+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,100 of 2120

Thread: FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

  1. #2001
    Reserves
    Join Date
    14th March 2004
    Location
    Phnom Penh!
    Posts
    10,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0gris View Post
    Ehhh, it might be able to do 20-25, but not with a lot of speed. Smooth 3D should work, but it's going to be pretty much equivalent to FA in the quality department.
    Sorry, don't follow you; do you mean the 3D will be poor quality? In what way? Or do you mean the 3D will be fine and something else will be crap??


    TA - cheers. I notice the laptop you link to has a Dual-core Intel® Celeron® T3500 processor. How does that compare to the i3? Slower, isn't it? Otherwise, it has more RAM and HD than the one i'm looking at for the same price.
    Last edited by phnompenhandy; 11-10-2011 at 22:21.

  2. #2002
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    Sorry, don't follow you; do you mean the 3D will be poor quality? In what way? Or do you mean the 3D will be fine and something else will be crap??


    TA - cheers. I notice the laptop you link to has a Dual-core Intel® Celeron® T3500 processor. How does that compare to the i3? Slower, isn't it? Otherwise, it has more RAM and HD than the one i'm looking at for the same price.
    Hi phnompenhandy ,

    Sorry the link I orignally posted is now not available fella , was available the time I posted - (http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...34174-pdt.html) Product unavailable , the one you mentioned was a recomendation PC world had ( poor one at that lol) I'l keep a look out for you fella
    Last edited by TiltonArmy; 11-10-2011 at 22:32. Reason: .

  3. #2003
    Reserves
    Join Date
    14th March 2004
    Location
    Phnom Penh!
    Posts
    10,298

    Default

    Magic, thanks mate!!

  4. #2004
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    Magic, thanks mate!!
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...34188-pdt.html

    There you go bud , looks like the i3's around the £300 mark are selling fast , it is a good price mind

  5. #2005
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd July 2007
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiltonArmy View Post
    Yes fella , this is a decent one , just over your budget but worth the little bit extra

    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...83798-pdt.html

    Or you could always go to your nearest store and look at the clearence section , I got £100 off mine in clearence/sale

    Thanks buddy

    What do you think of the below? Worth the price?

    http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy...-Laptop/715468

    Cheers

  6. #2006
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gooner View Post
    Thanks buddy

    What do you think of the below? Worth the price?

    http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy...-Laptop/715468

    Cheers
    Specs look OK , GHZ @2.1 per channel might have a factor , I would look for 2.5 GHZ and above personally

    The Product Description is different to the Technical specifications stated in the ad , Id check that out cuz there is a bit of a difference

    Still a good price either way

    Good chip/good RAM/ Loads of HD space



  7. #2007
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd July 2007
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Hmmmm its what to go for really, is the Packard Bell a better laptop?

  8. #2008
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    Sorry, don't follow you; do you mean the 3D will be poor quality? In what way? Or do you mean the 3D will be fine and something else will be crap??


    TA - cheers. I notice the laptop you link to has a Dual-core Intel® Celeron® T3500 processor. How does that compare to the i3? Slower, isn't it? Otherwise, it has more RAM and HD than the one i'm looking at for the same price.
    No, 3D will work, just don't expect it to look any good, depending on how well optimized the game is maybe medium at a push, but as i said, won't look too nice but will work without any problems.

    EDIT: Actually, it might be able to push up to high; But i wouldnt count on it too much, either way, 3D will work just fine.
    Last edited by 0gris; 11-10-2011 at 23:34.

  9. #2009
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gooner View Post
    Hmmmm its what to go for really, is the Packard Bell a better laptop?
    Both are capable to run FM12 m8.

    For the extra £40 you do get a better spec - i5/ and the enhanced GHZ , The Packard Bell has less RAM/Hardrive but has the better Processor - RAM and external HD'S are cheap.

    Personally I'd go for the i5 purely for the Processor

  10. #2010
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0gris View Post
    No, 3D will work, just don't expect it to look any good, depending on how well optimized the game is maybe medium at a push, but as i said, won't look too nice but will work without any problems.

    EDIT: Actually, it might be able to push up to high; But i wouldnt count on it too much, either way, 3D will work just fine.

    0gris I have the exact same GC and the 3D looks fine m8 ,no blocky gameplay , just perfect TBH

  11. #2011
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th November 2006
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0gris View Post
    Depends on your version of windows. On XP it should be alright, on 7 it's a bit crap though. Anything below 2 gigs is pushing it, even 2 is low. 4 should be the minimum if you consider buying a new PC really. This is obviously reffering to more than just FM atm
    i'm on vista is 1.50gb to low on that my computer ispackard bell

  12. #2012
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th November 2006
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    Unless you plan on loading a gazillion leagues, you'll be fine.
    i will only have the scottish premier league, english leagfue 2 up to the premier league and the spannish top league and maybe seria a

  13. #2013
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiltonArmy View Post
    0gris I have the exact same GC and the 3D looks fine m8 ,no blocky gameplay , just perfect TBH
    I was reffering to the level of detail, even on low it doesn't look block. This isn't 2000 anymore. As i said, medium sure, high MAAAAAAAAAAYBE. It's not about something being blocky or not, there's little actual difference between low and high when it comes to looks(the effects drain a ton of graphical power for some reason)

  14. #2014
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0gris View Post
    I was reffering to the level of detail, even on low it doesn't look block. This isn't 2000 anymore. As i said, medium sure, high MAAAAAAAAAAYBE. It's not about something being blocky or not, there's little actual difference between low and high when it comes to looks(the effects drain a ton of graphical power for some reason)
    As phnompenhandy stated "I want a smooth 3D ME." I was simply stating and giving advice on my spec and how the game runs , level of detail wasent even mentioned

    BTW FIFA 12 on my graphics card runs just as well and that takes a fair bit of resourses

  15. #2015
    Reserves
    Join Date
    14th March 2004
    Location
    Phnom Penh!
    Posts
    10,298

    Default

    Still not entirely clear about the graphics. Do you mean it will struggle if I have stadium, weather etc ticked? How about outside scenes? Really i'd like to have everything ticked and the 3D look and run well.

    The machine i'm eyeing has only 2GB RAM. How much for 2 more RAM these days, and how much to up it to 8GB? Where is the best place to order it?

    I'd love an i5 processor, but surely it would cost more than an extra 40 quid?

  16. #2016
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    Still not entirely clear about the graphics. Do you mean it will struggle if I have stadium, weather etc ticked? How about outside scenes? Really i'd like to have everything ticked and the 3D look and run well.

    The machine i'm eyeing has only 2GB RAM. How much for 2 more RAM these days, and how much to up it to 8GB? Where is the best place to order it?

    I'd love an i5 processor, but surely it would cost more than an extra 40 quid?
    You could probably have everything ticked at around medim quality and it should still run fairly fine, but I'm not sure if it would be PERFECTLY smooth. Other than that it should be perfectly smooth all the time if you disable one or two things.

    RAM is pretty cheap, 40 quid will get you another 2 gigs. Going for 8 could get a bit more expensive and you probably wouldnt need it with a laptop but it's up to you. And yes, an i5 would cost you a bit more than an extra 40 quid but it is quite a significant difference; In the end it's up to you. An i3 will get the job done, an i5 will get the job done better. Simple as that really.

  17. #2017
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Still not entirely clear about the graphics. Do you mean it will struggle if I have stadium, weather etc ticked? How about outside scenes? Really i'd like to have everything ticked and the 3D look and run well.
    No , I have the exact same graphics card and all the boxes were ticked automatically when I first installed the game , on my older computer only a few were ticked due to the conmputer/graphics card being over 4 years old , if you want I could upload one of my 3D match's on youtube

    The machine i'm eyeing has only 2GB RAM. How much for 2 more RAM these days, and how much to up it to 8GB? Where is the best place to order it?
    Depends on what processor is supporting it , a dual core would be sufficent , could you copy/paste the system your lookintg at for me bud , one way to look at it (- e.g -dual core requires 2 GB RAM/Quad core 3/4 GB RAM for optomise performance) RAM costs approximately £12/15 per GB from Scan.com but would require you to install it yourself (pretty easy TBF) or you could take it to any computer shop to have the RAM installed (probably charge you an arm and a leg lol)

    I'd love an i5 processor, but surely it would cost more than an extra 40 quid?
    That system I was refering to was specific to Lone Gooner's budget fella.


    Sorry if I'm getting all technical , and if theres any more advice you need you can put it on here or send me a prt message

  18. #2018
    Reserves
    Join Date
    14th March 2004
    Location
    Phnom Penh!
    Posts
    10,298

    Default

    No need to upload anything; you're help is marvellous mate.

    As mentioned above, my mind is set on an HP ProBook 4530s pass muster?

    It's got an i3 dual-core processor with an Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000.

    I reckon I can stick the RAM in myself. Trouble is, I'm presuming it comes with a 1 GB stick in each slot, so i'd need to buy 2 @GB sticks - an extra 50-60 quid. That bites a bit for me but with the laptop being a tad under 300 quid I can just about do it. From what you're saying, looks like that will be dandy for FM12. I don't play any other games, so the machine will be more than sufficient for my other uses.

  19. #2019
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0gris View Post
    You could probably have everything ticked at around medim quality and it should still run fairly fine, but I'm not sure if it would be PERFECTLY smooth. Other than that it should be perfectly smooth all the time if you disable one or two things.

    RAM is pretty cheap, 40 quid will get you another 2 gigs. Going for 8 could get a bit more expensive and you probably wouldnt need it with a laptop but it's up to you. And yes, an i5 would cost you a bit more than an extra 40 quid but it is quite a significant difference; In the end it's up to you. An i3 will get the job done, an i5 will get the job done better. Simple as that really.

    Ogris Im not being funny fella but your probably confussing the guy by contridicting the advice Im trying to give.

    I suggested a PC to phnompenhandy's budget as close to my specification as possible , that will run the game/3D ME as well as mine does

    but I'm not sure if it would be PERFECTLY smooth
    It does run perfectly smooth, I am sure, I have that graphics card! FIFA 12 runs smooth I highly doubt FM would require even half of the graphics card power

  20. #2020
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    No need to upload anything; you're help is marvellous mate.

    As mentioned above, my mind is set on an HP ProBook 4530s pass muster?

    It's got an i3 dual-core processor with an Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000.

    I reckon I can stick the RAM in myself. Trouble is, I'm presuming it comes with a 1 GB stick in each slot, so i'd need to buy 2 @GB sticks - an extra 50-60 quid. That bites a bit for me but with the laptop being a tad under 300 quid I can just about do it. From what you're saying, looks like that will be dandy for FM12. I don't play any other games, so the machine will be more than sufficient for my other uses.
    That be fine mate and more than likely if will have 1GB per channel.

    If you decide on that machine my best suggestion would be to go to Scan.com and that site will automatically scan your opponents and make a recommendation to your machines RAM specifics. http://www.scan.co.uk/

    Mine has 4GB (2GB per channel) and it suggested for optimise performance 8GB ( 4 per channel).

    An i3 owuld need at least 4 IMO

  21. #2021
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th March 2007
    Location
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.
    Posts
    6,603

    Default

    For anyone who is interested... AMD Bulldozer reviews are starting to come out. This, unfortunately, doesn't change much - the i5-2500K outperforms the FX-8150. By quite a bit... http://www.anandtech.com/show/4955/t...-fx8150-tested

    Bulldozer's lower-end chips will be reviewed over the next few weeks and we might see some interesting results when comparing price per performance of competing chips against the i5-2400 and i3 Sandy Bridge processors, of course, but the reviews for the FX-8150 simply suggest that unless you have an extremely threaded workload, don't bother with Bulldozer, and Football Manager isn't on that level of "threadedness".

  22. #2022
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd August 2009
    Location
    Lurgan, Co. Armagh
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    True that
    Yet again corrected by Ishu and yet again he's correct. I can't win

    Remember rule 1 of upgrading - never early adopt on first generation releases, in this case the new AMD processors.

    Always...ALWAYS wait for revisions

    Quote Originally Posted by TiltonArmy
    Ogris Im not being funny fella but your probably confussing the guy by contridicting the advice Im trying to give.

    I suggested a PC to phnompenhandy's budget as close to my specification as possible , that will run the game/3D ME as well as mine does
    Checked your spec. You're bang on. Won't be a problem with FM.

  23. #2023
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th August 2011
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    29

    Default

    hello, i just bought a new laptop since it was only £149.99. wondering if its ok for fm2012? and if so how many leagues would be ok for it to still be fast?
    15.6" WXGAG HD Acer CineCrystal™ LED LCD Screen
    2.53GHz Intel Core i3 380M Processor
    4GB DDR3 RAM (2 x 2GB)
    500GB Hard Drive
    i'm hoping the fact it was cheap doesn't mean its ass lol

  24. #2024
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    hello, i just bought a new laptop since it was only £149.99. wondering if its ok for fm2012? and if so how many leagues would be ok for it to still be fast?
    15.6" WXGAG HD Acer CineCrystal™ LED LCD Screen
    2.53GHz Intel Core i3 380M Processor
    4GB DDR3 RAM (2 x 2GB)
    500GB Hard Drive
    i'm hoping the fact it was cheap doesn't mean its ass lol
    Hello , yes that run fine , how did you get it sooo cheap? , thats cheap as chips.
    Where did you buy it from? , also what graphics card does it has? - relevant for the 3D
    Will run between 25/30 leagues comfortably , maybe more , I only run 25/30 myself

    Hope this helps

  25. #2025
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th November 2010
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    hello, i just bought a new laptop since it was only £149.99. wondering if its ok for fm2012? and if so how many leagues would be ok for it to still be fast?
    15.6" WXGAG HD Acer CineCrystal™ LED LCD Screen
    2.53GHz Intel Core i3 380M Processor
    4GB DDR3 RAM (2 x 2GB)
    500GB Hard Drive


    i'm hoping the fact it was cheap doesn't mean its ass lol
    Where on earth did you get that for so little?

  26. #2026
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    Im not a fan of Acer, every single person i know who has owned them say they die after a year or 2 due to overheating.

  27. #2027
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th August 2011
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    29

    Default

    thanks for the info. it has Intel HD Graphics Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 and i bought it at my local asda while i was shopping. it was an impulse buy being it was cheap, i was just praying it was a decent machine since im clueless when it comes to specs lol

  28. #2028
    Reserves
    Join Date
    14th March 2004
    Location
    Phnom Penh!
    Posts
    10,298

    Default

    Damn! I'd have bought that one if I'd known. It's better specs than the one I've got coming tomorrow for just under 300 quid. Hmm, it's too cheap to be credible - what's the hidden story?

  29. #2029
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th August 2011
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    29

    Default

    There isn't a story, they are having an electrical sale untill nov 31st

  30. #2030
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd July 2007
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiltonArmy View Post
    Both are capable to run FM12 m8.

    For the extra £40 you do get a better spec - i5/ and the enhanced GHZ , The Packard Bell has less RAM/Hardrive but has the better Processor - RAM and external HD'S are cheap.

    Personally I'd go for the i5 purely for the Processor
    Thanks for your help mate, sorry to trouble you again but I was thinking its over my budget but looks a great spec at the price:

    http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy...-Laptop/733652

    What do you think? Are Asus usually pretty good?

    Cheers

  31. #2031
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Asus are usually pretty good so can't see how you could go wrong with them. Seems like a fairly good laptop for the price

  32. #2032
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gooner View Post
    Thanks for your help mate, sorry to trouble you again but I was thinking its over my budget but looks a great spec at the price:

    http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy...-Laptop/733652

    What do you think? Are Asus usually pretty good?

    Cheers
    Your not troubling me , I'm more than happy to help

    As 0gris said its a good lappy for the price , very good. shopping around is a good idea , fair play m8

    Compared to the one I found , it has a larger HD , double the RAM (6GB RAM will optimise the speed to the max) for the xtra £70 , good find! Go for it!

    The make of the laptop dosent make much difference tbh , most low to mid makes , use the same componements , its just the aftersales/customer services that make a difference

    EXAMPLE - Sony offer excellent aftersales , extended warranty as standard/replacement product if yours needs fixing/replacing - etc etc , as oppose to a lesser make that only comes with a standard 12 month warranty

    If you need anymore advice feel free to post it or you can PM mate
    Last edited by TiltonArmy; 13-10-2011 at 00:08.

  33. #2033
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    thanks for the info. it has Intel HD Graphics Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 and i bought it at my local asda while i was shopping. it was an impulse buy being it was cheap, i was just praying it was a decent machine since im clueless when it comes to specs lol
    Got a steal there my friend!

  34. #2034
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th March 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    can anyone tell me if this laptop will support fm 2012

    Screen size - 15.6 in - 1366 x 768
    Processor - Intel Celeron 925 - 2.3 GHz
    RAM - 6 GB
    Hard Drive - 250 GB
    Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
    Optical Drive - DVD Rewriter
    Graphics - Intel GMA X4500 3D
    Webcam - Integrated
    Warranty - 1 year warranty

  35. #2035
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wfc_collins View Post
    can anyone tell me if this laptop will support fm 2012

    Screen size - 15.6 in - 1366 x 768
    Processor - Intel Celeron 925 - 2.3 GHz
    RAM - 6 GB
    Hard Drive - 250 GB
    Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
    Optical Drive - DVD Rewriter
    Graphics - Intel GMA X4500 3D
    Webcam - Integrated
    Warranty - 1 year warranty
    it will support it..but..

    Its a single core (obsolete now) so running multiple tasks will be impossible and being a Celeron chip , I wouldnt touch that with a bargepole.

    RAMS V good , just running FM on its own should be pretty fast , hard drives a tad small and the graphics chip would even struggle to run high resolution games from 2008/2009 , don't think it run FM 3D smoothly.

    Personally , I'd go for a more higher spec.

    hope that helps

  36. #2036
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th March 2007
    Location
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.
    Posts
    6,603

    Default

    It's easily one of the most imbalanced laptops I've seen. 6 GB RAM and a single-core...

    I wouldn't get it. It would be painfully slow on that processor. You'd be lucky to load 2 GB worth of stuff into memory with that speed, which is why you certainly don't need 6 GB of RAM. It's a rip-off, really.

  37. #2037
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd July 2007
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiltonArmy View Post
    Your not troubling me , I'm more than happy to help

    As 0gris said its a good lappy for the price , very good. shopping around is a good idea , fair play m8

    Compared to the one I found , it has a larger HD , double the RAM (6GB RAM will optimise the speed to the max) for the xtra £70 , good find! Go for it!

    The make of the laptop dosent make much difference tbh , most low to mid makes , use the same componements , its just the aftersales/customer services that make a difference

    EXAMPLE - Sony offer excellent aftersales , extended warranty as standard/replacement product if yours needs fixing/replacing - etc etc , as oppose to a lesser make that only comes with a standard 12 month warranty

    If you need anymore advice feel free to post it or you can PM mate
    Thanks fella, I did come across this what also seemed a good buy:

    http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy...-Laptop/750255

  38. #2038
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x42bn6 View Post
    It's easily one of the most imbalanced laptops I've seen. 6 GB RAM and a single-core...

    I wouldn't get it. It would be painfully slow on that processor. You'd be lucky to load 2 GB worth of stuff into memory with that speed, which is why you certainly don't need 6 GB of RAM. It's a rip-off, really.
    hahaha , Thats what I thought

    Its like an i7 with 1 gig of RAM lmao
    Last edited by TiltonArmy; 13-10-2011 at 02:10.

  39. #2039
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gooner View Post
    Thanks fella, I did come across this what also seemed a good buy:

    http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy...-Laptop/750255
    Nah mate, AMD Athlon Dual-Core (2 cores) is carp compared to the i5 dude, The i5 you posted is at least 3/4 times more powerfull, better chip AMD v Intel Core , no comparison , better HardDrive , much better Processor.

    I'd take the Asus over the Sony if it was me mate

  40. #2040
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    Damn! I'd have bought that one if I'd known. It's better specs than the one I've got coming tomorrow for just under 300 quid. Hmm, it's too cheap to be credible - what's the hidden story?
    Hi , let me know how you get on when its delivered m8

  41. #2041
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    Just ordered a new laptop from the dell outlet, any ideas how many leagues this would run?

    intel Core i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz
    8 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)
    2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M Graphics card

  42. #2042
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd August 2009
    Location
    Lurgan, Co. Armagh
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiltonArmy View Post
    Nah mate, AMD Athlon Dual-Core (2 cores) is carp compared to the i5 dude, The i5 you posted is at least 3/4 times more powerfull, better chip AMD v Intel Core , no comparison , better HardDrive , much better Processor.

    I'd take the Asus over the Sony if it was me mate
    Defo. i5 is quad, the Athlon 2core won't hold a candle to it. Slower, smaller cache and less cores = less win.

    Stevie...LOTS

  43. #2043
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_G_32201 View Post
    Just ordered a new laptop from the dell outlet, any ideas how many leagues this would run?

    intel Core i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz
    8 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)
    2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M Graphics card
    As many as you'd want to really. Crazy specs for a laptop.

  44. #2044
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th November 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Hi, I'm planning on buying FM12 when it's released, how many leagues and players am I looking at (I like really long games LLM-style)?

    Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
    4 GB DDR2 RAM
    AMD 6750 1GB
    Windows 7

    Thanks
    Last edited by el duderino; 13-10-2011 at 17:53.

  45. #2045
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by el duderino View Post
    Hi, I'm planning on buying FM12 when it's released, how many leagues and players am I looking at (I like really long games LLM-style)?

    Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
    4 GB DDR2 RAM
    AMD 6750 1GB
    Windows 7

    Thanks
    It wont exactly be amazing but you could easily probably run around 20-30 leagues. Depending on if you overclocked your processor or not. A bit of a shame that it's a weak component as the rest of the PC(at least the specs you provided) seems to be pretty good.

  46. #2046
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th November 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0gris View Post
    It wont exactly be amazing but you could easily probably run around 20-30 leagues. Depending on if you overclocked your processor or not. A bit of a shame that it's a weak component as the rest of the PC(at least the specs you provided) seems to be pretty good.
    Thank you. Yes, forgot to write that it's overclocked from default 2.67 to 3.15 GHz. Will that make any significant change?

  47. #2047
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th March 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiltonArmy View Post
    it will support it..but..

    Its a single core (obsolete now) so running multiple tasks will be impossible and being a Celeron chip , I wouldnt touch that with a bargepole.

    RAMS V good , just running FM on its own should be pretty fast , hard drives a tad small and the graphics chip would even struggle to run high resolution games from 2008/2009 , don't think it run FM 3D smoothly.

    Personally , I'd go for a more higher spec.

    hope that helps
    cheers for the reply, I did think that it would'nt run fm 2012 but just wanted to double check on here before I ordered it

  48. #2048
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by el duderino View Post
    Thank you. Yes, forgot to write that it's overclocked from default 2.67 to 3.15 GHz. Will that make any significant change?
    Should help quite a bit with the processing speed. It depends on what you consider fast but really, i wouldnt go above 50 leagues personally(should be PLENTY regardless). It wont move along blazingly fast but it wont take forever to advance the game.

  49. #2049
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2006
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Hey...

    I posted this in it's own thread but thoughts it might get a few more eyes over here and more opinion the better, any help would be muchly appreciated...

    ""Hers the ones I'm looking at: i know a guy who works at JB & can get me most of them 50-80 cheaper most likely going to get it from there

    If you could tell me what is the best over all, best value for money, the difference between AMD Duel Core & i-3 i-5 i-7 when it comes to FM That would just be fantastic!!

    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...otebook/633409

    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...y-scoop/656618

    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...otebook/654514

    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...y-scoop/656621


    There is also this one but not sure if my Budget would stretch http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/55023


    This is the spec for my All-In-One, if i could something for similar performance that would be perfect

    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name WHITTY-PC
    System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
    System Model BK310AA-ABG 200-5020a
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)



    THANKS again for everyone's help!! ""
    Last edited by mojo_pin1; 14-10-2011 at 04:46.

  50. #2050
    Reserves
    Join Date
    14th March 2004
    Location
    Phnom Penh!
    Posts
    10,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiltonArmy View Post
    Hi , let me know how you get on when its delivered m8
    The demo is running beautifully. The 3D is very smooth, even got the outside stadium graphics - sweet.

    It's on auto in Preferences and the only thing unticked is ' deep of field' or whatever it's called. What exactly does that mean? Does it give the pitch a more 3D look?

  51. #2051
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo_pin1 View Post
    Hey...

    I posted this in it's own thread but thoughts it might get a few more eyes over here and more opinion the better, any help would be muchly appreciated...

    ""Hers the ones I'm looking at: i know a guy who works at JB & can get me most of them 50-80 cheaper most likely going to get it from there

    If you could tell me what is the best over all, best value for money, the difference between AMD Duel Core & i-3 i-5 i-7 when it comes to FM That would just be fantastic!!

    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...otebook/633409

    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...y-scoop/656618

    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...otebook/654514

    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...y-scoop/656621


    There is also this one but not sure if my Budget would stretch http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/55023


    This is the spec for my All-In-One, if i could something for similar performance that would be perfect

    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name WHITTY-PC
    System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
    System Model BK310AA-ABG 200-5020a
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)



    THANKS again for everyone's help!! ""
    In my opinion, you should go for the i7.

  52. #2052
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2006
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_G_32201 View Post
    In my opinion, you should go for the i7.

    Thanks for the reply do you mean the one in the JBHI-FIOnline link or the other link, they are both i-7s

  53. #2053
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    The demo is running beautifully. The 3D is very smooth, even got the outside stadium graphics - sweet.

    It's on auto in Preferences and the only thing unticked is ' deep of field' or whatever it's called. What exactly does that mean? Does it give the pitch a more 3D look?
    Auto basicaly sets it to what it thinks your PC will run at(basically, locked 60 FPS for best performance). Depth of field is only available on high settings, meaning yours is locked at medium possibly. As for what it does it sort of makes everything around the focus point of the camera sort of blurry adding an ilussion of depth. Not really worth it IMO.

  54. #2054
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo_pin1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply do you mean the one in the JBHI-FIOnline link or the other link, they are both i-7s
    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...otebook/654514

    This is the one i meant.

  55. #2055
    Reserves
    Join Date
    14th March 2004
    Location
    Phnom Penh!
    Posts
    10,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0gris View Post
    Auto basicaly sets it to what it thinks your PC will run at(basically, locked 60 FPS for best performance). Depth of field is only available on high settings, meaning yours is locked at medium possibly. As for what it does it sort of makes everything around the focus point of the camera sort of blurry adding an ilussion of depth. Not really worth it IMO.
    Ah cheers. Sounds like a nice little touch, but I'm good with what I've got. With the new career setting, I won't load up more than a dozen leagues (possibly a few more if I load uncle ron's L8 English file) so I don't anticipate a slowy with this new rig.

  56. #2056
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_G_32201 View Post
    Just ordered a new laptop from the dell outlet, any ideas how many leagues this would run?

    intel Core i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz
    6 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)
    2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M Graphics card

    It's been shipped

  57. #2057
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th November 2010
    Posts
    615

    Default

    would this be any good for FM. Decentish speed?

    Acer Aspire One D257 10.1 Inch Netbook - White.

    •Intel Atom single core N455 processor.
    •Processor speed 1.66GHz.
    •1GB DDR3 RAM.
    •250GB SATA hard drive.

  58. #2058
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambo95 View Post
    would this be any good for FM. Decentish speed?

    Acer Aspire One D257 10.1 Inch Netbook - White.

    •Intel Atom single core N455 processor.
    •Processor speed 1.66GHz.
    •1GB DDR3 RAM.
    •250GB SATA hard drive.
    You would struggle very much if it starts at all.

  59. #2059
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th November 2010
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_G_32201 View Post
    You would struggle very much if it starts at all.
    That's a shame. NOt even a few leagues?

  60. #2060
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambo95 View Post
    That's a shame. NOt even a few leagues?
    The only way to find out for sure is download the demo and try that.


    www.systemrequirementslab.com is also good for that.

  61. #2061
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th November 2010
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Don't actully have it. I am just browsing.

  62. #2062
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    In general, single core in this day and age is such a massive avoid it's unreal, Or dual core for that matter(unless it's an i series)

  63. #2063
    Banned
    Join Date
    13th October 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    hi all, been searching round for a new desktop.. basically need the works monitor, keyboard etc.. my budget is £500 max, can anyone point me n the right direction please? would be a great help

  64. #2064
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    7th August 2008
    Location
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us
    Posts
    3,415

    Default

    I'm replacing my >5 year old 2 Gig Ram pc with this, (should be delivered tomorrow). Only thing I need to do is install an OS. Got a windows 7 home premium 64bit disk ready and waiting for the arrival of the machine. I'm not too clued up in regards to computer techy stuff, so was hoping to find out from more tech minded sorts in here if I've got my hands on a bargain that'll run FM12 no probs or if I've just wasted £200?

    Processor
    • Intel Pentium Dual Core E5800 Processor 3.2Ghz
    • 2MB Cache
    Memory
    • 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
    • Configuration 1 x 4GB
    • Expandable to 8GB
    • 2 x DIMM slot
    Hard Drive
    • 1TB (1x1TB) SATA II
    Optical Drive
    • Super multi DVDRW
    Software
    • Operating System: None
    Display
    • Monitor not included
    Input Devices
    • Keyboard and Mouse Not Included
    Networking
    • Network Interface: 10/100/1000
    Dimensions
    • Depth 450 mm
    • Width 180 mm
    • Height 360 mm
    Interfaces
    • 3 x Audio jacks
    • 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
    • 1 x PS/2 mouse port
    • 1 x Serial port
    • 6 x USB 2.0 ports
    • 1 x RJ45 LAN port
    • 1 x VGA port
    http://www.ebuyer.com/251310-extra-v...ktop-7873-1036
    Last edited by slipknot67; 19-10-2011 at 19:01.

  65. #2065
    Lurker
    Join Date
    19th October 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi. I bought the following laptop a couple of months ago. I have not bought any FM version since 2007 (!) and I am interested if this one would be good for FM 12. I do not intend to load lots of leagues, but I do plan a long term save.

    The demo runs fine, except that I can not run 3d matches because the screen freezes.


    Dell Inspiron N 7110

    Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 2630 QM CPU @ 2.00 Ghz
    6 GB RAM

    NVIDIA Geforce GT 525 M 1 GB


    Thanks.
    Last edited by rivaldo29; 19-10-2011 at 18:58.

  66. #2066
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivaldo29 View Post
    Hi. I bought the following laptop a couple of months ago. I have not bought any FM version since 2007 (!) and I am interested if this laptop would be good for FM 12. I do not intend to load lots of leagues, but i do plan a long term save.

    The demo runs fine, except that I can not run 3d matches because the screen freezes.


    Dell Inspiron N 7110

    Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 2630 QM CPU @ 2.00 Ghz
    6 GB RAM

    NVIDIA Geforce GT 525 M 1 GB


    Thanks.
    Will be fine, also update your graphics card drivers.

  67. #2067
    Banned
    Join Date
    11th May 2009
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    285

    Default

    can anyone who knows anything about desktops cast their eye over these and recommend one (preferably under £500!) thanks.

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse...7C14419114.htm

  68. #2068
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th December 2007
    Location
    PSN: scottdioyy
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Hi, can someone check out this laptop and tell me if it will be any good for FM12?

    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/acer-as...83822-pdt.html

    Thanks.

  69. #2069
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

  70. #2070
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    29th October 2009
    Location
    On the Cowboy Bebop! PSN: BLUEALIZAE
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    On fm 12 how many leagues

    AMd 965 x4 3.4 ghz
    Ram: 4gb
    Windows 7 64 bit

  71. #2071
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    45 .

  72. #2072
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th December 2007
    Location
    PSN: scottdioyy
    Posts
    160

    Default

    How many leagues do you think that one you recommended me could run?

  73. #2073
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    25 - 30

  74. #2074
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th December 2007
    Location
    PSN: scottdioyy
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Oh cool, I'd be happy with that. Thanks Ishu.

  75. #2075
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    29th October 2009
    Location
    On the Cowboy Bebop! PSN: BLUEALIZAE
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    45 .
    Thanks, what a legend.

  76. #2076
    Lurker
    Join Date
    29th October 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Laptop choice

    Hi guys,

    Considering 2 laptops which are pretty much the same apart from the processor, Samsung build, 6gb RAM.

    One of them has a Intel Core i5-2430 processor (Clock speed 2.4ghz, dual core)

    And the other has an AMD A6-3410MX processor(Clock speed 1.8 ghz, quad core)

    Do you think it will make much difference to running FM11/12 which one I get?

    Guess the Intel will be generally faster at running the game due to the higher clock speed, but have heard the AMD's have better in-built graphics so will run the 3d better?

    Cheers for any recommendations

  77. #2077
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Both are good enough for 3D and good enough for FM.
    I would get the one that has better extras (HDD, RAM etc).

  78. #2078
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st February 2006
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    146

    Gbr

    Im looking at replacing my laptop with one of either of these

    Intel® Core™ i3-2310M processor (2.1 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache) with a dedicated HD Radeon 6490m 1gb, and 4GB RAM (although I may boost to 8gb) 204 Pin SO DIMM DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz

    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavi...83799-pdt.html



    or a 1st Gen Intel® Core™ i5-460M Processor
    - 2.53 GHz
    - 2.5 GT/s DMI
    - 3MB Smart Cache

    with NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 310M-1GB, and 4gb RAM

    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba...27280-pdt.html


    So any tips? 2nd gen i3, or 1st gen i5 and which graphics card?

    Im off to buy it in the morning......

    I want to be able to run plenty of leagues, players and get a good rating for FM2012 and the older versions.

    Cheers in advance
    Last edited by TheYorkshireKing; 30-10-2011 at 01:54.

  79. #2079
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th November 2010
    Location
    alveley uk
    Posts
    116

    Default laptop

    getting a new laptop are these specs ok


    Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM (2 GHz (2.9GHz max turbo freq), 6 MB L3 Smart Cache)
    - 5 GT/s DMI
    - Quad Core
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    RAM 8 GB DDR3
    Graphics card Dedicated AMD Radeon HD 6490M
    Screen type HD+ High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display
    Screen resolution 1600 x 900
    Screen size 17.3"
    Hard drive 2 x 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm
    Optical disk drive Blu-ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Double Layer
    Memory card reader Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader
    USB 2 x USB 2.0 and 2 x USB 3.0
    Modem/Ethernet Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
    WiFi Intel 802.11 b/g/n
    1030 WW+BT-WIDI capable
    Bluetooth Yes
    Video interface 1 x HDMI
    1 x VGA
    Audio interface 2 headphone-out and 1 microphone-in
    Sound Beats sound system with integrated subwoofer
    Integrated Digital Microphone
    Webcam Yes
    Battery 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery
    Additional features Fingerprint reader
    One-touch internet function
    Software included "This PC is optimized for Microsoft® Office 2010. Purchase a
    Product Key Card or Disc to activate full-featured Office software
    preloaded on this PC.
    HP QuickWeb
    HP QuickSynch
    HP CloudDrive (30-days trial)
    HP Setup
    HP Support Assistant
    Cyberlink DVD suite
    HP Games Console
    HP Connection Manager
    Windows Live Applications
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Windows Live Messenger
    Adobe Reader
    Adobe Flash Player"
    Size 416 x 275 x 36 mm
    Weight 3 kg

  80. #2080
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheYorkshireKing View Post
    Im looking at replacing my laptop with one of either of these

    Intel® Core™ i3-2310M processor (2.1 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache) with a dedicated HD Radeon 6490m 1gb, and 4GB RAM (although I may boost to 8gb) 204 Pin SO DIMM DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz

    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavi...83799-pdt.html



    or a 1st Gen Intel® Core™ i5-460M Processor
    - 2.53 GHz
    - 2.5 GT/s DMI
    - 3MB Smart Cache

    with NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 310M-1GB, and 4gb RAM

    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba...27280-pdt.html


    So any tips? 2nd gen i3, or 1st gen i5 and which graphics card?

    Im off to buy it in the morning......

    I want to be able to run plenty of leagues, players and get a good rating for FM2012 and the older versions.

    Cheers in advance
    i3 and 6490M

  81. #2081
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack23 View Post
    getting a new laptop are these specs ok


    Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM (2 GHz (2.9GHz max turbo freq), 6 MB L3 Smart Cache)
    - 5 GT/s DMI
    - Quad Core
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    RAM 8 GB DDR3
    Graphics card Dedicated AMD Radeon HD 6490M
    Screen type HD+ High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display
    Screen resolution 1600 x 900
    Screen size 17.3"
    Hard drive 2 x 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm
    Good CPU, but a FHD screen and a better GFX card might be available for the same price.

  82. #2082
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st February 2006
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Anyone got advice for either a

    HP Pavilion dv6-6176sa

    Intel® Core™ i3-2310M processor (2.1 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache) with a dedicated HD Radeon 6490m 1gb, and 4GB RAM (although I may boost to 8gb) 204 Pin SO DIMM DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz


    or a

    Sony
    VAIO VPCEH1S0E 15

    Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Processor
    - 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost
    - up to 2.90 GHz
    - 3MB L3 Cache

    but with Intel 3000 HD integrated graphics

    or thirdly

    Lenovo Ideapad Z570

    with a i5-2410M
    - 2.3 GHz Clock Speed
    - 3MB Cache

    4GB RAM and Intel 3000 HD graphics


    HELP!

  83. #2083
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    If 3D is important and you wouldn't want to upgrade for a few years, HP.
    If you use 2D, Sony/Lenovo.

    Don't upgrade to 8GB though. You wouldn't need it.

  84. #2084
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st February 2006
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    If 3D is important and you wouldn't want to upgrade for a few years, HP.
    If you use 2D, Sony/Lenovo.

    Don't upgrade to 8GB though. You wouldn't need it.
    Cheers Ishu (are you some kinda pc expert?)

    The RAM will help with other tasks including photo editing and video software


    Ive also found a HP Pavilion dv6-6052ea with a i7-2630QM with a potential Radeon 6490M



    Edit

    The 6052sa was in clearance, but seems to have gone.............Bugger - would have run FM2012 beautifully
    Last edited by TheYorkshireKing; 30-10-2011 at 21:02.

  85. #2085
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st October 2006
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Right, lets say I decide to use our Christmas money savings to go to pc world tomorrow, and lets just pretend that the missus wont mind at all :

    Layman's terms, what do I need to be looking for? All I want is to be able to run 30 or so leagues, with full , high detailed 3d possible.

    Cheers

  86. #2086
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheYorkshireKing View Post
    Cheers Ishu (are you some kinda pc expert?)

    The RAM will help with other tasks including photo editing and video software
    Ram on your graphics card and a proper dedicated video/photo editing card would do you a whole lot better than 4 gigs of extra ram(Then again, i REALLY dont recommend doing any of those on a laptop; You need a beefy rig for video editing and even photo editing for that matter). Besides; 8 shiny gigs of ram looks flashy and all but really, you'd never use up all of them(you'd have to try really hard). Computer components are all related to each other. You can't have one that stands out and the rest mediocre, it'll drag down the performance. Go for the lenovo/sony vaio, you can nearly max out the graphics(and if you don't mind slightly choppy gameplay, you could).

    Welloso. You're looking for a 2500k and a 560Ti(could get a slightly worse card if you dont plan on playing a lot of games, perhaps something like a radeon 5770?). Don't blow all your money on a PC when you wont use it to it's full potential. A rig with those specs(no screen or anything external, already assuming you have that) will run you around 500 quid and will give you some very good performance. If you're into it, an overclocked 2500k is utterly insane.
    Last edited by 0gris; 31-10-2011 at 00:58.

  87. #2087
    Amateur
    Join Date
    31st July 2008
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Hi
    How many leagues could this run;
    Intel dual core t4020 2ghz
    3gb ram

    Thanks

  88. #2088
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    T4020 ?

  89. #2089
    Amateur
    Join Date
    31st July 2008
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    T4020 ?
    Apologies it says intel dual core t4200 @ 2.0ghz

  90. #2090
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    15 .

  91. #2091
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th February 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I run about 20-25 leagues. Nations usually all english leagues inc. lower ones and then top leagues of scotland, spain, italy, france, germany, holland. Sometimes brazil league to. I then use the 'Huge' database thats around online to download and use. This gives me 60-70000 players. It reduces the stars down to 1 star.

    E8200 O/C to 3.2ghz, 4GB 800mhz Memory, ATI 3850 512mb GPU, W7 Ultimate 64Bit.

  92. #2092
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st February 2006
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0gris View Post
    Ram on your graphics card and a proper dedicated video/photo editing card would do you a whole lot better than 4 gigs of extra ram(Then again, i REALLY dont recommend doing any of those on a laptop; You need a beefy rig for video editing and even photo editing for that matter). Besides; 8 shiny gigs of ram looks flashy and all but really, you'd never use up all of them(you'd have to try really hard). Computer components are all related to each other. You can't have one that stands out and the rest mediocre, it'll drag down the performance. Go for the lenovo/sony vaio, you can nearly max out the graphics(and if you don't mind slightly choppy gameplay, you could).

    Is the 2nd gen i5 chip with Integrated graphics, much more than a 2nd gen i3 with 1gb of dedicated graphics??
    Last edited by TheYorkshireKing; 31-10-2011 at 17:30.

  93. #2093
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheYorkshireKing View Post
    1gb of dedicated graphics??
    That could be anything.

  94. #2094
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheYorkshireKing View Post
    Is the 2nd gen i5 chip with Integrated graphics, much more than a 2nd gen i3 with 1gb of dedicated graphics??
    Dedicated graphics will always be faster. However the sand bridge graphic chips are quite strong you're better off going with an i5 and suffering the 5-10 FPS loss.

  95. #2095
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st February 2006
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    That could be anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0gris View Post
    Dedicated graphics will always be faster. However the sand bridge graphic chips are quite strong you're better off going with an i5 and suffering the 5-10 FPS loss.

    its a AMD Radeon HD 6490M 1gb card

  96. #2096
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    I'd still go with the i5. A faster processor goes a longer way with FM. But if you prefer 3D performance by all means, go for the dedicated card.

  97. #2097
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st February 2006
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0gris View Post
    I'd still go with the i5. A faster processor goes a longer way with FM. But if you prefer 3D performance by all means, go for the dedicated card.
    Im all about the 2D and watching the dots run about in the FM series, but Id still like to see the 3D if i choose to in all its (so i hear) power hungry glory.



    but Ive never owned a laptop without decent dedicated graphics and wonder and worry about the Intel 3000HD being able to process HD footage, or DVD's and iplayer type stuff, and run future software.......

    Its gotta last me a fair few years......


    May go with this Toshiba satellite L775

    i5 2430M 2.4 ghz, 6gb RAM

    Intel 3000HD integrated graphics with upto 1696mb (guess thats borrowed from the RAM)



    So, should that run me a huge database and lots of leagues on FM2012 and power through the seasons fast???

    and what about earlier versions, like FM10, and the CM 01-02 / 03-04 series??
    Last edited by TheYorkshireKing; 31-10-2011 at 23:15.

  98. #2098
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th August 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    A fair few years in what terms? Computers get outdated horribly fast. Your i5 will be slow in about 5 months when the new processors come out but yes.

    The intel 3000HD will handle anything you throw at it easily(regarding dvds HD videos and stuff like that) so that's not an issue. Those specs sound O.K for a laptop.

    As for the RAM, Vram and regular ram is completely different. "up to 1696mb" is 6GB regular+1696 video ram, however don't really count on it actually being that high. Regardless, for FM it's waaaaaaaaaay more than enough, especially 2D. And it isn't important at all unless you heavily use photoshop/play video games(which you really shouldnt on a laptop).

  99. #2099
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st February 2006
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Cheers

    I do use Photoshop CS-5/Illustrator through work and plan on using music editing software...... so i wonder if they will be the straw that breaks the intel 3000's back.
    Last edited by TheYorkshireKing; 31-10-2011 at 23:47.

  100. #2100
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st October 2011
    Location
    yorkshire
    Posts
    4

    Default

    could anyone help me my fm12 will only let me play 2d graphics i find this strange as fm11 was perfect with the graphics on 3d match engine my graphics card is an ati radeon 9200 256k its really frustrating me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts