Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 1765

Thread: OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

Semi Pro

wish there was an option to just upload all match goals in like a package ...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by wally13 View Post
    Yes this happens in real life example alan smith gave his fee to leeds when he moved to man utd
    cheers for that

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dr p wigwam View Post
    ok, on the subject of player conversations [which i dont think are too bad btw] i have a bit of a problem

Kuyt has an issue, in that he is worried by the lack of discipline, and i get a news item telling me so, so we have a chat.

i tell him we should both get on with our jobs, he says he's over reacted. job done. or so i think...

3 days later he's still concerned, so i have another chat, and repeat all the same options. he says he's over reacted. job done. or so i think...

next day he's no longer concerned by the lack of discipline, and he feels we have a good relationship, however now he is considering his options
    ...and after that you're still believing that players interactions are not that bad?

Amateur

Looking good so far, just wish my graphics wouldn't stutter considering it rates me 3 out of 5 stars.

Part-Timer

the only problem am having is with barcelona on match commentry am finding it to hard to read text at bottom of the screen the blue background color is to dark i hope this can be fixed with the patch

roll on 5th november

Part-Timer

one of my gaphics cards exploded so not been online for few days Grrrr .. You lot beat me to the demo but im getting it now

Amateur

not played much of the demo yet but so far im really liking the improvement on the contract negotiations when buying a player , im not sure yet about the media conferences was this not something that was meant to be improved if it has , the only thing i can see is a lot more questions that are pointless ?

also team talks i did not see many different options to the previous fm10?

still a step foward

Amateur

I have a Macbook Pro and the graphics card GeForce 8600M GT, anyone else having jerky 3D graphics?

Quote Originally Posted by stokecityfc View Post
    I have a Macbook Pro and the graphics card GeForce 8600M GT, anyone else having jerky 3D graphics?
    What graphics detail level are you running?

Amateur

On the match Low. Should they be working fine?

How much VRAM does the card have? You can find this out in the 'Graphics' section of your 'System Profiler' (About this Mac > More info)

why there is no overview=>position screen in the squad screen? i can't work like this.

Part-Timer

One thing I can say is it looks good, it runs better on my laptop than 10 and the game is FB, I have to say the conversations with players is a brilliant addition the only thing is it would be good if we could talk to ass man and coaches in a similar manner,

I have already been shot to piecs by the arsenal board for asking for extra funds to purchase steklenburg!!

Amateur

VRAM 128mb.

Youth Team
    Motherwell FC Researcher (living in Livingston)

Love it. Honestly love it. THe only down side I have is the joint messages. I would love it if the League/National news was a different colour to club news (although I love the fact it's joint, I use to forget to check other news in FM10)

Youth Team

Anybody else noticing how easy it is for players to beat other players? Harewood looked like Marradona in one match.

Amateur

Dark skin please

VRAM 128mb.
    128mb of VRAM is just about minimum spec so i'd expect a bit of jerkiness. How bad is it in 'Low' detail level? It may be worth you removing your cache files to see if that improves performance, also i've found that toggling between windowed and full-screen mode can improve things

Semi Pro

Enjoying things so far. Not really liking the agents and player conversations at the moment, the screen just seems wrong for some reason maybe I have to get used to them. Is the free agent sell on fee me giving the player/agent 10% of the fee? If it is don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out son .

Biggest issue I have had so far is the demo crashing a lot. It's always when I try to ALT+TAB out to look at the forum. I not 100% sure yet but I think it's always if I ALT+TAB out during the match being setup. Worrying as I ALT+TAB all the time, and I can't remember the last time a FM game or demo crashed most be 06 or 07.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Farley View Post
    128mb of VRAM is just about minimum spec so i'd expect a bit of jerkiness. How bad is it in 'Low' detail level? It may be worth you removing your cache files to see if that improves performance, also i've found that toggling between windowed and full-screen mode can improve things
    Delete all my caches? The jerkiness is pretty bad to be honest. Looks like I will have to play classic 2D. Shame really.

Just remove the 'Sports Interactive' folder from User > Library > Caches (While the game is closed obviously) and empty your trash. It may improve things.

Banned

When playing overseas from England why do the shopfronts behind the stadium have English names and the houses look like English terraced housing?

There are also I think not enough options when talking to players; they always seem to get crazily upset and i'm never able to say what I want.
    Last edited by Jason24; 23-10-2010 at 12:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason24 View Post
    When playing overseas from England why do the shopfronts behind the stadium have English names and the houses look like English terraced housing?
    Yeah that's an issue we're aware of, thanks for bringing it up.

Amateur

Would it be possible to bring out FM on the PS3?

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Bug: You can change the freekick/corner settings of an AI team when you view a team and then go to tactics. I'm not sure how to reproduce it. Try setting your own freekick settings on your tactic screen, proceed for one day and view an AI teams' tactic screen.

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

Theres no Melbourne Heart?

Couldn't find the FM11 demo bugs thread is there was one..

Part-Timer

I'm really enjoying the demo so far. I agree with others about player conversations getting repetitive, but this is the first year they've been in and there wasn't much chance of pleasing everyone with it on their first attempt. I'm having a few terrible goalkeeping blunders in 3D match, for my keeper and my opposition keepers. Premier League keepers making ridiculous mistakes, and such. That's my only real problem so far though.

Amateur

First impressions?

Well it's a love hate thing:

I start up the demo and see the new SI logo rolling across the screen (Whoever made that is a genius) now i'm 20 i live with my girlfriend i decided to set up my computer on my 50" screen and as soon as that logo came up my instant reaction was to say 'oooooo i love you'.....My girlfriend thought i was talking to her....SI i'm in the dog house now =/

Couple of problems with my team (Cardiff) posted in the bugs thread, thankfully no plain white 3rd kit this year (Really annoyed me last year) and i look forward to release, cheer guys

Third Team

How do you change to the right hand side corners on the set-piece creator?

Part-Timer

Would it be possible to bring out FM on the PS3?
    I'm hoping for a Sega Megadrive release of FM11, or maybe a Game Gear version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Do you have stadiums ticked in the preferences? It should be in the 'display and sound' section - depending on your graphics card it may have auto-set to a low setting and turned stadiums off. Let me know, thanks.
    Stadiums wasn't ticked in preferences. I changed it, and it seems to be fixed! Thanks for your help Neil, I reckon it must just be the fact that my graphics card isn't the best.

Part-Timer

How come I can't find Attacking and Defensive training in the training assignments for my coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by fcunitedfan View Post
    How come I can't find Attacking and Defensive training in the training assignments for my coaches?
    Whereabouts exactly are you looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonaitor View Post
    Theres no Melbourne Heart?

Couldn't find the FM11 demo bugs thread is there was one..
    All bugs for now in the FM11 Bugs Forum - this will be for the Aussie League Specific Issues which is...actually it looks like you've already found it. But as I've written this much I'll end it with a pearl of wisdom. Umm...look both ways when crossing the road! We're here to help in all walks of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Katarian View Post
    Enjoying things so far. Not really liking the agents and player conversations at the moment, the screen just seems wrong for some reason maybe I have to get used to them. Is the free agent sell on fee me giving the player/agent 10% of the fee? If it is don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out son .

Biggest issue I have had so far is the demo crashing a lot. It's always when I try to ALT+TAB out to look at the forum. I not 100% sure yet but I think it's always if I ALT+TAB out during the match being setup. Worrying as I ALT+TAB all the time, and I can't remember the last time a FM game or demo crashed most be 06 or 07.
    What operating system are you running? Are you running full screen in-game?

Amateur

What operating system are you running? Are you running full screen in-game?
    Ive had it crash on me with the "fm bla bla bla has stopped working" message.

I was alt tabbing out to my browser, while playing a match, when the message suddenly popped up.

Im running Windows 7 64 bit, and the game is run in full screen.

Part-Timer

Whereabouts exactly are you looking?
    The place where you assign training schedules to coaches. I see Strength, Aerobic, the two GK ones, Tactics, and Ball Control. No sign of Defensive and Attacking.

Default The message box bothers me

I dunnoe about you guys but the message box that is on the right side of the overview page is seriously no need to put it there.

Semi Pro

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. Fullscreen, and I have just seen it happen when tabbing out during the match, and it sems to only be when preparing for or during a match. I'm using an ATI HD4870, I'll try updating the drivers and see what happens.

Amateur

When I go onto preferences and try to change the resolution to windowed it is greyed out, is this because it is the demo or do I need to do something?

Part-Timer

I've got it Windowed and it's running fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 50tna05 View Post
    When I go onto preferences and try to change the resolution to windowed it is greyed out, is this because it is the demo or do I need to do something?
    It depends what screen size you have and what your monitors maximum resolution is.

Quote Originally Posted by fcunitedfan View Post
    The place where you assign training schedules to coaches. I see Strength, Aerobic, the two GK ones, Tactics, and Ball Control. No sign of Defensive and Attacking.
    That's really odd, it should certainly be there - do you have a screenshot per chance?

Amateur

i'm playing with portugal, international cup names are wrong, should be "liga dos camepões" and "liga europa".

and i just got a crash, when i went to the best moments screen, where you can see the goals and then upload, it was uploading around 95% it got stuck and then the game crashed.

Part-Timer

That's really odd, it should certainly be there - do you have a screenshot per chance?
    Sure. As you can see, there's players on the defensive and attacking training, but I can't assign a coach to either because they aren't available on the bottom right.

Amateur

I've just had this screen it's a benq aren't sure of the model or anything technical but I'd say it's around 10-12 inch.

Amateur

The 1st Portuguese League is called "Liga ZON Sagres", and the 2nd league is "Liga Orangina"

and we have what cachirro says

Mi training schedules are ok

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

All bugs for now in the FM11 Bugs Forum - this will be for the Aussie League Specific Issues which is...actually it looks like you've already found it. But as I've written this much I'll end it with a pearl of wisdom. Umm...look both ways when crossing the road! We're here to help in all walks of life!

Should of really done that first...

Semi Pro
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

Where has the set to last negitiation button on the transfer negotiation screen gone??

Youth Team
    The 5th Level of Hell - Where the Wrathful and Gloomy are sent

ok, this is clearly not a bug, but a feature, but when it happened it felt like a bug, cos i got no information about what was happening.

i was in the 80th minute winning 3-1 against West Ham, and decided to use my 3rd sub to take off Kuyt cos he was on a yellow.

Lo and behold, the next clip after I confirm it, Konchesky gets a straight red for hacking someone down.

It switches to the tactics screen and on the pitch view i have only 9 players. Konchesky is missing from DL and Kuyt is missing from AMR. Over on the list, Kuyt is faded out, like he's been taken off, but Cole [who was coming on for him originally] is also faded out.

Confused, I place Gerrard at DL and continue. Next clip I see Kuyt has the ball. I look at tactics and its the same, with Gerrard at DL and 9 players on the pitch. No Kuyt, who is still faded out on the left. I decide to try switching Kuyt with Skrtel, on the list, and it works. Now Skrtel is on the pitch at AMR, and I have 10 men again!!

Bottom line, it had semi-cancelled my substitution due to the red card. I still had to take off Kuyt, but I was able to change the player I was bringing on.

Is this a well known feature and I've just been living in a cave??

*edit*

forgot to mention, also the 'pause' button in the top right was completely black after Konchesky was sent off, and didn't do anything
    Last edited by dr p wigwam; 23-10-2010 at 14:28.

Youth Team

AND..

after 12 league games, Chelsea have 36 points and have only conceded 5 goals!!! very annoying...

Third Team

Is anyone else finding that they only concede goals two ways? Long range strike or headed goals from crosses from the wings?
    Last edited by Deisler26; 23-10-2010 at 14:09.

Amateur

i tried to upload again a video to youtube, now the game didn't crashed, but it stayed for a while in 100% processing, and finally gave me a message of error that he can't upload to check my connection.

do i need to open any ports?

ps: i've found several errors in semantics and double words, wrong gender, etc.. should i report here? or other thread? or wait for the official release?
    Last edited by cachirro; 23-10-2010 at 14:11.

Subs Bench

Only just downloaded the game, and I'm loving the introduction of agents, even though they can be a little annoying at times.

Dealing with contract negotiations seems a bit more complex, but that is a move towards greater realism, which is what I want from the game.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Is anyone else finding that they only concede goals two ways? Long range strike or headed goals from crosses from the wings?
    nope.

against arsenal i conceded a long range strike, a far post tap in and a near post tap in

west ham's goal was a far post header

southampton's goals were a counter one-on-one-with-reina and a cross to the penalty spot, side footed in

city scored a near post tap in from a free kick

that's all i can think of

Amateur

Demo has lots of positives but a few annoying things that need to be fixed:

1- when a player is not interested in joining your club, we should at least be able to offer them a contract to be able to convince them with big cash.( right now the agent tells you he is not interested and thats is.)

2-The buttons on the tactics screen needs to be like FM10 which was much easier to go around.( in FM10, formation,player instructions, team instructions was already on the screen but now you have to click formation and then look for these.)

3- i have now played 5-6 games and i have had no injured players what-so-ever.

4- signing players are very easy. coentrao 2.7M, lukaka 6M, Fellaini 11M, poli 8,5M these players are much more expensive in real life.

5-Agents asking for low minimum fee release clauses and are not changing that demand r.( 11M accepted for fellaini, agent asks for 11.75M minimum clause and wont even accept 13M minimum clause.)
    Last edited by Romanista.; 23-10-2010 at 14:40.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Romanista. View Post

4- signing players are very easy. coentrao 2.7M, lukaka 6M, Fellaini 11M, poli 8,5M these players are much more expensive in real life.
    I dont quite agree, its nice theres more difference between the real top players, and less proved players.. I thought the latter often had very steep prices in fm10, whereas they seem more managble and realistic in fm 11. Top players still req. 25+ mil tho.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rhazmuz View Post
    I dont quite agree, its nice theres more difference between the real top players, and less proved players.. I thought the latter often had very steep prices in fm10, whereas they seem more managble and realistic in fm 11. Top players still req. 25+ mil tho.
    in real life, coentrao would cost more than 15M, same case with the others. everton bought fellaini for around 20M, why would they sell for just 11M?? takes away the realism.

Amateur

Player/Team instrucuction bars are only 18 ticks now? Can something be done to show where is the half of the bar, it would be very useful.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Romanista. View Post
    in real life, coentrao would cost more than 15M, same case with the others. everton bought fellaini for around 20M, why would they sell for just 11M?? takes away the realism.
    I agree someone like coentrao would cost 2 to 3 times what he costs in the demo. However with someone like Fellaini maybe that was just a result of the market back then, plus him being tuted as the next big thing.. Its soem seasons away, and now maybe hes true valkue is more evident.

Its a hard line trying to find the right prices, but will have to see how it reacts in the full game.

Amateur

anyone noticed that when you enter the tactics screen the team formation screen disapears when you click on a option on the left side panel , you then have to click the formation tab again to display it???

Amateur
    Two birds in the bush are worth far more than one in the hand.

Might be worth checking out the link below and maybe doing a little more research. There are a large number of Macbook Pros suffering from an inherent defect in the Nvidia processor.

http://theappleblog.com/2009/06/01/a...o-three-years/

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by gunnermitch View Post
    anyone noticed that when you enter the tactics screen the team formation screen disapears when you click on a option on the left side panel , you then have to click the formation tab again to display it???
    Yeah this is really really annoying

Amateur

ok then as im not the only person whos noticed this then i assume its a bug?

Part-timer

I've not played that much so far, but my initial impressions are as follows:

The Good

- The match engine is even better then FM10's. And feels more like watching a real football match then ever. There are still some weaknesses, like players going in two footed on another player when the ball is high in the air and players do still seem a bit too willing to shoot from distance when there are better options but all in all, it's a definite improvement on last years ME. The new animations and improved outside stadiums graphics also help add to the feel.

- I like the idea of the new Match Preperation feature and am pleased we can get our team to practice three different formations.

- The criteria for squad registration is explaind much better then in previous versions.

- Real time negotiations are much better and more realistic then the old method of offering a contract and waiting to see what would happen next.

- Two seperate training areas for goalies makes it easier to target the attributes that you feel are in need of improving.

- Having both news section combined again is better.

- I like the fact that the side of of field the central players play in is shown, eg, D CR, D CL.

The Bad

- The widgets in TV view need to be more transparent or at least re-sizeable. They take up a large section of the screen and block a lot of what's going on.

- When trying to assign training schedules in the Schedules section of Training, it becomes frustrating that the list of players scrolls back to the top after assigning a schedule.

- Player/Board conversations are too basic and feel broken. When requesting a feeder club, the board blocked my request for a financial link. I went straight back in, used the same options and the request was accepted. They shouldn't change their mind within five seconds like that.

- The bottom of the screen in the news section is wasted by having the inbox on the left and the article top middle. It did look better before.

- In the match analysis screen, the player discs are too small making it hard to tell which player is which when looking at the entire team.

- The home page has far too little info present. We should be able to get rid of the inbox if we choose and adjust the size of boxes so we can fit more/less if we wish. I don't even see the need for the inbox on this screen.

- I don't see the need for the change in the way the line-up is displayed in the squad screen, IE, D R, D CR, D CL, DL. And there is inconsistency in how this is displayed as it still appears in the old method of DR, DL, D CR, D CL in the Oppositional Instructions screen. This is a moot point though and of no real importance.

The Ugly

- The new skin is horrible. Hopefully the skin released with the patch will be better.

All in all, I'm really enjoying the demo so far and feel this is going to become my favourite FM yet, but there are some niggling issues that can't be ignored.

Amateur

First impressions:

Its crashed both times I've played the demo, one was a "parsing error" and I've also had the screen freeze and get stretched/distorted so the picture looked like the graphics on a NES emulator.

The inbox screen layout has changed for the worse - the Next Unread button which was small and poorly placed in FM10 is now an even smaller arrow that is on the opposite side of the screen to the Continue button or the Tabs that appear when there is news to action (e.g. Accept/Reject Offer etc). These Tabs and the Continue are in opposite corners on the same side of the screen. You can't easily just click up on each news item as for longer news items you can easily miss the blank space and end up clicking a hotlink to a player or team profile. So you're constantly moving the mouse back and forwards up and down just to read your news. Better would be to have the Next Unread at the bottom of the screen in the middle, so its close to the Action Tabs but you couldn't press it by mistake. (Having moaned about this there's probably hot keys, but still I like my left hand free to do other things).

The depth of conversation (as has already been mentioned by others) isn't very challenging or necessarily constructive. I've got a feeling that again it will be better just to leave a player with a problem until they get over it naturally rather than try and resolve it and make it worse.

However the speed with which all interactions now take place is a great improvement. Not really a game changing innovation but definitely more realistic and less frustrating. On a similar note, how about also changing the Delay Transfer option - currently you don't have enough cash so it can delay for 7 days, if you have the cash within 1 day you still have to wait the other 6 days - can't this be changed so that when the cash is available sooner you can confirm earrlier via the Transfer Centre or Player Profile screens?

I haven't see enough of the press conference/media improvements but so far the same problems exist - for example, playing as Forest, asked about Cardiff's promotion chances, answering with "I have nothing to say about Cardiff, I just want to concentrate on my own team" the next question was about my thoughts on Leicester's promotion chances. Possibly too early to judge but I've not really seen any new questions (but then I can't get past the first three games of the season because it crashes.)

Match Speed has been slowed down - maybe its me but I'm playing on the fastest setting and it seems only slightly above pedestrian pace.

Too many yellow and red cards. I've had two red cards in two pre season games against poorer quality opposition - both defenders with tackling set to medium.

Haven't played with the new training yet, one for tomorrow.

In summary, without meaning to sound overly critical, so far I haven't seen any reason to part with £25, especially if the full version is as unstable as the demo. Hopefully the new features will reveal their depth as the season progresses but so far it doesn't feel like as big a step forward as FM10 was from 09, more like an update.

Youth Team

i'll add another 'so its not just me' to this.

has anyone put it in the bugs forum then?? i just assumed i was being ********

*edit* what a ridiculous world i live in, where that world is censored...

Semi Pro

Stadiums are great, the starting credits look great, some nice new lay outs, however i dont like white and never will. im more of a dark skin fan great stadiums and graphics... oh and James Milner is not 5 9 he's more 6 ft easy. he's as tall as gerrard. to me he's the new gerrard

Youth Team

i love posts like that.

"he's not x, he's maybe y. i have no proof at all, i'm just guessing"

brilliant

Amateur

Okay, I really hate the fact that I'm coming in with some negatives as well, despite the fact that I'm loving the game and the new ME... but, here it goes:

--I'm playing as Man City, Santa Cruz is upset because he's not getting any first team football.. There was no option for me to tell him that I'm actually thinking about giving him a chance to prove himself real soon? o_O (Even after I made him available for the first team)

--Bullet like low/average height crosses.. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the fact that they are more common on FM11 than FM10, but my players pull it off VERY often! I didn't score a single header in 7 games, even though I used the likes of Adebayor, Lescott and Santa Cruz

--Manager Interaction, another option that I think has REALLY improved with all the options of statements the player is now given. However, one thing that will keep me from using it is: commenting on a manager's signing, wouldn't it be helpful if the player we wanted to comment on would appear on the right column? I found myself having to browse all the way to the Middlesbrough squad to find out what was the 'appropriate' comment to make. Moreover, the 'Back' button doesn't seem to lead back to the conversation window, which makes this option more annoying than it is enjoyable..

@Romanista: You're complaining because your players are NOT getting injured? :P Consider yourself lucky, I have 6 players that are injured (4 on long-term injuries)!

EDIT: Oh, and my manager picture disappeared, for some strange reason... o_O

Amateur

In my Milan save I tried to mutauly terminate the staffs contracts which it said id be allowed to do, and no one agreed. also it referred to them as players when saying they refused

Amateur

hmm, so i'm not the only one not liking the new skin.

Semi Pro
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne\'o View Post
    oh and James Milner is not 5 9 he's more 6 ft easy. he's as tall as gerrard. to me he's the new gerrard
    According to Wiki he is 5, 9.

Full name James Philip Milner
    Date of birth 4 January 1986 (age 24)
    Place of birth Wortley, Leeds[1], England
    Height 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
    Playing position Midfielder

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rhazmuz View Post
    I agree someone like coentrao would cost 2 to 3 times what he costs in the demo. However with someone like Fellaini maybe that was just a result of the market back then, plus him being tuted as the next big thing.. Its soem seasons away, and now maybe hes true valkue is more evident.

Its a hard line trying to find the right prices, but will have to see how it reacts in the full game.
    if he was in the last year of his contract fine, but he has a contract till 2013 and everton would never sell him for anything less than what they bought for.

@Romanista: You're complaining because your players are NOT getting injured? :P Consider yourself lucky, I have 6 players that are injured (4 on long-term injuries)!
    yeah one of my players just got injured for six weeks, i just found it weird since in 10 i always had at least 2-3 injuries. and Cameron Jerome just did a maradona dribbling two defenders and the goalie. i literally LOLed for a few minutes.

Amateur

Coming back to FM after giving 09 and 10 a miss.

My first impressions are generally positive.

I don't like the new look much and find it a little hard to navigate but I'm sure I could get used to it or change skin.

Really happy with the new training features. Team training is long overdue.

Happy to see it running at an acceptable speed on my ageing PC.

The matches look great and I haven't seen anything to worry about In my first three fixtures.

What stopped me buying the last two was the long term game deteriorating because of poor newgen generation. So I'm eagerly looking forward to this version which lists a newgen revamp as a main feature. It's a shame we cant test that in the demo.

There are now many options when talking to players, staff and the media which is good. But I worry that over the course of a career things could start to get repetitive.

Technical issues: I have no sound
    Parts of the stadium and the goal posts are flashing. disappearing and then reappearing.

Banned
    when the mods message me it makes me want to put my fist through a wall

well i have gone back to 2010 till the release date the demo is cracking me up i love all the new features, but you realise how naked the game feels with out all your custom graphics i have put all my logos and kits on but i really need some good skins,

just who at sports interactive thought the bright white skin was ok needs locking in a broom cupboard in the SI building,

i would also like to say what a good job you guys have done with the kits on the 3d match engine you can really see them clearly, in 2010 you could not see the kits that good

Banned

how do you make ur chairman to sign a player for u ?

Amateur

Sorry! I just put a post up and now I've realised it was in the wrong place, it should have been in this thread so here goes again.......

Well I've never been a massive fan of FM to be honest and so far I've not seen very much in the demo to convince me that FM2011 has improved very much on 2010. OK, I know it's only a demo yet but so far all I see is the same old messy user interface, still full of pointless rubbish that has nothing to do with my team, it still takes you hours to find your way to where you want to go, there are still way too many pointless mouse clicks to find stuff you want to find and basically I'd say the UI is still over complicated, why didn't they just make a simple version with just the basic stuff on it that you need to run your team? A bit like the CM one would have been much better and easier on the eye.... I still hate this part of the game!
    Once you've bumbled around the UI enough to get to start playing a match FM still hasn't improved as much as the appearance of it would suggest. First of all, the football is far too small and from some parts of the pitch it looks like they're kicking a tennis ball around. There are still far too many fouls, yellow cards and still a stupid amount of throw in's. Another thing is that, no matter what instructions you give out it still doesn't appear to have any effect on the style of how the match plays out, i.e..... No matter what I tell my centre midfielder to do he still carries on doing exactly what he was doing from the start.
    Apart from looking graphically much better and the match engine runs much nicer too.... I'm sorry but I'm still not over impressed with this game, maybe the full version will be better but with only a few days to go to the release, I can't see there being much difference.

Jon T.

Amateur

can anyone help me put this to work?

in game preparation, you can select to focus on a certain area, but the item i choose doesn't sticks, i select one, i move to another window, when i get to that screen again, my selection isn't there, shouldn't it be an OK button to lock my selection?

thanks

Semi Pro
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us

Quote Originally Posted by cachirro View Post
    can anyone help me put this to work?

in game preparation, you can select to focus on a certain area, but the item i choose doesn't sticks, i select one, i move to another window, when i get to that screen again, my selection isn't there, shouldn't it be an OK button to lock my selection?

thanks
    In your team settings, untick assistant manager cotrols pre-match preperations and your selections should stay.

Amateur

will look into that thanks.

is it possible to remove the crowds/stands? i find the 3D a bit laggy, and i own a gtx260.

You can switch off crowds and stadiums etc in your preference screen

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Katarian View Post
    I'm running Windows 7 64bit. Fullscreen, and I have just seen it happen when tabbing out during the match, and it sems to only be when preparing for or during a match. I'm using an ATI HD4870, I'll try updating the drivers and see what happens.
    Same problem here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...topped-working

A few people have mentioned it now, any feedback on how to solve this yet?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dr p wigwam View Post
    ok, on the subject of player conversations [which i dont think are too bad btw] i have a bit of a problem

Kuyt has an issue, in that he is worried by the lack of discipline, and i get a news item telling me so, so we have a chat.

i tell him we should both get on with our jobs, he says he's over reacted. job done. or so i think...

3 days later he's still concerned, so i have another chat, and repeat all the same options. he says he's over reacted. job done. or so i think...

next day he's no longer concerned by the lack of discipline, and he feels we have a good relationship, however now he is considering his options
    I had a similar issue with one of my players as a follow on to the intra-club friendly/reserve issue that we both mentioned earlier.

Conversation went as follows:

KK: I'm not happy at being dropped to the reserves and the media have been made aware of my feelings.

Me: If you don't drop this issue I'll have no choice but to put you on the transfer list.

KK: I don't want to leave the club and I'll drop the issue.

He immediately leaves the conversation and asks to be transfer listed! Maybe SI have intended for that to happen but given that my relationship with the player wasn't great, there would be no real reason for him to lie to me about not wanting to leave.

Amateur

I downloaded the short demo and i do not have sound. I tried to turn it on from preferences but i still dont have ... Is this normal?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by twig View Post
    First impressions:

The depth of conversation (as has already been mentioned by others) isn't very challenging or necessarily constructive. I've got a feeling that again it will be better just to leave a player with a problem until they get over it naturally rather than try and resolve it and make it worse.

However the speed with which all interactions now take place is a great improvement. Not really a game changing innovation but definitely more realistic and less frustrating.
    I'd agree that there are positives and negatives to the conversations. As you say, a lot of the manager options are at best confrontational and at worst damaging. There aren't enough options which basically say "This is why I did x, y, z", instead your option is "I am the manager and what I say goes" or "You're showing me a complete lack of respect".

Having said that, I did have a couple of players who's happiness improved after I said "I'm sorry it won't happen again", but again that's not really what I wanted to say, it was just the best option. There needs to be more understanding and less confrontatino or submission.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by aliatam View Post
    I downloaded the short demo and i do not have sound. I tried to turn it on from preferences but i still dont have ... Is this normal?
    IIRC, yes. The sound files aren't downloaded.

Both demos are of equal length btw.

Semi Pro

Aye, this is annoying when making subs etc.

Amateur

Other than man utd 3rd kit being wrong the game is pretty decent.

Part-Timer

Everything seems pretty decent so far, with the exception of player conversations.

How is it possible to get through this random mini-game without the player ending up hating you .

Amateur

Thats twice now in the same Milan game Ive left the Mac for five minutes and came back and no button will work. Nothing will change the screen Im on, despite the loading ball appearing when Ive clicked continue. is anyone else getting this?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Farley View Post
    You can switch off crowds and stadiums etc in your preference screen
    any help about youtube upload fails?

Amateur

my game keeps crashing on Oct 1st, after I set a new record for wins in a row...I think I saw someone else had mentioned crashes caused by new records though, so I'm not going to report it in the bugs forum

Youth Team

Yeah that's an issue we're aware of, thanks for bringing it up.
    Is this something which is being considered for the patch? Really hope so.. a real gripe of mine so far.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Taboo View Post
    Other than man utd 3rd kit being wrong the game is pretty decent.
    Wrong mate!.. i've already found other kits that aren't correct...i.e. Crewe Alexandra away is not all White, it has orange shorts, there are others too but i didn't make a note of them with it only being a demo.

Amateur
    Lost... And also naked.. Do you know where i live?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_no_7 View Post
    All in all i like the demo and i'm sure the game will be another i spend upto 3 months of my life in the next year or so playing. There are a few things that have caught my eye that i feel are wrong/should be added....

1. Ability to input the amount of international caps you have when first creating your manager profile (should you select experience level as international footballer).
    2. Ability to add multiple favorite clubs when creating a new manager profile.
    3. (Taken from a post #1142) Ability to add playing history (including clubs, apperances, honors, etc) when creating a new manager.
    5. (Taken from a post #1142) Option to play as a real manager.
    3. I caught a glance at my brothers game, checked Leeds out and found Peter Risdale on the bloody icon list.... Are you being serious?! Also no Jack Charlton?!
    4. Choice of different colour boots in the editor (can't be that hard to implement and would add a bit of colour to the game and realism as it's not the 60's anymore lol).
    5. Players in the 3D match viewer don't have numbers on the back of their shirts (that i can see anyway and i'm using the TV camera angle, though this could be a detail issue).
    6. Should be able to have talks with players who are unhappy with you again after a set amount of time. Clear the air talks if you will. (Bare in mind this may be possible as i'm only 7 games into the demo so maybe i'll see in in the future)
    7. Full game should be out today rather than in two weeks time :P
    8. Ability to add future stadium expansions (not new stadiums) via the editor (may already be possible but we'll have to wait and see).

Thats roughly all i can think of right now. I know, small things but small details can make a big difference. But again, game looks good and can't wait for the full version!
    Thought of a another one.

1. Still a problem when it comes to assigning roles to strikers. Say you want a target man and a complete forward well you can have that but it also means you can't have them switch position as they will also switch roles also. Si really need to look at this as in real life (and i assume they are trying to get a close as possible to that) strikers don't switch roles as soon as they find themselves playing on the right side of attack instead of the left. Personally i want my forwards switching sides, makes them harder to mark and i've noticed in past versions it gets me way more in way of goals but in the same breath chances are missed because of the whole role switching side of it where a speedy striker gets caught in possession because he's not much of a target man.

Amateur

Personally, I agree with those who've said that the new features are by-and-large aces. Press conferences feel much nicer than they ever have, I love the match preparation (as a concept,) the heat-maps and average positions in the post-match analysis are incredibly useful. Also, the agents and corresponding contract negotiations are just great. In previous versions, I never really negotiated contracts because it was such a pain. I usually just accepted their offer or didn't. Wasn't really worth it to try to lower things here and there, then have to wait a few days to get a new negotiation or a flat no. I have a feeling I'll spend a lot more time on these negotiations in this version, which is terrific. Small additions like the offside-line on replays, the staff bios, and the naming of the derbies add that much more to the experience. I sympathize with those that think the player chats are likely to become a little bit redundant, but I'm sure that will improve in future versions. I don't sympathize at all with those who are complaining about how individual players are rated, since you can change that with the editor on release day.

One thing I like in theory but think could be improved in practice is the 'talk to press' options. Is it really that Jose Mourinho calls up Marca and says 'send over a reporter, I'd like to talk about Unai Emery' or is it more likely that a reporter from Marca calls up Mourinho and says, 'say, what do you think of Emery?' I'm guessing the latter. So, in future versions (maybe even a patch?), I think it'd be nice if we got requests for interviews that dealt with several topics rather than going to reporters to talk about just one thing.

Overall, aces. You've done it again, fellas, and I've had to uninstall FM 2010 since I couldn't stand to play it anymore.

Amateur

Ok, I've sorted out the camera view thing, but I don't see fans or the stadium. All I see is the pitch

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
    Ok, I've sorted out the camera view thing, but I don't see fans or the stadium. All I see is the pitch
    check your game settings, you must have stadium and crowds OFF.

Semi Pro

a couple of things:

1. Whenever my backroom meetings result in more than one 'private chats' with the same player, I cannot complete more than one. I finish the first one and discover that there is another PPM recommendation, I click 'private chat' but I can only click on 'exit' since I ended the first private chat.
    2. Going into extra time and in the 2nd half of it, I was no longer able to go into tactics etc using the menus under my team name (in 3D)
    3. When making a sub at half time, there is no 'are you sure you want to make these changes?'
    4. In backroom meeting, sometimes the last advice is missing the buttons. This was also on FM2010.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast