My first impression of the demo? Absolutely fantastic. Quite easily the best Football Manager game I've ever played, since FM07. I just love the stunning 3D match engine, which I think is much more intelligent now than it was before, and I agree with *almost* all of the player's attributes. Perhaps a work rate of 14 for David N'Gog is a little much, considering he is lazy, but I'm sure your researchers have put more thought into it than I have. I also thought perhaps too many players had a determination of 20, for when I did a search there was more than a page full of players with this attribute rating, yet when I searched for players with a decisions rating of 20, there were only two of three - perhaps this is because players in general are more driven than they are smart, but I thought it was worth noting.
Anyway, I obviously can't judge one feature yet, which is the revamped regens, but I've been impressed with every new feature I've come across so far, bar none.
- I love how much quicker the new press conferences are.
- I like the new stadium effects, and player animations.
- The new interface is great - much neater.
- It's great seeing players diving into challenges!
- I can't remember if this was a feature in FM10, but the ability to make quick tactical changes and substitutions in the middle of a match is just great.
- Same as above; I like how, when minimised, the widgets, if originally placed at the bottom of the screen, will minimise downwards. It's just the little things like that which please me.
- When you stand 10 feet back, it looks like a real game, no joke. And I was using medium detail.
There will no doubt always be someone who dislikes the game, but they will have to be trying pretty hard to fault this game. Great job SI.