+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,600 of 1765

Thread: OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

Amateur

Guys, i think theres something weird is going on, i just got these scout reports right here

this all would be fine... if the players werent like this

Blue- Mavuba
    Gray- Pirlo

Blue- Obraniak
    Gray- Ronaldinho

Are these players really the kind of players who would be leading stars in the Serie A? I dont really think so. The scout is rated 18/19 so its not low stats.

Also some ingame commentary isnt showing up on the 2D Classic/TV View, to be more precise, the yellow card messages. It goes "The referee is calling Seedorf", then it doesnt show the yellow card message, it just continues fast forwarding. The yellow card shows up on the timeline though. Also get back the GOAL FOR BARCELONA flashing text when a offside goal happens please, it gives the whole "YEA GOAL O WAIT IT WAS OFFSIDE FFFFUUU" thing that happens in real life much better than having a non-flashing text (which automatically means its offside, its not as exciting).

Amateur

Started a game against Blackburn and the weather was fine but as the game's progressed it's rained more & more and now it's a downpour! Very impressed SI!

Also had a penalty appeal turned down but the players had their arms up waving away trying to change the refs decision. Later in the game I did get a penalty and instead of previous games where the 2d dot just stops, this time i saw the player falling over.

The new post match screen is fantastic too. The screen's always been there but now it just looks so much more tidy and instead of having a large page with no info on, it's elegantly filled.

With regards to the 'set piece creator' - there's been a lot of noise from people who'r miffed it isnt a total revamp. Personally speaking, having a job and other things in my life I'm kinda glad it isnt one of those things! It was fine to begin with apart from the cheating and thankfully this has been eliminated but now we see visually what we'r telling the players to do.

Very nifty you can do a loan report too! Loving that.
    Last edited by !Steve1977; 23-10-2010 at 23:54.

Semi Pro

@ Joe - yes I am having the same problems. I am Barcelona - and having scouted around 40 odd young players - the vast majority of them have been rated 3 stars PA and will play to a similar standard to the likes of Mess, Xavi, Iniesta, and Villa. Something is definitely wrong. It like every play according to my scouts (and they are good scouts) are going to tun into great players!!!

Amateur

The "U21" tag is a small but very useful addition in the squad registration screen. Now I don't have to check the birth dates of all the young players anymore !

Thanks for that one.

Amateur

OK so I've finally played my first match and the new 3d engine and TV view are phenominal! I think the transitions from dots to actual players finally feels complete in this view. I've actually slowed down the match speed from where i had it in FM 2010 just because it looks so great. I also love the option to change the view for the replay. The zoomed vertical scrolling view is immensly helpful in determining what went wrong when you conceed goals, and just enjoying the brilliance when you score them.

I also like the new post match screen. As mention in my first post however, there is still quite a bit of wasted space here. If you reworked a few of the widgets on this screen you could probably fit the match analysis and milestones all on the 1 page without having to use tabs for them. (Man of the match window, Referee window, results window, and top scorers window are all bigger than they need to be.)

Part-Timer

Any update on my training assignment issue?

Amateur
    Lost... And also naked.. Do you know where i live?

Getting really annoyed with the conversation feature. Maybe it's just me but it seems as soon as your in a conversation with an unhappy player you seem destined to make them more unhappy. Right now i'm facing a player revolt and i haven't even hit November yet. Either way you just can't win as nearly as all the players seem to be high off their own asses. If they say they want more respect you can't back down and say your wrong.... It just seems the conversation feature needs tweaking with more options as right now it all seems to be heading down a one way street from the start with just two options to start with. Lets hope it's better in the full version....

Also i think the rating for Leeds United's training facility is way off the mark as it should be way way higher!
    Last edited by Matt_no_7; 24-10-2010 at 00:39.

Amateur

Just a question on something I am interested in, I didn't think you had to register players for the football league (25) like in the prem? My team Saints have signed Bignal and Chaplow in real life but in the game I cannot register players after august 31st (we signed this players 2 weeks ago in real life)

Amateur

Nice 3D just please can you fix the "skating moves"? Also i canot setup any usefull tactic for games i'm playing out. The tactic i have is superb for home games but it is not working away at all. It looks like there is big different beween how you will play games home/away in 2011. I uninstalled the game rather then to get angry at myself.

Semi Pro

I really do like how interaction between people on this game is much better than in previous versions, but does every manager I meet have to be an arse?

Extreme case of sour grapes?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by JEinchy View Post
    I really do like how interaction between people on this game is much better than in previous versions, but does every manager I meet have to be an arse?

Extreme case of sour grapes?
    My Cambridge team drew with Fulham in a friendly, and after the match the Fulham manager complimented me as a manager. So I did the same in return, and he proceeded to compliment me a second time

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_no_7 View Post
    Thought of a another one.

1. Still a problem when it comes to assigning roles to strikers. Say you want a target man and a complete forward well you can have that but it also means you can't have them switch position as they will also switch roles also. Si really need to look at this as in real life (and i assume they are trying to get a close as possible to that) strikers don't switch roles as soon as they find themselves playing on the right side of attack instead of the left. Personally i want my forwards switching sides, makes them harder to mark and i've noticed in past versions it gets me way more in way of goals but in the same breath chances are missed because of the whole role switching side of it where a speedy striker gets caught in possession because he's not much of a target man.
    Agreed... I, for one, would have loved this feature. It expands a manager's strategic options to outplay / outsmart the opposition's manager

Amateur
    Lost... And also naked.. Do you know where i live?

Exactly. It just seems a bit set in stone at the moment as you wouldn't see real life managers giving a set role to the formation (e.g. right forward - target man, left forward - defensive forward), they'd give the role to the players and naturally want them to switch, become harder to mark and so on. Sort it out Si!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fcunitedfan View Post
    My Cambridge team drew with Fulham in a friendly, and after the match the Fulham manager complimented me as a manager. So I did the same in return, and he proceeded to compliment me a second time
    I wish I had your luck.

I hope this isn't going to be the common reaction whenever a smaller club gets thrashed by a bigger club.

Amateur
    The darker recesses of my mind, The world is a sim, help , help needed

Love the contract negotiations, just do not empower lower league standard players ( or any other players ) with the financial acumen of a phookin accountant. For the love of playing.... (roons ...if money is all... quit). Great beta test army you have going on here,S.I ...

Amateur

My teams need to take more long shots it seems. 12 a match just isn't enough.

Amateur

Okay, I have concluded my final first impressions on the Football Manager 2011 Demo:

I think that potentially the game is worth the buy... and I'd most likely invest a lot of hours into the game like I did its predecessor Football Manger 2010 (I clocked around 800 hours before I uninstalled it on Wednesday), however with the amount of problems that I've hit whilst playing the demo and the problems that I've seen posted around the forums by other users is quite worrying considering that those of us that play the demo are mainly influenced in our decision to by the game by its quality.

A few examples of the many current problems withe the game which I have embarked on: lack of options to choose from in every area of the private chat feature / lack of responses available for previous/next match fixtures / players being on loan but their hapiness registering like they are not on loan / bugs with what the media are saying / transfer and contract negotian bugs - and with these bugs and those posted around the forums in mind... I have decided I won't be buying the game until I have visible evidence from the other forum users on here that those issues have been sorted out, because many of those bugs that I've embarked on myself (never mind the ones posted by other users) would have a lasting effect on my enjoyment of playing the game, and I can't imagine all those problems will be fixed by the release of the full game until reassured otherwise.

I am a little concerned that the game has got to the stage where it could be released as a demo without all these problems being identified and fixed first. SI have obviously got a group of employees that test the game before it goes to demo, and during only my first 10 hours of playing time I have already managed to find enough problems to put me off buying the game in knowing that it is released as a full product in 12 days, and I'm not even intentially going out of my way to find these problems that I'm picking up... unlike the game testers would that get paid to indentify them, but these are just simple problems that anyone playing the game for a short period of time would find, so I can't understand why they are there at this stage...

I'll be keeping my eye out for those postive posts from active users about how all the major problems that have been raised from us all have been rectified, but until then I won't be buying Football Manager 2011 and sharing my gaming time between itself and Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Other than the problems that we are all finding (which are major problems), the game looks like it would probably be worth the buy like I mentioned at the start of my post.

The best way to describe how I feel about the demo is let down (due to the reasons I've gave above), but I have optimism that SI will start fixing these issues sooner rather than later if they want this game to be a success.

So to sum it all up for SI: For me, the game is not playable for a proper season in its current state of problems.
    Last edited by Dan Madeley; 24-10-2010 at 06:49.

Amateur

I have to join the choir of people saying that the private conversations are too limited.

Often my response options are very negative, and thus you will end up making things worse. With the vast number of issues that can come up during a season, Id imagine something like this could hamper your team morale quite a bit.

please add more positive comments, so any issue can be handled in different ways and not just the "Im boss, suck it up, or you will be on the list"..

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by cachirro View Post
    check your game settings, you must have stadium and crowds OFF.
    Thanks

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rhazmuz View Post
    I have to join the choir of people saying that the private conversations are too limited.

Often my response options are very negative, and thus you will end up making things worse. With the vast number of issues that can come up during a season, Id imagine something like this could hamper your team morale quite a bit.

please add more positive comments, so any issue can be handled in different ways and not just the "Im boss, suck it up, or you will be on the list"..
    Same, as mentioned before, I would've loved a choice to say to the player he will get a chance real soon to prove himself, something mildly positive! But when sifting through the options I had, all I found was a bundle of negativity that would make me look like a bully :P

And, I have to agree with Dan.. would it have hurt to release the demo a bit early (before the game went gold?).. Seriously, the community found so many bugs within hours of playing the game, I find it very concerning that those bugs are actually gonna make it to the released version of the game. What were the testers doing? -_-

I only hope SI learned their lesson, and FM 12 will be able to avoid all this negative feedback two weeks before its release
    Last edited by Myros00; 24-10-2010 at 14:01.

Amateur

I think I'm getting too old for this now. For me the game doesn't have the magic it used to. Too much going on in the game - all I want to do is buy a few players, pick a team and play a match. I don't want all the phaff with "conversations", intricate training and tactics, pointless repetitive interactions with the media etc etc.

Certain aspects of the 3D ME have improved, but the players are too small - is it necessary to see the whole of pitch all of the time? Why not a typical TV view where the camera follows the action, less pitch, bigger players please.

The number of long shots is quite rediculous - all over the bar naturally, begging the question why bother with tactics at all. Also I seem to spend too much time looking at an empty pitch and just when I think it's frozen the players gently fade in and about half an hour of match play has passed. Why do some of the stadiums look like prisons? Sadly for me I don't see a huge improvement from FM2010 and probably won't bother tbh

Semi Pro

Try the new 'TV' camera angle.

Amateur
    In a hobbit house in the side of a small hill

Very impressed so far, and I will definitely be buying the full product

I see injured players fail their medicals if you attempt to sign them. Surely there's a way around this as players can be signed if they have knocks.

Amateur

Well game crashed, and also way to many yellow cards and red cards

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMunch View Post
    Just a question on something I am interested in, I didn't think you had to register players for the football league (25) like in the prem? My team Saints have signed Bignal and Chaplow in real life but in the game I cannot register players after august 31st (we signed this players 2 weeks ago in real life)
    Can anybody answer this?

Amateur

Usually quite positive about new FM releases - even the occasionally villified ones like '09 - but not so sure about this one at the moment. I haven't got to playing matches yet, but have to say it keeps jumping out at me:

Chelsea spending 60m on players - this ain't 2005 anymore. Needs more playing before judgment but if the transfer AI is as gormless as before then I'd say those are the kind of improvements that deliver a better game. I like the Agent system but all that won't matter so much if what is happening in the trasnfer world isn't believable. We'll see.

Youth Team
    The 5th Level of Hell - Where the Wrathful and Gloomy are sent

Can anybody answer this?
    both on loan

i have no idea how that works regards the registation tho...

Amateur

i like the game but the thing that bugging me is i play in windowed mode, and when doing my training schedule i cant see the training workload slider thing at the bottom of the screen, i have to change screen to default to see it.

apart from that, good game

Amateur

Initial Thoughts are that new features are great, however the skin is terrible got to be the worst i have ever seen, the skin in FML is better, match engine looks good

Part-Timer

Anyone else notice the delay from switching between squads, 1st team,reserves and under 18's? the screen goes blank then shows the players!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jed_Leeds_ United_ Fan View Post
    Does anyone else find this demo awefull to play??

The demo is usefull as it shows you new features n stuff..... Some I like n some I dont.

I just cant play the demo in anyway, there are so many players missing it just doesnt seem realistic...(database so small)

Lol I bet thats to get people with rubbish operating systems to believe they can run the game smoothly n wi no problems so they buy the game....

Also I started a game with Leeds united... how come the seasons fixture list is completly wrong????/

I agree with the issue of small database size. There should have been a version including all players for those of us who -hate- 'greyed' out players. It feels as if we're supposed to test this game with our hands tied.

It's a demo. As in demonstration.

Also, thought the fixture list was always randomly generated.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by lee_the_pea View Post
    i like the game but the thing that bugging me is i play in windowed mode, and when doing my training schedule i cant see the training workload slider thing at the bottom of the screen, i have to change screen to default to see it.

apart from that, good game
    also with Coaches Training missing the last couple (EG. Shooting and Attack etc).

Reserves

I have just had Ben Thatcher(free agent) still, sack his agent because he was a very impatient negotiator. Has anyone else seen it. I think it's great.

Amateur

Generally speaking the game looks very good and smooth.

Like the interface, tactic and set-piece creator, graphics, contract negotiations

Don't really dislike anything though the interaction sometimes seems a little strange. Example: I asked the board to get a parent club, they agreed and the next option was that the conversation has run its course, which sounds a bit rude considering they gave me what I wanted. The idea is a step in the right direction though and will probably be improved in future versions. it's also difficult to find a couple of things, for example, it took me ages to find the screen to decide who is in charge of each team, etc. Also, some wage demands of scouts, coaches etc. seem very unrealistic (unproven coaches wanting 600+ quid for a part-time contract seems a bit OTT.

Even though I think the game is good, I'm having difficulty getting into it. Maybe its because it's the demo and it's a quick save, but I'm not sure whether I'm going to buy the game, which will be the first time in over 10 years that I don't.

Amateur

He scored a lob from outside the area in the last match, for a good 7.2 rating.

Also in the backroom advice screen i get messages about how two of my players are unhappy with the training workload... but when i go to the specific player training page it says they are happy with the training workload. At least my AssMan disagreed with both messages

Amateur

Game looks pretty good from what little I've played. The only note I'd make is that it seems that some researchers seem to have been a little harsh particularly with certain countries. Scotland might as well make curling our national sport if these stats were all right. The Dutch and a whole host of their players and talents are unbelievably underrated. France as always have ridiculously large numbers of talents. As usual anything or anyone connected to premiership is fantastic. Fabregas has a higher CA than Iniesta! Seriously? I suppose it is all about opinions and that's why you get an editor.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dr p wigwam View Post
    both on loan

i have no idea how that works regards the registation tho...
    I also brought a few in on loan and had spaces spare and yet they couldn't play.

Amateur

I Know we can carry on our game from the demo to the full version

But can we only pick one league on the demo ?

Thanks

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post

He scored a lob from outside the area in the last match, for a good 7.2 rating.

Also in the backroom advice screen i get messages about how two of my players are unhappy with the training workload... but when i go to the specific player training page it says they are happy with the training workload. At least my AssMan disagreed with both messages
    that's rubbish tbh. i dont hate this conversation stuff, but some of the players do seem to get upset very easily...

Amateur

Anyone else finding this a bit easy? I started with Man Utd, only bought Dzeko and my first two games of the season:
    Chelsea v Man Utd (community shield) 0-3
    than first game of season away to arsenal arsenal 0-6 man utd
    they didnt even put up a fight

never mind just ended up drawing 2-2 to west brom after having a 2-0 lead at half time.. realistic :P
    Last edited by besimBHFmufc; 25-10-2010 at 00:33.

Part-Timer

I am not sure if anyone else is/has been experiencing this, but on the transfer deadline day I made a signing that required a workpermit. The squad registration accured just before I managed to have the player in the squad although he accepted terms and workpermit was granted (transfer-window was closing later that day), so it looks like I can't use him until the transfer window opens in January & a new squad registration is possible. Wouldn't it be more correct if the final squad registration happened immediatly before the transfer window closes (like the page before in computer terms )? Having the V.D. Vaart deal in mind...

Amateur

Don't know if anyones spotted something similar to this but in the build up to my away tie in the cl group stages against inter milan (i'm tottenham) i got a news item titled benitez speaks of tottenham's good form it then goes on to say : Inter manager Rafa Benitez has told Tottenham Hotspur supremo Scott Johnstone in the build-up to their Serie A clash on wednesday that he truly hopes the best team win. Benitez commented that Johnstone was a good manager and with Tottenham's recent good form he would not begrudge Tottenham the victory . I'm assumign everyone spotted the mistake i've put it in bold just incase i'm not going in a huff over it i'm merely bringing it to si's attention because it would be wrong not too !

Amateur

Have been playing as plymouth and found winning quite tough, even though had signed Aliadiere and a few other better players for the club.specially for League 1.
    in comparison to my 1st quick start Hercules,just promoted into primera (trezeguet,drenthe,N,Valdez) and was smashing goals in every game.obv a differance in talent but still such a stretch apart considering they were in the same league equivelant last year.
    so strange in how this reflects the players ability.

Also not sure if im being a total c*ck but have put in for a few contracts (usual player/agent demands palava) then gone to double check my finances to be sure to accept the right players. decided to go back and adjust/change the contract given,but gives me no option to do so,unlike fm10(positioned under withdraw transfer).
    thought i would withdraw to then renegotiate, but agent says-my player is not interested after previous break down in talks

Woah 'alright darlin,no need to get your knickers in a twist' you'll neva find a club who could've loved ya as well as i could' ok now bye bye then. :P

Amateur

works fine here, looking forward to buying the game

Amateur

really,thats wierd coz it doesnt give me any other options apart from withdraw,last game had 2 or 3 differant options. maybe i need to reinstall the demo or something.

other than the 2 things ive spotted,oh and players throwing hissy fits over being transfer listed,every thing seems grand,

Dark skin all the way wooohooo!!!!

Amateur

Also happening in the goals screen too (which zlatan is leading too). {player_verall_starting_appearances: 9, player_overall_sub_appearances: 0, shzv: true}

Amateur

In private chat it seems you can't make a comment about an upcoming or previous match, just general comments about a manager's style, ability or relegation/title chances and so on. This even happens when you're trying to make a comment responding to a pre-match comment another manager has made to you. And the "mind-games" section only covers relegation or title battles. For me, at least.

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Quote Originally Posted by Loversleaper View Post
    I am not sure if anyone else is/has been experiencing this, but on the transfer deadline day I made a signing that required a workpermit. The squad registration accured just before I managed to have the player in the squad although he accepted terms and workpermit was granted (transfer-window was closing later that day), so it looks like I can't use him until the transfer window opens in January & a new squad registration is possible. Wouldn't it be more correct if the final squad registration happened immediatly before the transfer window closes (like the page before in computer terms )? Having the V.D. Vaart deal in mind...
    Hope I didn't get you wrong but you don't have to wait for the registration screen to show up, you should be able to access it on the same panel where 'squad' and 'tactics' are.

Amateur

is anyone else conceding a lot from corners? around 80% of my goals conceded are corners.

Semi Pro

how on earth do we go about uploading Match Highlights ? uploading 1 goal to youtube is easy but an error always comes up when uploading match highlights to youtube. Always check your internet connection and try again later.

I've tried a few different things including having the firewall on and off, and closing all other web browsers & programs other than FM and still comes up with the error. I have seen 1 person only in the Youtube thread with Match Highlights uploaded, Anyone have any ideas ?

Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanista. View Post
    is anyone else conceding a lot from corners? around 80% of my goals conceded are corners.
    Yes, until I set my match prep on defensive corners to get their ability up.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    Yes, until I set my match prep on defensive corners to get their ability up.
    Aye, I found that really helped as well.

Think I'd spent too much of pre-season trying to work on team blend, which I'm not sure was even necessary anyway

My first impressions - loving it. I'd gotten a bit burnt out with doing so much for FM last year, and I really don't have any spare time this year. But FM11 is seducing me with its magic once more... Well played SI

Amateur

It's not easy to judge the game as the motivation to 'dive in' is minimal because you know in advance you can only play half a season. I can't seem to get hooked yet, but that is probably the reason.
    Apart from that my first impression is a good one. Especially the player interaction (allthough reactions are often strange and ill-tempered), agents and the match-view are nice improvements. There are some minor errors, as are suggested in this and the bug-topic, but I'm hopefull they won't make it to the retail version.

What did strike me though was the fact that in half a season of playing I never saw a striker who was through on goal try to dribble past the keeper. Every striker shoots hard from outside the area in those cases. Lobbing the keeper is also not something that's in the players dictionary it seems. These dont seem very realistic to me.

Furthermore I don't really like the fact that when playing in Spain, Chile of the UAE for example, the surroundings of the stadium are just as they are when playing in Britain. A typical british setting, not very common in chile I would think. I also didnt see anything of the promise of a large number of different stands and new roofing-types in the stadiums. I didnt see any major changes in comparison to FM10, apart from the colouring of the seats maybe. Is this because the demo is a stripped version of the real game?

I would still ike to see an option to ask for stadium-improvement next to just the stadium-expansion. Would be nice to get some uncovered stands covered or seated, not nescessarily increasing capacity. Low cost to achieve and still more revenue from more expensive tickets.

I also miss the position of my players at half time. They seem to get orderd by number in stead by position, which makes it harder to make substitutions (need to go to tactics first). I believe this wasnt the case in FM10.
    Last edited by ommerson; 25-10-2010 at 09:47.

Youth Team

I just want to say a massive thank you to SI.

Year on year you strive to bring us new features that enhance our playing experience. Sometimes these features take a little getting used to and take a little bit of trial and error. For years we have been crying out for a 3D view, something 4-5 years ago we never really thought possible, but this year the TV view makes the match day experience much better.

Whenever a new feature is added to any game its a little hit and miss, but without gaining the gamers reaction how can they be improved? I think that as a company, SI are far closer to the 'fans' than many, many other developers. They ask for advice, ask for your opinion and even give you a platform to discuss the game - so comments, good or bad, can be explained and reacted to by SI.

I have seen countless threads started to complain about an area of the game and in almost every single one a member of SI have replied to the original poster. Problems are discussed and I guess the majority are resolved. SI are very proud if what they do and they should be, they work hard to ensure we have the most realistic, and complete managerial experience possible. Sure, there are things that need to be addressed in the coming months, but SI are dedicated to updating those elements that need improvement. This year Agents have been introduced, and whilst I also think there is improvement to be made in this area, we are being exposed to more of the real-life activities that clubs are faced with.

I have been a big fan since the old days of Championship Manager Italia, and although the odd feature does take a little tweaking, I believe the game has improved year on year and is set to be the best ever this year round. Thanks to the game I have increased my knowledge of world football, I have gone on to take coaching badges after being inspired by playing - I have even had help changing my career, after working on The Bootroom fanzine I have managed to move into a graphic design job for a Marketing Agency. Next week I am off to watch Burton Albion play after managing last year on FM and I'm sure that I am not the only one who has been inspired to watch a lower league side after playing the game.

All in all, I am delighted with SI and the FM game - can't wait for Nov 5th!
    Last edited by Ginger; 25-10-2010 at 09:48.

Amateur

Its seems that there are to many bugs... Ill wait to buy the game a few weeks.

Championship Manager France was where it was at

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    Championship Manager France was where it was at
    You clearly mean CM Italia

I'll never forget my 60-goal a season striker, Marco Magoni. Never capped by Italy

Nope I do not.

Part-Timer

s

1. Still a problem when it comes to assigning roles to strikers. Say you want a target man and a complete forward well you can have that but it also means you can't have them switch position as they will also switch roles also. Si really need to look at this as in real life (and i assume they are trying to get a close as possible to that) strikers don't switch roles as soon as they find themselves playing on the right side of attack instead of the left. Personally i want my forwards switching sides, makes them harder to mark and i've noticed in past versions it gets me way more in way of goals but in the same breath chances are missed because of the whole role switching side of it where a speedy striker gets caught in possession because he's not much of a target man.

+1 for this, cannot believe it still hasn't been changed.

Amateur

I am a little stuck.

When I bid for a player and it gets accepted I make a good contract but it wont allow me submit the contract to the player

Part-Timer

When I bid for a player and it gets accepted I make a good contract but it wont allow me submit the contract to the player[/QUOTE]

Hi ponting

Did you check that the Board have not vetoed your offer to the player? Veoted offers are in red which means that the board think you are offering too much and so on!

Kazza

Youth Team

Yeah it is strange how player roles are not 'swap-able' along with players.

Youth Team

[QUOTE=ommerson;6020903]

Furthermore I don't really like the fact that when playing in Spain, Chile of the UAE for example, the surroundings of the stadium are just as they are when playing in Britain. A typical british setting, not very common in chile I would think. I also didnt see anything of the promise of a large number of different stands and new roofing-types in the stadiums. I didnt see any major changes in comparison to FM10, apart from the colouring of the seats maybe. Is this because the demo is a stripped version of the real game?

/[QUOTE]

Agree with this completely - the terraced houses etc are a real bug-bear of mine so far. Would like to know if SI can clarify if this is because of the game being a demo or whether the stadiums etc in the demo are the same in the full version of the game. If so, there's definately room for improvement. Otherwise, a very, very good game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    When I bid for a player and it gets accepted I make a good contract but it wont allow me submit the contract to the player
    Hi ponting

Did you check that the Board have not vetoed your offer to the player? Veoted offers are in red which means that the board think you are offering too much and so on!

Kazza[/QUOTE]

Hey Kezza.

Is that what it is. Just above the submit offer or what ever it is it does say something about the board yes

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nick OGS20 View Post
    That isn't what he's saying at all. He's saying that 'jumping' actually means the height a player can reach through the combination of their leap and their actual height. So you will see short people with a great leap getting similar ratings to very tall players without a great leap. Cahill has a terrific leap but because of his height, he's still not going to be able outjump some who's 6'4/6'5 with a good leap of their own.
    Sorry to disagree with you guys on this, but I agree that this explanation is not logically sound. If the attribute was named jump reach coefficient then I'm on your side, but it is not. It is called Jumping. As previous contributors have pointed out, there is no logical link between height and jumping ability.
    I entirely understand the use of this attribute, and exactly what SI are trying to do with it, and it makes perfect sense in terms of the final outcome. However, this does not hide the fact that "jumping" should be an attribute entirely detached from height.

Just a thought.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Macque View Post
    Sorry to disagree with you guys on this, but I agree that this explanation is not logically sound. If the attribute was named jump reach coefficient then I'm on your side, but it is not. It is called Jumping. As previous contributors have pointed out, there is no logical link between height and jumping ability.
    I entirely understand the use of this attribute, and exactly what SI are trying to do with it, and it makes perfect sense in terms of the final outcome. However, this does not hide the fact that "jumping" should be an attribute entirely detached from height.

Just a thought.
    Whatever you all think, this is how the 'jumping' attribute is judged and rated. Yes for transperancy they could have renamed it. But you know what, its their game they can call it what they like, as long as all researchers are singing off the same hymn sheet. Keep arguing, but what you are really asking for is attribute renaming.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kaka_Canary View Post
    I think I'm getting too old for this now. For me the game doesn't have the magic it used to. Too much going on in the game - all I want to do is buy a few players, pick a team and play a match. I don't want all the phaff with "conversations", intricate training and tactics, pointless repetitive interactions with the media etc etc.(
    Let your assistant manager handle the press, opposition instruction, motivation etc. etc. Download a working tactic from tactics forum and play with only commentary, i have never enjoyed FM2010 like this after turning the off 3D and increased the game tempo to max.

I really hope that SIGames continues to let us users to switch off all the new features...

Youth Team

Right finally got round to playing a bit of the demo, and am kind of glad I did as I am now not in a hurry to get the new version and can carry on a very enjoyable game on 10.

There are some good new features, I like the agent interaction, and the contract negotiations too. However the conversations part in not very good at all imo, very childlike and always leads to a player getting the hump, I don't think if I do eventually get 11 it is a feature I will use unless I have to.

I do like the new TV camera, definately adds to the 3D experience, but that is instantly negated by the appauling crowd, very cartoon like, just terrible.

Last year I thought about not getting 10 as I was enjoying 09, but as soon as the new editor was announced and the chance to play lower down the league came about that sealed the deal for me, this year I just feel I'd be spending £25 on a worse game, so think I will wait and read peoples comments in the forums before getting it, if I do at all.

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

Just an observation....I tried to sign a staff member (at BSN level), as he was also still a registered player he decided to change the offer to player only. That is silly, if he had wanted to be coach/player I could understand it but not a totally different singular role, and it wasnt clearly indicated as a change to contract on the negotiating screen (needed highlighting better!). It was pure luck that I didnt make the wromg offer.

Amateur

Hi guys...
    I want to expose two more things that makes me some brain distortion x'D

1st - Set Piece Editor - What have this new feature added to game ? I think that nothing... Why ? Maybe it's only a 1st sight of our piece definition. I thought that we would be able to set the players movents around the area until the corner / free kick leave the taker.

2nd - Interaction with players - Why do we have two non friendly possible anwsers, when the player refuses to start / forget a movement, instead of an 3rd option like "sorry for my interpelation".

Now i want to know a thing...
    Playing at ONLINE VERSION, what will be the differences in tactics engine ? Usually, a good tactic at OFFLINE VERSION it's crap at ONLINE VERSION... What is the cause of that ?

Part-Timer

I've found the reason for the missing categories in coach assignments. When in windowed mode, they aren't viewable.

Amateur

Agree with this as well, always bugged me. Would be particularly useful in set piece instructions as well, if you are swapping a smaller player for a bigger one most likely you want them doing completely different things at corners/free kicks.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by soundboyy View Post
    can anyone tell me a bit more about the "sell on fee profit percentage" clause in the contract negotiations...?

is it just as it sounds - the PLAYER will get the percentage of the sell on fee?

thats crazy if so, doe that go on in real life?

thanks
    Yes,it is very common particularly with south-american players.

Amateur

Anyone know how to ask your Ass. Man. to take control of friendlys?

Although much less widely reported, the Football League has also adopted a 25 man squad registration rule.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/lat...245681_2066602

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/colcheste...squad_1_622941

After the registration deadline you are able to register free transfer or loan signings, as long as you still have space in the squad list to do so.

Lurker

Change system purchasing of players by installments! It is impossible in the real world, having 5 million dollars, to purchase players on 25 million so doesn't happen! Change this system! Let owners of club as that supervise purchasing of players by installments. Now if there is money for minimum payment of it enough what to purchase expensive player! It not correctly and very much simplifies the game world!

P.S.
    And in general - thanks for Great GAME!
    Last edited by Klash; 25-10-2010 at 17:26.

Amateur

Got an error message when downloading the demo. It says, Error: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open. Help please.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dindle View Post
    In private chat it seems you can't make a comment about an upcoming or previous match, just general comments about a manager's style, ability or relegation/title chances and so on. This even happens when you're trying to make a comment responding to a pre-match comment another manager has made to you. And the "mind-games" section only covers relegation or title battles. For me, at least.
    Just like to second this.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Reeed View Post
    Anyone know how to ask your Ass. Man. to take control of friendlys?
    Click on your teams name on the tool bar and select 'Team settings'. At the bottom it allows you to select who takes control of friendly games

Amateur

First impressions.... Absolutely brilliant. Have bought the game every year since original release... yep I am 40!! What a real gem this release is, fantastic match engine. It makes me want to watch the whole match. Lower league game with high street and shops in the background!!!! The new animations are excellent. I scored 8 goals against a lesser side and all 8 were completely different. I'm used to clearing out my squad when I start a game... usually start as Spurs, so a bit more of a challenge in the selling players department, i've been offering 0 upfront and the rest over 48 months which seems to be getting better responses. On the whole EXCELLENT, just ordered on steam.

Amateur

Also the DOB/Age shown is wrong for ALL players, they all have the same. And it resets for another DOB/Age every time i reload the screen. The DOB/Age it resets to however always belongs to one of the featured players. In this case its the age of Tommaso Rocchi, who has most MOM awards with 5.

Amateur

someone that have steam has got an update to demo?

Amateur

yeah ive just got an update but not seen anything different yet

Youth Team

Default Player out injured for 6-7 months!!

"Not that shocking" you say...

But 6-7 months for a serious viral infection??

And that's only if i send him home, its worse if i send him to the specialist, at a cost of £500, and 7-8 months out...

Amateur

what does the demo update through steam concern?

Jumping is the ability to get to balls that are in the air - why are people intent on making it more complicated than it needs to be?

Amateur

When it comes to attributes, particularly physical ones like jumping and strength, people need to understand these are just instructions to be given to the match engine, not to be taken quite so literally. Height and weight stats seem to be just there for detail; they don't matter, so instead of Tim Cahill being given a height and jumping ability, to be weighed against each other in the ME, he's just given a "jumping" attribute, to measure how high he can get. I'd guess they don't call it "jumping reach" or whatever because it's more awkward sounding, and it really shouldn't be that hard to understand anyway.

Youth Team

Three questions I cant find answers to:
    • Where do you find the individual league reputations?
    • Where do you see the offside bars when a goal is disallowed?
    • What is the small pale blue coloured box for next to the mouse when you hover over certain items?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
    Three questions I cant find answers to:
    • Where do you find the individual league reputations?
    • You can only see a list of the reputations, and the star rating of the top 3, in each geographical area.
    • Where do you see the offside bars when a goal is disallowed?
    • It just happens.
    • What is the small pale blue coloured box for next to the mouse when you hover over certain items?
    • It means there is a tooltip, and i'm not sure if its supposed to do that or not actually.

Amateur

Feel like creating a "BEST FM EVER!!111!" thread because this game is awesome! Love how immerisive the 3D now makes the game feel and the stadium and it's occupants are not generic either. If you have a low gate then thats reflected in how many supporters you see. Took a bit of getting used it with the graphics for the crowd but the way they'r done with different emotions/stances makes it seem like they do move - whether they have their head in the hands after a miss or cheering a goal or maybe even jeering a player. *spooky!"
    Like the match preview and overview screen where it reviews the ref! Only briefly played the demo of FM10 and the same with FM09 so I'v had two versions of features thrust upon me but all I can say is that I'll be buying this because it's superb.
    Reminiscing in the other thread got me thinking back at the Amiga version and you know how you wished back in the day about having all these different features? Within FM11 they are there! No doubt FM12 will build upon it once again and I'm sure it will but FM11 is very good indeed.

Amateur

Way too many red cards.. referee's are too harsh.
    Start of november, 19 matches played
    41 yellow cards
    7 red cards. John O'Shea has 3.

Also players get unhappy way too easily. I got gibson, giggs and vidic hand in transfer requests because a lack of managerial discipline.. wtf? I fined o'shea and gave them warnings for there first red cards, how do i lack discipline. I also have harsh team talks. How do i make them happy again??

Amateur

Been playing the Demo for a couple of days and I like it. The match engine is much better than FM10.

A few issues:
    Too many long range shots (unrealistic)
    Too many red cards
    The player position display format is awful, there was nothing wrong with the traditional format (e.g AMR/L)
    Skin is too bright

It would be great if anyone could advise if these are being looked into?

Well done SI!

Amateur

Thumbs up Return to FM

I hated the demo for FM10 so much that I never bought the game. Have just tried FM11 demo on my 6yr old HP Celeron E powered desktop and was pleasantly surprised. It runs really well. Like some of the new features and quite excited about buying the full game. It should run well on my new MacBook Air which should arrive before 5 Nov; will of course have to use Steam. Can't wait.

Amateur

Downloaded the demo when it came out and had a good play of it over the weekend and I think it is better than FM2010.

I don't like the skin much as it's a bit flat looking BUT I do realise that it's only a demo and this will get changed when the game comes out as there will be other skins, like the dark one that is being released with the patch on the day of game release as well. I need to say (now that I actually managed to play a match yesterday) that I am very impressed with the 3D TV view. On FM2010 the 3D match view was pretty jerky for me, even on low settings, but with this one it actually looks a lot better and runs a lot smoother which was a pleasant surprise. Was just like watching a football match cos of the detail that have gone into the ME. I like the little arm movements now as well you see i.e. when the ball goes out for a throw you see some players raising their arms. Like the shops etc behind the stadium as well rather then there being a whole space of nothingness like there was on FM2010. I also like that you can see the condition of the players during the match as well in the bottom left and right corners.

I do like the new discussions that you have with players, the board and agents as well. The way it was in 2010 when you were bidding on a player you dealt with the player himself, offered him a contract and then he would get back to you within the next day or four. Now when you bid on a player, dealing with the agents and having a "real time" conversation about the contract is a lot better. You banter back and forth till an outcome as been reached and then he goes off to let his player think about the offer. I think it's a more realistic addition to the game. Some of the things that get said MAY become a little bit repetative BUT I think that that will only be a minor flaw as I'm sure that this can be built on more in patches or future editions of the game.

I like a lot of the layout of the different game screens as well, from the main home page for the inbox etc, to the layout of the player training screen. Oh, and speaking of the training screen I like how when you select the different training sections (strength, aerobic, ball control etc) it highlights the attributes that are associated with that particular area of training. For instance you click on Strength and it highlights the attributes that Strength concentrates on.

Nothing has happened that is unrealistic even though I have only just started it.

Some of the things in the game that have changed are not major changes but just little touches here and there which I like.

In general I like the look and feel of the game and I personally think the changes that have been made have made the game better.

Well done SI.

Amateur

This is weird my lone striker at the front is set as a Poacher, yet he frequently drifts to the wings even if the ball is on the defensive field. Also there are many occasions that we are on a attacking run and he is moving BACK, instead of sitting in front of the goal near the last defender. Very often the player whos dribbling (whos just a playmaker or defensive mid) goes past him and just keeps going because the striker is also my target man.

Amateur

So far loving the demo, not a fan of the skin though, I prefer a darker option (which I believe is coming in the relese day patch). I love the agents and their various personalities makes negotiations seem a little more personal and intense. The 3d match engine looks great compared to last season too.

I can tell already that this is going to be the best FM yet continuing the tradition of improvement by SI.

Everyone who has been involed in producing this fine game should be very proud and derserve every reward thats coming to them.

Amateur

So far I haven't played the demo much, as I can never get right into it while waiting for the full game. I just like to have a look at some of the new features then I will barely touch it.
    The game seems fine so far, I like the stadiums, crowds and surrounding areas, gives a better feel to match day.

My only gripe is the skin, brightness and overall plainness to it, it feels like you're at work in an office and not at home playing a game.
    We have been complaining about this bright skin since it was first brought into the game but SI keep persisting with it. Then the so called dark skin that they will release, like before, will be virtually the same but slightly less bright. Give some more options, like different colours, just adding a blue or green style option would do me.
    It's like selling a car that only comes in white, then after hearing complaints giving the option of beige, yeah it's not as bright but it's still crap.

So thumbs up for the game but the skin is horrible, and has been for years. I'm sure the majority don't like it, so it's odd that it keeps coming back.

The whole game is very good however it takes alot getting used to. I mean the layout is just so confusing, it changes drastically every version and that makes it harder learning the new features (agents, and the other little things)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast