can't even get the usual Latvian no-hopers.

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

Just a little thing for me, that would be a big help...

You can ask the assistant to "filter unrealistic" in staff searches with a club, but not when doing a staff search for an international team.

Would save me alot of time trawling through hundreds of staff, even with filtered searches, then having to offer loads of candidates a job just to see if they accept.

I'm currently managing Ivory Coast and need a decent physio, plus I've offered every man and his dog the U21 & U19 jobs and nobody wants to come. Knowing who would "realistically" be interested in the job would be a big help.

Amateur
    Desperately Seeking Scouting, Abingdon, OXON, UK

I concur with aforementioned comments about board confidence, match engine and lack of variety of response for media items. Haven't had enough success to monitor bonus or regen problems.

In terms of confidence, in my latest game Oxford were expected to reach the second round of the FA Cup. I giant-killed both Bournemouth and Lincoln and drew Liverpool away in the third round. They were 1st in the Premier League. They beat me. The board are now particularly upset by this result. Ridiculous!

when is the patch due to come out approx?

Amateur

The player reputation bug... its so frustrating to see Mark Noble become better than Gerrard, but never picked for England because his reputation isnt high enough! Its ridiculous that 7 years into the game, Arsenal still have largely the same team now....

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stalefish_uk:
    when is the patch due to come out approx? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody knows...:P

Amateur

Confidence is just out of control. I won't play until it is fixed. I've already had to cope a month without FM due to this major bug.

Amateur

what bugs me is that when i sell a player, the next time im playing the club i sold him to i get asked about how i feel about him returning.....this happens every time i play his new club!!
    The first time aint so bad but when its every time against his new club i get ****ed off and almost get tempted to try get one of my hard men to break his leg and make sure he doesnt play against me again for a while lol

Part-Timer

make it an option on the next patch to activate or not the Real Time Tactical Changes, because I don't like it. I like that ones used on previous versions of FM where you stop the match.

if make it an option is difficult then i ask SI to create an optional patch with this change.

Amateur

can you download a patch, and continue with your current saved game but with the updated data

Amateur

i'd like to be able to interact with a player but not through the media, surely there could be an option just to have a word with a player.

Amateur

That could be an option but they should just sort out the simple issues that still remain like incorrect career records, greyed out national squads,world class attacking midfielders that get 1 goal in 15 games and rubbish players that score a hatful.

Semi Pro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miemie:
    Confidence is just out of control. I won't play until it is fixed. I've already had to cope a month without FM due to this major bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Just play FM07. Works for me

Semi Pro

I want to see some sort of coding error that makes Newcastle a good team. That means i wouldn't have to edit the database myself and cant get accused of cheating.

Closed Thread