+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 1765

Thread: OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

All in all I think this a fantasic game and has got me re-engaged again, I got to the stage with with FM10 that I was starting up a new game and turning it off after 20 mins. The addition of the new features such as agents is great and gives it a more realistic feel. Along with that the game seems a bit more challanging as Im paying more attention to my tactics especially with match prep feature. the game seems to run a hell of a lot smoother and not as robotic as well. Great work SI!

Roll on 5th November, gives me 2 weeks to think of arguements to come up with for my girlfriend so I get football manager time!
    Last edited by Legendary_Keano_16; 22-10-2010 at 15:13.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by gazsmith6 View Post
    Vanilla version now available. Woohoo!!

Already downloading.
    What size is the Vanilla version? I have the Strawberry version at home on my PC, but I'm planning on getting the Vanilla onto my laptop if it's not too huge (I'll have to download it via a 3G dongle, you see...)

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by GB68 View Post
    For example, only one player can be placed at each position. Whereas on Fm10, certainly two , (perhaps more, I've never tried) could be placed in each position, certainly on corners.
    Has that been done to stop the corner "cheat"?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burling View Post
    Sorry for not responding about this Bale comments on his flair, I've been at the San Siro watching Tottenham. As for Bale's flair, I would not say he is a paticularly flair type player. He's not the sort of player to do number of step-overs, little flicks. It could possibly be slightly up from 9 but his game is not about flair. He is about dribbling, crossing and acceleration. Also in regards to a comment about research being out of date with Palacios and Keane being best rated players for their positions, this is not the case.
    Agree with that. Bale has an incredeible to dribble and shoot at high speed, that is a great talent but it isn't flair, speed, determination, dribbling, composure and some fantastic finishing in Milan.

Loving the demo. I've only played 4 friendlies so far so early days but really like the negotiating with agents for transfers, the conversational style where you can sort out a deal in one go and then wait for a decision is so much better and feels much more realistic. Conversations with players are a bit clunky so far but are a movement in the right direction.

Amateur

Something funny i've noticed.

Tottenham league game, i am 1 - 0 up, Gomes gets sent off, i don't have a keeper on the substitute list. I put Pavlyuchenko in as a keeper. We ultimately lose the game 1 - 2.
    Afterwards Pavlyuchenko wants a conversation with me saying how he is unhappy he wasn't played in his natural position. I say i'm the manager and i make the decisions. He gets angry and wants to be transferlisted.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedTwiddler View Post

Tottenham league game, i am 1 - 0 up, Gomes gets sent off, i don't have a keeper on the substitute list. I put Pavlyuchenko in as a keeper. We ultimately lose the game 1 - 2.
    Afterwards Pavlyuchenko wants a conversation with me saying how he is unhappy he wasn't played in his natural position. I say i'm the manager and i make the decisions. He gets angry and wants to be transferlisted.
    What other choices did you have in response to his initial complaint?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey1978 View Post
    What size is the Vanilla version? I have the Strawberry version at home on my PC, but I'm planning on getting the Vanilla onto my laptop if it's not too huge (I'll have to download it via a 3G dongle, you see...)
    About 300 MB.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedTwiddler View Post

I can see why - what kind of manager doesn't put a sub goalie on the bench!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    About 300 MB.
    Excellent, thanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield Sunday View Post
    I can see why - what kind of manager doesn't put a sub goalie on the bench!
    Neil Warnock?

Amateur

Neil Warnock?
    And I doubt Pavelchenko would want to play for him either!

Amateur

hey,

downloaded the demo and it looks great! the new features really add a new dimension to the game.

just thought i would add a few things that could do with altering on the set piece creator.

1. when you select the set piece taker, i.e. to take the corner, the player is still selectable in the set piece as you can still select from 10 outfield players to move around + the goalkeeper. this could privide problems on the matc engine when you realise your corner taker had a key part in the setup only to be found missing at the corner flag.

2. it is very difficult to swap the players around in the box on the direct free kick. for example i automatically have a 1-3-3 formation in the box and would like to move my weakest header of the ball to the front to harass the keeper, aim my free kick deep and put my tallest players at the far post. however if i try to swap any of those players in the box i cannot, unless i move the one player infront of the keeper somewhere else at which point all of my players in the box move forward 1 spot.

3. i think the throw in set piece is kind of pointless, maybe there should be an option to throw the ball short/deep? so you can move your players to flick the ball on when you are deep in your half or come short when you are attacking? just an idea i suppose but would be nice to hear some feedback on it.

thanks for reading

Semi Pro

just downloaded the demo, will play it tomorrow

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield Sunday View Post
    And I doubt Pavelchenko would want to play for him either!
    You have a point there!

Subs Bench
    Future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Went and pre-ordered from Game. Impressed enough that I'll let it be my reward for doing my work in the meantime.

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

More first impressions:
    - There seem to be more red cards than in FM10
    - Positioning seems to be more important this year. I love especially how GK's now sometimes totally stand in the wrong place
    - The fans always protest after a corner has been awarded towards the guests
    - It may have been mentioned before but what is that youth recruitment thingy?
    - I love the new penalty shootout view but it covers the goal when you view the match in split-screen and 2D.

Suggestions:
    - I would really like to have my custom views I created for the tactics-screen on the tactics-screen during match and on the team selection-screen as well. ATM we have to costumise our views for each of these screens seperately.
    - In FM10 you were taken to the team-selection screen after you received a notification that you can't start the match with the current line-up. I really liked that, please bring it back.

Bugs(?):
    - 'Board Request Status' stays emtpy after requests
    - After having declined the first-press conference, my profile says 'avoids talking to the press' but in the match-preview I'm still labelled as a 'media-friendly manager'. - Probably because my media status is still too high (50%).
    - User's Manager Info: 'Preferred Formation' is incorrect
    - My 'Preferred Formation' has now changed. But to a formation I've never used.
    Last edited by Koki; 22-10-2010 at 12:55.

Koki, how many matches did you play with 'your' formation - what formation was it?

There's an issue where some formations are described incorrectly (for example a 4-5-1 and a 4-3-3 can be confused - for example a lone target man and two wingers can be interpreted either way). Let me know, thanks.

Amateur

Default skin is so totally BS, that I may skip this version also.

Start screen, locate Preferences

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1512/12457913.jpg

If you want to read news, do not click news, click more

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4586/40957391.jpg

Why D (C), why not DC?

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5595/44301577.jpg

More unclear letters, thank you?

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3514/44630330.jpg

Less LSD dosage and better skin, please.
    Last edited by JAT; 22-10-2010 at 13:03. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GB68 View Post
    Ok, overall, I'm impressed with the demo.

I have only one huge disappointment. The "set piece creator". It' nothing but a graphical representation of the old system. And a poor one at that. It adds nothing new at all. In fact it even takes away some options. For example, only one player can be placed at each position. Whereas on Fm10, certainly two , (perhaps more, I've never tried) could be placed in each position, certainly on corners.

I also would have liked to see several variable set-ups be created for use at various times during the game, depending on the score. i.e. needing an equaliser, holding on to a lead etc...

Its probably too late for it to be corrected, but I was hoping and expecting something new and exciting. All we got was a cosmetic makeover.

P.S.- also the problem regarding the widgets in annoying, but I do read that is on the to-do list.
    Have to say I completely agree, was hoping for something similar to CM's set piece creator but it actually turned out to be quite a disappointment. Other than that I'm enjoying the game so far and still discovering new features all the time.

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

@ Neil: I played the friendly matches and about 2-3 league matches with a 3-5-2 (DC-DC-DC-DM-MC-AML-AMC-AMR-ST-ST) before my preferred formation switched from 4-4-2 (never used that one) to a 5-3-2 (SW-DC-DC-WBL-WBR-DM-MC-MC-ST-ST). Hope it helps I would make a screenshot but that doesn't seem to work.

I'd also like to add that the relationsship widget doesn't seem to be working correctly. In both the best opinion and worst opinion box are managers that have a fairly poor opinion of me or feel that the two of us could become friends.

When do things like tactical consistency change, at the end of a season? Because I've had 15 league games and 3 cup matches with the same tactic now and it is still on 50%
    Last edited by Koki; 22-10-2010 at 13:13.

Amateur

Anybody know how long the strawberry demo download is taking on torrent?

Amateur

Whats Landon Donovan up to these days?

Amateur

The best thing I@ve seen so far is the fact if a player is unhappy you can have a private conversation and cheer him up.

Amateur

Depends mostly on your connections speed perhaps?

Amateur

I must say I'm enjoying the demo.

It looks like a very good game.

However, I found two bugs.

1 - I'm using the Portuguese language and part of a sentence was mixed with English. So far, the only one I saw was about the next match which was in two days. It should be "o próximo jogo contra o Burnley é daqui a dois dias", but instead it was "o próximo jogo contra o Burnley in two days". It's not a big thing but it could be a problem for someone who doesn't understands English, specially if alters a whole sentence.

2 - This one I have to confirm. I was playing against my reserves, made the subs after the break and when I tried to chance the tactics, the button under my team's name disappeared, meaning I couldn't do nothing about it. As I said, I have to double-check this in my next match but I was wondering if this has happened to others.

Cheers!

Amateur

Really liking the new game, downloaded the demo from Steam yesterday and been playing it almost non-stop. Few small problems that have already been mentioned are the Formation page will change to Player Instructions after you substitute them or change the team selection around which can get a little annoying after a while but no big deal. Also, the screen that shows the two team line-ups takes a little long to load for some reason the rest of the game is fast, smooth and so far un-problematic just this small bit that slows up. I also don't like the new "have a chat" with the player feature, the conversations are unrealistic, the responses don't seem to match what I've said and they more often than not go away unhappy and wanting to leave. For instance I told Rafael van der Vaart I thought he was playing well, he disagreed and by the end of the conversation he wanted to leave the club!!!

I'm playing it on a 2010 Mac Mini if that makes any difference But overall, pleased and impressed with the improved graphics and also the game play itself seems to be much improved, long range passing is more realistic as it runs out of play etc. 8/10 from me!

Youth Team

Whats the difference between the vanilla version and strawberry versions?

And where can I get them?

The player interaction needs some serious tweaking. Every conversation I have had leads to them wanting to leave the club. Put new features in by all means, just make sure they work first or it just looks like a pointless gimmick that you can stick on the box to sell more copies.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by dking View Post
    Whats the difference between the vanilla version and strawberry versions?

And where can I get them?

The player interaction needs some serious tweaking. Every conversation I have had leads to them wanting to leave the club. Put new features in by all means, just make sure they work first or it just looks like a pointless gimmick that you can stick on the box to sell more copies.
    Am really confused with your post. You ask where to get demo and what's the difference, yet you already give feedback. :S

Anyway, the difference: What’s the difference between the Strawberry and Vanilla Demos?

The Strawberry demo contains all the sounds, player pictures and logos within the game. Because of this additional content the file is larger and will take longer to download. The Vanilla demo is a stripped down version of the game, which runs exactly the same but is just a smaller download file.

Link: http://www.footballmanager.com/demo
    Last edited by Fabio MVP; 22-10-2010 at 13:39.

Amateur

I am trying to get my players to want to leave the club by having conversations with them, and to be able to pull that off you need to make some pretty harsh statements. So if every conversation you have makes your players want to leave, the problem lies with your conversational skills, not the game.

Youth Team

Am really confused with your post. You ask where to get demo and what's the difference, yet you already give feedback. :S
    Read it again.

I asked what is the difference between vanilla and strawberry versions are.

I do have the demo but I have no idea if I have the vanilla or strawberry version so I wanted to know where I can get both versions as I have only seen one version available (on steam).

It's not really that hard to understand and I'm not really sure why you're confused about it.

Some answers to my questions would be nice though.

@Bjaart - Well giving my players warnings for two red cards in one game resulted in them wanting to leave, no matter what I said. The two players in question were Glen Johnsen and Simmone Perotta. Now, I'm not sure about Perotta's attitude but I know full well Glen Johnsen is not a problematic player with a bad attitude. I've had a few conversations with a few other players and none of them have ended well.

When you have had conversations with players and it's gone well, have you always been extra nice to them? or have you tried laying down the law?
    Last edited by dking; 22-10-2010 at 13:44.

Youth Team
    The 5th Level of Hell - Where the Wrathful and Gloomy are sent

Quote Originally Posted by RBF652 View Post
    I must say I'm enjoying the demo.

It looks like a very good game.

However, I found two bugs.

1 - I'm using the Portuguese language and part of a sentence was mixed with English. So far, the only one I saw was about the next match which was in two days. It should be "o próximo jogo contra o Burnley é daqui a dois dias", but instead it was "o próximo jogo contra o Burnley in two days". It's not a big thing but it could be a problem for someone who doesn't understands English, specially if alters a whole sentence.

2 - This one I have to confirm. I was playing against my reserves, made the subs after the break and when I tried to chance the tactics, the button under my team's name disappeared, meaning I couldn't do nothing about it. As I said, I have to double-check this in my next match but I was wondering if this has happened to others.

Cheers!
    do you mean something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXP View Post
    Managed to lock myself out of my own tactics. Match view buttons were greyed out, the Match Controls -> Tactics button did nothing and the tab was was see-thru.

Happened after I'd been prompted to confirm my changes and pressed cancel, then tried to go back into my tactics

Youth Team

Anyway, the difference: What’s the difference between the Strawberry and Vanilla Demos?

The Strawberry demo contains all the sounds, player pictures and logos within the game. Because of this additional content the file is larger and will take longer to download. The Vanilla demo is a stripped down version of the game, which runs exactly the same but is just a smaller download file.

Link: http://www.footballmanager.com/demo
    Thank you.

Youth Team

Oh dear, I've had a complete and total Hodgson at Liverpool so far. Lost my first three games to Wolves, young boys and Blackpool, and not to mention three players wanting to leave already which tells me that this years FM11 players are a little bit over sensitive when you have conversations with them.

Anybody else started a game with LFC? It seems really difficult, you start with 0 funds and it seems really hard to sell players. I ended up having to sell Babel for one million (purely just experimental of course).

Youth Team

Everyone still trying to sell Rooney then yeah?

Started a game on the demo last night but think I'll go back to 10 until the full game comes out. Can never get into demos as I know I can't continue past 6 months. Looks really good though. I really like the idea of match preparation, could be very useful. Like the new contract negotiations too, just hope the agents thing doesn't become too repetitive or easy to manipulate. Overall very impressed so far

Amateur

I like how in the player search you can now also add the column '2nd nationality'. It's a shame you still can't filter non-playing staff on caps though. I'd love to hire former greats!

Amateur

I love the new features in FM11 so far. But my match engine seems to be jerky and slightly blurry. 3D graphic rating is only 1 1/2 stars. FM10 has 4 stars. How can I improve this rating?

Amateur

Any chance of filtering by PPM?

Desperately needed to pick up 'tries killer balls often' midfielders.

Amateur

Oh dear, I've had a complete and total Hodgson at Liverpool so far. Lost my first three games to Wolves, young boys and Blackpool, and not to mention three players wanting to leave already which tells me that this years FM11 players are a little bit over sensitive when you have conversations with them.

Anybody else started a game with LFC? It seems really difficult, you start with 0 funds and it seems really hard to sell players. I ended up having to sell Babel for one million (purely just experimental of course).
    I also started a LFC game and i am having a nice start, with 6 league games played won 5 and 1 draw with goals: 15-4. In europe i have won 2 games and the sole game in the cup.
    I only loaned in 3 players; Maxwell, Hugo Almeida and Wijnaldum and sold Kuyt.

But on the other hand i like the Demo much and cant wait for the real deal to come out.

Banned

I agree that it would be great to filter non playing staff by caps.

I haven't got used to the new 'news screen', it feels a bit cluttered to me- at the moment I much prefer the old one. I like the agents though in negotiations.

Amateur

Jeezlouise....Yep, Tim Cahill is good at jumping. Are you related to him??

What's the game like for us people sitting at work, reading endless Cahill rants??

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dr p wigwam View Post
    do you mean something like this?
    Exactly my problem.

Semi Pro

So far, very smooth - ME very sleek, the player interaction is really well done, agents are good (well I've not encountered Paul Stretford yet).

I wasn't keen on giving up my FM2010 save, but I have a feeling it won't be touched for a while.

Amateur

can any of SI staff kindly respond to my point of view in post, please ?

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6004953

thanks in advance ..

Amateur

First impressions, what a game !! can't wait for the main release. Well done SI

Amateur

I don't know if it's a bug or something but..something that's very frustrating to me is the ''one on one'' situations during the game..
    every game I have like...3-4 1 on 1(striker with a goalkeeper)and it never goes in(btw..no defender in sight..just a striker and a goalkeeper)..
    and I have strikers like Tevez,Neymar,Adebayor etc.
    it's kind of annoyning how it never goes in..

Banned

I LOVE the ask your board to sign a player option, I just wish I could give them a whole list and set them to it; it's an excellent addition imo.

Amateur

Try turning match graphics in preferencers to automatic as it did not work on the high setting, i had the same problem as you until i changed it then it was smoother and clearer hope it helps.

Part-Timer

Only just got the Vanilla Demo but there is one thing I've seen straight away. I like the way positions are now shown as Midfielder (Left) / D (L), M (C) at the top of the screen, but for consistancy could you make the position show up that way when you have disabled all Player and Staff pictures? Probably not many people play without the pictures but I do and that is where I look for the players positions rather then top of the screen.

Shows what I mean better then I can explain. I'd like it to be consistant everywhere I guess the Position column when looking at your squad is too small to allow that to happen.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HarryMills View Post
    I LOVE the ask your board to sign a player option, I just wish I could give them a whole list and set them to it; it's an excellent addition imo.

I couldnt find that option mate. Do I go to the 'boardroom' option or do I click on a player I want and go from there? I cant seem to find it.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by JAT View Post

Why D (C), why not DC?

You probably are the same person who buys the new FIFA game and then says its crap because Bertbatov's hairstyle is wrong and Nani is wearing the wrong boots.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mdbussen View Post
    You probably are the same person who buys the new FIFA game and then says its crap because Bertbatov's hairstyle is wrong and Nani is wearing the wrong boots.
    Dude, if you don't get Berb's hair right, he's not going to head the ball properly, you know?

Semi Pro

Two impressions so far, keeping in mind I haven't actually gotten to play a match on the pitch yet....

1) The new skin is nice but for someone who has poor vision such as myself it's very hard to navigate because the mouse pointer blends into the white background.

2) I guess I'm not understanding the new contract negotiation system. Maybe someone can explain it for me? When I get to the screen to offer a contract the only offers I can make are either what the player requested or by pressing the "suggest terms" button. If I make any change to any aspect of the original offer or the suggested offer the "make offer" button isn't available to press. How is this contract negotiations when you're forced into only 2 options? I doubt a real negotiation works this way. "It's either offer A or offer B or we can't talk.". Where's the negotiations?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by gollum65 View Post
    Two impressions so far, keeping in mind I haven't actually gotten to play a match on the pitch yet....

1) The new skin is nice but for someone who has poor vision such as myself it's very hard to navigate because the mouse pointer blends into the white background.

2) I guess I'm not understanding the new contract negotiation system. Maybe someone can explain it for me? When I get to the screen to offer a contract the only offers I can make are either what the player requested or by pressing the "suggest terms" button. If I make any change to any aspect of the original offer or the suggested offer the "make offer" button isn't available to press. How is this contract negotiations when you're forced into only 2 options? I doubt a real negotiation works this way. "It's either offer A or offer B or we can't talk.". Where's the negotiations?
    The suggest terms is the negotiation...

You are indicating you disagree with the initial terms he set, and are offering new ones. If he agrees, then you can make an offer. You're not just sending out an offer and hoping he signs, you're conversing to reach an agreement, at which point he is either likely to sign, or is satisfied with the offer from your club but is going to go away and consider offers from other clubs before deciding which of his offers are the best.

I'm not sure how this isn't realistic or plausible to be honest, it makes perfect sense to me.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JAT View Post

Why D (C), why not DC?

tbh, i dont actually see your problem.....

Preferences is fine down there
    ...more is fine, i know what that means
    I think D (C) is clearer than DC
    No unclear letters in that screenshot

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinocerous View Post
    The suggest terms is the negotiation...

You are indicating you disagree with the initial terms he set, and are offering new ones. If he agrees, then you can make an offer. You're not just sending out an offer and hoping he signs, you're conversing to reach an agreement, at which point he is either likely to sign, or is satisfied with the offer from your club but is going to go away and consider offers from other clubs before deciding which of his offers are the best.

I'm not sure how this isn't realistic or plausible to be honest, it makes perfect sense to me.
    Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work that way in the game. I can even view the original demand by the player and increase the offer to more then he's asking and I can't submit that offer. The same goes for if I change the # of years. The only offers I can submit are the original demand or the suggested offer. Who's suggesting the offer? Why can't I adjust it? To me that isn't negotiation. It's just 2 suggested offers I can make. If I don't like either I can't even attempt to sign a player.

Here's an example. After negotiating with Valencia for the rights to talk to Juan Manuel Mata about a transfer, the player demanded 78k pounds to sign. The "suggested offer" was 75k pounds. But he was only making 28k pounds at Valencia so no way I wanted to offer him 50k pounds per week more just to get him to transfer. But even if I didn't care about how much the offer was I couldn't offer anything but the demand or the suggested offers. To test the system I even increased the salary option to 100k pounds and I still didn't have the ability to make that ofer, and yes I had more then enough available wage budget to make it if I wanted. I should have been able to offer whatever amount I wanted as long as I was within my budgets.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jayahr View Post
    Not exactly. You are unfair.
    Apart from the German HR doing his job well (and disregarding the ability of some Bayern players more than many others in the past)
    Have to disagree here. Muller played 52 matches in total for Bayern last season and scored 19 goals. He then had a very good World Cup , was the joint top scorer with five goals and was awarded the golden boot. All this with him being played just behind the main striker. I am not going to play the rating game but anything less than 10 out of 20 is poor when the level of his division is taken into account. So that means the researcher thinks his first touch, his passing and his technique are poor...this for a man who played almost all of the season as an attacking midfielder. This points out to only two things..one, the Bundesliga is a very poor league that even a player whose main attributes wrt his position is poor manages to score almost 20 goals in the season..or the German researcher has made a mistake. I have seen some other posters arguing about 2-3 points difference in ratings for their favorite player..as i said, Muller is neither my favorite player nor Bayern my favorite club...but when the player in question has been one of the most consistent performers on the continent for most of the last season and his key attributes are rated poor, then it is a problem for both those who love the club and the player and those who want the database in the game to be as realistic as possible.

Part-Timer

I have a customized first team squad screen.
    Now, on FM10 that screen was set for all the first team squad screens.
    Whenever i clicked on a club, it was the same view i was having on my own clubs squad screen view.

On the demo, the customized squad screen seem only to work with my first team.
    If i click any on any other clubs, it goes back to the default view.

Is it supposed to work this way?

Hope you understand what i mean.

Amateur

Ex players comment on Danger men way too often. theres no way Chris Sutton would be commenting on every Celtic game near enough, on players that he feels are dangerous

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Thorovic View Post
    I also started a LFC game and i am having a nice start, with 6 league games played won 5 and 1 draw with goals: 15-4. In europe i have won 2 games and the sole game in the cup.
    I only loaned in 3 players; Maxwell, Hugo Almeida and Wijnaldum and sold Kuyt.

But on the other hand i like the Demo much and cant wait for the real deal to come out.
    You actually managed to sell a player for cash? Lucky you. I have tried selling Babel, Kyriakos, Kuyt, N'gog, Maxi, and Joe cole without one offer for cash, every single offer has been a loan out which is completely pointless. What I find strange is the fact I can't shift any of these players at reasonable to very low prices when in reality, they would be snapped up pretty quickly. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come in the final game as you can't tell me these players wouldn't be wanted.

Oh I did manage to sell Babel for 1million in another save and only one club came in for him. Something is broke I think as selling Babel for 1million would have hosts of clubs after him.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by gollum65 View Post
    Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work that way in the game. I can even view the original demand by the player and increase the offer to more then he's asking and I can't submit that offer. The same goes for if I change the # of years. The only offers I can submit are the original demand or the suggested offer. Who's suggesting the offer? Why can't I adjust it? To me that isn't negotiation. It's just 2 suggested offers I can make. If I don't like either I can't even attempt to sign a player.

Here's an example. After negotiating with Valencia for the rights to talk to Juan Manuel Mata about a transfer, the player demanded 78k pounds to sign. The "suggested offer" was 75k pounds. But he was only making 28k pounds at Valencia so no way I wanted to offer him 50k pounds per week more just to get him to transfer. But even if I didn't care about how much the offer was I couldn't offer anything but the demand or the suggested offers. To test the system I even increased the salary option to 100k pounds and I still didn't have the ability to make that ofer, and yes I had more then enough available wage budget to make it if I wanted. I should have been able to offer whatever amount I wanted as long as I was within my budgets.
    If that's what's happening exactly, something is wrong. I haven't seen that. When I went to modify the wage option, I then clicked "suggest terms" and the player responded to those new terms. I have no idea why you wouldn't be able to do the same.

Amateur

Wow! I really wish the actual game was here today!

It seems bloody brilliant so far

Amateur

RvP - either footed.

Youth Team

Oh I did manage to sell Babel for 1million in another save and only one club came in for him. Something is broke I think as selling Babel for 1million would have hosts of clubs after him.
    All those other clubs must have actually seen him play before

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinocerous View Post
    If that's what's happening exactly, something is wrong. I haven't seen that. When I went to modify the wage option, I then clicked "suggest terms" and the player responded to those new terms. I have no idea why you wouldn't be able to do the same.
    I haven't seen it react that way, but I may be missing it. Like I said, just trying to figure it out and the difficult to read skin isn't make it any easier for me. I'll take another look. Thanks.

Youth Team

Hmm, now just tried to sell Aurelio and guess what, only offers are loan offers. Offered him very cheap as well but still no joy. A worrying trend for the game.

Has anybody else had problems selling players?

Amateur

Is the Blue Square North & South available in the demo?

Amateur

Hmm, now just tried to sell Aurelio and guess what, only offers are loan offers. Offered him very cheap as well but still no joy. A worrying trend for the game.

Has anybody else had problems selling players?
    Yes...but i think Miles has already covered it. He has said that it will be difficult to transfer players in the first season..and most of the offers will be to loan the player. However i have seen AI teams spend lots of money to get players from other AI teams. I tried to sell Owen, but no one was willing even when offered for free. However i had managed to sell Park for around 9 million.

Amateur

I just got beat off Greenock Morton with Celtic and the fans were only slightly concerned. I think last years confidence was a bit OTT, but this in real life would surely do more than slight concern. Some fine tweaking needed

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Is the Blue Square North & South available in the demo?
    Yes.

Just finished demo (bit gutted actually!) but very impressive. Loving the new 3d engine. Will be buying this!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by darkson01 View Post
    Yes.

Just finished demo (bit gutted actually!) but very impressive. Loving the new 3d engine. Will be buying this!!
    Good news about it including that. Nice one! Thanks for the speedy reply :-)

Semi Pro

not really done a lot, but its going to take me a while to my players fading out then back in again whenever there is a highlight on the match engine, which has been very good in the month i have played

Amateur

So far I like the demo, the only problem is that the skin is too bright.

Subs Bench
    Future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Something minor that's bugging me.

iirc in past games, clicking 'report' during a game would go to the most recent event. In the demo it remains at the top, ie. the start of the match. If you move it to the bottom it stays there though.

Amateur

Just tried to play FM 10, can't play it anymore,

DAMN YOU SI!!!!

Amateur

Love it as always but there is one thing so far thats bugging me

on matchday I have 2d classic, not TV view, and highlights on key

so when its not showing me a highlight I always have it set on "split view" with overview and matchstats shown

but when a highlight happens it doesnt switch to the full view, it stays in split and shows me a pitch in the left side, FM10 didnt do that, I prefered it the other way

Amateur

I haven't seen anyone mention the new skin. What does everyone think? xD

Amateur

why when i try and offer a player a contract the contract offer button greyed out

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by mteeters View Post
    Don't really like it too much

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by mteeters View Post
    Does Tim Cahill's jumping attribute seem too low to you guys?

Amateur

Only gripe i have is the amount of 2 on 1 situation my players have had with the goakeeper andy player always decides to do it the hard way an gos alone and ends up smashing it straight against the keeper....

Semi Pro
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

Where has the set to last negitiation button on the transfer negotiation screen gone??

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    Only gripe i have is the amount of 2 on 1 situation my players have had with the goakeeper andy player always decides to do it the hard way an gos alone and ends up smashing it straight against the keeper....
    Really? I've noticed my players pull the keeper way out of position and end up with a massively wide open net for the second player, only to have him dribble in, allow the keeper to close, and then do either 1) smash the ball really hard wide/high and miss from ridiculously close or 2) kick straight towards the keeper anyway, instead of the side of the WIDE OPEN goal for an easy netter.

I can't count the number of CCCs I've had like that without a goal. Things even I, a clumsy single footed baseball player could slot home with my eyes closed, are missed by professionals. From a distance they can spit further than!

Only problem I've seen with ME so far, other than wild inaccuracy in general when shooting.

Part-Timer

This version of Football Manager has the potential to be the BEST version ever, still need the full game and to run a few seasons before i make my final decision, but so far alls good, so a very well done to the guys from SI keep it up guys

Amateur

The game and new features make this FM amazingly realistic. My only concern is the ME: CCC's missing, CCC's seem to be counted wrong, Wingplay overrated, ...

If these ME problems could be fixed (full game or patch, doesnt matter) than this game is going to be a thread to my social life.

Amateur

Only got to play for ~ an hour last night, but here are my impressions so far.

-I like that inbox and news have been merged. In FM 2010, I found myself not reading the news as much and feeling out of touch with what was happening outside of my team.

Dislikes:
    - News "Bubbles" on the Home Page. I love having the news available on the home page, but the bubble format is atrocious and a waste of space. I'd much rather have a condensed email view (like FM 2010 inbox format, but with only the headers". This would allow the main points to be displayed in half the space, and if you wanted to read the item it would still take you to the inbox.

-Home Page - I like the fact that you can now pick which sets of information you display on the home page. However, we need to be able to resize these windows, and add more if desired. For instance, If you select "Salary" for one of the displays, the window stay the same size, but theres only 4 lines of text and the rest of the space is completely wasted. Next Match and fixture list likewise have loads of wasted space (this is playing windowed as well. I'd imagine if I played full screen at 1920 x 1200 half the screen would just be solid white.). I just feel that if these widgets were customizable, I could probably get much more useful information into much less space and have the home page be so much more effective.

-Agents! - Its not that I dislike the feature, I just hate the agents themselves :P Now not only do I have players demanding money I cant give them, I now also have agents wanting money I don't have. I'm hoping agents are more reasonable/non existent in the lower leagues (haven't tried a LL team yet).

-Negotiations - Negotiations in this game still feel one sided. The AI tells me what they want, I counter with a lower offer as I feel they are unreasonable, they come back with pretty much the same offer as before. If I raise my offer to somewhere in the middle, they come back with the same offer they just gave me before. The only chance I seem to have of getting any movement at all is if I make an offer non-negotiable, but that seems to get rejected 90% of the time. Unlike FM2010, If contract negotiations break down in FM11, there is 0 chance to restart them. They just won't talk to you at all. Agent Fees seem to be almost non-negotiable, even when the agent in question has a 2 or 3 for the "fees" attribute. If negotiations come down to just squad status, which was common in FM 2010, in the demo you might as well start all over. As soon as you raise the squad status, the agent now demands higher wages to go with the squad status. We just finally agreed on the wages not 1 conversation ago!

Despite the fact that there is far more dislikes than likes atm, I still think FM 2011 will be a great game. Dislikes jump out far more than neat little features that are cool that you don't notice right away. I haven't actually played a match yet (which after only an hour is probably normal for me. I usually spend ~ 6 hours before even getting to the friendlies...lol), so I cant comment on the ME and the new Views/replay setup which from what I've heard so far is very good.

Youth Team

Anybody else having trouble stopping your DM/anchorman from being a complete numpty and charging off up the field all the time? Noticed it happening a lot with a fair few different formations.

Youth Team
    And he dribbles past 1... 2.. and 3 players and rounds off an excellent move with a 30 yard chip! Wh

How do I let my board sign a player for me? Can't find that option.

Youth Team
    The 5th Level of Hell - Where the Wrathful and Gloomy are sent

Quote Originally Posted by mdbussen View Post
    Does Tim Cahill's jumping attribute seem too low to you guys?
    not sure about that, but Bale's been hugely underated

best left winger in the world....

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by eddster59 View Post
    So far so good generally, some little niggles though:

1. When setting up tactics the right hand screen sometimes randomly changes from formation to player instructions if you click to see a player profile and then go back to the tqactics screen, this is quite annoying as you have to set it back to formation every time you want to look at a player in more detail when you are setting things up.
    yes, I noticed this as well. please fix this, it's very annoying

Ex-SI
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ubos View Post
    How do I let my board sign a player for me? Can't find that option.
    Go to make an offer for the player and there should be an option on the right of the screen where you can ask the board to deal with proceedings. This is however dependand on the club you are and the player you are trying to sign

Amateur

Don't know if this is a bug but after drawing 1-1 away against Man City as Spurs the fans were annoyed because I conceded a late equaliser. Man City scored in the 76th minute, I wouldn't say that was a late equaliser, I'd say anything after the 85th minute is late...

Apart from that the demo is ace

Youth Team

This is interesting.

"Molde fans are expecting a comfortable win against Liverpool. The reds fans are not expecting to win the EURO cup third qualifying round second leg match and will be hoping their team can avoid embarrassment."

How on earth has the game come to that conclusion? Bear in mind I just beat them away with ten men 5-2 and I'm now playing them at Anfield.

Third Team

This is interesting.

"Molde fans are expecting a comfortable win against Liverpool. The reds fans are not expecting to win the EURO cup third qualifying round second leg match and will be hoping their team can avoid embarrassment."

How on earth has the game come to that conclusion? Bear in mind I just beat them away with ten men 5-2 and I'm now playing them at Anfield.
    Sounds about right to me
    In all seriousness you need to log this in the bug forum. That doesn't sit right.

Amateur

First of all I want to say that this Demo looks very good. All oh the new features are good and I like them.
    Only thing i found out by now that is bad is that there are lot of bookings.
    For example my first game of season(not friendly) against Fiorentina i got 7 yellow cards and 3 red cards (Fiorentina got 2 yellow). Next game against Catania i got 6 yellow card and 2 red cards, Catania got 4 yellow cards. Now i'm leader in Seria A with 13 yellow cards( next is Roma with 7) and 5 red cards(next is Roma with 1). You will probably think that i have aggressive tackling or something. In my team instructions i have set cautious tackling and then after setting player instructions i changed to advanced instructions and set all of them easy tackling.
    You should probably deal with this.
    But otherwise thumbs up

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by edgar555 View Post
    Sounds about right to me
    In all seriousness you need to log this in the bug forum. That doesn't sit right.
    I had this with Tottenham against Dynamo Kyiv, and I was playing at home!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by jhill89 View Post
    I had this with Tottenham against Dynamo Kyiv, and I was playing at home!
    Now it's a definitely a bug, right Edgar?!

Amateur

First impression?

Just another expensive Database Update. SI don't seem to be able to improve the game year on year as they used too. Maybe they employ the wrong people, maybe their just milking the cow.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by DMN (YCFC) View Post
    First impression?

Just another expensive Database Update. SI don't seem to be able to improve the game year on year as they used too. Maybe they employ the wrong people, maybe their just milking the cow.
    Maybe it's harder and harder to improve the game that gets better every year? And yet again it is improved IMO.

Youth Team
    And he dribbles past 1... 2.. and 3 players and rounds off an excellent move with a 30 yard chip! Wh

Quote Originally Posted by Gudge View Post
    Go to make an offer for the player and there should be an option on the right of the screen where you can ask the board to deal with proceedings. This is however dependand on the club you are and the player you are trying to sign
    Have started a few games with the rich clubs like Man city and Chelsea but haven't really seen this option.

Amateur

Loving it so far, got me addicted as you do every year. Cannot wait for 5th of November now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast