Fm11 Worst version ever??

Ok This is being editted as I have taken back these words of worst version ever lol. Its more the worst feature ever. Which in turn does ruin the whole game which seems to be great apart from this one irritating feature that many now have been very unhappy with. My feeling is dont bring something in unless its going to be working to a decent level. I am sure many people would rather player interaction to this level taken out if its this basic and childish. If you wish to read on and give positive comments or constructive ones please do ;-)

Now I have been playing cm/fm for 20 years. Since i was 12/13 years old and I was one of the people who bought it on the release day. I have been one of its biggest fans. This game put me on the road to managment in which IRL I became the youngest coach/manager in the country when at 16 I took over from a manager who had given the team up. I had been helping out there as goalkeeper coach from age of 15 and became the youngest manager in the country. The team was u12s and I was only 4 years older than the players. I was in local and national press so I owe alot to this game although even from the age of 11 I was showing signs of becoming a manager by playing PBMs(play by mail management games) And even won league in 1st season aged 11 v adults lol

Anyway my past not that important but I just wanted people to know how much I think of this game and how my views I feel are valid and hopefully something is done to save my fav game.

In recent versions I have felt the game to over complicate things and feel so different regarding the display and interface. Also things have been brought in that I feel ruin it.

Well fm 11 has lost it now. I took over Barnet on the demo last night and normally manage them. Anyway I think SI have left the game ideas/features in the baby creche section.

I tranfer listed 4 players. All with different personalties. I did it as Barnet need money and these guys were either on high wages or of high value. All came to see me with the same question. why am I forcing them out. Then I was given the same possible answers for each players same question. I answered the same way. That the club needed the money etc. All said I am disrespecting them lol? Then I gave same answer and I got the same answer to all of them. Then there final answer was they better leave before they say something they regret? All repeating eachother word for word. Within 20 mins of playing the game I had come across something that for me makes the game unplayable.

Some people prob wouldnt mind this sillyness and repetitive feature but for me it makes it feel like you have taken over the under 5 local team. The answers the players give is so immature and stupid it just makes me go erm... I feel embarrassed. player interaction to this level should never of been allowed into the game untill it was perfect. This is just silly.

Now on the tactics section if you dont like the new set up on fm10 you can change it back to the set up you liked before. (Brill Feature) Anything with options and things that give you choice is awesome. But there is no option to go back to the prev feature. Not just that but the continuous and repetitive way you speak with players is annoying just after speaking with 2/3 I felt embarrassed I only had the same options to let the player know the meeting was over. Now Im not saying SI should of brought in 20/30 different ways to say bye or end of meeting. Im saying the game doesnt suite this interaction yet.

In every case the players said they dont want to play for me anymore just cos I said they was being unprofessional. The club pays there wages and I told them the club needs to sell them for funds. Nothing personal on them. I am sure there will be many other things like this in the game and for me anyway its just too immature.

For me its back to fm 06(the best version) and fm 10 is just playable and currently giving that a try.

i would like to hear other peoples views of the restricitve and repetitive player interactions. and if theres anything else they should have kept the same or atleast given us the option ot go back to how it was before.

Also if people have time or wish to answer these following features I cant believe were taken out from old fms or features I still cant believe are not in fm yet.

Answer in numbered answers.

1. Last match view!

Was 1st on fm over 15 years ago! Just a little tab to check your last game. I used to use this all the time to remind myself if I had saved the game and just came back to it what had just happened and who played and also to see ratings/form etc. Now I have to click on club,fixtures,and then the match I want to see.

2. Scout your own club.

This feature was awesome. First brought in about 10 years ago. You could scout your own club and on the report you would see all the players picked for games. There rating in the last 10 games and also if the team won/lost/drawed/goals/conceded. If a player played in the reserves it also showed that and also had the same stats. It also showed when that players last game was and you could click(1 click) on that tab and see which players at a glance played most recent and which ones have not played for a while. Now to a point the game still has this feature but its tucked away and harder to view and you cant do it as simple as you could like this option. You also cant team view it on your whole club like you could back then.

3. Position your own players!

I think this feature was also brought in 10 years ago. I think on the 00/01 version. Then it dissapeared forever? For some of you who didnt play that version this was one of the best features ever.

You could tell all 10 of your outfield players where you wanted them to be when the other team had the ball in certain areas. You could also place all 10 of your players where you want them when your team had the ball in certain areas. Making the game have a feel of great realism and making you feel you have done shadow training with your players. (for some who dont know this its what many coaches/managers do on the training pitch to let the players know where there wanted at certain times positional wise and also to gain the shape the manager is after)

If you got this wrong like tell your players to push up and drop back to much from certain area squares they could lose fitness and condition. brill feature this was. Not just that but you could tell that speedy striker to stay on that last defender and never get what you get now of your speedy striker taking up wrong positions or your slow striker being the man looking to run in behind.

4. Set instructions in matches given to players! (This is a feature that I cant believe has never appeared in cm/fm)

ok so lets say its half time in a friendly and you are making 11 changes at half time. Now if you want to play the game properly and have your players having all the correct instructions this is going to take ages! Especially if most of them are new or trialists. You have to weigh up the game/away or home/attack or defend and it will take some time.

Why oh why has nobody brought in a tab that has each player have set instructions they have when they play or when they come on as a sub. You could even have a tab of away or home instructions that you give that player and ofcourse you can edit if you change your mind on any of this. Would be best feature they could currently bring in.

5. Seeing tactics/player instructions from prev games and your AM. (something also taken out from earler versions)

I have seen alot in the forums complaining about not being able to set your reserve/u18 team tactics to how you want them to play. The only current option is use current match tactics.(which means copy 1st team) Not use tactics you set in the res/u18 tactics screen as some people think. In older version 00/01 and 01/02 you could look back at your reserve games and see what the AM did. You could also see what instructions he gave to each player which was awesome. As when you then bring that player into the 1st team you knew what he had been playing with in the reserves and he would hit the ground running as he would be playing the same way as he did in the reserves. It seems mad you cant now tell your AM how you want them to play and have to rely on what he wants (which you cant see now) or you have to ask your res/u18 to play same as the last 1st team match which could be completely the wrong tactics for the res/u18s next game. Also does copy 1st team mean copy all the player instructions also? I have never found this out yet.

Now to a few minor things

6. Pens taken and scored. On older versions you could see on a players stats how many of hes goals have come from pens and how many he had taken! Brill little feature. Ofcourse you can go to the league pens info but I want to see on hes profile page like before.

7. Player Celebrations.

Not sure if other people find every player celebrating the same way every time annoying but I do. On the older versions ofcourse you had no 3d. I suppose the development of the game this was always going to be tough to please people. For me the 2d was brill. Alot of the celebrations/goals was in your imagination. And for one this for me is better than watching better graphics of players doing silly things. now I know i dont have to watch in 3d but there is alot of things on the 3d I love. Also when you know something is there its hard to resist. just a shame the players dont celebrate more when they score in last minute compared to pulling a goal back. I mean having a players giving it the finger and punching air when 4-0 down??

Im sure I have missed some things out but those are some things that has been on my mind and which I can think of now. Would be very interesting to see peoples views on all of this ;-)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear. You cant add all these new things to then put something in so basic that is so immature and repetitive. As I say this is on playing the game 20 mins. Im sure theres plenty more. Going to boot it up now. But my point is somethign so basic for me can ruin it. I didnt say for all. for some it may be the best. But to me the smallist thing can effect the whole feel of the game. And tbh player interation is a massive part of the game and how it feels. If this is an issue almost every day you play the game with the same questions/same answers and all players saying the same thing to the same questions/answers then for me its a terrible addition.

Thats how much people dont read. And Brocky obviously didnt. I didnt say anything about those 7 things being the downfall of fm11. that was in general. My prob was the new player interactions. But I suppose I will need to wait for someone to read my post properly lol.

• Administrators
Thats how much people dont read. And Brocky obviously didnt. I didnt say anything about those 7 things being the downfall of fm11. that was in general. My prob was the new player interactions. But I suppose I will need to wait for someone to read my post properly lol.

I've edited it to eight now. Cheers :D

U mad brah?

• Administrators

Look in fairness some things can make a game horrible for some people - others can see something completely differently.

Personally I think the conversations are a different take and a step in the right direction in regards to communicating with players. In older versions players could potentially sit in the reserves for prolonged periods of time without ever kicking up a fuss. Likewise selling and moving players on was as simple as a click of a button - there was no real downfall in doing so. Now you have the opportunity to explain your reasoning to players before doing so. Now I'm not going to claim it's perfect, but you have to realise it's a natural step. We'd love to have loads more options in there but it was feasible to do so for this version. We hope we can get some great feedback and add to this - much like we have to other features in the game. And yes massive apologies for skim-reading your post the first time around! :(

In one of the points I agree with the OP. All the interaction with the players is a bit repetitive, also the press conferences.

But that's not a FM11 problem is a problem since you introduced this features so cames a point in my saves that I always say the same and don't bother with the press or the players say.

Put the AM make the press and don't respond to players and journalists is the other way, because I don't won't to say always the same and get the same reactions over and over.

Thanks for a more constructive answer there Brocky,

I understand this feature is needed and long over due. I for one used to get annoyed at the lack of convos or ways to communicate with your players. But I always felt I would rather it be out than be in and be poor. not just that but an option oo have it taken out if you really hated it. I mean you have to admit Brocky saying the same thing over and over to players you have transfer listed is a bit ott. Not just that but the way they talk to you and how basic and immature it is is so off putting. It reallty is like talking to a child over and over. And i t listed steve kabba, really experienced player. Many of my friends and players who used to play for me when thy were kids are on the game and if they answer the same way im gona call them up and take p$$$ lol.

In one of the points I agree with the OP. All the interaction with the players is a bit repetitive, also the press conferences.

But that's not a FM11 problem is a problem since you introduced this features so cames a point in my saves that I always say the same and don't bother with the press or the players say.

Put the AM make the press and don't respond to players and journalists is the other way, because I don't won't to say always the same and get the same reactions over and over.

So you mean when they come to you just dont answer them? I didnt even look for or try that option. i suppose if I am T listing a player i know what im gona get so may aswell just refuse to talk to them. And yea may leave conferences to AM, havnt tryed it yet.

Now I have been playing cm/fm for 20 years. Since i was 12/13 years old and I was one of the people who bought it on the release day. I have been one of its biggest fans. This game put me on the road to managment in which IRL I became the youngest coach/manager in the country when at 16 I took over from a manager who had given the team up. I had been helping out there as goalkeeper coach from age of 15 and became the youngest manager in the country. The team was u12s and I was only 4 years older than the players. I was in local and national press so I owe alot to this game although even from the age of 11 I was showing signs of becoming a manager by playing PBMs(play by mail management games) And even won league in 1st season aged 11 v adults lol

Anyway my past not that important but I just wanted people to know how much I think of this game and how my views I feel are valid and hopefully something is done to save my fav game.

In recent versions I have felt the game to over complicate things and feel so different regarding the display and interface. Also things have been brought in that I feel ruin it.

Well fm 11 has lost it now. I took over Barnet on the demo last night and normally manage them. Anyway I think SI have left the game ideas/features in the baby creche section.

I tranfer listed 4 players. All with different personalties. I did it as Barnet need money and these guys were either on high wages or of high value. All came to see me with the same question. why am I forcing them out. Then I was given the same possible answers for each players same question. I answered the same way. That the club needed the money etc. All said I am disrespecting them lol? Then I gave same answer and I got the same answer to all of them. Within 20 mins of playing the game I had come across something that for me makes the game unplayable.

Some people prob wouldnt mind this sillyness and repetitive feature but for me it makes it feel like you have taken over the under 5 local team. The answers the players give is so immature and stupid it just makes me go erm... I feel embarrassed. player interaction to this level should never of been allowed into the game untill it was perfect. This is just silly.

Now on the tactics section if you dont like the new set up on fm10 you can change it back to the set up you liked before. (Brill Feature) Anything with options and things that give you choice is awesome. But there is no option to go back to the prev feature. Not just that but the continuous and repetitive way you speak with players is annoying just after speaking with 2/3 I felt embarrassed I only had the same options to let the player know the meeting was over. Now Im not saying SI should of brought in 20/30 different ways to say bye or end of meeting. Im saying the game doesnt suite this interaction yet.

In every case the players said they dont want to play for me anymore just cos I said they was being unprofessional. The club pays there wages and I told them the club needs to sell them for funds. Nothing personal on them. I am sure there will be many other things like this in the game and for me anyway its just too immature.

For me its back to fm 06(the best version) and fm 10 is just playable and currently giving that a try.

i would like to hear other peoples views of the restricitve and repetitive player interactions. and if theres anything else they should have kept the same or atleast given us the option ot go back to how it was before.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but thinking this is the worst version & FM06 the best is not a view that many (if any) will agree with on the forum.

In terms of interaction I agree its far from perfect and it feels more like a puzzle box than a conversation currently. The problem is your dealing with a piece of software not a human being, it doesn't understand context or even the words on the screen it can only follow the path programmed when you make a selection.

1. Last match view!

Was 1st on fm over 15 years ago! Just a little tab to check your last game. I used to use this all the time to remind myself if I had saved the game and just came back to it what had just happened and who played and also to see ratings/form etc. Now I have to click on club,fixtures,and then the match I want to see.

Don't really see the point, the information is all there for you to view.

2. Scout your own club.

This feature was awesome. First brought in about 10 years ago. You could scout your own club and on the report you would see all the players picked for games. There rating in the last 10 games and also if the team won/lost/drawed/goals/conceded. If a player played in the reserves it also showed that and also had the same stats. It also showed when that players last game was and you could click(1 click) on that tab and see which players at a glance played most recent and which ones have not played for a while. Now to a point the game still has this feature but its tucked away and harder to view and you cant do it as simple as you could like this option. You also cant team view it on your whole club like you could back then.

Who scouts their own club? that what your coaches and AM is for. As you say the information is there and at the end of the day not everything can be on the front screen.

3. Position your own players!

I think this feature was also brought in 10 years ago. I think on the 00/01 version. Then it dissapeared forever? For some of you who didnt play that version this was one of the best features ever.

You could tell all 10 of your outfield players where you wanted them to be when the other team had the ball in certain areas. You could also place all 10 of your players where you want them when your team had the ball in certain areas. Making the game have a feel of great realism and making you feel you have done shadow training with your players. (for some who dont know this its what many coaches/managers do on the training pitch to let the players know where there wanted at certain times positional wise and also to gain the shape the manager is after)

If you got this wrong like tell your players to push up and drop back to much from certain area squares they could lose fitness and condition. brill feature this was. Not just that but you could tell that speedy striker to stay on that last defender and never get what you get now of your speedy striker taking up wrong positions or your slow striker being the man looking to run in behind.

In FM10 the shape you see on the tactics screen is the defensive shape while the orders you give (team & player) create the offensive shape but this was not represented graphically. The function you want does not work alongside the current ME and I doubt it will ever return as it makes the matches more robotic.

4. Set instructions in matches given to players! (This is a feature that I cant believe has never appeared in cm/fm)

ok so lets say its half time in a friendly and you are making 11 changes at half time. Now if you want to play the game properly and have your players having all the correct instructions this is going to take ages! Especially if most of them are new or trialists. You have to weigh up the game/away or home/attack or defend and it will take some time.

Why oh why has nobody brought in a tab that has each player have set instructions they have when they play or when they come on as a sub. You could even have a tab of away or home instructions that you give that player and ofcourse you can edit if you change your mind on any of this. Would be best feature they could currently bring in.

This has been the subject of discussion on the forums and there is no way to please both sides of the argument as they contradict each other. In my opinion its currently the best way as team comes before player, you shape your team first and then drop players into the roles not the other way round.

By far the biggest stumbling block is what do you do with players that play more than one position? Take a DC on defensive orders, what happens if you move him to DMC? the same roles aren't available to him so you would need to change them anyway.

At of the day how much time does it really take to select a role and defensive/support/attack. If you do the subs from the 3d its even already on the pop up for you.

5. Seeing tactics/player instructions from prev games and your AM. (something also taken out from earler versions)

I have seen alot in the forums complaining about not being able to set your reserve/u18 team tactics to how you want them to play. The only current option is use current match tactics.(which means copy 1st team) Not use tactics you set in the res/u18 tactics screen as some people think. In older version 00/01 and 01/02 you could look back at your reserve games and see what the AM did. You could also see what instructions he gave to each player which was awesome. As when you then bring that player into the 1st team you knew what he had been playing with in the reserves and he would hit the ground running as he would be playing the same way as he did in the reserves. It seems mad you cant now tell your AM how you want them to play and have to rely on what he wants (which you cant see now) or you have to ask your res/u18 to play same as the last 1st team match which could be completely the wrong tactics for the res/u18s next game. Also does copy 1st team mean copy all the player instructions also? I have never found this out yet.

Now this would be a good feature to bring back IMO but I suspect storing all the info is the problem here.

Now to a few minor things

6. Pens taken and scored. On older versions you could see on a players stats how many of hes goals have come from pens and how many he had taken! Brill little feature. Ofcourse you can go to the league pens info but I want to see on hes profile page like before.

I can see how it might be useful but as you say its fairly minor.

7. Player Celebrations.

Not sure if other people find every player celebrating the same way every time annoying but I do. On the older versions ofcourse you had no 3d. I suppose the development of the game this was always going to be tough to please people. For me the 2d was brill. Alot of the celebrations/goals was in your imagination. And for one this for me is better than watching better graphics of players doing silly things. now I know i dont have to watch in 3d but there is alot of things on the 3d I love. Also when you know something is there its hard to resist. just a shame the players dont celebrate more when they score in last minute compared to pulling a goal back. I mean having a players giving it the finger and punching air when 4-0 down??

Each version new animations are added to the 3d and more celebrations have been included this year. On FM10 though players celebrated in different ways depending on scoreline etc.

In response to your OP:

First of all the half of your post where you complain about your team not working for you. Lets see:

First you TL probably the four biggest players at the club. Of course they're going to be angry, if it happened at your job, where one day you were thought of as one of the better performers and the next some snotty-nosed brat out of college comes in as the new boss and puts you on final warning before a sacking, wouldn't you be ****ed off too? I bet you didn't even check how they measure up with the rest of the squad and the fans either.

Tactics: Looking at the tactics screen it is in tactics>convert to classic. Please next time actually look at the game you are criticising before ctiticising (in other words give others the same respect you demand "But I suppose I will need to wait for someone to read my post properly").

Of course you were being unprofessional, you don't summarily dismiss your top players on your first day at the office. You have to be a lot more circumspect than transfer-listing them and then saying "we don't need you". And if you think that player interaction is a lot more restrictive than FM06 then you play ****-all FM06 as that had player action which could be described as virtually non-existent.

Now on to the things you say stop you from playing the game:

1) go to team>fixtures>click on last match, problem solved. If you think three mouse clicks ruin a game, maybe you should try a different type of amusement.

2) assistant reports and statistics pages do what you want in a far better and more logical way than what you're argueing for. And no it's not tucked away, if you think that something which is prominently displayed is tucked away I suggest going to specsavers pronto, and take a guide-dog with you.

3) wibble/wobble was taken out of the game because it broke it. It was essentially an auto-win button. If you like auto-win buttons then I suggest playing CM10 or FIFA manager 2 games which prominently feature auto-win buttons (and 2 games far inferior to FM).

4) mainly because when you bring in subs at least half the time you are doing it to change something (either a player is too tired or playing too badly or you're losing). Furthermore changing instructions takes about 30 seconds max, except for in your outlier situation of taking off all players at once in a challenge match (which are so unimportant I let my ass-man do them).

5) control the reserves or U-19s. Even in real life most back-up teams play the same way as the senior team (how else are you going to get your prospects used to the way you play) and those that don't are going to play according to the style dictated by the reserve/u-19 manager. If you are focusing on the support teams winning over preparing their players for your first-team you're doing something pretty major wrong. Does any top team actually care IRL about reserve/u-19 cup/league trophies, as I've never seen it happening.

6) not a problem, end of story.

7) cosmetic feature which if SI have any sense is near the bottom of the list of things to do. If you want these things read my advice for no.3).

Frankly you've come across in your posts as a whiny little child who is throwing his toys out of the pram because his auto-win button was taken away, and also one who tries to demonise and belittle every single person who disagrees with you. If you had actually tried to have an adult discussion I would have had a proper arguement (where I stayed polite and non-confrontational) instead of ripping you and your idiocy to shreds with the ample tools you gave me in your posts.

Finally can I have the half-hour and 15IQ points I lost responding to your whiny screed back please.

Hi cougar,

Cant really quote that it would be massive lol.

On the people prefer newer versions. Yes this is true. But many didnt play from 20 years ago. many still play 00/01 and 01/02 There are websites dedicated to it. Even updates of players and leagues with the old set up and interface. IMO fm 06 was the perfect lbalance between toughness/realism and interface was decent.

And as I said in my post Cougar the option to turn this player interation should be avalable. SI must of known it was so basic and repetitive and many would hate it.

And the scout your own club option for me gave me info on decisions I had made and you could see at a glance things that really helped. Like seeing at a glance which player had gone the longest without appearing for 1st or reserve team. plus the average rating for last 10 games was brill as was the stats on when thet player [played how the team did and you could compare that to the rest of your squad.

And on the view last match option. For me I use this often(or used to) It was 1 click. Now it is 1 click, scroll down list and then click again. just a bit annoying and somethign that could have stayed no problem.

Not sure why you think the players positions when the ball in is certain aread would not work. I ofcourse understand when it was in the game before there was no 3d or 2d engine. But surely telling players where you want them atb certain points is possible. It works on free kicks/corners. Why not general play. Is it really that complex?

And on the player instructions section. Not sure what you mean. As it is at the mo you pick your team based on set default instructions. this for me is horrid as everytime you change a team tactic all the players are given new instructions. Surely a set player instructions can be set. As you say if the player plays a diff position then its no prob as then you can edit it how you wish.

And glad you agree on bringing a few things back. Especially seeing what your Am is doing in matches for the res/u18. I for one really work hard on the res/u18 and am very frustrated when I havnt a clue what hes doing with them.

I would agree with you on a couple of your points but to say its the worst version ever i don't believe it is anywhere near,for me it has to be 09.

I think I need to rephrase really. Its more the worse feauture. But for me something like that makes the game awful due to interation with the players is everything to put you off the game as its all about the players at the end of the day. Its not something thats easily forgotten as you are deailing with them and that feature all the time while playing the game.

Can't say this version has me as hooked as previous ones but CM 03/04 is the worst version ever released.

Really? That was the 1st year the 2d engine was brought in. I actually really liked that. With the patches it was brill game. 1st time for res and u19 league tables also. Something i love doing so this feature made itr brill for me.

It's a bit harsh after the demo being released for a day to say it's the worst ever version. I think you need to wait till all the patches are in before you can properly judge it.

It's not radically different from 10, as far as I can see. Frankly I think we just fear change, I know I do.

SI could make a completly realistic football management game. They could spend millions of pounds using the most advanced computing systems in the world and end up with a version where Rooney says he wants to leave one day and signs a new contract the next, where every player is totally accurate to real life and each have a unique personality. They could do this, the version would cost a couple of grand to buy and you'd need a super-computer to run it, but they could do it. I'm glad they don't frankly cause then you'd just have a second job to go to that you don't get paid for, working with a bunch of over-paid and spoiled ingrates.

It is just a game, it retails at 30 bucks and is a pretty good simulator. I know some of it will be repetitive, games do tend to do that but for me the pro's if FM always outweigh the con's.

You're entitled to your opinion and at least you found out you don't like it on the demo before you shed out 30 quid buying the game. Guess that's what the demo is for then and it worked.

It's a bit harsh after the demo being released for a day to say it's the worst ever version. I think you need to wait till all the patches are in before you can properly judge it.

It's not radically different from 10, as far as I can see. Frankly I think we just fear change, I know I do.

SI could make a completly realistic football management game. They could spend millions of pounds using the most advanced computing systems in the world and end up with a version where Rooney says he wants to leave one day and signs a new contract the next, where every player is totally accurate to real life and each have a unique personality. They could do this, the version would cost a couple of grand to buy and you'd need a super-computer to run it, but they could do it. I'm glad they don't frankly cause then you'd just have a second job to go to that you don't get paid for, working with a bunch of over-paid and spoiled ingrates.

It is just a game, it retails at 30 bucks and is a pretty good simulator. I know some of it will be repetitive, games do tend to do that but for me the pro's if FM always outweigh the con's.

You're entitled to your opinion and at least you found out you don't like it on the demo before you shed out 30 quid buying the game. Guess that's what the demo is for then and it worked.

Im affraid your wrong. :(

The player interactions are here to stay! And no way of removing them. And this repetitive player interations is how its going to be in the game. The same convo, the same questions, the same answers with every player in the world. Didnt SI see any prob with this? For me kills the game. I can take almost anything else but your chats with players has to happen in this version as far as i can see to be successful or keep morale etc up. And that means having to deal with players in this repetitve way.

Then I gave same answer and I got the same answer to all of them. Within 20 mins of playing the game I had come across something that for me makes the game unplayable.

I respect the points you've raised, regarding how you feel let down. But I think to brand it unplayable is an over-reaction. I mean, the players you mention aren't even in your plans - and their interaction is enough to make you ditch the game? You mention going back to try FM10, but you're only going to find the same thing there.

Can't you accept the poor interaction you mention and enjoy the other aspects of the game?

If there wasn't for the terrible skin, and a few ME animation glitches, this version would have been the best one EVER!

Igor are u serious?? The skin is default on the demo. On the real game there will be options. also stadiums and pics and other skins are avalable to download once the game is out. Thats just part of the demo the current skin.

As the same as everyone here, I respect your views. Personally I very much disagree with you in all your arguments, but that's my personal view, and found FM 11 to be the first FM game I've decied to buy straight after playing the demo (the previous years versions I've waited a few months beforeI have decied to buy the game).

I have to say, I can see why the players are complaining and their "immaturity" is udnerstandable if they are the biggest earners. Yes maybe could have done with some variety but it's a new feature and it think it's more than adequate. As for the 3D and celebrations, I love them! Enrages me when the opposition scores against me when im playing at home and celebrates!

I'm saddened to hear you haven't enjoyed the demo - as said previously it's the most excited version I've found for me - but hey ho, atleast you have a version you do enjoy! =)

i dont really see why you want the option to scout your own team.

if you go go any of your players profile screens you can view scouting reports on them from all of your coaches. you can also see stats and all of that other stuff you cant live without in the stats tab on the player profile. it just takes a couple of clicks to get to what you want to see, its not that hard

Im affraid your wrong. :(

The player interactions are here to stay! And no way of removing them. And this repetitive player interations is how its going to be in the game. The same convo, the same questions, the same answers with every player in the world. Didnt SI see any prob with this? For me kills the game. I can take almost anything else but your chats with players has to happen in this version as far as i can see to be successful or keep morale etc up. And that means having to deal with players in this repetitve way.

an easy solution to your problem then is to not buy the game, go back to playing your favorite version and wait for next year

As the same as everyone here, I respect your views. Personally I very much disagree with you in all your arguments, but that's my personal view, and found FM 11 to be the first FM game I've decied to buy straight after playing the demo (the previous years versions I've waited a few months beforeI have decied to buy the game).

I have to say, I can see why the players are complaining and their "immaturity" is udnerstandable if they are the biggest earners. Yes maybe could have done with some variety but it's a new feature and it think it's more than adequate. As for the 3D and celebrations, I love them! Enrages me when the opposition scores against me when im playing at home and celebrates!

I'm saddened to hear you haven't enjoyed the demo - as said previously it's the most excited version I've found for me - but hey ho, atleast you have a version you do enjoy! =)

So you think a player celebrating like hes won the world cup is good when hes team is 4-0 down and game is over lol. I have nothing against players celebrating? Not sure where you thought that was an issue. I said its silly how they celebrate when the game is over. I think its great if they celebrate a big goal or important one. But for me on 2010 which is wat i was on about and im sure its the same on fm 11. Not seen yet. But what you commented on was my prob with recent versions. not 2011. also if you want to talk to 5 year olds and have the same convo 100 of times a week exactly the same then its a great game for u lol.

As I say I gave 4 diff players, with diff ages, diff personalitys the same action. T listed them and then gave the same answer to them all. And I had a 3/4 answer convo exactly the same with all 4 players.

Should of been left how it was. and really made sure when it was introduced hundreds of variations and answers/questions was avalable. Or as I have said lots of times but nobody responded and thats the option to have it how it was in fm 10.

It's way to early to call FM11 the worst version ever based only on the demo, as it is way too early to call it the best ever.

I must admit, I have only been playing since FM09. I found FM09 overly complicated, but still enjoyable. However, I LOVED FM10, and, so far in FM11, I love it too (though not yet as much as 10, but it's just the demo).

In the OP, the player talks are mentioned. Keep in mind- this is the first year that these have been implemented, so you really can't expect them to be "all there" just yet.

i dont really see why you want the option to scout your own team.

if you go go any of your players profile screens you can view scouting reports on them from all of your coaches. you can also see stats and all of that other stuff you cant live without in the stats tab on the player profile. it just takes a couple of clicks to get to what you want to see, its not that hard

No you cant. You obviously didnt play fm 00/01. what im on about is seeing the whole team on 1 page with tabs and info at a glance! Not 30/50 clicks going to each player to see wat u want, as then u wud also have to memorise all that info or write it down. way ott.

an easy solution to your problem then is to not buy the game, go back to playing your favorite version and wait for next year

If I cant overide the current talk to players or atleast get away with it then ofcourse I will have to stick with 2010. which is a great game. many things not as good in it compared to earlier versions as i pointed out but ofcourse it has mnay new things that are awesome. one of the best things on fm 2010 was giving instructions to tell Am to leave a player out of a res game or have a player in your 1st team aval for res games. I was calling for that for years. having to switch 20/40 players on every game my reserves played was horrible. As you also had to shift the whole youth team up so he ditn play any rubbish yts players infront of your decent young players in the reseves. Also the oprion to move a whole squad up to a higher team or move them all down was brill.

No you cant. You obviously didnt play fm 00/01. what im on about is seeing the whole team on 1 page with tabs and info at a glance! Not 30/50 clicks going to each player to see wat u want, as then u wud also have to memorise all that info or write it down. way ott.

or if you dont want to look at one player you can always change the view when you are on your squad overview page.

i bet you didnt even look for the tab. its at the top right just so you know

Not sure what you mean? If you mean the overview which is for single stats then that is not answering what I said. you cant mean that so im not sure what overview you are on about.

Let me explain again. in 00/01 you could tell one of your scouts to scout your own team. It was a feature where if you do it when you next play a game all the players that featured in that game would appear on that scouts page Not just that but you would see all those 11/14 players in the same page with lots of diff info bars. Rating, played, goals, conceded, won, lost, and you could assess over a longr persiod of time at a glance your whole squad and how your team has done with those players appearing. you also got the last 10 games played by all players whether for the 1st team or the reserves with there average for the last 10 games. It was brill feature and was something i used alot. Many people prob never used it or thought to actually pick there own team that there scout scouts. On this old version you could only sign a squad of 50 players max. I used to add myself as managers of welsh teams and use those as my youth teams lol. I had port talbot as my under 17's and cwmbran and my u-19's. kind of improvising on whch I knew would be a feature added not to far away. You also had 3 players "starred out" as your 3 best players. not sure why they ever stopped that either.

By Squad Overview screen he means the screen where you look at your squad - you can customise the information it shows on there to include some of those things.

OMG LOL!! I had no idea this could be customised to see what you want at a glance!! I am so sorry lol. wow!! This is what im on about. I can put the things in there almost to excatly how it used ot be on the older version. I had no idea this could be done lol. wow that really has opened my eyes. So many must play this game having no idea how many features are on the game lol. Tbh I havnt played much of 2010 and i just thought this section was the same as fm 06 onwards.

Er you can also look at the "Assistant Report" on the squad page which shows where your team is strong and where it is weak, what players need to be replaced and what players suit the formation you are playing... Having scout reports for your team is already in the game from the very start you just have to find them.

OMG LOL!! I had no idea this could be customised to see what you want at a glance!! I am so sorry lol. wow!! This is what im on about. I can put the things in there almost to excatly how it used ot be on the older version. I had no idea this could be done lol. wow that really has opened my eyes. So many must play this game having no idea how many features are on the game lol. Tbh I havnt played much of 2010 and i just thought this section was the same as fm 06 onwards.

:rolleyes: You should run for office, sir. :D

Er you can also look at the "Assistant Report" on the squad page which shows where your team is strong and where it is weak, what players need to be replaced and what players suit the formation you are playing... Having scout reports for your team is already in the game from the very start you just have to find them.

Are you being serious?? Thats easy to see. I wasnt on about getting reports on players at any time. thats beebn in the game years. I was on about seeing everything how you want it from a view of all players in the same screen. which I think was new for 2010 or was it fm 09 this custom filter tab was brought in. I have only played fm 2010 for a few weeks now and just didnt see it. I didnt play fm 09. Hated it. So this is somethign new for me which is really good.

In response to your OP:

First of all the half of your post where you complain about your team not working for you. Lets see:

First you TL probably the four biggest players at the club. Of course they're going to be angry, if it happened at your job, where one day you were thought of as one of the better performers and the next some snotty-nosed brat out of college comes in as the new boss and puts you on final warning before a sacking, wouldn't you be ****ed off too? I bet you didn't even check how they measure up with the rest of the squad and the fans either.

Tactics: Looking at the tactics screen it is in tactics>convert to classic. Please next time actually look at the game you are criticising before ctiticising (in other words give others the same respect you demand "But I suppose I will need to wait for someone to read my post properly").

Of course you were being unprofessional, you don't summarily dismiss your top players on your first day at the office. You have to be a lot more circumspect than transfer-listing them and then saying "we don't need you". And if you think that player interaction is a lot more restrictive than FM06 then you play ****-all FM06 as that had player action which could be described as virtually non-existent.

Now on to the things you say stop you from playing the game:

1) go to team>fixtures>click on last match, problem solved. If you think three mouse clicks ruin a game, maybe you should try a different type of amusement.

2) assistant reports and statistics pages do what you want in a far better and more logical way than what you're argueing for. And no it's not tucked away, if you think that something which is prominently displayed is tucked away I suggest going to specsavers pronto, and take a guide-dog with you.

3) wibble/wobble was taken out of the game because it broke it. It was essentially an auto-win button. If you like auto-win buttons then I suggest playing CM10 or FIFA manager 2 games which prominently feature auto-win buttons (and 2 games far inferior to FM).

4) mainly because when you bring in subs at least half the time you are doing it to change something (either a player is too tired or playing too badly or you're losing). Furthermore changing instructions takes about 30 seconds max, except for in your outlier situation of taking off all players at once in a challenge match (which are so unimportant I let my ass-man do them).

5) control the reserves or U-19s. Even in real life most back-up teams play the same way as the senior team (how else are you going to get your prospects used to the way you play) and those that don't are going to play according to the style dictated by the reserve/u-19 manager. If you are focusing on the support teams winning over preparing their players for your first-team you're doing something pretty major wrong. Does any top team actually care IRL about reserve/u-19 cup/league trophies, as I've never seen it happening.

6) not a problem, end of story.

7) cosmetic feature which if SI have any sense is near the bottom of the list of things to do. If you want these things read my advice for no.3).

Frankly you've come across in your posts as a whiny little child who is throwing his toys out of the pram because his auto-win button was taken away, and also one who tries to demonise and belittle every single person who disagrees with you. If you had actually tried to have an adult discussion I would have had a proper arguement (where I stayed polite and non-confrontational) instead of ripping you and your idiocy to shreds with the ample tools you gave me in your posts.

Finally can I have the half-hour and 15IQ points I lost responding to your whiny screed back please.

Only just saw this post. Wow Brian you really have something big up your A**. What a sad life you must lead to be so nasty and pathetic in a post to me which was only mentioning things I dont like about the game compared to prev versions! I am allowed my opinion! And I only wanted to hear peoples views on the new demo! and some of the things I loved in the game from the past! everyone has there own opinion. I wasnt nasty. I havnt been horrible to anyone so I have no idea what you are talking about.

1. For a start (FOR ME) its an issue that was changed for no reason! View last game was a great feature that got removed for no reason. It could be tiny. It wasnt taking up alot of place and it was very useful. so your patheic negative comment is just laughable.

2. Something is tucked away in my view if its 2 or more click away! Its 3/4 clicks away when before it used to be one! So get that right!

3. How did player positions on and off the ball get you to win? If you did it right it helped and if you did it wrong it didnt. It took a bit of skill and not for 1 second did it guarentee for you to win.

4. Changing 11 players instructions when you dont know there skills without looking at each players profile takes atleast 5/10 mins there are 23 individual instructions! If you are bringing players on who are trialists or they are players you dont know well then this takes a very long time. And having to do it everytime you make subs is silly. before the game you can view the players stats/abilities to help you decide player inst, when making suns you cant do it from the sub match screen. You should beable to set individual tactics once! then they stay like that when they play or you bring them on. And you can edit how you wish if you want. If you play the game properly which I do having to change set pieces and corners instructions everytime is time consuming and annoyong. And how the hell can you say friendlies are not important? Wow shows what little you know about the game. You need them to blend, give confidence to your team, get everyone match fit, get confidence up, decide what does and doesnt work,

5. This once again shows your inept brain. I didnt once say I didnt want them playign like the 1st team! I said I dont want them using the exact same tactics! When you are away with your 1st team and you are defending or wanting to counter attack but your res and u18 both have easy home games u want them to go and attack on why would you want them defending? Also as I said you dont want your AM doing it fully as he may set them up differently to how you do things with the 1st team. so both ways is defeatest. The only way is bring in a AM who closely believed and plays how you are with the 1st team.

6. Who said it was a problem? It was an insight on something that was a nice touch on prev versions. all I was saying was i liked it that way. Im not going mad or making an issue out of it.

7. Erm it isnt hard to programme players not celebrating like they have won when they have lost! I was 4-0 down to Arsenal as im Barnet and it was in the pre season friendly. We score and my player goes mad, pumping hes fist and doing a Tore Andre Flo bird celebration?? Just silly.

To end you sound a sad, negative, lonely person. I really feel for you. This game is obviously your life and you may be paid to defend it. People are allowed there opinions! For me I was only criticisiing the same questions, same answers player interaction. for me it kills the game. FOR ME! It is still a great game. And my title of worst game ever if you read back was changed to worse feature ever. Altho for me the feature makes nearly all other fms much better.This new feature makes the game just lose it realism and feel to it.

And lastly on my view about players not wanting to play for me. Erm. They are paid players! The club owns them. I have already transfer listed them due to the clubs finacial state and I wanted to bring my own players in. Players in real life play on being tranfer listed! they still play there best and are in the shop windown if they play well to move to a bigger club if they felt they was good enuf. a player in real life does not act in that way of crying like a baby and feeling disrespected and being against me when I said to them i was doing it for the clubs best interests. And yes I did check how good they was. I watch them most weeks irl also. But players I was bringing in was just as good and on alot less money. Also I had players with high stars in the squad with much less wages to take there place so I did give it thought, Plus one had a 4/5 month injury(Izale mcleod)

Anyway for all to say the same thing to they same answers etc was so silly. Not one bit of variation or difference. Not sure what you are talking about regarding that tactics bit? aqll I said on that was its great you can go back to how you used to prefer it.

And lastly I do not play the game for it to be easy. I hate easy. I like a challenge. Why do you think I pick Barnet or play lower league management! so once again your views and comments are about as stupid and immature as the games interation feature. Maybe it was you they was using as the mock test for the game ;-)

@ Brian Shanahan's first reply....

** Stands and claps **

Brilliant reply. I agree with pretty much all that.

Then you dont know the game or respect my views. And you could not have read all which has been said. Read my last post. Then you may understand.

Archived