+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pb1uk View Post
    I'm looking at a laptop around 2ghz processor 3-4gb ram, would it matter if the graphics card is bog standard?
    Graphic does not affect the general speed of the game much.

An onboard card will use the CPU and will indirectly affect performance (depending on the CPU).

Banned

hoping to play this on my laptop.. the specs are . Intel Core i3-330m Processor with intel hd graphics and 4 gb RAM will it run smooth?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by WoGBoYz View Post
    Hello my technical friends,

I have a question (very common theme in this thread), how many leagues will I be able to run with the following setup using a large database:

AMD Athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz
    4 GB Ram
    32 Bit O/S Windows Vista
    NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (is this my weakness? I had a better card but it died and this is my current stop gap until I get a new one - I have noticed slightly slower loading times ingame)

Thanks in advance for the helpful advice, I appreciate it!
    All this talk of quad core and quicker machines has got me interested in updating my machine (FM and the flow on it creates for the economy haha).
    Roughly how much would it cost to make the following updates (I'm thinking a brand new machine)
    - 64 bit O/S system Vista
    - Quad Core Processor (which means I also need a new motherboard)
    - What size HDD is good? I currently have a 250 gb but I need a new one as it's getting old now
    - Better graphics card than what I currently have (open to idea's as to how good I need to go, the only gaming I do is FM related so it doesn't need to be something too over the top)
    - 6 GB ram (I currently have 4, do you think I could use the 4 I have and just buy additional 2?)
    Any other idea's? Am I looking at something very costly? I'd really love a machine that is very quick and smooth while operating FM11 and somewhere between 20 to 30 leagues...
    Thanks in advance

Amateur

Follow on from my last post, I am open to suggestions for the best FM machine or at least a good one

Amateur

All this talk of quad core and quicker machines has got me interested in updating my machine (FM and the flow on it creates for the economy haha).
    Roughly how much would it cost to make the following updates (I'm thinking a brand new machine)
    - 64 bit O/S system Vista
    - What size HDD is good? I currently have a 250 gb but I need a new one as it's getting old now
    - Better graphics card than what I currently have (open to idea's as to how good I need to go, the only gaming I do is FM related so it doesn't need to be something too over the top)
    - 6 GB ram (I currently have 4, do you think I could use the 4 I have and just buy additional 2?)
    Any other idea's? Am I looking at something very costly? I'd really love a machine that is very quick and smooth while operating FM11 and somewhere between 20 to 30 leagues...
    Thanks in advance
    personally i would go with win 7, more stable in my experience.

don't know if ur in the US or UK, but in the US, i get all my stuff from newegg.com...really reasonably priced stuff, with great return policy etc.

you can get a quad core 2.8ghz for $94

hard drive is up to you and what you think you'll need....500gb for $50

you can get a decent video card for $40 and up. I built my pc about a year ago and I've been using GeForce 9500 GT 1GB, which cost me about $65, i don't play pc games other than fm. never had problems

im currently running 6gb ram, it will probably be the most costly of all items, just make sure and get ddr3 if you can afford, and i would go with a known brand. Youd probably need a mobo with 4 slots, then you can do 2gb x 2 and 1gb x 2

Amateur

Thanks mate. How much would the ram set me back? Everything else sounds very reasonable. I'm in Australia, not sure if we have similar sites here.

Amateur

these are what i bought for myself.....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231133

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231179

ohh...and as for just adding 2gb to your existing 4gb...it is possible, BUT it is highly recommended for all your sticks to be the same brand, latencies, timings, voltage etc.
    Last edited by drinkup; 20-10-2010 at 02:54.

Amateur

Hi Guys,

On the verge of buying this laptop for the demo on thursday as seriously in need of a new machine, really need to know if this will be an adequate machine to buy?
    I need to know if i can play in high quality in 3D with the graphics card in this laptop. Please look at the link below and let me know whether you think it will run 3d fast and smoothly.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...39254-pdt.html

Much appreciated guys, im not very intelligent on the computer spec front so your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TaNeR_08 View Post
    hoping to play this on my laptop.. the specs are . Intel Core i3-330m Processor with intel hd graphics and 4 gb RAM will it run smooth?
    25 to 35 leagues and 80 to 100k players.

- 64 bit O/S system Vista Like drinkup I recommend W7 Around 70bucks
    - What size HDD is good? I currently have a 250 gb but I need a new one as it's getting old now Depends on how YOU use it. Sit down and calculate how much you need. Buy twice that.
    - Better graphics card than what I currently have (open to idea's as to how good I need to go, the only gaming I do is FM related so it doesn't need to be something too over the top) Current graphic card is good enough for FM. You can upgrade if you want.
    - 6 GB ram (I currently have 4, do you think I could use the 4 I have and just buy additional 2?) Depends on what RAM you already have
    Any other idea's? Am I looking at something very costly? I'd really love a machine that is very quick and smooth while operating FM11 and somewhere between 20 to 30 leagues... 20 leagues will be fast enough on your current rig. Also if you want me do give you a build suggest a budget or you can go with drinkup(Haven't checked out).
    Thanks in advance

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by OLLMEISTER1 View Post
    Hi Guys,

On the verge of buying this laptop for the demo on thursday as seriously in need of a new machine, really need to know if this will be an adequate machine to buy?
    I need to know if i can play in high quality in 3D with the graphics card in this laptop. Please look at the link below and let me know whether you think it will run 3d fast and smoothly.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...39254-pdt.html

Much appreciated guys, im not very intelligent on the computer spec front so your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Looks decent. 20 to 30 leagues with 50,000 players. 3D will run on high decently, not Brilliantly. Tigertime has this card, wait for his suggestion.

Amateur

Hello,

Sorry i'm back again. I've narrowed my search to these three, which one is best?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/packard...39254-pdt.html

http://www.it247.com/product/1/HEWSU...e-Premium.html

or a forth maybe:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-a...82288-pdt.html

The things that's confusing me is the difference in number of cores and cache. The first three have i3 dual core whereas the forth is a tri-core i think, but then the tri-core has a lower processor speed and lower cache level and memory....i'm more than a little confused! Could someone pass on some wisdom and advice please!

Thanks, much appreciated

Amateur

Hi Ishu,

I was the guy a while back asking you all sorts of questions....my PC finally arrived (AMD Athlon II x4 2.8ghz 4gb Ram Nvidia 7100 i think- cr@p i know) and after all the deciding i think i'll stick with integrated graphics for now, and run either 2d of 3d on low perhaps....I never asked the no. of leagues you reckon i could run and players i could load? Thanks for all your help and time on this thread from all of us idiots :-)

Amateur

Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get FM 2011, which will be my first FM game. I've played EHM for about 5 years and loved it. Wish there would be new versions coming out, but am now going to get FM. I'm not great with video specs and stuff like that. Will this system be able to run the game?

System
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer TOSHIBA
    Model Satellite L300
    Total amount of system memory 3.00 GB RAM
    System type 64-bit operating system (VISTA 64 Business SP2)
    Number of processor cores 2
    Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz

Storage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 231 GB
    Disk partition (C 65 GB Free (151 GB Total)
    Media drive (D CD/DVD
    Disk partition (E 51 GB Free (80 GB Total)

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Total available graphics memory 1341 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 128 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 1213 MB
    Display adapter driver version 7.15.10.1502
    Primary monitor resolution 1280x800
    DirectX version DirectX 10

I think everything else should be fine, but I don't understand anything about the videocard. Thanks guys.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Try to maintain/optimize your PC.
    Download and use "Piriform CCleaner", a disk defragment software and remove all junk with an antivirus, antispyware etc. This kinda stuff.
    Try using a software called "Gamebooster"

If you are on Vista/7,
    Right click the FM shortcut and select properties. Go to compatibility tab and select disable visual themes.

Actually I would advise against using the "Gamebooster" programe on laptops as it can kill your laptop battery as it's done with mine 3 times now

Semi Pro

pb1uk
    2nd and 3rd are ...... same .
    The cache in i3 350Ms is lower but its L3 cache, while N830 (4th) has L2 cache.

CPU are similar in 2,3,4
    Graphics is better in 4th (slightly)
    Build quality is better in 2,3 (slightly).

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by yellowadzy View Post
    Hi Ishu,

I was the guy a while back asking you all sorts of questions....my PC finally arrived (AMD Athlon II x4 2.8ghz 4gb Ram Nvidia 7100 i think- cr@p i know) and after all the deciding i think i'll stick with integrated graphics for now, and run either 2d of 3d on low perhaps....I never asked the no. of leagues you reckon i could run and players i could load? Thanks for all your help and time on this thread from all of us idiots :-)
    I remember.
    Which Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
    Hey guys,

I think everything else should be fine, but I don't understand anything about the videocard. Thanks guys.
    Everything is above minimum spec including graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by theBantams View Post
    Actually I would advise against using the "Gamebooster" programe on laptops as it can kill your laptop battery as it's done with mine 3 times now
    I disagree. Li-ion batteries degrade over time. Its natural.
    And Gamebooster shuts background junk. It will in theory, increase battery life

Amateur

How many leagues will this run:

* AMD Phenom II X4 970
    * Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
    * ATI 5850 or AMD 6870 (will be choosing one of these soon)
    * 4GB DDR3 PC3-10600 (Crucial Brand)
    * 2x 1TB Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3
    * Corsair TX 650 W Power Supply
    * Xclio / Meridian Technology A380PLUS-36 Black Tower
    * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

I ask because this is the PC I intend to build shortly, but I only have my laptop now.

I only ever have 1 single game so I will be starting the game on my laptop but with the amount of leagues that I can run for the above machine. I know it will be slow, but it will do for a month or so until it is built and then I can transfer my save over.

Semi Pro

It can run most game on max. FM too.
    All leagues

Amateur

Thanks for help Ishu, i know i've asked loads of questions. Final one now hopefully!

A few minutes after i posted i realised the 2nd and 3rd are the same!

I think i want to go for that one:

Just a final confirm, will the above run Prem-blue sq n/s , large database with top players loaded from all continents, with game mode 2D sweetly?

Semi Pro

Thanks for help Ishu, i know i've asked loads of questions. Final one now hopefully!
    A few minutes after i posted i realised the 2nd and 3rd are the same!
    I think i want to go for that one:
    Just a final confirm, will the above run Prem-blue sq n/s , large database with top players loaded from all continents, with game mode 2D sweetly?
    This one will run 20 leagues easily with some 60,000 players. And it can run 3D on high. So you are good to go.

Amateur

Ishu have a slight problem....Firstly I downloaded FM10 a couple a days ago to test 3D out and it worked perfectly but for the last couple of days when I click start match a Blue screen appears like this....

Any help?

Semi Pro
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...

Update you graphics driver.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FootyKing View Post
    Ishu have a slight problem....Firstly I downloaded FM10 a couple a days ago to test 3D out and it worked perfectly but for the last couple of days when I click start match a Blue screen appears like this....

Any help?
    Its to do with Intel Pentium M processor.
    Click Start--> Run, type "devmgmt.msc", press ENTER.
    In Device Manager, expand Processors.
    Right-click Intel Pentium M processor, and click Update Driver.
    "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?", No
    Next, click Install automatically.

Amateur

This one will run 20 leagues easily with some 60,000 players. And it can run 3D on high. So you are good to go.
    Magic, i'll get my order in and book my days off work for the release! Thanks for all your help

Amateur

I remember.
    Which Windows?
    Win 7 32-bit

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by yellowadzy View Post
    Win 7 32-bit
    40 leagues with 40 to 50 k players.
    64bit would have let you up that to 80k players.

Amateur

Its to do with Intel Pentium M processor.
    Click Start--> Run, type "devmgmt.msc", press ENTER.
    In Device Manager, expand Processors.
    Right-click Intel Pentium M processor, and click Update Driver.
    "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?", No
    Next, click Install automatically.
    I did that Ishu but they said they couldn't find a better match then what I have any other options?

Semi Pro

I did that Ishu but they said they couldn't find a better match then what I have any other options?
    Try to uninstall then repeat.

Amateur

hi,any help would be appreciated. how many leagues could i run at a decent speed and with a long term save? amd turion 64x2 mobile technology tl-60 2ghz 3gb ram. 32 bit operating system. help in advance for any feedback!!

Semi Pro

15 to 20 leagues with 30,000 players.

Amateur

Cheers for the reply but when I try loading 15 to 20 leagues I have way more than 30,000 players. What should I do? lower the league amount to accomodate 30,000 players?

Semi Pro

Try and upgrade your graphic drivers also.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nothappy View Post
    Cheers for the reply but when I try loading 15 to 20 leagues I have way more than 30,000 players. What should I do? lower the league amount to accomodate 30,000 players?
    Can be upped to 40,000 players.
    To lower no. use a Medium DB or make some league View-Only

Banned

So my PSU blew up a couple of months back and now my Graphics card wont run because there is not enough power so I am looking to replace it. Was thinking of getting a 8500GT as I only wont it to run the FM 2011 ME, but it uses PCI E now I do have a PCI E slot but I am wanting a normal PCI graphics card, which is the best option so that the game will run smoothly.

Also currently I have an on-board Nvida GeForce 8200

Semi Pro

Shouldn't you buy a new PSU??

Banned

Shouldn't you buy a new PSU??
    I no I should but this Graphics card I have is pretty big and when I stick it in my computer the fan spins on it for about 2 seconds then it goes of and the PC shuts down, lack of power so ye mite need a new PSU but I only have 30 quid and I need a 500w with specific requirements, will have a look for once.

Any online sites where I could look for a PSU, tried ebay and they have a few options.
    Last edited by chrisy; 20-10-2010 at 23:54.

Amateur

Hey Ishu,
    I'll take you up on your very kind offer re build suggestions. If I can cap the spending to say $600 AUD or thereabouts I'll be very pleased. Are you sure I'll find something similar? A poster said earlier that you recommended a build and he can run almost all leagues, what was it? Will I struggle to find parts in Australia? I'm open to options, doesn't need to be the best machine on the planet, just better than my current one.

Thanks appreciate it

Amateur

Hi on the pc requirements it says if you have XP your pc should be 2ghz or faster mine is only 1.83 will that still be ok

Amateur

Hi,

am looking at getting FM11, having not played FM for years.

I have a Mac that runs OS X Tiger 10.4.11 with a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

I see that its not supported on the minimum requirements. Does that mean FM11 won't run on my mac, or it will run but really slowly, or won't have 3D?
    Thanks for your help!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chrisy View Post
    I no I should but this Graphics card I have is pretty big and when I stick it in my computer the fan spins on it for about 2 seconds then it goes of and the PC shuts down, lack of power so ye mite need a new PSU but I only have 30 quid and I need a 500w with specific requirements, will have a look for once.

Any online sites where I could look for a PSU, tried ebay and they have a few options.
    Corsair CX400 £35
    You can even find this for much lesser with a coupon.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Scots View Post
    Hi on the pc requirements it says if you have XP your pc should be 2ghz or faster mine is only 1.83 will that still be ok
    Depends on what CPU you have. Will run.
    To find out the CPU, Right click My Copmputers and Select Properties.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebelief View Post
    Hi,

am looking at getting FM11, having not played FM for years.

I have a Mac that runs OS X Tiger 10.4.11 with a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

I see that its not supported on the minimum requirements. Does that mean FM11 won't run on my mac, or it will run but really slowly, or won't have 3D?
    Thanks for your help!
    You need to buy the latest MAC OS Disc.

Amateur

Hello again,

I thought i had my choice sorted, but turns out I don't. Think i'm going to need Windows 7 Professional! How would the following run FM11

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/227402

Amateur

Depends on what CPU you have. Will run.
    To find out the CPU, Right click My Copmputers and Select Properties.

You need to buy the latest MAC OS Disc.
    Thanks Ishu!
    Not the answer I wanted :-) but thanks for getting back to me

Semi Pro

Hey Ishu,
    I'll take you up on your very kind offer re build suggestions. If I can cap the spending to say $600 AUD or thereabouts I'll be very pleased. Are you sure I'll find something similar? A poster said earlier that you recommended a build and he can run almost all leagues, what was it? Will I struggle to find parts in Australia? I'm open to options, doesn't need to be the best machine on the planet, just better than my current one.
    Thanks appreciate it
    Do THIS and report back. That guy had $1000 AUD budget so yours won't be the same.

Semi Pro

Hello again,

I thought i had my choice sorted, but turns out I don't. Think i'm going to need Windows 7 Professional! How would the following run FM11

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/227402
    Looks good except that it lacks RAM which is important to FM. Its (RAM) easy to upgrade though.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebelief View Post
    Thanks Ishu!
    Not the answer I wanted :-) but thanks for getting back to me
    No problem and well sorry

Amateur

Looks good except that it lacks RAM which is important to FM. Its (RAM) easy to upgrade though.
    How many leagues/players would it be capable of?

Amateur

It can run most game on max. FM too.
    All leagues
    All leagues? Surely not. How many leagues are there in FM again? Including different divisions etc, I like to start lowest possible.

Semi Pro

How many leagues/players would it be capable of?
    With 2GB RAM - 20 leagues with 30,000 players. (Hard to hit 20 leagues with only 30k players)
    With 4GB RAM - 25 leagues with 60,000 players.

Amateur

With 2GB RAM - 20 leagues with 30,000 players. (Hard to hit 20 leagues with only 30k players)
    With 4GB RAM - 25 leagues with 60,000 players.
    Many thanks again Ishu.

Would i cope with my usual England Blue Square N/S upwards with top players from all continents loaded?

Semi Pro

Probably yes.

Amateur

Do THIS and report back. That guy had $1000 AUD budget so yours won't be the same.
    Ishu, what does this link go to? What am I downloading?

Amateur

I'm considering buying a netbook or laptop to play Fm2011 on, I don't need a massive amount of leagues loaded, about 10 at the very most. Preferably with a big database, don't mind running it in 2D. Can anyone recommend me the cheapest one?

Thanks

Semi Pro

Ishu, what does this link go to? What am I downloading?
    This will scan your PC to find out the RAM and MOBO.

Quote Originally Posted by AVFC4LIFE View Post
    I'm considering buying a netbook or laptop to play Fm2011 on, I don't need a massive amount of leagues loaded, about 10 at the very most. Preferably with a big database, don't mind running it in 2D. Can anyone recommend me the cheapest one?
    Thanks
    Lenovo
    SONY

Amateur

Lenovo
    SONY
    Slightly a bit out of my price range sadly, I'll see if there is any decent refurbs of them available. What kind of graphics card would you recommend as that's the only thing I'm a bit unsure of?

Semi Pro

Slightly a bit out of my price range sadly, I'll see if there is any decent refurbs of them available. What kind of graphics card would you recommend as that's the only thing I'm a bit unsure of?
    Almost any graphic card will do for FM. Whats your exact budget?
    You might want a netbook?

Amateur

Almost any graphic card will do for FM. Whats your exact budget?
    You might want a netbook?
    Hopefully around £250 if possible but I may be able to stretch a little bit further if that is too low, Wouldn't mind a netbook if they are generally cheaper, refurbished wouldn't be a problem either really

Semi Pro

Amateur

You're an absolute legend mate! Anyone in particular you think I should go for?

Amateur

Lenovo
    SONY
    I can report the following:

The following is a list of what our scan was able to detect:
    System Manufacturer: GBT___
    System Model: NVDAACPI
    Motherboard Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    Motherboard Model: GA-M55SLI-S4

drop down arrow
    Your Computer Specifications

1024 MB
    DDR PC2-5300
    1024 MB
    DDR PC2-5300
    1024 MB
    DDR PC2-5300
    1024 MB
    DDR PC2-5300

* Maximum Memory Capacity: 16777216 MB
    * Currently Installed Memory: 4096 MB
    * Available Memory Slots: N.A.
    * Total Memory Slots: 4
    * Dual Channel Support: N.A.
    * CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
    * CPU Family: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ Model 3, Stepping 3
    * CPU Speed: 3000 MHz

Semi Pro

1st one ???

@ AVFC4LIFE
    Last edited by Ishu; 21-10-2010 at 14:22.

Amateur

1st one ???

@ AVFC4LIFE
    I noticed the processor is 1.8 ghz but the spec posted in this thread states that it needs 2ghz processor with Vista?

Semi Pro

I can report the following:
    Your options
    Upgrade CPU and keep same RAM and GPU(Cheaper)
    Upgrade CPU, Mobo, RAM. Keep same GPU

Do you WANT to upcrade GPU (Not necessary for FM)?
    HDD is Ok at 250GB. Do you need more?

Choose .

Semi Pro

I noticed the processor is 1.8 ghz but the spec posted in this thread states that it needs 2ghz processor with Vista?
    Its a Dual Core. 2Ghz is for single core.

Amateur

Your options
    Upgrade CPU and keep same RAM and GPU(Cheaper)
    Upgrade CPU, Mobo, RAM. Keep same GPU

Do you WANT to upcrade GPU (Not necessary for FM)?
    HDD is Ok at 250GB. Do you need more?

Choose .
    I'm an options man, can I get a build spec for the two options please

1) If I upgrade the CPU I need a new motherboard right? Really this option is keepingg my current set up but just smacking in a better CPU right?
    2) Why not get an idea of this, sounds interesting... ;-)

The GPU has been OK so far, it's a down grade from what I had before but gaming wise I'm only on FM...
    Yeah, HDD is good but it's about 5 yrs old (so is the whole system) does this matter? It's also starting to make strange noises every now and then (just too loud)

Semi Pro

I'm an options man, can I get a build spec for the two options please
    1) If I upgrade the CPU I need a new motherboard right? Really this option is keepingg my current set up but just smacking in a better CPU right?
    2) Why not get an idea of this, sounds interesting... ;-)

The GPU has been OK so far, it's a down grade from what I had before but gaming wise I'm only on FM...
    Yeah, HDD is good but it's about 5 yrs old (so is the whole system) does this matter? It's also starting to make strange noises every now and then (just too loud)
    1) This option will get you a new CPU which is supported by your current Mobo. Won't be much of an upgrade but a lot cheaper
    2) This will replace almost everything in your PC Cabinet. Much more effective but will obviously cost lot more.

IMO GPU is good enough for FM and you'll need to increase your budget to get a new one.

5yrs is OK. Might fail anytime .

PS choose one. I'm not building two rigs

Amateur

Hi ishu

my computer properties says
    Windows Vista intel core duo processor t5550 @ 1.83 Ghz
    2.00GB
    32 BIT operating system

Its an asus F5SL series

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Scots View Post
    Hi ishu

my computer properties says
    Windows Vista intel core duo processor t5550 @ 1.83 Ghz
    2.00GB
    32 BIT operating system

Its an asus F5SL series
    Guessing its a 'how many leagues ques'
    20 with 30 to 40k players.

Amateur

cool thats alright then thanks ishu =]

Semi Pro

No probs

Amateur

1) This option will get you a new CPU which is supported by your current Mobo. Won't be much of an upgrade but a lot cheaper
    2) This will replace almost everything in your PC Cabinet. Much more effective but will obviously cost lot more.

IMO GPU is good enough for FM and you'll need to increase your budget to get a new one.

5yrs is OK. Might fail anytime .

PS choose one. I'm not building two rigs
    I didn't think my current mobo could support a better (quad core?) CPU? How much faster (fm league wise lol) could the current setup with a new CPU go?

I'm thinking new CPU/mobo and new HDD. Keep current graphics card. Do I need new ram or is the current lot ok? How much would a quicker graphic card cost btw?

Amateur

Removing the matrox will do it tbh.
    Thanks dude - it seems to work fine! Took the card out and installed the demo and it works!

Totally struggling to get to grips with the changes since FM08 - so much info and the way the tool bars are etc.......the 3D seems to play fine although I couldn't see a stadium or crowd (saw a post about that earlier)! pre ordering this now!

Semi Pro

I didn't think my current mobo could support a better (quad core?) CPU? How much faster (fm league wise lol) could the current setup with a new CPU go?
    I'm thinking new CPU/mobo and new HDD. Keep current graphics card. Do I need new ram or is the current lot ok? How much would a quicker graphic card cost btw?
    New mobo will need new RAM. And a quicker GPU will be around £50 to 100.
    BTW if you can sell your current setup to someone/ebay it will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by bc1sjw View Post
    Thanks dude - it seems to work fine! Took the card out and installed the demo and it works!
    Great.
    I'm downloading it now. Very excited

Amateur

http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/samsung...tab-tech-specs

Ishu, will this one run Fm2011 ok? Should the graphics card be alright?

Semi Pro

Its got a slow/power saving CPU & the Graphic card I have.
    3D will run fine on high.
    But only 3 to 5 leagues with max 10,000 players.

Amateur

Its got a slow/power saving CPU & the Graphic card I have.
    3D will run fine on high.
    But only 3 to 5 leagues with max 10,000 players.
    Do you think the Medion ES211 one you posted earlier would be a better purchase?

Semi Pro

Yes

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    I know, it's impressive. The ME looks brilliant this year so I'm surprised the graphic card specs have stayed the same. Well done SI.
    It's about time the engine started looking anywhere near the specs it demands - have you actually seen what other developers can do with similar resourses?

bearing in mind that fm09 demanded the same gfx resources as bioshock for instance.

Part-timer

Star system doesnot work in FM10.
    64bit will be very useful. 32bit can only read 3.5GB RAM. your 2.5 GB is wasted right now.

And I'd say 30-40 leagues with 100,000 players.
    Actually 32bit is still not a disadvantage for long term games.

Even if you play with 64bit and the extra Ram that gives you - the game still increases VERY quickly into unplayable territory when the save game becomes massive. If you want to play a long term game, you need to start with less leagues anyway - so it should be operating at well below 2GB at the start of game to remain playable after many seasons.

RAM alone is not going to help - you would need to have a much faster CPU and a much faster hard drive as well (unless you want to wait several minutes for the game to save). At the moment, the balance doesn't make much difference in favor of 64bit systems after a few seasons because it will not be the RAM that is the major source of any bottleneck - it will still be the CPU.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kickballz View Post
    Actually 32bit is still not a disadvantage for long term games.
    Never said that.

Amateur

Hey everyone, was searching for this kind of thread...
    My old PC didn't play the latest versions of FM, namely 2010, for whatever reasons...But I am going to buy a new one I think, of course I'll be looking to get a machine that runs FM and all future versions pretty well, these are the specs of the prospective system in mind....I seriously know nothing about graphic cards or processors - I know the memory is fine mind you

Processor AMD Phenom II X2 545 Processor
    - 3.0 GHz
    - 2.0 GHz HT
    - 6MB L3Cache
    RAM - 4 GB installed DDR2 RAM
    - 4GB maximum RAM capacity
    Graphics card ATI Radeon HD 5550
    - 512GB dedicated GDDR5 memory
    Screen type None
    Hard drive 500GB 7200rpm SATA II

If anyone can offer any advice I would be grateful, I imagine it will run it ok, but in terms of quality would this be a good buy for running FM well?

Semi Pro

Yep, that PC will run FM really well. 30-40 leagues, 70,000-80,000 players. Get it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTime View Post
    Yep, that PC will run FM really well. 30-40 leagues, 70,000-80,000 players. Get it.
    You have made my mind up - Thanks for the reply!

Amateur

New mobo will need new RAM. And a quicker GPU will be around £50 to 100.
    BTW if you can sell your current setup to someone/ebay it will be great.

Great.
    I'm downloading it now. Very excited
    Ok so we are looking at new mobo/CPU, new ram, faster hdd (what's the best re quickness) and maybe a graphics card.

Ok people, any build suggestions for a Fm11 machine (long term save) ?? The only gaming I do is FM. The rest is surfing the web and working from home

Semi Pro

But why are you buying a board with DDR2 RAM? Its EOL.

@mon irl
    Last edited by Ishu; 23-10-2010 at 06:06.

Semi Pro

Ok so we are looking at new mobo/CPU, new ram, faster hdd (what's the best re quickness) and maybe a graphics card.

Ok people, any build suggestions for a Fm11 machine (long term save) ?? The only gaming I do is FM. The rest is surfing the web and working from home
    You selling the older one? Budget?

Lurker

Hello lads, right then, unfortunately I am another that needs to upgrade in order to get a smooth 3D view on high settings. Currently on a crappy cheapo Acer laptop so it's struggled with processing large games since fm09. Can anyone recommend a decent laptop that will be able to run the full 3D settings smoothly whilst also being able to run a whopper number of leagues? If anyone has also just upgraded and it's looking mint do let me know! I feel that this year is the first year that 3D doesn't let the rest of the game down so year-on-year this part is coming on nicely. Now all I need is Charlton to be taken-over by a tycoon and the world will be good again

Budget can go to £600 ish but obvs the best value for money option wins every time.

Amateur

How many leagues for this one?

Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU 2.3GHz
    T4500 @2.3GHz
    3GB RAM
    64bit Windows 7

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Fish View Post
    Hello lads, right then, unfortunately I am another that needs to upgrade in order to get a smooth 3D view on high settings. Currently on a crappy cheapo Acer laptop so it's struggled with processing large games since fm09. Can anyone recommend a decent laptop that will be able to run the full 3D settings smoothly whilst also being able to run a whopper number of leagues? If anyone has also just upgraded and it's looking mint do let me know! I feel that this year is the first year that 3D doesn't let the rest of the game down so year-on-year this part is coming on nicely. Now all I need is Charlton to be taken-over by a tycoon and the world will be good again

Budget can go to £600 ish but obvs the best value for money option wins every time.
    I have exactly this question also (minus the bit about Charlton).

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by drinkup View Post
    these are what i bought for myself.....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231133

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231179

ohh...and as for just adding 2gb to your existing 4gb...it is possible, BUT it is highly recommended for all your sticks to be the same brand, latencies, timings, voltage etc.
    Does newegg ship to Australia?

Amateur

You selling the older one? Budget?
    Ishu, budget between $600 to $1000 AUD.

For actually purchasing the hardware, wheredo you suggest?
    Is this website any good price wise etc?:

Www.eyo.com.au

Thanks Ishu

Amateur

Right, downloaded the demo and I'm finding the overall performance of the 3D match engine far far worse than FM 2010 to the point where I'm going to have to stop using it, which will in turn stop me buying the game.

My Laptop is a Lenovo T400
    - Intel Core2 Duo
    - P8400 @ 2.26Ghz
    - 2GB RAM

Any thoughts, anything I can do or should have/not have running? I've disabled as many other apps as possible, so the only things running really are the AV and Firewall.

I'm only running one league, just a quickstart English piece... I've maxed out virtual memory as well to see if that smooths things over, but no real difference.

The only thing I can think of is that my graphics card is integrated, not standalone, however I'm not running a complex game and the rest of the specs should be more than sufficient to make up for the rest of it.
    Last edited by walsall_stu; 23-10-2010 at 14:44.

Amateur

Hi Ishu
    How many leagues will this run

64bit Windows 7
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3.10
    1TB Samsung HD103SJ
    4GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400
    Graphics Card 4850 512MB

Amateur

But why are you buying a board with DDR2 RAM? Its EOL.

@mon irl
    I have no idea to tell you the truth, thats just the specs as copied off the site. I don't know what it means lol :-(

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TONY1969 View Post
    Hi Ishu
    How many leagues will this run

64bit Windows 7
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3.10
    1TB Samsung HD103SJ
    4GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400
    Graphics Card 4850 512MB
    Around 40 leagues and 80,000 players.

Amateur

nice one TigerTime

Amateur

Thumbs up

hi im looking at getting a new laptop for fm11 . i have a budget of around £400. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

How many leagues will this laptop run?

64bit Windows 7
    Intel i5-450( 2.4ghz turbo boost 2.66ghz
    640gb HD
    4GB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]
    Graphics Card 1GB ATI HD5470

Amateur

just wondering will this be ok for fm11? i'm esp. worried abt my graphics card . thx

[System]
    CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz
    Frequency 2780 MHz
    No. of CPUs 2
    OS Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
    System Type: 32 bit OS

Graphics Card Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
    Chipset Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    VRAM 1294.0MB
    DAC Internal
    Driver igdumdx32.dll
    Version 8.15.10.2189
    Vendor ID 32902
    Device ID 11810
    Subsystem ID 44830760
    Revision Level 3
    WHQL Certification Level 1
    Local VRAM 128.0MB
    Available VRAM 1294.6MB
    Available Texture Memory 1290.0MB
    Vertex Shader 3.0
    Pixel Shader 3.0
    DirectX Version 10.0
    Sound Card Realtek Digital Output(RCA) (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Sound Card Driver RTKVHDA.sys
    Version 6.0.1.5663
    Updated 7-11-2008

Network Card Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Network Card Driver RTL8169.sys
    Version 6.227.902.2009
    Updated 9-2-2009
    CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S ATA Device
    System Model Dell Inc.
    System Manufacturer Studio 540

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by QuincyOwusu-Abeyie View Post
    How many leagues for this one?

Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU 2.3GHz
    T4500 @2.3GHz
    3GB RAM
    64bit Windows 7
    Just upping this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast