+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 600 of 2120

Thread: FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

  1. #501
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saints Forever View Post
    I desperatly need a new laptop because mine cant handle the 3D fm11 match engine atall

    these are the leagues that i run usually, English 3, Scottish 1, Spain 1, Italy 1, German 1, Holland 1, Portugal 1

    Would this laptop be okay ? i want it to run the match engine smoothly without no problems

    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...15063-pdt.html
    It will run 3d well on medium graphics and will be able to run all those leagues smoothly.

  2. #502
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd September 2008
    Location
    Walsall
    Posts
    218

    Default

    thanks mate

  3. #503
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saints Forever View Post
    thanks mate
    Your welcome.

  4. #504
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    It will run 3d well on medium graphics and will be able to run all those leagues smoothly.
    It will run 3D on high.

  5. #505
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    It will run 3d on high but wont be as smooth as medium. To be honest I'd go with medium, there isn't too much difference anyway.

  6. #506
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th September 2007
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Hi ishu

    just upgraded my pc

    # AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz

    # Asus M4A785TD-V EVO 785G Socket AM3

    # 4GBDDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3

    How many leagues and players would you this run?

  7. #507
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TONY1969 View Post
    Hi ishu

    just upgraded my pc
    # AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz
    # Asus M4A785TD-V EVO 785G Socket AM3
    # 4GBDDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3
    How many leagues and players would you this run?
    50 with 100k players

  8. #508
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd March 2005
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Going to get a new laptop to replace my old, battered one (I blame FM for that!)

    Looking at these two:

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...uctInformation

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...uctInformation

    Any advice would be appreciated.

  9. #509
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th October 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    looking for a laptop, or a netbook, as this is just old and in need of getting put in the bin lol
    looking to spend 350 pound but would be willing to go to 400 if it was more value for money, iv got a rough idea about the technical stuff but not sure lol
    just looking to be playing football manager 2011 on it and browsing the internet on it and thats about all
    any help would be much appreciated
    thanks

  10. #510
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2010
    Location
    Islington, Norf London
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Ishu, thanks for the reply on my question earlier, top job. But what is the real difference between 60k and 100k in player database, meaning, will a limited database detract from the game do you think, and can i update the ram on my acer to 4gb?

  11. #511
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smgers View Post
    Going to get a new laptop to replace my old, battered one (I blame FM for that!)
    Looking at these two:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...uctInformation
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...uctInformation
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Samsung one. HP one is too vague about the specs.

    Quote Originally Posted by andy1873 View Post
    looking for a laptop, or a netbook, as this is just old and in need of getting put in the bin lol
    looking to spend 350 pound but would be willing to go to 400 if it was more value for money, iv got a rough idea about the technical stuff but not sure lol
    just looking to be playing football manager 2011 on it and browsing the internet on it and thats about all
    any help would be much appreciated
    thanks
    The last two or three pages have some good FM centric Laptops for your budget.

  12. #512
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman Chevalier View Post
    Ishu, thanks for the reply on my question earlier, top job. But what is the real difference between 60k and 100k in player database, meaning, will a limited database detract from the game do you think, and can i update the ram on my acer to 4gb?
    60k vs 100k is obviously less/more number of players available for transfers, international etc(Some leagues having grey players). More players require more beefy PC.

    And which Acer??

  13. #513
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd March 2005
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Samsung one. HP one is too vague about the specs.
    Thanks a lot Ishu.

  14. #514
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smgers View Post
    Thanks a lot Ishu.
    Welcome

  15. #515
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2010
    Location
    Islington, Norf London
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    60k vs 100k is obviously less/more number of players available for transfers, international etc(Some leagues having grey players). More players require more beefy PC.

    And which Acer??
    acer aspire 5553, might upgrade the ram from 3 to 4

  16. #516
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd December 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Intel Q9550 + ATI 4890:



    Poor rating ? Yeah, right.

  17. #517
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman Chevalier View Post
    acer aspire 5553, might upgrade the ram from 3 to 4
    Possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Intel Q9550 + ATI 4890:

    Poor rating ? Yeah, right.

  18. #518
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    would it be good playing your match engine in 3d with this laptop? (i mean 3d with the glasses)

    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/201213

  19. #519
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Hi guys, used to post regularly on here but this is the first time I've been on for years. Nice to be back! I have to buy a set of new laptops for the youth club I run but I want to get ones that can run FM well as it is a favourite activity of a number of our lads... Money is an issue. I was hoping to spend around £300 but can expand upwards. £400 would be the absolute limit but really want to stay as cheap as possible. As I will be buying a number the difference in budget really adds up. I need laptops that will last too so build quality does matter to me. Basically I want a combination of FM goodness-build quality-value for money... FM wise it doesn't matter if it doesn't do 3D too well, I think generally it will be used for a fairly simple game of FM as we usually compete against each other. 10 leagues or so and as many players as possible!

    I've come up with a list of laptops I'm considering. I've whittled it down to 11! I'll put them in price order, cheapest to most expensive...
    Lenovo. It's cheap.
    HP
    Medion. Not sure about not going for a big brand
    Good spec. Not sure about the fact it is refurbed. Will these be reliable?
    Acer
    Compaq
    Toshiba. I've heard Toshiba laptops are really reliable which is a plus.
    This one looks good but not sure about the processor. Is it big enough?
    Toshiba number 2. More expensive but looks good.
    Toshiba 2. Getting very expensive now. This and the next will have to be really good!
    Toshiba 3.

    So what do you think? The ones that are 300-330 can be upgraded for RAM. Other than that I want to avoid upgrades. What are people's thoughts on these? If possible it would be good to get people's opinions on the best cheap option (330 or less) and the best more expensive option, over 330. If you could also let me know how these will perform for the guys (number of leagues/players etc) it would be much appreciated. The advice others have received on here has been hugely helpful and thanks in advance for the help I'm sure you'll all give me. I know that these aren't going to be the best laptops but hopefully they'll do. Thanks!

  20. #520
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th October 2004
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Guys,

    how many more leagues/players could I run if I got the 3.2GHz AMD 6 core over the 2.8GHz AMD 6 Core? (on a 890fx chipset board) Running win7 64 bit, 8gb ddr3 ram 1333 (should I get faster or is this ok) and 500gb hdd at 7200rpm?

    I'm still deciding between the two cpu's but wanted to get a rough comparison to go off.
    Thanks

  21. #521
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoGBoYz View Post
    Guys,
    how many more leagues/players could I run if I got the 3.2GHz AMD 6 core over the 2.8GHz AMD 6 Core? (on a 890fx chipset board) Running win7 64 bit, 8gb ddr3 ram 1333 (should I get faster or is this ok) and 500gb hdd at 7200rpm?
    I'm still deciding between the two cpu's but wanted to get a rough comparison to go off.
    Thanks
    The 2.8GHz can run all leagues. 3.2 GHz will be a bit faster, its black edition (Unlocked multiplier) means it can be easily and higly overclocked.

    EDIT : Ram is ok @ 1333 but look for quality brand.

  22. #522
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th October 2004
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Thanks Ishu. With the $100 difference in price, would the 3.2 be that much faster to justify the extra? How quick would all leagues run? Ishu, what machine are you running for FM?

  23. #523
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Hey Ishu, any chance you could respond to my post up above? You seem to know your stuff but I don't know the first thing really and could do with some help! Cheers.

  24. #524
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoGBoYz View Post
    Thanks Ishu. With the $100 difference in price, would the 3.2 be that much faster to justify the extra? How quick would all leagues run? Ishu, what machine are you running for FM?
    Not really. 3,2 will overclock very very easily without much strain to your mobo and RAM. 2.8 will take much more work to OC.
    How quick is kinda impossible to tell.

    My laptop
    T2370 Dual core 1.73GHz
    2GB RAM
    Intel X3100
    15"

    Quote Originally Posted by lovehopepeace View Post
    Hey Ishu, any chance you could respond to my post up above? You seem to know your stuff but I don't know the first thing really and could do with some help! Cheers.
    Forgot about it. Sorry.
    On it.

  25. #525
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovehopepeace View Post
    I've come up with a list of laptops I'm considering. I've whittled it down to 11! I'll put them in price order, cheapest to most expensive...
    Lenovo. It's cheap.
    Its good. Can 3D on high.
    Upgrade to 4GB ram and it'll run 20 to 30 leagues with 60,000 players

    Toshiba number 2. More expensive but looks good.
    This one is exactly same as the cheapest lenovo except that it already has 4GB ram. Got a full keyboard so the keys may be tiny. My recommendation.
    Check RAM prices and decide

    Toshiba 3.
    Best of all. Can easily run 30 to 40 leagues with 80,000 players.

  26. #526
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd March 2005
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Was going to go for a Samsung one but have seen this one:

    http://www.dabs.com/products/acer-as...m-64-760T.html

    Any good? Just going to be for FM and then browsing and word documents.

  27. #527
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smgers View Post
    Was going to go for a Samsung one but have seen this one:

    http://www.dabs.com/products/acer-as...m-64-760T.html

    Any good? Just going to be for FM and then browsing and word documents.
    Better .

  28. #528
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd March 2005
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Better .
    Thanks for your help Ishu - going to go for this one then.

  29. #529
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    11th July 2008
    Posts
    1,198

    Default

    Well basically just heard from my Dad that my laptops motherboard is buggered so i'm going to need to get a new one, problem is that i only have around £350- i know i'm not going to get a top of the range laptop for that price but was wondering weather you could look around the internet and just see if there was a decent laptop for around that price- would be greatly apprciated- wont be playing fm on the 5th then

  30. #530
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terras-FM View Post
    Well basically just heard from my Dad that my laptops motherboard is buggered so i'm going to need to get a new one, problem is that i only have around £350- i know i'm not going to get a top of the range laptop for that price but was wondering weather you could look around the internet and just see if there was a decent laptop for around that price- would be greatly apprciated- wont be playing fm on the 5th then
    Try to scroll up

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Lenovo. It's cheap.
    Its good. Can 3D on high.
    Upgrade to 4GB ram and it'll run 20 to 30 leagues with 60,000 players

    Toshiba number 2. More expensive but looks good.
    This one is exactly same as the cheapest lenovo except that it already has 4GB ram. Got a full keyboard so the keys may be tiny. My recommendation.
    Check RAM prices and decide

    Toshiba 3.
    Best of all. Can easily run 30 to 40 leagues with 80,000 players.

  31. #531
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    11th July 2008
    Posts
    1,198

    Default

    Are they britsh based companys?- or are they fairly reliable?

  32. #532
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...369&xtor=AL-11 doesn't look too bad for £350 either.

    The 'Toshiba 3' was a good deal but is expired.

  33. #533
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th June 2010
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Mmh i was wondering how many leagues my new laptop is gonna handle:

    Sony Vaio EB series..

    I5 430m processor - 2.26 ghz turbo boost up to 2.56 ghz is possible
    4 gb ddr3 ram - 1033 mhz
    ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5650 - 1 gb dedicated
    500 gb hdd

    Any one know how many leagues it will run ? And i know it will run 3d perfect

  34. #534
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th November 2008
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Hi

    Just after getting a new HP laptop, see specs below, any idea how many leagues/players I can run an is the Graphics card good enough for 3D.

    Thanks

    Processor AMD Phenom II X2 Processor N620
    - 2.8 GHz
    - 1.8 GHz HT
    - 2 MB L2 Cache
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
    RAM - 4GB installed DDR3 RAM
    Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 Graphics
    Screen type Widescreen LCD HP BrightView
    Screen resolution - WXGA
    - 1366 x 768 pixels
    Screen size 15.6"
    Screen features - LED backlighting
    - Gloss Superbright
    Hard drive 320GB SATA

  35. #535
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    11th July 2008
    Posts
    1,198

    Default

    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...369&xtor=AL-11

    I think i'm going to get this one, how many league can this run?

  36. #536
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2010
    Posts
    5

    Default

    its same requirments fm2010

    my comp.

    P3 600
    512mb sdram
    64mb geforce mmx / mx 400

    i didnt play 2009 but i played 2010..

    can i play 2011? is it work?

  37. #537
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruun View Post
    Mmh i was wondering how many leagues my new laptop is gonna handle:

    Sony Vaio EB series..

    I5 430m processor - 2.26 ghz turbo boost up to 2.56 ghz is possible
    4 gb ddr3 ram - 1033 mhz
    ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5650 - 1 gb dedicated
    500 gb hdd

    Any one know how many leagues it will run ? And i know it will run 3d perfect
    25 to 35 leagues
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyjoe View Post
    Hi

    Just after getting a new HP laptop, see specs below, any idea how many leagues/players I can run an is the Graphics card good enough for 3D.

    Thanks

    Processor AMD Phenom II X2 Processor N620
    - 2.8 GHz
    - 1.8 GHz HT
    - 2 MB L2 Cache
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
    RAM - 4GB installed DDR3 RAM
    Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 Graphics
    Screen type Widescreen LCD HP BrightView
    Screen resolution - WXGA
    - 1366 x 768 pixels
    Screen size 15.6"
    Screen features - LED backlighting
    - Gloss Superbright
    Hard drive 320GB SATA
    25 to 35 leagues with 50 to 60k players.
    3D on high

    Quote Originally Posted by Terras-FM View Post
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...369&xtor=AL-11

    I think i'm going to get this one, how many league can this run?
    20 to 30 leagues with 50k players

  38. #538
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FOREVER View Post
    its same requirments fm2010

    my comp.

    P3 600
    512mb sdram
    64mb geforce mmx / mx 400

    i didnt play 2009 but i played 2010..

    can i play 2011? is it work?

    1 league with small DB and no additional players loaded.

  39. #539
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2010
    Posts
    5

    Default

    i played 2010 same..

    1 league enough for me thanks

  40. #540
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hi,

    Thinking of buying a new pc, mainly for business/work. Must play FM11 though.

    Specs of PC I have in mind:

    * AMD Phenom™ II X4 P940 (1.70GHz, 512kx4)
    * Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
    * 8.192 MB 1.333 MHz Dual Channel DDR3-memory [4 x 2.048]
    * 1 TB SATA-HD (7.200 rpm)
    * 1 GB DDR3 ATI Radeon™ HD 5450

    How would this play FM'11 in terms of:

    - Number of leagues/players?
    - Handling 3D?
    - Speed of game?

    Chrs!!

  41. #541
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaires View Post
    Hi,

    Thinking of buying a new pc, mainly for business/work. Must play FM11 though.

    Specs of PC I have in mind:

    * AMD Phenom™ II X4 P940 (1.70GHz, 512kx4)
    * Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
    * 8.192 MB 1.333 MHz Dual Channel DDR3-memory [4 x 2.048]
    * 1 TB SATA-HD (7.200 rpm)
    * 1 GB DDR3 ATI Radeon™ HD 5450

    How would this play FM'11 in terms of:

    - Number of leagues/players?
    - Handling 3D?
    - Speed of game?

    Chrs!!
    It will run 3D on high and lots of leagues but what i that CPU?? Never heard of it.

  42. #542
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    It will run 3D on high and lots of leagues but what i that CPU?? Never heard of it.
    Thanks for the very, very quick response! Cpu? Well, specs come from the Dutch version of the Dell site. Dont know exactly, but I guess we are dealing here with this processor. http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/phenomii940/. Any thoughts on it?

    Regards!

  43. #543
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaires View Post
    Thanks for the very, very quick response! Cpu? Well, specs come from the Dutch version of the Dell site. Dont know exactly, but I guess we are dealing here with this processor. http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/phenomii940/. Any thoughts on it?

    Regards!
    I thought so. But that (940) is a 3 GHz. Yours is 1.7GHz

  44. #544
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th November 2008
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Cheers Ishu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    25 to 35 leagues

    25 to 35 leagues with 50 to 60k players.
    3D on high


    20 to 30 leagues with 50k players

  45. #545
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    I thought so. But that (940) is a 3 GHz. Yours is 1.7GHz
    Hmmm... true. Strange. I have to look into that. Guess it wont make that big of difference for my FM performance, does it? Nevertheless, thanks for the feedback Ishu! Much appreciated.

    UPDATE: think i found what makes for the different clock rates: P940 (1.7Ghz) is a mobile version of the regular 940 (3Ghz). See: http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Phe...r.37492.0.html
    Last edited by Millionaires; 29-10-2010 at 21:18.

  46. #546
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    23rd June 2009
    Location
    Barreiro, Portugal
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Hi guys,

    i have a laptop with these specs:

    HP Pavillion DV7 2080ep
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
    4096MB RAM
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1016MB dedicated)
    Windows 7-64bits

    Is this good enough to play FM2011 in 3D high detail? Because when i try the FM2011 demo, i got my CPU running at 90/100%, and my computer getting a little too hot (75º).

    Is this normal?

    In FM2010 my laptop run the game just fine, with the CPU never working above the 35%.

    Thks for all the help, because i must decide if i'm gonna spend 50€ in the new game, or just continue to play FM2010.

  47. #547
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    28th September 2004
    Location
    Shed Upper, Row 17 Seat 239
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    Hey,

    I own an iMac with 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

    I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to 4gb so I can run more leagues. Do you think this is necessary or how many leagues do you think I can run now?

    Thanks

    Bucket

  48. #548
    Banned
    Join Date
    22nd September 2005
    Location
    Xbox Live - DanielVandyke
    Posts
    4,508

    Default

    Intel Core i7-980X Processor Extreme Edition (12M Cache, 3.33 GHz, 6 Cores)
    6gb RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5970

    Last edited by djvandyke; 30-10-2010 at 07:59.

  49. #549

    Default Overheating?

    Hi,

    I wondered if someone could help me. I've tried the demo out over the last couple of days (vanilla, quick start) and have already had problems with my laptop overheating in 2d mode - something I never had on FM2010.

    First, I tried out the 3d engine and it overheated (which it did on FM2010 so fair enough), but once I restarted and tried 2d it's done it twice more.

    I've checked my spec on www.systemrequirementslab.com and it says I pass everything... details below... should I be ok? If so, anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this?

    Thanks
    Phil

    CPU Speed
    Minimum: Windows XP: 1.4 GHz or faster, Windows Vista/7: 2.0 GHz or faster
    You Have: 2.19 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.6135 GHz
    PASS

    RAM
    Minimum: Windows XP: 512 MB RAM, Windows Vista/7: 1.0 GB RAM
    You Have: 3.0 GB
    PASS

    OS
    Minimum: Windows XP/Vista/W7
    You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 32-bit
    PASS

    Video Card
    Minimum: 128 MB Supported Chipsets - Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater. Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported
    You Have: GeForce G 105M
    PASS

    Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
    Required You Have
    Video RAM 128 MB 1.7 GB
    Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.0
    PASS

    VC Driver version
    Minimum: DirectX® Version 9.0c (included)
    You Have: 8.15.11.8652
    PASS

    Sound Card
    Minimum: Yes
    You Have: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    PASS

    Free Disk Space
    Minimum: 2 GB
    You Have: 187.2 GB
    PASS

  50. #550
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
    Hi guys,i have a laptop with these specs:
    HP Pavillion DV7 2080ep
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
    4096MB RAM
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1016MB dedicated)
    Windows 7-64bits
    Is this good enough to play FM2011 in 3D high detail? Because when i try the FM2011 demo, i got my CPU running at 90/100%, and my computer getting a little too hot (75º).
    Yes.
    Laptops run hot. You can buy a cooler or make one yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Hey,
    I own an iMac with 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.
    I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to 4gb so I can run more leagues. Do you think this is necessary or how many leagues do you think I can run now?
    Thanks
    Bucket
    Extra 2GB will make a difference but not too much.
    20 25 leagues and 30 to 40k players

    Quote Originally Posted by phildenham View Post
    Hi,

    I wondered if someone could help me. I've tried the demo out over the last couple of days (vanilla, quick start) and have already had problems with my laptop overheating in 2d mode - something I never had on FM2010.

    First, I tried out the 3d engine and it overheated (which it did on FM2010 so fair enough), but once I restarted and tried 2d it's done it twice more.
    Try to run speedfan and check the tempratures.
    Or you can buy/make a laptop cooler.

  51. #551
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2007
    Posts
    14

    Default

    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...24500-pdt.html

    Will probably go for this one but is there much difference with the Lenovo edge posted earlier? - http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenov...5_1002746.html

  52. #552
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVFC4LIFE View Post
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...24500-pdt.html
    Will probably go for this one but is there much difference with the Lenovo edge posted earlier? - http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenov...5_1002746.html
    Very similar CPU and graphics.
    Bell has 3GB RAM instead of lenovo's 2GB for £50 extra. 2GB RAM stick is only 30 bucks.

  53. #553
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st November 2008
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Intel® Core™ i3-370M Processor
    - 2.40 GHz
    - 2.5 GT/s DMI
    - 3 MB Smart Cache

    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

    4GB installed DDR3 RAM

    Intel® HD Graphics

  54. #554
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2007
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Last question Ishu, I promise!

    http://www.it247.com/product/1/ACRSU...U9400-13-3-TFT - Any thoughts? It looks like the processor is a letdown

  55. #555
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th March 2000
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Anyone running the 980X processor? if so what sort of league setup?

  56. #556
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVFC4LIFE View Post
    Last question Ishu, I promise!

    http://www.it247.com/product/1/ACRSU...U9400-13-3-TFT - Any thoughts? It looks like the processor is a letdown
    That CPU is a low power nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    Anyone running the 980X processor? if so what sort of league setup?

    Obviously all leagues.

    LOL @ Gomes

  57. #557
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th March 2000
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    That CPU is a low power nonsense.



    Obviously all leagues.

    LOL @ Gomes
    not necessarily, due to all the cores only being used when processing full detail results (for some reason?) its doesn't run that quick with all leagues selected.

  58. #558
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    not necessarily, due to all the cores only being used when processing full detail results (for some reason?) its doesn't run that quick with all leagues selected.
    The reason is that on no detail the results are calculated depending on reputation, rather than actual simulation.

  59. #559
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th March 2000
    Posts
    193

    Default

    playable matches are calculated on real player performances, its only view only leagues that use just team reputation.

    its a shame FM10 and probably FM11 only uses some of the cores on normal detail, if it used all it would really speed up processing time.
    Last edited by RICO; 30-10-2010 at 18:57.

  60. #560
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    playable matches are calculated on real player performances, its only view only leagues that use just team reputation.

    its a shame FM10 and probably FM11 only uses some of the cores on normal detail, if it used all it would really speed up processing time.
    It will still run 'em all anyway.

  61. #561
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,733

    Default

    how does ATI mobility radion HD 3400 series stack up with graphics card requirements?

    other specs

    2ghz core 2 duo, win 7 3GB ram

    what sort of leagues and i likely to be able to run without problems

  62. #562
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Good enough. 3D on high.
    20 leagues with 40,000 players

  63. #563
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,733

    Default

    was just thinking of running

    England (top 2)
    France (top 2)
    Germany (top 2)
    Italy (top 2)
    Spain (top 2)
    Holland (top)
    Portugal (top)
    Russia (top)
    Ukraine (top)
    Belgium (top)
    Brazil (top 2)
    Argentina (top 2)

    Large databse, should be ok right?

  64. #564
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djvandyke View Post
    Intel Core i7-980X Processor Extreme Edition (12M Cache, 3.33 GHz, 6 Cores)
    6gb RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5970

    Will be able to run a lot of leagues smoothly that. Around 50. Also you should be able to load around 120,000 players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Konen View Post
    Intel® Core™ i3-370M Processor
    - 2.40 GHz
    - 2.5 GT/s DMI
    - 3 MB Smart Cache

    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

    4GB installed DDR3 RAM

    Intel® HD Graphics
    30 leagues, 80,000 players and 3d graphics will run smooth on low and medium.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_G_32201 View Post
    was just thinking of running

    England (top 2)
    France (top 2)
    Germany (top 2)
    Italy (top 2)
    Spain (top 2)
    Holland (top)
    Portugal (top)
    Russia (top)
    Ukraine (top)
    Belgium (top)
    Brazil (top 2)
    Argentina (top 2)

    Large databse, should be ok right?
    Should be fine.

  65. #565
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,733

    Default

    thanks, roll on friday.

  66. #566
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Hopefully Wednesday or Thursday for me!

  67. #567
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,733

    Default

    hoping for an early delivery? ive pre-ordered with play.com i wont expect it

  68. #568
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_G_32201 View Post
    hoping for an early delivery? ive pre-ordered with play.com i wont expect it
    Yep. I ordered with Zavvi. Last year I got it a couple days early from them.

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    IS 3GB RAM DDR2 (1066MHz) Better than 4GB RAM DDR2 (667MHz)
    3gb of RAM (1066MHZ) is better. That 4gb is seriously slow!

  69. #569
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    IS 3GB RAM DDR2 (1066MHz) Better than 4GB RAM DDR2 (667MHz)
    Not really. Unless you want to OC. Also depends on timings.
    Stick with 800MHz.

    PS these choices depend on your mobo.

  70. #570
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Yep. I ordered with Zavvi. Last year I got it a couple days early from them.



    3gb of RAM (1066MHZ) is better. That 4gb is seriously slow!
    How fast do you think this laptop will run..... http://www.ebuyer.com/product/201213

  71. #571
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    20-25 leagues, 60-80,000 players and 3d will run smoothly on high. I'm sure I've seen some laptops with i3/AMD X4 processors. Have a good look around the Internet before purchasing that laptop.

  72. #572
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    do u think it will run 30 leagues with 80,000 to 100,000 players decent

  73. #573
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    I would advice you to stay away from 3D. Fact - Only 1% of 3D laptops manufactured have been sold.
    And most of the stuff in that laptop is old. DDR2 instead of DDR3, Core2Duo instead of Core i etc.

  74. #574
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    why dont i just buy this laptop and then later on i upgrade to DDR3 and if possible the processor. Is that a good idea?
    Both are impossible.
    Only way to insert a DDR3 in that is to use a hammer.

    And by the time you would want to upgrade, DDR2 will be insanely priced like DDR1 right now.

  75. #575

    Default

    Ishu, you national treasure you.

    What do you think about a Macbook Pro, 2.53 GHz i5, 4GB 1067MHz DDR3? Also an NVIDIA GT 330M?

  76. #576
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Acer 3GB
    Lenovo 2GB. Can be upgraded to 4GB

    Below £500 Laptops.
    @TJJESSE
    Last edited by Ishu; 30-10-2010 at 22:42.

  77. #577
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by socceroonie View Post
    Ishu, you national treasure you.

    What do you think about a Macbook Pro, 2.53 GHz i5, 4GB 1067MHz DDR3? Also an NVIDIA GT 330M?
    LOL

    30 to 40 leagues with 80k players. 3D on high.

  78. #578
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Ishu: Do u think the 3d one is worth it, cause i have seen some good reviews on it. Plus it is a decent all rounder and i can always upgrade ddr2 to ddr3.

    So what do you think should i go for it? Is it good value for money

  79. #579
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    Ishu: Do u think the 3d one is worth it, cause i have seen some good reviews on it. Plus it is a decent all rounder and i can always upgrade ddr2 to ddr3.

    So what do you think should i go for it? Is it good value for money
    I think the 3D one is crap value compared to the Lenovo that Ishu linked. The Lenovo also has the advantage of very OK graphics for the price.

  80. #580
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584
    Last edited by TJJESSE; 31-10-2010 at 02:11.

  81. #581
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th December 2004
    Posts
    47

    Default

    hello

    processor...q6600@2.4ghz
    ram....3072mb
    windows xp

    i play commentry only. what would be my limit league wise, without much waiting.

  82. #582
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Links in the PM don't work

    Quote Originally Posted by scaffscazz View Post
    hello

    processor...q6600@2.4ghz
    ram....3072mb
    windows xp

    i play commentry only. what would be my limit league wise, without much waiting.
    30 leagues. 50,000 players.

  83. #583
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Location
    The edge of a precapice.
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Yep. I ordered with Zavvi. Last year I got it a couple days early from them.



    3gb of RAM (1066MHZ) is better. That 4gb is seriously slow!
    Maybe next wednesday or thursday then. You were VERY lucky last year. ZAVVI are very ropey on delivery times, I and alot of others waitin upto 2 weeks last year!

  84. #584
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th December 2004
    Posts
    47

    Default

    thankyou very much

  85. #585
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th October 2006
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Any ideas how many countries/leagues/players I could run with my new build PC? Thinking of doing the top 2 divisions for most countries (except England, Scotland, and maybe Italy and Spain where I'd likely go further down). All I know so far is that 3D works fine on it.

    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor
    3.4GHz
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7 (64 bit)
    ATI Radeon HD 5670

    Cheers in advance guys.

  86. #586
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    11th July 2008
    Posts
    1,198

    Default

    How easy is it to put on RAM yourself?

  87. #587
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevvy View Post
    Any ideas how many countries/leagues/players I could run with my new build PC? Thinking of doing the top 2 divisions for most countries (except England, Scotland, and maybe Italy and Spain where I'd likely go further down). All I know so far is that 3D works fine on it.

    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor
    3.4GHz
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7 (64 bit)
    ATI Radeon HD 5670

    Cheers in advance guys.
    Good 35 leagues, 80,000 players and graphics will run smooth on high.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terras-FM View Post
    How easy is it to put on RAM yourself?
    It's easy to do in a PC, not so easy to do in a laptop. Have a look on youtube for a guide.

    I'd go for the Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 Laptop, if you know a computer guy you will be able to change the RAM as I'd definitely upgrade to 4GB.

    If you don't know anyone, go for the one with the AMD X2 processor with 4gb of RAM.
    Last edited by TigerTime; 31-10-2010 at 13:50.

  88. #588

    Default

    Hi, I've been running FM10 with around 15-20 leagues and it's processing fine after 20 or so seasons.

    For a new career save in FM11 I'd like to add in a few more countries, as I'm suffering from lack of good regens outside the 4 countries I've got loaded. I like to play lower leagues so I'd rather not drop the lower tiers I've got loaded in order to get more countries in. Is it likely I'd be able to run more than 20 leagues with this set-up?

    AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4200+ 2.20GHz
    2GB DDR2 533 Mhz memory
    Windows 7 32-bit
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4550 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E 2.0x16 Graphics Card

    Is it worth upgrading to 4GB RAM, or 64 bit OS? (bearing in mind costs, and that I can change RAM but have never installed a new OS before!)

    Cheers.

  89. #589
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th October 2006
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Good 35 leagues, 80,000 players and graphics will run smooth on high.
    Thanks very much mate. Wouldn't do THAT many leagues, but enough to keep me interested for 20+ seasons anyway.

  90. #590
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd September 2008
    Location
    Walsall
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Could anybody help me please, i am looking to buy a new laptop sometime soon to run the fm11 match engine smootly, what graphic cards should i avoid and which ones would u recommend ? i know the laptop has to have a good processer and ram aswell but i already know about them 2

  91. #591
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pav...ab-accessories

    How good is this laptop? Is it good value for money? Is it future proof? Is it worth buying? How many leagues amd players would fm run on it?

    Who ever answers this i will love you forever

  92. #592
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th August 2007
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Hi guys, since my wife has annexed the PC playing world of Warcraft I'm thinking of getting a new laptop so I can have some quality fm time  would the dell studio 15 be a good option, specs are:
    Windows 7 64bit
    Processor
    Intel® Core™ i3-350M (2.26Ghz, 4 threads 3mbcache)
    1GB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD5470 Graphics Card
    Memory

    4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]
    500gb harddrive

    Thanks for any advice

    Jon

  93. #593
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th April 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Debating on this Sony Vaio

    I can get a good deal at my local store for one of these, a lot less than the price of this.

    How will it perform, does anyone have this model?

    Any help appreciated.

  94. #594

  95. #595
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pav...ab-accessories

    How good is this laptop? Is it good value for money? Is it future proof? Is it worth buying? How many leagues amd players would fm run on it?

    Please help anyone

  96. #596
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pav...ab-accessories

    How good is this laptop? Is it good value for money? Is it future proof? Is it worth buying? How many leagues amd players would fm run on it?

    Please help anyone
    It is quite decent value for money. Processor performance should be slightly better than the Lenovo from ebuyer and graphics performance about the same. In all, given the price difference, I would probably go for the Lenovo as I just prefer Intel processors. However, they are both quite good value I think.

    I think they would both run 25-30 leagues and 80k players, but others may disagree.

  97. #597
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byron4 View Post
    Debating on this Sony Vaio

    I can get a good deal at my local store for one of these, a lot less than the price of this.

    How will it perform, does anyone have this model?

    Any help appreciated.
    I don't have this model but it should run the game really well. If you can get this for a price in the 600-630 region you should be quite happy. If it's significantly more I have seen similar spec on some Dells and HPs for around these prices.
    Last edited by pelicanstuff; 31-10-2010 at 18:16.

  98. #598
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipswichjon2 View Post
    Hi guys, since my wife has annexed the PC playing world of Warcraft I'm thinking of getting a new laptop so I can have some quality fm time  would the dell studio 15 be a good option, specs are:
    Windows 7 64bit
    Processor
    Intel® Core™ i3-350M (2.26Ghz, 4 threads 3mbcache)
    1GB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD5470 Graphics Card
    Memory

    4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]
    500gb harddrive

    Thanks for any advice

    Jon
    This is the one at £549? I quite like the look of that deal, you might get the same specs a few quid cheaper but the studio line is really stylish and well built and Dell's customer service is really good nowadays.

  99. #599
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    The Acer has the best processor but it doesn't look like the graphics will be good. If you can spare an extra £35 it would really be worth shelling out for that Lenovo from ebuyer, it's a much better machine than any of those & will last you longer for just 35 quid more.

    http://www.dabs.com/products/acer-as...m-64-760T.html is also worth keeping under consideration, only £19 more, graphics not as good as the Lenovo though.

  100. #600
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th August 2007
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanstuff View Post
    This is the one at £549? I quite like the look of that deal, you might get the same specs a few quid cheaper but the studio line is really stylish and well built and Dell's customer service is really good nowadays.
    Yup £549 (but I may get a sneaky employee discount from a friend who works in Ireland for dell )

    How many leagues and what kind of graphics performance will this give me?

    Cheers Jon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts