+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 2120

Thread: FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

  1. #1
    Reserves
    Join Date
    12th December 2006
    Posts
    11,655

    Default FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

    In case you missed it, the system requirements for FM2011 are listed below. They're the same as FM2010's so chances are if you can run FM2010, you will be able to run FM2011. If you're still uncertain, you will be able to try a demo which will *probably* be released around two weeks before the 5th November release date.

    You can use this thread to ask for advice on anything computer related, whether it be about buying a new computer, upgrading or about how FM will run on your current computer.

    I've closed the old thread so we can focus on advice for FM2011, if you had any unanswered questions in there, please feel free to post them again in here.



    PC System Requirements
    OS: Windows XP/Vista/W7
    Processor: XP : 1.4GHz or Faster, Vista/W7 : 2.0GHz or Faster
    Memory: XP : 512MB RAM, Vista/W7 : 1.0GB RAM
    Graphics: 128MB Supported Chipsets - Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater. Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported
    DirectX®: Version 9.0c (included)
    Hard Drive: 2GB
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    Mac System Requirements
    OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later.
    Processor: Intel Processor
    Memory: 2GB
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 or greater

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd February 2008
    Posts
    15

    Default

    the same as FM2010's ?very good~

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th June 2010
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Inter Quad core 2.4 Ghz with 6GB RAM(using the 32 bit version of Win 7 at the moment but will change to the 64 bit to take a full control over my RAM)

    How many leagues will I be able to open with no problems ?

  4. #4
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    I know, it's impressive. The ME looks brilliant this year so I'm surprised the graphic card specs have stayed the same. Well done SI.

  5. #5
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErnestSinay View Post
    Inter Quad core 2.4 Ghz with 6GB RAM(using the 32 bit version of Win 7 at the moment but will change to the 64 bit to take a full control over my RAM)

    How many leagues will I be able to open with no problems ?
    The same number as you could on FM10. You will be able to get a more accurate prediction using the star rating system, when starting up a new game, but I'd say around 40,000 players and 20 leagues should run fine.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th June 2010
    Posts
    39

    Default

    its weird cuz right now I have loaded 3 leagues from 3 different countries with Large DB and i'm having 4.5 Stars from 5.
    If I load 1 more league,the rating system will be reduced to 4 stars and so on.
    Maybe its cuz i have the 32 bit Win 7 ? thats why i'm thinking to install the 64 bit version of the Win 7. (or there wont be any difference ?)

  7. #7
    Reserves
    Join Date
    12th December 2006
    Posts
    11,655

    Default

    I think it's unlikely that you'll notice much difference. I'd also take the star rating system with a pinch of salt, my latest game was only 2 star setup but I think it runs fine.

  8. #8
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErnestSinay View Post
    its weird cuz right now I have loaded 3 leagues from 3 different countries with Large DB and i'm having 4.5 Stars from 5.
    If I load 1 more league,the rating system will be reduced to 4 stars and so on.
    Maybe its cuz i have the 32 bit Win 7 ? thats why i'm thinking to install the 64 bit version of the Win 7. (or there wont be any difference ?)
    Star system doesnot work in FM10.
    64bit will be very useful. 32bit can only read 3.5GB RAM. your 2.5 GB is wasted right now.

    And I'd say 30-40 leagues with 100,000 players.

  9. #9
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigertime
    I wouldn't get an integrated card as it means you will not be able to upgrade your graphics card
    He can.
    An ATI card will/can run in Xfire with the integrated graphic card. This means that both the integrated card and this card will work together.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd December 2009
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Interesting this is posted now... not suggesting anything but... I guess it would let people know if the demo will work and save those "its not working" threads.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th June 2010
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Star system doesnot work in FM10.
    64bit will be very useful. 32bit can only read 3.5GB RAM. your 2.5 GB is wasted right now.

    And I'd say 30-40 leagues with 100,000 players.
    Sounds awesome.Definetley going to upgrade my machine to the 64 bit version.

  12. #12
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    14th August 2008
    Posts
    1,384

    Default

    I know, they are denying about the demo this Friday and they go and open this. Seems like they want people to continue asking and flooding the forums

  13. #13
    Reserves
    Join Date
    12th December 2006
    Posts
    11,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMunch View Post
    Interesting this is posted now... not suggesting anything but... I guess it would let people know if the demo will work and save those "its not working" threads.
    I don't work for SI, I know as much (or as little) as any of you so let's keep the speculation out of this thread please

  14. #14
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd December 2009
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Fair enough mate!

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th September 2007
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErnestSinay View Post
    Sounds awesome.Definetley going to upgrade my machine to the 64 bit version.
    Be aware though, that FM is still a 32-bit app so won't be able to utilise all that memory. Running lots of applications at once will be the main benefit.

  16. #16
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danfraser View Post
    Be aware though, that FM is still a 32-bit app so won't be able to utilise all that memory. Running lots of applications at once will be the main benefit.
    But FM would not have to share the 3.5 GB with anything.

  17. #17
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    26th November 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Has the "stars" ratings for game speed, etc, been fixed in FM11? Will they be a useful tool in the upcoming version?

  18. #18
    Third Team
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    8,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dankrzyz View Post
    Has the "stars" ratings for game speed, etc, been fixed in FM11? Will they be a useful tool in the upcoming version?
    They said it will be fixed.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th June 2010
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danfraser View Post
    Be aware though, that FM is still a 32-bit app so won't be able to utilise all that memory. Running lots of applications at once will be the main benefit.
    But having 6GB of RAM might help a lot instead of having just 3.5GB used at the moment,right ?

  20. #20
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Having 6gb would help as it would give your applications, other than FM, more memory to use.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th June 2010
    Posts
    39

    Default

    So it wont help me run FM faster and open more leagues ?

  22. #22
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErnestSinay View Post
    So it wont help me run FM faster and open more leagues ?
    Suppose windows is using 1GB RAM while playing.........
    In 32bit, you can only use 3.5GB for everthing inlcluding FM, Windows, Antivirus etc.
    FM - 2.5GB
    Windows + others - 1GB

    In 64bit, you can use all of 6GB but FM will be limited to 3.5 GB.
    FM - 3.5GB
    Windows + others - 1GB
    Free - 1.5GB

    So yes, it will help.

  23. #23
    Third Team
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    8,121

    Default

    I think FM11 will be able to use 4GM of RAM. I read it here on the forums somewhere.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th June 2010
    Posts
    39

    Default

    so if the game will use 4GB it means it will run faster.i hope hehe

  25. #25
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Location
    The edge of a precapice.
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Is there a limit of what FM will use? RAM wise.

  26. #26
    Reserves
    Join Date
    12th December 2006
    Posts
    11,655

    Default

    2GB on a 32-bit OS, 4GB on a 64-bit OS.

  27. #27
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th September 2008
    Posts
    550

    Default

    I have a laptop with 1.6 Core 2 Duo, 384 MB Intel Gma 965(shared memory) graphic card and 4 gig ram, but Windows XP reads only 2.99,so if i update to Windows 7 will FM run faster or i shouldn't bother?

  28. #28
    Third Team
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    8,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FM1000 View Post
    I have a laptop with 1.6 Core 2 Duo, 384 MB Intel Gma 965(shared memory) graphic card and 4 gig ram, but Windows XP reads only 2.99,so if i update to Windows 7 will FM run faster or i shouldn't bother?
    It will. I have 4GB of DDR2 RAM and have XP Professional Service Pack 2. So, it uses 'only' 3.5 GB of RAM. I plan until FM comes out to switch to Windows 7 64-bit wich will use all of my 4 GB of RAM and so will FM11.

  29. #29
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    It will. I have 4GB of DDR2 RAM and have XP Professional Service Pack 2. So, it uses 'only' 3.5 GB of RAM. I plan until FM comes out to switch to Windows 7 64-bit wich will use all of my 4 GB of RAM and so will FM11.
    Seconded .

  30. #30
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    It will. I have 4GB of DDR2 RAM and have XP Professional Service Pack 2. So, it uses 'only' 3.5 GB of RAM. I plan until FM comes out to switch to Windows 7 64-bit wich will use all of my 4 GB of RAM and so will FM11.
    Fabio, if your thinking of getting Windows 7, buy it on ebay. There's many cheap offers there which are a lot lower than the retail price.

  31. #31
    Third Team
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    8,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Fabio, if your thinking of getting Windows 7, buy it on ebay. There's many cheap offers there which are a lot lower than the retail price.
    Cheers mate. was thinking of buying Ultimate version.

  32. #32
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

  33. #33
    Third Team
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    8,121

    Default

    Thanks mate.

    Cheers.

  34. #34
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Glad to be of assistance.

  35. #35
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Location
    The edge of a precapice.
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neji View Post
    2GB on a 32-bit OS, 4GB on a 64-bit OS.
    cheers what about cores? What is the max it will utilise?

  36. #36
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dazbowski View Post
    cheers what about cores? What is the max it will utilise?
    I have seen 8.

  37. #37
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Location
    The edge of a precapice.
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    I have seen 8.
    Cool, i ended up going with this http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=6Z3W

    so fm should recognise all cores, which will inturn run fm very quickly?

  38. #38
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Location
    The edge of a precapice.
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Ishu, i pretty much went with your specs except i knocked down the ram to 4 gig and went with this graphics card http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=750W

  39. #39
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Stick with what you have chosen now daz. You have a nice set up.

  40. #40
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dazbowski View Post
    Ishu, i pretty much went with your specs except i knocked down the ram to 4 gig and went with this graphics card http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=750W
    Great. I still think that waiting 2 - 3 weeks will be worth it. ATI is releasing new cards.
    You can then either go for the new cards or get the current cards at slashed prices.

  41. #41
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Location
    The edge of a precapice.
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Stick with what you have chosen now daz. You have a nice set up.
    I have it's all been ordered!

  42. #42
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Location
    The edge of a precapice.
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Great. I still think that waiting 2 - 3 weeks will be worth it. ATI is releasing new cards.
    You can then either go for the new cards or get the current cards at slashed prices.
    I'm too impatient and the card I went for is top notch in it's range so it'll do me for ages also the mobo i went for has space fr 2 cards if i ever need to upgrade!

  43. #43
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dazbowski View Post
    I'm too impatient and the card I went for is top notch in it's range so it'll do me for ages also the mobo i went for has space fr 2 cards if i ever need to upgrade!
    Congrats then. PM the pics when you get it please.

  44. #44
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Good luck daz. FM11 will run brilliantly on your new set up. Hopefully it'll be ready for November the 5th!

  45. #45
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Location
    The edge of a precapice.
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    cheers guys, should be readt in 2 weeks, now i've got such a good setup i'm gonna invest in a few other games. Will start with fifa 11. Is the xbox 360 controller still the best?

  46. #46
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Location
    The edge of a precapice.
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Just curious now seen as i've ordered but am I right in saying this would run FM quicker http://www.dabs.com/products/amd-phe...ssor-6Z3W.html

    than this? http://www.dabs.com/products/amd-ath...b-l2-73VK.html seen as there's nearly £70 difference.

    I'm trying to understand how they work. For instance the 4 core one is 2.9 ghz and the 6 core one is 2.8ghz so at first glance you would think the cheaper one was quicker. Now I don't run much stuff on my pc (security suit, ie) so how is it, if it does will the 6 core 2.8 gh zone run FM faster.

    Also do most new games use all the cores or is FM one of only a few? I'm starting to think was it worth the extra cash.

    cheers

  47. #47
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    First one will be better as they're round about the same speed, but the first one has more cores.

    Most modern games utilise 8 cores now.

  48. #48
    Amateur
    Join Date
    31st October 2009
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Good to see it's just about as same as fm10 ^^

  49. #49
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dazbowski View Post
    cheers guys, should be readt in 2 weeks, now i've got such a good setup i'm gonna invest in a few other games. Will start with fifa 11. Is the xbox 360 controller still the best?
    I've the xbox 360 controller and it is immense. The buttons are very smash friendly. D-pad sucks though.

    Quote Originally Posted by dazbowski View Post
    Also do most new games use all the cores or is FM one of only a few? I'm starting to think was it worth the extra cash.
    cheers
    The first one will defo be faster.

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Most modern games utilise 8 cores now.
    Not really. Very few games utilise even two cores at once. Thats why many people recommend dual core for gaming.
    This changing fast though.

  50. #50
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Location
    The edge of a precapice.
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    I've the xbox 360 controller and it is immense. The buttons are very smash friendly. D-pad sucks though.


    The first one will defo be faster.


    Not really. Very few games utilise even two cores at once. Thats why many people recommend dual core for gaming.
    This changing fast though.
    Also the fact that the x6 has the ability to basically shut down 3 cores and divert the power so i'll have three 3.4 ghz processors is good!

  51. #51
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th March 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Release the demo allready....

  52. #52
    Third Team
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    8,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel86 View Post
    Release the demo allready....
    Next week.

  53. #53
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th July 2008
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Lads I have after buying a new Laptop....Will this Video card run it I have loads of memory and 55.9 GB...be able to run it?...Hoping so lads need to get back into FM again!

    Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset

  54. #54
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FootyKing View Post
    No I bought it in a second hand shop but they said they updated most of it except the Video card has stayed the same just want to know can it hold FM11?
    OK. Now right click my computer, Select Properties.
    Tell me what it says.

  55. #55
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2007
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Hello,

    Can you please tell me how many leagues i can run with large database?

    Intel® Core2 Duo T7500(2.20 GHz)

    3 GB RAM

    Thank you.

  56. #56
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th March 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    What are your experience on running FM10 on integrated graphics? 3d lagging? I´m planning on buying a desktop computer but because of a limited budget I won´t be able to buy a "real" graphic card. If I have understood it correctly you are able to add a graphic card later on even if you run on integrated graphics.

  57. #57
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Ishu

    That's what I was trying to get at. Most PC games coming out now utilise around 8 cores.

    Quote Originally Posted by aliatam View Post
    Hello,

    Can you please tell me how many leagues i can run with large database?

    Intel® Core2 Duo T7500(2.20 GHz)

    3 GB RAM

    Thank you.
    20 with around 45,000 players. Use the star system for a more accurate answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by ato View Post
    What are your experience on running FM10 on integrated graphics? 3d lagging? I´m planning on buying a desktop computer but because of a limited budget I won´t be able to buy a "real" graphic card. If I have understood it correctly you are able to add a graphic card later on even if you run on integrated graphics.
    I have an integrated card and it runs FM 3d pretty decent actually. You should be fine. If you do find there is a little lag however, turn graphics onto low.

  58. #58
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliatam View Post
    Hello,
    Can you please tell me how many leagues i can run with large database?
    20 - 30 leagues with 50,000 to 60,000 players.
    Quote Originally Posted by ato View Post
    What are your experience on running FM10 on integrated graphics? 3d lagging? I´m planning on buying a desktop computer but because of a limited budget I won´t be able to buy a "real" graphic card. If I have understood it correctly you are able to add a graphic card later on even if you run on integrated graphics.
    I was able to run 3D smoothly on a Intel 965GM (X3100).
    TBH any new integrated card can run 3D on high easily.

  59. #59
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    I have an Intel 945GM and 3d runs on high pretty smoothly.

  60. #60
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Ishu

    That's what I was trying to get at. Most PC games coming out now utilise around 8 cores.
    Games are most happy with 3 to 4 cores. Most games prefer a higher clock speed than no of cores.

  61. #61
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2007
    Posts
    175

    Default

    [QUOTE=Ishu;5979574]20 - 30 leagues with 50,000 to 60,000 players.

    Hello,

    When you say 20-30 leagues, do you mean 20-30 seperate leagues or let's say 10 leagues with lower divisions?

    Thank you.

  62. #62
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Location
    The edge of a precapice.
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    [QUOTE=aliatam;5979633]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    20 - 30 leagues with 50,000 to 60,000 players.

    Hello,

    When you say 20-30 leagues, do you mean 20-30 seperate leagues or let's say 10 leagues with lower divisions?

    Thank you.
    Leagues are leagues, countries are countries!

  63. #63
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliatam View Post
    Hello,

    When you say 20-30 leagues, do you mean 20-30 seperate leagues or let's say 10 leagues with lower divisions?

    Thank you.
    20 seperate leagues.

    EPL to L2 will count as 4 for example.

  64. #64
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th May 2010
    Posts
    222

    Default

    In FM11 I plan to play a long term game with several leagues from each continent loaded. I want to be able to load at least the following: England, Spain & Italy, Brazil & Argentina, Mexico & USA, South Africa & Ghana, South Korea & Australia. There are also a few other leagues I would like to load which are: Uruguay, Egypt, Japan, Germany, Belgium & Holland. I know that is far too many leagues but exactly how many could I load. I just want the top league in every country apart from England, Spain & Italy. My specs are :
    Proccessor - Pentium (R) Dual Core @ 2.10 GHz
    RAM - 3GB
    64-bit OS (Windows 7 btw)
    I have a graphics card and all that stuf aswell

    If I have missed out any specs info please alert me
    Thanks for helping !

  65. #65
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    @CGE97
    10 to 15 leagues and 40,000 to 50,000 players depending on your patience.
    Only load every country if you are very patient and can wait between "Continues".

  66. #66
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th September 2008
    Posts
    47

    Default

    FM10 runs fine for me but the 3D lags abit on high detail. Im gussing its th graphics card.

    Can the card be upgraded? dont really know much about these things.

    My specs-

    System
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    Model HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
    Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
    System type 64-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 2

    Storage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Total size of hard disk(s) 466 GB
    Disk partition (C 308 GB Free (452 GB Total)
    Disk partition (D 2 GB Free (13 GB Total)
    Media drive (E CD/DVD
    Media drive (F CD/DVD

    Graphics
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Display adapter type ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530
    Total available graphics memory 2287 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 1775 MB
    Display adapter driver version 8.632.0.0
    Primary monitor resolution 1600x900
    DirectX version DirectX 10

    What can I do yo spruce up my set up?

    Cheers

  67. #67
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th December 2008
    Location
    Nuneaton
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Where exactly can you find out your system specs on your Laptop? I'm using Vista by the way.

  68. #68
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Ati Radeon HD 4530 is a low end graphics card, in other words it's not really meant for PC gaming.

    Here's a better one https://pc-stop.co.uk/product/ati-vx...r3-tv-dvi-hdtv

    There are many guides on youtube on how to fit a new graphics card.

  69. #69
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th September 2008
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Ati Radeon HD 4530 is a low end graphics card, in other words it's not really meant for PC gaming.

    Here's a better one https://pc-stop.co.uk/product/ati-vx...r3-tv-dvi-hdtv

    There are many guides on youtube on how to fit a new graphics card.
    Thanks! I wasnt sure if the card was built into the laptop. Think I'll be getting a new one for FM11

  70. #70
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th September 2008
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by safcrhys View Post
    Where exactly can you find out your system specs on your Laptop? I'm using Vista by the way.
    Im not sure if Vista is the same as window7 but I found it here-

    Control Panel\System and Security\System

  71. #71
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Poe View Post
    Thanks! I wasnt sure if the card was built into the laptop. Think I'll be getting a new one for FM11
    It's not intergrated, built in, so it can be changed.

  72. #72
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by safcrhys View Post
    Where exactly can you find out your system specs on your Laptop? I'm using Vista by the way.
    Right click My Computer, Properties
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    It's not intergrated, built in, so it can be changed.
    But its a lot more harder to switch laptop cards. With all the wires stuffed in I would not recommend him to do it himself.
    BTW that card should easily run FM 3D on high. If its not running well something is wrong.

  73. #73
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Sorry I have to disagree with you Ishu on this one. Changing graphic cards is around as hard as changing laptop screen, which I did with little difficulty.

    Here's a guide by the way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YEAMMK6sAo

    As for the card itself, at first thoughts I thought it should run FM10 on high but was unsure after a search on the internet revealed it could on play CoD4 on low settings, and even that was stuttery.

  74. #74
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Sorry I have to disagree with you Ishu on this one. Changing graphic cards is around as hard as changing laptop screen, which I did with little difficulty.
    Actually you have to remove the screen to change GFX in most laptops.

  75. #75
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    As for the card itself, at first thoughts I thought it should run FM10 on high but was unsure after a search on the internet revealed it could on play CoD4 on low settings, and even that was stuttery.
    It can run COD4 at 70+ fps on low & 30 on medium. Much better than any Intel card and you and I both play 3D on them. Crysis on low 44fps.
    HERE is a great benchmark of different games.

  76. #76
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th September 2008
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Right click My Computer, Properties

    But its a lot more harder to switch laptop cards. With all the wires stuffed in I would not recommend him to do it himself.
    BTW that card should easily run FM 3D on high. If its not running well something is wrong.
    Hi, the 3D works on high detail but I have to turn off Stadiums, sky, weather ect. On some camera angles its not so good, Behind corner in particular

  77. #77
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Poe View Post
    Hi, the 3D works on high detail but I have to turn off Stadiums, sky, weather ect. On some camera angles its not so good, Behind corner in particular
    Try to maintain/optimize your PC.
    Download and use "Piriform CCleaner", a disk defragment software and remove all junk with an antivirus, antispyware etc. This kinda stuff.
    Try using a software called "Gamebooster"

    If you are on Vista/7,
    Right click the FM shortcut and select properties. Go to compatibility tab and select disable visual themes.

  78. #78
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th July 2008
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Lads how do you get the Information to see my computer spec?........Can You Run it said I was able to run it but I'm on a 5 year old video card?

    CPU Speed: 1.86 GHz Performance Rated at: 2.79 GHz

    RAM: 1015.4 MB Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

    Video Card: Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset
    Video RAM 128 MB 128.0 MB
    Pixel Shader version 2.0 2.0

    VC Driver version
    6.14.10.4693

    Sound Card: SigmaTel C-Major Audio

    Free Disk Space: 55.9 GB

  79. #79
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FootyKing View Post
    Lads how do you get the Information to see my computer spec?........Can You Run it said I was able to run it but I'm on a 5 year old video card?
    Computer specs can be seen by right clicking My computer and selecting Properties

    You will be able to run FM11 with around 8 - 12 leagues with 10,000 to 15,000 players. Also 3D might work.

    I had that graphic card and FM09 3D used to run fine.

  80. #80
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th July 2008
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Computer specs can be seen by right clicking My computer and selecting Properties

    You will be able to run FM11 with around 8 - 12 leagues with 10,000 to 15,000 players. Also 3D might work.

    I had that graphic card and FM09 3D used to run fine.
    Cheers Ishu good to know...Will FM run well on it?

  81. #81
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    With only 1gb of RAM and a 1.86ghz processor, you wont be able to run loads of leagues but you'll be able to run 10 leagues on FM pretty smoothly.

  82. #82
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th July 2008
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    With only 1gb of RAM and a 1.86ghz processor, you wont be able to run loads of leagues but you'll be able to run 10 leagues on FM pretty smoothly.
    That's good to know I only run England, Scotland, Spain, Italy, France anyway....Was just worried with the graphics card and how well would it work I haven't played FM since 08 cause of the graphics problem so glad to hear...

  83. #83
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    I have a slightly better graphics card than you and it can run 3d pretty well, so yours should be fine.

  84. #84
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FootyKing View Post
    Cheers Ishu good to know...Will FM run well on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by FootyKing View Post
    Was just worried with the graphics card and how well would it work I haven't played FM since 08 cause of the graphics problem so glad to hear...
    Guess you didn't read my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Computer specs can be seen by right clicking My computer and selecting Properties

    You will be able to run FM11 with around 8 - 12 leagues with 10,000 to 15,000 players. Also 3D might work.

    I had that graphic card and FM09 3D used to run fine.

  85. #85
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th July 2008
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Cheers TigerTime can't wait for November 5th now

    May I ask which Graphics card you have?...I have a Windows Vista laptop and everything runs well on it!

  86. #86
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Integrated Intel 945GM Express Chipset

  87. #87
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th July 2008
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Guess you didn't read my post.
    Haha Cheers Ishu I get the picture now

  88. #88
    Third Team
    Join Date
    19th October 2006
    Location
    Your either red or your dead
    Posts
    9,145

    Default

    Am thinking of getting a new computer after christmas and am wondering how would fm11 run on these specs

    AMD 215 X2 processor


    4GB DDR3 RAM and 1TB hard drive


    DVD/RW drive


    Nvidia GeForce 9200 graphics


    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium


    Model: Acer AMD desktop PC

    Thanks

  89. #89
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Everything looks good to me. What speed (ghz) is the processor? What bit (32 or 64) is your Windows 7?

  90. #90
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lfc7 View Post
    Am thinking of getting a new computer after christmas and am wondering how would fm11 run on these specs
    20 - 30 leagues with 80 to 100 k players.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Everything looks good to me. What speed (ghz) is the processor? What bit (32 or 64) is your Windows 7?
    2.7 GHz

  91. #91
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    2.7 GHz
    Nice. If his OP is 64 bit then his PC to be looks pretty good.

  92. #92
    Third Team
    Join Date
    19th October 2006
    Location
    Your either red or your dead
    Posts
    9,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Everything looks good to me. What speed (ghz) is the processor? What bit (32 or 64) is your Windows 7?
    Dosent really say tbh thats all the information it gives would have to phone and find out

    What should i be looking for in terms of (ghz) and (32 or 64)?

    Ive had my computer for about 4/5 yrs now and it will run fm 11 but the specs are XP - amd athlon 64 3200+ 2.2ghz

    1024 ram - Nvidia geforce 7300 GT

    As i said it will run it but when the next one comes out it might not so looking for something to do me for the next few FM's

    Thanks

  93. #93
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lfc7 View Post
    Dosent really say tbh thats all the information it gives would have to phone and find out

    What should i be looking for in terms of (ghz) and (32 or 64)?
    Probably it will be 64bit.

  94. #94
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lfc7 View Post
    Dosent really say tbh thats all the information it gives would have to phone and find out

    What should i be looking for in terms of (ghz) and (32 or 64)?

    Ive had my computer for about 4/5 yrs now and it will run fm 11 but the specs are XP - amd athlon 64 3200+ 2.2ghz

    1024 ram - Nvidia geforce 7300 GT

    As i said it will run it but when the next one comes out it might not so looking for something to do me for the next few FM's

    Thanks
    In terms of ghz you should be looking at 2.5 and above. The number of cores is also important, 4 would be nice, but two is good enough. As for 32 and 64 bit, 64 bit can utilise all of 4gb of RAM whilst a 32 bit Operating System can only use 3.5gb. Since you have 4gb of RAM you should be looking to get a 64 bit OS.

  95. #95
    Third Team
    Join Date
    19th October 2006
    Location
    Your either red or your dead
    Posts
    9,145

    Default

    Thanks very much for your help much appreciated

  96. #96
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Your welcome.

  97. #97
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th January 2006
    Posts
    21

    Default

    can any one recommend a mac laptop and (toshiba or sony ) laptop that meets the requirments please

  98. #98
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mido_15 View Post
    can any one recommend a mac laptop and (toshiba or sony ) laptop that meets the requirments please
    Budget please....

  99. #99
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th November 2008
    Location
    Sunny Glasgow
    Posts
    282

    Default

    hello!!

    I got a new laptop in time for FM2011!!!

    My old laptop would run fm 2010 decently, with 3 leagues loaded, although only the 'Premier' league.

    My new laptop has the following specs -

    Dell Inspiron 1750
    Pentium(R) Dual Core T4400, 2.2 GHz
    2gb Ram (which I am working on upgrading)
    Integrated Intel GMA x4500 (i think)

    Its not a very good laptop, however its better than what I had. I dont play with the 3D match view so its all good.

    How many leagues would you recommend that I load? Full league or just the top/top 2? I like the game to be as realistic as possible!

    Thanks.

  100. #100
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElJaffacakeo View Post
    hello!!
    How many leagues would you recommend that I load? Full league or just the top/top 2? I like the game to be as realistic as possible!
    Thanks.
    20 to 30 leagues with 40,000 players for now.
    Also you can run 3D.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts