+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Results 701 to 800 of 2120

Thread: FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

  1. #701
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x42bn6 View Post
    I'll be needing the 12 GB for other things. Considered an SSD but it's so expensive.

    Also, with regards to PSUs, how accurate are these online calculators?

    And thanks in advance.
    Theses calculators are decent but get a solid PSU anyway. Corsait VX550W, TX750W.

  2. #702
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Posts
    1,509

    Default

    Ive just upgraded to a i5-750, 4GB 1333 DDR3 RAM and Ati 5770 1gb gfx card. This this first time I will be able to play in 3d ha ha! I can't wait.

  3. #703
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Intel Pentium P6100
    4GB DDR3 (2x2048Mb) Ram
    Intel HD Graphics upto 762Mb total available graphics


    Been looking at this laptop HP Bisconti anygood for FM11?

  4. #704
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoggies View Post
    Intel Pentium P6100
    4GB DDR3 (2x2048Mb) Ram
    Intel HD Graphics upto 762Mb total available graphics


    Been looking at this laptop HP Bisconti anygood for FM11?
    15 leagues with 50k players and 3d on medium or high. Good enough??

  5. #705
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMcgee View Post
    Ive just upgraded to a i5-750, 4GB 1333 DDR3 RAM and Ati 5770 1gb gfx card. This this first time I will be able to play in 3d ha ha! I can't wait.
    I am going to buy a new PC too. Can't Wait

  6. #706
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Yes should be fine thanks for your help!

  7. #707
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Posts
    1,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    I am going to buy a new PC too. Can't Wait
    Having seen all your replies on here, im sure everyone wants to know what spec it will be????

  8. #708
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoggies View Post
    Yes should be fine thanks for your help!
    Cheers.

  9. #709
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMcgee View Post
    Having seen all your replies on here, im sure everyone wants to know what spec it will be????
    I'm still looking around for parts. Dunno how long till I buy it. Will defo tell what I buy.

  10. #710
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd March 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hi, the 3D works on high detail, but I have to turn off Stadiums, sky, weather ect. I play the game on a MAC. What to do? Do you think that with the full game (5th november) it will run better?

  11. #711
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsje View Post
    Hi, the 3D works on high detail, but I have to turn off Stadiums, sky, weather ect. I play the game on a MAC. What to do? Do you think that with the full game (5th november) it will run better?
    You can update drivers, use swiftshader or just play like this.

    And No it won't run better.

  12. #712
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd March 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Alright, I will try Swifst Shader. Thank you!

  13. #713
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th August 2007
    Posts
    34

    Default

    hi ishu could you recommend a good laptop for fm11 under 700 pound maybe a little more if needed. thanks alot ishu.

  14. #714
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antl View Post
    hi ishu could you recommend a good laptop for fm11 under 700 pound maybe a little more if needed. thanks alot ishu.
    Some very goos ones on the last page.

  15. #715

    Default

    Just a quick question - my PC won't install the demo. At all. I have had the permission box come up once, clicked accept, nothing happens. But usually I click the install file and all that happens is that Windows Explorer freezes up.

    Anyone have an idea what's going on?

  16. #716
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th December 2008
    Posts
    33

    Lightbulb Problems with Demo

    I can run FM11 demo on my Mac (Snow Leopard 10.6.5) but once running it, to access other applications or the home screen I have to quit the game. This never happened on my XP. Any suggestions?

  17. #717
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubey84 View Post
    Just a quick question - my PC won't install the demo. At all. I have had the permission box come up once, clicked accept, nothing happens. But usually I click the install file and all that happens is that Windows Explorer freezes up.

    Anyone have an idea what's going on?
    What does the box say?
    Try running it as an administrator.
    Installing JRE might help.

  18. #718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    What does the box say?
    Try running it as an administrator.
    Installing JRE might help.
    Yep I run it as Admin - that's the box that pops up, the permissions thing.

    I've just noticed I needed a Java update, so that's installing now and I'll see how it goes.

    Cheers!

  19. #719

  20. #720
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terras-FM View Post
    The £435 lenovo at ebuyer is much better than that laptop for a lower price.

  21. #721
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Found a decent sub-£400 deal some people might be interested in. http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-g...i-quidc/791107

  22. #722
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terras-FM View Post
    15 to 20 with 40k players.

  23. #723
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanstuff View Post
    Found a decent sub-£400 deal some people might be interested in. http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-g...i-quidc/791107
    Quite good if you upgrade RAM.

  24. #724
    Moderator
    Join Date
    3rd June 2007
    Location
    Lucas Radebe's boot bag
    Posts
    11,041

    Default

    so i finally bit the bullet and got myself a laptop

    its a dell inspiron n5010

    specs are :

    i5 @ 2.52ghz
    4gb ddr3 ram
    500gb HDD
    radeon 5470 mobility

    how do you think it will run fm 11? leagues etc?

  25. #725
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by welshace View Post
    so i finally bit the bullet and got myself a laptop

    its a dell inspiron n5010

    specs are :

    i5 @ 2.52ghz
    4gb ddr3 ram
    500gb HDD
    radeon 5470 mobility

    how do you think it will run fm 11? leagues etc?
    How much did that cost?

  26. #726
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by welshace View Post
    so i finally bit the bullet and got myself a laptop

    its a dell inspiron n5010

    specs are :

    i5 @ 2.52ghz
    4gb ddr3 ram
    500gb HDD
    radeon 5470 mobility

    how do you think it will run fm 11? leagues etc?
    25 to 30 leagues with 60k players. 3D on high.
    Nice purchase

  27. #727
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    does anyone know which processor is better? http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-C...r.23753.0.html

    http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Phe...r.31535.0.html i dont know but it looks like the specs on the second one is higher

  28. #728
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    The i3 one is better in my opinion.

  29. #729
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    any reasons why mate (looking to get 1 of these)

  30. #730
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th November 2008
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Any good? 3d capability and a decent amount of leagues?

    DELL INSPIRON 1546 LAPTOP
    AMD Turion X2 Dual Core RM-74 2.20GHz Processor
    2.0 GB DDR2 Dual-Channel Memory (800MHz)
    250 GB SATA Hard Drive
    DVD RW DRIVE
    15.6" Widescreen XGA (1366 x 768) with TrueLife
    Resolution: 1366 x 768
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 - 512MB Graphics JCard
    Intel High Definition Audio 2.0

    Advice appreciated!

  31. #731
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jch View Post
    Any good? 3d capability and a decent amount of leagues?

    DELL INSPIRON 1546 LAPTOP
    AMD Turion X2 Dual Core RM-74 2.20GHz Processor
    2.0 GB DDR2 Dual-Channel Memory (800MHz)
    250 GB SATA Hard Drive
    DVD RW DRIVE
    15.6" Widescreen XGA (1366 x 768) with TrueLife
    Resolution: 1366 x 768
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 - 512MB Graphics JCard
    Intel High Definition Audio 2.0

    Advice appreciated!
    It should run the 3D OK on high or medium at the very least. The processor is kind of crappy though, worse than my machine from Jan 07 so not many leagues. I wouldn't pay very much for anything with specs like that.

  32. #732
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th January 2005
    Location
    Wherever you are.
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I'm looking to buy a new notebook in a few months. How important is it to have a separate graphic card as opposed to an integrated card? I'm hoping to get a i5 processor with 4 GB of Ram.

    How well will the 3d run with an integrated card?

  33. #733
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th October 2004
    Posts
    66

    Default

    A number of us have PC's that will run anywhere from 30 to all leagues comfortably (ie i7's, 6 cores etc) but will we experience the big lag times 20-30 years into the game? Will the lags be significant & what's the best way to combat these lags? Or if we have a fast enough pc, we won't experience much lag even witha lot of leagues?

  34. #734
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th September 2010
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoGBoYz View Post
    A number of us have PC's that will run anywhere from 30 to all leagues comfortably (ie i7's, 6 cores etc) but will we experience the big lag times 20-30 years into the game? Will the lags be significant & what's the best way to combat these lags? Or if we have a fast enough pc, we won't experience much lag even witha lot of leagues?
    I'd like to know the same really, my laptop is easily running FM10 with around 35 leagues loaded (15 years is the furthest ive got before my file was corrupted so its not fully regens) will i still be able to run similair amounts of leagues.

    Also a kind of related issue, In FM10 it said there was a 125000 person limit on the database, is this to do with PC spec??? If not is it still present in FM11 and if so can i remove it???

  35. #735
    Third Team
    Join Date
    24th November 2008
    Location
    Aussie fella.
    Posts
    6,985

    Default

    Yep its to do with your PC spec as mine was limited to 75000.

  36. #736
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    does anyone know which processor is better? http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-C...r.23753.0.html

    http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Phe...r.31535.0.html i dont know but it looks like the specs on the second one is higher
    As TigerTime said i3 is slightly bettert than n620.

  37. #737
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jch View Post
    Any good? 3d capability and a decent amount of leagues?

    DELL INSPIRON 1546 LAPTOP
    AMD Turion X2 Dual Core RM-74 2.20GHz Processor
    2.0 GB DDR2 Dual-Channel Memory (800MHz)
    250 GB SATA Hard Drive
    DVD RW DRIVE
    15.6" Widescreen XGA (1366 x 768) with TrueLife
    Resolution: 1366 x 768
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 - 512MB Graphics JCard
    Intel High Definition Audio 2.0

    Advice appreciated!
    3D on high and 10 leagues.

  38. #738
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamnobody View Post
    I'm looking to buy a new notebook in a few months. How important is it to have a separate graphic card as opposed to an integrated card? I'm hoping to get a i5 processor with 4 GB of Ram.

    How well will the 3d run with an integrated card?
    A separate card will be much better than an integrated card. Not necessary on a budget though.

  39. #739
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoGBoYz View Post
    A number of us have PC's that will run anywhere from 30 to all leagues comfortably (ie i7's, 6 cores etc) but will we experience the big lag times 20-30 years into the game? Will the lags be significant & what's the best way to combat these lags? Or if we have a fast enough pc, we won't experience much lag even witha lot of leagues?
    Running lesser league/players can help with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Also a kind of related issue, In FM10 it said there was a 125000 person limit on the database, is this to do with PC spec??? If not is it still present in FM11 and if so can i remove it???
    Think not. I get the same 125000 limit on my crappy laptop.
    And its not a limit though, you 'can' load more players.

  40. #740
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th January 2005
    Posts
    6

    Default

    With regards to the 125000 players recommended limit. Is it possible to go over it without too much hassle on the following system?

    i7 860
    6GB dDR3 1600mhz Ram (I know it's not running in dual channel mode with this motherboard and setup.)
    Radeon HD5850
    60GB SSD

    Hopefully the SSD will make a difference. It certainly does with general system performance. And I always thought FM was held back by accessing the data on the HDD.

  41. #741
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buceph View Post
    With regards to the 125000 players recommended limit. Is it possible to go over it without too much hassle on the following system?

    i7 860
    6GB dDR3 1600mhz Ram (I know it's not running in dual channel mode with this motherboard and setup.) <------Its in tri-channel.
    Radeon HD5850
    60GB SSD

    Hopefully the SSD will make a difference. It certainly does with general system performance. And I always thought FM was held back by accessing the data on the HDD.
    I recommend not going over the limit tbf. IMO No one should go over 80,000.

  42. #742
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th October 2007
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Silly question maybe, but what is the difference between window 7 home premium and windows 7 home premium 64 bit?

    Many thanks

  43. #743
    Moderator
    Join Date
    3rd June 2007
    Location
    Lucas Radebe's boot bag
    Posts
    11,041

    Default

    ssd will help... but the game wont recognise it as such.. therefore ignore the limit it puts on your game and go over it...

    as for the limit itself.. ie the 125000 players thing... it takes your processor and ram into account when calculating this.. .and it its in fm2011 btw...

    my laptop is runn

  44. #744
    Moderator
    Join Date
    3rd June 2007
    Location
    Lucas Radebe's boot bag
    Posts
    11,041

    Default

    64 bit is for those with over 2gb ram... 32 bit OS's cant recognize anything over 2...

  45. #745
    Moderator
    Join Date
    3rd June 2007
    Location
    Lucas Radebe's boot bag
    Posts
    11,041

    Default

    i can pretty much guarantee that your limit will be more than 125000

  46. #746
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th November 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    57

    Default

    I have had a problem because everytime i attend a match my name does not come up when it say that i am in the stands watching the game and i thought it was a big problem in the demo, because i like to attend matches so that when the news come up and says that mr .................. was at the match but sometimes it does not do it and i find this a big strange about it.

  47. #747
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    As TigerTime said i3 is slightly bettert than n620.
    is there any reasons why it is better? (sos i just want to know more)

  48. #748
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th December 2008
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I can run FM11 demo on my Mac (Snow Leopard 10.6.5) but once running it, to access other applications or the home screen I have to quit the game. This never happened on my XP. Any suggestions?

  49. #749
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hodgey78 View Post
    Silly question maybe, but what is the difference between window 7 home premium and windows 7 home premium 64 bit?

    Many thanks
    What Welshace says except that its 4GB and not 2GB
    Quote Originally Posted by welshace View Post
    64 bit is for those with over 2gb ram... 32 bit OS's cant recognize anything over 2...
    Last edited by Ishu; 03-11-2010 at 18:43.

  50. #750
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by welshace View Post
    ssd will help... but the game wont recognise it as such.. therefore ignore the limit it puts on your game and go over it...

    as for the limit itself.. ie the 125000 players thing... it takes your processor and ram into account when calculating this.. .and it its in fm2011 btw...

    my laptop is runn
    I have a T2370 Dual core 1.73GHz and 2GB RAM. I still get 125000 player limit.

  51. #751
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manu.123 View Post
    I have had a problem because everytime i attend a match my name does not come up when it say that i am in the stands watching the game and i thought it was a big problem in the demo, because i like to attend matches so that when the news come up and says that mr .................. was at the match but sometimes it does not do it and i find this a big strange about it.
    Create a new thread in GD.

  52. #752
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    is there any reasons why it is better? (sos i just want to know more)
    Its new architecture buddy. Its got a 3mb L3 Cache vs 2mb L2Cache of n620.

  53. #753
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hodgey78 View Post
    Silly question maybe, but what is the difference between window 7 home premium and windows 7 home premium 64 bit?

    Many thanks
    64 bit can utilize over 3.5GB of RAM, 32 bit can't.

  54. #754
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th October 2010
    Posts
    68

    Default

    How many leagues could I run with this PC ?

    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
    Graphics: ATI Radeon 5770 1024MB GDDR5 Graphics
    O/S: Windows 7 64 bit

    Thanks

  55. #755
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorrorriM View Post
    How many leagues could I run with this PC ?

    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
    Graphics: ATI Radeon 5770 1024MB GDDR5 Graphics
    O/S: Windows 7 64 bit

    Thanks
    All with 80k players.

  56. #756
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th October 2010
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Thanks - what would I need to do to increase it to 125k players?

  57. #757
    Moderator
    Join Date
    3rd June 2007
    Location
    Lucas Radebe's boot bag
    Posts
    11,041

    Default

    not a lot mate... i think ishu's being a bit conservative..

    with 4gb ram and that processor you should be fine with that many players for a good 20-30 years in game before it becomes slow

    but thats just an opinion

  58. #758
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorrorriM View Post
    Thanks - what would I need to do to increase it to 125k players?
    You 'can' load 125k players but I don't recommend it. Daily player training processing is single core only so your hexacore won't help.

  59. #759
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by welshace View Post
    with 4gb ram and that processor you should be fine with that many players for a good 20-30 years in game before it becomes slow
    Asked this around in a few threads, people say that the gam does NOT get slow after so many seasons. I can't even find a logic why it would.

  60. #760
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th February 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    My laptop pc specifications are:

    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)
    Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: MCP67
    BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
    Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
    Memory: 1982MB RAM
    Page File: 1372MB used, 2833MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0531&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2
    Display Memory: 793 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 57 MB
    Shared Memory: 735 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor: Monitor PnP genérico
    Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll
    Driver Version: 7.15.0011.7991 (English)
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    BGRA Supported: Yes
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 6/24/2009 06:08:00, 5976064 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes


    And my navigation menu demo is toooo slowwwww. Please friends, help, thanks

  61. #761
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
    And my navigation menu demo is toooo slowwwww. Please friends, help, thanks
    Use a disk defragmenter and CCleaner. Google for them.

  62. #762
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th December 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    does anyone know how many leagues i can run with this srtup

    AMD Phenom II X4 965 3400ghz Black Edition

    4 gb ddr3 ram

  63. #763
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    15th January 2006
    Location
    Mid North Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    This might come across as a bit braggish but i just built myself a new system and would like to know if it could comfortably run almost everything:

    Intel i7-960 3.2Ghz CPU
    256GB Corsair SSD + 2x 500GB Seagate HDD
    12GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
    2x XFX GT8800 PCI-E 768GB Graphics Cards (these are holdovers from my last system)
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

  64. #764
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch12 View Post
    does anyone know how many leagues i can run with this srtup

    AMD Phenom II X4 965 3400ghz Black Edition

    4 gb ddr3 ram
    40 leagues with 80k players

  65. #765
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avstwentyone View Post
    This might come across as a bit braggish but i just built myself a new system and would like to know if it could comfortably run almost everything:

    Intel i7-960 3.2Ghz CPU
    256GB Corsair SSD + 2x 500GB Seagate HDD
    12GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
    2x XFX GT8800 PCI-E 768GB Graphics Cards (these are holdovers from my last system)
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Yes, all leagues.
    Too much bragging.
    Last edited by Ishu; 03-11-2010 at 22:17. Reason: Grammer

  66. #766
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th October 2010
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    You 'can' load 125k players but I don't recommend it. Daily player training processing is single core only so your hexacore won't help.
    So in this instance it is more a question of how patient one is as opposed to how good their pc is?

    Thanks Ishu and Welshace

  67. #767
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th December 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    40 leagues with 80k players
    oh thought it would be more than that

  68. #768
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorrorriM View Post
    So in this instance it is more a question of how patient one is as opposed to how good their pc is?

    Thanks Ishu and Welshace
    Even no of leagues is dependent on patience.

  69. #769
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch12 View Post
    oh thought it would be more than that
    40 leagues is quite a lot. You can load more if you are patient.

  70. #770
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    ISHU:

    I THINK I HAVE JUST FOUND THE PERFECT LAPTOP FOR UNDER £500 here are the specs:

    wat do you think?

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...7C16164797.htm

    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pav...74346-pdt.html or this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...7C16164797.htm
    Very similar
    Acer - Better CPU, Better Graphic Card. (Both nearly unnoticable)
    HP - Better screen, Better Build quality.

    Acer is 17" while HP is 15". Depends if you are going to carry it around.

    I would go with the HP just for th build quality.
    Seen a few acers whose screens don't work at certain angles after a few years.

  71. #771
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th December 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    40 leagues is quite a lot. You can load more if you are patient.
    how slow would you say it would go

  72. #772
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch12 View Post
    how slow would you say it would go
    Will take 3 seconds more per matchday.
    I'm Kidding. No way to find that out.

  73. #773
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    how many leagues and players on both laptops, if i am a patient guy? and how long will the acer last me for
    25 leagues (maybe even 30) with 30 to 40k players.
    2 years.

  74. #774
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    not to sound stupid but what do you mean by better build quality
    Err build quality is build quality.
    Acer has a plasticy feeling to it. The reason they have lower cost laptops is the use of low quality stuff.

    Read up on Acer build quality here.
    Last edited by Ishu; 03-11-2010 at 23:13. Reason: link

  75. #775
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Err build quality is build quality.
    Acer has a plasticy feeling to it. The reason they have lower cost laptops is the use of low quality stuff.

    Read up on Acer build quality here.
    Oh thanks. It's hard finding good value for laptops these days.

  76. #776
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    Oh thanks. It's hard finding good value for laptops these days.
    Yeah. Though you can build a monster of a PC for that money. Daz got one and runs all leagues.

  77. #777
    Moderator
    Join Date
    3rd June 2007
    Location
    Lucas Radebe's boot bag
    Posts
    11,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Asked this around in a few threads, people say that the gam does NOT get slow after so many seasons. I can't even find a logic why it would.
    it certainly does slow down... as someone who has run fm for years on systems at the lower end.... the game eats the processor up after a few seasons.. you can help by clearing the mem cache etc and in fact.. there were a few 3rd party programs to do this to help..

  78. #778
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    Oh thanks. It's hard finding good value for laptops these days.
    Don't understand why you hate that £435 Lenovo so much as it's better value than all of those you posted at £500.

  79. #779
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by welshace View Post
    it certainly does slow down... as someone who has run fm for years on systems at the lower end.... the game eats the processor up after a few seasons.. you can help by clearing the mem cache etc and in fact.. there were a few 3rd party programs to do this to help..

    I'm only guessing but could it be something to do with the information the game needs to keep in memory eventually eating up all the RAM FM allows itself to use, with the result that the game has to spend a lot of time paging?

  80. #780
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th November 2007
    Posts
    147

    Default

    How many stars you figure is still very acceptable when loading an x amount of leagues with a large database. I'm always afraid of going under 4 stars.

  81. #781
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bisk View Post
    How many stars you figure is still very acceptable when loading an x amount of leagues with a large database. I'm always afraid of going under 4 stars.
    Star rating didn't work in FM10 and FM11 isn't out yet

  82. #782
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by welshace View Post
    it certainly does slow down... as someone who has run fm for years on systems at the lower end.... the game eats the processor up after a few seasons.. you can help by clearing the mem cache etc and in fact.. there were a few 3rd party programs to do this to help..
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanstuff View Post
    I'm only guessing but could it be something to do with the information the game needs to keep in memory eventually eating up all the RAM FM allows itself to use, with the result that the game has to spend a lot of time paging?
    But there's nothing extra that has to be processed. Match reports get deleted, Leagues will obv be the same, no of players remains nearly same. Only thing that is "extra" is player histories and I don't think thats even paged.

  83. #783
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    22nd April 2002
    Location
    Trying to keep clear of relegation
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    How many leagues could I run with this PC ?

    Processor: Pentium Dual core T4200 2.00 Ghz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    Graphics: mobile intel gma 4500m
    O/S: Windows vista 32 bit

    Thanks in advance.

  84. #784
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    How many leagues with how many players will I be able to run on this machine?

    Thanks for your earlier advice Ishu, unfortunately by the time I decided some of the best offers had elapsed so I think I'm going to go for this one instead? Good shout? They will basically cost £330 each after a small discount and the cash rebate. Will it be hard wearing?

  85. #785
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
    How many leagues could I run with this PC ?

    Processor: Pentium Dual core T4200 2.00 Ghz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    Graphics: mobile intel gma 4500m
    O/S: Windows vista 32 bit

    Thanks in advance.
    15 leagues with 25k players

  86. #786
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovehopepeace View Post
    How many leagues with how many players will I be able to run on this machine?

    Thanks for your earlier advice Ishu, unfortunately by the time I decided some of the best offers had elapsed so I think I'm going to go for this one instead? Good shout? They will basically cost £330 each after a small discount and the cash rebate. Will it be hard wearing?
    Looks good, just add another 2GB of RAM if you want.
    20 leagues with 30 to 40k players.

  87. #787
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    22nd April 2002
    Location
    Trying to keep clear of relegation
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    @Ishu

    Thanks for quick reply.

  88. #788
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Cheers Ishu, you really are a hero. What do you think another 2gb of RAM would give me, in terms of increasing number of players I can use?

  89. #789
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovehopepeace View Post
    Cheers Ishu, you really are a hero. What do you think another 2gb of RAM would give me, in terms of increasing number of players I can use?
    No but it'll be better for long term games and better day to day use.

  90. #790
    Reserves
    Join Date
    28th June 2007
    Posts
    11,092

    Default

    2.66 GHz Intel Quad Core i7
    4GB RAM
    500GB HDD

    I tried to play 55000 players, 15 leagues from 10 countries, and it gave me 2/5 stars

    How many leagues should I be loading? Long term, journeyman save.

  91. #791
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candre168 View Post
    2.66 GHz Intel Quad Core i7
    4GB RAM
    500GB HDD

    I tried to play 55000 players, 15 leagues from 10 countries, and it gave me 2/5 stars

    How many leagues should I be loading? Long term, journeyman save.
    If thats i7 920
    load all leagues with 50k players.

  92. #792
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st July 2004
    Location
    HMP Ford
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jo_Myers View Post
    I can run FM11 demo on my Mac (Snow Leopard 10.6.5) but once running it, to access other applications or the home screen I have to quit the game. This never happened on my XP. Any suggestions?
    Is this just because you are running it in full screen? Press cmd + shift + F to change to windowed mode.

  93. #793
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th September 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Ok i need some help please:

    My current laptop has a:

    AMD Athlon Dual Core M300
    4GB RAM
    Windows 64 Bit

    This one has:

    AMD Phenom II X4 quad core N930
    3GB RAM
    Windows 64 Bit

    Would the 2nd one be much faster than my current one?
    Cheers

  94. #794
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th November 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hi,

    Could someone tell me how the laptop with the specs below would cope with regards FM2011 no. of leagues/players - Thanks.

    Sony VAIO VPCEE2S1E/BQ

    Processor AMD Phenom™ II X3 Processor P820
    - 1.8 GHz
    - 1.8 GHz HT
    - 1.5MB L2 Cache
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    RAM 4GB
    Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5145 Graphics
    Screen type LCD Screen resolution 1366 x 768 Screen size 15.5"
    Hard drive 320GB

  95. #795
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3D_Alex View Post
    Ok i need some help please:

    My current laptop has a:

    AMD Athlon Dual Core M300
    4GB RAM
    Windows 64 Bit

    This one has:

    AMD Phenom II X4 quad core N930
    3GB RAM
    Windows 64 Bit

    Would the 2nd one be much faster than my current one?
    Cheers
    First one would run around 15 leagues with 80,000 players, the second would run 30 leagues with 60,000 players.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMAC79 View Post
    Hi,

    Could someone tell me how the laptop with the specs below would cope with regards FM2011 no. of leagues/players - Thanks.

    Sony VAIO VPCEE2S1E/BQ

    Processor AMD Phenom™ II X3 Processor P820
    - 1.8 GHz
    - 1.8 GHz HT
    - 1.5MB L2 Cache
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    RAM 4GB
    Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5145 Graphics
    Screen type LCD Screen resolution 1366 x 768 Screen size 15.5"
    Hard drive 320GB
    25 leagues, 80,000 players. Graphics will run smooth on high.
    Last edited by TigerTime; 04-11-2010 at 20:41.

  96. #796
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th November 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Thanks for the quick reply TigerTime.

  97. #797
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Your welcome.

  98. #798
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th October 2009
    Posts
    406

    Default

    I have:
    Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHZ
    2GB
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB DDR3
    Windows XP

    What can I expect on FM11?

  99. #799
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3D_Alex View Post
    Ok i need some help please:

    My current laptop has a:

    AMD Athlon Dual Core M300
    4GB RAM
    Windows 64 Bit

    This one has:

    AMD Phenom II X4 quad core N930
    3GB RAM
    Windows 64 Bit

    Would the 2nd one be much faster than my current one?
    Cheers
    1st one - 10 leagues with 20k players.
    2nd one - 25 leagues with 40k players.

  100. #800
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makollig Jezvahted View Post
    I have:
    Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHZ
    2GB
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB DDR3
    Windows XP

    What can I expect on FM11?
    8 leagues with 15 to 20k players.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts