Player wants improved contract after just 6 months

My general rule is that if he's still attaining Superb as morale at any point, then I'll ignore it. If he scores a hat-trick and stays at Good, then it's time to consider the contract.

Another tactic is to play the delay game. If he wants a new contract, either promise him it at the end of the season or tell him to earn it. Depending on his professionalism, you'll get a boost from him and save the wages until the end of the season.

You should be able to tell him to "Prove your worth a new contract", after just 6 months then he can do something like improving his form to deserve it. I dislike how players want so much when they havn't proved themselves. In no way are they going to get paid the same as the clubs best players/legends.

Being Fm though, your pretty limited in what you can do. As the others have mentioned, just keep an eye on his morale and if playing in a cup offer him a contract that he should accept just before the important game. This will improve his morale significantly and hopefully turn into top a performance. I find ambitious players always tend to want more money, whether new contracts, improved contracts or bonuses. Highly professional player rarely ask for an increase in their current wages when extending their contract.

Archived