Who's not going to play the demo and wait for the full release?

I will be playing the demo (or the vegetable samosas, as the Doctor puts it...).

Just finished with FM10 today, so I'm eager to see all the new features without my lack of knowledge on them interferring with my beloved career :)

Just gonna pick a top side and have a bash about for 2 weeks.

New game comes - I start at the bottom with a slightly better idea of how the new features work.

Possibly the bitter people who refuse to use Steam...

Possibly disgruntled Liverpool fans who won't play until SI have updated the Liverpool situation...

More likely those who have other games to play :p

I'm sure the excitement will overcome the majority who won't be able to resist a quick go on the demo...or for just a "quick look" ;)

Possibly the bitter people who refuse to use Steam...

Possibly disgruntled Liverpool fans who won't play until SI have updated the Liverpool situation...

More likely those who have other games to play :p

I'm sure the excitement will overcome the majority who won't be able to resist a quick go on the demo...or for just a "quick look" ;)

God bless stream... Best thing since sliced bread

Usually, I get deep deep into my demo save game. Then feel that I need to start a brand new game with the full version based on the fact that the game gets patched on release date (or thereabouts).

Will use the demo to get to grips with the feel of the game, experiment in a massive way with tactics and obviously see how training pans out. Will also use it to see who I can buy and sell, but not take the game seriously in terms of long term.

Unless there is no major difference to continuing a save game and patching rather than patching before starting.

but the demo is the same as the full game...this isn't like not eating before a meal so you dont spoil your apetite, this is a tray of wonderful starters to get you even more excited about the main course ;)

The demo is a set of quickstart games, therefore you only load up one league so it isnt the same as the game where when i start on the Full game i will load multiple leagues and a bigger database, hence why even if i started on the demo as the team i would want to start as on the game, i would still want to start again once the full game is out.

yup. I never 'play' the demo, just have a look at all the different players and what has changed from the last version basically. Takes about 30 minutes or so and then I uninstall it usually.

Couldnt bring myself to start a game which will end in 6 months, and since I like to play with as many leagues loaded as possible, would never try to continue the game with the full version either.

Thing is Trent - are you not limited, database wise if you do that?

Yes you are, you can only load 1 league at a time, as you are loading quickstarts. And i suspect a small database. But if some people arnt worried by that then of cause you can transfer for save to the full game.

Yes you are, you can only load 1 league at a time, as you are loading quickstarts. And i suspect a small database. But if some people arnt worried by that then of cause you can transfer for save to the full game.

It's sad, I know, but I tend to have all the top tier divisions running (pc can handle it) just so I know that all players are available etc - even if I don't even dip into that league - ever.

Like I said, the demo for me is a massive tease and one I'll enjoy into the early hours, no doubt. Want to experiment with my tactics and the 3D engine etc etc.

I will get silly with formations so that I even warrant potential 'sack', only so it doesn't feel too involved so that when the full game is out, it will still seem fresh in approach.

I'll play the demo as Man Utd just to get used to the new features ready for when the full game comes out. im not bothered about transfering saves over as im going to load up leagues from some obscure country and test out the DLR feature.

Uzbekistan me thinks :)

Can't be bothered with the demo this year, always got it before, spent an hour or so looking at the new things then just felt disappointed that in 2 weeks time it was getting deleted (because none of the leagues i'm running are in the demo).

Going to wait and dive straight into a save with no playing experience or knowledge of the new features I think

• 3 weeks later...

Archived