OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah Jumping very much takes in account a players height. Cahill's jumping is likely as high as it can get for a player of his height.

I'm sorry mate but that's seriously idiotic.

So you're saying there is a limit to how high a person can jump dependant on height?

Really?

• Administrators

In reality it's not so much 'jumping' as it is 'aerial reach'. Zigic wouldn't even need to jump at all to be higher than the maximum Cahill could. It's not idiotic at all, as Andy Clarke said, it's perfectly logical.

I'm sorry mate but that's seriously idiotic.

So you're saying there is a limit to how high a person can jump dependant on height?

Really?

That isn't what he's saying at all. He's saying that 'jumping' actually means the height a player can reach through the combination of their leap and their actual height. So you will see short people with a great leap getting similar ratings to very tall players without a great leap. Cahill has a terrific leap but because of his height, he's still not going to be able outjump some who's 6'4/6'5 with a good leap of their own.

• Administrators
Everything looking good so far, one thing I noticed is that nothing came up on the "board request status" after I had a couple of requests granted, I feel like something should appear there even if the wheels haven't been put in motion yet.

Have you continued a day? Does it show up then?

In reality it's not so much 'jumping' as it is 'aerial reach'. Zigic wouldn't even need to jump at all to be higher than the maximum Cahill could. It's not idiotic at all, as Andy Clarke said, it's perfectly logical.

The stat isn't aerial reach, it's jumping. Are you telling me, that out of 20 marks, Tim Cahill's jumping ability is 14?

How does size of a person even relate to their ability to jump. Have you ever watched basketball?

Maybe a better example. Vidic is 6ft2" and has jumping 17. I've watched Tim Cahill out leap him live many times.

That isn't what he's saying at all. He's saying that 'jumping' actually means the height a player can reach through the combination of their leap and their actual height. So you will see short people with a great leap getting similar ratings to very tall players without a great leap. Cahill has a terrific leap but because of his height, he's still not going to be able outjump some who's 6'4/6'5 with a good leap of their own.

I've seen Cahill out jump Christopher Samba.

Go figure.

• Administrators
I've seen Cahill out jump Christopher Samba.

Go figure.

I've seen Shaun-Wright-Phillips out jump Cahill. Just because a player has better jumping and heading in the game doesn't mean he'll outjump and win every header in the match engine. Like real life other factors are taken into account.

I've seen Shaun-Wright-Phillips out jump Cahill. Just because a player has better jumping and heading in the game doesn't mean he'll outjump and win every header in the match engine. Like real life other factors are taken into account.

Its better than the 'I've seen a dog try and poo in my front room, just because its happened before doesn't mean it'll happen again' analogy I was thinking of.

Can someone from SI comment why there is no dark skin please? And will there be one in the full game? Thanks.

There is no dark skin or any additional skin to reduce the demo size as much as possible.

Damn, people get a free demo and still find a reason to complain about.

I'm not from SI, but I believe I'm right in saying there will be. It's a demo, relax.

Its just both options were in last years demo.

Also it says Zlatan will move to Milan in the summer from Barcelona. I understood that it was an option to buy and that Milan had not decided yet?

Its just both options were in last years demo.

Also it says Zlatan will move to Milan in the summer from Barcelona. I understood that it was an option to buy and that Milan had not decided yet?

Milan are obliged to buy - it's not an option.

Archived