Player values in FM2011.Seriously way out

Anyone else think they are seriously way out

Im managing Tottenham and the player with the highest value is VDV at £9.5 million.A few others

Modric £6.75 million Are you kidding thats all hes worth???

Bale £5.25 million Come on

I could go on

Then i look at Man Utd and Hargreaves is worth £10.25 million and hes not played for god knows how long

Even Fletcher is £10 million haha

Anyone else think they are seriously way out

Im managing Tottenham and the player with the highest value is VDV at £9.5 million.A few others

Modric £6.75 million Are you kidding thats all hes worth???

Bale £5.25 million Come on

I could go on

Then i look at Man Utd and Hargreaves is worth £10.25 million and hes not played for god knows how long

Even Fletcher is £10 million haha

They are values that the game uses based on contract length & wage.

If you feel one of your players is worth more you should be setting an asking price for them - Almost all my first team players in FM10 had asking set and all were 2-3 times higher than what I would have accepted.

They are values that the game uses based on contract length & wage.

If you feel one of your players is worth more you should be setting an asking price for them - Almost all my first team players in FM10 had asking set and all were 2-3 times higher than what I would have accepted.

100% correct, they are not way out and are worked out the exact same as previous versions.

i think that this year are better. Pastore could value 15.000.000€, but try to buy him and tell me how many Palermo wants ehheheh

I bought him for Manchester City and he cost me € 30.000.000 but he has been well worth the money so far. He already scored 7 goals in 4 matches and 4 subappearances. :thup:

I offered Jenas, Pavlyuchenko, Keane, Bentley all for £7m and nobody was interested.

This is unrealistic, has been for years and I am starting to get annoyed with it.

Why is it unrealistic? Because if Spurs made these players available, for these prices, there would be several suitors, home and abroad.

I offered Jenas, Pavlyuchenko, Keane, Bentley all for £7m and nobody was interested.

This is unrealistic, has been for years and I am starting to get annoyed with it.

Why is it unrealistic? Because if Spurs made these players available, for these prices, there would be several suitors, home and abroad.

The easiest way to sell players, is to transfer list them at the price you want to sell

Wait a day or two until the "wnt" appears next to their name (providing someone actually wants and can afford them), and then offer them out

In every CM/FM so far (well since the offer to clubs option came in), I make at least £50-100M per season in sales using this method

Quite often selling for 2-3 times the players value as well

"Even Fletcher is £10 million haha"

You meen the man who we missed most when we were beat by Barcelona in the champions league final?

Does that make him worth more money.Because you lost and he didnt play.Thats the silliest thing ive heard since the latest debacle at Old Trafford with Waynetta NO BRAINS Rooney signing a new contract.

So Fletcher is worth more than Modric and Van Der Vaart?? A player who nobody knows will ever even kick another ball

i agree the prices have been wrong for years, as have asking prices. Kjaer for example went to Wolfsburg in real life for 10.5m, yet on FM 10 you were lucky to get him for under 25/20m..

However to be fair to SI they did say in a blog that this year due to the economic climate it would be hard to sell players during the first season of FM 11 and there would be more loans

Does that make him worth more money.Because you lost and he didnt play.Thats the silliest thing ive heard since the latest debacle at Old Trafford with Waynetta NO BRAINS Rooney signing a new contract.

So Fletcher is worth more than Modric and Van Der Vaart?? A player who nobody knows will ever even kick another ball

Nobody knows will ever even kick another ball? Fletcher? i think he will be kicking the ball this sunday.

What i meant is that as a United fan i believe he is our most important midfielder as proved when he isnt playing we struggle to take controll in the centre of the park.

The economy is bad and clubs at the start of the game already spend most of their summer funds. What do you expect?

The economy is bad and clubs at the start of the game already spend most of their summer funds. What do you expect?

Spot on. Im sure One of the fm blogs clearly states that the amount of money that clubs have to spend at the beginning is very low. Also consider whether the clubs that would be interested gave enough space in their 25 man squad.

And as stated numerous times a players value does not mean how much a player will be sold for.

Exactly. Player values are set on the game just so we have an idea on how much a player may be worth. As everyone knows, the amount you actually pay can be almost anything.

So a few players are under/over valued in the demo...all you need to do is play for a month or so and these values will change completely with form and all the other things that impact the value we see. What's more, this will be different in every save.

So what if player x is only valued at £5m - if he plays well he'll be worth £6m in a few months or if the AI transfer list him he might be worth diddly squat.

"Even Fletcher is £10 million haha"

You meen the man who we missed most when we were beat by Barcelona in the champions league final?

The man you missed most was Tevez. SAF blew that match by his horrible squad selection. Remember that 3/4 of the Barca defense was missing. And he left out Tevez? Ferguson can be an arrogant buffoon.

FM prices are always way off. When you want to sell you will struggle to get anything more than market value, but when you want to buy you have to pay 250% of the value.

In the case of "Jenas, Pavlyuchenko, Keane, Bentley all for £7m", I actually think thew game is right. Jenas might go for 7 mil but the others you would be lucky to find anyone that would take them for that price.

FM prices are always way off. When you want to sell you will struggle to get anything more than market value, but when you want to buy you have to pay 250% of the value.

In the case of "Jenas, Pavlyuchenko, Keane, Bentley all for £7m", I actually think thew game is right. Jenas might go for 7 mil but the others you would be lucky to find anyone that would take them for that price.

Based on FM10 thats total rubbish, your blaming the game rather than making an effort to understand it.

Its not SI's fault you aren't using the options available to you.

I offered Crouch around at £4m and had no takers. That's no really realistic.

I don't think anyone can possibly say otherwise, the fact is Modric and Bale are massively undervalued. Both signed long term contract this summer, too.

Don't judge on the demo, Miles said ages ago that initially selling would be difficult as teams have already spent their money in RL and set their squads.

As Arsenal, I bid 14 million plus Cesc Fabregas, Arshavin and Nasri for Sergio Ramos as my ass man told me Madrid were interested in all three players.

Madrid demanded 130 million plus the three players for their right back...

Man City had transfer listed Stuart Taylor, I didn't have any money left so offered them Diaby, Arshavin and Eboue in exchange (I started offering one and built the bid up). They hadn't expressed an interest in any of my players but I would have thought that would have least have got them to negotiate with me, seeing as they would be getting over well over 10 million pounds worth of players in return for an unwanted reserve goalkeeper. But they refused outright with no negotiation.

I thought this was disappointing, I mean they could have come back and said for Fabregas you can have him or whatever, but not to negotiate at all?

It doesn't seem very intelligent as I'm obviously keen to do business for the player- am i being unreasonable in my bid?

You are deluded if you think anyone would pay 7m for Jenas

• Administrators

Philly_flyer has posted pretty much what I've come into post. Bear in mind the majority of clubs have spent a large (if not all) amount of their transfer budgets, not to mention their wage budgets being near the top. You WILL struggle to sell players in the first one, maybe even two transfer windows - depending on whether clubs sell first. The market by and large isn't what it used to be and the game reflects that. In terms of transfer value, it's done comparatively - if you don't agree for your own players you can set what you want. But value and sale price are two different things...

Neil, this seems to be where the real world and the gaming world collide. While what you say is 100% true, it makes the gaming experience much poorer. Some players love the wheeling and dealing.

Ive suggested before that it might be interesting if SI allowed an option of starting the game on June 1st with the last season rosters and letting the player do the summer transfers. Im not sure how practicable this is, but in this time of tight economics it might make sense for a better gaming experience.

chill out.....

You are deluded if you think anyone would pay 7m for Jenas

or bentley.. mind you he is english

Hulks valuation is way off. Value 4.8. Porto want 58, and that was from a bid of 30. So at best its gonna cost 45ish. Now if his contract is worth so much why is he only valued at 4.8. If hes that good surely he is more valuable than 4.8? Personally i think after some good years under his belt for Porto, playing on the regs, in champ lge too, he is a 15mill striker all day long, Value. But for the last 3 fms hes valued at 4-5 mill. Have not played enough yet too c if other players are the same but Hulk has always had this issue.

Originally posted by bigdanio

To be fair the only player from that group I'd spend £7m on is Bentley, and maybe Pav. Keane and Jenas I wouldn't buy for anymore than £5m.

But like SI said van Der Vaart maybe worth £9.5m, but how much would he actually be sold for? A lot more! And also didn't spurs only buy him for like £8m, so that will be partially reflected.

Oscar Cardozo is in my opinion one of the best strikers in the game and his value is always around €3M .. David Luiz €2M (seriously?) and so on, you might say that doesn't mean you'll get offers around that value, well it did, in my case at least, in FM 10 so i suspect the same will happen with FM 11, unless you win a few trophies for your country and that's when the dynamic league reputation thing will come into play

I might be wrong in saying this, but i've noticed in previous fm's that at the start ALL (apart from the obvious Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney etc) values seem pretty low. However as I play the game and they produce good performances their values rise greatly.

Values are also based on reputation, for instance if you sign a player on a free for Barca they'll be worth considerably more than if you signed them with Newcastle... I think.

Yeah I thought the same, Lambert at Saints is worth 500k and I put him up for sale and was offered 0k plus 400k after 24 months, Lallana is worth 400k and so on. I checked other teams in the league and found their players with the same ability are worth more, so I made a bid for Jordan Rhodes and they asked for 2m

it sucks.

I managed to sell Jenas and Bentley for £5m each and also got £7.5m for Keane

Archived