FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

In case you missed it, the system requirements for FM2011 are listed below. They're the same as FM2010's so chances are if you can run FM2010, you will be able to run FM2011. If you're still uncertain, you will be able to try a demo which will *probably* be released around two weeks before the 5th November release date.

You can use this thread to ask for advice on anything computer related, whether it be about buying a new computer, upgrading or about how FM will run on your current computer.

I've closed the old thread so we can focus on advice for FM2011, if you had any unanswered questions in there, please feel free to post them again in here.

PC System Requirements

Processor: XP : 1.4GHz or Faster, Vista/W7 : 2.0GHz or Faster

Memory: XP : 512MB RAM, Vista/W7 : 1.0GB RAM

Graphics: 128MB Supported Chipsets - Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater. Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported

DirectX®: Version 9.0c (included)

Hard Drive: 2GB

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Mac System Requirements

OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later.

Processor: Intel Processor

Memory: 2GB

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 or greater

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inter Quad core 2.4 Ghz with 6GB RAM(using the 32 bit version of Win 7 at the moment but will change to the 64 bit to take a full control over my RAM)

How many leagues will I be able to open with no problems ?

The same number as you could on FM10. You will be able to get a more accurate prediction using the star rating system, when starting up a new game, but I'd say around 40,000 players and 20 leagues should run fine.

its weird cuz right now I have loaded 3 leagues from 3 different countries with Large DB and i'm having 4.5 Stars from 5.

If I load 1 more league,the rating system will be reduced to 4 stars and so on.

Maybe its cuz i have the 32 bit Win 7 ? thats why i'm thinking to install the 64 bit version of the Win 7. (or there wont be any difference ?)

its weird cuz right now I have loaded 3 leagues from 3 different countries with Large DB and i'm having 4.5 Stars from 5.

If I load 1 more league,the rating system will be reduced to 4 stars and so on.

Maybe its cuz i have the 32 bit Win 7 ? thats why i'm thinking to install the 64 bit version of the Win 7. (or there wont be any difference ?)

Star system doesnot work in FM10.

64bit will be very useful. 32bit can only read 3.5GB RAM. your 2.5 GB is wasted right now.

And I'd say 30-40 leagues with 100,000 players.

I wouldn't get an integrated card as it means you will not be able to upgrade your graphics card

He can.

An ATI card will/can run in Xfire with the integrated graphic card. This means that both the integrated card and this card will work together.

Interesting this is posted now... not suggesting anything but... I guess it would let people know if the demo will work and save those "its not working" threads.

I don't work for SI, I know as much (or as little) as any of you so let's keep the speculation out of this thread please :thup:

Be aware though, that FM is still a 32-bit app so won't be able to utilise all that memory. Running lots of applications at once will be the main benefit.

But FM would not have to share the 3.5 GB with anything.

So it wont help me run FM faster and open more leagues ?

Suppose windows is using 1GB RAM while playing.........

In 32bit, you can only use 3.5GB for everthing inlcluding FM, Windows, Antivirus etc.

FM - 2.5GB

Windows + others - 1GB

In 64bit, you can use all of 6GB but FM will be limited to 3.5 GB.

FM - 3.5GB

Windows + others - 1GB

Free - 1.5GB

So yes, it will help.

I have a laptop with 1.6 Core 2 Duo, 384 MB Intel Gma 965(shared memory) graphic card and 4 gig ram, but Windows XP reads only 2.99,so if i update to Windows 7 will FM run faster or i shouldn't bother?

It will. I have 4GB of DDR2 RAM and have XP Professional Service Pack 2. So, it uses 'only' 3.5 GB of RAM. I plan until FM comes out to switch to Windows 7 64-bit wich will use all of my 4 GB of RAM and so will FM11.

It will. I have 4GB of DDR2 RAM and have XP Professional Service Pack 2. So, it uses 'only' 3.5 GB of RAM. I plan until FM comes out to switch to Windows 7 64-bit wich will use all of my 4 GB of RAM and so will FM11.

Seconded .

Fabio, if your thinking of getting Windows 7, buy it on ebay. There's many cheap offers there which are a lot lower than the retail price.

Ishu, i pretty much went with your specs except i knocked down the ram to 4 gig and went with this graphics card http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=750W

Great. I still think that waiting 2 - 3 weeks will be worth it. ATI is releasing new cards.

You can then either go for the new cards or get the current cards at slashed prices. :cool:

Great. I still think that waiting 2 - 3 weeks will be worth it. ATI is releasing new cards.

You can then either go for the new cards or get the current cards at slashed prices. :cool:

I'm too impatient and the card I went for is top notch in it's range so it'll do me for ages also the mobo i went for has space fr 2 cards if i ever need to upgrade!

I'm too impatient and the card I went for is top notch in it's range so it'll do me for ages also the mobo i went for has space fr 2 cards if i ever need to upgrade!

Congrats then. PM the pics when you get it please. :D

Just curious now seen as i've ordered but am I right in saying this would run FM quicker http://www.dabs.com/products/amd-phenom-ii-x6-1055t-2-8ghz-am3-processor-6Z3W.html

than this? http://www.dabs.com/products/amd-athlon-ii-x4-635-2-9ghz-am3-2mb-l2-73VK.html seen as there's nearly £70 difference.

I'm trying to understand how they work. For instance the 4 core one is 2.9 ghz and the 6 core one is 2.8ghz so at first glance you would think the cheaper one was quicker. Now I don't run much stuff on my pc (security suit, ie) so how is it, if it does will the 6 core 2.8 gh zone run FM faster.

Also do most new games use all the cores or is FM one of only a few? I'm starting to think was it worth the extra cash.

cheers

cheers guys, should be readt in 2 weeks, now i've got such a good setup i'm gonna invest in a few other games. Will start with fifa 11. Is the xbox 360 controller still the best?

I've the xbox 360 controller and it is immense. The buttons are very smash friendly. D-pad sucks though.

Also do most new games use all the cores or is FM one of only a few? I'm starting to think was it worth the extra cash.

cheers

The first one will defo be faster.

Most modern games utilise 8 cores now.

Not really. Very few games utilise even two cores at once. Thats why many people recommend dual core for gaming.

This changing fast though.

I've the xbox 360 controller and it is immense. The buttons are very smash friendly. D-pad sucks though.

The first one will defo be faster.

Not really. Very few games utilise even two cores at once. Thats why many people recommend dual core for gaming.

This changing fast though.

Also the fact that the x6 has the ability to basically shut down 3 cores and divert the power so i'll have three 3.4 ghz processors is good!

Archived